ITT: God tier special editions of games

ITT: God tier special editions of games.

February 14th can't come fast enough.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4QplekU3T7c)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How tiny/shitty is the bag?

man Persona 4 came with the free soundtrack
why do I have to preorder the special edition for it now?

I wanna put the preorder pins I got for smt4a on that bag.

>mow those pins are small as fuck and most likely fall off the bag over time

41cm x 25cm x 15cm, based on the size of Japanese school bags

>All this for $90
Based Atlus does it again.

Don't forget XSeed and NISA

Hold on, let me get out my abacus...

But that's shit.

What if they decided to include the OST from the Japanese version?

Also, steelbook reveal.

pic unrelated?

Damn, I'll probably get this even without a PS4.

Game's not as good as it could have been, but it's a fucking amazing CE. The artbook alone sets a standard. Hardbound, faux leather, leather straps binding up the spine, and the content itself is gorgeous key and concept art mixed with an actual journal format book documenting a man's quest to update the venerable Emperor's Guide to Tamriel. Statue is legitimately nice too.

Well fuck, I like the clean aesthetic of the big fancy CE's steelbook better than that one. Or is that going to be how the CE's steelbook will look as well?

But it still reminds you that the game is a fucking letdown.

I think it applies to the regular steenbok and the Take Your Heart edition as well

Both images say "art not final" so maybe they'll be changed in release?

This cover is better than OP's

>atlus gives japan this for both consoles (youtube.com/watch?v=4QplekU3T7c)
>atlus USA shits out a $90 american special edition with a partial OST and some cheap accessories
>omg thank you based atlusUSA-sama!!
kill yourselves before you shill yourselves

Eh, it wasn't all that bad, and I'm still playing it now and then. It's a fun enough diversion, and I hope that Zenimax Online/Bethesda learn that they've got a lot of work to do if they want to cut into the MMO market. Plus I'm a sucker for all things Elder Scrolls.

>tfw not available in Australia for literally no reason

I hate living on this shitty island

Just gonna get the regular edition. Special editions are usually a huge waste of money.

It comes with the sweet ass steel book so I ain't complaining.

>Namco still hasn't revealed collector's edition for Tales of Berseria

Goddamit.

I keep jumping on them because I'm at the happy momentary intersection of limited responsibility and decent financial gain where the idea of paying double for a game I might like so I can have some decorative baubles for my shelves is appealing to me. I don't get married til next year, and my bills are under control. It's also what's been prompting my purchase of figures and new guns.

That Steelbook is fucking gorgeous and convinced me to pre-order it.

I'm with ya OP. Pre-ordered and picking that shit up in person on release day, or so help me.

>>reddit

Oh you sweet, summer children.

I'm 31 and the last truly great collectors edition was WarCraft 3; it was amazing and heavy as fuck. And being old, I equate weight = value.

That's when I was 17 years old; 14 years ago.

In those 14 years I have seen maybe one or two collectors editions that were actually worthy the money. Each one had an official Steelbook; not those chintzy glossy knockoffs that scratch up the moment a dust particle lands on it.

Gears of War 2 had a bretty gud collectors edition; came with a badass Steelbook, artbook and picture of Dom and his wife, Maria. (RIP)

99.91% of all modern collectors editions suck ass.

So don't get your hopes up.

You know what?

Don't even bother hoping because you'll always be let down and disappointed.

God is dead.

>Dat Steelbook

Hhhnnnggg!

This special edition convinced me to buy a PS4 instead of a PS3.

is this some inside joke i'm missing?

>tfw my PS3 slim is still working and ready to go

Thank god. PS4 has nothing I'm into yet.

>School bag and toy

Good of Atlus to know their audience!

>dub only
i think i'll opt for the E3 flasher edition instead.

I'm glad my Raiho will finally have a friend

Just turn off voice acting, nothing is lost.

>MFW I just bought a PS3 Slim from Walmart this week for $150.

Almost every game on it is $20 tax free on Amazon including all of the compilations have come out: Assassin's Creed Ezio/American games, Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection, etc.

PS4 has no games I'm interested in.

Xbone S has Gears 4 coming out, Titanfall 2 and Gears 1-3 backwards comparability so I might get one of those in the next month or two.

Vidya faggots are notorious consumers and OCD suffering retards.

Plus Steelbooks are cash as fuck.

Makoto is cute! I want Makoto to cuddle with Phantom-kun! I want Makoto to kiss Phantom-kun! I want Makoto to have pure consentual sex with Phantom-kun!

This one is better

Fuck Reach; shittiest game in the Halo series behind ODST.

We knew going in that Reach was going to be glassed so why bother making the game?

Just to explain how Cortana got on-board the Pillar of Autumn?

That game sucked.

>based on the size of Japanese school bags

Well I know what I'm not taking to class.

not talking about the quality of the game but reach's collectors edition is one of the best things, sometimes I still read through halsey's journal, it's great

i'd ride that motorcycle

i like voice acting, i just don't like dubs.

I'm taking mine to work.

>firstprints gets raiho
This was during the time before Atlus became the superjews of today.

Looks neat.

>Velvet room envolope with a DLC card in it
>4 disc sound track from various Persona titles
>artbook
>game

VS
>schoolbag
>Person 5 soundtrack
>plushie
>artbook
>steelbook with game

Honestly seem about even to me. I'm a sucker for Steelbooks and care very little for DLC or paper inserts in CEs. The soundtrack is tempting though.

>steelbook that I actually want over the regular box
Am I dreaming? Is Atlus magic?

they've both only got partial soundtracks, but the 5CD japan one has cool remix tracks for each game
i'd feel better about the american LE if i knew they'd have the same things in the artbook, because i could see AUSA going either way on that
and i have low hopes for the steelbook because AUSA hasn't had very high quality packaging in the past; i have both the japanese and american LEs for dancing all night, and the american box and CDs are remarkably lower quality

When I played HuniePop I turned off the voices but then on my 2nd play through I turned them on and they weren't that bad.

Some of them were really good and/or funny.

only 5 more months guys !

Just import it. Don't have to deal with a shitty dub either,

is this the steelbook thats going to be in the CE?

i can get past a game with anime-esque art having english voices, i just play and watch things with their original audio whenever possible.
also i gave all the persona dubs so far a chance, and i've hated all of them.

Why is she blushing?

Shes embarrassed that the color settings on your monitor aren't adjusted correctly

I think its both for the regular steelbook edition and the "you're an idiot for not rushing to your local GameStop to preorder the[/spoiler] Take Your Heart edition when it was first announced on the net" version.

You can still preorder the take your heart edition

Don't move... The NEET's vision is based on movement

>local gamestop
>not Amazon or Bestbuy to get 20% off the price

How is this still a thing? Why do people still shop at ShitShop for New Games when Amazon and Bestbuy give you 20% off new games.

>no one has posted Witcher's broken statue yet

>shitty dub
Shouldn't you be on Cred Forums?

Cred Forums also has dubfags as sad as that may be

All of it is probably poor quality.

But I actually want to understand what I'm reading. I'm a filthy EOP.

Because I can go on the day it comes out and pick it up from the Gamestop literally outside of my neighborhood.

I don't trust online ordering when it comes to video games. Nothing ever shows up on time.

>not wanting to get it immediately the day it comes out

>Preorder game from amazon
>choose free slow shipping because it doesn't actually make a big difference to me
>it arrives on the actual day of release anyway
This happens every time for me. I don't know what it is, I must have some kind of wormhole that leads from a distribution center to my doorway

>gamestop shilling
>"day of" despite "day of shipping" for video games and the fact bestbuy also has physical stores you can get them the day of
>and bestbuy won't sell your preorders

I'm expecting the next shitposter to say something along the lines of
>he can't afford an extra 20% for every new game

dunb animeposter

Does it included the exclusive personas?

yes, that and the costumes of the school uniforms of 3 and 4

I only got the special edition because i wanted the artbook. I could care less for all the other shit. Fucking jews, i remember when the artbooks used to be preorder bonuses

Or just a soundtrack with 5 tracks

Actually for some reaosn this just made me realize something

People will probably sell the art books alone on amazon and i can just get the game

BEST CE COMING THROUGH.
MAKE WAY FOR SOVIET MIGHT

Should I even bother getting the game now that the twist is spoiled
Seems like something really important

But at what cost?
When people spilt up special editions, they hike up each individual part to the point where it nearly pays off the special edition itself.

Like the baby hand in MGSV was selling for 80bucks, while new copies were selling for 120 after the fact.

Now you can buy a new edition for 70. And Persona doesn't really seem like a game that people will part out like a bad car or company.

I got the artbook of Time And Eternity because I got them at Anime Expo for free because the game was shit and the developers were ridiculously desperate to get rid of their extras (storage space per month is expensive after all)/spoiler]

>Live in Phoenix.
>Major Amazon distribution center downtown.
>Always get shit delivered in 1 day without fail.

feelsgoodman

Agreed.

I took a cinema class and they played Spirited Away with dubs.

I argued that the dubbed version was not what the director envisioned and showing the dubbed version violated his artistic integrity.

Essentially ethics of cinema.

Well I convinced the instructor to play the original subbed version but everyone in the class hated me for the entire semester since they had to read subtitles.

Fucking plebs; they're the cancer that's ruining society.

Where do you fucks find the space to put all this special edition shit? I had to stop buying CE stuff years ago

Maybe you should actually get a house, user.

Youre both an asshole and completely correct.

stop being a hoarder

The director did not envision the subtitles for the movie so those are also unethical. Any form of translation is a bastardization of an artists work.

tfw holding persona 5 IN MY HANDS but ps3 is packed away until next week

I do but I don't want my place looking like a childs playroom

Any guide/list for the max Co-op persona combinations?

It's best to discard the stuff you don't like then if your house is staring to look cluttered. Honestly how much CE do you have that are meaningless to you.

>still waiting on mine to get here
I guess it's a good thing Fatlus is taking forever to localize it, since I'm guaranteed to get it before they do their job.

I only preordered this edition for the bag so I can do a Ryuji or Protag cosplay

>bought gf a really expensive bag for her bday
>orders this collectors edition and is 10x more excited about this plaistic piece of shit

You should be glad your girl doesn't care about just a price tag. Just git gud at relationships, you shit.

i dont need any relationship advices from 4chin

She wanted the bag, she'd pointed it out to me months before and I'd remembered it
Ah well, lesson learned. Cheap plastic weeb shit from now on

>Buying your GF anything.

Fucking Cuckasaurus Rex.