Who designed this bullshit and how does he think it makes any sense from an energy standpoint this would be about the...

Who designed this bullshit and how does he think it makes any sense from an energy standpoint this would be about the most stupidly innefficient energy weapon on the face of the planet and why do you crank it AND it uses ammo at the same time?

I mean i guess i should of expected this from the bethesda crackpots

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_fantasy
youtube.com/watch?v=6zMhOMfs_o0
youtube.com/watch?v=Bi51-wjcwp8
youtube.com/watch?v=QBAM27YbKZg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davy_Crockett_(nuclear_device)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Pluto
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Its a energy variant of those shitty pipe-guns. Its supposed to be like someone too a bunch of broken lazer rifles and cobbled something that worked. It was just a novelty, I never seriously used one in my play-through

But the thing is the thing they cobbled together would deplete any charge in the capacitor before it fired because the the laser it generates in the "barrel" is using power actively

Fucking fun to use though. I loved my 6-crank musket in FO4. Such a satisfying discharge noise

Looks like you need to lighten up. There's a lot of stuff in Fallout that you know, couldn't happen in real life. It is a video game after all.

> sperg cunt

I think it's a cool design and actually really appreciate the weird weapons. Very steampunk meets cyberpunk.

My understanding is that it is supposed to be utter shit. Its jury rigged using shit parts and a main componant ripped from an actual Laser Rifle.

OPs complaint is

>Cranking implies you are generating the energy
>Should require no ammo
>Still uses it

Valid if you want to be autistic. It was just another anachronism to fit in with the MinuteMen theme.

IT WONT STOP

It's fun until you get the rail gun which makes every weapon in the game obsolete.

Whoa there, careful what ur sayin.
Else some hipster nu-male will drop in and tell you his two shot or instigating 6 crank laser musket can beat your fucking rail gun to hell.

Simple answer

>two shot railgun

>glass tube that holds energy charge which if cracked could leak radiation or lasers through
>open air between firing point and the focusing glasses on a device which rocks and moves around
>if glasses bend, tilt, or get scratched in any way the laser could go of to god knows where
>hope this laser gun that's literally duct taped together is perfectly calibrated and doesn't get damaged at all

Fuck Todd, this thing makes zero sense even in Fallout

Look dude, I used duct tape. That shit isn't moving.

I don't really care that it looks jury rigged or impractical, I mean it's not ideal but Fallout had a share of weird guns. What gets me is how Beth looks at the location they chose and once again decides "Hmmm, this place is in America and we sure had some history so boy, let's cram as much of it in as we can". So now we have a Minutemen faction who dress in period clothes and use laser muskets - see, that's so zany and Fallout, they're futuristic because lasers, but also historical because muskets!

This isn't just a Bethesda thing, it's a pretty common trope in lots of fiction; Society collapses so they revert to an older simpler version of their past. I'm perfectly ok with this.

so....Bethesda Fallout weapon image dump?

Wow much original.

not interested in talking about how realistic things are in an alternative universe post-apoc game w/ taking mutants and ghouls

>an older simpler version of their past
It's not an older social structure, though, like a tribe, for example. It's a reenactment of a very specific historical faction down to using a laser version of period firearms, in a setting where actual rapid-fire lasers are a relatively common thing.

You might want to compare it to Legion, but Legion has a very good reason for being what it is, really. They don't reenact history, they aren't really aware of Rome-that-was. Caesar just using the bits and pieces of Roman culture, which he learned from being a well read man, to erase tribal identities of the people he conquers. And they use modern weapons when they can. Well, and melee ones, but melee is really, really weird in Fallout setting, all evidences point to it being considered a viable alternative to ranged combat even in-setting - like various powerfists and vibroblades being pre-war tech.

Lets just conveniantly forget that the post war one was made by a science lab that literallly prints humans

What? It breaks down the cannonball into three smaller ones.

Whose brilliant idea was it to make every weapon in Fallout 4 left-handed AND THEN MAKE THE PLAYER CHARACTER USE IT RIGHT-HANDED?

BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS

Hate to break it to you user, but there are tons of talking mutants IRL.

>find 10 differences.png

its a stupid weapon that's makes no sense other than dude boston revolutionary war lmao

>Very steampunk meets cyberpunk.
reading this gave me autism

So does it heal them for double or do half as much healing?

>tfw they didn't add that cool bio-gun

T-thanks todd.

I honestly adored the lasmusket, so much fun to use. However, I kinda wish they'd stuck to the original idea where the entire crank thing generated energy without needing ammo.

It's so you can see more detail on the model.

It's silly, but I can't argue with it. Doesn't trigger my autism at all, since I'd rather not stare at flat metal for hours.

>every thread

We get it. The random modifiers did some wacky shit. It's one of the smallest problems the game had. So much so that I never ran into a broken modifier.

In fact, since only these two get reposted all the time, I have a feeling it's really rare.

>Double fire Fatman
>MIRV upgrade
>For some reason it shoots SIXTEEN nukes
>mfw the first time I shot it

Oh no, you found another one! My whole post is meaningless!

The legendary shit was a mistake, but it's still one of the smaller problems in comparison to others. Not worth being a focus of thread after thread.

As said, sometimes they ended up fun. Still retarded, but fun.

That's a cut content legendary mod you have to apply through a console command or a mod.

>But because our firing and reloading animations "needed" to be shared with the standard laser set

Why? Fucking why? Tell me why!

underrated

because everything "needs" to be magazine-loaded :^)

Because they all share the same animations
Because Beth can't learn how to make uniqe signaures so each wepaon has it's own reload animation, and instead use the same ones for different classes of weapons.
They could just make more classes in turn, but it's clear they where too lazy for that as well.

>5 rounds in tube
>one shell ejected
>5 more rounds loaded
>another shell ejected just 'cause

Who the fuck used this trash disguised as a weapon anyway?

The time it takes you to reload all 6 shots you could've used to get a fully upgraded plasma rifle and kill the enemy with one shot

Early-mid game those cranks made for a powerful first strike if you play a stealth archer.

havent played this game yet
correct me if im wrong but
it seems this is gun-manager 2k16?
as opposed to 3 and nv which were inventory-manager 2k16?

i hear its more of a shooter, which i like, since the combat in the previous games were absolutely abysmal.

my current rig is from 2009 would it be worth buying a new pc to play this?

To be fair, New Vegas did sort of the same thing with a few weapons.
>plasma pistol
>plasma defender

>plasma caster
>gatling laser

>plasma rifle/multiplas
>LAER

>pretty much every automatic pistol and AR style rifle

But it still pretty lazy.

you shouldn't play this at all

>To be fair, New Vegas did sort of the same thing with a few weapons.
and who was to blame for that?

Good point.

>Play trough nuka world
>Get my hands on an AK
>The bolt opening is on the wrong side
>The modifications you can apply are determined by diferent perks than other guns because fuck you

How does that not crash the game?

Maybe it's the damage balance mod I'm using, but the Gauss Rifle isn't a be all end all weapon to me. It's awful for crowd control, and without a full charge is outpaced for damage by more conventional weapons like a kitted out .308 CR, and is definitely outpaced for DPS by an advanced auto AK or any of the heavy weapons.

I have a feeling this could be easily fixed.

To be fair, the reload animations never changed in New Vegas either if you modded the weapons.

> Maybe its the damage balance mod I'm using
You don't say huh

That's true. It also showcases the reload animation. I don't agree with it, but loads of games have done it before for similar reasons, and because a hose of brass coming across your vision is kinda cool I guess.

>I have a feeling this could be easily fixed.
can you change the guns into being right-handed instead of left-handed?

they added lever-action rifles and pump-action shoguns and gate-loaded revolvers THAT WORKED.

>but I can't argue with it
>because a hose of brass coming across your vision is kinda cool I guess.

see

they still havent patched that out btw

Oh, I know. I'm hasguns and know how shitty it is for real, but the visual spectacle is what they're trying to sell, not accurate portrayals of firearms. It's why they stuck this big awkward animation in for the bolt action rifle to showcase the bolt coming all the way back and the brass ejecting due to the left-handed action, when New Vegas had it on the proper side for ease of use and swiftness of action.

Because their animation director is a talentless fuck that Todd was friends with high school.

They also haven't patched in the DLC ammo to the Contraptions Ammo Plant object, so Bethesda is just dropping the ball a lot here. I'd be angrier about it if post-apocalyptic Sims wasn't so much fucking fun.

You know you already had it

>but the visual spectacle is what they're trying to sell, not accurate portrayals of firearms

They could had just borrowed the Rail gun from Red faction and had a battery that you dumped out after every shot.

Well I just turned it off and popped in, and I can still clear a room faster with an auto AK, a maxed out plasma thrower, or the maxed gatling laser. The biggest thing that bugs me about the Gauss is that it's the actual end-game sniper rifle, when the .50 cal upgrade for the hunting rifle should have taken that honor, turning the effective but slow .308 into a slow but devastating bolt gun. Instead we get a wind-up pop gun that has none of the satisfying impact of the AMR from New Vegas.

its actually a pretty good rifle

you can tell it was originally just suppose to be the shotgun, but they added the rifle variant at the last second

>still no G3 knockoff

And the mod version looks like crap

What a load of crap

>no pump-action shotguns in Fallout 4
>every shotgun you find is a double-barrel or magazine-loaded
>every double-barreled shotgun had a sawed-off barrel by default
>you had to get the full-length barrel by modding it
IT
JUST
WORKS

How does one "mod" a longer barrel onto a gun?

You can simply download a mod that makes it so it doesn't require energy cells, it exists. But then you'll probably realize it's OP as shit like that. Bethesda probably followed your line of thought and decided it should take ammo for balance purposes.

You unsaw the barrel off.

Not a shitty weapon but this pissed me off to no end.

>in order to have common sense you need to install a mod that someone else made
WEW

what about this?

That annoyed me but this made it worse.

The man fucking weapon of a major faction too.

I love it. Fallout didn't implement it well though.

If I had to guess, ghouls dont need to eat but if they eat it may help them to keep their sanity and prevent them from going feral. If you look at a normal ghoul and a feral, you'll notice that they're alot thinner

Ghouls need to eat. And drink. And breathe.

You think radiation gave them magic powers? They are still living creatures. This isn't a fantasy game.

It's easy to criticize when the alternative is ripping off real weapons and calling it a day.

That would make sense if the Ghoul from Fallout New Vegas didn't exist.

>If asked how he survived for so long by himself, he claims to have lived off radroach meat, used the condensation off the pipes for water, and "does his business" in the far corner.

Do you even coldfire element?

>Obsidiots shitting on Betehsda's weapon design when New Vegas had this monstrosity.

>This isn't a fantasy game.
Yes, yes it is.
I'll give benefit of the doubt to the developers since it was made by obsidian and not Bethesda. It could obviously be made more clear, but in reality fallout 4 retconned alot from the fallout universe

>They are still living creatures
They're fucking zombies who live for millennia despite being almost completely rotten through.

And also, that Ghoul was a fucking retard.
>Dude let me up if I get those files the Mutants will leave
>No fuck you go on a dangerous mission to find the corpse I was banging
>What do you mean I can go myself if the mutants leave and your possible death could mean more weeks of being stuck here fuck you

>defending Bethesda
>Obsidiots

WOW IT'S NOT LIKE WE DON'T USE THE SAME ACTION FOR DIFFERENT WEAPONS OR ANYTHING NOPE

>They're fucking zombies
So you haven't played Fallout. You can leave now.

Do centuries-old, dilapidated factories in the middle of the dry, dry desert have a lot of "condensation in the pipes"?

Shit by another name is still shit.

science fiction is not fantasy.
fantasies do not have rules. science fiction has rules.

not really, they just lost their sanity
Desert's do condensate alot (Sauce: I live in a desert)

>fantasies do not have rules. science fiction has rules.
Neither is required to have rules, both benefit from them.

Best weapon in the game.
Believe it not, you're still gonna burn.

This
If anything, fallout is science fantasy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_fantasy

>not really, they just lost their sanity
Yes really, they are 1) Rotting 2) Seemingly Ageless 3) fucking zombies.

He's not in a dilapidated unused factory, he's in a factory that other ghouls were actively using to produce spacecraft.

>science fiction doesn't require rules or laws explaining the universe

Falout wiki:
> Becoming permanently irradiated, they were horribly disfigured and their lifespans were increased virtually indefinitely. In most case's exposure to radiation and the FEV in the post-War Commonwealth wastes degenerated their brains, causing them to lose their higher cognitive functions, turning them into mindless, radiation-resistant cannibals.

They aren't rotting unless it says so in their title

triggering autists, top lad

The only part it's missing is the capacitor from the real energy rifle.

You're not generating ammo when you crank it, you're manually charging it.

>They aren't rotting

You can see inside this fucker ribcage. Stop pretending the Ghouls make any kind of biological sense.

>defending Bethesda
>ever

Way to show us all your extra chromosome

Pre-bethesda fallout games are retconned by newer games.

Meanwhile they made a completely unique reload animation for the rare as fuck .22 SMG.

Not moreso than any fantasy, and science fiction universes often use magic by another name, like Mass Effect energy or "radiation" in Fallout.

man that thing was great

>This isn't a fantasy game.
Fallout has always been a fantasy game, you just have to play 2 to see it.

You know that gamma guns can be modified to do energy damage right?

i beat 2. wild wasteland type special random encounters are just non-canon easter eggs.

How do you know they're non-canon?

This one isn't a ghoul.

and they couldn't get how to do the same for power fists.

The problem is not Obsidian, it's Bethesda. Obsidian is the one making new things. Bethesda does nothing.

Tenpenny pls.

because you will keep asking retarded bait questions all night. Don't reply to me again.

That was the first time I replied to you. You didn't answer my question.

You can see inside this one's chest too.

Someome post that oic from new vegas. The ghoul who was hunkered in a room nightkin whete tryin to get in

they are mutated by radiation that is now both keeping them alive and killing them at the same time. But they are still human inside and still function the same way.

You mean the retard who made you go sneak around the nightkin before he allowed you to get the files that would make the nightkin go away?

and your shitposting is the same as all other shiposting. go fish for (You)s in some other thread

The latter is talking about ferals.

Presumably he was hoping that by keeping them fed they wouldn't be as aggressive. Even if they don't need to eat that doesn't mean that their instincts know that.

Yes that retard. That was eating roaches

>function the same way
>kept magically alive by radiation

Please, do explain how they're not basically magic rotting radzombies.

Those seem to be hole marks. I would have more concern for his exposed trachea.

they eat, drink, breathe, piss, and shit. Same as all other humans.

>Please, do explain
go play the fucking game. do i look like an encyclopedia to you?

>But they are still human inside and still function the same way.

No they're not. They don't have any bodyheat. And they don't bleed out in spite of missing all that skin.

already posted.

>Same as all other humans.
Other humans aren't kept alive for centuries by radiation. How do they even eat piss and shit if their organs are visibly rotting and often full of fucking holes?

fully upgraded and made into a sniper rifle, it does a lot of damage if you can hide long enough to crank it up between shots

niche, but useful

Eric in Fallout 2 had a problem because his sweat attracted flies.

How the fuck can a ghoul still have sweat glands if they don't have skin?

Ignore that guy. Ghouls are not the same as humans and operate under different rules. They kind of have cartoon biology.

I don't remember seeing a pile of shit in one of the rooms corners.

They have patches of it. Only thr marked men dont have skin

Thank you.

The ghouls are not supposed to have a uniform appearance. They are supposed to have varying degrees of necrosis.

>Get combat leather jacket
>Description states that it has both sleeves
>My character sprite clearly only has one sleeve when I'm wearing it

Fucking lazy ass Black Isle Studios re-using sprites instead of making new ones.

laser musket was one of the few weapons that actually felt good to use
perfect design and aesthetics for a starter energy weapon, and not too bad on the later game once you get all the upgrades

it was like they did good for one moment and then they go back to making the most generic content possible

>tfw dad roasted for naming my lever action rifle 'daisy' in the gun workshop
>tried to explain the reference but he called me a fag and walked away

Isn't it normal to name your gun after a girl? Would you want to carry around a man all day?

Is he disappointed his son isn't gay?

pump shotguns could not be added due to engine limitations

he calls me retarded, gay, etc any time i do something for aesthetic value like naming weapons or putting neon signs in my settlement or changing my settlers clothes.
he is the worst type of normie you will ever meet.

You should suck dicks that'll show him.

>But the thing is the thing they cobbled together would deplete any charge in the capacitor before it fired because the the laser it generates in the "barrel" is using power actively

Big difference between pen light power and go through you power. Easy to have targeting low power mode.

youtube.com/watch?v=6zMhOMfs_o0

Thank you Todd

>Bethesda thinks this is an Assault Rifle
>All bolt action rifles are left handed for some fucking reason
>Procedurally generated pipe guns are ~50% of the weapons you find
>Barely any truly unique weapons to find which takes the fun out of exploration
>Classic Fallout guns like the 10mm SMG, .308 semi-auto sniper rifle, and the AR-10 style Service Rifle are nowhere to be seen
>Too many gimmicky impractical guns you'll barely want to use

Who the fuck designed the weapons in this game and what the fuck was he smoking.

Everything in Fallout 4 feels like it was cobbled together by a bunch of interns who have never played an actual Fallout game before.

Legendary weapons are by far the dumbest shit Bethesda put in Fallout 4. The legendary effects are actually listed as Skyrim enchantments in the game's files too.

Procedurally generated shite is no replacement for actual unique content.

>>All bolt action rifles are left handed for some fucking reason
the position of the bolt on them inst odd.

the rest (aside from classic guns not being there, who gives a shit) are good points.

Never got why the assault rifle looked like a bit of pipe.

LOL

youtube.com/watch?v=Bi51-wjcwp8

youtube.com/watch?v=QBAM27YbKZg

I really hope Obsidian gets to do another Fallout.

I want my lever action and pump action shotguns back.

Repeaters.

Grenade launchers.

Variety of six shooters.

Even before any NV DLCs there was a huge assortment of weapons to choose from. FO4 even with the mod system pales in comparison. It's fucking stupid. It's like the only thing FO4 did right was making random junk actually useful.

Also quick loot

also no fucking """"""""Pre-war""""""""" junk energy weapons. They had factory-grade guns for fucks sake.

Also
>No custom reload animations for gun mods

Engine limitations strike again.

Isn't that just based on the plasma rifles from Fallout 1? I'm pretty sure the actual original design is in NV as well.

While you are correct, I would still say that the designs in still show that the designs are just a quick change rather than actually deigned with considering what rechanbering the action into a different caliber (and in this case different ammunition type entirely) would do.

lazy design, and neither make sense as "combat" anything with the mare's leg stock

>Its supposed to be like someone too a bunch of broken lazer rifles and cobbled something that worked. It was just a novelty

just like bethesda games

Your Mom's ass condenses a lot (Sauce: I Live in your Mom's ass)

>>Classic Fallout guns
You mean classic real guns black isle ripped off because they couldn't design good guns.

The 10mm SMG and DKS sniper rifle are classic and original designs.

And that one's hideous too, just slightly less retarded because it has a mere trident claw in the front instead of three machetes.

>Procedural generated pipe guns are ~50% of the weapons you find
The pipe gun component chart really shows that who every designed it didn't give a shit and was too lazy to look up how guns work, especially the action of the revolver
>Sharp as fuck firing pin
>Cylinder has cut outs and no back plate
>No logical way to index
>Frame looks to be enable to handle anything over rimfire, as it's just an "underbone" design

Even if it doesn't blow up or fall apart, you'd get a prieced primer (if the firing pin actually reaches it, as it actually is too far back) and a face full of gas.

I usually don't care about vidya guns, but you assholes keep posting that shit on /k/, asking if it'll work.

Actually I'll give you that one. I miss the old 10mm pistol too, though I like the new one.

It's just a bit unusual to complain about its design when they're just keeping their game consistent with the older titles, both in art style and literal continuity.

It was a shit design then, and the "legendary version" is absolute dogshit.
Art design was one of FNV's biggest weaknesses. The updated APA model was absolutely awful too.

That said, they did knock it out of the park with both the Ranger gear and the Nightcrawler monsters.

The new one looks too bulky, IMO.
Also
>The pipe "rifle" fires low calibre postol rounds despite having a magazine that looks like it was designed for rifle rounds.

they wanted a musket weapon because minutemen. a real musket would not have worked considering how you reload that thing. stupid idea but thats the reason.

Bethesda's assault rifle is a real gun too. They just took a Maxim and made it retarded.

No. It looks more like retarded combo of a Lewis Gun and an MG08/15.

>Everything in Fallout 4 feels like it was cobbled together by a bunch of interns who have never played an actual Fallout game before.
DING, DING, DING! He finally gets it. When you realize that Fallout is really just Bethesda's side project that they use to bring in extra money, test new ideas for their flagship (Elder Scrolls) and squeeze easy money out of fanboys, it all makes sense why so much in Fallout 3 and 4 feels so bad.

>The new one looks too bulky
It's ssmaller than the old one.

I know it doesn't make any sense but I still like the combat shotgun's design, especially with the drum mag.

1. I think it's supposed to emulate the clunkiness of old actual muskets.
2. My First Energy Weapon(tm).

>it's a "Cred Forums conveniently ignores the fact that Fallout has been nonsensical bullshit from minute one so they can shit on Bethesda" episode
Yawn, so many reruns these days.

The "claws" at the end, just like the regular plasma caster, are there to create a magnetic field so that the plasma shot does not just go wherever. It actually makes sense from a physics stand point.

You can't expect a shitposter to put any thought into anything.

Why are the brotherhood of steel satanically executing people in front of a pit of lava like a james bond villain? Wrent they bethesdas good guys in fallout 3? And sort of neutral in fallout NV

Resident evil reloads.

>roleplaying game
>dosent roleplay

They could have easily made the combat rifle (FO4) the from previous games.

It would have also been lore friendly to modify the service rifle into existing guns in the game-universe

"They could have easily made the combat rifle (FO4) the from previous games."

meant to say, replace the combat rifle (FO4) with the service rifle

That's not the Brotherhood senpai, that's a raider gang who set up in a steelworks and love fire.

In Fallout 4 the Brotherhood is the Fourth Reich.

Is the fat man the worst, most retarded weapon to come out of bethesda's fallouts? Who the fuck had the idea to fetishize nukes in a world that was destroyed by nuclear war?
>mfw mini nukes are a currency in nuka world

>In Fallout 4 the Brotherhood is the Fourth Reich.
So the only good option.

guns look weird user

>Who the fuck had the idea to fetishize nukes in a world that was destroyed by nuclear war?
They're fucking pre-war tech bro, and man-portable nuclear weapons were in prototyping in the 50s and 60s in real life.

based on the fact that nukes are used as the ultimate weapon to destroy the final boses in fallout 1 and 2, and you can drive a nuke truck in fallout tactics, eh, dunno davey

Tell him to go suck a dick, that'll show him.

like another user above said, these silly ideas actually existed. heres a backpack nuke designed to be carried by a single man. if it sounds completely crazy and stupid, keep in mind they only stopped training people to use these in 1985. they thought this was a good idea for over 20 years

>Who the fuck had the idea to fetishize nukes in a world that was destroyed by nuclear war?
Go ask Japan, they fucking love Fallout games and they're the only people to have been legitimately targeted by nukes. Excluding soldiers "accidentally" exposed during testing.

>My fucking face when
THIS WORLD IS TOO CRAZY
I WANT OFF THIS WILD RIDE

Nice face, faggot.

they also made and deployed nuclear mines during the cold war, but none were ever used. although they were remotely activated, its pretty hlarious to imagine a nuclear mine with a pressure based detonater, or a tripwire styled one. some kid playing around in the forest suddenly turning into a 200 feet wide 50 feet deep hole

This. Made into a sniper rifle or a shotgun it's a really high power single shot weapon

jesus christ are literal retards in charge of the usa army?

i knew americans were stupid but damn

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davy_Crockett_(nuclear_device)

dont forget Project Pluto: The Nuclear powered nuke dropping ramjet that would travel at Mach 5 at treetop level and drop warheads behind it as it travelled

It only got scrapped as a project because the radiation trail it left behind it meant they couldnt test fly their prototype

i think he means the CHOO CHOO rail gun

because why the fuck would you use anything else

Ah. This guys weapo

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Pluto
"The proposed use for nuclear-powered ramjets would be to power a cruise missile, called SLAM, for Supersonic Low Altitude Missile. In order to reach ramjet speed, it would be launched from the ground by a cluster of conventional rocket boosters. Once it reached cruising altitude and was far away from populated areas, the nuclear reactor would be made critical. Since nuclear power gave it almost unlimited range, the missile could cruise in circles over the ocean until ordered "down to the deck" for its supersonic dash to targets in the Soviet Union. The SLAM as proposed would carry a payload of many nuclear weapons to be dropped on multiple targets, making the cruise missile into an unmanned bomber. After delivering all its warheads, the missile could then spend weeks flying over populated areas at low altitudes, causing tremendous ground damage with its shock wave. When it finally lost enough power to fly, and crash-landed, the engine would have a good chance of spewing deadly radiation for months to come."

Fuck off Todd

>the good guys invented this
Imagine what the Soviets would have done if their scientists weren't too busy making Tetris.

We just like nukes, got a problem with that?

at a guess the soviets did make similar superweapons and it just never got declassified

>this expands dong

>>the good guys
lmao
You mean your side.

say what you will about fallout 4 but the sawn off in that game is pretty based

i almost want to play the game again to shoot at stuff with the .44 and the sawn off

Get the fuck outta here Ivan, don't you have some bread lines to stand in today?

>nuclear weapons
>good guys
Like saying "yeah this dude is a serial killer but he's on our side, so he's a good guy serial killer!"

t. Pete Hines

soviets did it as well

Fuck off Hamerican, don't you have to get your daily 9mm vaccine to take?

Not even Soviet, friendo. But you guys were war criminals too. You just don't get prosecuted because you "won"

fuck i come to v lookin for a good thread and all i get is some guy sperging over a laser musket

>laser weapons have recoil

Both the Nukes in 1 and 2 were Weapons of Last Resort for both villains, and ultimately having one of these devices was their downfall.

In 3 a robot chucks them like they're footballs and people build a fucking city around one.

sure it plays better but there is no compelling reason to play it

>i come to v
You mean Cred Forums newfag
>lookin for a good thread
Stupid decision, everything is shit.
Fuck off.

does FO4 have any decent sex mods yet?

>keeping their game consistent with the older titles, both in art style and literal continuity
Why can't bethesda do this?

Nigga, muskets are smooth as fuck.

The cold war was a fun time for engineering and scientific lunatics. Their insane ideas got funded by paranoid military leaders.

>but the visual spectacle is what they're trying to sell, not accurate portrayals of firearms

CASING FLYING OUT THAT ISN'T EVEN AN OBJECT TO PICK UP?
HOLY SHIT NOBODY HAS EVER DONE THAT

Lmao

You seem to be too retarded to distinguish "centuries" and "millennia"

>Procedurally generated pipe guns

I'm convinced that Bethesda is trying to make everything procedural. Items, quests. In the end they'll be able to press a "Make AAA game" button and then leave the master computer whizzing for about three years and then just sell whatever it churns out.

It worked for Sean, why shouldn't everyone else get in on it?

The Institute laser weapons were designed to re-use the existing laser weapon animations. Bethesda didn't make new animations to work with new objects. They made objects to work with old animations.

FO4's animations was a big step compared to Skyrim but goddamn are Bethesda's animators useless and talentless hacks.

Most satisfying gun in the game.

>shit design and brainless concepts in a game that mimics realism

Come on user, we are better than that.

That is not the 7.62 AR from Nuka World.

All the guns on FO4 were retarded. This is hardly new stuff.

Sten is an actual pipe-gun though.

Bethesda aren't known for good weapon design

>Dude let's base a weapon design on a rare as fuck Musket body rather than on one of the thousands of more modern weapons that would be out there and easier to find than a musket

>But because our firing and reloading animations "needed" to be shared with the standard laser set
It really hurts reading this over and over again.

it would be perfect or close range fight
if only enemies stopped being into me to hit me

>but goddamn are Bethesda's animators useless and talentless hacks.
I'm fairly sure a large part of it is the shit engine they're stubbornly sticking with. That shit is way outdated and probably has fucking horrible tools for them to work with.

not interested in discussing how realistic things are in an alternate universe post-apoc game w/ talking mutants and ghouls

Damn we were crazy sons of bitches i wonder what the soviets were planning?

Oh pal, one day you'll grow up and realize videogame development is 99% smoke and mirrors to hide your recycled assets.

The paintjob is good tho.

>convince Danse to stay around
>the power armor he gets
What.