Who will be the better open world action RPG of 2017?

Who will be the better open world action RPG of 2017?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jDlQ4H0Kdg8
youtube.com/watch?v=yUR2tQUUY9I
youtu.be/u_fyOkrteqM
youtube.com/watch?v=rKvSw6rk75w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

how much gameplay of H:ZD have we even seen?

Obviously, Zelda

Both will probably be at the skyrim level of open world.

The not nintendo one will probably have more content and just better in most ways but the nintendo one will probably be more enjoyed and popular
Those assholes basically just sell digital cocaine.

Open world games are all the same. The only difference is how much there is not to do inside the game.

neither, both are pretty much numale bait and open worlds are a meme cancer

Judging from the demo Horizon seems to suffer from the God of War 4 syndrome of the game telling you exactly where to go and what to do, more of a movie than a game. For this reason alone I'm more excited for Zelda but I don't really care about either tbqhwy.

this, Zero dawn's footage so far has looked incredibly scripted, even if the visuals are miles ahead of Breath of the Anus

>Herizon shows character crouching
UBISOFT AC CLONE ITS GOING TO BE GARBAGE
>New BotW trailer shows link crouching which he has never done in any Zelda game before
GOTY

Breath of The Wild, by far.
That game redefined open world games as we know it.

you can say that about every game

>Muh Bishonen, gender neutral Link
>Muh cultural appropriation dreaded out white girl
yeah, I'll pass

delusional

>cultural appropriation

>UBISOFT AC CLONE

You'd think a game based around killing giant robot dinosaurs would be impossible to fuck up, but Guerrilla Games actually found a way to make it seem boring.

the one without the stamina meter...

youtu.be/jDlQ4H0Kdg8

wow something at e3 scripted wow

what the fuck are you even on about

games are all the same, just pointless button mashing while sitting on your ass

*tips fedora*

okay friend what have we seen that was NOT scripted, so we can judge the gameplay?

the whole zelda demo was systems driven, they showed off their physics engine, fire propagation, wind, ai, cooking, etc etc

horizon zero dawn is from the makers of killzone aka the worst offending prerendered "gameplay" trailer of all time

Not surprising to be honest. They fucked up Killzone too.

neither are rpgs. but zelda. it has verticality

>he thinks the strawman of E3 is a catch all defense

IF ONE IS SCRIPTED AND THE OTHER IS NOT SCRIPTED, ONE OBVIOUSLY HAS A LOT MORE CREDIBILITY. YOU CAN'T JUST SAY "LOL E3 WOW!" YOU FUCKING IDIOT

>youtube.com/watch?v=generic3rdpersonshootergameplay

Stop insulting Zelda with this generitc Sony brony cinematic, wannabe realistic shit game.

Zelda has DUNGEONS; LEVEL DESIGN, PUZLES, VERTICALITY, FUN.

GAMEPLAY, VARIETY, INNOVATION.

Not to mention colors and humor, also Zelda soundtrack.

Everything Sony and shitty Sony games do is ruining video games.

this video does not exist

fuck off retard

Wish just all people that paid money for Sony shit would just get super cancer and die.

Personally, I'm not at all interested in Horizon.

Doesn't mean I won't give it a shot one day, but I'm getting Zelda day one.

idiots like you sound fucking stupid im getting zelda and this game you can fuck off

The one that isn't another slowass third person shooter

There's a new gameplay video with a boss fight

>Games are all the same, they're just different
kek

where?

zero dawn will be a serious GOTY contender.
zelda will be a shoe-in for 'nintendo GOTY'.
zero dawn will spawn a successful franchise.
zelda will continue to be a successful franchise.
zelda will be burdened by consumer confusion and distaste over the NX/WiiU split, with the WiiU version being severely inferior, to the point people are saying it shouldn't have even been released.
zero dawn will be burdened by distaste over the PS4/PS4 Pro split, with the PS4 version being notably inferior.
zelda will be remastered continually for as long as nintendo exists, and may eventually come to PC. it will continue to be available for a very long
zero down may come to PC by or at the end of the current console generation, or may not. it may not be available past the end of the current generation.

zero dawn will probably be the better game.

Oh I'm sure it'll be Zelda.

I still expect I'll enjoy HZD, though.

>one game is an actual open world sandbox driven by unscripted engines with tons of content, dungeons, monster variety, a storyline, etc

>the other game just tries to LOOK like its an open world endless sandbox with 18 quintillion things to do

Horizon has no gameplay, it's just another game plagued with convenient ledges to climb, collecting thing to upgrade weapons and walking. It's basically just another Tomb Raider.

I wish I could find that gif of a comparison of lara croft climbing with a dot moving on a screen.

How to spot underage faggots: the posts.

>Horizon has no gameplay

Someone give me the just of the video.

Jist

dude with dreads comes walking buy she gets mad at him for cultural appropriation

Watching 10 minutes of Horizon Zero Dawn feels more repetitive than seeing 8 hours of Breath of the Wild gameplay.

That's a really horrible thing to say. Seek enlightenment and repentance brother.

They will both be absolute shit and not worth playing. BotW has 8 months til release and not a single screenshot of a dungeon has been shown. It's packed with red flags and there is no fucking way it'll be anything other than trash. Horizon is made by a shit dev team and will probably be a typical shitty AAA game.

Cred Forums has been really fucking gullible lately.

well it does

In 10 minutes of HZD you see someone crouched down sneak up on some robots in the wild and shoot them with an arrow and then run up and scavenge parts. over. and over. and over again

in BotW we saw horse riding, cooking, multiple shrines with their minidungeons, exploring mountains, climbing up the sides of an old temple, crossing a river with physics puzzles, hanggliding, shield surfing, sneaking past the laser of doom, etc

This is the first time I've been even somewhat impressed by this games visuals. However, it's not just all killing dinosaurs, it's how and why I'm doing it and in what what does the game present it's challenges. For this game to get me to buy it it would need to be structured in a way that keeps me wanting to keep playing.

Also, I don't really understand why people are all comparing this game to breath of the wild. BOTW honestly seems like it's leagues above this game, and goes to prove that graphics

as much as Cred Forums puffed themselves up about being right about no mans sky, it sure seems that people will go to bat for nintendo for doing the same exact shit

He is wearing dreads, its a 2 sided argument on cultural appropriation but people are allowed to do whatever they want with their hair.

you're retarded

Neither? I mean, both are "just" action games, not RPGs.

Serious question

Isnt Zelda for kids?

I have not seen a single clip of H:ZD that has me remotely interested. Once you get beyond the "lol robot dinosaurs" aspect, it seems like it will be a shit game.

Zelda isnt an rpg faggot

It's for everyone to enjoy.

Wheres this char from?

ok

>it's a Cred Forums pits two random games against each other episode

call me a numale cuck sjw but I'm into Horizon simply because of the female protag. Also, was anybody else disappointed in no gender select/character creator for the new Zelda? Could have been kind of neat and different

black woman gets triggered because she thinks blacks own dreads (even though it's been around since the greeks or some shit) and then pretty much gleefully bullies him by blocking his path and bullying him.

I wish he charged for assault, because she completely pulled the victim/race card and doesn't feel even a little bit remorseful

I'm with you but
>one of the most, if not the most important
eh, that's a bit of a stretch

Zelda is for all ages.

>a generic open world survival shit against a game that belongs to one of the most, if not the most important and critically acclaimed franchises of the videogame industry that has been in development for years and it's gonna be very probably one of the best game ever made.

I wonder...

>numale cuck sjw

all those buzwords

Breath actually has content. And nintendo has a track record, unlike the NMS devs.

sup mod?

Ikkitousen I think

Explain yourself, fagboy.

I don't think the situation is remotely the same here, NMS always had skeptical folk as it was made by a no-name indie dev team with unusually big marketing backing them up. Most of its promises lay on numbers rather than what was shown off in gameplay/trailers - and even then, it started to look repetitive despite how little there was of those pre-release.

>he doesn't know about weekly meme quotas

Crackdown 3

>nintendo has a track record
are you sure you want to go down that path, my friend?
this can only hurt your argument

Zeldo

Just post anime sluts and shut up you baiting faggot

This, Horizon seems to push the player to do what the game wants him to do way more than Zelda

Truth

I cant quite put my finger on it, but something tells me Horizon is gonna be pretty meh.

I kinda liked WW though.

is the implication that any of those are bad games?

Horizon has no gender select either you moron

Not sure what you're implying. Nintendo releases games. And those screenshots are not from previews or anything. The worst they've done for pre-release is occasional bullshots.

t. numale cuck

but Horizon is a new ip, I was just hoping they'd change up the Zelda format a little

>Breath actually has content.
No, it doesn't. The "content" looks like POI shit.
>And nintendo has a track record
A track record of being increasingly shitty for the past decade.

>that top image

this probably

Fuck that underwater forest challenge.

I quit playing right there. Permanently.

Here is your reply you wanted. Now you can leave happily, Cred Forumsedditor.

/thread

How did they fuck up game thats not even out?

Zelda has the detriment of being on the Wii U.

Zero Dawn is a new IP and something original.

Zelda's been here for like 20 years. The tech demo was a complete lie too. The artstyle just looks like HD wind Waker with Skyward Sword models. It's pretty meh.

I'm going with Dawn.

Neither of them. Nier Automata's gonna take the cake.

>Guerilla games
>Making something with content
>Making something that's good

Pick none.

nice argument, really made me think.

Are you saying they didn't change it up from the corridors we had since WW
Are you that desperate for replies

wind waker promised a massive open world full of tons of exploration

...and then it was completely fucking empty, half the islands were copy/pasted, 2/3 of the game was just filler content like fetch quests, endless waves of monsters and recycled dungeon content

Now Nintendo is promising that BotW will be a massive open world with tons of exploration and a gigantic overworld and...

Did you watch the Zelda E3 presentation at all?

The truth hurts, cunt. BotW will be a bad game. No matter how much you try and delude yourself, it's going to be shit. Nintendo just makes focus tested garbage for 10 year olds now.

not him, but not everything you disagree with is bait you stupid fucking child.

>wind waker promised a massive open world full of tons of exploration
It didn't promise you shit.

Serious question

How can Zelda compete on visuals?

This webm looks very impressive and awe inspiring until you realize
that all the terrain you can see in the full viewing frustrum is entirely featureless and devoid of any content or detail, and there is nothing to do, its just a massive empty world like no man's sky 2.0

I donno, I hope BotW is good because it will give me an excuse to buy a used WiiU.

HZD just doesn't really seem to interest me much which sucks because I own a PS4 and their exclusives continue to underwhelm me. Bloodborne and Uncharted 4 being the only exclusives I've enjoyed on it really make me feel like I wasted my money.

I'm sure something will pop into nintendo's head

part of that is just the shitty draw distance

there is shit down there, it just doesn't get drawn

like there's a weird enemy near that rope bridge

What do you see in this video then?

>demo with hours of differing content
>lie
Why does nintendo get people so butthurt they can't think straight?

Do you have a single fact to back that up? Hell, technically it was open, just limited to rail roading in the first part. Not too different from say, San Andreas.
>locked to one area
>indoor locations require loading screens

>plebbit reply
>has to reply again because he's salty
You just got sat down, son.

the draw distance of the game isn't very good, you can see an enemy pop in late in the webm as proof of this. Nonetheless, you could be correct - but this is still 1 region of at least 10, and NPCs/villages have been omitted in the E3 demo.

Fixed that image for you, OP

I'd rather the game be about that robot dog than the fucking waifu.

Those visuals won't look impressive in a few years. Zelda will always look nice. Just compare SM64 to Goldeneye or the original Call of Duty.

Generic art design aside, why are Nintendo games this gen so blurry?

it looks pretty artificial when Link is falling, the game is fucking beautiful anyway desu.

>having to cover half the area in fog
lmao

Wii u, what did you expect?

>Do you have a single fact to back that up? Hell, technically it was open, just limited to rail roading in the first part. Not too different from say, San Andreas.

just because open exploration is allowed on a massive overworld doesn't mean theres anything to do. It can just be a massive empty world
didn't you learn anything from twilight princess

>all these anti-nintendo fags coming into a zelda thread
>when they could have done all their shitposting in fire emblem, TMS, and xenoblade X (near release) threads instead and they would have been right, AND gotten guaranteed replies from drones
PRIORITIES, PEOPLE.

???

it can't.

im not anti-nintendo im getting both

the official direct stream has horrible quality, try checking uploads from captured footage people have taken themselves, and filmed footage of the game.

TMS is the best RPG of the year. ANyone who disagrees didn't play it because they are edgelords that think Nocturne isn't the worst SMT.

>still no sauce on the statement
>gives me something completely unrelated

>8 hours of footage
Hola shill.

I was talking about this.

youtu.be/u_fyOkrteqM

I hope you get paid for this.

No new games on PS4 this month.

Other than No Man's Sky.

How can Nintendo even compete? Look at these amazing graphics. This will always be visually amazing, just like all games with realism as their "art style".

user that's a tech demo not a videogame.

no mans sky is for pc two

>The tech demo was a complete lie too.
It's a tech demo, you idiot, it was never going to be a full game. You must be too young to remember the Dolphin's version of Zelda.

A game that isn't filtered to shit. I mean, holy shit, what happened to this company? N64 games looked better than that. This is inexcusable.

1) That wasn't me who mentioned 8 hours of footage

2)
>Believing tech demos are in any way like actual games
>when it was years since that one happened
>when nintendo has made a totally different demo and full game before on gamecube

You guys... I think nintendo mind broke this guy.

wrong

Zero Dawn looks pretty good but my only problem is Guerrilla is a shit company and they have always made great demos/ hype before a games release.
Killzone 1/Shellshock were huge surprises at E3 2003/4. There was a reason people thought Killzone would be something spectacular.
Killzone 2 was amazing even after the shitshow with the graphics, then the full game was shit.
Same with Shadow Zone or whatever the fuck the PS4 game was called.

I just can't trust Guerrilla for pre release hype anymore. But if its good I'll buy it and play it.

Zelda on the other hand looks good and will probably be pretty good. It still doesnt warrant the fact they are abandoning the Wii U so fast and not releasing shit for so long. But then again Sonys been getting away for it for awhile.

Hence why I said it was a tech demo in my original post you illiterate shill.

>butthurt over someone's prefrences when they have both wiiu and ps4
>Cred Forumso/b/o image
Hi, outsider!

i dont think you have ever played Killzone

I was expecting Nintendo to not be fucking retarded but I was expecting too much wasn't I?

Nice shilling tho.

>people like nintendo more, but Sony is better! It's not fair!

Like clockwork

tech demos rarely become full videogames, user. They're intended to show off the hardware's rendering capabilities and little more.

the hell are you even talking about

The whole robot dinosaur thing in Horizon I think is pretty dope but BotW just looks more fun judgin by the TECHNOLOGY webms.

It is going to be BoTW OP, it is nice to see Zelda going back to its roots while still adding never before seen mechanics to the franchise.

That shit on the bottom of the image is another run-of-the-mill open world western game that is coincidentally trying to push a feminist agenda.

>thinking tech demos are anywhere close to games
Tags for your life
>male:
>mindbreak
>anal
>rape

>zelda
>never before seen mechanics

>western
>feminist agenda

wow you are going all out

I was expecting some effort from them but BtoW just looks like generic pretty color land Wind Waker/Skyward Sword rehash.

Uh, yeah, he just said that.

Saved

>either of those games
>"""rpgs"""
Reminder that Zelda was almost never an RPG before except for Zelda 2, which actually ostensibly had RPG elements. Reminder that all the normies and fake nerds bitching about how Zelda needing to be more like Skyrim were full of shit. Reminder that as long as they don't go full RPG, this is probably the best direction Zelda has gone in since first going 3D.

because what you're showing there is a bullshot my fellow sonygger.

>to the franchise

>realism
>Dude running around in a green power armour suit on a ring planet
>white people still being the majority in 2552

Nintendo fans please

not him, but I haven't seen climbing on any surface (such as mountains, trees, big guys) in any other 3D open world game.

the one were the main character is not talking every 5 seconds

>TECHNOLOGY
Name one thing that hasn't already been done before. Why are nintoddlers so sheltered?

I'm not a graphicsfag but ok

wait a sec that's not in-game

>trolls being lead on and getting blown out by simple mockery

>climbing
Even fucking Daggerfall had that. Try to keep up.

Stop being illiterate.

I've played all 4 console ones and Liberation and they were all let downs. None were anything above mediocre. The multiplayer in 2 was okay but that was about it.

In 2004 though the sprint button on consoles was the one nice thing I liked about OG Killzone, the melee kills were awful then and they are awful now. ALso nice reload animations.
Other than that it sucked.

>he has never done in any Zelda game before

>never done in any Zelda game before

>never done in any Zelda game

>never done in any Zelda

>never done before

never done before in any Zelda

>on ANY surface

Horizon is literally generic concept art the game. Noting generic about BotW's art direction. I don't think you know what generic means.

all games are for kids user

dont be silly

Reminder this actually happened.

It's not the graphics, the art-style is boring and unremarkable.

sony fanboys STOP, my lungs are killing me

I kinda like it, though it the washed-out stream ruined its look

>go slow
>lots of pop in

>go fast
>almost no pop in

this makes no sense

Shield surfing at any time.

this literally has nothing to do with the topic at hand, you're just trying to start a flame war.

the fog probably reduced how much was being rendered, therefore less pop-in. That's my guess anyway; doesn't bother me either way honestly.

It's not filtered, check live footage

Parryable lasers

Yes user, in Daggerfall you could climb on ANY surface. Not sure why that's a positive, though. Being able to climb on anything is pretty fucking stupid and lazy.

>get blown out by one
>get reassured by another that you indeed correctly repeated what they said
>bring up unrelated image
Cred Forumsros... is this what they call projecting?

youtube.com/watch?v=rKvSw6rk75w

have a look faggot

???
How is it stupid/lazy

And link can't climb slippery surfaces

honestly zelda

lewd food

neat, I haven't played tes daggerfall so I don't know much about it admittedly.

it seemed to only be the walls inside a shrine that link couldn't climb, which makes sense as otherwise you'd be able to cheat the dungeon.

You mean sliding? Are you telling me sliding is new to you?

im getting both games all of you look so fucking stupid

You honestly think any of the Killzones were decent shooters?

Do we know what the point of collecting and making food is yet? Do we have a hunger meter? Or are they just more annoying potions?

>strawmanning
Sasuga user

It's skateboarding on your shield

food is the only way to recover health
there are no hearths in anymore it seens

keep trying

They control body temperature and give temporary health boosts

It's to recover health and for extra effects.

Completely optional, you can just eat apples if you want.

>not console warring
bro, why are you even here

>It's skateboarding on your shield
No, it's sliding. But I guess every skateboarding game ever, then.

to laugh at you

Anyone have that picture comparing the sizes resolution of 4k Horizon with Zelda?

Yeah, but it's never seen in an open world game before.

Guess that counts

>don't care for legend of cuck or what ever that literal who game is
>mfw just hoping FFXV doesn't turn out shit

I see literally nothing that hasn't been done before, you stupid cunt.

>that all the terrain you can see in the full viewing frustrum is entirely featureless and devoid of any content or detail, and there is nothing to do, its just a massive empty world like no man's sky 2.0

Which won't matter because it will have areas of varying density, with some parts having fuckall and others begin densely packed areas of interests, just like every other 3D Zelda.

Zelda. Nintendo's development team for the Zelda titles has a track record several hundred times better than the guys who brought you Killzone for one thing. The fact Horizon looks like another AAA game everybody will forget about in 2 weeks for another.

man i realy wanna play this game
is more like dragons crown or muramasa?

>will forget about in 2 weeks

way do you idiots keep saying this it never happens

The game probably still needs to be optimized, and on release it will most likely have an option to install game data to the HD like most modern games and Xenoblade X

where are the areas full of detail in twilight princess
that entire game was one big empty

Because most AAA games these days are shallow controlled experiences that have little replay value and are therefor only really enjoyed for that amount of time.

name 3

Oh so you're retarded. Sorry to hear that.

Muramasa. It's really it's own thing, though.

Uncharted 2
Uncharted 3
Uncharted 4

>Boy Band Fagtasy
>not shit

Nice one

zelda will probably be bad, but it will still be better than that other shit at the very least

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

still talked about everyday

You mean parrying projectiles? A fuck ton of games have that.

Oh yes, sure.

you know nothing of what you're talking about

i have a feeling that BOTW will be a huge empty physics engine demo with not a lot of gameplay to offer but people will fucking rant about it forever like it's the best thing in the universe

>Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
We have tomb raider thread constantly. Wrong.

>Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Dunno.

>Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
maybe on this echo chamber, it's universally beloved and discussed constantly among fans. Wrong.

I think the main draw isn't that the features are new, but is that they are never seen together in an open world Zelda game

>people

It's just Nintendo shills user, no one really cares about it or the dead console it's on.

>not a lot
Dungeons son. Dungeons and shrines

It's like you never played zelda

well since neither are rpgs...

I did they are all boring

>a generic open world survival shit
sums up zelda games well

Nomura pls

t. guy who has never played Zelda.

it's just like OOT except now you need to time it instead of just holding your shield up.

The shrine footage they showed looked hilariously bad and seeing as they haven't shown so much as a screenshot of dungeons, they are probably just big shrines.

>hilariously bad
Really?

And no, you have no proof to the otherwise, they themselves made a clear distinction between shrines and dungeons

wow you are one crazy shill

>endless Zelda sequels
>new and fresh IP with original ideas

You tell me OP.

Oh yeah I remember all the dungeons and puzzles in generic open world survival games, not to mention a lack of survival elements.

Its a tough job

>TP

That's the exception and why it's the shittiest mainline game in the series.

Considering all the Killzone games are complete trash I am going to assume that Horizon will also be trash. The devs do not have a good record.

Zelda will probably be decent but not amazing

>Really?
Yes really.
>you have no proof to the otherwise
Common sense. Dungeons are the bread and butter of Zelda. It would be stupid not to show it off if it was good.

>gets this much shit
>literally everything he said is a fact that can't be dismissed

>when your games are so shit graphics are literally all that matters to you and you also swallow generic shit art design

This combat looks worse than Witcher's

So you have no clue about gameplay. Noted.

>broad daylight
>enemies aren't even attacking
>one just runs 5 feet in the wrong direction and faces the wrong direction
Great game you got there.

the one without a dialogue wheel

they're the weakest enemies in the game, they were trying to run away from link after the first bomb.

The real question is can they even compete with The Witcher 3, the new gold standard for these type of games?

That looks like a shittier version of a random hut in Morrowind.

They're getting their weapons.

Retard.

>run away
>move 5 feet and come to a dead stop
Haha, okay man, whatever you say.

NO TV STAY IN YOUR OWN SHITHOLE

Not with that gameplay it is.

every single Killzome game is critically acclaimed.

nice try shill.

I hope not.

Its actually impressive to see how much they've added to the combat and how stuff like the updraft can be used in it.

>grab weapon
>stand there and do nothing

>Gameplay: the game VS Scripted epic scenes and QTE in general
you tell me

Serious question

Why is every fucking Witcher battle webm I see consists of Gerald spinning and shit? It doesnt even look like it has much weight or impact behind it, just him spinning.

What I always wonderes was do people that praise Morrowind even know what it looked like? Have they played it with eyes closed?

The entire world is a generic turd. Literally a brown, crisp, freshly shitten turd.

That's what he does when your press the """"attack button""""

In the books, Geralts fighting style is described like dancing. So the devs made him do a bunch of spinning attacks, it does look dumb.

I love all the killzone games they were great shooters.

They are doing something, they are just slow and dumb. They are literally the weakest things you can encounter. No one complains enemies in Dynasty Warriors are dumb either. Some enemies are just supposed to be dumb and get slaughtered whatever way you want.

Besides, the AI is actually great for an open world game. They get weapons, even use organic stuff as weapons when nothing else is around, they light their weapons when there is a fire, they try to lure you, have traps for you etc.

the combat in this game is shit as you know

you cant even do anythign

you just press buttons and shit happens like that

you cant even control it

you cant just do a normal attack

its like

faggoty sllide spin backaround im so cool then thrust, like 3 seconds safter you clicked LMB.

actually, the bad graphics make it "comfy" and it feels like it has "soul"

I'm replaying it right now. It looks great desu senpai. Not even using overhaul.

Not everything has to be as colorful as your japanese animes.

Posting bullshots again, why don't you retards ever fucking learn?
They only keep doing it because idiots like you keep buying, going along with it and promote it.
I fucking hate gamers.

>QTE

What am I looking at here? Looks like he didn't time his dodge right but randomly died from something. An arrow off screen or just bugged hit detection?

>my generic Bethesda shit looks beautiful
>please take me seriously criticising other games

Just how many (you) images do you have for when anybody says anything bad about Sony or Sony related games?

>implying anyone talks about the lasting power of graphics when they bring it up

c'mon now

>No one complains enemies in Dynasty Warriors are dumb either
You fight tons of those at once though. There is only 3 enemies there. Also, musou is shit and gets boring after an hour.

He heard it was a good trick

show me the QTE fag

This game will look fucking majestic on NX with better LOD.

>morrowind
>generic

It's generic as all fuck like every Bethesda open world game.

Name one game that looks like Morrowind.

>Zelda
Bernie Sanders DLC confirmed?

Morrowind 2: More Wind

Didn't most magazines and websites only have like... six screenshots total to preview Super Mario Sunshine?

Nintendo has a record of being very private about big projects.

>OoT combat
>what dark souls was based off, Z targeting, required timing and had weight to swings

>BotW combat
>retarded defenseless AI, sword swings have no weight, just spam whatever

Yeah they added a lot but they trashed up the series at the same time.

Ackshually, Zelda is an "open-air adventure" title, not an RPG.

Scalebound. Zelda just will be a shitty kiddie Amibo themepark and Horizon is neo-progressive trash trying hard to look mature so gameplay will be mediocre like Farcry games.

I remember nintendo power going into shill overdrive during the last few months, but it was a long time ago. The E3 trailer showed a whole lot in a very short time. It definitely showed you exactly what you were getting.

The Bokoblins (or whatever) are the new weakest enemy in the series after Skyward Sword it seems. Its safe to say the game will have enemies with actual combat abilities later on. Zelda games always start with pushover enemies, almost all of them in the first dungeon of OoT didn't even move.

>retarded defenseless AI

Yes, the literal Goomba-tier enemies in the first enemy of the game are not a challenge to defeat. Your criticism is so off base it's incredible. Are you the same guy earlier in the thread saying it will fail because there are no screenshots of dungeons?

OOT combat;
>wait for enemies to drop guard or slash from different directions to get past their shields, patiently deflecting blows while circle strafing so you don't get countered yourself, backflip to dodge large axe swings, try to backstab enemies when possible

wind waker combat:
>smash B button to eventually kill enemy while getting knockbacked for 1/4 of a heart of damage every few seconds OR wait a couple seconds for pop-up QTE to instantly kill enemy with A button

twilight princess combat:
>waggle wii remote in random directions to kill every enemy. If you want, waggle it a bit while pressing buttons to kill every enemy faster. Then just literally walk up to enemies and press A to one hit kill enemies lmao

skyward sword combat:
>have to swing from 4 different directions or stab or parry at any time as each combat is basically a big game of DDR where stronger enemies let you use progressively less and less angles of attack at any time, and you get punished for trying to attack from the wrong direction

lets be honest here
OOT was Tier 1 combat
Skyward Sword was Tier 2 combat
both WW and TP were garbage shitfests where you could leave your pet hermit crab to jostle the controller and you'd win every fight

Let it go user.

Scalebound is no longer in the conversation.

>MH knockoff made by japanese Phill Fish

>almost all of them in the first dungeon of OoT didn't even move

And still managed to be more dangerous than those poorly designed "bokoblins". Face it, the series is squarely targeted at people who are shit at vidya games and would get rekt by a stalfos.

>one attack takes off 3 hearts

yeah right. more to that webm than you'd like to tell.

>run up to goomba tier enemies in first area of BotW
>spam sword
>get one hit killed by monsters that shave off 3 hearts per hit

I don't know if the combat will be good, but I know it will be hard

Nier Automata will be.

>one attack takes off 3 hearts
>yeah right
Holy shit, at least educate yourself about the game before you try and fail this hard to discuss it you mongoloid.

Most definitely Zelda, because we know that other game is probably going to be linear as fuck and basically play itself.

>Face it, the series is squarely targeted at people who are shit at vidya games and would get rekt by a stalfos
The series is targeted at people who've played the games before? Sounds good to me.

>thinking Horizon can fare against Zelda in a popularity contest any better than Scalebound.
You poor, poor child.

Are you saying that everyone who has played zelda is shit at vidya games? That's a pretty retarded comment.

Both will be shit, Barkley 2 is the true answer.

Who cares?

I'm getting both.

This manga actually scared me a good bit.

I completely agree with this.

Horizon is doing fine thanks for Nintendo's hardware blunder.

Literally nobody even talks about Scalebound anymore. I didnt even think it's that bad to be quite frank.

You said the series is aimed at people who have a hard time with a mainstay enemy of the series.

>OoT combat
>good
here let me just hit something with the hookshot to stun, swing my sword, hookshot, swing, hookshot, swing, dead

wow 10/10

Horizon will sell less than Zelda despite the Wii U having a minuscule amount of console sales.

It invented good third person combat. It might not look like much now but that's because everything else added on to it.

It invented a small handful of good third person combat mechanics and gave you absolutely nothing decent to fight

The true godfather of modern third person action games is DMC, not OoT.

OOT really had a variety of battle methods you had to learn

>tektites / stalchildren / slugs / etc
basic boring mooks you just run up to and slash away

>skulltula / biri / bubbles / etc
you have to be patient and wait a couple seconds for them to put their guard down, or they'd punish you for trying to hit them when its up

>deku babas / shell blades
attack direction matters, vertical vs horizontal

>deku scrubs / octoroks
you need to reflect their projectiles to hit them first

>poes
can't z target them

>keese / guay
need to either use ranged to pick them off or wait until they're about to dive bomb you and time a stab or overhand slash to hit them just before they hit you

>gibdo/redead
need to get in as many hits between each stun on you and spam buttons to escape stuns

>wolves / stalfos / gerudo
need to counter attack after blocking or keep changing your attack direction or wait until they put their guard down or they block every hit, or you can circle around and backstab them

>iron knuckle
dark_souls_boss.gif

I'm still waiting, faggot.

I always beat Dark link with the normal sword, is one of the most satisfying things of the whole game. Also, you just have to change the direction of your hits constantly to hurt him, the way he gets beated in that webm is pretty retarded.

But they are both open world Action Adventures and not RPGs.

>you cant even control it
why do people pretend like this is true?
you have a hundred times more control than in Bamham/AC/Shadow of Mordor

also
>not installing the disable softlock mod
full homo

>iron knuckle
yeah hold up let me just slash slash slash slash slash slash slash backflip slash slash slash slash dead

the only way to put yourself in a position where you will ever die to an iron knuckle is to do a 3-heart run and not carry any fairies

> absolutely nothing decent to fight
stalfos, iron knuckles, wolfos, dinolfos, thieves, dark link, ganon

you have to hate life if you didn't find those fights fun

>pfft how can anyone call dark souls hard? all you have to do to beat every boss in the whole series is just slash slash slash until it attacks and then roll away

He called it Dark Souls boss.

You have to be 18 to post here

That's a Dark Souls boss for you.

No.

whats really neat about this is that the direction of sword hits mattering came from OOT originally being a remake of zelda 2
so the one thing that zelda 2 actually did right where some strong enemies will block your attacks from one direction and you have to change it up as they try to predict your attack pattern carried over to OOT for enemies like dark link, stalfos, etc

and then went retard mode when they made skyward sword

Sorry, those are braids and tangles, it is an arian thing. Go shove your fake socjus somewhere else.

Horizon has been covered pretty extensively, anyone who isn't interested in making surface assumptions about either game should go read the coverage, the game dose not hold your hand at all and there is a lot of content and features in the world and enough side content and quests to give you a long play time.

>stalfos
circle strafing is not inherently fun and that is literally all this fight consists of

>wolfos
what the fuck is fun about fighting a wolfos

>lizalfos
insta-win by alternating hookshot and slash. no challenge

>thieves
wait 'till they charge, jump slash. if you don't feel like wasting your time, just shoot with arrows since they almost never block them

>dark link
the entire gimmick to this fight is "don't z target" and there's nothing else to it

>ganon
circle strafing is not inherently fun. it looks cool to fight an enemy so big with two fuckoff swords but nothing really happens

>iron knuckle
see I described an actual iron knuckle fight, that is how many inputs it takes. He doesn't even block until the second phase, and even then you just slowly walk away until he does his hilariously slow attack that will never hit you in a million fucking years. it's their best attempt at an interesting fight and it's still a huge fucking shoulder-shrug

You could literally write the same exact things about Souls series enemies.

Reminds me of Gothic 3 which is a stunlock fest.

Either you stunlock the enemy or you get stunlocked.

so then Souls is shit? I haven't come into this argument praising any Souls game, I have no stake in that series

>come to PC
stop trying
Nintendo games will only come out to rival platforms if nintendo leave the hardware scene. maybe a generation or two ahead

>circle strafing is inherently unfun
>just dodge iron knuckle's telegraphed attack and then slash slash
you realize you're describing dark souls right

gee look at this big badass looking motherfucker in a suit of armor and halberd with 2 stories tall how will I beat him
>keep circling to his left and gundyr misses every hit
>dodge telegraphed jump attacks and then slash slash slash

>people actually think Zelda has better art direction than Horizon

you're describing combat where you need to patiently reposition, dodge enemy attacks instead of ignoring them, try to backstab enemies or switch up fighting style entirely with no lockon, or wait until they put their guard down and counterattack

if thats not good combat, I'm curious, what do you think is good combat
try to describe what would be good combat in your mind

>inb4 SS's gimmick which was literally just DDR

>you realize you're describing dark souls right
see

>promotional art that looks nothing like the generic game graphics
wtf i hate zelda now

You guys are fucking retarded, that's what you call the main story, if any of you idiots spent half a second even researching the game you'd know it's just as free as the last one, you do side quest and what not, in-between playing the story.

The difference is that Zelda's attacks happen over an entire second or two while Souls attacks happe. Over half a second or one. As my niggs Dunban says,

[Timing is everything, remember that!]

horizon doesn't look anything like that artwork, it has a fairly standard realism style in-game.

what are you even trying to say

that dark souls is the exact same combat just faster paced?

Legends say he's still rolling.

And Zelda looks like a PS2 game.

>Sony fans get a new IP
>Immediately put it up against a gaming icon
Why do they always do this? I figured they would have stopped after all the Halo killers.

Zelda hasnt been an icon since Twilight Princess.

Yes. And that faster pace is why people can accurately say they enjoy souls more than zeldork lmao.

While you're doing the exact same things, I get it done in half a second whilr you can take an upwards of 4x that time. So im far more skilled, or so the argument goes.

For the record, I only play solz because of post processing effects like on ice or fire attacks. Shit's sexy as hell. I also do the same on Guild Wars 2 with my Revenant.

What PS2 game?

Why do you always have to lie?

I hope both are great.

Sony fans have nothing to play. Its why you see the goldface with bloodborne all the time, or the yellow face with multiple arms holding unreleased titles. PS4 is in a huge drought. But unlike Nintendo who acknowledges this and just kills off their shitty console, Sony tells its dogs to lap up the PS4Pro like the good pets they are. As Sony fans, they can't say no to their master, and thus must defend their lack of games

>open world

Who cares really... I'll try Zelda on Cemu though once it comes out.

>souls is harder than zelda
okay?
doesn't make it better

>writing off a game by greentexting "open world"
This is the literal definition of falling for a meme.

More speed! More interesting arenas where things happen! More enemies that attack in some way other than just rushing right at you. Ocarina of Time occasionally finds some cool mixtures of mechanics, like the stalfos fight in Thieves' Hideout (I think that's the name, it's that minidungeon in the Gerudo fortress) where you're forced to stay moving and rolling or else you'll sink in the quicksand. It's not like it's an inherently bad system, but they totally refuse to form interesting arenas to fight things in and seem to have little interest in mixing enemy types (barring the keese, which I don't feel play particularly well with other enemy types, anyway, since bigger enemies aren't aggressive enough and keese go down in an instant as long as you've got the bow handy (which you almost always do)).

Fuck this shit. Nintendo may be a shadow of what they were, but Zelda will always make me feel good.

Open World games haven't been good in forever. Fuck off

>discussed constantly among fans
>among fans
No fucking shit

But it does. I play solz for hard, i play zeldork for comfy. Is the way how is.

>More speed! More interesting arenas where things happen!
what interesting arenas are there in dark souls
you fight on completely flat platforms connected by some corridors and maybe stairs

meanwhile OOT has you fight two lizard warriors who hop between islands over a pool of lava next to a lavafall cliff that drops down and an overlook
you fight ganondorf in a room where the tiles connecting the corners slowly collapse
or the fight against stalfos on a ghost ship bobbing up and down before it crashes into oblivion

So, Orange 'n' Blue? Like every fucking movie since Iron Man was a hit?

>Who

>it's good if you install mods

Kinda unfair comparison. We already know Zeldas plotline. BoTW will be same as any typical Zelda. . Zero Dawn has to explain things from the beginning, scripted events are needed at some point.

Why are you so attached to this idea that I care about Dark Souls? I've already explicitly stated that I don't have any stake in that series. As it stands, if OoT's combat pace was a bit faster, it might be able to carry the lack of complexity, but it's just too slow, and too simple. It's functional, but nothing more.

>next to a lavafall cliff that drops down and an overlook
this is entirely a visual flourish.

Even still, that's admittedly a sort of unique fight since it's one of the only ones that attempts to mix the game's platforming mechanics with combat. The arena's a bit too big, though, and all it really takes to kill a lizalfos is to just slap it with deku seeds while wiggling your sword at it.
>you fight ganondorf in a room where the tiles connecting the corners slowly collapse
yeah but that's not really a risk or anything, he gives you plenty of time to readjust between rounds of Magic Sphere Tennis
>ghost ship bobbing up and down before it crashes into oblivion
again, entirely a visual flourish. The actual arena is a rectangle.

i only herd about it and i got spooked

Zelda, faggot
No one can deny it

Signed- A proud Sonygger.

>Zelda 1 has to explain things from the beginning, scripted events are needed at some point

refer to
>if thats not good combat, I'm curious, what do you think is good combat
>try to describe what would be good combat in your mind

if you think zelda and souls series both have bad combat, whats your definition of good 3rd person swordfighting combat

>Link is revived by the Sheikah
>Technology in Hyrule
>Hyrule totally destroyed
>Same plotline

Fuck you and kill yourself retarded.

>OoT's combat pace was a bit faster, it might be able to carry the lack of complexity, but it's just too slow, and too simple. It's functional, but nothing more
Agreed. IMO the Zelda games only have room to grow. OoT was revolutionary, for it's time. But that was 19 years ago. BotW is so fucking close to being the perfect Zelda game.

It's also from an anime. Isn't anime for kids?

I just explained it to you! I've already answered that exact question. I already said that I think the basis for OoT's combat is fine, but it's not as expanded as far as it needs to. I don't see the need to take this conversation in circles.

What if I get and enjoy both?

The real question is, which of those games will people still want to play after its been out for 6 months. My money is on Zelda.

>Fuck you and kill yourself retarded.

Oh the irony.

so your best example of combat in any game is zelda, you just wish it was faster
so like, best combat in a game ever, just not good enough for you

Then it's clearly not forgotten.

Saying something is forgotten is a terrible argument. There's no way to prove it or disprove it.

Thats because Ninendorks have no other games to play user

That's not something to brag about. Horizon is up against a beast of a Spring 2017 release lineup thats also on PS4

i like that frog

the difference is the Wii U is giant flop and the PS4 is on its way to out-selling the PS2.

>this post
oh the ignorance!

That's not really "the best combat ever," because that's not what you asked for. You asked for "good," so I told you, paraphrased, "Zelda, but with the types of variety that I would expect from other games that have combat I really enjoy but aren't in the same genre." Are you going to continue to put words in my mouth in a desperate attempt to "win" an argument?

Oh it will outsell, believe in your dreams.

>beast of a Spring 2017 release lineup thats also on PS4
I've heard this shit every year for going on three years now.

is zelda isn't the best, and souls isn't the best, whats the best?

Good Rpg are timeless, only a consumerdrone faggot wants to play the lastest shit.

Oh boy, here comes the part where I bring up my tastes and you carpet bomb them because you have to disagree with me.

I don't really have a favorite. The type of combat in Zelda games is a good groundwork, but needs more things that do stuff. Devil May Cry is carried mostly by the variety of techniques and weapons that feel great to use - it has pretty good enemy variety and does a great job of mixing those enemy types (see the chessboard arena in DMC3), but I felt like a small handful of boss fights were focused more on asking the player to learn exact tells and respond to them in frustratingly specific ways. The only other types of combat I can think of are the button-mashy, GoW-esque types of games, which feel great but are mainly meant to be played mindlessly, and the current "modern" solution to combat which is "pretty attack button and your character does a funny dance and punches dudes, also counter things," and neither of these solutions are particularly great, they're just there. I've played a few twin stick shooters over the years, as well, and I find that those, similar to faster-paced shooters like Doom, ask the player to keep their attention on multiple enemies/projectiles at once, dispatching them in a sort of fluid "dance." I like this style of combat a lot, but I don't think it translates very well to the third-person action-adventure style of game, and I know it could be done better than what I've seen. Gunstar Heroes feels great and has amazing variety, but I also wouldn't call that "the best."

Why does any of this even matter to you? Why do you give a fuck?

>I enjoy button mashing
okay now get out

>muh sales

Every time. Damn the broken promises and lack of actually decent games to play, we sold the most! That's all that matters according to Cred Forums!

Not that guy but PS4 has gundam breaker and bloodborne, gameplay oriented games and with Nioh coming, the PS4 simply has some of the best gameplay focused AAA's this gen.

Ratchet and Clank is also pretty gameplay focused too, and gran turismo is also coming, I do not think Mario Kart will have the depth of a GT title, then again Nintendo has smash but there are also other fighting games on different platforms which are all gameplay games

The fact that you needed to buy a PC to accompany your wiiU should tell you what a drought really feels like. The fact that you're using the Pro as a negative when you are literally getting a full hardware revision that is literally going to faze out the wiiU not 4 years after it's launch while claiming you have games to play as Nintendo throws any software at you like colour splash, amiibo destival and starfox just to fill their yearly game quotas is incredible.

Stop being a dumb fuckboy
>t. ps4 + wiiU idort

You are so pathetic.

Kek

Horizon will be another new franchise triple A game that will be forgotten fairly soon. Zelda, if a good game, will be remembered and talked about for years. Even the worse Zelda games get GOTY and are frequently talked about to this day (see Skyward Sword).

>forgotten fairly soon

You must be a teenager to have so much faith in an untested ip

yea like the other fool in this thread you keep saying shit like that name the games that have been forgotten

I don't care about zelda but honestly that game looks awful and boring as fuck. It will sell on graphics and a few boss fights and it will be forgotten in a month tops.

this

>It will sell

No it wont. It isnt a FPS and it isnt FIFA and it looks like shit. It will be the next Odor 1886

One will be slightly better than the other,both will cater to the needs of different people,both will have their flaws,but they'll both be really enjoyable games that contrarian Cred Forums will use to start console war threads with OP's like "So this is the power" with cherry picked screen shots

Hopes/Dreams you have for this game? What do you think the gameplay will be like? How about the story? When the hell do you think it will be released?

I have good faith it will be the definitive cyberpunk game of all time upon release. It's insane nothing has been shown though.

My vaporware sense is tingling.

What does Gran Turismo mean as a franchise nowadays? It sure does not mean quality after the shitfest that was GT5.

I wonder what they think Cyberpunk means nowadays? Like, what specifically makes it differ from sci-fi?

You are talking about Horizon right? Because Zelda will obviously sell at least 2 mi copies.

I hope they do something about that obnoxious stamina meter because it feels out of place.

Ah so this is how you're going to bring up console war shit in Horizon threads, by creating bad blood with Zelda fans for endless comparisons despite this game having more in common with Monster Hunter. I'm sure it wasn't your intention OP but that's probably what's going to kill discussion in future threads

They will both be shit and major disappointments.

It's like you didn't even play the game. It was built in a way that made you feel like you were in this fantastic place, something new, something strange. There was always some twisted structure or strange plant life, these dank swamps or dead feeling places that felt new and were fun to actually explore. Cities felt lived in and despite how clunky the game is, it was amazing to explore every house and look through. Even the little side towns felt like little backwaters but all the homes feel lived in, have a purpose. There are stories told through design in tons of places. It was incredibly organic.

No game will ever make swamps, ashlands, badlands and shitholes feel as interesting as Bethesda did with Morrowind.

it's perfectly clear which one he meant you illiterate offsite drone

Can't say yet. What I can say for sure is I'll get an enjoy them both and boy is that gonna piss some of you faggots off.

I can say I'll probably like HZD better just because I've always like post technology settings. That and zelda games always patronize the player. They're never challenging and the puzzles are always irritatingly simple.

>Everything is shit!
>Everyone's taste is garbage but mine.
The quintessential Cred Forums funpost.

>Grasping for straws this bad.

Aren't cartoons for kids? Assuming you aren't underage, why are you still watching them?

Btu Souls enemies are simply much more threatening, since there's a far, far greater risk of them hitting or otherwise locking you into a situation where you are forces to take critical damage before you can heal. In Zelda, your shield is way too powerful and you're never punished for taking the strongest attacks in the game (except the TP triple Darknut fight, which is hands down the single best combat scenario in the series) .

Do you have any idea how immensely disappointed I am that the series isn't filled with fights like this?

Why can't you autists just enjoy video games

fuk u

Breath of the Wild, obviously, but Horizon is gonna kick some major ass in its own right.

i'm worried that H:ND is going to be far cry/asscreed style of "open world" where you have a handful of different mission-types rehashed several dozen times each and the "exploration" is just a means to get to these repetitive mission points.

i prefer a bethesda style open world where a huge draw for the game is the attention to detail and exploration itself, and zelda games are traditionally much more in that vein.

But what are the side quests?

I'm not overly excited about either because fuck open world, but Zelda looks to encourage exploration at least. You know, actually designing the gameplay around its structure and vice versa.

Horizon being published by Sony means it will probably just follow trends, which will be Ubisoft style copy paste quests. Or maybe they'll go the RPG route and have story driven side quests, but they won't get far with that writing and how much the game obviously holds your hand.

I'll be happy if they prove me wrong because the basic idea behind the game is great and some of the gameplay elements look fun and polished.

Not to mention all the enemies are the same, and they are not even particulary scary, interesting or well designed.

Zelda of course, what kinda dumb question is that?

>game1 is better than game2 because it has better art direction
said nobody, ever

>action RPG
Neither of them is an rpg.

I'ts obious it's not the most important thing, but good atmosphere is really important especially in adventure, fantasy-based games

>puzzle games are all the same, the only differenc-
>comparing tetris to myst

Jesus those graphics look terrible.

That's the power of the PS4, my friend.

Cred Forums really is full of autistic man children isn't it? You literally say any game. And I mean ANY fucking game that isn't Nintendos babyplat exclusive and they just shit in it endlessly for days and days. But they will defend nintendos smelly dogturd until the day they die. It's actually quite embarrassing

>the better open world action RPG of 2017
Zelda.

Fuck off NeoGA/v/

My board is 18+, beeyotch. kys