Nintendo NX is a cellphone/handheld console

Not actually called the NX (the project name is shorthand for Nexus, I assume it's a joke).

The screen's the size of a regular smartphone screen with good resolution. It's a decently powerful device. The buttons and joysticks protrude from the sides, like on the Wii U controllerablet. The device can be held in any direction - the screens auto-rotates. Auto rotation allows you the ability to hold it upside down to your tastes (joystick on top or bottom etc), even vertically, though it's not recommended and only benefits its use as a phone (or a shit Gameboy). Possibly no D-pad.

It's also going to have its own VR games, utilizing something akin to Google Cardboard (but obviously plastic), though I'm not sure what titles will be made. It's going to run classic Nintendo games, from NES to Gamecube. No DS. Yes GBA/Gameboy. No Virtualshitboy.

This is not a Wii U killer, and with exception to the VR feature, this is not a home console. The intention is to create a smartphone that can do games well. Nintendo's foray into mobile gaming wasn't a happy accident. Expect more in the future.

Thanks for reading...
And no, I don't expect you to believe me.

>Nintendo call it a home console
>"it's a handheld guys trust me"

this rumor has been around since the NX was announced. Nintendo realize they cant compete with Sony in the console market but if this flops, Nintendo will go the way of Sega.

Kill yourself

>this rumor has been around since the NX was announced
Which is pretty incredible when Iwata announced it to specifically contrast with the announcement of their mobile partnership, and said it was their next dedicated game console.

Sage this shit thread.

That's a big Stylus

I need a stylus like that
where can I find one?

gamestop

>not a WiiU killer
the WiiU is a rotten corpse dont need nothing to kill it

No they didn't.

It wasn't announced "in contrast", friend.

>good resolution
Fake
>It's a decently powerful device
Fake

>auto-rotate
Fake

>No D-pad
Possibly, they'd fuck up majorly like that.

>VR games
Fake, they don't know a single fucking thing about VR. For fucks sake PS's boss said that the mobile phone would take over handhelds in fucking 2000, Nintendo didn't get the memo until 2012.

But The Pokemon Company said it's both a handheld and a home console.

watch the opening to Nintendo Direct E3 2015

They said Nintendo is trying to change the concept of what it means to be a home or handheld device, not that NX is both.

It has VR capabilities. Like I said, if it's remotely a "home console", that would be why.

VR capabilities my ass you fucking liar. They said that they will work with VR when it starts to be mainstream.

Little tip, next time you do this, get up from your machine and simply punch yourself in the face as hard as you possibly can. Nice one, cheers.

That control looks like a DEAL DOUGH

Hey my sister has that 3ds.

LE EBIN LEAKER MAYMAY XD

>tfw my stylus is not big enough for her screen

That part confuses me. I suppose if you have gyros in the thing, it's just a natural progression. I think it'll remain rudimentary. Think in terms of the augmented reality stuff the 3DS shoehorned in. Don't know what's in store there DESU.

>>nintendo making a phone
if this is real, I'm giving up on video games
this shit literally ruins every good childhood memory I have