ITT genuine opinions you have that everyone think is bait

ITT genuine opinions you have that everyone think is bait

Witcher 3's Open World ruined the game

It did, it was nice but it really hurt the main story.

Halo didn't ruin FPS games, lazy incompetent devs who have no imagination just copied what was new and fresh without understanding what made that game good in the first place.

You can see this in effect right now with the absurd amount of retro survival open world games that were made after Minecraft turned out successful.

Procedural generation and open world can both fuck themselves as far as modern gaming trends go.

Especially when they're combined into one big randomly created travesty.

DeS > DkS3 > DkS2 > BB > DkS

I love both of those things but I agree, the game has to be completely designed around them (eg. dwarf fort) otherwise they massively detract from everything else

cs should have iron sights and a sprint button. it's 2016. Having to equip your knife just to run faster is fucking retarded. but cs will always be stuck in the past because autists can't deal with change

There are games that beautifully use these things, but it's an extremely rare sight to see. Especially for procedural generation.

That latter thing often feels like the game's actively trying to hide lack of content by wasting the player's time with finding a way to the good shit instead of wasting the player's time with good shit to begin with.

Resident Evil 7 is a good new direction for the franchise

also the knife doesn't even need to be a separate weapon slot. It's just pointless and adds bloat. The cod way of stabbing people works fine

this basically

either make it a proper arena shooter or make it a proper tactical shooter. being in that weird middle ground of fake "skill" barriers like having to equip your knife to run or "recoil patterns" are just stand-ins for sprint buttons and ironsights anyway. they serve literally the same purpose (lowering your offensive ability to move faster and making first shots laser accurate for high skill ceilings but also punishing spray n pray tactics respectively)

I love fallout 4 because it feels more up to date engine wise and generally comfier, I also enjoy it more than skyrim.

Fallout 3 was definitely more poorly written but it was more enjoyable to actually play than New Vegas

Morrowind AND Skyrim were both better than Oblivion

So an fps, walking sim, copycat, the very thing killing the horror genre is your idea for the best new direction. Please explain.

exactly. If cs wasn't cs, and was released today as a brand new series, nobody would defend any of this stuff. There's a lot of things in cs that don't make any sense really but people will defend them because it's cs and "it's always been that way"

Other M is the only good Metriod game.
DmC was better than DMC 1-3 because at least it was fun.
Windwaker is tied with Skyward Sword for worst console Zelda.
N64>PlayStation
Souls series is tedious trash not challenging fun.
Controller>M/K.
SMT as a whole, except Persona, is a shit franchise stuck with bullshit game mechanics from the 80s that is in a desperate need of an update
The first person perspective ruins literally every game except FPS.
Arkham series went to shit when it went open world.

EA's Battlefront was a step in the right direction for the franchise.

>New vegas is boring
>Fallout 3 had a more endearing atmosphere
>Fallout 4 was more fun because it was streamlined on a more polished version of the engine
>Oblivion was better than skyrim purely because I hate Skyrim itself and loved cyrodiil
>Batman Arkham Asylum is the best game in the series of batman games becahse you get to play as joker for real
>Arkham knight is second best because harley is playable
>DmC was fun and generally had better physics and camera than the original series
>Gta 5 is a good game without online
>Female protags feel unnatural to me because I'm male
>Bioshock 2 is actually more fun than 1 and has more weapons/plasmids
>Bioshock infinite is shit because of the jittery controls, more lighthearted cartoony graphics, and its above water setting. They even fucked up burial at sea with those shitty graphics and a forced female protag on the 2nd part.
>isometric and point & click games are annoying and antiquated and anyone who likes them is a contrarian.
>Sonic Adventure series is the best series of sonic games
>Classic Sonic games suck shit

I literally come here to do the opposite of what Cred Forums tells me and I enjoy every decision I've made.

Thats what people want though is how its always been why would you change the game if thats exactly what fans want?

The Sims 4 is nice

>New vegas is boring
>Fallout 3 had a more endearing atmosphere
>Fallout 4 was more fun because it was streamlined on a more polished version of the engine
>Bioshock 2 is actually more fun than 1 and has more weapons/plasmids
>Bioshock infinite is shit because of the jittery controls, more lighthearted cartoony graphics, and its above water setting. They even fucked up burial at sea with those shitty graphics and a forced female protag on the 2nd part.
Agree with all of these.

>Oblivion was better than skyrim purely because I hate Skyrim itself and loved cyrodiil
I like the general concept of Skyrim in the lore but the game didn't exploit half an inch of what was doable with that region. They took a safe as fuck route, made it boring vikings in the snow and relegated everything that's cool about the region to lore books and occasional mentions.

>isometric and point & click games are annoying and antiquated and anyone who likes them is a contrarian.
They're extremely niche but there's a certain cachet to these games that's hard to find in other shit. Point and click games can be genuinely nice when they actually have charm and humor, but they're pretty much a dead genre.