How many tries did it take for you to beat the Cleric Beast?

How many tries did it take for you to beat the Cleric Beast?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=diHQ0qPIYuA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

honestly? i one shotted it but i had 3 other souls games to back me up, ebrietas kos and ludwig were fucking intense though

5-7 dont remember, but i played pretty dumb as a noob
Dont worry, you will git gud just dont give up

1st try, though I probably cheated a bit by using all my molotov cocktails.

I never played that retarded ass game

4-5 times maybe? But to be fair, it is my first souls-esque game. My main problem was that the whole cleric beast didn't fit in the screen close up(depth of view) , so it makes it hard to make out moves it is going to make.

That was my 1st souls game and I did it on the first try too.

I beat him in one go.

He was my second boss though, I didn't find him until after I had already beaten up Father Gascoigne, who took me I believe two deaths to beat.

>one shotted
Do you know what one shotting something mean cause i think you don't.

Point of view*

First try

Then died like 10 times to gascoigne

Beat almost every other boss on first try including dlc

Even kos? What's your secret

Even Ludwig? What's your secret

Kill it first go. Same with the werewolf guy. But then I kept getting killed by that guy who's on the machine gun and never played the game again. Fucking machine guns don't belong in this game.

You got to run around him and get behind him. Or take cover till he's done then run

I walked in with some oil urns and 10 molotovs. can you guess what happend

Took me 3 attempts. Cake-walked the rest of the game until I ran into Ebrietas tho. She took me 20+ attempts.

Beat kos and ludwig on first try. Was actually extremely disappointed with beating ludwig on first try because I had hyped it up in my mind

I died 3 or 4 times to ebrietas from getting one shotted from full health

Also died a bunch of times to Hot Dog before I realized I had to go fullly defensive to beat it

>what's your secret
wot

evade constantly, be aggressive, always heal the moment you're not at full hp

there's no need for strategy in souls game, just be reactive and don't be stupid

yes user, doing something on your first attempt, no retries, in one shot. unless you meant i killed it with one hit? cmon now

i dunno but it took me 27 tries to beat the first boss in DS3 on a keyboard.

I beat Gascoine and BSB before finding Cleric Beast in my first playthrough, so zero.

And be overleveled, get out fucking shit

5 max

lik 2 or 3 on first playthrough but on NG+ i'm not doing too great

But I had help the second time.

As far as I know, one shotting implies you killed it in 1 hit.

Is there a way to get more Blood Rocks? So far I've only found two in the whole game+ dlc.

3 vs. 1, why does this happen so often. Atleast you'll have a chance to dominate in such situations in BB though.

2. i was over leveled and fought the father already and decided to look him up since i heard he was the first boss but it wall too little to late, cant wait to fight him on a new playthrough

You dont know a whole lot, do you user?

Not him but you truly are stupid.

Killed it in one try - what you are talking about.

Killed it in one shot - the clue is in the name jack

Not that guy but he's right. One-shotting is the same as insta-killing

I've never seen anybody use "one-shotting" to say they beat something on their first attempt.

Only once since I fought him after Gascoigne and I was pretty overpowered at that point.

>why does this happen so often

You can only invade people with a bell maiden in their world, which only appears if they summon in most areas.

it was the other way for me
got problems with cleric beast/ and ludwing
killed ebrietas on first try and kos on my 4th

First time I played the game... about 7 times because Bloodborne was my first soul game.

On my second playthrough I beat it on first try.

Like 5 or 6. Then I killed Gascoine first try and only had problems with cleric beast 2.0 in the whole game ( until dlc)

One shot means you killed something in one hit, user.

>Beat kos and ludwig on first try

Why do people lie on an anonymous imageboard?

Either that or you were like SL150+

I tried twice and then said fuck it and fought gascoine first. Beat Cleric Beast first try after that, methinks I levelled a wee too much.

Can be bought for 60 Insight after beating Wetnurse, there's also 3 in chests in Chalice Dungeons, and a fairly decent droprate from Depth 5 Chalice final bosses.

That's 7 without farming if you don't waste too much insight and horde all your Madman's knowledge.

Why is it so unbelievable for you faggots

I played bloodborne after platinuming dark souls on console, then getting demons and platinuming that, then dark souls again on pc, then same thing on dark souls 2, and then playing bloodborne. Almost all my repeated deaths were in the first souls game i played, I died probably 30 times to ornstein and smough. I didn't play bloodborne until I had several thousand hours of playtime under my belt. I wasn't over leveled, I didn't look up any strategies or do anything to cheese, it was the fucking fourth souls game and I'd already played the others to death.

I've also played ninja gaiden black a bunch of times, the dmc series, and probably have 2k hours in monster hunter. Not the same game obviously but I had experience with semi similar games going in. Was bloodborne your first fucking video game? There's probably a fuck ton of people who played bloodborne without much trouble the first time

3, Gascan took like 10 though

Yeah well I have over 300 confirmed kills kiddo

Don't mind that user.
It's not hard to believe. It's just quite impressive.

Probably he didnt even play the dlc and is imagiming he can.
If he did, he would understand that killing the bosses with the larger moveset of all souls game also fast and hard, is a pretty absurd claim. There is no way to best it without learning its moves.
Ludwig charge and jump on the ceiling are one shots and you haven to learn the rythim of the fight which is a change from the while game. Its ridiculous.

>way too lazy to farm vials to fight gherman, whom ive got to like %10 hp a few times
should i just re start? i missed a tonne going in blind anyway. also how is the sword cane? i feel the game seriously lost its fun and unique feel when i got the mlgs last time so i wanna go light and fast this time

Even Laurence? What's your secret?

Beat Gherman for the trophy then start a new game.

One because I threw like five molotovs at his face, managed to stagger him and landed a visceral attack just in time. That was half his health gone before he even had the time to attack once. I still used over 15 vials to finish him off though.

Gascoigne was easy as balls. Blood-Starved Beast though? Fucking seven times.

All you have to do is spend five to ten minutes back pedaling away from a boss while you see what moves it can do. Might use only a few vials by things that surprise you. When you notice the phase change, repeat. Better to spend 20 or 30 minutes on a boss than wipe for hours

If you're not doing this for every boss you're just prolonging your run with trial and error

Ludwig charge is a fast one-shot move that can ony be dodge diagonally left-forward at an exact instant.
You can be god on steroids, you still need to know it beforehand.

Took me 3 attempts, I was so hyped when I beat Gascoigne on my first shot.

check some soulsgeneral, one-shotting is actually used in souls for when you manage to beat the boss on your first shot.

not saying the naming isn't retarded, but user isn't wrong.

Does he do the charge attack when you stay close to him? Never tried this because I'm too much of a pussy and Ludwig scares the hell out of me.

Think it took me about 3 tries, Gascoins took me about 15 though.

The only boss in all of BB I ever beat in my first attempt was Shadows of Yharnam.

typically 4-5 with the cane (best weapon), usually 1 try with the axe (lame weapon).

funny thing is it's reversed for good father.

First of my souls games, beat it in one try with no healing but it was fucking close. Bastard caught me by surprise.

Well outside of soulsgeneral circlejerk, one-shotting most assuredly refers to killing something in just one hit.

Cane is only good for crowd control. It's a horrible weapon (unechanted) for bosses.

no one has really refuted that, user.

can't help it dude. every time i try to play with a new weapon it just feels off, or too button-mashy, or too sterile.

the transformed cane hitting multiple beast bodyparts crashing the framerate with all the blood gushing around and my character waltzing around the monster is just fucking exhilarating. i can't play the game any other way than skill cane, god knows i've tried.

10 or 15. Probably more.

Soulsfags confirmed for retards.

1 for Cleric
1 for Gascoigne
I had more problem with Amelia

>i one shotted it
Don't use 'one shoted' while talking about soulsborne bosses and meaning 'won on my first try' because some of the bosses really can be oneshotead as in killed in one hit.
Google 'Dragon King tour through Lordran' if you're curious.

I defeated it on the first try.
But I tried Amelia so many times.

One.

2 or 3. I died because I was greedy as usual..

2 tries but I got stuck the first time so I don't really count it

I beat every boss in this game on my first try without dodging and without taking damage once. I don't get people who say these games are hard.

0 tries, already played dark soul 1-3 before trying bloodborne, so I didn't even have to try

user...

Wish I had yell sound as ringtone
youtube.com/watch?v=diHQ0qPIYuA

Did the same while blindfolded, one hand on a braile terminal describing the scene on screen in real time, holding a baby in other hand using only tongue to push one button in different patters for controls.

>I don't care if they are your friends user, i told you to stop talking to these people! They are bad influence for you.

but why would you and 4 other anons assume meant "oh yeah i killed it in one hit" when the op specifically asked how many tries it took? not everyone is here to boast

>get gun and saw
>shot gun
>wtf no damage almost?
>i bet it must be for parrying
>first try fucked this nigger

Read my post again. I didn't assume nothing like that. Just explained why it might be confusing to misuse 'oneshot' in DS/BB threads.
Got plenty of posts like that on /bbg/ and /dsg/ on /vg/.

Answer is pretty clear isn't it.

Dumb google

1 but I used all my blood vials

Orphan of Kos took me two afternoons

One try.

I actually found gascione first so I already had levels when i fought the cleric beast. He took me at least 10 tries, probably more like 20.

Because there is no other human being on this planet who uses the term one-shotting the same way he does, making his way of using it wrong.

I use it both ways.
Almost never am I going to kill a Souls boss in one hit anyway, so I don't know why you're so triggered.

Maybe 2 or 3?

Cleric Beast basically teaches you to get in some enemies faces and I didn't realize that.

1 try but almost used all of my vials tho. IIRC, I didn't have full 20 vials when entering the area. My anus wasn't prepared for a boss fight.

There's plenty of terms to describe getting through a game without getting hit once long ago.
Like a no-damage run.
Or Heaven/Hell or Hell run.
Or European Extreme.
Oneshotting was exclusively used a very long time ago to mean killing a target in one hit from 100% to 0%. Even using it as described won't work because you must self harm to get to that point.

One shotting doesn't mean killing a boss without getting hit. It means killing it either in one attack or in one attempt.

Once you figure out how Souls games work they're not difficult at all.

>Oh nice a blooborne thre-
>Bunch of autistic children arguing definition of a fucking phrase
God fucking dammit, Cred Forums.

You're both right. One shot could be used either way. Granted when it comes to souls, one shot is more generally applied to killing something in one hit

>One shot could be used either way
No it does not, kill yourself.

Oh, give it a rest. Everyone knows what user ment with one-shotting Cleric besides you autists.

Like... seven? But I was using the Threaded Cane and my damage was microscopic.

Switched to Saw Spear and had literally zero issue with it.

Give it a rest? You're the one who brought it back up in the first place.

died like seven times to cleric beast, gave up to explore yharnam
im pretty sure i got to gascoigne, then went back to go kill cleric beast and killed it on that exact attempt
just had to take some time to get gud i guess

You got slapped like the prissy little twink you are?

>beat Ludwig first try solo
>everytime get summoned for him eat it when he's around 25% health cause too aggressive and greedy

first try, and if it took any more than 3 you better stop playing now

>it could be used either way
>response: no it does not
this doesn't make sense, your entire argument with that other guy is revoked because you can't into English. please allow yourself to kill your own self.

Beast grabbed you and threw you so hard you fell down from the bridge.

Second Try.

beta Amelia first Try, Micolash third try, Gascoigne third-fourth try, Amygdal aabout four tries, Rom about three tries. Beat wet nurse on my second try. I beat that big mass of bone and flesh on my first try, forget it's name.

Paarl and Those three Nazgul looking fags gave me hell. I beat Gerhman in around seven tries, had to go and farm a bit to level up though.

I'm a noob at these games, never finished any other souls game and played about twenty hours of DSII at a friends house.

I didn't find BB that challenging but it was great.

what the hell, why are soulfags so fucking dumb? have they never played other games?

t: I play souls games

2nd try
gascoigne was first try (probably got lucky though)
can't remember bsb, probably third but really dont know
died so fucking much to amelia on first playthrough

this seems to be different for everyone

cane is pure sex

enjoy your good taste, user

I usually dodge that way on bosses that charge (on right or left thought, depending on situation) and maybe he got lucky

I lie anonymously on the internet to feel a little better about myself. It's the only way I can brag about anything.

like 7 tries
6 for Gascoine
5 for fuckyouhealingself
8 for Rom

rest of the game was only one or two tries including Cletus McFetus

i'd beaten all previous souls games before playing it, I guess it just took me a while to get the different pacing down

Just one. I think there's a whole mental aspect to it. It was the very first boss so in my mind I thought it was supposed to be a pushover and so it was... Mind over matter, I suppose. I just kept running to its blind spot and whacking away and it couldn't really hit me.

Why not just pick the better and improved weapon the Beast Cutter?

First try on a showroom floor. and I still don't have a PS4

Me too but it was completely opposite for me - I beat cascoigne or whatever his name is first and was scared shitless when approaching the cleric beast.

I'm like except for the Cleaver.

Every other weapon feels like total shit compared to it, a huge downgrade, that I don't feel like using them.

Kinda sad. I wish Cleaver/Spear weren't included in the game because they seem so overpowered to me compared to the other weapons.

Same, my hands were shaking.

The axe was way more overpowered than the Cleaver, literally spin to win.

What is the most bullshit boss in this game and why is it the depth 4 giant Amygdala you gotta fight at half health? If you're not cheesing it to even hit the thing you've gotta be so close you can't see half the shit being telegraphed and almost every hit is instant fucking death.

First Try

I think its funny on how Cred Forums everyone calls each other a faggot all the time indiscriminately. Like for all I know some of you could be super bros in real life but youd still be all, "smoke a big one faggot!" It's equality at its finest.

WTF are you even talking about? The cleaver isnt even the best serrated weapon. Not even the second best. Get your head out of your ass and try playing the game you fucking idiot. You dont know anything.

>Madara's whistle

Which Madara tho?

It took my about 3 tries. Then I didn't die to any other boss more than 1 time. For some reason this happens every souls game with me.

Cleric beast? Second try

Father Gasoline? Seven times

Fucking BSB? Over 30th times.
Fuck Bloodstarved Beast

>
One shot = one hit kill

4, I still had the Dark Souls 2 mentality of keep the distance and wait, it wasn't until the blood starved beast I started playing more agressive.

>In our community it means another thing
You are not in souls general user.
>Something always refered as a one hit kill is now refered as done it on the first try for some dumb reason

because it's a zero grace weapon. it relies on strength. it has none of the qualities that makes cane so fucking fun.

i don't think you get what that guy is saying. they are overpowered /to him/, not in general. familiarity and love for your weapon makes you do better with them than you would the conventionally "best" weapon.

man fuck rom so much.

Completely different weapon for different purposes. If you think any melee weapon in Bloodborne is a straight improvement over another, you're pretty basic.

>8 for Rom
I beat Rom first try without clearing the 3 waves of spiders, why so many tries?

What the fuck are you talking about?

i don't know what you're trying to tell me user, i didn't chose the word to be used for completing a boss your first try, nor do i defend or endorse it.

different words mean different things in different context and i don't see why that made people (you) me. i have never seen this been an issue before this thread.

That was the easiest boss from the last chalices, just run to the legs and don't move when it jumps, is that fucking simple.

Ebreitas was a fucking nightmare for me, in the end I was so mad I tried the most tryhard method to kill her off
>cannon +9
>powered up bullets with bone marrow
>+ bullets runes up the ass
>blood bullet after every shot
>3 shotted up her cosmic ass
That felt so good, I didn't even think it would work

But nothing will top the mad I reached during my 30+ tries for the Orphan.

>mfw wind blows and you get staggered
>mfw oh hey at least enemies get staggered to right? Cred Forums said I have to attack fast when they stagger!
>som enemies literally have a half second attack with no wind up animation not a millisecond after they staggered just so they can hit you a few more times

Yeah fuck you too. I love this game with its atmosphere and all that but Jesus it really pisses me off too

It's the first time I heard it on beating something on first try than one hit kill. I have never heard the exclusive souls general use before and I have played all Souls games.

I fot stuck in her "tail" and I was able to easy slay her this way.