Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j-dGkbyI90k
youtube.com/watch?v=8h6hbHE1dC0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You have no time enough to watch and enjoy the beautiful world peacefully

therefore it's shit

No sequel

I'd name it Henry

Woodfall's not very interesting. Also, the (fantastic) fishing areas in MM3D simply put the moon directly overhead clocktown-style instead of somewhere that makes more sense.

no, there is plenty of time for that

Useless fishing minigame in 3d version

Is it not useless in N64?

2 short, needs more dungeons
No idea of Link's misadventures between Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask
No fucking idea who Majora and Fierce Deity are
Snowfall was a fucking drag

and most importantly

I can't spend more milking cows with Cremia and watching in pride as Romani gets her Romani Mask for the first time

highly ignorable and also has a lot of depth for those interested

Inferior dungeon design to OoT.

focuses too much on sidequests rather than the overarching story part of the game

the forest and water temples suck, and theres little else to do in between OTHER than sidequests

The lack of a final dungeon. Other than that MM is pretty rock solid.

I disagree: The Great Bay temple was the only dungeon in MM that I liked.

Completely optional and very in-depth. Best fishing system in the series except for Twilight Princess.

>focuses too much on sidequests

but the focus on sidequests is what makes this game so good user

It's not as good as Ocarina, but Major's Mask deserves all the praise it gets.

Holy shit does this game make me feel ways about stuff. A mother who lost her eggs. A sad kid who no one will play with. Impending doom and no one seems to care.

time limit mechanic is not fun at all
dungeons are ass
fanbase is particularly insufferable

Spawn of Tingle

-Ending was pretty unfulfilling.
-Sakon never got his comeuppance.
-There's no way to help Kafei and the bomb people at the same time.
-That piece of heart that requires a ton of money in the bank.

>time limit mechanic is not fun at all

It's not fun. I agree. This is going to sound pretentious as fuck, but it's one of those games that is better because it's not fun.

Schindler's List isn't fun either.

Outdated.

>There's no way to help Kafei and the bomb people at the same time.

This is the point of the game.

>You can't save them all

You do what you can to help people, but it's just to get the giant's songs. Then you play the song of time and fuck them up all over again.

>-Ending was pretty unfulfilling.

Are you stupid?

Also, sure enough, most of the issues people are mentioning here are shit.

>little in between other than sidequests
I mean what did OOT have in that case, u had
horse riding, which is in this also
fishing, in this also
gold skulltula, in this
sidequests that broaden the game, in this but in larger depth and quantity

so idk there are less dungeons yea but the world building is what makes the game really,

Not an argument.

You were never making an argument, and I'm not magically burdened with disputing your royal asspullness.

What's the best entry point with emulators? ALttP, OoT, MM, WW or TP? I never played any zelda games before and I'm nearly 30.

OoT

Not an argument

It might be my favorite zelda just because everybody is so sad and hopeless.

No matter what good you do it is all for nothing after you reset the clock. Then you look up and see that god damn moon again.

Probably ALttP for being simpler. The N64 games can have texture issues still. Hope you have a dedicated PC for anything after.

it spawned a game theory video

I can't help but agree. I recognize 's point, but it the end it seems like I just didn't do enough. See: Deku Butler's son, Sakon getting away scot free, Skull Kid, navi, even fucking Link himself. There are just loose ends that aren't even addressed in-game.

>having shitty shallow taste

Minish Cap, was my first Zelda and still is one of my favorites, 2d zeldas are arguably better, at least for beginners, it's shorter and easier than Alttp and looks way prettier

A what theory?

It always trips me out that this is a direct sequel to Ocarina of Time.

OOT's ending was a bit bittersweet given that Link left adult Zelda behind in the future and the Zelda in his own time really knows nothing of what happened. But the world is saved and everyone is happy.

Just a short while later though, Link falls down a hole and finds a world full of profoundly broken people.

fuck off pat

Link is dead. Not a bad theory actually. This was before MatPat became a completely insufferable click bait monster.

Having to go partway through Woodfall and Great Bay Temples again for Don Gero's mask.

time limit can cause you to stand around doing nothing while waiting for things

this and dead rising could really benefit from a speed up/sleep funciton

I don't have all night.

The Majora fight is kind of underwhelming, even if you decide not to cheese it with Fierce Deity.

Yeah, I felt the same way. Even the artwork takes a completely different style.

>link in OOT, always frowning, serious af
>Link in MM, smirking cocky little fucker

fucking love MM's artwork.

>Not a bad theory actually
It's actually pretty terrible if you really stop and think about it, or play through the game again with it in mind.

Dying in the Lost Woods turns you into a stalfos and Link is a stalfos in Twilight Princess.

"You've met with a terrible fate haven't you."

These two are pretty compelling.

For the record it's still a bullshit fan theory because Nintendo doesn't plan this shit out. But it's compelling.

It ripped off kid chameleon

>Dying in the Lost Woods turns you into a stalfos and Link is a stalfos in Twilight Princess.
No, children who die in the lost woods become Skullkids. ADULTS become Stalfos', and the Hero's Shade isn't a Stalfos.
>"You've met with a terrible fate haven't you."
He became a Deku scrub, and is stranded in another dimension\Timeline. That's a pretty terrible fate.

I could go on, but there is just so much going against the notion.

MM3D has exactly this. The skip foward function of the song of time variant lets you choose the day's hour instead of spurting forward in 12 hour increments.

idk he looks like a fuckin stalfos

He's not, he's an angry ghost.

>and the Hero's Shade isn't a Stalfos

uh yes he is. clearly.

What more do you need? Daisy dukes?

No, he's not. Stafos are mindless monsters in the physical world, and the Hero's Shade is an spiritual being with his wits about him. Just because he's a skeleton-looking guy, it doesn't make him a stalfos.

-not enough dungeons

That's really it from me

Well Zelda knows something of what happened because she gives him the ocarina. And OoT did end with Navi flying away.

MM's art was amazing.

Wish the game could've looked like that.

any thoughts on why Link became a spirit wolf?

Mid-2000's edge.

forms being kinda worthless for combat, the remake tired i can give it that much

I'm aware I'm a wolf... soon as the moon hit.

I'm aware I'm a king! *GASSSSSSSSSP*

Back out the tomb bitch!

The game always fucking freezes somewhere around Snowhead Temple and Romani Ranch. I've never done a playthrough where this hasn't happened.

>Cred Forums in one image

>horse riding, which is in this also
Barely. OoT handed it way better and did a lot of optional shit with it, given the whole things was optional and still allowed you to access late game areas earlier.

>fishing, in this also
Serves no actual pupose.

>gold skulltula, in this
Likewise, not the same. You don't naturally find them through exploration, they're just crammed in a couple of small areas for you to clear out. In fact, the lack of general shit to find in the overworld not explicitly tied to some other quest is one of MM's biggest general problems and part of why OoT's side content isn't inferior in many respects.

>sidequests that broaden the game, in this but in larger depth and quantity

True, but OoT's masks, trading quest etc. are easily as good as any quest in MM, most of which don't really need the time system to anywhere near the extent they use it. Don't forget that OoT has it's own optional pseudo-dungeon in the Training Grounds which is easily better than anything MM has.

kek'd

>Schindler's List isn't fun either.

This tells me as much about your taste as it needs to.

There's no reason not to play OoT first. It's the pillar of the series and regarded as it is for a reason.

Maximum fetish fuel.

I too enjoy killing juden

Time limits were a dealbreaker for me when I was younger and they still make me anxious now.

I think that was the point of MM. You're fucked either way, and no one you're just holding back inevitable doom and death. It's not like the OoT where everyone is happy yay me. and even then that only happens at the end of MM.

You're approaching it with the wrong mindset. It's not a real time limit since you can always reset. It's more like another dimension of the exploration.

But the feeling of having to rush through dungeons and reset time to avoid death is anxiety-inducing. You always have to reset it withing that time frame. I can't see it in any other way than that. I'm terrified by time limits and deadlines.

*within

You really don't. You get like three hours to do a twenty to thirty minute dungeon.

That's okay, because it's a new day.

And Navi isn't a loose end, that's resolved by the end of the game. She's just not coming back.

Lol what? the first dungeon on the woodfall is way more complex than the 3 child dungeons in OoT

All of MM's dungeons works heabily with the vertical space and utilizes the 3D really good, also Stoner Tower is hand down one of the best dungeons in the series, the entire dungeon is a fucking puzzle

play OOT before majora's mask

Clock Town Shooting Game and Tingle.

Subjective, and to be frank I wasn't too crazy about the dungeons besides Great Bay. Even if that and Stone Tower are good, that's still two solid ones compared to the fantastic adult dungeons in OoT. The child dungeons are the tutorials, and in that regard they work as well.

>You don't naturally find them through exploration
I sure like only being able to find certain skulltulas at night!

What awesome dungeons besides the water temple? Forest temple had amazing atmosphere but the puzzles were ok. MM's dungeons had amazing puzzle

All of the adult ones: They have amazing level design, with loops, layers, and generally solid bosses as capstones.

No real final dungeon to waste all my cool new Fairy Sword shit on.

If you're petrified of a three hour time limit (With like zero penalty for playing the song of backwards time besides boredom) I seriously wonder how you deal with life.

The 3ds version

>bosses
lmao. They all consist of doing the /exact/ same thing over and over again, almost no variation. This is particularly offensive with Twinrova, where you wait a fucking insanely long time and there's not even the slightest bit of challenge in the second half. It's just waiting for her to pick the color, then z-targeting and keeping your shield up if it's the right one, and moving slightly to the left or right if it's the wrong one. Phantom Ganon, again, tedious waiting, Volvagia, more tedious waiting, Morpha, why. Bongo Bongo moves along at a satisfying pace but sees absolutely no variation and ends in about 20-30 seconds even if you don't exactly know what you're doing.

The only particularly great dungeon is the water temple, and that's only in OoT3D since exploration isn't crucified due to the idiotic choice to have the player navigate the menu to equip the boots. Spirit temple is pretty decent thanks to fun minibosses, and some cute puzzles, but the fire temple and spirit temple are mostly boring, random non-challenges, and mostly consist of following a line. Forest temple is a severely offensive of OoT's confusion on how to allot small keys, since, if you don't realize that you should grab the first three or four keys before opening any doors, you have to retread the same fucking ground over, and over, and over. The worst part of it all is the ground that you're forced to retread, even if you complete the dungeon optimally, is a vertical corridor. Mix that with OoT's terrible handling of vertical movement, and it all just feels so fucking slow and pointless

OoT is really just okay

>but OoT's masks are easily as good as any quest in MM

CAN I GET THE REEFER YOU'RE BOGARDING?

>MUH ATMOSPHERE

fuck off.

What did he say?

>Great Bay Temple sucks
you mean the best in the series

>You have no time enough to watch and enjoy the beautiful world peacefully

Actually this could have been used powerfully, if there was some sort of juxtaposition in the game transitioning from a beautiful place to an apocalyptic scenario

But everything in termina is kind of fucked up and/or eery and strange

>True, but OoT's masks, trading quest etc. are easily as good as any quest in MM

>Go here. Sell mask. Come back with money
Also, Oot's masks, beside the mask of truth do little to nothing.

>your screen gets smaller and smaller

You mean how Day 2 is ugly muggy weather, Night 2 is overcast and Day 3 is puke green?

I mean it sucks but you're missing the point of a game where everything gradually gets worse.

>Fedora's Mask

what the fuck is with the agonizing face?

>valley of the dead

I don't get this meme.

Wasn't the bunny hood the only one that actually did anything?

sub-par dungeons

It's the reflection of MM fans

Was he Shigeru Miyamoto?
>mysterious man that's pulling all the strings and disappears at the ending

Terminans like to stick faces on everything. Pretty much all decorations in Clock Town are mask based.

Yeah if I remember correctly all it did was keep stalchild's away at night. Keaton mask let you pass the guard.
Scull mask let you talk to the scull kids.
They all played a part in that hole in the lost woods.

They had minor effects on the game, but nothing like in MM. Not by a long shot.

>Ending was pretty unfulfilling
>There's no way to help Kafei and the bomb people at the same time.
Isn't that the point?

Well I mean MM was all about the masks

In MM3D at least if you clip the camera through the Moon Children's masks they all look like young versions of him. They are never going to actually give him a backstory but he's obviously not just a normal guy.

I misspelled skull twice

Skull Mask nets you neat shit in the Forest Stage. Mask of Truth let you talk to gossip stones. Bunny Hood keeps the 2spooks from appearing in Hyrule Field.

I think that's about it.

>But the feeling of having to rush through dungeons and reset time to avoid death is anxiety-inducing.
I'm pretty sure that's the idea behind it...

Doing the Fourth day glitch was spooky as fuck. You can spend all the time you want in Termina and all that but almost no NPC or enemy was in the game. The true No Man Sky experience.

There is no flaw. They only had 1 year and therefore it was perfect.

Yeah I was arguing with user about
>Oot's masks, trading quests, etc. are easily as good
It was prob bait anyway

Skull Mask keeps Keese away

kek

Some of the mask quests in MM are a bit shit, but there are so many of them

>yfw we'll never get to see another game settled on termina again and we all gonna see shitty hyrule stories over again

Just when you think you know everything

The entire fucking game

Enjoy your rom-hack tier shit.

>rom hack that adds new models and is a better game than the "original"

>Better game

Whew lad

OOT is a very good game.

But MM had 1 year to be made and turned out to be amazing. It clearly is a superior game

yes you would agree if you weren't a contrarian or a pleb

Dat tree on the moon

Yeah there's a couple that are pretty useless, but a lot of them really make the game better, even if just for entertainment i.e. Bremen mask, Kamaro mask

>Not when I shift into maximum over-irony

you can't ironically say the truth though

Kamaro mask is GOAT

youtube.com/watch?v=j-dGkbyI90k

>better
>worse dungeons, worse overworld, worse story, worse characters, a fucking time limit, fucking mask bullshit busywork, somehow made dealing with Gorons even WORSE

yeah okay.

So, at the end, does Link ride off into the woods then ride back into town to put on the zora mask to play in the concert? The guitar player is zora link, and not the dude Link got the spirit for the mask from.

>Gorman's Mask makes the Milk Run easier to do
>Get it AFTER you get the Romani Mask

What did she mean by this?

I know I sound like a total faggot, but my favorite part of Majora was hanging out at the small motel and watching all the customers visit and going to the bunk beds. Superfuckingcomfy

No, he gets lost in the woods for all eternity and becomes the Hero's Shade you meet in Twilight Princess because Majora's Mask ruined his life.

>worse dungeons
only if you're a casual
>worse overworld
sure but OoT's wasn't anything special either
>worse story
nope
>worse characters
objectively wrong
>a fucking time limit
only a problem if you're a casual
>fucking mask bullshit busywork
only a problem if you're a casual
>somehow made dealing with Gorons even WORSE
sure

>worse story
Yeah we'll just recycle the save the princess idea but tack some more shit to it

At least MM tried to be different

>worse dungeons

With the exception of the woodfall all of them were better than OOt's

>worse overworld,
you mean termina field? yeah it's not as big but you can still like it, it's better than the boring and dead hyrule field

>worse characters

Hahaha OOT's characters are literally a piece of cardboard, maybe except for the farmer girl.

>a fucking time limit

Because it's the point of the game, also you can make it so it's 3 hours and 40 minutes, if you can't beat at least 1 area on that time just stop playing games.

>fucking mask bullshit busywork

?????

> somehow made dealing with Gorons even WORSE

How? The goron race is entirely skippable.

>Yeah we'll just recycle the save the princess idea

That's not the story of OoT

How far away is termina from hyrule, anyway? There's very little triforce imagery in termina, so I assume it must be a different region.

The amount of detail in this place alone was surprising.
A mushroom in the fucking underwear

Try a different dimension entirely.

I think that's what the instruction manual says.

My headcanon says that the phantom isn't Link and instead he spent eternity wandering the lost woods, stumbling into worlds in need of help, thanklessly saving the day and going back to his search

It is against his character to give a shit about >muh skills. He never cared about the fame, the glory, or the memory. He only ever cared about doing what he was told to do in order to save the world. Making him some faggy phantom who spends his days butt hurt that no one remembers him is just that slant eyed chink lashing out that a 10 year old character was infinitely more popular and better received than his saucer eyed shit creation

Also the mystery behind Majora and the Fierce Deity were good

The sidequests are the overarching story part of the game though

Not very well, desu.

mommy wants you to milkie

>With the exception of the woodfall
I always hear this, what do people have against Woodfall

Stalfos are skellingtons, the shade is a fucking ghost. He isn't bones, it is some ephemeral bullshit but he isn't a stalfos

For fucks sake, he turns into a wolf. Stalfoses (stalfi?) can't turn into wolves

Then who was the zora playing in the concert?

I don't get the issue you guys had with the sidequests. they were amazing.

youtube.com/watch?v=8h6hbHE1dC0

The fact that it exists

How...did Link get there?

I did that too.

Falling through a weird tree.

did u even watched the first cutscene? He fell down a hole while chasing skull kid, with some weird trippy masks floating around.

It was link, he problably didn't remember the credits.

>no it is worse
Kekd at how dumb you are.

MM is the better game. There's so much more interaction and thinking involved.

But he rides back to the forest at the end, the same forest he was in at the beginning. What, did he scale the hole on horseback?

Reminder that adult Link is 5'7

Anything's possible, man.

Does that mean Link is living a quadruple life, trying to make everyone think that all the mask spirits are still alive?

It was probably a portal of somekind and the skull kid and the mask salesman helped him. it can't be a one way only because we see the skull kid being mentioned in termina and the mask salesman knowing about majora, both have some connection to hyrule and termina

your birth

>silent, stoic warrior who travels through time to save the world without the thought of getting thanks, merely there to help people
>two entire games to develop this character
>one of those games devoted to the happy mask salesman showing him that he truly helped people, whether he received the praise or not, and that in itself is its own reward
>gook master supreme aonuma gets so fucking asshurt that people prefer the hero of time to his cartoon bullshit he rapes the hero of times character in one of his games

That's interesting really

I think the gorons and zoras shorta realized one of their people are gone, but Link still played at the concert because he still wanted to make Lulu (is that her name?) happy.

>triforce
>master sword
>Gannon
>princess zorldo
Sounds like the same old shit to me
With other shit tacked on

For a game all about collecting masks, the masks were woefully useless. The transformation masks obviously had their uses, but besides them only Blast Mask, Stone Mask and Bunny Hood had actual utility. I guess you could count Great Fairy's Mask too.

The rest of them had minor gimmicks (dancing, marching) and most were only good for a single Piece of Heart. The game is full Heart Pieces and many of them too ez and boring to grab, the least they could have done is come up more than one Heart Piece for those masks.

I understand that it was probably an unavoidable shortcoming of the original game since the deadline was what it was, but giving masks more utility was pretty much the single thing I hoped they would change in MM3D. Too bad it didn't happen and all we got was a quest for an extra bottle in a game that already has a lot of them.

t. Majora's Mask is still my favorite game

SQUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK

>you will never see the happy mask salesman in another zelda title again that isn't a remake
He's by far my favorite character in the entire series, it's sad to not see him.

maybe he'll be in botw, but who knows.

He was in oracles

And the entire bottom row (Garo, Gibdo, Captain's Hat, Giant's Mask) were just plot devices used to get through Ikana.

>one cycle you gain access to the dungeon
>reset
>now you can enter the dungeon at any point
>get the dungeon item
>now you can skip half it if you still need to reset
If you think the time limit is at all difficult to deal with, you're a baby.

time limit
dungeoning with a time limit
waiting for time to pass for quests
have to waste time going to the bank before resetting time if you want your rupees
have to waste time going to the bank after resetting time and then reacquiring consumable items
the game probably should have told you about the secret songs explicitly because of how important they are
having to repeatedly play songs in the 4th dungeon
only 4 dungeons
can't save the game until finishing the opening
the owl save system
the owl save system when the system crashes and you lose your save
obnoxious kid is not a good villain
voodoo mask is not a good villain

There are a great many good things to be said about MM and I would consider it to be an overall good game, but it is most definitely not without its flaws, and you're either delusional or trolling if you think otherwise.

Also:

1st dungeon's item: Bow and Arrows
2nd dungeon's item: Fire Arrows
3rd dungeon's item: Ice Arrows
4th dungeon's item: Light Arrows

Thrilling.

Honestly MM needed a better and less volatile quick save system. Not like that shit in 3DS but something that doesn't have me using the Song of Time in fear the game will eat itself if I don't (Granted this is entirely a Gamecube version problem)

Just finished Link Between Worlds, was pretty good. What are your guys' top 5?

For me:
Skyward Sword
OoT
WindWaker
Four Swords Adventure

>waaaaah, getting an entirely brand new character for every dungeon isn't enough for me

that's four games

You can't save properly until an hour in.

Fuck

All right, after FSA then Majora's

Makes it easier to farm that hug.

>I sure like only being able to find certain skulltulas at night!

Yes, I actually do, and this is also one of the better things about that quest, it gave to actual incentive to go out of your way to explore things at night, which meaningfully adds to the feel of the game without being overbearing about it. It's not like in TP where you have to suffer through the full cycle which you have no control over.

I get your reference user
I hate that I love that guys videos

It was fine, it was just explained poorly. I think it was important that the quick saves worked the way they did to stop savescumming, so that you would use the in-universe time reset instead.

Who cares? The items had way more utility this time around and you got transformation masks and items in between dungeons. Which also helped with puzzle design within the dungeon.

The beginning is a bit slow.

Oh, fuck off. It's a touch that exists solely for the purpose of giving day and night some difference outside of towns and shouldn't even be in the game to begin with. All it means is that, when you leave a town to explore for gold skulltulas, you flip to nighttime, and if the game flips back to daytime, you play the sun song again. I appreciate OoT's nighttime atmosphere enough to prefer going out at night, anyway, I don't need the game forcing it for virtually no gain nor difference in player behavior.

Scarecrow

It's a bit slow no matter how you speed it up. I think it's less obvious the first time around, since you'll be drinking in a bit more of the atmosphere, but it's pretty obvious on replays that there's just not much you can do.

Stupid ass gimmick
Artificial longevity
Most repetitive game ever
Lazy game reusing every model from OOT
Shitty overworld
Shitty story
Random shitty non Zelda game with a Zelda skin on
Terrible fanbase

It actively punishes you for trying to explore, something that no Zelda game should ever do.

It's an anti-Zelda, a Zelda game for people who hate Zelda.

>Only 4 dungeons
>Only 1 of the dungeons is good
>Termina is the most plain as fuck layout you can get (main city in the middle of a circular map, with each corner making up a "weather" or "setting"
>Too much shit reused from OoT
>Story ultimately was meaningless

>Go here. Sell mask. Come back with money

But it doesn't explicitly tell you who to give the masks to or what their potential alternate uses are. In that regard it's hardly any weaker than most of MM's quests, a decent portion of which explicitly do give you this info and just have you wait around some place instead of coming up with anything better. Keep in mind I'm considering this as a single quest line, which it is, and comparing it to MM's individual major quests, as opposed to the entirety of the mask system which naturally plays a far more prominent role in MM. I really don't see why MM-fags find this so controversial.

I wasn't even going on about the masks quest specifically though, but mentioning it along side the adult trading quest, which is actually what I claim to be at least the equal of anything in MM. The way it encourages you to construct a family tree of relations between the Kakariko residents in order to solve it is brilliant, and something that I don't think MM actually pulled off quite as well, simply because there is less reason do do this despite more in depth information being there (i.e. there's nothing for the player to gain from say, comprehending Cremia's former relationship with Kafei or that Anju's grandmother uses to be the mayor's schoolteacher). MM is extremely complex and clever in ways which are often interesting, but unfortunately superfluous. Not to mention that gaining Epona is implicitly part of the whole thing, which in itself is honestly more satisfying than anything you do in MM.

>It actively punishes you for trying to explore

Whut

>v now hates MM
what happened?

Nothing, it was always overrated with a loud as fuck/annoying community. The game is Wind Waker tier.

Oracles just shoves in everyone for no reason, like they didn't understand why other specific games had recurring characters and so thought this was what they were supposed to do.

>Cred Forums now hates Wind Waker

I'm even more confused now

WW is good, too. They're all good, except OoT.

Time goes slower when you stand still.

how so?
you have an infinite number of do overs
you have the inverted song of time that lets you complete entire sections of the game (exploration and temple) within a single day

what else do you need?

It is the most adult zelda of all.
The entire game's theme revolves around sorrow, forgiveness, loss and even hope.

The song of healing is just my favorite tune in a zelda game. Its bittersweet melody reflects almost every single situation in the game.

Its simply a wonderful game.

The MC's name isn't Zelda

Checkmate, faggot

not really, it's just that fags opinion.
I think most of us still like MM and WW

I plan on beating this over the course of next month, seems like a good game for the Fall/Halloween season
How do I get maximum enjoyment out of it?

>You need to finish the dungeon or at least get the treasure for increasingly bullshit reasons.
Icepeak is understandable, but the way you need to clear snowpeak or get the ice arrows to enter the great bay and Ikana is bullshit.

Also great bay temple is down there with OoA's Jabu for the title of most bullshit dungeon on the series.

You can skip the Octorocks with careful positioning. Not that it really changes the game any since all the sidequests are on the lower side of the canyon anyway.

Needing Epona to get into Great Bay is bullshit though.

She means her best friend is getting married and she hasn't found a man yet.

In Majora's Mask, you are never allowed to explore and take in the world at your own pace. You're not allowed to absorb the world, you always have to play the ocarina to keep playing. Shenmue did what Majora's Mask tried to do a year prior, but unlike Majora's Mask, Shenmue did it well.

I always thought it was interesting that notes for the song of healing were saria's song in reverse

>FOUR. FUCKING. DUNGEONS.
>Reused character assets. Fucking everywhere.
>Grimdark 5edgy7me atmosphere.
>Mask collect-a-thon.
>Constantly racing against not enough time, progress gets reset when you run out of time. It's part of the whole motif, I get it, but jesus christ.

It was a different game. They tried different shit. It was nice, but I didn't appreciate some parts.

I fucking hate the term grimdark.

Not as bullshit as needing the ice arrows to get through the valley. They would have worked well as something that purely enabled optional shit there, but otherwise you should have been able to break sequence and do Ikana first.

because it reeks of tumblr

i always disliked the whole "keep going back 3 days" idea. that was pretty retarded

Give your masks to the Moon Children. There's your final dungeon(s).

It had to live up to OOT and failed. Now everyone treats it as underrated.

can't save the butler's son
;~;7
rest in peace friend

You mean twilight princess where you stand still and upright and use one arm to fish?

Jesus

ALTTP

>and looks way prettier

Shit taste detected.

Can't use FD Link without a glitch outside boss fights

The Well is a drag and forces you to buy about 100 rupees worth of shit beforehand, and that's if you know that you can bring milk and skip half the dungeon.

You can stand in a way that lets you hookshot one of the trees without using the Ice Arrows on the Octoroks. It's precise, but you can do it without glitches easily.

>place bomb near fence
>turn into goron
>jump upwards via Ground Pound move
>get blown up at the top of the jump
>recoil knocks you over the fence
>get zora mask and hookshot
>break the fuck out of snowhead

Bitch I stole that guys room key and made that big-lipped goronigger sleep outside.

You literally have infinite time in game.

Unfortunately it's true that your real life is finite, and you have no magical song to turn back time. You're just you going through your three days until you die, and that's the end.

How're you doing filling up your Bomber's notebook user?

For me the game would freeze during stone tower temple parts. One time the game mysteriously crashed on me

I Had a wrong console when I was younger and now its too late to play this game for the first time

I'd say OoT and then Majora's Mask. The 64 Zeldas are still the height of the series and go so well together they could be one long game in two parts really since MM is a direct sequel which is rare in Zelda.

Reused assets
Hide and seek quest as one of the first things you do
Feels small
Time mechanic is cool but kinda offputting to a lot of people

But seriously, I love the small hidden secrets in this game.

>This image the guys eyes moved slightly when scrolling up or down

Jesus fucking christ what kind of sorcery is this?

This

>do this and FD Link glitch at the same time
>hit Gossip Stone
>"Only 0!:34 left!"
>hit it a few times more
>text starts corrupting
>hit it again
>"Only 0"
>stays on screen forever
>leave the area and the game freezes

Same shit happened when I talked to the mask salesman, he just said "Only" and when i went outside the game froze.

It's tedious and the dungeons are shit.

I guess there's a good reason and that's finding Mikau before beating Snowhead would sort of kill the pacing of the game. But at the same time not being able to do anything in Great Bay until after Medigoron's shit is real kick in the dick. The game is nice enough to let you get to Ikana...except oh dear you need a fucking hookshot for no reason if you want to get past the graveyard so you mosewell beat the fucking fish anyway.

Arbitrary gatekeeping in games just ticks me off really. The lack of it in Wind Waker once you get Nayru's Pearl is probably my favorite thing about that game.

I hope BOTW has masks in some capacity even if it's just OoT style. I loved them so much.

Although imagine how sick it'd be rolling around BOTW map as Goron or swimming its giant waters with the Zora swimming.

Why were gorons depicted with big lips and brown skin?

>The lack of it in Wind Waker once you get Nayru's Pearl is probably my favorite thing about that game.

Do you consider "not being able to do the Wind Temple before the Earth Temple" arbitrary gatekeeping?

too few dungeons

singleplayer = why replay

>tfw you do a 6-day run

From getting the Song of Healing to killing Majora without playing the Song of Time in between, it's a race the whole way. The main problem is getting Epona, after that you're golden.

>this autistic
>why live

Which is also one of the things that OoT does way better than MM.

I mean the Overworld. Yes you need certain items to get to certain grottos and you can't get the Fire and Ice arrows until after Helmaroc King but every thing else is basically your bitch. You can even get Triforce Pieces early if you want to.

Though I can't remember what happens if you try to go to Forsaken Fortress after the bombs but before the Master Sword.

im not sure how this re butts my claim but thanks for contributing

thread title is
>find a flaw

Wind Waker's a weird game for me. I hate basically every dungeon, but just exploring the entire ocean and going treasure hunting more or less carries the game for me.

Whats a 6 day run?

Play the entire game, and only play the Song of Time once, that time being when you get the Ocarina of Time on the unwinnable Deku Link cycle.

Not many games are remembered years after, was nothing else like it at the time

Would be pretty dull if made now, but what ideas age well anyway

actually it doesnt have a title
even then OP said name a flaw not find

>Named Legend of Zelda
>No Zelda

She appears for about a minute

Everything revolving around Kafei.

>get one mask
>reset time
>get another mask
>reset time
>get yet another mask an alternate way to the first two times
>reset mask
>finally do the questline proper and get that mask before getting crushed to death
>reset time
>the mask is only used for a Piece of Heart

The final outcome of that quest is so diapointing.

>All that work
>Just for one shitty piece of heart
>Couples Mask does jack shit besides looking cool

>have to give Priority Mail to postman for his hat
>have to do the ENTIRE quest again up to getting the mail so you can give it to "Mama" for a bottle

Anybody else forget what you have to do to get the All Night Mask? Half the time I don't remember whether or not you need to stop Sakon or not

Man I remember that kid on the playground saying you could get the Sun Mask that Sakon stole if you manage to finish the hideout under some time while doing some other bullshit parameters and the Sun Mask has Deku Nut flash properties like the Bomb Mask has the bomb properties.

Have to smack dat bombag outta that greedy goy toyer's hands.

>No fucking idea who Majora and Fierce Deity are

Part of the appeal of the game is how unexplained everything is.

You can't really tell me you enjoy the series more now that we know that the Master Sword is possessed by some robot autistic girl and the battles between Link, Ganon, and Zelda are all preordained by some cycle or reincarnation?

literally retarded

Odolwa is too easy and I don't like the boss theme.

Go to fanfiction and look up zeldas honor it explains alot of stuff and its a good read however its not for the faint of heart.

Funfact, Goht falls over if you hit it while going over a jump.

>shoot Odolwa
>quick spin attack
>stunlocked

Majora is explained (Blah Blah Blah Hexing rituals).

Just not very well.

No, the entire point is that Majora's MASK (the idea that """""majora""""" is a separate, personified entity is something entirely unsupported by the game) is supposed to be an unknowable evil that doesn't have any reason for what it's doing, it just simply is.

The save system fucked me over quite a bit due to my n64 freezing if you even looked at the cartridge the wrong way.

That and I'm not a fan of time systems. It's why I couldn't fully enjoy pikmin

>(the idea that """""majora""""" is a separate, personified entity is something entirely unsupported by the game)

Except the game is literally called Majora's Mask. The apostrophe signifies it is possessive, it is the mask of Majora. This literally means there was a person place or thing named Majora and this was its mask.

Because they are a portayal of what niggers could be if they weren't dumb as fuck.

What is the worst form and why is it Zora Link?

>solely for moving in water
>absolutely useless when fighting anything that isn't Gyorg or Majora 1st form

You sit in the boat, nigger.

If you've never played it, it's never too late.

Sick guitar though.

Someone didn't discover the reverse song of time...

Friendly reminder that Deku Link absolutely shits on King Ikana

So does Bremen Mask, and Captains Hat.

It's not like he's very hard anyway.

I love how much more adult Link feels in MM. Despite being a child again, he's been through so much shit that he carries himself as an adult.
Idk why, but for whatever reason, Link feels so confident in MM. At the beginning of the game when Skullkid jumps him, Link didn't hesitate to fucking jump after that fucker and get dragged through the woods and take a rough ride along the way.
Also, the little details about Link himself: the flips when you jump from ledges, now he carries a metal shield as a child, later gets full sized swords, despite his stature, using items only adult Link could in OoT, and the task at hand being what it is is so much more adult, more mature in nature, compared to OoT.
Every time I play through MM I can't help but notice how confident Link comes off. Makes you feel like you're ready for any thing Termina can through at you, and boy if Termina doesn't through some shit at you.

The time system is intrusive more than immersive or creating a sense of urgency, it makes the game a chore to play ruining replay value for most, including me.

You literally need the song of time slowing to get anything done in meaningful time or enjoy the game at all. It doesn't help a lot of stuff is built around those mechanics just making things drag on or become a nuisance to deal with.

Another garbage game set in fantasy castle land starring fagboy Link

Hi

There was an image of skullkid wearing a fedora. His hand is right above, so it looks like a tipping "M'lady" gesture. I dont have the image here on my phone.

I enjoy more how socially retarded Link really is from being a social outcast his whole life and suddenly in MM he's thrust into social situations everywhere because MM focuses so much on characters and relationships and so Tatl has to explain everything to him and tell him not to be rude all the time.

Ganondork is just as easy with the Biggoron Sword in OOT.

Reused assets

Could you imagine how complicated this game would be if you actually traveled back through time, instead of rewinding back to a certain point

recycled assets up the wazoo. If it were a modern game, it would be crucified.

I do love the little things they put in the game
>killing Sakon
>Cow figurines bobble when the earth shakes
>Bringing up the deku pipes immediately when you meet the captured monkey and he asks "who are you?"

it's perfect.

i bought that Hyrule Graphics book just because it had every MM artwork inside. So fucking worth it. The art is amazing. The usage of shadows and darker colors is great

fuckin 93 chapters.
whatever the story is, i've never read a story that long that is still good

>young link
Hate that faggot

people are speculating he might come back in the new zelda

you can explore plenty the game just tells you that you have shit to do

if you want to explore the world slower than the game wants you to you are autistic

It exists :)

I guess he still has memories when he was an adult in ocarina of time

You are talking about it
BOOM

Daily reminder that if you can't handle a time limit you are just a filthy casual.
How do you manage real life? Wait, this is Cred Forums. I think I just answered my own question.

who here found the reverse song of time almost instantly while messing around?

Fuck you too sticks

Am I missing something here? Where were the signs? Or do they always speculate he'll make an appearance on every upcoming Zelda of the day?

>Bringing up the deku pipes immediately when you meet the captured monkey and he asks "who are you?"

Ok, explain this one.

No Multiplayer

He does that regardless, doesn't he? The joke is that you're supposed to talk to him as Link first and then transform right in front of him, yet he still doesn't recognize you as a Deku Link.

The Water Temple

Do you think it hurts to put on the mask?

>Reading fanfiction
Fuck off with that shit.

As ridiculous as this sounds, I think the reason I still refuse to play the 3DS version is because they lowered the stress around the time limit.

Yes, but no one cared who he was until he did.

Stone Tower is still a pain to scale even in the remake
>yea you've engraved that swift motion of button inputs into your muscle memory

When was this?

I don't think that's ridiculous. If you're happy with the original, what's the point of playing another version of it with changes that you don't like?

That's why I didn't buy it. You were on a time limit and things had to be done at a specific time. It's supposed to be straining. I get angry if I can't save Romani or the bomb shop lady because I was dicking about doing something else.

Even better is Kafei's sidequest which requires you to let Sakon mug the lady and more or less put ALL your efforts to completing it throughout the whole three days. No matter who you help, someone has to suffer. And completely unrelated, but I like that Stone Tower analysis on Termina being defiant towards the Goddesses.

>Ending was pretty unfulfilling.
The whole moon sequence was amazing. What you chattin boi

That's part of the fun you casual.

The sense of urgency and imminent doom at the start is part of what makes the game so great.

>but I like that Stone Tower analysis on Termina being defiant towards the Goddesses.
Fan theories are mostly bullshit, but I always liked the idea that Termina was just a parallel Hyrule where they abandoned the Goddesses and triforce.

My favourite game ever, but there is definitely a lack of dungeons.

The dungeons themselves though I find a lot better than OOT so I guess it levels out.

When you get your room at the inn, peek at the worn down wall, at i don't know the time, but it's at night