SF5 thread. How's everyone enjoying Urien?

SF5 thread. How's everyone enjoying Urien?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DgN2J2JrZTM
youtube.com/watch?v=agur0dg18R8
youtube.com/watch?v=_XXAyrqKvk8
youtube.com/watch?v=KNZTiQ9lAYA
clips
twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/779233789469831169
youtube.com/watch?v=3CBEVIDwge0
youtube.com/watch?v=zwalITH_cGY
youtube.com/watch?v=ap369ES-6Xw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I love bitcoin miner V

Where's Q?

Im liking him but I need to work on these v trigger cancels, it seems like all his damage is locked behind them. Ryu gets a billion damage from ex tatsu into ex dp whereas ex headbutt into tackle is rather uninspiring

another charge character

No thanks

>playing malware

He's a struggle. Hopefully someone can figure a few things out, otherwise he's gonna end up like the rest of the DLC sitting in the ugly section.

For those wanting thong urien: select any costume/color, then hold LP+MK+HP during the match loading sequence until match starts. Gets a unique intro with it, works with any color/costume and such (keeps any cranial accessories too).

This ideology seems familiar
Is there something we know you as?

Story?

>hold LP+MK+HP during the match loading sequence until match starts.
Thank you, I matched against a couple guys doing it but I didnt know how to do it myself

If you're serious about learning Urien I'd practice a few bnb's and then look up some videos tomorrow/this weekend
There will be some stuff out before you know it

>9/22 Client-side Security Update
SEPTEMBER 22 - WBACON [CAPCOM]
Hello Street Fighter fans,

>As a part of the new content and system update releasing later today, we’re also rolling out an updated anti-crack solution (note: not DRM) that prevents certain users from hacking the executable. The solution also prevents memory address hack that are commonly used for cheating and illicitly obtaining in-game currency and other entitlements that haven’t been purchased yet.

>The anti-crack solution does not require online connectivity in order to play the game in offline mode; however, players will be required to click-confirm each time they boot up the game. This step allows ‘handshake’ to take place between the executable and the dependent driver prior to launch.9/22 Client-side Security Update
SEPTEMBER 22 - WBACON [CAPCOM]
Hello Street Fighter fans,

>As a part of the new content and system update releasing later today, we’re also rolling out an updated anti-crack solution (note: not DRM) that prevents certain users from hacking the executable. The solution also prevents memory address hack that are commonly used for cheating and illicitly obtaining in-game currency and other entitlements that haven’t been purchased yet.

>The anti-crack solution does not require online connectivity in order to play the game in offline mode; however, players will be required to click-confirm each time they boot up the game. This step allows ‘handshake’ to take place between the executable and the dependent driver prior to launch.

tl;dr you're actively putting your computer at risk if you play SFV right now

new meme

What implies risk?

tl;dr People who don't even play this game are shitposting about nothing.

it runs in kernel mode to avoid detection by your computer, you have to turn your antivirus off and give it 4 layers of admin permission to work. Running in kernel mode fucks it because of how easily exploitable it is for someone to rootkit your pc through it

the game the cerebral assassin the king of Kings the Connecticut blue blood triple h

urien is cool, cant wait to play with him against my cousin tomorrow. more importantly though, one of the weekly missions is to "find sakura"

WHERE IS SAKURA

The epilogue of Karin's story.

I hope it's hinting at her inclusion in season 2.

I really regret buying the season pass since every DLC character is so much worse than the base cast

Just sweet shit, thank fuck he's better than Juri and Ibuki

This game sucks. I'm not enjoying it, at all

>people actually want sakura
Karin has been bad enough, we dont need anymore of this shit

>Rog, Guile, Alex
>worse than base cast

What's wrong with Sakura?

The only one of those that is arguable is Guile and even then I would really struggle to say he's good

damn, couldnt remember; i checked the ibuki one cuz of the phone call. she's in more than one persons story and capcom has to know just how much the waifu/general audience wants her. it would be kind of retarded not to put her in next, especially if they wanna make up for lackluster sales

WHERE THE FUCK IS GUY

WHY DID WE GET A SHITTY INFERIOR FRAUDULENT NINJA INSTEAD

You never shutting the fuck up about her

Why all the DLC characters suck?

This is like the first thread I've mentioned her in, specifically in response to that other user's question.

Don't be so mad.

>waifufagged to hell and back despite being a profoundly bland character
>annoying playstyle
>In her mid twenties and still wears a highschool uniform
>serves nothing to the plot despite people acting like shes integral to it

I like Ibuki.

See you in 3 days chum.

Rog is easily upper mid tier and Alex is a solid mid
Dont let memes blind you to reality

What's this 2100d error I'm getting when I try to login?

>Uriens story

WHEEEEN?

Have you always been able to knock people into a cannon and fire them into the sky on Karin's nighttime stage?

No, today's patch added those enders to a bunch of stages

neato

So do I user, so do I. But you can't deny they're bad.

Is it true if you select Urien with jab forward fierce you play as him in the thong? I keep hearing it but haven't seen pics.

It's LP, MK and HP

true

I really, really want to see how a Guilty Gear player as battle designer handles an airdash character in this game.

Gotta hold LK+MK+HP while it loads

what type of release method do you guys like for dlc characters?

1-just release the character without fully testing and let players balance test for you. know that the character might ruin the game's balance, but assume its not an issue because you can patch it later.

2-finish the character completely before releasing. the character wont be obvious top tier on release but will fit into the game better.

>you bought all the season 1 characters with fight money without spending a single penny

feels good, man

>doing player matched with urien for practice
>ken player quits

fuck this

Obviously #2. Who would ever choose 1? It's Capcom's job to finish making them, not us.

Holy sjit Ive never fapped to a single imagen before but here I go

If you pick Urien, and set the game to find you ranked matches, sometimes it makes you play Ken for no reason.

Who cares about Urien, discuss the new Halloween DLC stage and Effie

2, especially since the patch schedule in SF is concerned heavily with not disrupting the CPT season

>use exploit to get FM and buy everything I can
>capcom caught on to my shit right before urien's release
>just docked all of my FM/LP

I barely play the game as it is and most of my group doesn't play it at fight nights anymore.

Still, I'd like to give Urien a try. He looks like he could be fun in SFV.

But Ken's great.

#1, temp ban them from tournaments and release a balance patch after a short period following release working out any major kinks found by the greater community rather than a small in house group of experts who rarely place

Halloween stage might be cool when it's done
I don't really give a shit about Necro

Downside of #2 is that devs directly influence a character's tier placement during testing by finding tech, and in most cases are nerfed so they can't quite compete with top tiers

t. Mobashitter

Season 2:
Akuma
Sakura
Necro
Makoto
????
????

Oro
Gouken

M A K I
A
K
I

Started it up, got into a match, teleporting everywhere with a person who played like there was none on their end, quit game. Good to see nothing has changed since the beta.

I would love to see at least 2 new characters per year.

As lame as it is to steal from ASSFAGGOTS, it's a much better plan than letting characters be useless until CPT finishes

As long as they're not all just Dolls, sounds great

>Good to see nothing has changed since the beta.
this is funny in a sad kind of way because the netcode in the beta was actually pretty good

So the alternative is a chaotic scene of constant patching and movement in the tierlists
Just think of tournaments. This isnt like a moba where the compnany has more control over the competitive scene and can restrict players to certain patches
At best TO's can ban certain characters

>play for 15 minutes
>finish all missions

When do these reset? I could get used to this ez money

Ed is all but confirmed for S2

There are missions now? I didn't see any when I was playing a couple hours ago
How long are they up for?

why the fuck do we gotta go through thr vs screen in training it's fucking stupid

Because that's when it loads the stage and characters

there were two 6 day ones, play a ranked match, do a story and do karins story and one 2 day one which was just play a ranked. Maybe your client didn't update properly. they're in the challenges menu

Balrog is low and Alex is hot goddamn garbage. None of the DLC characters even get near top 8 and there's a reason. Urien seems like a stronger contender though, probably the same strength as Guile.

New char hype! All the dlc chars are ass including urien.

SFV is just a shitty game in general

He has an amazing crouching medium that is safe on block. He has amazing mix ups and damage potential without meter, with meter he can do almost 50%. He has mix ups, over head 50, 50s and is insanely fun to play. He's at least high tier. Bet everything on it.

You gotta blow all your resources to even get close to 50% and he has shit damage without meter. He's not gonna be high tier at all. Bet your life on it.

Also literally everyone has a safe crouching medium. Urien's sucks cause he can't even cancel his cr. MK AKA the good low medium.

it's really sad how sluggish and boring urien feels in sf5 compared to third strike

fighting games are devolving

sad but true

His crouching medium punch is better than the kick, just the fact that you can set it up into aegis or cancel it to literally anything and it is safe on block allows him to apply pressure and look for openings.

His cr. MP is decent but it's not a low so that makes it mediocre at best. Him being able to cancel it into specials would be cool if they all weren't punishable on block.

It's really not a bad option. New characters banned at tournaments isn't a new thing, and in house testing is always wrong about how a character will develop in meta

What do you mean it's not a low? And if you use specials when they block then you deserve to get punished.

youtube.com/watch?v=DgN2J2JrZTM

Cr. MP can be blocked high. His regular MP is already good as fuck since it now hits crouching opponents and has better range.

Not to mention most of his specials are also punishable on whiff which headbutt does a lot since it doesn't hit crouchers and has bad recovery.

I found him to be okay but his damage output on long combos is laughable.

youtube.com/watch?v=agur0dg18R8

He relies too much on V-trigger. Without it he's pretty trash. With it he's okay at best. You can never really use V-reversals with him and it doesn't help that his V-skill has long recovery and seems worthless.

youtube.com/watch?v=_XXAyrqKvk8

All capcom has to do is say x character is banned from CPT events till patching and anyone running a CPT even follows suit and most people not probably do too.

pro tip: never listen to anyone on Cred Forums about fighting games, no one knows what they're talking about. Even I don't know what I'm talking about, but I'm not stupid enough to act like an expert on characters that have been out for less than 24 hours.

Guile has anti airs and a halfway decent fireball though and an actual invincible reversal.

delete this

It's easy to tell what's wrong with a character. It's just a matter of time to see if anyone finds any thing that makes people change their mind.

You use his vskill if you ever want to build his v meter in a timely manner, the super armor is a bonud

What is sakura's mission?

Can't wait to get back home tonight.

I like him, but I don't like the game anymore sadly.

And his normals are all complete fucking garbage at midrange. Crouching MK is a complete joke compared to Nash's. And his sonic booms are laughably unsafe unless if done from 3/4 screen distance. And he has to spend meter for his invincible reversal.

Breach Guile's 3/4 screen safe zone and it's pretty much all over for him unless he gets a correct guess to knock you away again. The 8 frames of input lag and numerous nonsensical things you can get away with in this game don't help him either, since he's a defensive character.

All in all Guile's biggest flaw is the game itself. His stubby normals are the second biggest, and the higher recovery on booms to where throwing one is a commitment unless done from full screen is probably the third.

I really like the stage kos they added, it just shows a bit more effort being put into the game

Also lp mk hp in 3s got you a different colour, so that is a pretty neat reference

C.Viper probly the closest to confirm.

It takes time to learn a new characters, there are some guys rocking out Alex, Guile and Ibuki right now cause they had to figure out those characters for a couple of months.

>"You pathetic insect...!"
>caption says "foolish worm"

W H E N ' S Q

What's the best method to beat Urien's normal/hard survival?

Urien is comfiest character

>on pc

I cant. It doesnt boots up. fuckin cappycommy

I like how his other costume keeps that majestic hair too.

So how are the new rings out ?

Pretty good
youtube.com/watch?v=KNZTiQ9lAYA

Ingrid is the only character that's really guaranteed, but Abel is looking likely as well.

>Ingridfag is here

Abandon thread.

I'm sure is enjoying this malware.

Am I the only one who misses the shoulder juggles? Those in conjunctiom with aegis reflector shenanagins were the hypest things about him in 3S

I do but I also think they made his other stuff a lot more useful as well.

>Easy to tell what's wrong with a character
>Everyone was saying Ken is shit at the start
Wew

I think Urien is probably the most boring dlc character so far. And probably the most boring character in the game. And I don't mean he's bad, I just mean that his playstyle isn't interesting at all. His fireballs are good, but his v-skill is boring, his normals are what you'd expect, and his charge moves are the definition of mediocre if they aren't ex. I feel like this character is suffering from an identity crisis, because his fireballs, charge moves, v-skill, and v-trigger hardly compliment each other in a creative way.

Why didn't they change him a bit more like Alex? Alex is a better character now but Urien just feels like a meme character at this point. And STOP giving these characters shitty v-skills, Capcom. I want an interesting tool, not a temporary buff for your next attack you lazy pieces of shit.

Urien has this exact same issue in 3S and the only interesting thing about him was combos and reflector setups.

>For those wanting thong urien: select any costume/color, then hold LP+MK+HP
My dad told me that Akuma is under the truck in the NY stage

LIJoe had the best reaction clips twitch tv/thisislijoe/BadSnailPRChase

In what world is his V-skill bad?

Where does Balrog fall in terms of tiers?

mid

Gameplay-wise he's serviceable. Of course he's not the crazy rushdown monster from 3S anymore, but he's still overall fun. I fear he may be another low tier DLC character though.

But personally I'm much, much more disappointed in how he looks. They missed so much of what made 3S Urien cool looking.

Just to name an issue: Urien's skin. His regular skin isn't actually tan. His skin is a bit paler and his hair is actually blonde. When you see him becoming tan in 3S, it's because his skin becomes literal bronze. His entire character was a reference to Greek mythology themed statues like Riace Bronzes and The David.

All of that stuff and much else that made the character so cool in 3S has been totally retconned.

His new outfit is cool, but at the end of the day he lost much more than what he got.

At least he still looks like Urien. Alex got it even worse.

Who gives a fuck about giving your next charge move a hit of armor? A single hit? WOW COOL. It's not like Rog, Alex, Birdie, and Laura gets the same shit select ex moves. And I'd rather use the meter than break the flow of my fireball zoning or basic pressure to do a little pose for a temporary buff. At least Ibuki can charge a kunai in the middle of a combo/pressure.

And sure, it's useful to have that armor. But come the fuck on.

Abel since he already has a model

C. viper since she's quite prominent in story mode

>Who gives a fuck about giving your next charge move a hit of armor?
On any charge move I want without using any meter? I'd say most people

I love his playstyle.
Good fireball, actual footsie tools, long reach.
He's great.

>Who gives a fuck about giving your next charge move a hit of armor?

I dunno, a character whose specials are almost all charge moves that also propel him forward? Sure, characters like Balrog have that, but only by using meter. It's pretty fucking useful.

This is about context. If you isolate my question, then it sounds silly. But my point is that it's probably the least interesting v-skill you can design for a character. And I'm not too sure, but do you lose the buff when you're hit or if there's a time limit on it? Because doing the v-skill is just holding up a giant sign saying "I'M GOING TO USE A CHARGE MOVE SOON, SO DON'T THROW FIREBALLS"

NIGGAS IN THE CLUB DOING AEGIS REFLECTOR

You give up pressure to go for it.

It's a little bit lackluster in creativity but it's something in the same sense that Alex's V-Trigger is something

>If you isolate my question, then it sounds silly
Because it is and your attempt to frame it as useless didn't work, you don't even know what you are talking about with as you ask

>but do you lose the buff when you're hit or if there's a time limit on it?
No

> just holding up a giant sign saying "I'M GOING TO USE A CHARGE MOVE SOON, SO DON'T THROW FIREBALLS"
How much of a bronze shitter are you? You don't even see the mind game that creates

I think it is interesting as it changes up what he can do with a lot of moves, plus it fits well with him having metal skin

twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/779233789469831169

>your attempt to frame it as useless didn't work

I'm framing it as "boring", so fuck off with your attempt to put words in my mouth. I said a couple times already that it has a use.

>You don't even see the mind game that creates

You can neutral jump in place 10 times in a row from full screen and it creates a better mind game. I want a better tool than a bluff BUT IS IT???.

>I think it is interesting as it changes up what he can do with a lot of moves, plus it fits well with him having metal skin
I wasn't knocking the V-skill actually

Sometimes Alex's V Skill is fucking awesome, other times it's not very helpful.
I think Urien's will have the same sort of deal. Will probably help out more in the long run compared to Alex.

I wish I could launch game.

Run it from steam or try in admin

That is actually the best thing ever

>who gives a fuck about giving armor on the first frame on any of your specials
>Cred Forums talking about fighting games

I have tried
checking cache
running from steam
running from folder exe as admin
deleting the entire game and downloading it again
turning off anti virus
giving firewall permissions

What's boring about it? It compliments his moveset, adds a new layer to his game plan, and fits the character's thing with metal skin. Would you prefer something potentially less useful just because it's flashier?

Did they give Juri new particle effects?

I honestly forgot this game existed. The DLC model and them caring more about costumes than the game itself really turned me off. I'll come back to it when there's over forty characters in 2018.

What? First time hearing this.
I haven't updated the game yet so I can check it out for myself.

Played him for a few games then got bored and went back to playing 3s. SFV is just fucking dogshit trash lol

Funny you say that because LTG was looking forward to Urien the most

patch crippled my framerate, dunno why

Welcome to the PC master race

>Game has been "simplified for a wider audience" aka casuals who just want to mash buttons
>Slow as shit movement and walk speed
>Huge floaty jumps with next to no horizontal range
>Tiny ranged normal's
>Tiny hitboxes on everything
>Normal's have a shitty priority system
>Throws are slow as shit with no range
>Links are gone and combos are now mashable
>Huge buffer window
>No close standing attacks
>No neutral jump attacks
>Dizzy making people fall out of combos
>Game is full of comeback mechanics desinged to "lower the effectivness of player skill"
>Only super can chip kill
>V-Trigger a huge universal buff you get as a rewarded for losing
>V-Reverasl a get out of jail free you are rewarded with for losing
>Receve less damage the less health you have
>Worst roster in a street fighter game to date fan favorites replaced with characters no one wanted like birdie and rmika
>Risk/Reward is skewed due to high damage from jump ins yet pitifully low damage on anti airs and how you can no longer get large damage punishes from a jab
>Huge amounts input lag
>Constant fps loss on ps4 and high end PC's
>Random input drops
>Dumbed down mechanics
>Top players already saying the game is casual garbage
>P2W
>Game literally released in an unfinished state
>Online doesn't work correctly
>No punishment for rage quitters
>lobbies that dont even work most of the time with no flags or ping
>8 frames of input lag

The DLC model is like one of the few actual good things about the game. Being able to grind in-game for characters rather than having to buy new installments or expansions is fucking great.

Tell me if you also see updated particles.

Can you post screens?

>Would you prefer something potentially less useful just because it's flashier?

I've already explained myself a couple times already so I don't really feel all that upset about it anymore. Just a little annoyed that dudes are assuming I want the extreme opposite of things I dislike.

If you compare it to most of everyone's v-skill being both interesting *and* useful, it's with Alex as one of the least interesting. Because while useful, you disrupt your pressure/neutral for a bit only to slightly change your playstyle. I personally wouldn't call it adding a new layer, but we'll see in the future just how much people rely on it.

Sure, i know that there is a mod that also turns them purple, but i have not installed it.

Sure that isn't the mod which does that?

Damn, that's cool. If only he turned bronze after that.

Pretty sure that's the mod.

Well he already is really, plus you have negro install still

Can't remeber installing it, but i did find it in my sfv folders. Wierd that it started with this patch.

>The DLC model is like one of the few actual good things about the game
yeah no

What's the downside to it? You can get everything through playing the game. It's easy as shit to get enough for the first 1-2 characters even while playing casually in a really short period. It also means no more rereleases that cost money like Ultra and shit like that.

sure as hell it isn't, yeah, you can probably get the first batch of characters for free, but after that we have gone from $15 for an expansion to 30 for 6 characters.

I beat every trial, story, and the expanded story+EX mode and have enough FM to buy every character with well over 200k left over.

Throw in beating survival on easy with everyone which is piss easy and you can have a huge chunk of change for season 2

>Capcom.sys

>but after that we have gone from $15 for an expansion
That was just ultra which took already made models and put them in sf4, at the end of the game's life cycle

Plus we have dailies now and they've said more sp content is coming. Plus now if you don't want those/all characters you don't have to spend any more money and you get the updates for free

Q

It's not that they're bad, it's just that they suck shit compared to Nash/Karin/Chun/Ken.
Like if there aren't balance changes after CPT, I'd be a little concerned about the game's lifespan. I can't remember if thwre were 3 or 5 Nashes at EVO, but it was fucking ridiculous the amount of retardedly safe BnBs and light punches into super going on.

Interestingly, there wasn't a single Nash in TGS top 15.

They aren't "dailies", they're weekly.

Fireball in a game where everyone has an easy antifireball move. Footsies in a game that isn't about it and the reach is okay I guess.

Decapre
Oro
Rose
Actually fix the game and remove the shitty input delay.

There are about 8 characters everyone agrees to be above the rest, for a vanilla version that is good. All the mid tiers (which is the majority of the cast) can challenge them and at worst are usually 6-4s. That really is not bad balance, there are games which lastest a decent amount of time with worse. That said there is stuff that needs balanced

Also Nash isn't that strong, he is one of the lower of the top 8,

You dont know shit nig.
The fireball fucks with plenty of anti fireball moves because it can be delayed. The hitbox is also huge and he can set up offense behind the slow one.

Footsies are always a thing and if you disagree you dont know shit.
Its what makes characters like Karin and Chun so good.

So about 2 frames.

It also charges V-Trigger, so you can launch an Aegis Reflector earlier.
Just use it on knockdown.
Ya dumb.

But there isn't footsies, best characters are rushdown. Don't you know this is Cred Forums

>2 frames.
Try again, capcom.

>"DLC characters are bad!"
Remember when Gen was bad?
Remember when Seth was bad?
Remember when Yun was bad?
Remember when Makoto was bad?

Hell, remember when people thought SFV Ken was bad?

>Seth
>DLC

Became playable in a version update.

Really liked the idea of these challenges, should make me open the game and play for a bit more often.

>Gen was bad
He was bad for several versions.
>Seth was bad
Not DLC
>Yun
Damn nigga is straight overpowered when he came in and I'm not sure how
>Makoto was bad
She was bad when introduced and got better with buffs.

SF5 doesn't have any strong DLC characters yet.
Time will tell if Urien will be the first.

Uh, no.

>Makoto
>buffs
Go play 3rd Strike on Dreamcast, newpal.

>>Gen was bad
>He was bad for several versions.
He wasn't, Gen has some great shit but was never explored early on

thats gonna be my new wallpaper

Makoto wasn't DLC there.

In SF4 home edition he was only really good for his infinite.
Despite the buffs he got when he lost that it wasn't enough to make him relevant until a second update with nothing but buffs

EIGHT FRAMES
>EIGHT FRAMES
EIGHT FRAMES
>EIGHT FRAMES
EIGHT FRAMES
>EIGHT FRAMES
EIGHT FRAMES

Update your meme, we don't let unpatched ones in the thread

Update your brain, the game is still 8 frames innate input delay, some controllers were adding an extra frame ontop of that which has been removed.

EIGHT

FRAMES

It is unified to the average of 7.1, which means it will be under 7 frames

>Docking LP as a punishment

maybe if you're like 15-25k points but all you'll be doing is playing retards in Bronze and Silver for free wins.

Incorrect on both accounts

That's indeed terrible. I hate this game, it's a very shitty game. It has 8 frames of input lag. What an amateurish game. Capcom sucks. People who like the game suck.

Reminder that 8 frames of input delay removes footsies and strategy from the game and basically turns it into a mashing slugfest

youtube.com/watch?v=3CBEVIDwge0
youtube.com/watch?v=zwalITH_cGY
youtube.com/watch?v=ap369ES-6Xw

I'm not gay but Vega's got a nice ass.

It's not gay to recognize beauty.
It's gay if you like this though.

That's just ugly

Reboot!

Pink Makoto is best Makoto