Zarya is a special kind of anti-fun to play against

Zarya is a special kind of anti-fun to play against
- She can plasma shield friendlies instantly from a distance
- Her own plasma shield, combined with her health + shield type pool, give her extremely good survivability
- When her beam even so much as nicks a hair on your body you're subjected to an infuriating loud harsh noise
- Her plasma shield "cures" a lot of effects at the same time too

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Eij0MvVjZ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

m'kay

I don't think she's a huge problem but I do wish her barriers didn't remove biotic debuff and discord orb

This is why I say that Zarya is the best tank, because she tanks well but also acts as a support.

>being frozen by Mei?
Zarya bubble
>Reinhardt charge?
Zarya bubble
>a fucking Roadhog hooks your teammate?
Zarya bubble to save them every time
>tracer ult sticks someone?
Zarya bubble

She can save people from a LOT of the ults in the game, but she can also protect teammates using their ults (reaper, pharah).

Half of her health regens over time, so she has really good survivability.

Takes off status effects like Ana grenade like OP said, and has the potential to deal insane damage

Plus her ult is one of the best, if not the best ult in the game.

Overall one of the strongest characters in the game. A good Zarya can hard carry a team to win.

they should make all hear health regular health, the fact that she can regenerate half her health if she can just hide long enough or kill off enough people to avoid damage for a short while is kinda stupid

I disagree that all her health should be regular, considering that the other tanks have some sort of special health (except roadhog, but he has the most overall health).

But doing 1/4 of her health as shields instead of 1/2 would be a fair balance considering she only has 400, the lowest of all the tanks.

She exerts a degree of control over the game that no other hero really matches.

>Play Lucio
>Teammates charge her to 100
>Can't even get away from her with speed boost because the speed boost nerf fucked me in the ass and her laser reaches space at 100

Lucio's quality of life is getting lower with every update. I just want to scoot 'n' boop.
I'd like it if they added a full on skate mechanic, where, say, if you held jump, then when you're on the ground you tuck into a high speed low drag skate stance which controls like a Reinhardt charge.

I think she's perfectly fine. Doesn't need a buff or nerf. Her shield has a 10 or 11 sec cooldown, so take advantage of that once you see her use it. Don't shoot her shields, and she's weak as fuck. I main her, I know her pretty well.

>I main ____
Mainers are pond scum.

Meanwhile, Blizzard thought it was good decision to remove an aspect of Genji's mobility.

I don't play JUST her, but if I had to, it'd be her.

Blow through her shield and focus her down. 2 v 1 her unless your Reaper if you know her shield is on cooldown. I know people say don't fire at her when her shield is up but focusing her down tends to work despite her shield. It has limited HP. Her 100 charge means shit if she dies a few seconds after you bust her shield. If she has all of her teammates around her. Then usually it's best to take her out first since she'll shield supports more than likely and get powerful off of your team just feeding ults and damaging who she shields. But if you can confirm a support kill than by all means. Otherwise it's usually OK to trade if it means killing Zarya. Also for the love of god DON'T PLAY JUNKRAT / TORB / SYMMETRA! You give her free 100 charge to wreck your shit with

Genji is still way too strong desu. He's a regular pick and can still clean up with his ultimate.

Having said that, Tracer is some seriously OP bullshit. I'm playing around the 3400 mark currently and you see some ridiculous Tracer skills at the high end of diamond. Everything about her is fine except the incredibly short blink CD. She's too good at getting in and out of situations completely unscathed while putting in some big damage while she's there.

Don't forget her teamkill ult and 200 health regen pool

He still reks ass you fucking faggot.

She's cute though

This is truth.

Was thinking about Tracer recently. Still not sure how she could be rebalanced without gutting her playstyle. Maybe lower damage on her SMGs, but less spread too, taking away her ability to point blank maul enemies?

>it's a WHY CANT I 1v1 A TANK AND/OR MY COUNTER, THEY NEED A NERF thread

What makes you whiners any better than Dotards or LoL babies when you complain about balance every time something doesn't go your way

>you will never be hugged like big fuzzy siberian bear

Why do you think zarya is in every game?

Don't remind me.

God damn.
You faggots are a special kind of bad.

I because she's the best secondary tank in the standard 2-2-2 team comp everyone likes to run. Winston and D.Va are fair substitutes depending on the situation, she isn't NEAR as useful on defense though.

And what kind of argument is "she's in every game"? There's a Lucio or Mercy every game, how's that any different?

There was a reason that happened, and you fucking know it

Because they are overpowered.

>support characters
>overpowered
pick one besides zenyatta

So you're telling me two of the four healers in the game who are the MOST oriented towards healing and not situational debuffs are overpowered because their primary existence is to heal and nothing else?

You're just jealous she's hot

Bless us with your knowledge that isn't something retarded like "Don't shoot her"

>Holding your fire for literally two fucking seconds and retreating is retarded
>Fighting ANY tank toe to toe alone will always have a route to victory

You do realize a 0 charge Zarya does as much damage as a squirt gun, right? Fuck I'd argue Zarya without a barrier on deck is the most vulnerable tank in the game considering she has the lowest health pool

>character does more damage when you shoot while shielded
>not shooting shields is "something retarded"

See:
I bet you also complained about Bastion being OP back on free beta/early release days.

Zarya has never only 0 charge not in even pro games.

Great job being retarded, you're implying the rest of the team isn't retarded, and pretending as if as 2 people being invincible during a teamfight isn't going to cause problems

"Don't Shoot Her lol" is the worst fucking meme

>mfw playing as DVA and shooting her ult down

Yeah and Tracers and Reapers rarely die in pro games, do you have any concept of skill ceiling? And I can also guarantee you Zarya dies FAR more often in pro games than she would anywhere else because she preys on retards who don't know how to fight her. You're literally just that fucking bad

What's so annoying about zarya is the shield/bubble doesn't just make her/her teammate invincible , it makes all projectiles and shots that clip the bubbles radius disappear

It's so stupidly OP, I can't as mcree shoot the healer behind zarya because this fuckhueg bubble is in the way, like, just why

Blizzard has to nerf this at some point, its fucking stupid HURR IM INVINCIBLE NOW GET FUCKED

>fighting a D.Va as Zarya
>she tries to use her defense matrix

Thats the most annoying shit. If she's got her shield up and the jets are on cooldown I just throw up the matrix so Im only taking damage from one asshole.

>implying the rest of the team isn't retarded

Wow, its almost as if teamwork is imperative in a video game where there are only six players per team. It also seems that without this teamwork, some characters are powerful, but if teamwork is used, that powerful character isn't as much as a threat

Fucking neck yourself, you're not intended to fight Zarya (or any tank really) 1v1. If you're team can't handle it, how is that the game's fault?

>Great job being retarded
great job having problems dealing with one of the most predictable characters in the game

Do not nerf my girl Zarya, I got to diamond playing almost exclusively her and and I have no intention to stop.

From my point of view it's hilarious every time. On the other hand it's hell to target zerosuit D.Va with the beam, or maybe I'm just bad

Zero suit is so fucking hard to hit because she's a skinny asian teenager who jumps like an NBA player. When my hentai mech gets killed I immediately start unloading on the Zarya that killed me while thinking "DONT YOU DARE POP THAT BUBBLE YOU BITCH"

No, it's fucking hard. Keeping a pencil-thin beam with an unclear range on it on a moving target is fucking difficult, especially if it's a small, nimble one

I just use alt fire for slippery enemies

When Zarya is used, you win. Every time. If Zarya is not on your team in comp, you lose. Every time. She's OP.

>multiple points as to why she's just good against shitters have no replies
>posts like this still being made

I fucking give up. Cry all you want, it won't make you any better at the game. Not to mention by that property, just play Zarya. If she's so fucking broken, take her for a spin and see how well you can do

I want to make her pregnant

the problem is that genji and tracer take more skill to counter than to play

She's literally a braindead tank
More than Reinhardt

>See your teammate going in? Bubble
>Oh shit free 50 charge because they're right in the middle of everything
>Go in, pop your own bubble
>Oh shit another 50 cause you're also in the middle of all the fire
>DON'T SHOOT HER BRO

Ok, i'll just let the rest of their team kill me since we can't kill her or the healer before their team wipes us either

>JUST WAIT IT OUT BRO

See above
It doesn't matter if her DPS is low with 0 charge
DPS is DPS and it's going to kill you

Welcome to Overwatch! The game where every character is OP and balance doesn't matter.

I fucking hate these "plz nerf" threads

Played against a goddamn terrifying Genji today. That motherfucker was jumping all over the place and pulling out his sword more often then a weeb at a convention.

Zarya apologist are more sad than McCree's back when he was wiping out tanks in 2 seconds flat.

You know how your whole team runs and hides every time NERF THIS is announced? That detonates in 4 seconds. What makes running from a dyke hair Russian with a buddy with a bubble around them for 2 seconds any more difficult?

You idiots cannot comprehend disengagement, you don't just sit there and let them flop their cock on your face, turn tail back to the rest of your team and RUN. THAT you can fucking do for two seconds

>being this bad
>being this mad about being bad
jesus christ dude
how about you go play her and see how "OP" she really is, you'll learn a thing or two about he weaknesses that you might be able to exploit next time you fight against one
you should do this every time you have problems with any hero, you god damn retarded mother fucker

>mcree
>zarya
>genji
>tracer
>not op

It'd be weird if you didn't.

In addition to that, Zarya and/or compatriot is then vulnerable having attempted to prey on your idiocy and over extends. And now you're with your team to properly deal with thrm

>"You vil take responsibility, da, Misha?"

Zarya is more anti-fun to play. Maybe if her clip size wasn't so FUCKING MICROSCOPIC.

>players shouldn't be rewarded for utilizing a difficult to play character to their fullest potential

It also doesn't help that the tracking on her laser is fucking atrocious. You need an aimbot or a 2000000 dpi mouse for it to be useful even at full power.

I think it needs to tick damage faster to compensate for how often it isn't actually on target.

It's fine, she's the only tank to have no actual armour as part of the health pool and she has the lowest health of all the tanks.

But as said it probably shouldn't remove biotic debuff and discord orb. And on that matter Reaper shouldn't be able to shift into wraith form when trapped in Junkrat's steel trap.

You don't use the beam.

You bomb at her feet when she's zero suit form. It's incredibly easy to kill her in 2 - 3 bombs.

How fucking hard is it to point and hold down the button? Are you that fucking bad?

>"Oof I may have to cut down on the veight lifting.."

Kill yourself if you are this bad with a beam weapon

>he's never played Zarya

as much as i dislike everything about her, she's a necessary evil
cures the mei / roadhog / discord cancer

it's fine at >80 power
i actually hate her M2 though, it should not knock characters away

zarya is sexy. i want to marry with her

>Zarya
>Extremely good survivablity

Not even close. Her shields only have 200 health so if she's by herself she's mince if you just target her or wait the 2 seconds and her damage is pitiful if not at least near 50 charge.

She requires her team to do anything but most pubs are too stupid to target her before she gets out of hand or they just keep spamming shots into her shields.

Her Ult is a bit ridiculous though and is almost required for team fights, just look at the comp scene and she's on almost every team. I just don't think her bubbles are the issue.

I want to make her feel like a lady

>Zarya is a special kind of anti-fun to play against
Then that makes Tracer and Genji retard special by comparison

>if she's by herself
WHY would she even?
Considering half her charge is based on team mates why on earth you you stray far from the team?

what game?

Low mobility + bad teammates.

Idiots that run away or fall back without telling the tank what the fuck is going on will very reliably leave zarya alone.

Every time people argue about balance, they assume worst case scenarios against whatever character you're arguing is OP

It's annoying really

what survivablity ? beep bop

they should scale up her bust a bit

Christ, has every single characters gotten one of these threads yet?

No one cares about Torb and probably never will

>Bastion
>Ever

lol

t. low level shitter

Bastion is the new meta.

>play Zarya
>full power
>charge the enemy team
>see my enemies crushed and driven before me
>hear the lamentations of their women

Praise Crom

>2-2-2
>Not 3-3

>Using DDs anymore at all when Ana exists

>Mercy when Zen is around

lul go back to a few months ago nerd

E-Excuse me? Say that again? I can't hear you over how much of a benefit I am to my team.

Reinhardt mains are always welcome.

The day Blizzard buffs Bastion (and it's coming since they balance the game around competitive play only) is the day quickplay completely dies.

>want to practice dps
>always have to play reinhardt
It's okay, I guess

>normally suck at tank characters
>forced into playing one sometimes so pick reinhardt
>slowly but surely becoming a helpful member to teams

it feels good to be the fucker that helps bring the team into the point so they can wreck shit.

90% of matches fail because teams don't stick with their tank

people abusing reinhardt's shield and ability to kill people is unstoppable, charge alone is a fight-winner

I could see them overhauling him to be less of a cheese character and lowering his DPS if they ever do buff him, so maybe not.

As he is now, Bastion is absolutely useless on his own and nigh unstoppable with good coordination.

I'm only Daimond, but Bastion + Reinhardt + Mercy tears shit up, even on offense.

>good coordination

It's not really good coordination and that's what makes him such a pubstomp hero. It doesn't take much effort or teamwork to set up a Bastion + Rein + Mercy combination but you need to a good team working together to beat it.

>Tracer
>difficult to play
I stopped playing her because it wasn't funny anymore
Shes the safest hero AND has crazy high DPS and a fast charging ult.
She has a built in self heal that makes her invisible and invincible and high mobility.

I don't mean standing still in a corner somewhere, I mean punching through choke points and safely moving the payload. Bastion can be a legitimate threat on attack.

>be playing bastion on QP (because I would never do this in comp.)
>I'm on attack, pick bastion as a joke and pretend I picked soldier 76
>We're all soldiers now.wav
>Whole team goes ballistic on me
>BRO FUCKING PICK ANOTJER CHARACTER OH MY GOD. FUXKING CANCER
>Tell them its cool, I got this
>gate opens and I run out in recon mode gun ablaze
>enemy pharah tries getting up high to mess with the team
>not on my watch, luckily I had her one weakness
>bullets.
>she doesn't switch the entire game and I shut her down every time she ulted
>we won the game and I got gold in object., kills, and damage done with a silver in time on cart.
>only person still complaining about me was the Hanzo shutter whose POTG I stole from him.

POST SR

3200 here

>Luckily I had her one weakness
>bullets

thanks for the laugh mate.

That fucking weeb at a con line.

Played with a guy who bought the game a few days ago, but played 1000s of hours on tf2. He mains mccree and genji, and god damn he was amazing. Most of the time he was picking everyone off while we were pushing.

That's the issue

Try to deal with a team mate, especially a DPS character, a good Zarya would respond and use her ally shield

resulting is wasted seconds on a DPS character that's busy killing your team while also charging Zarya's own DPS

>safest hero
>can be 1hko'd from a sneeze

>her one weakness
>bullets

Damn, that was a great line

What can counter the 3 tanks 3 healers (and other variations) strategy

bastion?

I play bastion in ranked and i leave chat and voice until the potg

Sheild only has 200 health its not fucking invincible learn to focus her down you fucking idiot

Then she gets free charge you fucker. Are you that idiot who always focus her shield?

Why did they nerf Mercy's "Piece of cake" voiceline in the new ptr?

youtube.com/watch?v=8Eij0MvVjZ8

If i could make every faggot in overwatch follow one simple rule it would be engage with your fucking tanks not sit back and poke while your tanks get melted

Playing tank or support is true suffering. Yet everyone else always insta locks on dps so someone's gotta do it.

you know a team focusing her kills her right? like if her sheild pops, zen discords, people shoot her that 100 charge means nothing. i mostly play zarya and a team that focus fires is a pain in my ass

> everybody still complaining about nerfs that need to happen
> Symmetra still bottom of the tier lists since day one

Even reducing her sentry cool down time from 10 seconds to 6 or so would help drastically

>Zarya is the only hero who can meaningfully control the outcome of the game

Yeah I guess in a game with forced 50, I understand the overshit community would dislike people trying to control their fate.

She got new voicelines in the PTR patch last night that suggest she is getting buffed sometime in the future. One line suggests she will have up to 10 teleport now.

the old line sounds like she was holding in a sneeze

>10 teleport
Nerf when?

Excuse me, but the suggested funposting name is"Overmeme" thank you very much

>blizzard still balances this game like shit and doesn't deal with sandbagging goons, leavers, and le epic trolls
>Cred Forums will meme arrow this post with their "advice" making jumps to conclusions because they are one of the 3 listed above

It's a shitshow. I admit this is my first Blizzard game, so I thought everyone was just exaggerating about their balancing. They really have no idea what they are doing.

>i play bastion in ranked

You're a special kind of faggot

>Nerf when?

Well it actually gives a lot more incentive to actually hunt down the teleporter rather than letting them trickle in and killing them

Lucio Mercy Pharah Bastion Tracer Reinhardt

Roadhog is only regular hp, Zarya has shields but no armor.

What's the best way to climb to diamond? I'm stuck at 2800 for days

Find a group. I'm thinkig about throwing my discord out into one of these threads but I feel nervous about doing so.

>Play Rein in solo quickplay
>Try to push the payload
>the other 4 dps separate in diffrent directions trying to 1 v 6 the other team one by one
>they keep dying
>we lose half way through the second point
>check my medals
>Gold Elims, Gold objective kills, Gold objective time
>They blame me for not helping

>getting 1hko'd when you're literally always behind your target

>implying medals mean anything