Iranian gamer here, are you anons interested about our view on video games?

Iranian gamer here, are you anons interested about our view on video games?

Q&A

here some facst:

literally nobody here has a Nintendo console,
the country stopped importing Nintendo products when the N64 came out. I don't know why.

People have been owning Sony consoles since then.
PS1,2,3,4.
The others are pc gamers.

Nintendo gamers are extremely rare.

We have very serious professional pes, fifa, tekken, Street Fighter and racing gamers here but they can't attend eSports in foreign countries because we can't get a visa if we aren't extremely wealthy and nobody supports it.
NES was a big hit here back then,
The SNES not.
When the SNES came out people only had a Sega.

99% of the population here either plays PS4 or PC right now.

We also have many speedrunners, but most of them play PS1 ans PS2.

We still hold national Crash Team Racing tournaments here.

Ask me anything game'ish,
I only reply to game related stuff.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_Revolution
youtube.com/watch?v=_2LEgowbzSc
youtube.com/watch?v=p1ni_OS8kQI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>We still hold national Crash Team Racing tournaments here.
That sounds too based

Aren't video games haram?

How come no one is executed for playing these filthy infidel games?

Do you have any risques games, like Dead or Alive?

What games do you ban?

Aren't depictions of humans against pisslam?

does xbone even exist in stores?

What are your favorite videogames, and why?

>How come no one is executed for playing these filthy infidel games?
>What games do you ban?

Battlefield 3 was banned because you attack Teheran in the game.
(But we all played it anyway)

GTA San Andreas and most GTA are banned because of the prostitution in the game.
(but we all played it anyway)

God of War was banned because for the big titties
(but we all played it anyway)

You get in trouble if the regime finds out you sell those games in your store,
but they sell them anyway if you just go and ask if they have it they go and being it from their hidden area or something.

other than that

most games are legal here unless it has a lot of fucking and titties in it like DOA beachvolleyball or something
(but we can get any game we want, there is always a way)

Technically they're against all Abrahamic religions but a lot of people ignore that rule because it seriously stifles human creativity. Every so often fundamentalist groups will spring up in all of the various offshoots that will be big on destroying images as idols that distract from the worship of Yahweh.

Those games shown there, what language are they in once you install them? Do they register on Steam?

Do you play on asia or eu servers?

Do you think they'll ever lighten up on bans and stuff? Does Iran even produce any games?

Is life as bad as the news makes it out to be?

Are you a muslim?

Could I make a living running cargo planes of vidya into Iran?

Are ANY games not bootlegs like the ones in your picture?

Show your console games.

I'd imagine Iran is now better than the sunni areas.

What about the xbox?

Are you rich or middle class? What's the general populaces' thoughts on games?

If a videogame would be made about iran which style would you like to see it persian or islam?

A country that doesn't put CTR on the pedestal is a shit country

>there is always a way
Based Iran, what do you guys think of having to be the heroic american in most games

What happens if the regime finds out that you sell or play those games?

who are the regime?

>PCs are for poor brown people
>consoles are for rich white people

whoa... really makes you think... huh...

Why are you shitposting on an imageboard for chinese cartoons instead of bringing Iran back?

When will you purge the middle east of Saudi camel-fuckers and kikes?

Is Northern Iran that beautiful?

In Brazil it's basically the same, except people adhere to the console that has easier piracy.

Yeah we have steam

we play most our games in english.

sometimes people mod the games and add farsi language.

favorite game is Smash4, and Resident Evil Remake, I'm one of the rare iranians that had Nintendo consoles because my cousin brought them from Europe.
My next favorite is Heart of Darkness on PS1
I should note that iranians are not very religious people, specially those in big cities, it's just our government that's like that.

Is there truth to this image OP

Why isn't xbox popular? Xbox isn't that popular anywhere anyways but 99 percent ps4 and PC is pretty high. I mean xbox isn't hundred percent garbage.

what do you need to do to get a foreign visa?

Just show up in Europe or be black

was it as good as it seems on the box?

Is this popular there or just all the Arab countries?

Of course it's true Iran has a Muslim dictatorship royal family got taken over learn some basic world history you dumb burger

I always thought that Xbox is mostly American thing. Here in SEA, there are very few people who own Xbawks.

How much does internet cost over there? Is it Australia-tier expensive?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_Revolution

>Iran buying American products

Are those bootleg games? Here in my country you only get several dvds or a bluray on a baggie.

iran is white though

Iranian here. Fuck off.

OP is pretty based. Don't stop playing games, OP.

>I should note that iranians are not very religious people
Go back to your Persian roots and stop being cucked by Arabic culture.

sounds like the us in to 90's

For anyone that hasn't been redpilled on Iran yet:
youtube.com/watch?v=_2LEgowbzSc

The only shitty part about it is the awful government.

Do your mom or any of your sister train as ninjas?

>are you anons interested about our view on video games?
I'm more interested on what you think about your barbaric, medievil religion having been founded by a murderer, rapist, and pedophile who was under the influence of satan.

great taste amigo

Really? Here in America ive ran into a lot of ps4s xbox 360 era was all xbox 360 though. Xbox one burned even America.

>(but we all played it anyway)

Based sandy.

God bless u user

Why would go to store to pirate games when you can download them?

" When will the university ban on non-Muslims be lifted? - The Video Game" was a classic.

>Australia
>expensive
Well meme'd. Once you convert the exchange rate and adjust for higher wages, it's pretty fucking cheap.

I've reported this thread to the Iranian FBI and they're coming to hang your infidel ass as we speak, you fucking terrorist.

>medievil
American education

When you try to tell a joke next time make sure it's funny.

It was me trying to ask a legitimate question with only the tiniest bit of effort.

I love this guy. The India video is great.

Fuck your false god
الله أكبر

stop trying to make nukes bitch

>It's a "Burger confuses the Bahá'í faith with an Abrahamic faith" episode

It is definitely expensive compared to Asia and Europe, where $30 AUD would get you unlimited fibre. Not to mention all those plans you have with very low upload.

You're an awesome dude OP.

Keep it up.

Do you guys love Ace Combat / gran turismo? People love flight / racing games in south america.

So is there a weeb game scene?
You guy have arcades? If so what games are there? SFIV/SFV or are they older?

How's the internet there? do games host servers in your country or do you connect to other ones and lag a lot? Is the online community strong?

And an aloha snackbar to you too my friend

Who is your best Street Fighter player?

>literally nobody here has a Nintendo console,
>the country stopped importing Nintendo products when the N64 came out. I don't know why.

Is that why you're so fucking mad all the time?

wtf I love Iranians now

shut up nintoddler

It's funny but Nintendo hasn't been relevant for a while in the rest of the world

The strongest market for Nintendo is USA

Latin Americans only play PlayStation and Xbox, and Nintendo is only popular in Mexico

Europeans are Sony land

>Do you play on asia or eu servers?
Both

>Those games shown there, what language are they in once you install them?
english

>Do you think they'll ever lighten up on bans and stuff? Does Iran even produce any games?
I don't think thy will lighten up on titties and nudity
our own (official) games are mostly shit but there are some good indie developers.

>is life as bad as the news makes it out to be?
Don't want to answer anything not game related
but no it is not bad.

>Are you a muslim?
I don't like to talk about religion

>Are ANY games not bootlegs like the ones in your picture?

All games on PS1 & 2 were bootlegs.
But since the PS3 and PS4 it's all original.

>What about the xbox?
It is not as rare as the WiiU but nobody buys it.

>Are you rich or middle class?
middle

>What's the general populaces' thoughts on games?
They like it.
People don't blame violence on games but the moms here do think they cause violence.

>If a videogame would be made about iran which style would you like to see it persian or islam?
There is already too many Prince of Persia games, but I wouldn't mind to see another one.

>A country that doesn't put CTR on the pedestal is a shit country
blame it to our fucking speedrunning scene
they love CTR, they keep pushing it into the market.

>What happens if the regime finds out that you sell or play those games?
They will never find out I play them, they wouldn't waste time to raid gamers.
But if they do, I have to pay money for penalty.
Don't worry they won't kill people for vidya.

>who are the regime?
The old guy with a moustache.

>Why are you shitposting on an imageboard for chinese cartoons instead of bringing Iran back?
Because I like to play vidya.

>I should note that iranians are not very religious people, specially those in big cities, it's just our government that's like that.

Ain't that always the way. WTF is wrong with governments man? Just let us play vidya and watch animu.

Whats the point of /vp/ and Cred Forums just make the threads on Cred Forums since the mods dont care

Rock on, iranon.

Its the same god you fucking retard.

Every religion that isn't Shinto or some shit worships the Abrahamic god under multiple names.

As a 29 year old Iranian immigrant who now lives in Canada, 7 years ago I can tell you that most of that is a lie.

Sony games were too much to buy compared to nintendo but PC games were different and so more people play PC than nintendo or sony and why no mention of microsoft? you thnk people who own a pc dont know their xbox/

Can you link any indie games from Iranians?

Also what about using emulators for Nintendo games? Or is there just no actual interest in their games?

Heretic piece of shit get stoned

what is your view about videogames that legitimate the idea of USA as the good empire that keeps middle-eastern islamic countries under control, being of course just a bunch of terrorist/extremists/whatever bad guys?

Do you guys like the Elder Scrolls and if so what race in game do you think matches the culture of that of the Middle East/Iranians?

I am curious.

>Is Northern Iran that beautiful?
yeah, go to Mazandaran.

>In Brazil it's basically the same, except people adhere to the console that has easier piracy.
same here bro, they switched to PS1 because they couldn't pirate the N64.

>was it as good as it seems on the box?
Wait what is this? We had the regular ass PS1.

OH YESSSS!!! FUCKING ONE OF MY FAVORITE GAMES FROM CHILDHOOD!
I highly recommend. Pepsi Man was so great.

>How much does internet cost over there? Is it Australia-tier expensive?
No, but it's a bit slower than 1st world countries.
The faster internet is expensive.

>Are those bootleg games?
Yes, our PS1,PS2 and PC games are all bootleg.
We only have PS4 originals.

>Do your mom or any of your sister train as ninjas?
I wish

>I'm more interested on what you think about your barbaric, medievil religion having been founded by a murderer, rapist, and pedophile who was under the influence of satan.

There is a place called /pol
you will have a good time there.

>Why would go to store to pirate games when you can download them?
Because pirating it at the store is faster than pirating it with regular iranian internet download speed.

>Do you guys love Ace Combat / gran turismo?
We love the old Ace Combat games.
Classic Soundtrack too

We still love Gran Turismo, big following here.

>So is there a weeb game scene?
Yeah. One Punch Man has become very popular,
but most people are into Miyazaki mostly.
Eva is not that popular here.

>You guy have arcades?
Yes but they are old.

New arcade games are played at home or specific gaming clubs. Arcade Scene is rare but we do have the esports.

>SFIV/SFV or are they older?
No machines for them.
We play regular but with arcade stick.

>How's the internet there?
Regular, it works for online gaming.

>do games host servers in your country
rare, but we have mod versions

But we don't lag "a lot".

Most people play lan at a game center or internet cafe.

>all these Cred Forumstards sperging out
fuck off retards

Not your safe space

Not yours either, faggot.

>no u

Actually it is. It is isn't about vidja it doesn't belong on this board.

no u

>As a 29 year old Iranian immigrant who now lives in Canada, 7 years ago I can tell you that most of that is a lie.
>Sony games were too much to buy compared to nintendo

WHat?!

Hammeye Bazihaye Sony PS1 va PS2 too iran faghat 1000 toman ya 2000 toman bood.

>more people play PC than nintendo or sony

This is bullshit.
A PC was much more expensive than a Sony PS1 that had bootlegs sold for a very cheap price.

Man nemidoonam to che cherto perti dari minevisi.

I appreciate this snapshots into other cultures and gaming scenes across the world.

Thanks, OP.

How good are the localizations? Like is it acceptable or do a lot of things get lost in translation from the parent language to yours?

I used to go out with an Iranian girl. She had a massive ass. Your women have potential in the ass department. Fucking hot man. There is tons of Iranians in Scotland.

Had a friend who lived in Iran for awhile.

How do you get by not having alcohol be legal?

>Also what about using emulators for Nintendo games? Or is there just no actual interest in their games?

The truth is, as mentioned by the brazilian.

During the N64 we changed to sony because it was easy to bootleg and pirate PS1 games.

Wii and WiiU didn't do well even if we found out how to jailbreak it. It was already too late when the homebrews for the wii and wiiU came.

Yeah don't you guys have a high council and they say shit like no you cannot play this just go eat pakora jamal. But you don't listen and go play the banned game then eat your pakora afterwards. Pakora is the best.

>How good are the localizations?

We don't have any localizations on games.

People sometimes mod very popular games like GTA San Andreas, FIFA or PES and add persian language or even fan dub it.

sand nigger

This since when does Cred Forums gobble dick like this. Didn't know attention whoring was cool now.

>How do you get by not having alcohol be legal?
Not game related,
I'm an idiot so I don't know where they get it, but everybody has alcohol at their homes.

What's the name of the Iranian PC game in which you play as a Palastinian boy fighting Israeli oppression? I forgot the name.

There's the door now fuck off out of it.

Bahai is literally illegal in Iran. It's also literally an Islamic Republic.

I have a very pale skin, I'm from north.
But we do have black people south of iran.

By the way, racism is almost nonexistent in iran.
>but why us say DIE AMERICA
out government refers to the american government, not to it's people or the race.

O shit you fucking told him dude

>>Are you a muslim?
>I don't like to talk about religion
Probably because your sandnigger shithole of a country would put you to death for apostasy, huh?

You guys are sound. Meaning cool.

OP here

Shit, I should have not gotten triggered by the racism bait comments........

I will not reply to racist bait anymore.
But keep wasting your energy.

He didn't do anything to you. Why you getting all aggressive like?

>faghat

My favorite word

user, do you know this Iranian PC game? I've watchef footage of it once. It looked good.

>tfw user is a Street Shitter in India pretending to be white

I don't know, sorry.
I don't (and most people) don't play those political games. I have not heard of that actually, but there is plenty of that kind of stuff.

>He didn't do anything to you
The religion he chooses to believe in is evil, responsible for the death of millions of people and thousands of cultures. Just as I reserve the right to judge the character of communists and fascists for continuing to support morally bankrupt, oppressive ideologies I also reserve the right to judge someone for willingly choosing to worship an ideology with a theology entirely centered on murder, rape, and plagiarism.

If you choose to support evil then guess what? You are.

I live in Glasgow, Scotland and I am sick of Americans talking a lot of pish. You guys are as bad as the English.

my iranian buddy plays fighting games and shmups from the dreamcast saturn era

Would this be typical for most Iranians?

Yeah the world is as black and white as that. This one dude talking about video games is the root of all evil. You need your dome checked.

Did you not know the US helped install the Shah and his dumbshit led to the revolution that basically has the Iranian call "Death to America" all the damn time that it's now a joke?

>dreamcast

shit I forgot about that.
It was even more rare than Nintendo consoles in iran.

I just played it because of my cousin who brought it from europe.

Soul Calibur was the greatest.

Hold up, the country was doing better under a dictator ship?

While I don't disagree that Islam is cancer, this thread isn't really about that. We're learning about video games in Iran, man. Jumping down his throat about his maybe religion isn't going to change anything.

It was American-backed. And no it wasn't all sunshine and daisies. Why do you think the revolution happened in the first place? It's just the worst kind of people took control of the leadership positions so you have the current government of Iran in power.

Can girls play video games in Iran?

>Yeah the world is as black and white as that.
Yes. Islam is, point of fact, black or white. One of the more major reasons it's completely amoral.
>This one dude talking about video games is the root of all evil.
He's not doing anything to help stop it. Watch, he won't even say he isn't a Muslim.

If you choose to support evil, you are.

Post pictures of cute Iranian girls

The Shah was superior to both the Islamic Republic and the corrupt commie Mosaddegh.

>it was better when it was american backed

Oh makes sense.
Just like japan.

So I guess Christianity is the same? Because it's own doctrine was used to justify slavery and starting a holy war to purge non-believers and retake the holy land. Also Christianity steals from Judaism anyway and Judaism partially steals from Zoroastrianism so technically no religion is original.

What are you doing to stop 'evil' then? Oh yeah nothing. You are on an image board. Get a grip of yourself. Yer patters a lot of shite mate.

The Shah ran the country like a moron and lead to discontent that made the revolution as deeply rooted and supported as it was, even when they were at the worst disadvantage. That takes some incredible skill to be that hated.

>Is there truth to this image OP

The left one is true

I attached pic of what is true 2016 and should be in the right image.

>Can girls play video games in Iran?
Yeah. I see them play Counter Strike at the game cafe.

I've been kicking around the idea of game set around iranians that is NOT just shooting turbaned muslims. Unfortunatlely the only thing I can think of is based around sexually promiscuous persian jews.

Do you have any ideas or insight?

are there videos of CRT tournaments?

Spoken like a true child.
Voting for Trump so he can keep these savages from overrunning and ruining this side of the world like the vermin are doing in Europe.

not OP, The first pic is just of some rich snobs in Tehran who were lucky enough to go to university where they pretended to be communists in order to seem hip and modern.

How about choosing an era of Iranian history and then studying it. I wasn't working on a vidya game, but I've been working on a fantasy story with a very Islamo-Persian aesthetic & feel.

Trump isn't getting in. Americans aren't that stupid. The odds are stacked against him. The ones that are saying they will vote for him won't. They will shite it at the last second. He is a hate figure after all. Oh and you sound like a nazi.

>I've been kicking around the idea of game set around iranians

Make a game about iranian food

there is a lot of good stuff.

Also, there is lots of Prince of Persia games already.

So make a game where you go to north of iran and fight demons in the forrest or something.

>are there videos of CRT tournaments?
Probably not, it's held very underground and we don't put stuff on youtube so that the government doesn't come and search the place for whatever fucking reason.

>he fell for the most basic populist loudmouth clown
top kek

Are they allowed to use internet at home?

>Are they allowed to use internet at home?

Yes but it's filtered, many websites are blocked but everybody has VPN.

I think some regions in china have similar issues.

>The Shah ran the country like a moron and lead to discontent that made the revolution as deeply rooted and supported as it was
Not true. The economy of Iran was substantially better than it has been ever since the revolution, as were its military, and its diplomatic relationship with pretty much every country. Literally the average goat fucker's main beef with the Shah was that he wasn't hurka durka jihad enough.

This is all bullshit historical revisionism by lefties angry that mean old America and Britain wouldn't let Mosaddegh install a communist dictatorship so they have to act like the Shah was worse than what came before or after when it's objectively false.

What's your opinion on mossadegh?

You don't know jack shit about me or my country you savage and/or savage apologist. I would suggest you not comment on an election you know nothing about.

The Shi'i Iranian clergy overwhelmingly supported the Pahlavi dynasty at first because they didn't want a Republic cause they saw Republics as going against Muslim tradition. But the Pahlavis kinda stabbed the ulema in the back repeatedly and many of the Persian aristocracy became disconnected from Islamic religion to the point where many of the rich urbanites couldn't even tell you the basic doctrines or rituals and either just spent all their money on building salons and discos or becoming Marxists. So the ulema drew on the lower and middling classes.

Does Xbox ship products to Iran?

>Oh and you sound like a nazi.
Meanwhile Iranian people and politicians publicly, and consistently, advocate for the genocide of the Jews.

I should think the word nazi would be a compliment to you people being that you seem to idolize them.

>I would suggest you not comment on an election you know nothing about
that doesn't seem to stop you

Absolutely retarded. Plenty of Euro/Eastern Euro countries have unlimited symmetric fibre for $20-40. 90% of Australia is still on 10/1mbit or lower for $60-80/month and with any decent data allowance >$120. Sorry you're in denial about us getting reamed by Telstra

WORLD STAR

Can we get back to answering questions about Iranian gaming plox

>You get in trouble if the regime finds out you sell those games in your store,
>but they sell them anyway if you just go and ask if they have it they go and being it from their hidden area or something.
>regime member enters gaymen vidya store
>you got that banned good good?
>yes give me one second, mash'allah
>tortured and beaten as a result

Okay so it's okay to call Muslims vermin now? Your logic is fucked.

You mean keep their duly elected government from doing what they elected to do and instead installed a puppet government that shit all over the bullshit they espoused before. God fucking dammit you seem to forget WHY they had all that supposed "wealth" and where it was coming from because "Domino Effect" bullshit.

Yeah it's funny how once you get government and religion out of the picture, everyone is ready to bro the fuck down.

Really? Fuck that is messed up.

OP here

the thread has been raided by some /pol anons

so I write some more interesting stuff about gaming in iran.

The NES we had was called MIKRO, it was a bootleg NES.
-Very popular games in Iran

NES:
Mario Bros. obviously

Mario Bros was called: Gharch Khor, which means "Mushroom Eater"
CONTRA

SEGA Saturn:
Sonic? I was too young I don't remember much of that generation.

PS1:

RE 1,2,3
Pepsiman
Heart of Darkness
Skullmonkeys
(RPGs are not popular in iran)
Bugs Bunny Back in Time or something
All PES games on PS1
Metal Slug
Parasite Eve
Dino Crisis
A bunch of Japan only games like:
Fist of the North Star
Syphon Filter
Gran Turismo
CRASH 1,2,3
CTR

PS2:

God of War
GTA San Andres
RE4
(I don't remember the rest, bad memory)

PS3:
literally everything that was also popular in the west

PS4:
literally everything that is also popular in the west
Uncharted 4 sells a lot I think and PES.

Since they seem to be the ones infesting everyone else's countries on earth in order to solely take advantage of the hospitality and naivete of the natives I'd say it's a pretty accurate description.

>Mushroom eater

Holy fuck that's hilarious.

Why are people such assholes

>The economy of Iran was substantially better than it has been ever since the revolution, as were its military, and its diplomatic relationship with pretty much every country. Literally the average goat fucker's main beef with the Shah was that he wasn't hurka durka jihad enough.

You're only half-right. Iran was one of the most backwards countries in the world in the 60's and 70's with even much of Tehran living in shanty towns.

The Islamic Republic actually hardly changed ANY of the modernization plans of the late monarchy. Most of the processes of nationalization, militarization, urbanization and such are in fact left overs from the Shah's government. The only difference is the clergy are in charge and no longer in conflict with a government that attempts to seize their property or undermine their own influence. It's sort of like if you had a group of private companies complaining that the federal government in undermining their private property by trying to seize it and make it state property and so they revolt and they seize the government and make their property public property anyway, only now they are actually in control.

Overall, Iran has modernized significantly as far as science, education and technology goes since the 1970's precisely because they hardly changed a thing about the Shah's overall plan and since the Shah was gone, there was no more conflict between the clerical and royal institutions on the matters involving that plan

Question. What about mobile platforms?

>Mario Bros was called: Gharch Khor, which means "Mushroom Eater
was he still italian in that?

Who raised you? Are you from the south?

>God fucking dammit you seem to forget WHY they had all that supposed "wealth" and where it was coming from
It sure as shit wasn't coming from commie Mosaddegh and it sure hasn't come from their dune coon mullahs.

Yay they voted! Well as history has shown us quite clearly time after time after time; Muslims, and Iranians not least of which, are too fucking stupid and amoral to be allowed to vote.

>Mario Bros was called: Gharch Khor, which means "Mushroom Eater"
Holy shit, that's brilliant.

This is a very good thread. Thanks OP, I hope you have a good day.

why don't people just emulate Nintendo stuff there?

what's your internet speed?

>pol
Cred Forums here, we hate Muslims too. You're pretty much the worst people on earth.

>mobile plattforms

I didn't mention it because it is not any different from the west.
It is popular, app games are more popular among normies here.

Lots of Clash of Clans and whatever else.
I don't play mobile games but I see people play it.

hey man persians are usually pretty based, at least the ones I've met. Way above arabs, not to mention the women.

Which of the popular JRPG franchises dominate Iran?

FF? DQ? Persona? Tales?

>we
>too
Cred Forums is a Cred Forums sideboard

that's like saying "i'm not Cred Forums, i'm /jp/ but i like anime too"

What your gaming food? Does your mother make good ash?

But isn't it problematic that they see dicks and read about sex? It can't be filtered out perfectly.

>Most of the processes of nationalization, militarization, urbanization and such are in fact left overs from the Shah's government. The only difference is the clergy are in charge
And let's play the game where we think about whether this strategy would or would not have worked better without the entire world sanctioning the fuck out of the country.

Holy shit I never thought I would hear someone say this
He literally sold his country out to the Anglos, SAVAK'd anyone who disagreed with him (where do you think the islamic republic learned their shit from) and generally ruled incompetently.
The modern government is bad but the Shah was several times worse

What are some Iranian games? I've never seen any Iranian flags on Steam, how many people do you think play PC games there? Cool thread btw, thanks for sharing.

>and generally ruled incompetently.
And yet the country was still in far better shape than it is today.
>The modern government is bad but the Shah was several times worse
The numbers and evidence don't reflect that. Unless you count not being allowed to live in a stone age tier theocracy as worse which, pathetic as it is, most Muslims do.

Thats just a bootleg famicom

Pc emulation is rare here
they don't have a desire for it.
One of my friends plays Wii on dolphin.

right bow 20 MB download speed

FF but JRPG are not that popular here.
Most people don't play them because they don't get localized in our own language I think.

FFXII was a thing here,
and some people play FF14.

But FF7 and FF8 barely made it into the market here.

Never seen anybody sell Dragonquest.

I bet more people would play of we had it translated in farsi.

can we just nuke Tehran already

History has shown that all republics are more powerful and authoritarian than the monarchies which followed them. There is almost no exception to this rule other than areas that are just totally unstable.

The monarchy in Iran fucked up because it alienated larger and larger segments of the clergy who were previously the ones providing the religious justification for the monarchy. The whole reason the Iranian monarchy existed as long as it did was because the clergy wanted it. As soon as the monarchy alienated these groups, they revolted and because the Shah's support of a secular Iranian nationalism didn't have much support among the masses and even some of the fairly liberal university students had some committment to their Muslim heritage, as soon as the clergy was alienated, the monarchy had absolutely no more justification for itself. Even many of the Iranian nationalists and liberal university students at that time were converting back to their Islamic religion because they felt it gave them a unique identity apart from the capitalist or Christian west and the godless communist East. The Shah might have been able to stay in power had he known when and how to build a better relationship with the same clergy who helped his father seize power from the Qajar dynasty.

The sanctions have mostly been the USA aggressively forcing other countries to not trade with them or to only buy oil from the Saudis, despite the fact that many of these countries have no beef with Iran that they wouldn't want to trade with them. Japan has been trying to get Iranian oil for a long time, but Big Daddy USA says no.

What about 3ds? Vita?

Dude, no one gives a shit what you're sick of

Deal with it

>they don't have a desire for it

Are you sure it's not just a lack of know-how or because of a lack of translation patches?

I'm not so well informed but the indie developers in iran don't get much support from the government unless they make a game about iranian persian lehendary mythical history/legends/politics.

I'm just a gamer, not a game developer so I'm sure some dude is mich more informed about the underground game development scene in iran.

The good iranian game developers mostly work for the big companies like Ubisoft, EA or whatever as freelancers. They travel out to work with them I think.

OP, I dunno if you already talked about this, but how expensive is it to buy games?

You're a cool guy, OP.

Keep on bein' you.

Yes you are right, those come first.
That's basically why there is no desire for it, they haven't been exposed to it so well.

It would be neat if a bunch of Iranians made Japanese style RPG's with government money

Honestly, if they did. Importing Nintendo consoles might become bigger just because the Wii & Wii U make good homebrew machines

Sorry good question. Didn't mention handheld at all.

3DS is doing much better than Vita and PSP,

DS did best I think.

but Handhelds are not as popular as console gaming in iran.

People play mobile apps.

The psp was alright, vita is not relevant.

It sounds like the government is more concerned about sex in game than either violence or religious themes.

>The psp was alright, vita is not relevant.
PSP was only really relevant in the West for emulation. It lives on as a Visual Novel machine in Japan, though.

are there any games, preferably made by iranians about Iran and Saudi arabia going at it? Or iran and iraq?

>The sanctions have mostly been the USA
Irrelevant. The sactions are a direct result of the hurka durka revolution. If you concede the economic policy as the same as the Shah's you must also concede they'd be in a much better situation right now had there never been the Islamic chimpout and therefore no sanctions.

Everything before current gen was very cheap because of bootleg CDs.

PS4 is slightly cheaper, but not that cheap compared to the west.
No bootlegs for current gen.
It's kinda expensive these days but middle class still afford a PS4 here.

Does the IRGC smuggle games like they smuggle everything else?

This shit sounds insane, would love to test my CTR skills.

Nice blog post

Thanks for the interesting cultural exchange OP. Sorry about the low test pol betas who can't even point to Iran on a map throwing tendies around harder than tumblrs about an Iranian in their safe space.

argentina here

the only people I know that like nintendo are weebs

Yeah, apologize. I'm sure it make him less likely to want you dead and your nation subjugated to his bronze age death cult.

People that have a WiiU or Wii all have s homebrew installed. The store does it for all consoles.

Nintendo just isn't popular here, the roots go back to the PS1 generation.

There is no real marketing for games,
neither Sony nor Nintendo.

So you have to imagine,
the marketing comes from your friends or relatives that own a console.

And most of them have been owning sony consoles since the last 20 years.

Nobody came to market buying the Wii or anything.

It happens kind of without anybody in charge, it just developed like that.

It's not that people would not enjoy Nintendo, but the circumstances made the popularity own a Sony console.

They imported the PS1 back then because they could bootleg the games,

the game companies did not support an official import of their consoles so they had no choice but to import it on their own,

if at that time they were able to easily bootleg N64 it would be more popular now.

Some dude at the store once told me most PS1 and PS2 bootleg cds came from malaysia to iran.

That sounds heaps cool.

Do you have a speedrunner scene and do you think there would be interest in the nx? Also what about xbone?

>you must also concede

I don't actually. One of the reasons the USA wanted Mossadegh out was because he was going to go through with much of the nationalization that the Shah was slow to do which both Mossadegh and later the Islamic Republic had no intention of sacrificing to make the USA happy. The Shah didn't have any guts, if he did, Iran would still be in much of the same situation that the Republic is today because the only way to stay in power was to appease the clergy and the only way to do that would be to piss off the USA by nationalizing the oil industry, kicking out American companies and telling Israel to go to hell.

actually I want the american government and my iranian government to be friends so that we get official game localizations.

all these sanctions make us play video games like it's some underground shit.

>the only way for the Shah to better the economy was to let the goat fucking saves or communist con men fuck it up irredeemably
Thanks for proving my point.

Here in Chile they're just socially accepted nerds

Man you really take gaming as a hobby

How many people who are as passionate about vidya are in Iran? How big is the scene? Thousands, Hundreds or more?

Don't be surprised, Cred Forums is full of stupid kids

What are some good Iranian games?

>20mb
that ain't slow, boy

generally I notice people who like nintendo like cute shit in general so they always end up liking anime and other stuff. specially childhood stuff.

basically everybody "casually" games.

But I would say our hardcore gaming community is slightly smaller than your average western scene, but iran is pretty big and there are lots of young people.

I don't want to say any numbers because we didn't calculate any of it here

Is Persona/SMT haram?

my government hasn't done research on those, I make sure to tell them to take a look and confirm.

But I don't think they will bann Persona or Shin Megami Tensei in Iran,

even if at some point a character would starts saying shit about muslims or iranian government or have nude sex,
the government inspector won't make it that far in the game to find those, they don't have time to finish through the whole game I would guess unless some ass tell them that after Chapter whatever you get a scene about how islam is shit.
The games are too long.

tldr: No, not in iran.

>what about xbone

Some are lying there in the store shelves
haven't seen anyone pick it up yet

I'm sure someone did

OP are you still there?
Who are these guys who write who write [KURD] on their clantag in Call of Duty and speak gibberish?

The xbox is mostly popular in America.

Have you every met an Armenian girl who plays games?

>What are Kurds?
Are you American?

The shah used to brag that the miniskirts in Tehran were shorter than in Paris.

But don't let the images fool you. The Shah was every but as horrible as the current Iranian government. Just in different ways.

>99% of gamers here play PS4 or PC
No wonder you guys are so eager to shit up Yurope and blow yourselves up.

The punishment for being an apostate in Islam is death. He cant openly condemn and denounce it.
OP's escape is video games like many of us. Why shit up the thread?

OP here

I will head out after this post

random last trivia:

There was a period where some gamers here went to the hair salon to ask for a Leon S Kennedy haircut.

Ah yeah, Leon is pretty popular dude here

Here in the scene, people call Evil Within resident evil 5
(iranians gamers are very critical about the RE franchise).

In the RE fan gaming scene here
Nemesis from RE3 is a meme character. Players make fun of his AI during their speedruns even if it costs them extra time, it's a bonus.

The dude in the refridgator in Re2 is a fan favorite. (pic related)

There is a guy here who memorized every savecode for every level in Skullmonkeys and Crash Bandicoot 1.

That's all

how the fuck do you game in iran? plug it into a rock?

Do you guys pirate a lot?

Try reading the thread morons.

no thanks. im not that interested in how a sand nigger games

>Mikro
Was it somekind of Dendy clone rebranded?

You should get a Rasberry Pie(30 dollar system on chip)and install retropie on it.
Cheapest and easiest way to emulate older systems.

20mbit is stone age tier in Northern Europe.
You can get that on an DSL line.

Do you have a download link for this game?

youtube.com/watch?v=p1ni_OS8kQI

I have 10 mbs and I've never felt my internet was slow

Only things I can't do is was 1080p stuff without letting it load for... one minute. Hell when i fap i open like a billion tabs at the same time and they all load fast as hell, even on shitty poorly optimized sites like tumblr.

do you have to use a vpn to access Cred Forums?

also please use a tripcode when you do this kind of thread on a board with no IDs so we know which responses are you.

it's obvious when you do one with a bunch of replies in one post, but short replies to a single post it is hard to tell

also allows people to use search function to find all your posts

He was talking shit about how that user confused Iranians for Arabs and that they were originally Muslim.

is it true that you can buy games there really, really cheap? or did my iranian friend lie?

>Does Iran even produce any games?
off course not, it's still an islamic country.
all they do is leeching off of western creations whilst wishing death upon western people.

American lies!

There is a indie dev scene.

isnt your internet like really slow? i even read that teheran is planing for an intranet

I had a bootleg Famicom as a kid. Had like 100 preloaded games, and if you hit the power switch in a certain way, it would load up another 100 games