ITT: Times that the gaming industry directly plagiarized Hollywood

ITT: Times that the gaming industry directly plagiarized Hollywood.

Other urls found in this thread:

arcadesushi.com/stolen-images-in-video-games/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was intentional and okayed, you fucking idiot

>generic soldier pose
>GUISE ITS A RIPPOFF

These are the only two I'm immediately aware of, but there have to be hundreds.

great thread, ugly

Beyond the pose, you have really similar guns with the strap wrapped around the forearm the exact same way, almost identical headset/haircut/beltpack/collar...how is this not a super blatant ripoff?

I'm surprised you didn't choose to call me a faggot instead. I didn't realize it had been INTERNATIONALIZED (not internationaled, since that's not a fucking word). Thank god you're so autistic you actually took the time to figure that out.

He said intentional

Yes it is

(you)

Fuck. He did. Fucking dammit.

wow, kojima has been a hack since the beginning

[citation needed]

>yeah because soldiers dont have similar equipment, right guys? they dont were army greens and use certain guns, am i right guys?

only one that even has a hint of likeness is that Einstein one. but thats because the Einstein caricature is used a lot for the a-typical scientist character

The odds of a shitty gaming company in the 80's having the money to afford the rights to art that is not clearly theirs are not very high. You're full of shit. Choke on Kojima's tiny cock some more.

arcadesushi.com/stolen-images-in-video-games/

Some of these are a bit of a stretch, others are quite blatant.

>these mental gymnastics

>only one that has a hint of likeness is Einstein

Sean Connery and Tom Beringer? Nothing? Nothing at all? Are you blind?

MGR's cover being based on Chasshern? Fuck me...

Congrats. You played yourself

Kojimadrones are worse than sonyggers and nintoddlers combined.

This is beyond denial

>main villain is an older white male with an eye patch
>WOAH ITS A RIPPOFF

>generic white male with scar
>OMG HOW IS HE GETTING AWAY WITH THESE BLATANT RIPOFFS

he admitted to that though

Theyre called homages, you filthy plebs. Do you even pop-culture references?

It's time to stop posting.

You don't even try to hide your blatant bias towards a hack

>It's time to stop proving me wrong*

not an argument

I'll give you another (you), but you have to try harder than this.

I wouldn't call him a hack. I'd call him a fanboy westaboo nerdlet. Doesn't stop me enjoying his games though.

So if I take your 6th grade yearbook picture and make it my new logo for my successful new food, "Faggot Flakes" and I'm making millions, what do I tell you when you come to me looking for a dime? I know just the thing.

"It's called homage, you filthy pleb."

I'd be making millions off of your gay fucking face and you wouldn't try to find some legal way to get some of my money? My doubt is high, my dear senpai.

the black cop white cop is a common trope

>im going to revert to shitposting because i got btfo
bravo user, sure showed me

Not hollywood, but you can't tell me that Deadly Premonition isn't inspired by Twin Peaks.

That's just the thing. Saying he plagiarized and saying he never made anything good during his career are NOT the same fucking thing. Metal Gear was great. Metal Gear 2 was fucking great. Metal Gear Solid was great. MGS2 was great. MGS3 was great. MGS4 was...okay. MGS5 was ????

Sir, I understand your frustration, but you need to lower your tone of voice.

Its intentional.

/thread

True, although that's not really a ripoff imo. Just like ff12 story is pretty much starwars'.

Of course it is, SWERY actually said so. Twin Peaks was HUGE in Japan.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but your last name wouldn't happen to be Shekelbergstien or Goldbergbloom would it? You seem to have a quippy rationale for just about everything.

why wouldn't they use kurt russell

It's most certainly not a ripoff, especially the turns it takes in the second half.

again bravo. give yourself a pat on the back

not an argument

Fuuuuck. I never realized this one. Originality doesn't truly exist, does it?

I think that without Balthier and Fran, it wouldn't be Starwars. I never did finish the game though. Is there another aspect of it that rips from Starwars?

Shit like the MGR ones are more affectionate references/parodies than "litereally STOLEN" though.

SIR, I'm going to have to ask you to leave the building. This is unacceptable behavior in this establishment.

bravo

You seriously came here to argue for argument's sake? Fuck you.

Here's what it boils down to : I like what I like, and you like what you like. If you don't like the thread, fuck off. If you're not going to contribute, fuck off. If you aren't fucking off, fuck off. Basically, regardless of anything, fuck off. Do you breathe air? Fuck off. Are you male? Fuck off. Do you hate videogames? You get the idea.

Go away.

An affectionate parody? Sort of like how you fuck a dude's wife and say "it was just a joke, man. Lighten up."

Insulting my wife's son like that is simply INTOLERABLE. Leave!

Simpsons did it.

Also, they use culture icons as the basis for character design to attract customers. This shit has been going on forever. It's like using a famous name on a character.

>he actually thinks this is a safe-place
there are other echo-chamber websites available where you can safely circlejerk without fear of opposition.

bravo

KEK KEK KEK drops the sucka if he's from another man I gots ta raise the motha fucka

I'm aghast at your use of language, I'm calling for security.

I like how you define "safe place" as anywhere that doesn't include your insufferable antics. Is it sort of like a safe place where you can take a shit without the mentally disabled neighbor boy fapping to you through a window? That's kind of what it feels like having you around.

Okay, totally aside from how everyone knows that Kojima lifts liberally from hollywood and is completely unashamed about it and no one fucking cares:

The MGS main theme was composed by Tappy Iwase, who has been with Konami for years, so if you want to accuse anyone of plagiarism, accuse him. And if you do, please stand up so I can kick you in the balls.

You know, music has been a profession most of my life, and a passion for all of my life. While the composition is similar in the noted places, the MGS theme is an entirely different composition. Musicians are all thieves, and thats sort of the beast were dealing with here. It seems to me that the original composition lacked semblance and Iwase brought that to the table, whether it be through conscious of subliminal venues.

So you want to lay this at Kojima's feet? Actually, go ahead. It hurts your argument far more than it will ever help it.

The empire, a princess that begins a resistance group against the empire. The things that happen in Bhuerjba is pretty much the same as in Cloud city. Even both are floating cities.

bravo

not an argument

post more rare bait pics user

lol. Well played. I kind of like you. Although I hope you shit the bed tonight.

>Just like ff12
Theres a screencap that completely destroys the FF12 is Star Wars meme. Dont have it though.

Good day to you as well, Mr. Molyneux
I'm on it, though when I run out I'll probably move on to Jimmies gorillas.

Tappy's version of the MGS theme was shit, Konami had to hire an actual composer with experience in big Hollywood movies to fix it.

Harry Gregson Williams saved Metal Gear Solid.

There also exists a legendary sword which, when drawn, can destroy all islamification in Europe just by shining its radiant light. Don't have it though.

Wow hostile much?

I've never really seen the Bob Hoskins one, Yozef's face is thinner and his forehead is taller. The others are pretty blatant though, especially Boss Connery.

It was more of a "if X then I'm mickey mouse" kind of statement.

No diss. I just don't see how a blatant rip of Star Wars can be debunked when it's blatant by nature.

Well FIND IT THEN!

what WW2 game hasn't plagiarized from SVP?

user, pls. We're waiting. (I lost my bait folder when my hardrive died)

Red Orchestra 2?

You got it, my man. The idiot I was responding to seems to have given up though. This is my favorite one, too.

i dunno, haven't played it

There's a scene in most CoD games that is a pretty much a direct rip off from a movie.

Hell Menendez from Black Ops 2 is basically the Joker if he were a cocaine dealer.

No, more like you find a dude's wife so hot, you marry a girl that's just like her.

Hard to do, man. We have exquisite tastes here in forward slash v.

I like how the M16 was drawn by someone who clearly has never seen an gun before, and that the M203 is just shooting plasma.