Please, tell me how this game is good. I'm being honest. I played as much as i could and I really don't see the appeal...

Please, tell me how this game is good. I'm being honest. I played as much as i could and I really don't see the appeal. I can't see how it hot Goty in 2015, let alone people saying it's "one of the best ever made"

Every time someone gives me a list of "reasons" for why this game is a "masterpiece" half the list is full of generic and loaded answers, and the other half is shit other games do better.

It's so bland and boring, and I'm not even baiting when I say that.

>It's so bland and boring
Huh, kind of sounds like a generic and loaded answer

/thread

Why does someone need to justify to you whey they like a game? If you don't like it, fine

Not your cup of tea. You think everyone is just making up they like it? All the high review scores & game of the year awards part of some conspiracy? Or people have different tastes & you need to get over yourself?

This just in: OP doesn't enjoy a game that others do. Still wants to talk about it!

Ok, fair enough.

A lot of its praise comes from the amount of side content there is, but 90% of the side quests are comprised of going to the marked location, using your Witcher sense to find something, following the red trail, killing the few monsters in the area it led you to, then returning to the original person who gave you the quest.

Then there's the fucking card game they shoved in there for no reason at all?

The Main quest and story gets just as old too. Take the whole Red Barron quest for example.

nICE BAIT BRO YOU SURE B8ED US HAHAAHHA

From what I understand that card game that they "shoved in there for no reason" is well liked & has gained quite the following.

It's more like seeing retards praising a piece of steaming dog poop on a paper plate as art when you know damn well its just shit on a plate

You're a fucking faggot, dude.

It's a typical story-heavy game with half-assed gameplay thrown in. It's not terrible, but it's definitely not worth any of the praise it gets.

Gwent is by far the best part of the game.
People like it because it has a pretty fleshed out world with fairly good humor and choices that generally matter, at least a little. Geralt is pretty based too.
The combat is absolute shit though, so fucking boring.

this could be said of any well liked game discussed here. Just because you dont like it doesnt mean you have to have others justify why they do.

>Then there's the fucking card game they shoved in there for no reason at all?
suck a dick, man

They implemented gwent so they can turn it into a standalone game to make more money because they know Witcher gags would buy and support anything

"OI WITCHA! YOU EVA PLAY GWENT BEFOAH? COME EN SIT DOWN AND LES PLAY"

>he doesn't even like the bloody baron quest.

People love the game because of a multitude of reasons, I personally love it because it's well written in a time where Bioware's games are still referred to as having good writing (they don't.) the universe is interesting and unique, the characters are all engaging and fun to learn about, (even the ones I hated) and it actually gives the player choice. Beyond that gwent is addicting and fun and I bought the witcher 3 after I became so disgusted with everything in Fallout 4. It was a welcome change. Probably spent at least a couple hundred hours playing it.

I assume its the story and character stuff, because even based on videos you could tell the actual gameplay wasn't good. I'm sorry if you picked it up expecting great gameplay, but at the same time you really should have known better

It's AAA open-world westernshit so it's automatic GOTY for gaming journalists.

I'm in exactly the same boat and am thinking about modding it in order to actually try and make it decently playable.

"I'll tell you where she is, but first I'm gonna take you on an irrelevant 2 hour adventure that'll amount to nothing in the end"

Geralt: OK

Follow red trails, find clues, Yada Yada.

"You abused them and they ran away"

"OOOIII, YEEE GOT MEEE"

"Now listen as I force feed a shit ton of lore to you and the player through awkward and unnatural dialogue that you clearly don't care about as I follow you around with that botchling, while ghosts attack us just cause."

"Botchlings become lubberkin when this happens, but Botchlings can't become lubberkin if this occurs. Lubberkins are botchlings when this stuff happens. Botchling botchling lubberkin lubberkin botchling"

>Let's make a game and then put a sidegame in it that has the quality of a standalone game

Boy they sure got us.

You're a fucking idiot who believes shitposters. Why don't you play the game for yourself instead of having people tell you what to like you enormous queerbag?

its ok to not like things. having bad taste is not a crime

Fun Fact:

People can and will never talk about TW3's gameplay. Because gameplay is irrelevant to their support of the game. They don't care if it's a good GAME or not, they just care that it's THEIRS to brag about.

Honest question, can you completely seriously and without self-deception, tell me that if the game didn't have "lol best graphix 2015", if it just looked like any other ugly Third-Person Hack-n-Slash, you'd think it was the best game ever made?

You wouldn't. Because without the graphics, it's a plodding, tedious slog with horrible combat and clunky movement controls and no interface or interaction systems that actually make playing it a quality experience.

But you CAN'T review the game. You can only review the graphics, and pretend that's the same thing.

You're taking the small handful of people who say "GOAT OMG" and ignoring that pretty much everyone who likes it says it's a pretty good game and they're happy with that.

My computer can't run graphics for shit, but I thought it was a simple and fun game. It's not the best writing I've seen, it's not the best combat, it's not the best gameplay, it's not the best anything. But it's pretty good with most of those things and it's great for people who just want to explore and fuck around. As much as it may offend your preferences most people are casual gamers and most people are fine with that.

Please tell me you're not still at it Thebull94.

I like the combat, but the severely limit the player at lower levels. So you end up with bland combat for the first 10 hours or so until you level up enough to get more than 2 skill slots. Also I hate the card game, FF8 did it better.

My main problem with the game is the way your damage is tied to your level. You can play perfectly against a monster and still take over an hour to beat it because you're underleveled. Are there any rebalancing mods yet that fix that?

There is literally no reason to dislike this game unless you hate Polish people.

OP is probably a British chav or a Russian gopnik

If my PC can run dark souls 3 at about 40fps at minimum settings could it run the witcher 3?

Ciri

i haven't played DS3 but TW3 is well optimized

My PC struggled to maintain 30fps in dark souls 3 and I could keep 60 on high settings in witcher 3 as long as I had hairworks off.