Hello, Corvo. Your life has taken a turn, has it not? The Empress is dead...

Hello, Corvo. Your life has taken a turn, has it not? The Empress is dead, her precious daughter Emily is lost somewhere in the city, and you will play a pivotal role in the days to come. For this, I have chosen you and drawn you into the Void. I am the Outsider, and this is my Mark. There are forces in the world and beyond the world, great forces that men call "magic", and now these forces will serve your will. Use this new-found power, my gift to you. Come find me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DknzLFEXxog
youtu.be/xVan9W0Hv34
youtube.com/watch?v=z6O5dbEjVR0
youtube.com/watch?v=PT2bkIEQA6A
youtube.com/watch?v=6M5qmZfB_Vo
youtube.com/watch?v=2azFZXQ21T4
dishonored.wikia.com/wiki/Tyvia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

BLINK, JUMP ASSASSINATE, BLINK, INSTA KILL, BLINK DOWN, INSTA KILL
where is the massacre webm

>"What have they done to me?"
>"I will be glad to rest."
>"My father had golden hair. My mother hair like ash."
>"Why am I so cold?"
>"I am not alive - nor have I received the gift of death."
>"Anton Sokolov. He knew me once. And did much to set me on my path."
>"Why have you brought me here? Am I meant to forgive this man for what he did?"
>"A favorite game of hers is to befriend a young socialite, and then see her ruined within a year."
>"He feeds a stray dog every night. He named her Billy."
>"Unless he dies tonight, he will kill twice more before ending his own life."
>"Each time he kills he sees her face. He can never undo what he did."
>"No one ever mentioned the missing boys. He feels confident he's gotten away with it."
>"She is a plague carrier. Infectious, but not ill. And she knows it."
>"If she lives until tomorrow, her day off, she will be mauled by Weepers and left for dead."
>"This weeper got the disease from attending to her sick children."
>"How do I know all this?"

>playing with magic

I would squeeze that damn heart all the time just to make sure I didnt miss any lines and those are burned into my brain.

youtube.com/watch?v=DknzLFEXxog

Same. Though I wasn't aware at first they were random, and I thought there was some merit to each line. So even when doing a low chaos run I killed a guard that the heart said was going to murder twice as many victims, gave mercy death to whores the heart said would suffer as weepers, and removed plague carrying harlots.

autism speaks

>He didn't double check the heart twice to see if the dialogue changed
Rookie mistake

Why does Dishonored make me feel nostalgic. It's only been what 4 years?

Reinstallan. I fucking love the setting in this game. Might even do a no-power run this time, and play it like the ol' Thief games.

I didn't like the setting, or the artstyle for the matter.

Traps and other shit were absolutely dog shit useless. Also a morality system that actively discourages from actually doing your fuckin' job.

It doesn't discourage you at all. If you like to kill, its adds more things for you to kill. You're just bad at the game.

Because it's a really fucking good game, user.

Can't wait for 2.

BUT DA ENDING DOESN'T PAT YOU ON THE BACK AND SAY GOOD JOB MURDERING THOSE PEOPLE

SHALL WE GATHER FOR WHISKEY AND CIGARS TONIGHT?

Indeed, I believe so.

Timestop level two basically equals God hood

Blow off, choffer

A lot of people never got it because of the 8 rune cost.

I was in a dishonored thread recently where someone was complaining that nonlethal didn't have any spell options besides blink.

What I really want to know - the thing I would actually sit down with and discuss with the writers of this game if I had the chance - is how in the fuck did they manage to make a goddamn trickster/chaos god, have him give people powers that damn near make them demi-gods to see what lulz would ensue, and STILL manage to make him the most boring motherfucker in the game?

>replacing this VA in dishonored 2 with some meme capeshit actor

>hey smoothskin

check out prenatual's run

youtu.be/xVan9W0Hv34

>entire game is designed so you access every part if it and complete it without ever using blink
>retards still complain
>all that asspain over 'getting punished' and getting the 'bad' ending for going lethal

I can't wait until they whine about having to do a no-powers non-lethal run to get the 'good' ending in the sequel.

WHOPPER JUNIOR
WHOPPER JUNIOR
WHOPPER JUNIOR
WHOPPER JUNIOR

The game was shit. Hoping the sequel is better 2bh

care to explain

This also ground my gears to no end. Him and the whole Cthulhu whale stuff in general went nowhere, and his design is as bland as it gets when coming to both personality and visual design.

Okay red pill me on Dishonored lore, who the fuck is the Outsider

Plot device.

People are missing out if they don't do a kill run. The game is built to be capable of so much.

Nah, sick of this meme, if you had fun being lethal that's great, but i and a lot of other people preferred playing stealthy.

Fun fact: you can decline his powers in D2 and play the entire game without magic, not even blink.
>no magic + pacifist + no alarms walkthrough

he is the souls of all the whales that have been killed.

You can do a stealthy kill run you fucking moron. There's so much cool shit and mechanics in the game that you simply can't use in a clean hands run.

>He's not Mostly Flesh and Steel

And you know this because?

>stealthy kill run

uh huh

Loki, basically.

some kid that got bullied

>morality system that actively discourages from actually doing your fuckin' job.
This. This was my only complaint about the game. I know you can choose to ignore this, but I hate the fact that the game presents these wonderfully top tier ways to literally destroy anyone around you, yet constantly discourages you from actually killing.

I really guess I'm the only one who didn't find this game very interesting.

Played up until killing that guy in the red coat, that wanted to kill that military/police captain. Non-lethal run to make it more interesting.

This guy was such a gay faggot every time he showed up

A god-like being who inhabits and makes use of the Void.

Nigh-immortal, but the being who controls the Void eventually dies. Thus, a new mortal is eventually imbued with the powers of the Void to provide magic to the world. The Outsider is like a thousand year sold or something like that.

He isn't a Trickster/Chaos deity - in that, he does not /represent/ these concepts. He is a being who likes to see the results of the free will of individuals. He enables people with potential to see out their will.

Fuck you, I'll just reject your offering in Dishonored 2 and play without magic

Corvo is one ugly mother fucker.

>morality system that actively discourages from actually doing your fuckin' job

You can kill all of your targets and still get low chaos.

Try again.

Literally everyone in the Dishonored universe is fuck-ugly BESIDES Corvo

You can kill every target in the game and get low chaos. You just can't kill anyone else.

Actually you can kill a fair few number of guards before getting high chaos. It's just retards spreading this retarded stupid meme that's already been proven false in every thread its brought up in.

I just very recently did my first play through of this game and my only complaint is that it's too damn short and you can kind of see the betrayal coming from 10,000 miles away.

Don't mind that the game doesn't pat you 9n the back for murderfucking your way through the whole thing. I got the impression Corvo is a simple sorta guy, and that if I want the nice ending, I have to work harder for it.

I suppose I'm just speaking of my general preference for playing the game. Thank you for the correction, user.

Perhaps he was just in a sour mood. I know I'd be too if I had to try some of the local, bland fish sticks - without any available whale cheese, seeing as how the locals used up all theirs to power up their waste disposal disintegration fields in their BATHROOMS. Shocking, isn't it? Oh... you didn't know? Rats. I mean, well, you know what I mean. Or don't you? Maybe your mind is too distracted, busy fondling little empresslings, or steal the hearts of women! Fear not, little one. I too have a harem of innocent little creatures in my basement, and personally carry whispering, mind reading organs with me. Care to make a donation?

That would have been a perfect "hard run" option provided well, via the gameplay.

Weren't they originally going to go with the Outsider being a huge whale eye staring at you when you get transported to the bottom of the ocean during the dream sequences?

Because it's already been confirmed since E3?

The only stupid thing high chaos kept doing was trying to make it out like everyone you killed were innocent puppy petting orphanage running charity types. No, they were guards who kept trying to murder me on sight. And their dialog was almost consistently evil for the sake of evil.

So no, Sam, you aren't justified in trying to alert the fucking murderous guards who kidnapped a little girl just because I killed some guards. Fuck you and I hope you sink in your shitty boat.

The fuck you on about? Just look at this dashing-ass mothafucka.

>Actually you can kill a fair few number of guards before getting high chaos.
Chaos rating is bound to a percentage of human deaths per level, if more than 20% percent of people die (guards, civilians, weepers), it is labeled as high chaos.

The only exception are semi-scripted deaths, such as when the tallboys hunt weepers etc.

Nig's ugly as dicks

I thought the problem wasn't that you killed good people but rather that you choose to kill at all when you had a more peaceful way of doing things.

>That feel when you instinctively put a bolt in his chest the second you hear "So I'm going to warn them you're coming" and then freak out two seconds later that you killed him

>that feel when the entire island dialogue changes depending on whether he successfully fires the flare or not

This game had way more little details than most people ever see

I was kinda disappointed there were no mirrors/reflections or seeing more of your body than your hands.

Corvo's character model/design looked really nice, so it was a shame to only see it in the ending cutscenes.

That said, his redesign for Dishonored 2 (plus Bethesda's go-to guy Stephen Russel doing the VA) is really turning me off...

Lmao I shot Sam in the face when he dropped me off for the final mission. Fucker should have just warned me they were gonna poison my ass and then have the audacity to call ME an asshole?

>Stephen Russel doing the VA is really turning me off

check out

Does anyone ever make it out like you're killing innocent people though? I know the boat dude gets angry, Emily becomes angsty and the ending shows Dunwall falling into ruin, but it's not because you were killing innocents. It's just that you're making a bad situation worse by committing wanton murder and destruction, or in other words, chaos.

He got me the first time, but in my second playthrough I murdered the shit out of him the moment the boat reached the island.

Which again, is bullshit. Because he had no way of knowing half of the options you had like working with a crazy man to kidnap the Boyle chick. Unless it's implying Corvo told him about it, in which cause Corvo is weird.

Honestly, no VA can really pull this off.

Having a silent protag be a fully voiced side-character in the sequel works literally never, in no game in history.

Same, felt pretty good

dead space

Yes, Isaac becomes a side character in DS2 and 3 you fucking mong.

are you retarded

Corvo becomes a side character? I thought you can play as him in D2?

You can still play as Corvo in 2 YOU fucking mong.

BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

Sam warns the island? The second he said "I was the worst of the bunch" or something along that I instantly cut him in half.

Man, what a dick. You think you know someone.

>Sam warns the island?
Yep, on high chaos he shoots a flare pistol.

I think every guard thus starts out on permanent alert, as if they've already seen you and are hunting you.

Yeah, faggot says something like " We used you for our own selfish goals and send you to kill a shitton of people, but even so killing people is bad so I'm going to warn everyone about it" and shoots his gun into the air.

*sent

The watch aren't all bad people and even if they all are they're the only group keeping some order on the streets of Dunwall. By killing them you're further destroying the little social cohesion Dunwall has left which is what the chaos system is all about.

>We used you for our own selfish goals and send you to kill a shitton of people, but even so killing people is bad
One of my main gripes is how the game gives you non-lethal options for every target, yet the main casts' dialogue still refers to them as if killed.

I know effectively there is no big difference between them being killed or neutralized , but there were a few other minor things in the game which had different lines of dialogue in response, yet for the big missions they didn't bother...

I still don't understand how killing a bitch is more cruel than giving her to a crazy stalker who will keep her in his rape dungeon for the rest of her life.

And I get that, but it felt like Sam had no real justification for his dickassery. He's no better than you and it never felt like he was shown to be such a hypocrite.

It's not. I guess the idea is that whether you give them "cruel mercy" or "death" if it's just them you dealt with, order can remain. If anything the mercy option is slightly more fucked up each time.

>If he survives the night, he'll kill twice as many
>He thinks they don't suspect a thing
>If they knew what he did, he'd be executed
>He abused his position many times
>When in doubt, which is often, he uses the knife
>He coughed blood twice today. No one must know
>He killed for enjoyment, and will again
>He used that gun on children!

Killing them all would do more good than harm.

It isn't. Nor is it more cruel to kill the two dudes instead of sending them to their own mines to be worked to death anyway. Or branding that inquisitor or whatever a heretic which would probably lead to his death anyway.

In a way, you kill them anyway. But you don't get your hands dirty. They can't pin it on Corvo or anything since the targets aren't 'killed' by him directly.

That creates more chaos in Dunwall and also gives more corpses for the rats to feed on though. That's what leads to the city's downfall user.

I never use any power other than blink.

Just got betrayed. I'd like to kill when forced to but that hasn't happened yet, so I'm non-lethal so far. Everything is easy to knock out.

>You killed the lady? What a fucking monster, Corvo
>You drugged the lady and gave her away to a nutjob possessive stalker and he made his escape with her via a boat in the sewers? You're such a softie, Corvo. Even in these trying times, you maintain the moral high ground.

It isn't. Some of the fates are arguably a lot more cruel thank killing them but having the targets only disappear as well as exposing the Lord Regent and having him arrested keeps some semblance of order in Dunwall.

In a void maybe. But those lines imply you save more lives in the long run by killing them.

see

>Nor is it more cruel to kill the two dudes instead of sending them to their own mines to be worked to death anyway.
That's the only one that never really gelled with me.

I have no problem with an option not being directly in Corvo's hands, but Slackjaw's gang somehow being able to make them two disappear of the streets was really a stretch.

Hearts lines were completely randomized.

>which would probably lead to his death anyway

He appears as a weeper in the flooded district mission if you brand him. So many fucking details in this game that people miss.

The other way around, user. In a void or peaceful time, killing those scum would lead to better times overall. But with the whole city on a manhunt for Corvo and with plague rats everywhere, leaving a trail of bodies would just bring the whole city to a boiling point due to fear.

Is that right? Shit nig, never noticed.

>trusting a beating heart that whispers random shit into your head

wew.

But the problem with killing those cunts is that you leave bodies for the rats to eat, but, if the heart says the truth, they are killing a shitton of people.
You are leaving one body to the rats in exchange of preventing that that cunt leaves ten bodies to the rats.

>not trusting your dead waifu's talking heart

>So many fucking details in this game that people miss.

>If you snatch the wine carafe off the table in the intro where Sokolov paints Campbell, he gets pissed at you and stops painting. Later on in the Abbey you can snatch that picture which either has the carafe in it or has it removed depending on what you did.
>Depending on how stealthily or murder-happy you were, the wanted posters will either have the mask ("the masked assailant") or a question mark ("an unknown assailant") on it.
>Fucking around and blinking around in front of people will cause them to rightfully freak out to varying degrees
>Trying to use time-stop to steal Daud's key will have him instantly notice you
>Repeatedly talking to an annoyed guest at the Boyle party will have him warn you to bother him, should you still talk with him he'll walk up to the guard's which will throw you out.

It's not true TECHNOLOGY but there are a few nice details n the game.

But are those cunts going to be killing immediately? Like right now during the plague and shit? And will those dead bodies be tied to Corvo and fuel the city's fear of him what with him being an escaped murderer and such.

The high chaos shit doesn't mean that you're a bad person or doing the morally good thing. It just means whether or not you're causing the city to fall deeper into shit at that moment or not. The city's in a crisis, are you adding to it or keeping things discreet to not make a bad situation worse?

You will never be forced to a single person. You can play the whole game non-lethally.

Who /daud/ here?
Hoping he comed back in D2

In regards to the Outsider and the Heart's lines, it is heavily implied at several points that the Outsider can see all possibilities that can happen to someone but he doesn't know which one will happen.

Also I was kinda bummed that you could buy capacity upgrades for everything BUT Tranq Darts...

Best character.

I'd love it if Corvo met Daud and found out that he saved Emily.

Yeah, more dialogue indicating your choices would have been better. Still, with a couple exceptions the non-lethal option has your target disappear, so some of the main cast wouldn't know if they were killed by you or not.

Like Emilly drawing that picture of either something nice or the devil, depending on your chaos run. Though that's always in your face. And that woman in the bathroom.

I think there are two instances of Emily drawing. The first is of Corvo either smiling or with the mask on, the second is of the Hound's Pit Pub with a rainbow or Dunwall with rats.

Why was witch mansion so beatiful compared to rest of the game

Kind of amazed at the Sam killer in this thread.

First of all, whatever you may think of him: guy saved your life. You wouldn't be there in that last level if not for him *risking his life* to save yours - for make no mistakes, had the Loyalist noticed his tossing away poison, he'd be dead too.

Second, just put yourself in his shoes.

You're a normal Joe. You help get that guy who's supposed to be an assassin out to help put your empress back on the throne.

Turns out the guy is not an assassin, he's a maniac. Kills people in the hundreds. Hell, you could hear the screams from afar while he killed everyone at Boyle manors... and some of the growing rumors you're hearing about what he did elsewhere?

Still, you save him; mostly because you think what's being done to him is unfair... and you get him to that last location, out of a weird sense of loyalty or, in spite of all, a rugged camaraderie even. But you still pity all the poor sods up there who're going to get killed for doing their job. Could have been you really in another time, before you left the army...

Does this really warrant killing him?

youtube.com/watch?v=z6O5dbEjVR0

When will they release this version of the song? I love it.

Well, Slackjaw is shown to have enough quite a lot of power, and a crime boss being involved with a whore house is a pretty natural connection. Him being able to kidnapped people out of the whore house isn't that much of a stretch.

>assassin
>kills a lot of people
HOLY SHIT WHAT A SURPRISE

An assassin is not a mass murderer.

What made dishonored vidyakino?

Well yeah. An assassination is the act of killing specific targets as a profession or some other such thing. Killing en masse is called being a serial killer or a maniac.

You are talking as if Corvo went around murdering women and children when 99% of his potential victims are either assholes or are working for those assholes.
Dude saw his waifu die and his daughter get kidnapped and you are surprised that he is willing to murder the shit out of the people who did it?

Great level design, fun gameplay, interesting lore. I liked that it gave me the option to do stealth or just go ham, it has great replayability value that way.

>city watch deserve to be slaughtered because they follow chain of command
>overseers deserve to be slaughtered because Campbell is blackmailing everyone

Yeah, but murder the shit out of the people who actually count. Those guards are just doing their jobs. Shit, when Corvo was the Royal Protector, he was working with the soldiers himself. I don't even know what the fuck you're going on about anymore, wouldn't you be surprised too if you sent someone to go kill a specific target and he ends up butchering the entire facility, dogs included? All the while there's plague rats eating up the corpses and breeding like no tomorrow? Plenty of cause to be surprised and worried at what'll come next.

imagining that gives me goosebumps. that would be such a good plot point. he is just a giant ass spirit whale beyond time

He's not an assassin, he's the former Lord-Protector.

...That would have been so much better.

There's a difference between assassin (Specifically out to kill specific person) and serial killer.

Well, it doesn't help that the game paints them as utter sadistic cunts with shit like And I don't remember anyone telling Corvo "Wow, you are a fucking degenerate psycho. Maybe you shouldn't kill so much" after the first massacre, or the second one or the third one.
Both Sam and all those other cunts didn't say shit and allowed Corvo to go on till he was of no more use to them and they either betrayed him or decided that now was the time to be a "good" guy.
So yeah, Sam is a fucking hypocrite and as much of a faggot as the other Loyalists, even if he wants to pretend he isn't.

Hot or not?

She's my daughteru, I can't see her that way.

youtube.com/watch?v=PT2bkIEQA6A

who /highchaosbasedcorvo/ for first playthrough?

I did like the Void's "Between Time and Space" aesthetic, but I agree that replacing the purple haze background of it with the darkness of the deep sea does sound more interesting and unique.

Would royally protect /10

>fucking your daughter
No, user. Just no.

What is the best invention in the Empire and why is it the Clockwork Soldier

I fucking love these things so goddamn much

Can we fuck it?

Depends, how hairy is she?

Did they explain story-wise yet why the hell Emily suddenly turns into an assassin?

I think this is an important detail, as you're not some random criminal or mercenary, or even a soldier, you're the former bodyguard to the empress. Imagine if some secret service dude was trying to rescue the president's kidnapped daughter but ended up killing a ton of people along the way, You can argue whether or not he would be justified but it would definitely cause some negative publicity.

Man I wanted to do an Emily playthrough at first, but based Russell voicing Corvo makes it so hard. Plus I miss playing as him.

I guess I'll just see in the moment who I'll go for at first.

I've thought about this. No, you can't fuck it, but it can fuck you. All four blades, up the ass.

Corvo trained her in case she got usurped

She's a bit of a tomboy and prefers to run on the roofs on Dunwall than rule

Yeah, I'm not arguing that Sam and the others aren't hypocrites and faggots. I'm not the user talking about Sam's perspective trying to vilify him in anyway, just that it's no fucking wonder anyone would be surprised or afraid of what Corvo would do next if he went on a killing spree like that.

Following in her dad's footsteps.

>drop attack and "decapitate" it
>it keeps moving
SEND HELP

Not if those people were the soldiers of an evil dictator.
That's the sad thing. Most of the time the people working for tyrants and crazy assholes aren't really as bad as their bosses, though there are exceptions, they are just doing their job and end up killed and hated anyway.

>Adding a robot enemy so you can go all out on at least some enemies

based

Pretty sure there's a part in the first game where Emily tells you there's some man coming to her in her dreams, implying the Outsider is interested in her. Or you find a drawing of him in her room? Something like that.

Also, Corvo is her father. Of course he would train her, just in case something happened to him.

>Well, it doesn't help that the game paints them as utter sadistic cunts with shit like

Not ll of them, not always. You can have some good stuff too coming off the heart. And I think you're missing the point. EVERYONE in this game is a potential asshole. That's one thing I like about the game. No one is innocent, no one is perfectly clean. Things are messy.

Guards are not intrinsically evil. They don't know about your conspiracy, from their point of view you're just that crazy asshole that goes around killing people, as if the plague was not enough. Stopping you is morally justified from where they stand. Some guards are bastards. Some guards do bastardly things because they're weak (see the guy with the captured civilians that are to be Sokolov guinea pigs). Some guards are actually decent.

Slackjaw and his men are bastards, but even with their cutting off the product, they're still the only hope for elixir of some of the underclass. And while they profit from people, they're not killing on sight and stealing. They maintain a semblance of order.

Cecelia,to take one of my favorite character, is rather nice, but if you exhaust all her conversion option, even her has her dark side.

>Both Sam and all those other cunts didn't say shit and allowed Corvo to go on till he was of no more use to them and they either betrayed him or decided that now was the time to be a "good" guy.

Actually, there are variations, Sam between missions will comment sideway about him not really liking the way things are enfolding - he can't say too much though.You're the Lord Protector, and he's a guy with a boat.

Corvo realized that he won't be around forever to protect her, and not wanting to happen to her what did to her mother, he decided to train her in his fighting skills. As for why she's doing her assassin-type stuff, well, that'll be explained by the plot of the game.

Yeah but in Corvo's case, these were his own men and countrymen. Not some distant enemies of some other country's dictatorship.

im tired of pacifist runs, i went through dishonored 1 pretty much killing everyone and it was an absolute gas.

>secret ending for killing everyone but robots

I meant that there would be no negative publicity because they would be branded as supporters of an usurper once everything is over.

Duad was great

Madsen is a wonderful VA. Doubt we'll see him again though. That said, devs confirmed that Corvo sparing him was canon so who knows?

>Cecelia,to take one of my favorite character, is rather nice, but if you exhaust all her conversion option, even her has her dark side.
Was that the girl who ends up teaching Emily because she wanted to be a scientist but couldn't because "lol tits gtfo" ?

I don't remember anything dark mentioned about her.

I liked how all of the characters in the first game were varying levels of ugly, like the world itself the game took place in was ugly. Most people looked like they were ogres or something.

Is it ever mentioned if the Empress was actually good at ruling?
Because, even without the plague, Dunwall seems like a pretty shitty place. I mean, I doubt all those twisted nobles, crimelords and other cunts just showed up out of nowhere once she died.

I'm too autistic to do anything but non-lethal. I know I'm making Dishonored less fun for myself but I can't.I'm already halfway through

who /collectorsedition/ here?

Just look at that powerful, elegant mechanical march.. and that sexy figure... and that lil head bob with each step... goddamnit it's so fucking hot..

I'll do both pacifist and unhinged killer runs myself if the gameplay, and to a lesser extent narrative, warrants it. Always cool to see how different you can make things.

She's very well remembered after her death.

It's a bit like London - the city itself was an absolute shithole during the victorian era.

>Delilah Kaldwin
Didn't Daud murder that bitch or something?

>Is it ever mentioned if the Empress was actually good at ruling?
>Because, even without the plague, Dunwall seems like a pretty shitty place. I mean, I doubt all those twisted nobles, crimelords and other cunts just showed up out of nowhere once she died.
I remember there being one or two books in the game which mentioned how she was quite good and her reign would have been remembered as a golden age, but then the Rat Plague happened and retroactively a lot of people blamed that shit on her.

ayyyy Harvey's got my sheckles alright

He better be, at least a little cameo. Daud's my nigga.

If I had the powers of corvo I would find it hard not to use it to perv on women.

good ones are

The 'canon' ending to The Brigmore Witches is the low chaos ending, so canonically Daud merely trapped her in the void, and did not kill her (the high chaos ending). It would seem that after all these years, she found a way to escape.

one's a job, the other's a hobby

I'd be a fucking rapist.

Bend time, possession, blink? Intended for rape.

He bad mouthed me, so yes. Now that I find out that he would've betrayed me too, even further satisfied with my decision. Sam is a traitor. He betrays everyone. He betrayed the regent lord, the loyalists, and Corvo. He placed a dagger in everyone's back. Didn't feel a thing to see his grave at the end credits.

Speaking of your deeds, does anyone acknowledge your otherworldly powers and connection to the Outsider? Other than maybe Daud and Granny Rags

I really liked the sketched proportions of characters and the pseudo-aquarell look. With a bit better texture resolution and animation quality that game would have been even better.

This makes sense, she was rapidly weeding out the corrupt members of the upper society, Lord Regent realizes this, concocts Rat Plague scheme with Dr. Galvani, undermines her authority, then usurps her so he and his corrupt brethren can be shitheads indiscriminately.

I don't think you would be. I think you should give yourself more credit.

That's the girl everyone ignores, the servant that does the menial tasks.

There a moment she mentions she could get the pub for herself that has some nicely dark undertones. And was it another about profiting from the plague? Can't remember the specifics, but I remember being pleasantly surprised.

There's clearly a pro-people bent to the game, but it never reaches the asinine levels of painting the poor as perfect little angels. It stays nuanced.

>that gruff Madsen voice
Diamonds, every time.

youtube.com/watch?v=6M5qmZfB_Vo

Martin noticed the mark on Corvo's hand.

You wouldn't?

Sokolov at first asks you if you ever dabbled in black magic as the the symbol on your hand seems familiar.

Then later on (don't remember the situation) he flat out tells you "was just kidding with you, I know exactly whose mark that is you truely are an interesting person".

You sick fuck

While I'd love to buy that, given my position on DRM, I'll do what I did with the first game, I'll buy cheap console second hand when I can find it for less than a fiver.

Royally Protect/10

Would daughteru

Anyone else walk in on the maid while she was bathing? Lmao, Pierro was spying on her

I think so, I'm getting a white Lucy Liu vibe.

the city watch would run a train on her if she ever got caught

how is that not sick?

If you want to be fair about it, killing every magic user is a really good idea as they're all pretty much downright evil.

Can't wait for all the Corvo and Emily porn after the game releases.

They really should've left his identity unexplained. I like chtonic outsider more thatn "3000 y.o. boi corrupted by and Abyss".

>Dishonored 3
>You play as an Overseer "blessed" with the Outsider's mark and banished to Tyvia
>Your goal is to kill the Outsider

Would you play?

So, how do you guys feel about the new whale oil tank design?

>inb4 I'm the only person who fucking cares

I tried so very hard to enjoy this game, because it really did a lot of things right, but the tiny quantity of enemy types, and the incredibly repetitive and easy gameplay just killed it, it was unplayably bad

so many games are being made to produce an 'visual effect' or 'look cool' and no effort whatsoever is made to make the enemies interesting, or the difficulty truly engaging

and they think they can somehow make up for this by giving the player 30 different attacks, how do they keep making the same mistakes over and over and over and over and over, why are you paying money for this crap

He's bored and likes fucking with things.

Without a doubt.

"Bad ones are", you mean?

If you pay someone to kill a rival, you really don't expect that someone to go all Breivik in the process.

Not a good job. A good assassin will eventually kill a lot of people, but not at once.

>He bad mouthed me, so yes

Tell me you're at least not complaining about having the "bad" end.

That seems... highly unergonimic and material waste?

I like it for the art style and lore :^/

Looks like a tranny ingame

What the hell did they do to her

??
post evidence pls

>from their point of view the lord-protector is evil
*Disk Scratch*
*Time freeze*
Hol' up. You're probably wondering how I, a distinguished city guard officer, am about to get decapitated by this masked maniac that has his arm around my head and his sword on my neck. It's a funny story really. It all started last summer...
youtube.com/watch?v=2azFZXQ21T4

>dishonored anything

Yes, I'd play. And to see Tyvia? Fuck yes. Wasn't that place more tropical with crazy creatures and vegetation?

game is fun as fuck, you probably just weren't being creative when you killed shit and infiltrated therefore it wasn't fun for you.

well, she's still correct

dishonored.wikia.com/wiki/Tyvia

Tyvia is the northernmost island in the Empire of the Isles. Its terrain is harsh, and its climate is persistently cold.

No because actually raping someone is horrible. It's an act of hate and fear.

Perhaps, yes. The last design was complicated too, but you mist remember that processed whale oil is extremely volatile, so heavy duty containers is a necessity.

I'm glad you had fun

'humanoid that randomly paths' doesn't cut it for me, I need quite a bit more than that

'multiple versions of a dart or gunshot or instant kill spell, with only minor variations in application or usefulness, and infinite ammo everywhere' also doesn't cut it for me, not even close

Blow off, chauffer

>Its terrain is harsh, and its climate is persistently cold.

Dishonored - Arctic Survival Edition? Yes please.

They wouldn't either, this site is just filled with tryhard edgenerds.

Less than others, though I pointed out the killing made a good solution to bring about order and save more lives.

>Tyvia utilizes penal labor camps located in the nation's center for incarceration, some of which have no surrounding walls to contain prisoners; a prisoner is considered free if they choose to flee. However, due to the area's harsh climate, no escaped prisoner has survived the trek to civilization in recorded history.

fuck that's the game's intro right there

The not!Satan of the setting.

Eh, he's closer to the gman

this desu. He's not good, nor evil. Just a neutral conductor of the orchestra.

>mfw you can actually get anywhere in the game without the use of blink
It's really nice that they put in the effort to make cohesive level design even when they purposefully give you a way to bypass it.

That's the thing, unless you start killing indiscriminately, it's actually hard to get the Chaos ending by accident. To a point, you have to endeavor getting it.

My third playthrough I did a "mostly stealth but don't give too much of a fuck" playthrough, and while I killed my fair share of guards/overseers, I didn't get the chaos ending.

Pretty sure the Lord Regenet wasn't that cunning.
He just tried to make a plague to tin the poorfags population but his stupid plan backfired, fucked the whole city and he had to kill the Empress so she wouldn't find out.

I noticed this too, as I was playing a no power run. However, I got stumped at Return to Tower, where in the waterlock, as you climb up the machinery to get to that little window onto the concrete tunnels, I found that I could not make this jump without using Blink.

You can't escape Daud's prison without blink
is tricky too

He's not even the conductor.

In a way, I like what they have going with him. He's presenting himself as a bored deity that is going to give you new toys because he wants you to put a show for him... and you keep expecting a twist, and there isn't. He's a bored deity that gives people powers how see of they'll use them, for his own amusement.

Refreshing. Though I still think the character could have used another angle to layer things out.

>mfw I found out Corvo's mask as included in the Collectors Edition cannot be worn

I hope she isn't really the main antagonist because both her design and personality in Brightmore Witches was kind of shit.
That's the one thing I realy dislike about Dishonored. It's main antagonist are pretty dull and boring. Daud was the only exception and by that point he isn't even one of the "bad guys" anymore.

>definitive edition $12 on humble store
>base game $5
how worth it is the dlc?

I.. I'm pretty sure she is the main villain.. Well, with any luck, they'll flesh her backstory out more, and find a way to make her more interesting.

>He's presenting himself as a bored deity that is going to give you new toys because he wants you to put a show for him... and you keep expecting a twist, and there isn't. He's a bored deity that gives people powers how see of they'll use them, for his own amusement.
>Refreshing. Though I still think the character could have used another angle to layer things out.

The best part about that is how he is way more interested if Corvo doesn't abuse those powers to wreck havoc.

He is this powerful being that gives mortals powers, so you'd expect him to want you to cause mischief, yet if you do he just becomes bored of you like Daud, but if you try to be the nice guy he becomes way more philosophical in his encounters.

It's worth the price.They may be short, even when put back to back, but the new story and characters are probably better than those of the base game. And also, Arc Mines are fucking lovely

The only two dlcs worth playing are the brigmore witches and the knife of dunwall. If it's cheaper than $7 for the both of those, just get the base game and buy them seperately.

It's weird.

The thing I want most is the heart. Do we know if it'll be there?

I can barely tell the difference

I think it will be for Corvo, but I'm not 100% certain if Emily will have it.

If it is it will probably be something exclusive to Corvo.

I could draw you a diagram... just look closer.

He alarms te guards, directly interfering with my mission if I don't
Just imagine I alctually incapacitated him instead of shooting him in the face

good, I intend to play with corvo first anyway

but still, mommy-daughter advice with emily would be fine
>if you date a boy, know he intends to stab you
>not all stabs are painful, but all love is

>if you date a boy, know he intends to stab you
>not all stabs are painful, but all love is

That's probably because most of the people he gave the Mark to just got drunk on power and became murderous asshole.
Someone getting the Mark and choosing not to use its powers or to use the for good is probably refreshing and quite interesting.
He'll probably cum in his pants if you play as Emily and tell him you don't want his faggy mark.

Come on, it's totally something the heart would say.

>>if you date a boy, know he intends to stab you
WITH HIS D I C C
>not all stabs are painful
BUT THIS D I C C IS

I don't like his voice actor.

Sounds too common.

So how many endings will Dishonored 2 have? It can't be just 3 for each character because Emily can refuse the Outsider's powers, which has to change the ending somehow.

Unless they're ordered to leave no witnesses, why would an assassin cause all that collateral damage and put themselves (and the client) at risk?

Well, his current incarnation is the body of some normal poor kid who lived in the sewers and luckied out, isn't it?

Refusing powers just disables it for gameplay because dumbshit redditors upgraded blink on their no power runs

4 per character as far as we know:
>Positive Low Chaos
>Negative Low Chaos
>Positive High Chaos
>Negative High Chaos

There'll probably be endings for no power runs, too.

I doubt it's just that.
The first game had some surprising attention to detail so there is no way they'll just ignore such a radical decision and have it not affect the story.

>That's probably because most of the people he gave the Mark to just got drunk on power and became murderous asshole.
Strangely enough I don't think that ever happened.

There have only ever been 8 people blessed with the mark, the known being Corvo, Daud, Rags, Delilah and some girl burned as witch and some street urchin that killed himself with his own plague rats.

So, is The Clockwork Mansion the coolest mission, or what?

Didn't he say something about how there's seven more with that mark, did he mean that there was only ever eight total? I read it as there, at the time of the game, were eight of them.

I'm pretty sure he meant there was only eight at a time

probably wrong though

This is easily my favourite line
>Samuel Beechworth went to sea to forget a hopeless love. He succeeded.

Looks cool but I'm more hyped about the mansion where you can use the mirror to go between the past and the present.

Really? Hm, ok. I didn't care for it, I feel that getting a time travel device for one mission is both gimmicky and out of place for a Dishonored game.