Guys, if do you ever consider mobile gaming relevant? If not - why?

Guys, if do you ever consider mobile gaming relevant? If not - why?

Also, what are in your opinion good examples of good mobile game design?

fuck mobile gaming, it's control scheme is a fucking bane of any sane person

I use my phone as a phone

If I wanna play games I'll play them on a handheld because they were made for playing games

Phone games are for normies who aren't into video games enough to have a handheld

I-I'm having fun...

then again, from a sales point of view - normies are much easier to cater to, and also are less critical when it comes to spending money on shit like extra lives in candycrush

I just want non-p2w versions of smartphone games so I can play them.

Like PaD

>then again, from a sales point of view
Fuck off mobege dev.
You're just doing it for the money, you fucking jew.
You're one of the cancer that killing this industy.

>implying pad isnt p2w

The only good mobile games are the paid ones, like GTA ports, The Room series and excellent GO series by Square Enix

>touch controls
>ever relevant
At least wait for holograms baka

Right now im playing Downwell, Dungelot, Kings League and Crash Drive 2.

All those games are good when played in short bursts.

Mobile gaming is not made for long saisons like handheldgames for exampel.

yeah, I think that certain price for which you recieve a complete gaming experiece without paywall is the best model for now

because fucking hell, I would rather pay ten bucks for something complete that was designed to be enjoyed for that price, rather than pay a dollar for a fucking b8

I like mobile gaming. Pic related.

those fukken controls

Shitty unresponsive controls
Ads and microtransactions
Primitive gameplay
Bad graphics
Battery consuming
Long loading times
Often buggy
Untrustworthy devs

The only good form of mobile faming is emulation and it's actually pretty damn good. Hook up a controller over BT for more demanding games and just use the touch controls when viable.

What about some singleplayer games?

Star Knight, Magic Rampage, OneMoreJump

I play lot of mobile games, i think the japanese mobage industry is really interessing and our last hope to have a breath of fresh air in the industry, but it doesn't really surprise me that mobile game have bad rep, for a single puzzle & dragons there is shit like clash of clan pay or wait model, a thousand of skinner boxes pretending to be RPG and horde and horde of copycat apps who are less of a game than flash game you would find on the internet

No.
Mobile has all the potential to be a fully-fledged platform for all sorts of turn-based games. But apparently the problem is in the mobile audience themselves. They doesn't seem to mind or demand anything more than endless runners, p2w collecting and slot bullshit, and other digital toys.

>no physical buttons
Have you tried suicide

the one I'm playing isn't

>ports
stopped reading there, no the GTA port isn't good and neither playable.

It is relevant but most people refuse to accept it.
I've seen mobile games that had better gameplay than some legit AAA turds.

>hook up a controller
at which point why not just play it on your 40 inch TV?

This and most of them feel really soulless, build to be just a cashgrabs.

The only good games on mobile are ports of console/pc games, and games played through emulators :P

If you carry a bag with you it's not that much of a burden.

>if you carry a bag with you
Yeah, but if I carry something with me I have a destination, a goal. I only go outside if I have something to do. If I have something to do I don't have time for videogames. Especially since playing outside isn't comfortable. Why would I carry around a controller twice the size of my smartphone?

final fantasy record keeper is crazy still. chain blizzaga FTW.

Why play that over any of the other dozens of Final Fantasy games out there?

Relevant to what? To the market, sure. To gameplay innovations, hell now.

There are some really good mobile games/decent mobile ports, most people on Cred Forums are just stubborn about accepting the future.

it has hundreds of chars, no story, just you fighting and fucking shit up. unless ur high level and have actual good strategy, you'll get yo shit pushed in by the higher up bosses. theres almost 230 ish abilities, 130+ chars, most ff's represented, HUNDREDS of limit breaks, een the most unpopolar chars get to shine, ect. i used to hate mobile trash, but squar is killin it with mobius and record keeper. brave exvius......no clue looked kinda boring. if you like infinite party customization, stat allocation, chars actually having and representing classes (paladin cecil is knight 5*, white mage 4*, combat*), an shit, the games rediculous. i got a ps4, bomb pc having friend and this shit is all he plays atm. ive played for 1 3/4th years tho, so breaking into a game this big CAN be hard. you WILL be weak for a while. they give out plenty of mythril- what you use to draw for weapons. it uses a gacha that is much more forgiving than most.

They released that one PaD game on 3DS that was just PaD with no ftp shit. It came with a mario version, too.

They also released battle cats with no pay to win shit on their, and that's pretty great.

Mobile phone gaming wI'll always be limited. Touchscreen controls fucking suck, and there's not a significant amount of storage for 3D assets. Your best bet for mobile games is a cheap remake of solitaire or gridlock to kill time.

chars #2. straight OP

No, because they fucking suck.

>Battle Cats
>Click. Wait. Win or lose.

THE FUTURE IS HERE FOLKS

Battlecats is the best mobile game.

The collection aspect is where the fun comes from. That and grinding.

So it doesn't actually take gameplay to succeed on the mobile store? Incredible.

So just like a RTS game? Or a tower defense game?

Can you understand then why mobile gaming is not regarded as being equal to anything else?

No because it's all skinner box bullshit intended for the lowest common denominator

It takes a tower defense mechanism.

Im going to acknowledge the flawed comparison but I'll leave it up to you to figure out why comparing battlecats to a strategy game is straight up windowlicker logic.

There are a few good games I've found. I usually just play idle/clicker shit though because it's something to do.

Obviously. I never said it was. Just responded to that guy talking about non p2w versions of mobile games, and 3ds port of battle cats is a good example.

They're great. The problem is, not many games actually utilize the unique aspects of mobile phones.
See Pokemon Go or Ingress, the concept of GPS play is very fun.

It is user, you have to strategize for levels with specific units. Some enemies are Floating,Alien,Red,Black,Metal,etc. You have to bring units that does something to those enimes. Cat Eastwood freezes black enemies I believe. If not you will continue to lose.

What's the difference between this game and brave exvius?

This.Thank you user who got me into this game a few months ago

Anytime senpai.
>Tfw they'll get an anime just like P&D did.
We can all hope this is true.

Sure, but you're acting as if modern video games have standards. When it comes to entertainment. I had more fun with PaD than most modern games this decade.

Yeah I didn't touch the Mario shit though, seems like there's no reason to play that when the real deal exists.

Pokemon GO is a trash game and it's not even a pokemon game. It misses the key aspects of a Pokemon game.

it's like calling a Zelda game without bombs, rupees, hearts and arrows a Zelda game

But considering you called it fun means you're already filtered.

Came here to mention the go series

I never said PGo is good fuckboy. It's wasted potential but the GPS system was really great and probably the reason why it went so big.
>filtering Anons

>I never said it was good
I never said you said it was good, also that's the wrong fuccboi term I can tell you're new

>comparing battlecats to a strategy game is straight up windowlicker logic.
But it is a strategy game.

I haven't found a mobile game worth playing since I started using smartphones. Which is the reason I stopped buying "flagship" phones and started buying cheaper ones.

Emulation is all I do on my phone game wise, but I carry a small bluetooth controller for that. If I know I'm going to be traveling or sitting around for a while, I just bring my Vita.

It's a blight.

Without any actual buttons, I have no idea how to make a mobile game good.

No physical buttons allows for more flexibility, and increases skill ceiling.

Cred Forums made me interested in Dragon Quest so last week I beat DQ1 mobile edition and I'm currently about to finish 2. It's been a blast I have to say, the controls are comfy the portability is great, I carry my phone more often than my 3DS, so that's an advantage, been playing some DS emulated games and started to download MobiusFF since it looks fine as well

The Mario one was way more difficult iirc. Like it got impossible in the last few stages.

If you have a 3ds I suggest trying out Battle cats, if theres a demo try that out first. Sorry if it sounds like shilling

I hate NSMB artstyle and I simply don't believe you

Sure thing, when I get home I'll look for a demo

I'm tempted to buy the White Day remake but I heard they might make a PC version.

monument valley and lyne are good games

Is it relevant? Yes, it appeals to a gigantic demographic and you can thousandfold your production value easily via ad revenue and minor game maker/construct/unity knowledge as long as you make a catchy casual game.

I'm still personally not comfortable with it to any extent.

I wouldn't know much, but Monument Valley is fucking great. That one steven universe game called Attack The Light is also pretty good, given its platform - it's like a mobile paper mario. I haven't delved much into the platform to know much though.

Ambition of the slimes, Crashlands, Sword of Xolan, Zenonia

That's about it.

bump

exvius is literally just RK with a story and donut steels