Can we have a serious conversation about why there are no games this gen?

can we have a serious conversation about why there are no games this gen?

PS4 has Bloodborne and thats it. 3 year old console, 1 game. The question is why.

normies are ruining games and it's getting worse with time

Can we ask why you only acknowledge one game you fucking retard?

And no, I didn't bump this shit thread.

Different tastes now, most want a multiplayer time sink so not much room for anything else to be a runaway success anymore.

ha no gaemz ps4 no gaemz xD

SAGE

Nice Meme

Because games take 4x as long to make and 100x the manpower.

There's roughly the same number of studios making first party PlayStation exclusives as there was 15+ years ago. But instead of each making a new game every 1-2 years it takes them 4-5, especially if it's a new ip, ideas are becoming outdated before they even release. Plus cost to develop has gone up by a lot, if a dev produces a decent-selling game every year, then that's going to be profitable. But instead they produce games much slower, so every game needs to make a shitload of sales to be viable, thus less risks being taken. DLC and microtransactions are the way of keeping it profitable because they don't want to risk upping the retail cost for fear of backlash (in US at least).

It took Naughty Dog more time to make Uncharted 4 than to make Crash 1-3 + Crash Team Racing. With 100s of staff as opposed to 15-30.

Graphics and production value killed gaming, if we still had Ps1 graphics I'd bet there would be multiple exclusives from Insomniac, Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, Gurilla and more. Probably not all great, but lots of games probably means some would be good.

Keeping it short and sweet.

Pepe is staple Cred Forums meme. Your newfag crusade won't kill him no matter how hard you try pass him off as reddit trash.

>I don't remember what happened to troll face or rage comics
Newfag much?

AM2R.

That's Pepe. He's a symbol associated with white supremacy.

There's plenty of good games.

Just none of them are exclusive.

rage comics were memes just for the sake of memes.

Pepe and wojak are signature reaction images that will never go away.

while the only one game is a retarded meme, I do have to say I don't like how many remasters/rereleases there are. That seems to be all this generation is good for. Its fucking annoying.

dumb frogposter

>2016 is literally the year of no games
>People say I'm a jaded asshole when I say this

Have I become jaded?

No those are all memes for the sake of memes.

"Signature reaction images" are just memes. You're retarded if you think they last anything at all. Shit the only reason Pepe has lasted a decade is because the modern Pepe has no relation to the real one (feelsgoodman.jpg)

have these evergreen signature reaction images

Keep telling yourself that.
When a joke gets old, it fades into the abyss.
At this point, people like you are trying to FORCE Pepe and Wojak down everyone else's throats. This will just make them die faster.

You collect 80 billion copies of one meme and it's just hard to let go.

I still wish my sandwich guy pics meant something.

AA6 just came out you retard

There are games. You're just stupid and looking in the wrong places.

Expand your tastes and stop looking forward to AAA normie shit.

Who are these anime waifus?

Hyper Light Drifter
The Witcher 3
Stellaris
Bloodborne
Doom

Also as mention two Ace Attorney games.

They're from Dual Masters. Great anime. Make sure you watch the dub.

They're from Glitter Force. It's on Netflix.

>if we still had Ps1 graphics I'd bet there would be multiple exclusives from Insomniac, Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, Gurilla and more
They'd run out of ideas sooner rather than later, and we would more than likely be seeing even more recycled garbage than ever.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that current development times are definitely out of whack for AAA studios. I don't think we really need to go as far back as PS1 graphics though, but there definitely needs to be a compromise.

1/3 of a game each year

Not bad, are you entitled or what? If you want single player exclusives just buy a pii u.

>someone please imply I have an I'm-over-everything individualist maturity
Kill yourself you pathetic fucking dweeb

Don't be facetious, user. He's not seriously suggesting that. It's not even likely to make games with PS1 graphics anymore, just any modicrum of talent in visual arts would produce PS2 graphics.

Just this year, in order
>Aoe2HD African Kangdoms
>Battlefleet Gothic Armada
>Warhammer Total War
>Overwatch
>Mankind Undivided

Gaming has been packed, sorry for the console bros if they're struggling I guess

PS4 has one game

Nobody else has any games

Well, 3/5 of that is pretty good at least, yeah.

>All games I wanted this gen ended up being shit
>Zelda delayed
>South Park delayed
>Kingdom Hearts 3 never ever it seems
>Silent Hill canceled
At least I have my backlog

It is still amazing that AoE2 gets expansions.

It's the bright star of the night sky that is our dlc obsessed modern gaming.

I've bought at least 7 that were released this year and the year is still not up.

Being an idort probably helps though. Maybe it's the PCucks that are starved? They always seem to be begging for ports of games whenever a new one is announced.

>Pepe and wojak are signature reaction images that will never go away.

Well when you're autistic enough to post them everyday for a year or so straight it's no wonder they won't.

Your memes are forced shit.

Bannerlord soon, fellow user!

The industry is obsessed with one-upping itself in terms of technology, which increases development times and budgets.

The solution is for all developers to say "fuck graphics" and go back to making games that could run on the ps2. This would also fix the issue of shit framerates on consoles and stop PC gamers from wasting their parents money on new graphics cards every 1-2 years.

>There's roughly the same number of studios making first party PlayStation exclusives as there was 15+ years ago

I thought sony has been axing studios left and right atleast 5 between the ps3 launch and now?

>1 game meme
>all modern games are shit meme.

>The solution is for all developers to say "fuck graphics" and go back to making games that could run on the ps2

The problem with this is that everyone is so brainwashed about playing games that "look better" instead of playing games that are actually fun. The quality takes a back seat to everything else. It's been like this for ages and isn't likely to stop.

PS2/GC graphics hold up exceptionally well on some games. Just comes down to how good the modelers are. So I agree, I would gladly embrace a return to smaller budget games that take more risks.

We told you that Wii U + PC was the master race for those Nintendo exclusives and the best platform for third party games.

>Cred Forums hates overpriced overproduced repetitive triple A garbage
>Cred Forums also hates anything remotely indie because there are some assholes on twitter
No win with you guys

Mhmm. I've never really been able to wrap my head around why it seems that all anyone ever wants to talk about anymore is graphics. They really do have everyone wrapped up in it and it's pretty saddening honestly.

Normies only buy realistic shit and there's no room for ugly realism
low-poly is fantastic but never will be a AAA thing

yes

Dude, it's been like this since the late 80's. Maybe even earlier. If you look at just about any vintage vidya ad, there's always some mention of "whoa dude, these graphics will blow your mind!!!"

We're fucked unless there's just a constant stream of shit being released and normies just stop playing vidya altogether. I hate to sound like one of "those" faggots, but the industry would have to crash AGAIN and be reborn. Probably...

PCucks.

Remove PCucks and everything will change. Hell, the entire reason we have shit so bad is PCucks do nothing but bitch and drag everyone down. Get rid of them and we'd probably be rid of war and world hunger in a year.

I have a Wii U, a PS4, and an Xbox One.

None of them have games.

Yeah I got nothing. Like is it because they spend so much money on marketing or what?

Nobody is brainwashed about graphics, you faggots.

The only difference between today and twenty years ago is that acheiving stunning graphics that set a new bar costs too much to "just run a business" with ludicrous investor and "expert" advice.

>The solution is for all developers to say "fuck graphics" and go back to making games that could run on the ps2

That wouldn't go over as well as you think. The moment a game with actual PS2 Graphics comes out from a large studio, it's going to catch shit hard from everyone.

It's been like that since video games have been a thing. People always look forward to something better looking down the road.

Normies have also been playing video games since they were a thing too. They've always been drawn to arcades and have owned consoles.

Them stoping video games would do more bad than good because companies would suddenly wonder "What the fuck happened to our sales" and that's lost money. A lot of lost money.

A crash like the last one can't happen because there are so many things in place that keep it from happening

Casuals always win.

>Nobody is brainwashed about graphics
You are so fucking misinformed...

console devs have to appeal to the console demographic, this means sports/racing games, CoD style games and gears of war type games.
If you don't like those then you are what some call a "true gamer" and should be awarded a top tier gaming PC

>tfw sold my ps4

>top tier gaming PC
I'm too poor for this.

What do I do now?

>PS4 has Bloodborne and thats it

What a stupid word to use on such a subject.

If people were obsessed with graphics, the system with the best graphics would win every console generation, yet those systems almost always do the worst.

People are obsessed with effort, and from a business perspective that (currently) means money and investment. The end.

i can only assume it's because it's more expensive to make games than before and they can't just churn out experimental games every other month like they did on the PS2, they can't even afford to make a game every other year like the 7th gen. Forcing the 4k meme is only going to make things worse.

Infamous Second Son
Infamous First Light
Uncharted 4
Until Dawn
DIsagea 5
Those are just 5 exclusives that are all good games. Second Son isn't as good as First Light, but it's still good.

You should try socializing with people outside the internet. I guarantee you won't have that same opinion after.

user, the PS2 was when they stopped making experimental games.

The whole"why is gaming so stale" thing started in 2005. That's why the Wii had such a fanatical following before release that gave it so much word of mouth.

The whole UNIQUE AND INNOVATIVE movement has mellowed since then because the Wii turned out to be the most shovelware system since the NES.

I do, they care about games with pretty mediocre graphics, like Call of Duty.

You might want to socialize with people outside the internet. It would give you incite, like the fact that average Joes view gaming as less than hobby (and nowhere near a passion) and their views and wanta are extremely simple.

You guys realize that people have always had hardons for graphics, right? The only problem here is that it just costs a lot more now to get good looking graphics than it did back in previous gens.

Normies leaving video games wouldn't magically fix things like people seem to think. They've always been there. Companies aren't going to suddenly go back to 6th gen graphics unless they have to because they know they can make better looking things and so does everyone else.

4 of those are movies

how are the infamous games movies?

@352652735
Okay

>They're movies because they have cutscenes
Yeah, okay.

What are you talking about "no gaems"?

NBA 2K17 just came out

There were a couple.

This gen has no games because you only like obscure meme trash games. Either get a better taste in games or find a new hobby you dumb frog poster.

>pepe
>Cred Forums meme
go away newfag

holy shit this is max cringe

>doom ranked same as no mans sky
Fucking kill yourself

(You)

(You)

>Stellaris
>above average
>confirmed for maximum retard

Bloodborne
Xeno x
Splatoon
Bayo 2
Odin sphere leifthrasir (literally a God among remasters come at me)
Gravity rush
Ds2, 3
Destiny

Dumb frogposter.

>FNAF world
>6/10
I don't give a shit about the series in anyway but holy fuck fnaf world was very clearly broken
It was so fucking bad it got pulled from the market
(You)

>Destiny
>this gen
>DS2
>this gen
>Xeno X
>good
>Gravity rush
>2011 release date is this gen I guess
You're the only dumb one here

are you one of those weird old men that refuses to play multiplats on any platform?

Who's the kid with the spikey hair?