What went wrong?

What went wrong?

A lot of NTR pandering

Atlus USA censored it.

please stop

1. Shitty graphics for a 2016 game with almost a decade of development time. (inb4 retards are blinded by the hipster UI to see the PS2-tier character models and textures). You can fucking walk through people too.

2. Characters are less likable and less memorable versions of P4 characters. P5 is just a predictable, blander version of P4 which wasn't all that amazing in the first place.

3. Just a rehashed Persona 4 in the city. Same team dynamic, going into dungeons that are connected to people to solve the problem, same cliche anime interactions and tropes, same traitor, same friendship shit that's been done trillions of times even just by jrpg standards.

3. Dull, uninspired, poorly made music. Shoji Meguro just gave up trying.

>"B-but its supposed to be laid back and chill!111"

Except even in battle, it still sounds bland and forgettable as fuck.

4. Half-assed """""""""stealth""""""""""""" and platforming which feel like unnecessary gimmicks rather than genuine improvements.

5. Battles are too easy like other Persona games. No challenge at all, battles just feel like filler because they're not satisfying or interesting.

6. Game still panders to beta male virgins instead of having an actual "leader" type character as a protag. "Look how gay and feminine he is, its easier to self-insert right XD"

If you like this game you're literally a nu male.

citation

/thread

Also let me add that any game with social links can't be a good game

Is this real life

It's a parody account made by someone who's butthurt about #fe.

They took too long to release it giving people too much time to envision their own prefect version of the game.

A bunch of eoptards who've never played the game.

First five hours of being hand held

The game is out. People played it. People have even been posting lps before the release iirc. No amount of tears or name-calling is gonna change the fact that it's a disappointing rehash of the previous game. Stay mad, user.

Jews

But the people who played it are loving it.

>SMT IV Apocalypse threads getting 500+
>These ones struggling
Everythings going right lads.

>10 years for all this shit

KEK

Nothing.

Maybe because SMT4A is out in English

People loved playing COD too. People loved playing Cookie Clicker. People can love playing anything. Doesn't change the fact that it's a major disappointment in every aspect and just a stylized rehash of the previous game. Stop being an apologist

>What went wrong?
It's a Persona game after 3

Source?

And 2 was the only persona that was interesting. 3's gameplay was just as bad as all the other personas.

Except it looks nothing like the previous game.

>Except it looks nothing like the previous game.
Uh, yes it does.

They got confused and made a sequel to Nocturne instead.

>Characters are less likable and less memorable versions of P4 characters.
Stopped reading there.

lol I don't like what you don't so I shit post

>Persona 4 is graphically similar to Persona 5
I'm going to stop trying with you.

>made a sequel to Nocturne instead.
Oh my god my sides are dying.

Literal cuckold game

>Based Mara sama will get censored in usa version
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You are trying way too hard.

P5 is just following the same "stylish" UI stuff from P4 and P3, only way too on your face. it's unappealing.

yeah, the color theme is red and black this time. And the ui is different. And?

Same "going through people's dungeons to solve the problem" with friendship bullshit and same anime tropes with same cliche interactions, same traitor shit, same obnoxious animal mascot, it's literally just Persona 4 except more predictable and less entertaining.

Nice comeback. You refuted absolutely nothing.

>graphically similar

Who cares about the graphics, it's just Catherine and same "le trendy teenage" style of the previous persona games. You're just getting an edgier but somehow more boring Persona 4

It has been one week since release, most people already beat it and loved it, giving high praise

So why do we still pretend its shit and we hate it?

Is the fastest selling SMT game to date. Seems like everything went right.

None of the characters in Persona 5 are memorable. You can pretend to deny it all you want, your fedora doesn't change facts. Persona 4 is infinitely more memorable and likable than anything in Persona 5 unless you're an edgy contrarian.

I haven't played it yet but I somehow doubt they fucked up THAT badly.

>Le trendy teenage
Do you ever post anything without meme speak? No one is ever going to take you serious here otherwise.

Both the story and the characters in P4 are completely bland. Just from reading some of the translated summaries of P5's dungeons I can tell they're a ton better than "I don't want to run my family's inn" and "I'm bored".

>Shitty graphics for a 2016 game with almost a decade of development time

who cares about graphics?

>P5 is just a predictable, blander version of P4

so?

>Same team dynamic, going into dungeons that are connected to people to solve the problem, same cliche anime interactions and tropes, same traitor, same friendship shit that's been done trillions of times even just by jrpg standards.

persona 3

>Except even in battle, it still sounds bland and forgettable as fuck.

one bad song

>Half-assed """""""""stealth""""""""""""" and platforming which feel like unnecessary gimmicks rather than genuine improvements.

better than asscreed

>Battles are too easy like other Persona games

no one cares

>"Look how gay and feminine he is, its easier to self-insert right XD"

faggot

because it's Cred Forums after Tortanic so we have to pretend every new release is terrible and a flop

>P4fags are upset that's it's not colorful scooby doo adventures again

I love how you still don't have an actual response and just sidestep. What do you want me to say, it's the same "look at the silhouettes! look at the fancy menus! look at the lolsorandumb colors!" thing that they've been doing since 3. Good to know you stopped trying.

I call it bold and brash

> persona 4 2.00. 0 innovation
> straight up recycled assets from ps2 games
> bloated dev time for no reason

I agree about P4 being bland. But that's actually what makes P5 even worse. It's literally just P4 but in a different city with even more boring characters. I can't wait for you EOPs to actually play the game and see that it's the same shit.

Also spoiler: P5 also has a lot first-world problems like P4. Like I said, same shit as P4.

The madmen, did they put in a shiggy meme in the game?

>> bloated dev time for no reason
Index almost going bankrupt and nearly taking Atlus with them, before the Sega buy surely had NOTHING to do with it at all.

it's just a trophy icon

Because i'm sure you've played through it and understand Japanese.

>recycled assets from ps2 games
Such as?

Eclipsed SMTSONA and outsold muh kowashitai
It's not fair

>Except it looks nothing like the previous game.

>a cop that betrays the main team that tries to kill you

good job confirming that you're a shitposter who doesn't even know the full plot twist

P4fags would actually like this game since it's the same shit aside from visuals.

P3fags are the ones that are butthurt because their edgy game has been out-edged.

>betrays
So you're just parroting what you've heard on Cred Forums.

The fact that people defend this is fucking hilarious

looks good

There is literally nothing more retarded than people arguing about whether a game is good when none of them have played it.

Exactly, so might as well talk about the waifus

The game is already out retard. Not everyone is a EOP cuck like you. And people have been posting videos of them playing it since even before release

oh user pretty much the entire bestiary of models has been recycled as far back as nocturne

Welcome to Cred Forums, where the only thing worth value is shitposting.

5 MONTHS
M
O
N
T
H
S

Anyone have the roll version some guy made?

The game is already out and people have played it.

>those ugly long skinny horse faces

Also I can't wait for the butthurt when players get cucked literally by the game

and barely any of them are here if there are any at all.

>being EOP
>having to wait just for worse voices, and for a game that NTRs you

People played it not you, EOPcuck

Post a screenshot of your playtime.

cant see it very well but this is the one in the middle

And the people who played all love it

Makoto is cute! I want Makoto to cuddle with Phantom-kun! I want Makoto to kiss Phantom-kun! I want Makoto to have pure consentual sex with Phantom-kun!

Weeaboos have no standards, as proven by this thread

And here she is in P5, which clearly isn't the same model.

>play videogame on youtube
>shitpost about game he played on youtube
This is so pathetic

Be sure to save Makoto or else this happens to her.

They can't handle the fact that it's not getting a PC release any time soon.

Right? Like all the people saying it's shit, I'd love to see some pictures of your copies of the game with a timestamp because I don't believe this many of you imported the game and played a significant amount of it and hated it.

Streamers and the people who post screenshots of the game on /vg/ are loving it.

Yeah in general people say that it's better than P4 (though by how much varies). One common complaint is that there tend to be too many days that don't really let you do anything but sleep.

Therapy isn't that much more expensive than shitposting

Dunno, I think it's fine.

Figures. Ever since Bloodborne it's been clear to me how many shitposters there are posting about games they've never played.

>I've had a decade to become familiar with the Persona 4 cast and like 5 days to become familiar with the Persona 5 cast and I can say for a fact that P5 has had lest of a lasting impact on me

P5 CRIMSON WITH GORO SURVIVAL ROUTE WHEN? I love him so much.

Don't forget that the shitty english dub is why we have to wait until february

>your fedora doesn't change facts
>unless you're an edgy contrarian.
(You)

You earned that (You) user, your trying real hard.

any option to turn off the glasses of the protagonist? they are faggy as fuck

When you see him smile while wearing his glasses you will realize how beautiful he is with them.

I thought visual novel discussion takes place on /jp/

>i didn't play the game but i like shitposting

Nothing stop being negative

Everything else

1. They overuse too many plot elements from Persona 3 and 4, however I thought the character writing was genuinely better.
2. Too many days where nothing happens.
3. Stealth is kinda clunky, hard to navigate at times.
4. Disappointing that the whole game wasn't fully voiced like they said it would be.

However I'd say overall character writing and subplots for the dungeons were done far better then the last two Persona games, the main party actually feels a lot more human then P4s cast and have a decent amount of complexity even if some of them act like stereotypes at moments in the story. Also the gameplay is far more fluid and faster then every Persona game to date however I wish physical attack animations were faster to make it on par with mainline SMT battle speed.

Still this is easily the best console game of 2016 so far. 8.5/10.

So if you have this many opinions about the game you surely played it to completion. Wanna show us a picture of your PS4 trophies with a time stamp?

>best console game
>8.5/10
Hmmm...

>there are people in this thread who hyped the fuck out of this game
>it's shit
Lol

Man, I sure like how you provided reasoned and sound evidence to refute his arguments. Oh wait you're a retarded Atlas shill.
Fuck off

Ironically SMT4:Final is more Persona than fucking Persona 5.

You beat YHVH with the power of friendship in 75% of the endings.

Meanwhile Persona 5s ending is literally SMT2s Chaos route. You don't even get Satanael from friendship coops, you get it from Tokyo believing you can defeat Yaldaboath.

I said of the year, which has been insanely shitty.
Also I rarely give games a 10/10, only generational titles deserve a 10. Persona 5 is not innovative nor revolutionary and it definitely isn't amazing.

Cannot impregnate them. Fucking why.

For some reason i imagined cover with "definitely isn't amazing" Anonymous. "8.5/10 would play once".

>What went wrong?
Nothing, it was popular for being a dating simulator trash and it did the same shit with an HD dating simulator trash

Well I still think its pretty fucking great, it just has too many cons to be a 9/10 amazing.

>tfw Makoto is kidnapped and drugged by the Yakuza and later tells the police everything about you while being drugged
>waifufags don't think she was raped
It will be fucking glorious with all the doujins depicting a drugged Makoto getting violated by fat, faceless men.

When is Winter Comiket again? My dick cant wait for the shit they're cooking up

Not him, but refute what? You gave no specifics, just made up a bunch of shit. I've seen people who played it and who were very satisfied.
>b-but people liked bad games!
And? People liked good games too. You have no fucking point. Stop being a retard.

dont worry the doujins will satisfy your creampie fantasies

oh man i hope not, based mara is too based to get censored, i need that phallic SOB in the game

I didn't realize it had released. Thanks for reminding me anons, will be buying today

Nippon pron forges too slow damn it

Why? Japanese had the voices recorded for over a year before release, what was stopping Atlus USA from working at that point?

Cash Flow

I love the logic of this thread.

>No one has played it because I haven't played it!

Despite the game being out even before its release date. Even NeoFAG has been playing since a while ago.

I almost agree with you, but Yusuke exists. And Yusuke is the fucking best.

I had videos on youtube but got taken down. even just songs get taken down

Small gripe, but I wish that they'd stop changing the levels of persona and how good they are. Pretty sure way back when Hua Po was super good and level 30.

Wish they'd stick to something.

It's not so much that no one has played it, I don't doubt there are a couple anons dedicated enough to learn Japanese.

However, I seriously doubt everyone talking shit about the game has played it, simply due to the nature of Cred Forums. I don't doubt some people who actually played the Japanese version might have legitimate grievances, however.

The thing Persona 5 gets wrong is that it half-asses everything. It wants to be rebellious and edgy but doesn't fully commit to it and just ends up as supermodel teenagers cosplaying fighting reused enemies. They're not even real thieves, just the same moralfags wearing furry outfits. It also tries the whole wacky feel-good friendship anime but just recycles tropes and with characters that aren't as good as previous game's.

Yusuke has a cool voice, but just like the rest , he's painfully bland and doesn't do anything fun or interesting throughout the game. That's why the people and story of 5 isn't as likable as 4's. And 4 isn't even all that great so yeah

What the fuck. Did you even play the game? Yusuke does a shitload of fun stuff. Did you miss the lobster scene? The boat? All the posing? Nearly everyone else I can take or leave, but saying that Yusuke DOESN'T DO ANYTHING FUN OR INTERESTING just makes me think you're being a shitposter.

playstation exclusive

Don't worry guys, this game's reputation will take a permanent positive turn once the pc version gets announced.

Until the Japanese translation is done, they won't even know where to start.

He didnt that's why he is shitpostin,must be some fag from the smt general

>shitty UI makes it a chore to play
>all the girls are used goods
>best girl isn't even datable
>literal NTR
>only 50 hrs long
>playstation exclusive

Then start translating early. Nothing stopped Namco from doing near-simultaneous release for Vesperia.
Lies.

What went so right

>best boy died
>went so right
kys