Is there any Boos Fight in Dark Souls 2 that is not completely shit?

>Fuck hitboxes - the boss fight

Perfect hitboxes every time I've ever fought him on PS3/PS4. I've heard the hitboxes are garbage on the PC version, though. Hell, I've seen video proving it.

>Good DS2 bosses
Executioner's Chariot
Raime
Sir Alonne
Ivory King
Elana
Old Dragonslayer
Darklurker
Aava
Smelter Demon

>Not shit DS2 bosses
Old Dragonslayer
Duke's Dear Freja
Lost Sinner
Sinh
Najka
Throne Duo

Even Dragonrider was a pretty fun fight if you didn't raise the platforms to make the arena larger, didn't trick him into falling off, and didn't use a shield.

The big 2-headed spider with a bunch of small spiders I thought was a fun boss, as well as the scorpion grill with 2 tails.

Base game wise?

I liked the spider, chariot, Lost Sinner, weird frog thing and The Dragon

All the DLC bosses were good save the multiplayer focused reskins.

Old Dragonslayer can't bypass a small shield and rolling away gives you plenty of time to counter-attack him.
Freja was just boring and the little spiders were more of a threath than her.
Lost Sinner was okay, but a shield makes the fight a joke.
Dragonrider is still a joke even without shield and tricks.
Throne duo wants to be the next Ornstein and Smough, but fails.
Najka is Quelaag with Homing Soulmass.
Sinh is the boring version of Kalameet.

Raime, Alonne, Ivory King, Looking Glass Knight, Lost Sinner, Najka, Not-Ornstein (as a tutorial/basic first boss) were all good boss fights, among others that I can't be arsed to think about right now.

The only really shit bosses I can think of are:

> Giant rat cunt with the fuck you mobs where the only strategy is to one shot them right away, who then proceeds to stay in range for you to attack for 2 seconds at a time

> Spider was pretty uninspired, though the beam and the NG+ surprise was cool I guess

> The first dragonrider is excusable as a tutorial boss, but the twin dragonriders are just annoying, ninja gaiden offscreen attack tier; not really that hard or anything

> Any boss that's made for 2 players is shit. I'm looking at you, Lud and Zullen. Throne twins weren't too bad I guess, cause they weren't too fast; still a mediocre boss though.

> Aldia wasn't THAT bad, but they could've done better for a final final boss

FUCK the whole path to alonne though, that kinda thing is where ds2 really shit the bed

The three gankers are one of the worst boss fight ever.

Ya I played it when the game was dead on PS4. Blue Smelter and Two cats can be done solo but the gank squad is infuriating .

>Souls games
>good boss fights

Not until they fix the retarded AI, the inaccurate hitbox work, the complete lack of impact in the combat, simplicity of said combat, and that awful generic latin chorus music.

How would you fix the shit bosses?
>Covetous demon
Speed her up and make her leave a trail of slime that slows you down
>Skeltal lords
You have to kill them all at the same time in a short time window or they resurrect. Give them better move sets. Two of them will harass you while the third one attempts to summon wheelie skeletons if not interrupted.

>Two of them will harass you while the third one attempts to summon wheelie skeletons if not interrupted.
I don't think From Soft is capable of programming such advanced AI behaviour outside of brief scripted events.

Yes, most of them you shitposting faggot

Not really because the core gameplay of DaS2 is unsatisfying and sticky as all hell. I'd love to see Raime, Alonne, Lost Sinner, Looking-Glass Knight, Velstadt, Sinh and the Ivory King in DaS3 or 1 without the shit animations from both parties.

Brave thread, OP. You clearly know how to think for yourself.

It's sad how underwhelming skeleton lords were. I had more troubles navigating the copse area and dealing with the generic mobs there than the actual bossfight. And they had such a cool fucking arena too.

the sentinels were pretty good for a 3v1 boss because they gave you time to learn their movesets and not get obliterated

>>Good DS2 bosses
>starts with Chariot
stopped reading there.

I don't mind Skeleton Lords because they're a perfectly good trap. You go there, kill all 3 then get fucked. Then you've learned what to do and kill one, kill the skeletons, repeat.

>implying you didn't jizz your pants the first time that thing went screaming by

All of them besides Congregation and Covetous.

Chariot is a fantastic puzzle boss who's still an actual fight after you pull the lever to stop him.
If he was a DS3 boss, he'd just get one shot by smashing into the gate.

Nah, the chariot was actually pretty gud.

Setinels is more of a 1v1 followed by a 2v1 then a 3v1. Only dumbfucks jump down before killing the first one.

i never played the DLC but thinking back, yeah, there wasn't a single boss fight that i really loved. i've heard a lot that the darklurker is the best boss from multiple people, but i killed that fag on my first try and hardly remember him.
whats fantastic about him? its hardly a puzzle. the chariot is basically a forgettable boss ripped from an imaginary zelda game. he's cool visually at least.

>yfw they jump up the first time

>i never played the DLC

Too bad, it's the best content by far in any Dark Souls game and completely marries DS1's level design strengths with DS2's more refined mechanics.

>tfw the fucking NPC summon aggros the other 2 to the fight

Fume Knight

Probably the best boss in the entire series to be honest.

If you sit on the edge in the corner you can get behind the first one jumping up, hit him a few times and have his movements get him to fall off again.
Then you just cycle through both of them like this and never actually 2v1 them.

The problem with DS2 isn't that it doesn't have good bosses, the problem is that the game is absolutely enormous compared to DS1 and DS3.
There may be way more bad bosses in DS2 but there's also more good bosses, both being attributed to just how huge the game is.

I also think DS2 has the best movement in the series. Controls are responsive enough to play reactively unlike DS1, take the neutral roll button back step for example. In DS1 it's completely useless, in DS2 it's a quick back step that covers a fair amount of distance and has very little startup. ADP is also a great stat and should have been carried over.

And possibly the best thing about DS2 is that it still feels like a dark souls game unlike DS3.
Bloodborne ruined the feel of DS3 by bringing in the "you're going to take damage, there's nothing you can do" enemies. In DS2 there's no enemies that do 180° swipe combos at you while lunging from 8 feet away. There's no enemies that just decide you're done stun locking them and do a 2 frame attack while you're in the middle of hitting them. There are far less monster closests that force you to take unnecessary damage.

DS2 might not go down as a masterpiece like DS1 will but it was still a very good game and the best in the series at more than one of the many things that make the series great.

i might check it out, hopefully i still have my DaS2 save from before I switched HDDs.

fume knight was hard as fuck
tiger twins were hard as fuck if you didnt kill the first one fast enough
even the first tiger was difficult
that jap nigga (alonne) fight was good but you have to patient as fuck doing only one hit each opening
pursuer's we hard too especially with their magnetic fuck hueg sword
smelter was a bit hard for me but after countless tries i then learned it's easier to just run at him to bait his attacks
dark lurker was annoying because there was two of them
ivory king was a huge bitch nigga to deal with because his attacks have little windup or tells and he has tick damage from his magic sword
you basically have to juggle his attention back and forth between you and that npc knight youre with

everything else i had little difficulty with unless there was some gimmick involved (like the poison floor or there was two of them attacking)

DaS 2 being so huge took me by surprise.

I got to the castle and assumed that was the final dungeon . There being another 6 hours of game after blew me away.

Oh, also, I think I have like a lvl 120 character. Should I do new game+ for the DLC or stay on new game?

Fume knight?

I recall Miyazaki stating that DaS 3 was just as large.

Oh, the disappointment.

>And possibly the best thing about DS2 is that it still feels like a dark souls game unlike DS3.
Bloodborne ruined the feel of DS3 by bringing in the "you're going to take damage, there's nothing you can do" enemies.

So much this, at least BB enemies and bosses that had random flailing attacks that you can safely parry from a distance once you identify that's their "please parry me" attack.

Even with those bs attacks DS3 felt too easy, maybe because I played BB a ton.

>even the first tiger was difficult
Nah, it's super slow and has like three attacks in total.
>tiger twins were hard as fuck if you didnt kill the first one fast enough
The second one comes down depending on how much health the first one has, not after a certain time has passed.
It also depends on how many phantoms you've summoned, the more - the earlier it will join the fight.
It's actually more beneficial to do the Frigid Outskirts solo, because it makes the first half of the fight safer, and summoning increases enemy defense and poise.
Or you can just banish the phantoms with the black crystal like a faggot, after they carried you through the zone.

"Return to form"
"Interconnected world"

They didn't even have a 2nd entrance to the catacombs in that area with the skellys near Velka's statue.

Almost as linear as FF13.

I wouldn't even have minded as much if only there was some variety to the areas. DaS 2 for instance gets you from Heide's to that rat level, afterwards to the underground pirate den and the list goes on. All of these are fundamentally different. Different colors, different places.

DaS 3 makes you walk down a wooden path, only for you to end up at a wooden, wet area and once you get through that, you're at a wooden swamp. That was not as much moving on from point A to B as rather A to A+1, making the entire struggle rather unrewarding.

Every now and then, I can't help but feel that having three different influences on DaS 2 and a production mess on their hands might have done the game some creative good. DaS 3 felt like Miyazaki putting a very tight leash on the franchise after all the flak DaS 2 got.

DaS 3 bosses are pretty great though. Then again, not having a bonfire ascetic for those is p. bad. Sure, you can always do multiplayer but that's not the same and getting disconnected once the shitter host dies is also very demotivating.

hardest part for me regarding the tiger's was just waiting for the opening

and no he wasnt slow as fuck
also every attack he made had super far reach
like he'd zoom right at you with each swipe so if you didnt dodge proper or didnt use a shield good shield youd be fucked
he also had an instant swipe that didnt give any tells
the only time i could easily get damage in on him is when he used his homing icicles
every time i was far from him id anticipate his use of the missle and as soon as he started charging them, all i had to do was dash right up to his ass and the missles would never hit and allowed me 2 free hits if i made it before they were shot

also the twin tigers, if the other one joined the fight and the first one wasnt dead, theyd kill you pretty easily since their attack clip through you so if you dont kill the first one quick enough after the second one joined, youd be fucked
plus if your weapon was likely to break because before the whole fight was over so having a back up was imperitive

>DaS 3 bosses are pretty great though.

Only the last few ones.

The puzzle nu-boss ones are the worst shit ever, effectively making DS3 have the least bosses since DeS, 14.
Then there's huge areas like the swamp and Undead Settlement that have 1 boss and even that is optional in the case of Settlement.
Meanwhile even nano-sized areas like Heide had 2 bosses.

It's really baffling how could you play through the rest of the game, if you really thought the snow kitties were fast.
You're probably biased, because you had a hard time fighting them for some reason. Try to look up a video right now, when you're not the one holding the controller. You'll realize how slow they are.
>plus if your weapon was likely to break because before the whole fight was over so having a back up was imperitive
Or you could just carry a stack of repair powder with you at all times like a sane person.

You just have to have patience on the rolls, the attacks are delayed as fuck, the only truly fast attack is the 180 paw in the face when you stay under the cat.

what about me

the only non dlc bosses i liked were the ruin sentinels and dark lurker

>Three different influences
Can you explain?

Directors essentially.

are you saying you actually died to skeleton lords?

even terrible players figured out how to run in a circle around the pillars to kill all the skeletons at once

it's easy to figure out the second time around, but knowing how to fight a big horde of skeletons doesn't help too much if they spawn literally right on top of you while you're in mid-swing

I agree with everything here. There's

>take the neutral roll button back step for example

On top of this you have far more freedom in how to use this. You can be running forward, flip the control stick behind you to pivot 180 while still coming to a stop and instantly do a backstep out of this, going straight from run to backstep. This level of movement is impossible in DaS1.

The Chariot race was a bit interesting. Also giving the player two different ways to defeat it was nifty too.

anyone got a graph for Bloodborne?

Yes. Better boss fight than anything in DS1 or its DLC.

Is there any thread on Cred Forums that isn't a shitpost?

No.
Bloodboredome is a bad game and we don't care enough about it to make a graph for it.

nope unfortunately, you're welcome to try and create meaningful discussion

>tfw your friend doesn't tell you the two cat boss was meant for two people after spending countless hours in that frozen hell

>I guess im just that good

>this massive DS3 butthurt
Yeah i am talking to you piece of shit. Your game is shit and you can make a hundred more graphs and your game will still be shit.

EVEN MORE SHIT THAN DS2!!!

the worst part for me was that i didnt have xbox live so i had to go through the smelter cave bullshit everytime i died

The only good boss in DaS2 was looking glass knight.

Don't listen to him the DLC is mediocre as hell

Always liked DS2, starting a new game is fun because there's a lot of options on where to go right off the bat. Also getting the ember to upgrade weapons can be done in minutes which help speeds things along.

lol , that pic gets posted all the time. It give the same reaction every time too

>Nah, it's super slow and has like three attacks in total.

It was a better boss than just about everything in DS1. If you don't think Aava is at least decent than I have no idea why you'd find 90% of them in the first game acceptable. DS1's shear lack of good bosses that aren't based around a lame gimmick is really a bigger point against it than most will admit.

Most of them weren't that bad, just really easy.

Not him, but it depends one which aspects we are talking about.
In terms of gameplay and pvp DaS2 is superior, as the powerstancing thing makes builds more diverse. However DaS2 is way too easy, has much less interesting visuals, and the worst story of the lot. It also has some areas which are clearly meant to be annoying rather than challenging.
However, DaS3 also had some areas like that, and took a step backwards on the gameplay by recoiling back to DaS1 combat entirely.
They also both had fucking horrendous covenant systems.

I would say DaS2 is better in pure gameplay, however DaS3 is better for story, visuals, music, area design. It's all based on your priories

nah most of them were "big" guys in armor. It got stale pretty quickly

>nah most of them were "big" guys in armor.

Name 20.

I haven't played DaS3 and BB, but the other Souls games has a quasi-exact 40% of big guys with weapon as bosses each. So it's not really a good complaint.

I guess, but those are honestly my favorite kind of fights. I think it's hard to make big monster bosses interesting to fight. Look at Ancient Dragon or Last Giant/Giant Lord. You just smack their feet the whole time and they're so big they can almost never hit you. Fights with enemies around your size are usually better fights.

stop this meme

>Sir Alonne
>Fume Knight
>Sinh
>Ivory King
>Velstadt

good points

the problem is that they all have the same moveset retards

did you beat them by yourself or did you hire help?

i beat them all by myself and only used help for the sinner and that stanky ho that came before the last boss of sunken king but only because i thought i'd try out the npc help

most of the other bosses were easy though just the one i posted here gave me trouble

i guess my problem with these fights is that i dont feel like im making any impact when i hit them. Makes me feel like im hitting a rock. At least in bloodborne you could cripple limps of some bosses

And big monsters have the same movesets, too.

>they try to stomp on you if you're too close
>if you're not too close they do a big, highly telegraphed, easily dodgeable swing
>if it's a dragon, they'll fly up into the air and shoot fire at some point, just run away

>big guy with sword
>big guy with sword
>shittier Kalameet
>big guy with sword (bonus swarm of smaller guys with swords)
>>big guy with mace (sword moveset)

>velstadt
the poor sod can't even attack you if you slightly move to the left or right
it's not a really engaging boss fight

>he didn't play bloodborne

lmao, just lmao.

I like how there are still arguments about what das is best and what not, even though I thought 2 was piss I can at least admit that if each game is still being fought over then they must all be good in some ways.
>ps3 release sinner

Pursuer, Dragonrider, Old Dragonslayer, Ruin Sentinels, Smelter Demon (Well he is actually a big dude who IS armor, but hey), Prowling Magus (Not in armor but is just a normal fucking man), Dragonriders, Looking Glass Knight, Velstadt, Vendrick (he stripped but same concept), Giant Lord (He is big and in armor), Throne Defender and Throne Watcher, 3 Graveyard Fuckers, Fume Knight, Alonne, Smelter Demon (The other one), Ivory King.

I beat the gank squad and Cool Ranch solo without any problems but I can't do 2cat, hell, most times I can't even get to the boss fog.

What am I doing wrong?

We're talking about Dark Souls, and I did play Bloodborne.

you're doing nothing wrong, it's just that it can't be done by human standards
the only possible way to get to the fog door alone is to completely get rid of the reindeers by killing each of them 12 times

not him but all this time i thought they spawned infinitely

delete this

kill all the reindeers until they stop spawning

you'll feel better if you do

Nothing that whole area is fucked .

Even if you summon people in it's still a shit show with the invisible reindeer.

I was so pussed after getting through that area for the boss to be two cats. I'm glad there's nothing of importance in that whole area I always skip it now.

The reindeer only spawn in blizzard conditions, just wait in the ruins until it's clear and run for it. When the blizzard starts up while you're running, just keep running straight for the next set of ruins, deal with the reindeer there.

I really don't get what people liked about him

He just does a lot of damage and as a trade for that it is really easy to evade through all of his attacks.

I didn't hate the boss at all but it was just boring.

Your point being? This meme is stale.

no, he has plenty of sweeping attacks as well as ones that track you

Exactly like the game it is about.

Not every boss can be a Taurus or a Capra you fuck.

what if there was a small guy with daggers boss

So? I am not sure why you would want to jump to the other extreme then?

The problem is when the bosses are too samey.
It doesn't matter where they are on the "big guy in armor" to "weird monstrosity" spektrum.
If too many are too similar the game is too stale.

BB for example could've used maybe one or two guys in armor.
And DaS2 could've used more monsters.

Maybe that is the root of the problem
Maybe the designers at from worked on both games at the same time and that split the designs. Everything which fit better into DaS2 was stuck into das2 and the same with BB

That is why DaS1 and DaS3 have a better variety.

>Taurus or a Capra

And what's good about either aside from how they might surprise newbie players who don't yet know how to deal with them?

>people summoning me for ivory king with only one loyce knight

pls

of the FORTY bosses in DS2 i counted TEN "big guys in armor" (excluded a few for various reasons like the giants)

so you can stop spooting the meme whenever youre ready

Everything about the fight is ruined by the fact that the animations are trash.
He's so stiff and jerky, comparing it with Artorias would be like comparing Musashi Gundoh with Akira.

The game was boring.

Maybe it was boring for more reasons than just the bosses.

well if it's boring just say that instead yea?

Isn't that what people are saying when they are saying too many bosses are too similar?

I really liked velstadt

because its wrong

Grinded out my Sunlight medals on him.

Fun boss.

dark souls 2 was a massive disappointment
i mean 5 hours in and i had only beaten this mother fucker and the stupid last giant, both monumentally underwhelming fights
like, for a first fight in the game, WHY
why not pursuer? would have made much more of an impression
god dark souls 2 was bad

it sounds like they are trying draw attention away from the real reason they really dislike, which just doesnt hold up well when held to the light of objectivity

what ever man
if you didnt enjoy it just say so and feel free to elaborate so you can effectively convey your feelings

Quantity does not equal quality. I rather liked that 3 had only one boss per area(with a few exceptions). It means that every boss is thematically appropriate and tied to the area, and carried a gravitas to them. When you were fighting a boss you knew you were at the climax of the level. The only bosses that are kind of iffy in that regard are the Crystal Sage and the Old Demon King.

>if you didnt enjoy it just say so and feel free to elaborate so you can effectively convey your feelings
So you want autism friendly posts?

That is interesting. I always thought Kornheiser edits became big here for the same reason.
Because autists like you can read the emotion below the picture without actually being able to read faces

And you want the same for posts. To people to not go into specifics they don't like but always proclaim their overall feelings directly so you are not confused.

I am pretty sure everyone else understood complaints about "big guys in armor" exactly like I did but now I get why that complaint always got so much backlash from autists.

> just dodges the question

i see now what youre trying to do

I didn't dodge any question.
The game is too samey. The bosses are too similar to both each other and previous games
Ornstein is a fucking travesty alone

You have legitimate autism

What point or questions was I dodging?

But the Pursuer is the first boss you fucking retard.

thread's dead mate, no point in trying to delay the inevitable

Throne Duo just felt really easy and underwhelming to me because they are way slower than Ornstein and Smough.

>but now I get why that complaint always got so much backlash from autists

is it because it was a false statement?

Yes they obviously intended for you to kill him when he has no healthbar.

Mathematically.

To autist 50% or more of the bosses would have to be big guys in armor. Because they have only mathematical intelligence and lack emotional intelligence.

They did, it "leaves much more of an impression" if the player actually kills it.

Soloed them on NG+2 for the first time.
Obviously, fighting two at the same time makes the fight less predictable, because you have to do more, than just follow the timing on a single boss' attacks.
I was talking more about the tiger bosses individually. They have really limited moveset and their attacks are real slow, and they often run away from you to do the long ass icicle animations, and give plenty of space to heal up, repair, etc.