I was at Walmart today, just kind of strolling through the gaming section and saw that endcap with the gaming cards...

I was at Walmart today, just kind of strolling through the gaming section and saw that endcap with the gaming cards. You know, the Facebook points, the Steam cards, etc. I saw a stack of Neopets cards. I had no idea that that shit was still around? I poured HOURS into that online game/community/whatever. I had several pets. My and my friends loved it around 5th grade.

I went to the website, and it still looks virtually EXACTLY the same. It's kind of amazing - even the Flash maps and games are still there.

I wish I still new my login info.

Yall wanna talk about Neopets?

Haha holy shit, it really does look exactly the same.

I guess they figured just ride it out as long as it makes some money.

>it still looks virtually EXACTLY the same
I assure you, the early site is blatantly unprofessional compared to now.

It's owned by jumpstart now and the cards get you neomall cash to buy items to dress up your pets. There's clothes you can buy with standard neopoints too.

I still visit the website, though the only things i do are the dailies.
Wasted many hours on the minigames just to get that 1st place trophy, though most of the time the devs refused to put me on the leaderboards because of some bullshit reason.
Pic related is one of them.

I played this shit for fucking hours every night from the age of 10 to about 18. I sunk way too many hours that I would actually like to remember, however the wesbite was pretty fucking sweet when it first came out. Now it's just a fucking soulless cashgrab, but i do sign in every once in awhile to feed the little fuckers. and battle for some codestones.

All i remember is getting up early for school and trying to buy faeries from the shop to sell on the marketplace.

>Unsealed donut, fruits and sub
How many kids got sick?

All I ever wanted was the Ghostkersword.
Too bad it costs like 500 billion neopoints, and no one has that much but featheralley.

aw, shit. the ghostkersword was a sweet ass weapon. is featheralley still playing?

>jumpstart
Jesus Christ I'm impressed they're still around

No clue, but she was the richest person ever at one point. Weird how the top end works, lots of shady business I think. Ghostkersword is the shit, and some of those treasure cove items are baller as fuark.

yeah definitely. i still remember when (forgot user) put his robot jetsam in the pound and she adopted for x amount of neopoints. it was fucking crazy.

I'm a 27 year old man but seeing this I am fighting every urge to go and make a new account.

>I wish I still new my login info.
tfw I completely forgot both username and email so I can't even ask what my username was
I miss you, my Lupin ;_;

I somehow ended up in a neopets RP group before I really knew what RP was

My Lupe had a girlfriend and everything

If they made the fighting game a 3D game with controls and not html, I'd jump back there with no thought

I figure most people who played Neopets in their childhood have moved on to FlightRising by now. It's the same thing but with dragons, updated webcode, and less advertisements.

>mfw account still around
>mfw I log in every now wnd then to bask in nostalgia

Too bad you can't use the classic site layout

if they would just fix the fucking battledome in general things would be a little better. shit has been whack for like 5 years.

What is dead may never die!

gotta put those pets in the neolodge every now and then.

I logged in on Hissi day to nab one for myself. Too bad the skins are so expensive. Neopets brings me intense nostalgia for the 90s-early 00s even though I never played a lot of it. Remember when stuffed neopet dolls were the McDonalds happy meal toy? Those were great.

I have them sitting on my bedside table

I lost mine. I'm tempted to buy a few off ebay at some point. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

Idk what the prices are but there was a shitload made so you can probably get some for cheap

I get all the neobitches on this neodick

>that starving Grarrl

Feed that poor thing you nigger, it'll literally eat anything

That nigga been starving for about 7 years now, I think he'll get by

How do you even make so much money in that game? I remember through the stock market you could potentially make 30k-60k a day, but that's about it

You make me sick

There is some new daily slot machine that is free and nets me between 5-100k a day, depending on how many days in a row you do it. That is literally the only daily I do and Ive almost hit the bank interest exponential growth point

still, even one billion will take you 30 years at that rate

Kinda reminds me of checking out gaiaonline after 7 years or so. I was all 'Hey I still have 2m gold not bad'. I go to check the marketplace. Fucking 100m gold is cheap as shit.

If you had your login info and had any limited edition stuff from the early days you could have sold it for thousands of dollars

They fucked up with an event that gave gold far too easy and have been trying to manage inflation for years since. My gf works on an art team thats sole purchase is to make gold sink items to attempt to stabilize things.

>I poured HOURS into that online game/community/whatever
holy shit, hours? This guy doesn't fuck around

I still log in everyday, but restocking is a chore and so is pricing the stuff I buy.

Wowie. That's a lot of digital currency. How'd you do it?

did they ever bring keyquest back?

I go off and on with neopets every once in a while, but haven't touched it after that immediate dip in quality when jumpstart took over.

Just restocking. The account has been at 300M for the past year, it's not even that much.

>mfw I forgot all about this website
>made my first online screen name and it was based on Cloud from Final Fantasy.

Oh, boy. Rushing to the middle school library at lunchtime to play this shit every single fucking day.

Still broken along with many things still broken.

Zafara are the best pets prove me wrong

of course. jumpstart was a mistake.