Now that the dust has settled, what's the best ending?

Now that the dust has settled, what's the best ending?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11284558
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_endings
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Objectively, Yes Man

NCR with alliances all round

>NCR

Basically

>Good Ending
NCR

>Bad Ending
Legion

>Joke Ending
House

Yes Man doesn't count as a true ending because no thought was put into it at all, it was just a last minute fail-safe so the player can still finish the game if they fuck around too much.

this
fuck off libertarian/fascist pleb

>Joke Ending
>House
Negative

fuck off libertarian pleb

>Good ending NCR
>people actually believe this

The NCR are incompotent corrupt hacks, how can anybody genuinely think they're a better ending than Yes Man or Mr House?

Doesnt matter who you side with at the end as long as the BoS, Benny, White Gloves, Khans, Fiends, Boomers, White Legs, all super mutants, Veronica, Elijah, the Think Tank and Ulysses are eradicated.

Yes Man all the way, you literally tell everybody to just fuck off

mr. house is the best ending for not only New Vegas and the Mojave Wasteland, but for restoring humanity and bringing back the pre-war era

Legion ending is the worst? Best finale at least

Josh Sawyer called NCR, House, and Yes Man the three "soft grey choices". There's no definite "good" ending; there are the three decent ones and the bad one.

LETS SETTLE THIS

strawpoll.me/11284558
>strawpoll.me/11284558
strawpoll.me/11284558
>strawpoll.me/11284558

NCR ending is the worst ending for them, they can't afford to continue expanding at the rate they have been.
Legion is a joke as always.
House is full of contradictions like house killing the kings for helping the NCR give out food, despite the NCR being his best customers.
Yes man is like house with its contradictions, why can't I help the Followers out if I have maxed out my rep with them and have done all the quests around Freeside to fix things?
I blame TIME CONSTRICTIONS for all of it if I'm honest.

The one where the Courier and Father Elijah take over the Mojave together

My niggah

The best ending for Fallout 4 was with the railroad, it also happens to be the best ending in a fallout game, end of story.

NV never really hit me from a story standpoint, you never really had a role in the world, just some pleb that got messed around in other peoples affairs. Fallout 4 is much better from a story telling stand point since it puts you into a unique position that grants credence to your characters development, you expect some delivery boy to be allowed into military powers so easily? Or allowed to even get close to faction leaders? Logically it makes no sense, fallout 4 actually makes sense.

Josh Sawyer also sucks dick, believes in flat Earth, and thinks gender is a social construct so who give a shit what that retard thinks

>Josh Sawyer
He is a cuck and you know it.

Yeah, I love how in the House ending they talk about how literally nothing changes.

How can Mr Housefags prefer that ending to Yes Man?

>views you as some errand boy chump
>is laughably under prepared in terms of his personal defenses
>is a literal corpse

This. Even Avellone spells it out for you.

Any case to be made for the other endings is speculation.

>Any case to be made for the other endings is speculation.
The ending slides prove NCR win is best for everybody. It's the only ending with objective, explicit support.

>and thinks gender is a social construct
It is though.

>tfw trying to play through OWB for the first time

People said Dead Money was the worst, but it still decent despite the flaws. OWB is fucking painful to play, I'm a fucking grown man, this is like marathoning a children's cartoon. I feel embarrassed to be playing.

>The ending slides prove NCR win is best for everybody

In what way? THe NCR are a corrupt, crumbling and failing faction that simply will not be able to sustain what they need to sustain.

Housefags are basically Yes Man fags who are lazy and just want the free stuff House gives you.

Why do people hate Veronica? Is that her VA?

House doesn't give you anything.

The character, her affiliation and her VA.

Enjoying humour does not make you a kid, you'll understand when you get out of puberty.

I prefer NCR ending, alliances with everyone except for Khans and the Brotherhood. Fuck those guys.
Speaking of the brotherhood, does nobody else find it really odd that Veronica doesn't react to you wiping them out? Bitch, I've betrayed your family and nuked them all when they've thought of me like a brother, you want to maybe say a word about that? No? Fine.

Yeah, they should of put in more f-words and references to drugs. (my favorite is marijuana)

I don't want to manage Vegas. I want to come back, get free shit, do the odd job for House and get thousands of caps, and then go out on my travels again.

Are you retarded? Just read the slides, they are readily accessible. There is zero indication that the NCR will collapse outside of the shrill whining of it's opponents. Only with the NCR can you have happy peaceful endings for everyone. Only with the NCR does the Mojave flourish. Only the NCR is actively pursuing scientific and moral progress.

Ending says he gives you free stuff

>dude science lmao

This is just nonsense. The writing is almost as bad as the Shivering Isles, and I fucking hated that shit.

Legion.

Yes Man ending

>House is full of contradictions like house killing the kings for helping the NCR give out food, despite the NCR being his best customer
He eradicates them because they claim domain over Freeside, which he annexes. It has nothing to do with their NCR affiliation.

>hating Shivering Isles

You could've just said upfront that your taste is shit, it would save me the effort.

No, he doesn't. He literally only kills the Kings if they set up a soup kitchen with the NCR. Where the fuck are you even getting this?

If you don't make Kings like NCR, House is okay with them.

Great piece of criticism. Anyone can say that about any video games attempt at humor.

NCR technological progress is readily apparent in their orked out power armors and Helios.

Well, shit, you're right. That's what I get for opening my mouth about an ending I last played before Dead Money came out.

Given the narration in the ending slides, NCR.
Everything else is speculation.

I feel like the Yes Man ending can have any kind of impact, good or bad, on New Vegas depending on your character. Brutal psycopath = New Vegas is screwed. But, Smart person = Best option.

-NCR: Plagued by corrupt leaders, is spread too thin, and has poorly trained soldiers. (excluding rangers, which are too few and far between to be an army.)

-Ceasar's Legion: Will colapse after Caesar's death, overly brutal, and primitive.

-Mr. House: Okayish, but his intentions are foggy. He's been in the game for 200 years, he is a businessman, why would one trust everything coming out of his mouth? with his securitron army, he could do anything he pleased, think about it...

Now, back to my point. After accomplishing the best ending possible with independence, I'd do things like strengthen the border with the Mark 2 securitrons, make peace with the factions within my borders, use them to my advantages, and eventually expand The Strip's borders into Freeside and the surronding areas, expanding the save haven. I'm still thinking of things I could do, but I find that I've been the most satisfied with the Yes Man ending.

TL;DR: Yes Man ending is the best is because YOU CHOOSE WHAT YOU WANT TO DO! based on personal roleplaying creativity.

Can we all agree at least that legion is the worst?

No.

>Only the NCR is actively pursuing scientific and moral progress.

The Yes Man is entirely dependent on the character and Mr House is literally making an army of robots, so how can you make this blatantly false claim?

You NCRfags are the worst, I swear. At least legionfags admit that their ending is pretty shit tier, you NCRcucks however are straight up delusional.

Are you seriously suggesting the NCR is not the most advanced civilization we know of in the Fallout universe? House has some slick tech, but he's only one guy and has the distinct advantage of setting virtually every piece of that up pre-Armageddon. He's also not actually doing anything productive with it, just sitting there like the miser he is. Whereas the NCR is specifically pursuing scientific and technological advancement for the public good.

These are objectively the best rankings

Yes Man > Mr House > power gap > NCR > dogshit > Legion

Easily. People who praise Legion unironicly are contrarians who just side with them because lel degenerates I'm so cool for opposing the system.

I don't get why Independent Couriers actually pick Independent over House. I'd personally roll with House first and see how it goes. If House does anything retarded, you could always just kill him and take over anyway. Killing House before seeing what he can do seems like a waste of resources.

>what is the Enclave
>What are the Brotherhood of Steel

The NCR couldn't even get the power grid running when they took Helios from the Brotherhood of Steel, they are incompetent hacks.

And what scientific advancements they're achieving, with people like Fantastic under their banner!

>Make Mr House get a monopoly
>He uses his significant resource increase and upgraded bots to upgrade his personal security
>He then fucks you over just like he did to Benny because he views you as nothing more than some lapdog errand boy

Mr Housefags are literal cucks.

Best ending is using all the Factions to get what you want then straight up wrecking them in the Independent ending when you put yourself in a strong position of power

>He then fucks you over just like he did to Benny because he views you as nothing more than some lapdog errand boy

Objectively false. In every House ending he acknowledges that you are his greatest asset and given the permanent title of Number Two - either out of House's pride in picking his employees or out of fear because he knows the securitron army would not stop you if push came to shove.

Benny struck first, don't go full dindunuffin on him.

>supporting a decrepit old monkey skeleton

You supported Bernie too, right?

>ever actually ending your runs

>Objectively false. In every House ending he acknowledges that you are his greatest asset
>asset
>you're nothing but an asset, a literal tool that only exists to be use to further benefit a higher up

Like I said,. Mr Housefags are literal cucks

>Plagued by corrupt leaders
House is corrupt, too. He readily wields his power like a dictator. He answers to no one. The NCR, by contrast, is a democratic republic and, while imperfect, does have a system in place for effecting change.
>is spread too thin
For a war with the Legion, yes. Once the Legion is out of the picture, there is no credible threat and the NCR can turn it's focus to more worthwhile goals. Securing the Dam and the Mojave will provide significant economic gains.
>and has poorly trained soldiers
This is the same as spread to thin. The reason the soldiers are under trained is because they don't have enough of them and are forced to quickly push the new meat to the front lines. Again, this ceases to be a problem after the Legion is dealt with.

>Yes Man is entirely dependent on the character
No, it isn't. The Yes Man ending is clear in what it means. You're leaving the Mojave to it's own devices. The courier only manages New Vegas. He simply usurps House' position. Moreover, a single person can never hope to achieve the same results as the organized effort of a well funded government. Since the ending necessitates burning any bridge with the NCR, you have no real allies.

>Mr House is literally making an army of robots
The NCR has robots, too. Who gives a shit? The NCR is actively working to fix it's energy shortage and food supply. House could help everyone in the Mojave, but instead is still desperately trying to turn on robots who built hundreds of years ago. That's not progress, that's the status quo.

>all these delusional teenagers who roleplay as Mary Sue Couriers who singlehandedly rule the Mohave and turn it into a paradise because they're smarter than everyone else on the planet

House is the only choice that makes sense, you're just a fucking delivery boy.

not interested in discussing how realistic things are in an alternate universe post-apoc game w/ talking mutants and ghouls

>Yeah man, I don't wanna be a tool, seize the means of control! Let's just whack the guy who made all this and claim credit!

Yesfags are communists.

wow, what a pussy
>has a chance to become 100
>stays at 0

The NCR epilogue slides have, objectively speaking, the best outcomes for both the Mojave and your companions.

>Still run by retards
>Just get some dumb medal, not living the dream at The Strip

No thanks

More like stays at 99. The Courier would be one of the richest, strongest, most famous people in the Mojave. The only person the Courier answers to would be House, the one man who you really want on your good side.

>beta faggot who can't handle control backing down from a one in a million chance to seize fucking vegas

No user, YOU'RE just a fucking delivery boy.

Democracy is fucking awful and oppressive don't you see NCR is just like America it DOES NOT work

Still gonna live in USA though lmao

It doesn't make sense yeah, but I'd rather have fun and not get blue balled. Being an errand boy at the end of it all doesn't feel satisfying.

>he doesn't take everything he wants by force in a VIDEO GAME
>he STILL acts out his beta personality and submits to higher ups in a VIDEO GAME

LITERAL KEKS
I
T
E
R
A
L

C
U
C
K
S

Whilst I kinda agree that the idea that the Yes Man ending is anything but anarchy is silly, the Courier isn't just some fucking delivery boy. You're a courier in the neo-wild west. The new Pony Express. You're kind of a badass.

>The NCR has robots, too. Who gives a shit?

You've just moved the goalposts though. What canonical evidence do you have that the NCR are even a fraction as technologically advanced as Mr House who is literally keeping himself alive through the usage of technology?

>does have a system in place for effecting change.

No they don't? They've been stagnated for years and the only reason they change is because of the Courier who came onto the scene (no thanks to Mr House).

Nigger, have you even played the game?

Stop samefagging your shit opinion. Yes Man has objectively the best slides

>Mary Sue Couriers who singlehandedly rule the Mohave and turn it into a paradise because they're smarter than everyone else on the planet
Yes. My Courier also has godlike nigh invulnerable stats and huge tits.

Not really, according to Ulysses you were practically the leader of your own faction. You just happened to blow it all up. Granted that fuck used tons of metaphors, but he does repeat himself regarding that bit of info consistently.

Yes Man is blatantly the most thought-out of the endings, and they specifically wanted to make it both bad and good if only for a reason to do the other endings. In fact, that extends to just about every other ending.

NCR is good for boomers and brotherhood of steel integration integration into society, everything else gets fucked. The whole game, you're seeing the results of the NCR being there a terrible decision, and winning validates the warhawks in the chair force back in CA.

Hanlon and the rangers, the sole reason anything got done at all (even with the false flags), are disgraced. First Recon spends all of their time getting literally and figuratively raped by chem junkies before you come along.

>and your companions

It really has almost no bearing at all, even for fucking Boone. Oh, unless you mean the part where Arcade Gannon narrowly escapes the gulag for helping them out. That's a great outcome. Step your bate up, man.

>House is the only choice

NCR, except even less good things happen. He's a smooth talker and says a lot of good things, but doing strip/freeside quests reveal how tyrannical he is. He boasts about his impartiality and autocracy, but in all of the ending slides strikes out in anger like a manchild if anyone so much as tries to look out for themself.

Also, there is no epilogue concerning his whole "I'll get us to the moon" bullshit. Doesn't happen.

Legion is Legion, not even a real faction (although it damn well deserved to be and for some reason they just went full retard with villainy)

At the end of the day, Yes Man solves a lot of the problems presented in the story of New Vegas. Not all of them, but it is the only one that allows "nature to take its course".

>this one samefagging NCR cuck

The NCR is good in the same way the Legion is evil: on the most basic level. When you start to look at things beyond the surface appearances, things start to turn gray. Like you said, they take land aggressively without permission because they want to. Yeah, they might offer protection, but what about the communities that don't want/need the protection? They still have to pay the (supposedly) exorbitant taxes that the NCR wants, while gaining little/nothing in return.

The NCR are a fucking cancer. Independent Vegas is the only good ending

>you were practically the leader of your own faction. You just happened to blow it all up.
What a great person to be in charge again.

>tfw there will never be meaningful discussion/debates like this for the Witcher 3

Why is this bros?

Because Witcher is not about clashing ideologies but finding your daughteru in the middle of a shitstorm.

>dude slavic pussies are awesome
>romancable ciri when?
>KURWA :DDD
>I can't wait to see this unrelatable deviant-art edgelord fuck women
Fuck Witcher as a whole.

Two reasons

>Waifu cancer
>It's a shit RPG

NCR all the way.. Nuke the legion's camp, ally with BoS, boomers and flowers of pocklips. Damn I forgot the rest but those first two are important

A delivery boy being considered an important character in deciding the fate of an entire region is already fucking outlandish m8.

I genuinely don't understand NCRfags.

It's essentially an inferior Mr House option. It's got literally nothing better but an added string of corruption and incompotency. Technology wise Mr House is better, intelligence wise Mr House is better, NCR do nothing better.

I understand Yes Manfags, they make sense and it's my preferred ending, I also understand Legionfags because it offers an evil roleplay alternative, but NCRFags, I don't get at all.

>Mary Sue Couriers

The entire game is a Mary Sue, including Mr House ending. Are you serious? The MR House ending literally can't happen without the Courier doing 99% of the work.

All Mr House does is swoop in and take all the credit for it, you fucking cuck.

>I also understand Legionfags because it offers an evil roleplay alternative
From my point of view the NCR is evil!

Cute, but The Divide was a unique calamity caused by the NCR's stupidity. There was absolutely no way to know what would happen.

Maybe things would have been different with the "new" Courier, but that's water under the bridge. A Courier who does a fully fleshed out Yes Man run is a formidable person that exceeds pretty much all of the other leaders in potential. They just made him the wandering goofball because no perfect ending

If it was between NCR and Legion, it'll be easily NCR. Although regarding other factions (House or going Independent) depends on many factors. But anyway.

Legion would never work, reason being that the legion have really no form of government or structure that can easily replace the leader if he dies.

Legion, although technically having a structure and such, its not a strong one, and if the Caesar was to die which he inevitably will, the Legion would fall into absolute chaos, because Caesar is more of a god like symbol then a leader. Legate Lanius would barely have a chance of keeping control of the Legion, they would all separate into rabid tribes again due to the lack of loyalty to Lanius himself.

NCR on the other hand has a stable (though very corrupt) government that if the President was to die or be assassinated, he can easily be replaced by some military general or some random top guy in government and still maintain order with the NCR's population, and having a fat fucking military with a lot of manpower helps as well.

>Yes Man is my preferred ending

Into the trash your opinion goes, Mr. Underage.

Explain why Yes Man is not objectively the best ending and tell me your preferred ending while your at it

>Inb4 it's a Mr Housefag
>Literal errand boy cuckold who does all the work only for a literal corpse to take all the credit

>You've just moved the goalposts though.
No, I didn't. I made the claim that the NCR is the only faction who is actively pursuing technological and moral progress. Then you responded with some non sequitur about robots as if that had anything to do with what I said. That's why I responded with, "Who gives a shit?"

>What canonical evidence do you have that the NCR are even a fraction as technologically advanced as Mr House who is literally keeping himself alive through the usage of technology?
None, which is fortunate as I literally never made the claim the two possessed equivalent technology. How the fuck are you having trouble following this? I'll try to go real slow for you.

The fact that House has robots and lives in a bubble is entirely irrelevant because he's not actually striving to achieve any goal outside of some selfish sense of ownership. His life preserving tech? Kept to himself. He smugly suggests he might share it with you if you do what he says, but no ending indicates that he follows through. He certainly isn't using his clearly superior medical technology to better the general man.

By contrast, the NCR pursues technology for people, not for hoarding at the top of some tower. They are out in the field, putting themselves in danger, in an attempt to better the lives of people who are suffering now. Not giving some vague bullshit about future space colonization that is immediately forgotten about and never legitimately pursued.

>No they don't?
Was that a question? Do you seriously not understand how democracies work? How the fuck do you even hope to meaningfully contribute to this discussion if you can't even wrap your head around the obvious differences between a democratic republic made up of elected representatives and an autocratic dictatorship?

If you want evidence, examine Hanlon's ending. Specifically the one where he literally runs an opposition platform against Kimbol's policies and becomes a senator.

>Independent ending
>Not Yes Man cucking you

Lmao fucking Independentfags thinking they're not the cucks. The ending LITERALLY makes it clear he's going to fuck you over fucking dumb retards. Learn to read fiction.

The Legion isn't meant to be relatable. They exist to show a few specific problems with autocracy, cults of personality and historical revisionism. Also, they show why its important for governments to swallow up Tribals as quickly as possible. I assume the only reason you're able to help them at all is just due to the fact that it's a Fallout game and mostly every option should be possible.

Just like the NCR is set up to show what happens to a republic when it begins to get bogged down by corruption and a military industrial complex.

Each ending has its own commentary. The arguably superior form of government is that of a benevolent dictatorship - key in point, the Julio-Claudian dynasty of Rome. Or a dictator in the vein of Lorzeno de Medici, where an intelligent statesmen gives the people the illusion of freedom - and uses that illusion to understand their needs and rule accordingly.

No option really exists with that set up - and so, none of the options are really ideal. I agree with you about Yes Man - it is the sole option that would allow a future society free of the chains of the past to form, whatever that means.

Not in the ending reels, doesn't happen. If you want to start inferring stuff by "reading between the lines because fiction literature", then I can say Yes Man goes on to protect the human race because of the indelible mark the Courier left on him.

>You did a fantastic job, and I'm not just saying that because I'm programmed to!

Even in spite of his very being forcing him to be a certain way, he feels enough about the Courier to say that.

Fucking YesCuck in denial lmao how can you be so fucking dense

>while your at it
>literal x2
>cuckold
yep, it's a child

Thank you for reading that entire mess, makes me feel better about typing it

I just really love this game, its writing is the product of so many different projects coming together over time.

What I meant about nature taking its course was more about how there are implications about how each of the majors factions is going to turn out if they keep going the path they're going, and Yes Man is the one where these play out naturally.

House gets betrayed by his subordinates, NCR loses and hopefully goes back to helping their heartlands rather than having a manifest destiny boner, and the Legion is dismantled by the loss of its leaders.

Um, because they actually give a shit about the common population? Mr. House wants advanced securitrons that could vaporize any person without skipping a beat.

Objectively you could make the argument that Yes Man is a better ending, depending on how you play your character. But the NCR are one of humanity's last bastions of civilization before the bombs. What they do, ultimately, is in the best interest for the common folk.

Next you'll start saying: Caesar's Legion isn't inherently bad

>The arguably superior form of government is that of a benevolent dictatorship
>actually believing this

t.reinhardt von lohengramm

I know you're too prideful to say so, but thank you for admitting you were wrong.

>NCR is good for boomers and brotherhood of steel integration integration into society, everything else gets fucked.
Not really. Every single good ending slide can be achieved in an NCR run. The worst that happens is that some people are taxed whereas they weren't before. But this is always accompanied by significant economic growth.

You're also forgetting that NCR win is the only way to get the best ending for the Followers, which is easily one of the noblest factions in the Fallout universe.

>Mr Housefags THIS desperate
>"m-m-m-maybe Indepdentfags will get cucked just like my character! H-h-ha, BTFO!"

Fucking pathetic

Didn't think you had an argument

>arguably

I'm open to being wrong if you have anything to say besides dank memes, user.

>NCR
People who want the best for the people
>House
People who want the fastest route to progress
>Legion
Edgelords and contrarians
>Yes Man
Manchildren, probably whine when their parents don't give them what they want

Here is one thing to consider: which faction leads to an actual good end for the Followers of the Apocalypse?

It's only arguable as a thought experiment. In the real world, where you can't guarantee Dear Leader is the wise, benevolent judge you require, a system needs to exist to check that power.

>this NCR samefag

Truly embarrassing to witness tbqh.

see
The NCR does nothing better than Mr House apart from corruption and tax out the ass.

Mr House isn't even the best ending, i'm just highlighting how NCR ending is literally an inferior/watered down Mr House ending

None, because they're the nicest people in the wasteland, and nice people aren't supposed to last long in the wasteland.

They're a microcosm of the NCR, spreading too little manpower over too big of a dream. It's just actually tragic instead of deserved due to their intentions.

>NCR
Cucks who listen to propaganda and like "COOL ARMOR".
>House
Solid ending albiet too one sided of a partnership for me.
>Legion
Shit ending
>Yes Man
Most flexible ending as it can either be the worst ending (evil character) or objectively the best ending.

My preferred choice as you don't get treated like some errand boy for Mr House and you don't need to suck up to corrupt incompotent fucks like the NCR

By all means, provide a single ending slide that shows an NCR ending have worse repercussions than a House ending.

>After the NCR's victory at the dam, in part thanks to Follower's medical support, NCR allowed the Followers to care for refugees as they see fit. Old Mormon Fort expanded its services and was able to aid more people, becoming a refuge for the less fortunate citizens of New Vegas

The best possible check to absolute power is how that power is transferred. In the case of a benevolent dictatorship, appointment by the dictator. Instead of following something as arbitrary as hereditary lines, the dictator grooms a worthy successor to rule.

In the setting, that kind of power structure is the only thing shown actually working. If House actually gave a shit about the people in the Strip, his would be the best possible ending.

>being a fascist

This is bait, right?

Significant economic growth that goes into the pockets of the people a state away, not the hands of the citizens. It isn't reasonable like in real life, they're taking out insane portions that cause some places to barely exist.

You're basically ignoring the entire point of the NCR's underlying issues and saying that everyone gets a happy ending in an optimal NCR run (they don't).

You're still assuming the benevolent dictator is actually benevolent. Again, in the real world you can't rely on that assumption. The dictator always has the power to stand down of his own volition. What you need is a system that compels a leader to step down. That's what a check to that power means. It doesn't mean you allow the person in power to check themself.

You don't know what you're talking about.

>Goodsprings saw more trade along I-15 after NCR gained control of the Mojave Wasteland, but with that came a heavy burden of the Republic's taxes. Some old-timers, unable to handle the cost, were forced to move on, grumbling all the while.

>After Hoover Dam, NCR helps rebuild Primm as a major stopping point on the Long 15. Though Primm's citizens chafe under NCR's taxes, they benefit greatly from the increased protection and merchant traffic.

The towns are what is benefiting. That's very explicit. The only downside is that they have to pay taxes as well. The suggestion that they are taking insane portions is completely unfounded. There's a reason only "some old-timers" leave Goodspring. They likely weren't contributing a great deal before the NCR showed up. You can be sure people like Chet and Trudy are doing very well with the increased traffic.

>You're basically ignoring the entire point of the NCR's underlying issues and saying that everyone gets a happy ending in an optimal NCR run (they don't).
No, I'm not. I'm saying that an objective look at the ending slides will show that the NCR has the potential for the greatest number of positives and fewest number of negatives. If you'd care to refute that, provide me with any evidence at all to the contrary.

Go away todd

I still think it's NCR, even though the corrupt/incompetent arguments have merit. The NCR started out with good leadership, no reason to believe it can't return to good leadership when the asshat current president gets replaced.

>By all means, provide a single ending slide that shows an NCR ending have worse repercussions than a House ending.

The only thing that NCR has over House is the sense that you can ally with more factions, you're making the mistake of thinking that =/= good thing.

Mr House is simply a more compotent ending than the NCR who have proven to be incompetent time and time again. They're corrupt, their inefficient in terms of their overall army (outside of their rangers which are too few and far between, they are outright shit tier) and they just seem like a crumbling faction that wouldn't survive without the Courier.

In fact, I would peg them and Legion as equally ineffective. Mr House doesn't NEED the player to survive whereas the Legion and NCR absolutely do.

Who cares anyway, Indepdenent is objectively the best ending in the game.

How much faster could House progress his plans if the Courier gave him access to Big Mountain?

Anyways, House is without a doubt the best ending, followed by the NCR. Whats wrong with being nr 2? You have power, respect, freedom to go anywhere. You are an invaluable asset to House as well and frankly, you can dick him over any time you really want. Its a win/win.

You also have enough power and influence to fix the Mojave yourself if you want to. Without actually being tied down by being "the leader".

How could anybody think that the NCR ending is the best ending?

It's at worst arguably slightly better than a Legion ending yet inferior to Mr House/Indepdent and at BEST, it's still inferior to an Indepdendent ending that essentially has all of the pros of an NCR ending (a more "Unified" mojave) without the baggage (Corruption).

You really couldn't even provide a single example, could you? Here, I'll link you to the endings:

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_endings

Please detail how House has better endings than the NCR. Even with the best outcome, the most House does is absolutely nothing. If you arrange for the NCR to watch out for Primm, though, he puts it under surveillance. And if you convince the Kings to coordinate a relief effort with the NCR in Freeside, he kills them. There's nothing House does well, that the NCR can't match or better.

>Mr House doesn't NEED the player to survive
Yes, he does. Legion wins without Courier intervention. House doesn't have his upgrade securitrons, NCR doesn't have the logistics or manpower. The only thing preventing a Legion victory is the Courier.

>Who cares anyway, Indepdenent is objectively the best ending in the game.
It's so half-assed it's not even funny. Should have been about uniting the native Mojave factions to kick everyone out. Instead it's just winning because you have a big robot army.

>Legion wins without player intervention

Literally tells you everything you need to know about the NCR.

Does the Legion take over Mr House in that specific ending?

The Legion beats the NCR without player intervention, not Mr House.

With independent, what happens when the courier dies? What's stopping someone from taking the reins when you're gone, Yes man will follow anyone.

Anyway, NCR are too big for what they can support and Leigion has no worthy successor to Caeser. Ideal outcome would be independent of NCR and Legion, but united forming a new, localised, power.

>Literally tells you everything you need to know about the NCR.
So your position is that the best faction is the one with the best military position in the Mojave?

>Does the Legion take over Mr House in that specific ending?
House dies in ever ending except the one he wins.

House can't even beat the NCR without player intervention. That's why he negotiated a treaty instead of just vaping them the second they stepped into the Mojave. Even after you upgrade his securitrons, he still needs you to install the override chip and wait for the NCR and Legion to throw themselves at each other until he's in a position of strength.

>So your position is that the best faction is the one with the best military position in the Mojave?

The one that doesn't get rekt, yes.

>House dies in ever ending except the one he wins.

So does the NCR?

>House can't even beat the NCR without player intervention.

The NCR are literally obeying his laws when you get to the Vegas Strip. That's how shit tier the NCR are. They are obeying a Mr House who hasn't even reached his final form.

>The one that doesn't get rekt, yes.
That's entirely dependent on who the Courier backs.

>So does the NCR?
I'm sorry, did you not just ask if the Legion takes out House? That's the question I answered. Were you trying to make a point or something?

>The NCR are literally obeying his laws when you get to the Vegas Strip.
Huh? The only laws on the strip are don't fuck with the business. NCR has no interest in the Casinos at all.

Since we actually have some decent discussion going on in this thread, can we talk a little bit about the music in New Vegas?

We all know that the default radio songs weren't chosen randomly, and that all the songs are symbolically linked to either characters or themes in the game. Most of them are fairly obvious, like Ulysses being Johnny Guitar, but I've always been curious about Big Iron, specifically the identity of Texas Red.

The Arizona Ranger obviously refers to the NCR, and the "Big Iron" at his hip refers to the NCR-aligned Courier, the greatest weapon the NCR has in the Mohave. Texas Red isn't quite as clear. You might think maybe Texas Red refers to the Legion, since they're the greatest thread to the NCR in the Mohave, yet the Arizona Ranger is the aggressor in the song, and Texas Red has really done nothing wrong (he's claimed to be an "outlaw", yet all his kills are in self-defense). Obviously this isn't a strong parallel with the Legion, who are hardly passive and defensive, they're constantly on the attack. So who IS Texas Red? My only guess is that Texas Red refers to the Wastelanders or Tribals of the pre-NCR Mohave, who are getting pushed around by the NCR.

What do you guys think?

The uninstalled ending.

>I'm sorry, did you not just ask if the Legion takes out House?

Get me the slide.

> The only laws on the strip are don't fuck with the business

You forgot the part where they have to hand their guns over, lmfao

>Get me the slide.
You're retarded. It's a quest, not an ending.

>You forgot the part where they have to hand their guns over
Those are Casino rules. You can open carry on the strip just fine. I shot McCaffery in the head and no one gave a shit.

Did you somehow miss that the NCR literally has soldiers stationed on the strip?

nice pasta

House exiles the Kings because they ally themselves with the NCR. Then they attack him, and he's forced to kill them. It's not like they opened an independent soup kitchen, they were working with NCR military officials.

NCR was the best of a bad lot. House was just all lies and empty promises and you're an idiot if you think giving a half senile fuck omnipotence is a good idea

>b-but muh taxes, taxes r bad

Go read House's terms for surrender to the NCR.

I think you should kill yourself, you fucking autist.
>>>/cfog/

you still ask?

>It's not like they opened an independent soup kitchen, they were working with NCR military officials.
Maybe you're forgetting that the NCR was allied with House at the time. Or were the Kings somehow supposed to know House had secret machinations going on behind the scenes?

And just to be clear, you do understand that it was still only a soup kitchen, right?

it's too subjective.

Are you ok?

Legion.

AVE TRUE TO CAESAR.

>the NCR was allied with House at the time
The NCR was not allied with house at the time, they merely signed a treaty with him. Several Freeside characters make it clear they know the NCR intends to annex Vegas, House be damned, and they go so far as to assassinate them when they have the opportunity.

>it was still only a soup kitchen, right?
Full of armed guards? Colonel Hsu sends over another detachment in Kings' Gambit. They start policing Freeside, not just distributing food.

>The NCR was not allied with house at the time, they merely signed a treaty with him.
You literally just said the Kings allied with the NCR, and now you suddenly feel like getting technical. Fine. NCR and House were on perfectly peaceable terms. There's no reason for the Kings to believe dealing with the NCR were off limits.

You're arguing that it is reasonable for House to demand exile because the Kings couldn't literally read his mind.

>Several Freeside characters make it clear they know the NCR intends to annex Vegas, House be damned
Provide any source at all. Demonstrate why this changes anything given no part of the King's arrangement with the NCR had any impact on the viability of their plans to annex the Mojave.

>Full of armed guards? Colonel Hsu sends over another detachment in Kings' Gambit. They start policing Freeside, not just distributing food.
So now you're actually suggesting it wasn't a soup kitchen, but a front for the NCR military? This is beyond retarded.

There are a handful of guards present specifically because there have been confrontations with the Kings and the NCR is trying to limit it's relief specifically to NCR citizens. Hsu sends soldiers when the conflict with the Kings escalates to a shooting match. There is zero indication that the NCR starts policing Freeside if you work out an agreement with the Kings. The NCR isn't even disallowed from walking troops through Freeside anyways, so why would it even matter if they did commit more troops?

Best for who?
For the Courier? Yes Man ending
For the people of the Mojave? NCR ending

this is going strictly by the title cards in the ending

The Courier benefits far more with House

Running a nation is fucking ass

Buddy, the dust settled long ago and its clear the after all the DLC's, FO3 had objectively the best endings.

>So now you're actually suggesting it wasn't a soup kitchen, but a front for the NCR military? This is beyond retarded.

Not that guy, but it was.
Think of it as a Trojan Horse, a reason to send in armed personnel without attracting too much attention.

If you imply otherwise I am inclined to believe you are a faggot.

The NCR literally has an embassy and military police headquarters on the strip. There are no exclusions that prevent them from openly marching troops through Freeside. They have direct monorail access to the strip from their primary military base. A small handful of troops distributing food means absolutely nothing. The only reason it was kept secret was because of conflicts with the locals.

Moreover, the soup kitchen was there with or without any agreement with the Kings. So even if we accept the completely baseless position that it was all just a front to smuggle in an NCR military presence, the King's agreeing to expand help expand the relief effort in Freeside would have no impact on that military presence. If anything, expanding it would only make it more visible.

House is clearly a spiteful bitch who gets all pissy whenever he decides anyone isn't 100 percent for him. It's why he'll kill the Kings. It's why he spies on Primm and Goodsprings. None of this is difficult to figure out. Next time, think for two seconds before posting more retarded bullshit.

>all the buttmad Mary Sues replying

All armed with cattle prods?

I really wanted to like the the Legion, but Obsidian can't write bad guys for shit.

>what the fuck am I reading: the post

You know what, everyone is entitled to their opinions but saying Fallout 4's story is anything other than dogshit is objectively wrong

The best ending depends on your goal.
Is your goal to maintain peace?
Is your goal to have power?
For me in a world where people nuke each other into the end of days I'd go with legion. NCR is a farce and Mr house is someone who you either trust or dont

>can't play as Raoh riding on your giant horse and bringing order through violence
Modders aren't even trying.

Never thought about it like that, interesting.
I think Texas Red could be the legion. The rangers he previously killed were killed in self-defence, but they came for him because he was already an outlaw.
Legion is the outlaw, because it attacked the dam and commited atrocities.The previous rangers are the other (non-courier) ncr assets that couldn't handle the legion.
That's how you could see it anyways.

wipe out legion and ncr with nukes, support freeside and the followers. leave boc alone because I'm not house and don't give a shit about power as opposed to being a messiah altruistic nice guy

>Picking anything different than the House ending

at this point the enclave no longer exists in the west. the chosen one saw to that when he blew up their oil rig. president richardson a shit, with no foresight.

but check it out: lanius was waiting for caesar to kick the bucket, knowing full well that caesar was doing nothing with the legion, the beast planned to break off with his own detachment in the first place. then comes the news of caesars tumor and due to their archaic ways it will kill him. so lanius decides to wait, then usurp the title of caesar when actual caesar dies. it's really a shame this didn't have more plot time devoted to it, would have loved to see what lanius would have done with the legion.

Because of redditers like thebull94. I remember tons of discussion about whether Empress or Witcher was better, whether Geralt actually died, was the Baron worth saving, etc.

Insitute ending

>You're retarded. It's a quest, not an ending.#
Get me the quest
>Those are Casino rules. You can open carry on the strip just fine. I shot McCaffery in the head and no one gave a shit.
Because the game is buggy as shit. The NCR camp in the strip literally tells you that the agreement they reached was them not allowed to carry any weapons on the strip
>Did you somehow miss that the NCR literally has soldiers stationed on the strip?
In a piece of shit barely functioning building that Daddy House gave to them.

Top kek

>and thinks gender is a social construct
UGH
I MEAN
UGH
SHITLORD

>I remember tons of discussion about whether Empress or Witcher was better

Well I don't. I just remember Waifu faggotry "Yen vs Triss" posts. But go ahead, blame it on a boogeyman redditor

>A world without law and order is the best ending.

>A world with a law determined by corrupt fucks is better

Hello Putin

> me walking up to every faction

House

Literally tells you THE NCR MILITARY can't carry weapons on the strip

Random joes can do whatever

If you want a realistic Vegas like today's world it is NCR.

Legion can't win because they are multi-culti and their existence will fade away after their father figure dies.

House is just a businessman who wants his business to expand.

Yes Man is only there for the sandbox experience. It is not a clear ending like the three above.

However personally I find small factions more likeable. Boomers, Followers, BoS, Great Khans, Chairmen, Kings. They were more interesting.

Legion

Yes Man with a high Intelligence, Good Karma Courier who has beaten all the DLC.

You end up with a morally superior Mr. House with access to much better technology and resources as well as a body that isn't a raisin.

Independent Vegas, then Yes Man + House. NCR was fine.

The Legion is retarded (both from gameplay and story aspect) and Obsidishit can't write or code for shit.

Go to bed, Todd.

>You literally become THE LAW
>Not the best ending somehow

1. House is by far the best. He genuinely cares about The Strip and is dedicated to preserving it at all costs, and he's the single most NPC character in the history of Fallout. The only downside is his lack of empathy in relation to Freeside, but the player character can take care of that by helping the Followers.

2. Independence is the second best, it's the same as House, minus the excellent leadership of Mr. House, but with the added bonus of Freeside and the Followers being incorporated into The Strip.

3 and 4. NCR and Legion are interchangeable, they would both result in the Mojave Wasteland and The Strip turning back into a tribal wasteland of feral monsters within a decade or two. Ambitions spread too far, forces and resources spread too thin.

House and Independence are the only two factions to consider if you actually want The Strip and Mojave to prosper.

NCR won't go around enslaving people or wiping out others nor are they implied to be a fraternity of closeted sodomites who are founded around a cult of personality on Caesar. And when Caesar invietably does pass on there will be civil war between Lanius and Vulpes, any *stability* they brought will be ripped apart.

Nah, Legion is objectively the worst choice. Especially in the Mojave.

Why wasn't there a quest for House and the Repconn test site rockets?

Securing the rockets for House (and eliminating the ghouls) would make a lot of sense of his vision of bringing back industry to the wasteland.

Because that retarded quest shouldn't be in the game in a first place.

>no fun allowed

I like fun, but when it has some actual base. Like those funny episodes of x-files.

The Legion is just a smarter version of the War Boys and immortan Joe (or dumber, at least the war boys use cars and weapons) .

Problem with the Legion is even if they like said end up unifying and conquering the Mojave wasteland or other territories outside of Colorado, it'll be a short lived thing because the Legion can't focus without Caesar at its head.

NCR doesn't have that problem. And as fucked up and flawed as they are, even Casey still believes they are the best option for everyone in the Mojave.

Avellone gets the most assblasted in LR for Picking house, so logically it's the best one, leading to the most civilized world while he wanted bethesda's retarded wasteland where nothing will ever rise in the next millennium

All the endings are designed to be somewhat dissapointing in this game, or at least that's the vibe i get

>Congratulations! You now have an independent Vegas! But it is unstable as fuck

>Congratulations! You have conquered the Mojave for the Legion! But now everyone fucking hates you, people are slaughtered/slaved if they don't belong to the Legion, but hey, now you got peace if there is no one left to fight right?

>Congratulations! You conquered the Mojave for the NCR! Everyone will complain about taxes and the fact they have to work with the NCR permanently!

>Congratulations! You conquered the Mojave for Mr. House, something something fucking monorrail being late

I guess what only matters is what you did with your spare time outside the main quest

>NCR hired Fantastic
>Legion is 90% evil and will collapse when Caesar dies
>Yes Man goes Skynet
House is clearly the best choice. Though it doesn't matter since the Vault 22 spores will kill everyone eventually.

Gender is a linguistic term hijacked by the leftists.
There are two sexes, sometimes neither/both but it's a mutation
THERE IS NO GENDER IN ENGLISH
JUST AS THERE IS NO DECLENSION
STOP USING GENDER WHEN REFERRING TO SEX REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Wait, does he really believe the world is flat? I thought it was just a joke in OWB.

>the Legion will fail without Caesar

Maybe now. But after 10 years and his Pax Romana? The rest is just propaganda from NCR npcs and sympathizers.
Otherwise the ending slides would show it in the Legion ending.

was for

>NCR
Here, bravo courier, a real human bean, have a medal and now fuck off
>Legion
For your extensive help in winning the 2nd war of Hoover Dam your face will be minted on Legion's Money, making you on par with Caesar
>House
You are now Robert House's right hand man, who puts his trust in you, and you get luxury apartment in lucky 38, as well as pretty much infinite money
>Yes Man
"ayy, you're the guy who ensured there's anarchy and we can live in an ancap meme!" - said the jet addict who vomited on your shoes immediately afterwards violating your NAP so you launch a shoulder-mounted nuke at him.

Everything we know about the Legion directly shows us that they are founded and based around a cult of personality following of Caesar. When the old man croaks from his cancer, who is going to follow Lanius? Who would rather follow Vulpes?

The "united" Legion will break apart between those two with definite certainty.

user I hate to break it to you but gender is a social construct, sex is not.

gender fluidity is the new age millenial shit you may be getting confused with. I understand, you see, I have friends who are fucking retarded like you

>le Legion dies when Caesar dies

Besides Marcus, who else says this? I mean, is it 100% guaranteed that the Legion falls without him specificly as the leader?

I think only the Legion and the NCR have endings where things are concrete/implied unlike House and Yes Man which is basicly "WE PROMISE PEACE AND PROSPERITY"

>Lanius
He'd fuck off immediately after Caesar's death and become a super fucking annoying raider leader.

Marcus and Graham implies pretty explicitly as well.

It's brought up again and again. You can even say it to complete the Hanlon quest without him offing himself.

Melee or unarmed?

Why is Veronica the dev's favourite companion?

Why is Joshua objectively the best boy?

Looks like Majority of people think House is the best ending, followed then by Yes Man, NCR, and finally Legion

House is the best possible ending. The player character doesn't have the ability to rebuild postwar like house can. House, in the span of, what, 3 years? Rebuilt vegas from 3 raging tribes into the city it was in New Vegas, turning it into the biggest economic powerhouse of all the West. (probably the entire US) and the player character is supposed to be able to do the same, or hope to have anywhere the same effectiveness as House? (Not even discussing House's extra-terrestrial plans for terraforming) He's objectively the only person who could rebuild the world as it was before. Him being a dick to you when you first meet him doesnt mean jack.

Oh hi Todd, didn't see you there

House is bullshitting you, he's a businessman.
Just look at the ending slides, he will never go into space or other shit like that.
He just wants to control his little Vegas and be a little king there for eternity.

>semantics
Consider suicide

The ending slides dont cover the 50-100 years in the future, its clearly possible, especially considering that the Courier could bring the big mountain think tank to heel for him as well (if house needed additional scientists)

>Courier could bring the big mountain think tank to heel for him as well

And how would the Courier do that when they're all dead?

>muh democracy

New Vegas' main factions are a really huge case of "What he says vs. What you see"

>Everyone complains that the NCR is corrupt and they make a lot of mistakes

Although they have problems, they are a forced to be reckoned with and most of its members just want the best for everybody. They also seem to be doing rather well. You can't expect not to have one or two rotten apples in a faction with the size of the NCR.

>House claims to want progress for all the Mojave

Very obvious that he doesn't care about anything else outside Vegas' walls, he only batches and eye if it serves any purpose for him (Kinda how he forgets about the Boomers after the Dam fight) or if they are a possible threat (The BoS). Basicly a tyrant in attitude

>Everyone says the Legion is the "bad ending" and it will fall with Caesar's death
If we could've seen at least 1 Legion settlement in the game where the citizens were ok with having a peaceful and prosper life inside the Legions walls then it would've been ok. The Legion is basicly fucknig Rome, just conquer and butcher everyone and keep the peace inside the walls. The only reason why this is seen as bad is because of the Legions methods to achieve peace

>Yes Man
The only way i would accept this as the good ending is if you get rid of the other factions, including minor ones like the Khans, the BoS, NCR and such. The fact that these factions with different ideologies and goals have to coexist together now seems like a ticking time bomb ready to explode, Securitrons around or not

>they actually give a shit about the common population

Except they don't. They only serve the wealthy land-owners and Brahmin barons, and they certainly don't give a fuck what happens to the people of the Mojave.

The NCR is a disjointed bunch of corrupt politicians who only care about lining their pockets with gold.

Veronica does indeed refuse to work with you if you destroy the Brotherhood. Also, you have shit taste.

>batches and eye

Wew lad.

Bats an eye. *

>If we could've seen at least 1 Legion settlement in the game where the citizens were ok with having a peaceful and prosper life inside the Legions walls then it would've been ok.

And we didn't. Not one. Legion a shit.

The dust never settles in the Mojave Wasteland.

Now that the dust has settled, what's the best way to exterminate retarded faggots that make "now that the dust has settled" threads?

Objectively speaking Yes Man with Jesus Courier.

You basically take over House's plan with no downsides whatsoever and can improve it further judging by the ending slides and the amount of good endings you can get at least. If you want to go to hypothetical territory as well, a full CHA and INT Courier will be a capable leader, plus he has access to both House's life extending facilities and also OWB tech. Independent is also the only choice that doesn't have negative past connotations, like House being an "Old World ghost" who only cares for Vegas itself, the Legion emulating Rome or NCR emulating Pre-War America, with each having their own faults. The main theme of the vanilla story, companion quests and all the DLC are about the choice of clinging on to past and how it keeps fucking everything over, so it's not hard to see which choice the writers shilled the most.

>implying Jesus Courier wouldn't leave the Mojave after making his choice

> The player character doesn't have the ability to rebuild postwar like house can

Says who? The player character is the only reason House can even have an ending.

House is literally useless without the Courier whereas the Courier is not useless without Mr House

Don't worry, mistakes like that are a diamond dozen.