Alice madness returns

It wasn't that bad, the end sucks, but it wasn't that bad after all

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/19680/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

a bit of art attack then

It was a good game but it had so much content removed.

really? what kind of content?

I enjoyed it, but the gameplay got repetitive for me.

This games been on my steam wish list since release, never seen it on sale. Not paying $20 for it though. Gonna keep waiting.

it's good, give to it a try

...You poor thing...it was just on sale like last week. It was up for grabs for $5. I've yet to install it and play it.

I attempted to play it but never got far in it at al,l wasn't bad just didn't feel the need to keep going, I want to fug Alice tho

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNND it's gone

Yeah last levels were clearly rushed because EA did want to give them more time to finish the game. EA and many other big companies cut so much good stuff out of games to meet ridiculous launch dates. Sadly Alice MR has more stuff cut out of it than Deus EX HR.

I have the massive art book that you can buy for it, there's alot of concept stuff that was intended to be in game that was cut alot of it look super promising. In fact it's one of the best game art books ever made which has has many reprints.

to fuck a girl who has mental problems?

Very few games since then have had better art design and imagination. I can't think of any that have but I will give the industry more credit than that I guess.

so that's why the end sucks

2 full levels, boss fights, more lore and deeper level design

EA games are never on sale for long bruh

Nothing like getting stabbed after cumming inside

Hell yeah nigga, broken girls da best

it's a shame, the game is still great

People seem to love harley quinn after all.

Are you serious? Fuck me, I was on a business trip last week. Ofc.

Yes well only 90s kids will get this

who is in the middle?

I understood that reference.

kratos would win

>No fucking boss fights
>combat you could fall asleep in the middle of
>linear design, absolutely no sense of adventure. Felt like I was just holding forward then mashing square to swing the knife until the game ended.
>Some of the most iconic characters in story-telling still somehow totally forgettable

That being said, I've played through it twice. What I liked was
>edgy and bleak art style and story
>playing dress up was fun
>engaged enough in the narrative to actually care to find out what happened to Alice, why her home burned down, and what the therapist's involvement was about
>transitions from the real world to wonderland were interesting

I am actually shocked any here likes it. IMO it's an objectively bad game, but I still like individual pieces of it, added with the overall lore of McGee's Alice, that I ended up enjoying it overall.

Son of a whore.

no boss fights, just at the end

Is this first one still worth playing? People seem to like the story here.

Hmm. Currently you can't buy it on steam.

store.steampowered.com/app/19680/

The end doesn't suck, is just....WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?!

this game includes Alice McGee 2000

If only touhou alice was there too.

For me it's a sort of "you play it to admire the visuals" kind of game, as retarded as that sounds. Fuck the dollhouse level though, that was overly repetitive compared to the rest of the overly repetitive game.

No it isn't. It's serviceable at best.
Enemy variety is limited, environments are pretty but lack much variety in the actual platforming elements. Combat is generally just rinse and repeat your basic knife combo with dash canceling when necessary (the dash looks baller as fuck though).

No real puzzles and the hidden secrets are almost all very basic.

It was a great concept that COULD have been a great game but sadly will never be realized.

Well, I beat the game with the pepper grinder

I see, ok

This. What I hate most about the game is seeing how squandered the potential was. It could have been this really great edgy, hot-topic-core, yet still really visually beautiful at times, rape/molestation >DAMAGED femme revenge story. The combat could have just been passable for the game to really be a staple, but literally everything except the art fell flat.

and the end sucks

I got it last Halloween on sale, best chance I'd assume to get it cheap then

>remaster never ever

Who said it was bad?

Some games are definitely like that. El Shaddai is another example where the gameplay sucks but the visuals are amazing.

The gameplay sucked
Atmosphere and characters were a 10/10

I wish the first game was on Steam, too lazy to rebuy the second game on Origin just for the first one.

I've enjoyed playing the game, but it gets exhausting after a while. I kind of wish the levels were more split, rather than having only a few really long levels.