Is esports real or just a fad?

Is esports real or just a fad?

Other urls found in this thread:

pvplive.net/c/riot-esports-future-includes-crowdfunding-and-part
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If its a fad its been a fad for over a decade and it keeps growing. Bigger people are getting involved and investing in it.

>best pound for pound fighter in MMA, Mighty Mouse, is going to be in a vidya tournament
Think about that for a second.

a real fad

Competitive gaming scenes are a real thing, but they shouldn't be called esports because that's a shit name.

esports its not a fad, the games are

This is the right answer

The only reason Broodwar died is because Blizzard killed it for SC2.

this along with sc2 being trash for some reason.

im still not sure how they fucked it up so badly.

Is anything not a sport these days.

Fuck yeah fake hype! Join the mother fuckin hype bandwagon!

Reminder all """"pro"""""" counter strike e"""""""""""sport"""""""""""" players cheat.

It's real in Korea but crazy people are getting into it here.

It is, in all honesty the sign of a dying civilization.

The International 6 had a prize pool of 20 million dollars

First place one 9 MILLION DOLLARS

You tell me

Except for that people in the higher weight classes could rip that head off and fuck it if they wanted.

The name "esports" is really, really cringey tbf but it's hardly a fad. The constant changing of which game is popular will prevent it from going mainstream though

>you tell me

Here's how I know you're not in your twenties.

t. knows nothing about combat sports

No one watches a match to see who would win in a street fight, mate

Sure senpai how about you prove that

why do people always think LoL or CS:GO when people talk about Esports but no one ever mentions Dota 2?

Dota 2 is fucking enormous, players earn more money than most professional actual athletes

H Y P E

>players earn more money than most professional actual athletes
Source?

because dota's a fucking boring game that only the gookiest people like.

I'm an MMA fighter.

Currently sitting in a bed robe feeling like hell. This isn't for everyone. Mighty fuck probably couldn't even deal with me.

TOO MANY DICKS

EASY TO FIX

>TI6 literally had a larger prize pool than any sports event on the planet

Gee I wonder.

>ppd and fear have earned the most money
>rtz the eternal choker runs eg now

Retarded balance.

See, executing drops as Terran in Brood War took skill. It doesn't take much skill at all in SC2 and it usually has high rewards for low costs. It is one of the multiple cheesy faggot strategies that exist for each race. They tried to give every race "interesting" units but it's really just cheesy shit.

Oh, fighting Zerg? You have to constantly worry about a stream of lings running into your base that cost a pittance of ONLY minerals to produce and will kill an entire base's mineral line if they do. How much skill does it take to run them in? NONE. With virtually zero attention. Yet it takes great amounts of attention and a good bit of precision/skill to defend these faggot trains.

It's basically a game of trying to cheese harder than your opponent and wear them down by having them mess up against your constant backdoor attacks. It's really not about who attacks effectively, it's about who doesn't defend effectively. Brood War was the other way most of the time.

Not just here, just generally across all Gaming media. Its as if Dota is an invisible elephant nobody ever mentions in the fucking room. I don't understand the phenomena either..

And every single real life athlete is on roids, so what?

>Is something decades old a fad
No you retard

And I'm Shigeru Miyamoto. I come here to check out possible Nintendo game ideas for the Western market

>"((((esports))))"

I watch replays of pro Starcraft II tournaments all day long on twitch.

>tfw still suck

Make Donkey Kong again and suck my dick.

All other esports are dogshit compared to dota. Just in terms of excitement and hype. Not to mention readability of the action on screen.

The only Esport is SC1:BROODWAR
You young pieces of shits just don't understand.

pvplive.net/c/riot-esports-future-includes-crowdfunding-and-part

dota 2 players on suicide watch

It's a fad, just like the internet, computer games in general, the cellular telephone, streaming video, and the horseless carriage.

>Not to mention readability of the action on screen.
holy fucking shit this, how do you people even watch LoL the game is so muddy and ugly I can never even tell whats going on

The only esport besides Dota 2 I can follow is Hearthstone because of this

too bad League lost 50% of its players in Korea (aka EVERYONE) to fucking Overwatch, the playerbase is bleeding out already

>double the prizepool
>up to 4 million

lel

enjoy your $5 ward though

I tried watching CS and Overwatch. Too messy and the small plays they make are easily wiffed and missed out due to poor spectatorship.

Heroes of the Storm is not too bad when you play it, but watching it is the most brain dead shit ever. You can tell the commentators ran out of things to talk about 10 min into the match and just repeat shitty shit all the time.

You're probably right.

Everybody thought the clam shell phone was going to be around forever and they you go flat-faced smart phones. Everyone bounded to that. Only the Japanese still use the flipper in the form of a Docomo. I'm not particularly sure why.

Oh and that thing has a really comforting ringtone.

>DOCO
>DOCOMOOOOOOO
>DOCO
>DOCO
DOCOMOOOOOOOO

It's dying out hard. Everyone under 25 has a smartphone. Japs also use Twitter like normies use Facebook.

League always feels like that stupid kid in school who claims his dad works in nintendo. I don't think the game is THAT popular, just Riot shoving their clammy hands on their penis and wanking off to their own masturbatory glory.

The biggest problem with esports is that LoL is THE esport.

>being proud of Ti prize pool based on collective dotadrones funding

My grandfather is over eighty and has an iphone. He's a bit different however, he saw the very fist computers at the lab.

We don't have an age where we stop giving people driving licenses. I guess we don't have the heart for it.

Are you retarded?

>LoL
>$7.50 for a skin
>$5 for a ward

>Dota
>$10 for a bunch of fucking features, terrain, weather, treasure, quests and shit - including a ward, courier and sets and even more shit if you toss more money at it or just play the game

>is esports real?
yes, wtf
>is it a fad?
a pretty long fad if it is

it's funny because those bottom ones will get you banned in overwatch league of legends dota 2 and cs:go.

>banned
>dota 2

you don't play dota 2

>banned in dota 2

>dota
>banned for talking shit

It's a good name because it's short and to the point.

Right, thrown into the matchmaking queue where you're matched with other ragequitting fuckups. Same thing as a ban, just like you can still play after a vac ban, it's just shittier servers, you still play dota 2, just with shittier people.

Or you just get muted crippling your team's ability to communicate entirely and losing games 100% guaranteed.

>Oh, fighting Zerg? You have to constantly worry about a stream of lings running into your base that cost a pittance of ONLY minerals to produce and will kill an entire base's mineral line if they do.

user, I agree that SC2 isn't as fun to watch as brood war, but you are complaining about a zerg rush in the game that coined the term. If you just spawn a bunch of zerglings and a-click them over to the enemy's mineral line, chances were never good in any game of you getting much done if the enemy had any half-assed defense.

>See, executing drops as Terran in Brood War took skill. It doesn't take much skill at all in SC2 and it usually has high rewards for low costs.

Making a drop work well, and not just dumping a bunch of units into the grinder and hoping that you cost them more than what you invested into it, is still pretty difficult, and gets more difficult the more your opponent has his shit together. I'm not sure if you just miss some of the more clunky limitations of the old engine.

If you're just mad about them killing brood war, you can tell us. We understand.

>same thing as a ban

it's not the same as a ban you retard and you don't get sent to low-prio for one game of shit talking

>League
>your account is disabled
>Overwatch
>your account is disabled
>Dota
>WELL IT'S THE SAME THING AS A BAN

I don't fuck around with that kind of shit.

The moment I get even a warning that's unwarranted? I'm fucking out.

I do not put up with petty behavior and stupidity.

>Muh prize pools and twitch viewers are more important than server listings and an active modding community
It's fucking disgusting that the majority of games in a genre that was originally created because wc3 had great modding tools either have none at all or shitty ones added as a compete afterthought

But if you're getting reported enough to go into one of the shitqueues, then you're probably doing something that would qualify as "petty behaviour"

Yeah maybe, but I love swearing in jest or insulting people as such. Fuck your mom and her face but don't let her eat the cum. She's already too fat.

>people get offended by this shit

This is why you don't play these stupid fucking games.

Painkiller was the last true esports game

everything after that is just gookclickers, assfaggots/crapcunts and sterilized fighting games

even the most boring worms armageddon match is more interesting that any of the modern esports game save for maybe rocket league

100% this.

Its only a single championship skin. they will never beat the compendium without something of equal bang for buck. They would have to do like a 10 champ bundle or something

*The top 1%

If you aren't consistently winning, you are fucked. Only the top few teams actually make anything.

They pay even the shit tier teams a liveable salary in LoL. You can be a garbage pro and still live off of it.

>not quake
Dumb gook

if it's a fad, it's a long ass living fad that's for sure

The top players earn more than the average players in other sports, wow!

>I'm too autistic to fit in anywhere besides Cred Forums

And you hardly fit in here edgelord.

real
dota and brood war will live on. russia, china and gorea will keep them alive until they come back around in the west. csgo maybe.