So apparently, a bunch of people got the full game 2 weeks early

So apparently, a bunch of people got the full game 2 weeks early.

If you pre-loaded the game, it just lets you play the full thing. I guess Nintendo has since removed the purchase button.

Game still looks like shit, but I'm surprised to see nobody talking about this.

youtube.com/watch?v=u2xcnj7Q64w

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Electivirus/status/779291873710002177?lang=de
youtube.com/watch?v=VNThSFl441k
youtube.com/watch?v=4UhLGZf0sV4
youtu.be/FOtPfceKZYE
change.org/p/nintendo-cancel-paper-mario-color-splash
youtube.com/watch?v=kEFc2Yrhv0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=zn5eA7mSgFc
youtube.com/watch?v=kl6cUHIbCcs
youtube.com/watch?v=00R7IRMwqG8
mariowiki.com/List_of_rumors_and_urban_legends_about_Mario#Toads.27_genders
youtube.com/watch?v=MKSixu2nwdg
youtube.com/watch?v=ncHbeq64Tz8
youtube.com/watch?v=unOcXLO4eQk
youtube.com/watch?v=UGsI0e6GAfs
youtube.com/watch?v=iNtrWz78bog
youtube.com/watch?v=qVjUHSCpD04
youtube.com/watch?v=dBKpIWSwp_A
youtu.be/nbbsw5lLsoo
youtu.be/GAwUaiWHgL8
youtu.be/iTYnay4WYTI
youtu.be/jYwcHDAcxVM
youtube.com/watch?v=1LrHDlcsUDw
youtube.com/watch?v=cMZynOvgQ9M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Game still looks like shit, but I'm surprised to see nobody talking about this.

because only a handful of people got it and they aren't too far into the game

Most people that still talk about this game now are the ones that are excited for it and probably wouldn't watch this because they are already sold on getting the game.

>Game still looks like shit
What. It is visually impressive.
>B-but I mean gameplay
Then you should say "it plays like shit".

No, I can still say it LOOKS like shit because I'm WATCHING gameplay of it.
I haven't PLAYED it myself so I can only comment on what I've SEEN.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm digging that music already in that video. Also I wonder if it'll be possible to pirate it early due to that happening.

God this game looks gorgeous.

We see more of that guy's apartment than the game in that video. Your shitposting is retarded.

Well you're wrong, the game visually looks great.

Yeah after the ugly Super Paper Mario I'm surprised. Why aren't they having Intelligent Systems make more HD games if they're so good at it?

good to know Cred Forums isn't a hive mind

How many people had this happen? Just the guy in the OP? Nobody streaming it anywhere, unless the ninjas already go them.

lol

OP dump this shit so I don't have to support the decay of this series

Not many people.

He obviously is referring to all the gameplay he's seen (other trailers, previews, all the webms usually posted in these threads & etc.), not just the video he posted, user.

>doesn't even show him physically pressing the buttons on the controller

yeah right

>Why aren't they having Intelligent Systems make more HD games if they're so good at it?

because it takes time? Color Splash hasn't even come out yet. Are you expecting them to just pump out HD games monthly like it's nothing?

It's legit. Hopefully someone got a rip so we can see ourselves how bad it is.

>see ourselves how bad it is
But so far this game looks gorgeous, has there been any framerate issues?

user is probably talking about the gameplay. So far it looks like it takes multiple cues from sticker star which has put a bad taste in many paper mario fans' mouths.

More importantly, I hope we get a rip of the soundtrack.

>buhuhu I looks like shit

why are nostalgicafags so annoying?

>What. It is visually impressive.
I seriously hope you're rusing because the visuals still look like ass

Is there news of this happening to anyone else but this guy?

In that case, you should say "the GAMEPLAY LOOKS like shit".

if you actually pay attention this gameplay looks a lot better than Sticker Star's using paint as FP and getting paint upgrades and getting hints for boss weaknesses instead of just having to guess... it's very likely that a lot of people will see this game as Sticker Star done right, rather than just Sticker Star 2 done the same way.

"no"

You just have shit taste.

Yes.

It was only available for a small period of time before Nintendo yanked it offline, so not many people have it.

But the visuals look like shit too

Seems like it was REALLY quick. There aren't any videos of it on YouTube.

I doubt we'd get a full walkthrough or anything soon because of the embargo.

>Super Paper Mario
>Ugly
Pick one

He's right. For a game called "Color Splash", all the colors look awfully washed out.

Do they genuinely believe witty quips by generic shy guys and toads are a good replacement for unique well-written characters?

>complaining about washed-out colors, blurriness, etc in cell phone caotyres and screenshots of YouTube videos
When will this meme end?

would you prefer enemies not having quips

I'd prefer unique characters

It look washed out in THAT screenshot.

>caotyres
*captures

Probably yeah.

I guess you just don't actually know what "washed out" means

Compare it to screenshots of the first game.

Thanks for helping prove my point.

You blind? Bottom is much more vivid.

So like, why does it look like they used the Burn Tool on Mario in this game? He just looks so dark compared to the previous titles.

You retarded? There's darker green in the bottom but the level of contrast is the same.

There's no way to access the pre-download page now, right?

I think it's the lighting/shading. Compare Mario in the town square with Ruddy Road.

I blame the white outline. Not only does it look retarded, but it makes the rest of Mario look darker by subliminal contrast.

DUDE PAPER LMAO was a mistake.

>people are actually defending Color Splash

I know that buying a Wii U was a big investment and you have to cherish every game that comes out now because the NX is coming and the 3rd party support is at an all time low, but that doesn't mean you have to defend actual bad games, guys

I've never played paper Mario. Is it anything like super Mario rpg?

first post in the thread, the colors hardly seem different to me and mario doesn't look ANY different. Who fucking cares.

I know you're insecure about Color Splash being good because of how much baseless shitposting you did and because you thought it was an easy target after Sticker Star, but not everyone bases their opinions on bullshit instead of looking at the actual game.

I've looked at multiple boss "fights" and that's already told me enough, thank you.

No u

Paper Mario was a sequel to Super Mario RPG. TTYD perfected Paper Mario's formula. Nothing else in the series is worth playing unless you really, really want to try Super Paper Mario knowing that it's the beginning of the end, and not an RPG.

>look at the battle system
>look at the (lack of) companions

There isn't much else to look for. Do you seriously play Paper Mario games for the plot?

>not everyone bases their opinions on bullshit instead of looking at the actual game.
You're right, except the people that have looked at the actual game say it's still shit

Man, they went way too far with the cardboard.

Leaked game yet no spoilers.

FLOP.

After looking at gameplay, bosses, and the lack of partners, badges, and customization, I think that my opinion is well justified.

Could both of you just stop?
We know the game will be better than Sticker Star was. The only question is how much better and whether it reaches okay or decent/10 status.

peach gets kidnapped, you must go find the X to stop bowser from getting his dick wet

>Visuals/art style is excellent
>Gameplay is slightly improved over sticker star
>more storyline

but

>Paintbucket companion
>Action adventure over RPG
>less character interaction and world building

It's likely going to be a 6.5/10. Improvement over sticker star but still not capturing what paper mario was all about in the first place.

Being better than Sticker Star is not exactly an achievement

I hate how self aware the new paper mario games are
>DUDE WE'RE PAPER LOL
The first two games were at least subtle, barring the curses Mario got from the chest in TTYD. But even that was handled nicely.

That's the point

the previous games did both, why are we getting less as time goes on?

Being better than "absolute worse" isn't an accomplishment user.

It will be as bad as Sticker Star just based on the fact that you have to paint your cards every time you use them.

>6.5
>implying
A 5 is "average" you donut. And from what we've seen so far, this game looks more like a 4.5 to me.

I don't mind either
Not sure why people are so autistic over this, I always liked the unqiue paper theme and the expansion of it makes me happy

I fully expect this game to be enjoyable at the very least for me. I do hope the next one does something way different though

There is no way it's not being rated higher than Sticker Star.

See

we need more reasons to be angry

>barring the curses Mario got from the chest in TTYD.
Technically speaking they show off how it's a weird magical thing in that. Later in the game a Toad is even shocked & disappointed to see a paper boat go by since it's just paper.

Federation Force was better than Other M, but its metascore is like 10 points lower just because of how jaded people had become about Metroid games.

>implying sticker star deserved a 6.5
Sticker star was a 4 at best.

How long until Nintendo takes down EVERYTHING related to the game

How long until Cody shits up Paper Mario threads 12 times as much because he's butthurt about not getting an early copy?

How long until someone beats the whole game and reveals that the final boss is bowser

That's cool and all, but it didn't get a 4, did it?

You ever hear of the term flanderization?

It's basically when the creator takes an aspect of something and takes it to its logical conclusion to the point where it's now its only defining characteristic.

Like how Flanders from the Simpson's went from a nice guy who just so happened to be Christian to a bible thumper who exists as a stand-in for religious zealots and moral guardians.

Well, now that shit's happening to paper mario.

I think SPMs worst crime was trying to sell us the 3D gimmick when the Paper Mario games were already fucking in 3D.

Pretty good paper shaders, though

Super Paper Mario was great though, in spite of not being an RPG, unlike Sticker Star. (Can't comment on Color Splash, cause I haven't played it, but I'm not optimistic.

Quite a few people had this happen, so you know someone is gonna rip it AND the soundtrack

Even more would get it the few spergs acting like the game is a gift from god hadn't shat all over social media about it.

There are still general improvements (we actually now have key items again, a level system of sorts is in place, You aren't entirely up s**t creek if you run out of cards, Paperization has been cut down[/spoiler) and some cards don't even need to be painted.

So can you elaborate on what is wrong with focusing on a unique aspect of the game that is also in the title, which can provide a nice and interesting visual style hardly seen in games?

It didn't help that Nintendo basically makes a business out of dumping on its fanbase with shitty games like amiibo festival and mario party 10.

If Nintendo didn't release Other M and then starve the fanbase for six years, people would probably be a bit more forgiving over it.

So far, the only neat thing to come from this fuckup is that Shy Guys will steal your cards if you idle too long, regardless of turns.

twitter.com/Electivirus/status/779291873710002177?lang=de

The electronic manual has developer commentary.

>Paper Mario was a sequel to Super Mario RPG

wut

>Trusting "professional" reviews
>Trusting the reviews of filthy casuals

>Put up a review embargo
>don't make sure the pre-loading thing is locked or anything
>people can upload videos and shit anonymously now in various ways

How does Nintendo keep fucking up this bad?

>review embargo
??

was Paper Jam good?

If it wasn't named Metroid and didn't suck Samus' futacock in every debriefing while later shitting on her with the final mission, it would be a solid 7

Yeah, it was enjoyable to me

It wasn't Paper Mario, but it was okay.

Because it makes the visuals look like shit. Because it makes it seem like the dead are trying too hard to be "unique" or "quirky" since they have poor talent at writing these days. Because it's not just visuals, they make EVERYTHING revolve around it.

>Battle gameplay
Add the part where you actually have a variety of ways to do action commands. Sticker Star only had timed A-presses & Color Splash seems to be doing the same.

>earlier games
>characters had charm by themselves because the writing didn't focus on cheap jokes

>new
>DUDE PAPER LMOA

The first Paper Mario spun out of Super Mario RPG (and, in fact, was originally Super Mario RPG 2). Basically speaking, it's a metaphor.

Post-Sticker Star takes place in a world literally made of Paper. I consider the two sagas different universes/timelines since characters in "Mario Story" commonly don't show up in other games while other mainstays such as spinoff characters, Bowser Jr., Kamek, etc. seemingly didn't in the "Mario Story" universe.

(Yeah, I'm overthinking this, but that's a reason I guess).

If it wasn't a first-person shooter on the 3DS it could have been better.

I cannot wait until this terrible system dies. There's no way the NX will be worse.

>The first two games were at least subtle,

No they weren't.

Yes.

great fights,level design has a slow start but does get pretty darn goof, and a mix of annoying and actually fun missions

Because instead of building a game around interesting mechanics, impressive locales, memorable characters, and incredible music, you just built it around a shitty gimmick for cheap jokes that run thin once you progress past the first chapter.

It's the difference between a movie where the characters just so happen to be black and a Tyler Perry movie.

The badge system + RPG mechanics were perfect. Honestly depressing that we could have had a few playable PM games even if the stories were bad.

>visuals look like shit
Subjective, I think it looks better. Make the world seem more unqiue and interesting to explore

>entire thing revolves around visuals
Objectively wrong. But don't see a problem either way, the paper aesthetic can work well with many interesting mechanics, if they did it.

>writing got worse
Don't pretend the original or TTYD had stellar writing either

All your shit is subjective, and the flaws of the visuals you mention only apply when they are applied to a game with weak gameplay and writing. So there is nothing inherently wrong with the visuals themselves, just that it needs to be supported.

If it didn't shove motion controls down your throat, suck samus off just to turn her into a shitty final boss, and had a way to kick people who AFK or generally just fuck up the mission, then it'd be a solid 7.

paper mario began its life as a sequel to super mario rpg.

So there is nothing wrong with the visuals, just that the supporting game is weak

I got it now, thanks

>one fourth wall joke is equivalent to the countless hamfisted paper jokes

This happens twice in the game. 2 times.

Now do your part and tell me how many times it happens in Sticker Star. I'll wait.

>Don't pretend the original or TTYD had stellar writing either

old PM was Paper MARIO

nu PM is PAPER mario

Actually, I don't lurk on Color Splash threads at all anymore. The Pretendos get BTFO somewhat regularly now. Almost every time we learn something new about the game that highlights it's creativity, unique combat, and story.

Right now I'm focused on NX and Nintendoom threads.

>only one mistake that doesn't even damage customers happened
>have to stretch it out because it's not that bad
>better make up stuff to make it sounds even worse

>you just built it around a shitty gimmick for cheap jokes that run thin once you progress past the first chapter.

I'd argue it isn't really a gimmick when the whole world functions that way. The characters live in a Paper World and the way they act is according to that.

It's better than the inconsistent approach the previous ones took.

Please, there are a lot of "lol so randumb" jokes
in there.

intelligent systems was never good

>people bought this digitally

What the fuck is wrong with them

And both are by lord crump too if I'm not mistaken.

>hamfisted
Not when their entire world is like that

>I don't lurk
>I just check them eveyrtime I see one to see if my name was said

>Now do your part and tell me how many times it happens in Sticker Star. I'll wait.

Sticker Star breaks the fourth wall a grand total of 0 times. But nice try blaming it for something your sacred cow TTYD did.

That's probably why so few people actually took advantage of this before the ninjas got to it.

>keep in mind that you still have to buy it; nintendo still gets money even with this happening
>its a digital copy
>>>>$60 for a highly controversial title

>>entire thing revolves around visuals
I meant that they make the whole game revolve around paper

But they were. At the very least, you had interesting world building and scenarios in each chapter rather than NSMB levels

Tetris Attack

>the whole world is built for shitty DUDE PAPER jokes, so it's okay
m8

You don't see RPGs about normal people raving about how they're made of flesh and bone.

Literally none of the levels in Color Splash are le NU super BAH bros levels.

It looked much better when the paper theme was used sparingly. Now the entire setting is made out of cardboard and all the characters have a white outline for some reason.

>The Pretendos get BTFO somewhat regularly now

They sure do. Remember when Fed Force sold millions and was loved by all?

is a shit game

puyo, puzzle fighter, and actual tetris are all superior

>entire thing revolves around paper
Nothing wrong with that. The problem is that they shoved in the card gimmick. They can still implement traditional gameplay in a paper aesthetic

colour splash seems to have interesting environments though, nothing NSMB like. In fact, the paper aesthetic make it seem even less NSMB and bland.

>gameplay is still ass
>but muh grafix

Fuck off, faggot.

Even the visuals are garbage in comparison.

In earlier games, it was way more subtle about how it integrated its paper aestetics into the game, like how the combat screen in 64 looked like a diorama or how TTYD turned it into an actual stage.

But now, everything looks too good, like the environments look like cardboard and paper mache and how everyone has that shitty white outline around them.

It just sucks you out of the game because you see shit like that and then we see a breakdancing pig that looks so good that it fundamentally clashes with the design that the game is going for.

a bit off topic, was prince mush coming back a last minute edit or something, it feels off

Not him but the world was built to be made of Paper so by extension paper jokes are appropriate. Do you expect the games writing to pretend it all isn't paper when every character and every part of the world is Paper, Cardboard,etc?

I didn't say it was okay, I just said that the word hamfisted does not apply

>strawman
Such a setting is not unique in any way. Why would they emphasize that?

>looks too good

Actually it did, like twice, but those instances are easily missable.

Also I think he was referring to the "the world is Paper" thing.

>began it's life

What does this even mean? The developers created the game with the intention of it being a a sequel? Because it sure doesn't play like one nor is it alluded to within the game

The game released in 2004 when that "lul so randumb" humor was at its peak. Even then, it doesn't shove that humor down your throat every minute you play. The closest I can think of if you don't go out of your way to find it is the bowser segments, and those were great.

This guy gets it

>shit like the breakdancing pig
Once again, implementation of visuals. Nothing wrong with them in concept

>white online
It's more of a sticker aesthetic than a paper one. But yeah I want that gone.

Once by Crump and once by Frankly.
Super Paper Mario also only did it twice I think.

Nah, I like it better than all of those.

>It's better than the inconsistent approach the previous ones took.

Earlier games were way more consistent than the newer games.

What are you on about?

They were going to create Super Mario RPG 2 but then decided to be unique and use the paper element, thus making it Paper Mario

>it's okay because it was popular at that time!

I guess memes in writing are okay now?

Absolutely nothing they have shown has improved my opinion of the game from the initial trailer.

But Color Splash isn't doing NSMB levels. Even the stuff you'd expect to go fully NSMB like the swamp level and the grassy field look completely different.

It's a far cry from the visually repetitive stuff Sticker Star and Paper Jam did. There's a legit military base level for fuck's sake.

He means it started as Super Mario RPG 2, but eventually became Paper Mario. The first game did reuse some of the motifs (stars) that the first game had.
See:

It is incredibly clumsy and comes off as awkward most of the time, hamfisted is perfectly applicable.

>Doesn't damage customers

No shit sherlock, but the game being released early to anybody can show just how shit it is, thus damaging their sales

Not that this selling badly is bad

I have the game and just beat World 2, ask me anything

Interesting. I had no idea. Unfortunate we don't have a proper sequel though

>clumsy
>awkward
How? I really want to know why you think that way. Really

>Nothing wrong with them in concept

Except when it clashes with the aesthetics and only exists for lolsorandumb humor.

Remember how in the earlier games, your super moves were shit like shooting stars, a quake, an ability to buff your ATK/DEF for a few turns, and a OHKO move?

Now it's just dancing pigs, a bone, a cat, and a fucking fan, and don't forget how this shit is basically the only way to fight bosses without wanting to rip your hair out.

Does it have a story?

Because making relying on paper jokes for a Paper Mario game is such low-hanging fruit that it's barely a step up from Mushrooms making people high and Peach being kidnapped so frequently because she secretly likes it.

>Earlier games were way more consistent than the newer games.

No they weren't. some objects were 3D and obviously not paper, others were flat. There was no rhyme or reason.

If you showed someone a screenshot Paper Mario 64 or TTYD or SPM to someone unfamilar with the series without any nudging towards it do you think they could guess its aesthetic was paper?

It's a end of life Wii U game. It would've sold badly no matter what and it was going to be Sticker Star 2 no matter what because it's production started before SS was even released, and SS sold well and got good reviews because it was done before the bitterness over NIntendo started so there was no way for them to see fan reaction early enough.

In other words, this game never had a chance of selling well or being something nerds will like.

>don't forget how this shit is basically the only way to fight bosses without wanting to rip your hair out.

Are bosses even beatable without Things in this game? The bosses I've seen so far are either unhittable or do like 90% of your health in one attack without them.

A game basing its comedy around the fact that everyone is made of paper is the same as a game basing its comedy around the fact that everyone is black.

At best, it'll be funny...for the first five minutes. Then it just becomes cringey at best or painfully unfunny at worse.

It's a hell of a lot better than the self-referential shit we seem to be getting in CS.

I always wanted to fight him after he returned, but you can't. Maybe that's why you feel that way?

Just posting this since it's relevant.

so uh, where's the dump, let me put this on loadiine

>game has only been leaked for 2 or so hours
>already beat the second world

either you're full of shit or the game is really short

gib proofs

>>If you showed someone a screenshot Paper Mario 64 or TTYD or SPM to someone unfamilar with the series without any nudging towards it do you think they could guess its aesthetic was paper?
No but if I showed them footage of the game actually being PLAYED they would.

It's kind of hard to miss sometimes.

Seeing people who aren't me being accused of being 'Cody' never gets old though.

Forever proving that Metroid is a toxic brand.

Congratulations. You are part of a vocal minority.

Is it at least fun?
Do you think it would've been better off as it's own thing?

I got the game, just beat Morton without using the thing sticker. You have to do it fast though he was one turn away from just fucking murdering me with his bullshit fire mallet. You have to play the stickers properly so that you end up using your strongest one on him and not on the mooks.

I like how the only thing they re-used from this early version seems to be the rock Mario is standing on.

I think I'm just going to replay 64 and ttyd when this game comes out.

Memes are not a form of humor. When developers put them in games, they are merely references that make a game feel dated. If they could make it work without doing that, then yes.

>clashes with aesthetics
How? It seems to fit well. And you can't just claim its there for humour, the obvious reason is for appeal.

>now it's just...hair out
Implementation again. The gameplay flat out sucks, and relies too much on gimmicks

You just want the gameplay back right? I don't see how it can't work with the visuals right now, with minor tweaks.

Not that inconsistencies didn't exist in the original games either, a star can be overlooked.

Atk/def buffs can still work (if the hammer or jumps are back). OHKO moves can be a scissors or something, I don't know. The point is they can make it work, and make it work well.

oh shit look at all the 3d, totally non-paper things being posted

Paint Bowser at least looks like he has some potential. Hopefully he'll do something more than turn big for the final fight.

>If you showed someone a screenshot Paper Mario 64 or TTYD or SPM to someone unfamilar with the series without any nudging towards it do you think they could guess its aesthetic was paper?

That's the entire fucking point though.

The older PM games made it so you didn't even know that it was paper. It worked out back then because when it did reference the fact that it was paper, it became humorous because you remembered "oh yeah, it's called paper Mario."

>being blind

The Mario & Bowser one is an autistic thing to compare & bitch about, the rest drive me crazy though.

Is this autism?

>vocal minority.
You don't really believe this, do you?

why do we have a god damn papercraft board and not one for ecelebs and other internet horseshit

It's been pretty fun so far.
trolling all of you for the epic replies
hahahahahahahaha
This game is fucking awesome, a masterpiece to surpass anything this year.

Nintendo is back bitches and there is nothing you pretendos can do about it!

Neither is "so randumb"

You can't choose one over the other based on those arguments

>Has the fucking game
>Makes a video talking about pointless dumb shit

thats why nobody is talking about it

wHERE is tHE fUCKING dUMP

>Fed Force bombs despite your insistence that it's the best game ever
>Suddenly you think it's toxic

Can you make up your fucking mind about games please.

That's just the lighting of that particular area though. Mario looks brighter in the beach footage they showed which was sunnier.

It just ruined the moment for me, I know it would've been dark but if he stayed dead along with king k and the bandit that would've been better, they already showed hooktail eat an entire audience so eh

rigfht here
*FRRRRRTTTTTTT*

Actually, not him but I do.

Many people elsewhere have better impressions with the toad squad and more areas shown

ITT: All the autistic Paper Mario fans shit on a game because it's not TTYD 2.

>How? It seems to fit well. And you can't just claim its there for humour, the obvious reason is for appeal.

This is modern Nintendo user, who shove memes and shitty costumes into all their games just because they think that it'll make them "hip" to all the young people.

>You just want the gameplay back right? I don't see how it can't work with the visuals right now, with minor tweaks.

It can't work because the visuals are a symptom of the disease plaguing Nintendo right now.

Until they return to a more subtle art style that doesn't make the paper aestetic the main focus, we'll most likely never get a decent paper mario game.

Game was leaked late last night actualy. The first video uploaded of it is 11 hours old.

Hardly a "silent majority".

>That's the entire fucking point though.
>The older PM games made it so you didn't even know that it was paper. It worked out back then because when it did reference the fact that it was paper, it became humorous because you remembered "oh yeah, it's called paper Mario."

What a load of bullshit.

Uh. No that has nothing to do with the visuals. The visuals are like that because they wanted the Wii U game to look highly detailed to make use of the fact it's the first HD machine Nintendo has done. Even Sticker Star, which is objectively much less creative than Color Splash, didn't use his paper aesthetic we have in Color Splash. It was actual visual direction not "grr miyamoto said he hates bowser that talks and things that arent paper"

>Actually liking Sticker Star 2

wew lad

How does the old gameplay not work with the aesthetics? It was pretty much "Mario + mooks". We have cards to replicate that now.
Just make a few of them permanent and turn badges into Stickers and there you go.

Jokes are funnier when you're not expecting the punchline.

You can't prove that it only exists for the humour. They can also make shitty jokes in the original art style, so why not? The game is not even made by the meme spouting NOA, it's made in Japan, so the forced meme would not apply. And it's a lot of work for jokes, not only is your claim improbable, it is unreasonable.

And the traditional gameplay can return. You seem to be awfully adamant that the visuals are a symptom, but I view them as something positive that can be added to the game with its gameplay. As I mentioned above, there is no reason why it can't happen

>Mario has 3...things on his glove instead of 2

>Top: Shitty, ugly-looking cardboard with too many contrasting colors, Mario's head looks fat, it's just him in an empty world that looks no different from any other Mario game
>Bottom: Wholesome polygons with vivid colors that serve as a reminder of the times, Mario has correct proportions & a partner that helps paint the Mario universe brighter for the player

Really? Shit looks incredibly good and stylized as fuck. I'm actually surprised how much I ended up liking the look of Color Splash.

>official game leaked early
>there'll be no dump because nobody was planning to buy this shit, especially digitally
FUCK

>Neither is "so randumb"
But it is a form of comedy/humor. That's objectively true. IS managed to use it subtly in PM, TTYD and SPM (though admittedly less subtly in the lattermost title), and managed to make it so the games (especially the former two) are timeless in their writing.

What the fuck. Why did they mix heavy metal with cartoon noises? This is just jarring.

King K and Bandy Andy didn't die though. They were still alive, albeit barely. Maybe if the ghost of Mush appeared so that there's still be some closure for Jolene? I dunno, I never had a problem with it.

Well yeah. TTYD 2 is all we've ever asked for.

BTFO

>Autism Test.png

D U M P

user, literally get yourself checked for autism. This is so minor, I can't even believe we're talking about it.

I hate it because it's not Paper Mario 64-2. Also, the combat is shit.

It probably is autism
It was originally from reddit

>We've hit a point where Paper Mario children are arguing over slightly darker shades of the same colors for Mario

We've reached a new low in retarded fandoms. At least when Sonicfags bitched about the new Sonic, there was actually a change taking place.

What's with all the colour splash defeners all of a sudden anyway?

I hate that sticker star exists becasue the only argument they're going to use is

>but AT LEAST it isn't as bad as sticker star!!!!

>Can't gift people games on the WiiU eShop like you could on the Wii and 3DS
>Can't buy multiple copies of PM64 for various other people, thus upping the sales

This is bullshit

Then again, can't you buy codes or something from Amazon or Gamestop?

If this had TTYD gameplay you would be prasising the visuals, fucking faggot

Just Cody and his fans

Idk I never really liked the other paper mario games so this probably won't change anything

But then you'd get the "You just hate new things!" argument

which people still use even though this shit is Sticker Star 2

Not everybody is culturally barren enough to actualy think the plot and characters in PM1 and PM2 were good.

>They actually called the theme "Final Battle Phase 2" as if it was preventing spoilers

It's fucking Bowser, everyone knows this. If anything it's Bowser "corrupted" by the Black Paint.

No, I preferred the crisp vector-like (there's probably a better term than this to describe the art style) visuals of SPM and TTYD. The original PM is one of my favorite games but I still hate the visuals.

People are curious how much actually improved so they aren't immediately going "STICKER STAR 2 LMAO"

>Not everybody is culturally barren enough to actualy think the plot and characters in PM1 and PM2 were good.
>nobody is culturally barren to like actual characters and story that's more than just "bowser kidnapped peach, go save her"

Now you're just nitpicking.

You can actually hear Bowser's Leitmotif in the track.

Uh. No. It's called Final Battle Phase 2 because Crunchii is ripping the raw game files and doesn't know the song's real title yet. He will change when he finds out as usual.

Stop the second hand embarrasment.

It's a damn shame that moot got rid if the report button for advertising/spam before he left. There's no way that the NIDF doesn't post in these threads.

So, the final boss is Bowser again? Couldn't they you know, make Bowser a sub-boss and have a bigger threat for the finale? It's like they really want to make the game predictable and underwhelming.

So then please explain the great and compelling narrative plot points and characters in PM1&2.

The complaint was that the colors are dull. He was just showing that it's true.

yeah, it's really jarring.

Opinions?
youtube.com/watch?v=4UhLGZf0sV4
I like the song after the first minute, before that it feels kind of weak.

Actual characters that are, at their absolute best, sailor-sob-story that adds nothing to a Mario game and barely rises beyond a cliche.

Story that isn't Bowser Kidnapped Peach because instead it's "personality-less purpose-less evil faction wants to rul the world", which is just as bad, if not worse since it's melodramatic to boot.

The charm of Paper Mario has always been the humor and the crazy scenarios, which Color Splash has. It probably won't be as good as PM2 in that either, but it's certainly looking much more creative than Sticker Star and PM1 in that aspect.

My bad m8, I didn't know how this Crunchii guy works.

It doesn't matter anyway. Cody still hasn't been permabanned, and he's 15 and a huge shitposters, and whenever he's been banned, he just "avoids" them.

>"Haha, I'm going to call it the sequel to the game we all hate. That'll show him!"

So you want Nintendo to do to the Paper Mario franchise what Ubisoft did to Assassain's Creed franchise? Seriously, people went from loving Assassin's Creed 2 to hating it and calling it overrated because of all the sequels that followed.

I'm defending it because some Paper Mario fans, like Arlo think it's OK to call Metroid fans entitled and childish when Federation Force was announced because "it's different, so give it a chance guys" but when Colour Splash was announced they complained way more than Metroid fans did about FF. Way more. This thread is enough proof, you never got autistic shit like and actual discussion in a FF thread pre release.

Is it possible to get the game still or is the purchase button still gone?

>Starts yelling at someone else
please god

>It's like they really want to make the game predictable and underwhelming.
now you're beginning to understand modern nintendo

They had a damn plot in the first place.

/argument

youtu.be/FOtPfceKZYE

The song could be a better battle theme if it was 1.25 faster, that makes it feel like the older battle themes

Arlo said to give it chance, but I'm pretty sure he hates it now.

I think it's a little slow paced for battle but as an actual song I love it.

Though I suppose the slower pace makes sense if it has a battle-card system where you're not always in the heat of it.

>actual discussion in a FF thread pre release.

Yeah, about the actual games.

People only said that about Ass creed because there was a new game every year with little to no improvement. It's fine that there isn't a new paper mario every year but the gameplay changes look like ass

ITT: autistic manchildren that can no more enjoy simple games made for children blame it on changes in the game instead of their age, since they cannot accept growing up

Idk the top looks fine to me, what's wrong with it?
The bottom looks like standard GC tier graphics.

>Game's so bad that Nintendo literally had to stop people from buying it
B R A V O
R
A
V
O

This is clearly bowser.

So this most likely Bowser in some form.

Yeah but I wouldn't expect Paper Mario to become a shitty yearly release like Asscreed became. And there are other, better ways to mix up the gameplay than stickers and cards should the need for change arise.

Even though Federation Force turned out bad, I still think the initial hate was too soon. Next Level Games had a perfect track record up to that point. It wouldn't have hurt to be a little more patient before petitioning for its cancellation.

>blame it on changes in the game instead of their age, since they cannot accept growing up

So when the changes are clearly bad, it doesn't matter just because we're adults? Okay, that makes perfect sense.

They had to do that. The game is so bad they know if somebody leak the ending already nobody is going to buy it later.

>Calls people who want a TTYD sequel autists who want a rehash
>Defends Sticker Star 2 when it's literally rehashing SS's gameplay

The depths you fanboys will go to defend Nintendo is sad.

Which petition went up faster - the one for the cancellation of FF or the one for the cancellation of Colour Splash?

So loadiine dump when?

SOUNDTRACK WHEN

Nobody that doesn't have clinical autism cares about the ending in a Mario game.

It will only sell badly because marketing was weak and the Wii U is dead.

>I'm defending it because some Paper Mario fans, like Arlo think it's OK to call Metroid fans entitled and childish when Federation Force was announced because "it's different, so give it a chance guys" but when Colour Splash was announced they complained way more than Metroid fans did about FF.
I never seen that and I've been stalking this game & it's reception for a while now. Also there is technically a difference between the 2 games, Federation Force was a (so far) one off spin-off & not replacing the Prime series for example, Sticker Star & Color Splash is changing it's own sub-series that had established games prior. Also in a lot of peoples defense, even with it's improvements like the Hammer Scraps EXP people liking a game that expands upon Sticker Star's gameplay is unlikely since the core of the gameplay is still the same as SS.

The changes have nothing to do with age you moron.

I have a question for you guys. Can you list something you really don't like about the first three Paper Marios?

>Paper Mario
The game locks up after the game's ending.

>The Thousand-Year Door
The General White shit was annoying and Boggly Woods wasn't really that fun. It was at least nice to look at, though.

>Super Paper Mario
Some of the levels kind of drag on and you have to go through Flopside's Pit of 100 Trials twice for it to count.

There was a Color Splash petition?

I can say I hate everything about SPM that isn't the music and parts of the story.

AWFUL system and level design that made it clear IS had no idea of what to do with a platformer mix adventure game.

>"If I keep calling it Sticker Star 2, it will be Sticker Star 2"
Give me a source that states Colour Splash is a direct sequel to Sticker Star.
And give it a chance because it's different. :^)

>This projecting
They REMOVED the Story, the Characters, interesting worlds and made one of the worst combat system ever.
Paper Mario is shit now. get over it.

Not on that fucking tree it doesn't. And the terrain cardboard actually looks pretty lame when it's side by side with Paper Mario's soil texture.

You basically said all my main complaints with it. I especially hate how PM64 just sits there at the end.

Yes:
change.org/p/nintendo-cancel-paper-mario-color-splash

>Boggly Woods wasn't really that fun. It was at least nice to look at, though.

I can appreciate the design, but maybe my TV was fucked or something because it hurt my eyes after a while.

It was actually really good. It probably has the best combat system of all the Mario & Luigi games along with a good sense of humor. I don't think it stands out as much as a game like Superstar Saga or Bowser's Inside Story, though.

>GC tier graphics.
You realize that's an N64 game, right?

>it's a sequel
>but this doesn't matter because it's not a DIRECT sequel

What

More music, this time for a mini-boss:

Pretty jamming I must say, then again one of Sticker Star's best songs was the Event Battle music.

The stat caps in PM64 were annoying. If I want to be a shitter and run around with 5 max HP then god damn it let me do it.

Yeah it's improved a lot from when jt was first shown but it isn't out of the woods yet.

I can understand giving the game a fair go but most of the complaints coming from people are still valid

Any track record can be safely disregarded when you present a co-op shooter game. These are all bad.

>Paper Mario
Nothing

>The Thousand-Year Door
Nothing

>Super Paper Mario
Nothing

I only hate Sticker Star and Colour Splash, everything else was top notch and flawless.

I can't attack without consuming a resource, bosses die in one hit if I use a shitty thing card, and I can safely avoid combat without missing a damn thing because you're spending more resources to kill random enemies than you're getting for winning the encounter.

That and there's still no partners, no badges, and you travel along a shitty NSMB style map rather than exploring an overworld where each area is interconnected to one another.

Stop being silly, user.

It was decent enough.
My only complain was the total lack of new Characters.

Nine months tops.

>64
The partners almost never talk after they join you.

>TTYD
The backtracking could be a bit much at times.

>SPM
The NPC's being made with the shape tool in MS Paint, and the sidequests being boring as shit.

It was great, yeah. Best combat of any Mario game, beautiful graphics, memorable takes on familiar characters. Like said it has its share of flaws and isn't quite up there with some of the other Mario RPGs, but it was pretty swell in its own right.

Not gonna lie, SS and Paper Jam could be bad but the music is still top tier

Why are there known tripfags on Cred Forums? I can understand /vg/ but jesus christ these people must seriously be autistic if they're recognized on Cred Forums

>shitty NSMB style map
Except the environments are actually interesting.

I'm being quite serious though, just like everyone else in this thread I also hate Sticker Star and this new game everyone's talking about user.

>Triforce Heroes bad
>Toshi new island bad
>not showing fire emblem, dream team, 3d land, hyrule warriors or bayonetta

This bait.

To everybody who says "Paper Mario did not have an incredible story"

The stories of the old Paper Mario games were charming stories that had more than humor. It was not anything too grandiose or revolutionary, but it had heart and talked about things everybody, adults and children, could understand without being too kiddy or simplified.
The things I mean are feelings like love, jealousy, laughter, sadness, redemption, or even themes like death and corruption.
Then the games also featured adventure and discovery. With the Japanese name of the series in mind (Mario Story), it makes more sense.

Now, while the Color Splash does not look bad, it only has humor and wackiness to its side. It can be very funny (Mario, a war criminal who uses illegal performance enhancing power ups), but it does not have the same emphasis on narration and emotions the series had once.
If it has, color me suprised, but I doubt it does.

>Paper Mario
Nothing in particular

>The Thousand-Year Door
The backtracking

>Super Paper Mario
the 3D-2D gimmick was shit

>Paper Mario
It feels old. This is probably a non-complaint, but I really don't like the graphics and the soundtrack leaves much to be desired. It feels slow. TTYD is the Platinum to 64's Diamond/Pearl

>TTYD
All that cool stuff Goombella tells you about after the end? You can't to any of it. There's basically no post game outside of the Pit of 100 trials, but that's basically a one-and-done deal.

>SPM
The block puzzle in fucking Crag land where you have to write down the code. No side quests. Only real post game is 3 pits of 100 trials.

I hate Sticker Star & Color Splash also, I'm talking about the flawless part, that's just a silly thing to say & they're legitimately my all-time favorite games.

>I'm talking about the flawless part, that's just a silly thing to say & they're legitimately my all-time favorite games.
Oh no no no, these games are masterpieces. There is truly nothing wrong with them but with Sticker Star and Color Rehash everything is wrong with them.

agreed

>a shitty NSMB style map rather than exploring an overworld where each area is interconnected to one another.

I call bullshit on that. The world map of Sticker Star and Color Splash are more interconnected than the walled off Rougeport where you need to take a Pipe to over half of the locations in the game...or the doors in Super Paper Mario.

I think the problem we have here is you people are romanticising TTYD and SPM and acting as if they're better than the actually are.

You're still wrong, you say it LOOKS like it PLAYS like shit

>Paper Mario
Not much to do after the ending, the Cloud boss I remember being annoying, that's all I can remember considering I haven't played it for a few years.

>The Thousand Year Door
I can't really answer fairly since its been years since I've done a legit playthrough, but the end game was annoying.

>Super Paper Mario
The fact that it doesn't really do anything with the Mario series concepts, (What is there aside from Mario, Peach, Luigi and Bowser), Bowser's characterization (which is probably why he was mute in Sticker Star), the visuals, the cliche story... It's almost impressive how it is, and at the same time is not, a Mario game

"Looks like shit" is a pretty obvious all-encompassing term to mean "looks like it's going to be shit".

If someone watches a movie trailer and goes "looks like shit" they mean "I think this movie will be shit"

neat

More music, it's an 8-bit version of the normal battle theme:

It'll probably play when you're in the SMB.3 area.

>I hate Color Splash

>"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"

HOW FUCKING IRONIC IS THIS?

Not only you don't understand people having different opinions and discussion, but you don't even know how to properly write "defenders".

Go back to school.

Hownew are you buddy? Do you realize you need to be 18 to use this site?

>Actually trying to argue that having areas being walled off by level select bullshit is better than having them be interconnected by an overworld.

Here's a (You)

Oh it is? Well that's nice.
I don't see how it is an improvement over the smooth looking top one though, pls tell me

/thread

>Game leaked
WELP I'M OUTTA HERE
See you all in a few weeks

seriously, on 1.25 speed the theme is a way better battle theme

>It's a damn shame that moot got rid if the report button for advertising/spam before he left
Because people in Cred Forums don't know the difference between advertising, shilling and discussion, opinions?

And even if the spam/advertising option were still there, mods would still not do their jobs.

literally what is there to spoil

>Good thing you misspelled a word so now I can ignore your argument, better luck next time kiddo :^)

The visuals look pretty good graphically, but the art style is fucking stupid.

The white outline around characters is completely unnecessary and distracting. I hate this aspect with a burning passion.

Some animations, mainly from mario and NPCs, are stop-motion type style (or whatever the fuck it's called), but other shit isn't, like paint splashes, mario's hammer, and everything else. This, combined with the white outline, is tenfold retarded.

The characters being extremely paper-like in a world that is much more detailed and realistic-looking looks lame. The whole contrast bullshit they're going for is not as cool as they think.

The art styles of PM1 and 2 are far superior, more memorable, and more consistent. Not to mention having better gameplay, better characters, better story, etc.

Bowser is the final boss. He's covered on ink and shit. There's nothing to spoil, the game is predictable as fuck

No I'm arguing that TTYD and SPM don't have a proper interconnected overworld and that the Flipside Doors and the Rogueport sewer are a glorified level select.

Just look at the image I posted the start of Petal Meadows has a void to the left of it...every level in Sticker Star has a proper entrance and sensibly connects up on the world map.

maybe the absolutely surprising and unpredictable secret fight against _____dry bowser____

SMB.2 overworld music in Color Splash, sounds comfy:
youtube.com/watch?v=kl6cUHIbCcs

>even if the spam/advertising option were still there, mods would still not do their jobs.
Then get on IRC and tell them to do their jobs? Actually use the report function and clear off the cobwebs that form around it from disuse?

>user thinks he made some cool, psychological observation

Not even close, man.

WHO'S THEME IS THIS?

I'm going to play this since it's easy as fuck to play hacked Wii U games.

desu I like the graphics and I'm okay with less rpg elements. The lack of unique characters is what worries me most.

Probably a fight against a giant Cheep-Cheep or some stupid shit.

If Sticker Star's Event Battle theme meant anything it's probably just a general mini-boss theme & doesn't have ties to anyone specific. Other than that the only mini-boss we know of is Petey I believe.

That joke was made years ago

>SMB2
>Shy guys everywhere
Subcon confirmed?

Rodea (wii version not wii u) was a pretty good game, it reminded me of something that would come out during the saturn/dreamcast era of sega.

As shitty as this game will probably be at least the OST will be pretty good

Will Rise and Tanaka cry when this game bombs?

So, considering what Paper Jam did, why doesn't IS bring in more established characters, like Daisy or Waluigi or something. There was that rule, but Birdo still got a cameo.

>Tanaka
You mean Tanabe?

They were restricted to just using main series characters, I think.

but Birdo still got a cameo

>show literally nothing but the worst parts of the previous game in the trailer for the new game
>"wtf??? Why do people hate this game :("

WHERE MY ISO AT

Don't forget how the original Paper Mario games tackled pop-culture and current phenomenons.

Face it. Would Color Splash be able to make cracks at things like corruption in the boxing industry or paranormal conspiracies like TTYD did?

No.

because IS doesn't care about anything that's not fire emblem at this point

I know, I was kind of wondering since Birdo was there (Birdo did appear in SMB2, but she barely sees use outside of it and the spinoffs).

Birdo was in Paper Jam? I don't remember that.

loadiine when
reeeeee

yes

Sticker Star used the black market for a joke and there's the Oceanfest thing. That's about it though.

She wasn't in Paper Jam, but she was in Sticker Star.

Yeah, I must have misunderstood.

Snifit or Whiff It was like, the only Paper Mario-esque thing in Sticker Star.

What about the Enigmansion? Usually people mention that as the only Paper Mario-esque thing.

Their restriction was & I quote "As much as possible, complete it with only character from the Super Mario world." meaning they could use any already-established characters from any Mario game, they just weren't allowed to create new characters beyond I guess Kersti.

Reminder that we will NEVER EVER get cool or cute characters again

>not having eyes

So how isthe gameplay? Is it likensticker star?

Mario went full Idolm@ster
youtube.com/watch?v=00R7IRMwqG8

Battlewise yeah. The big difference is that now the Battle Spinner gives you new attacks so you don't get completely screwed when you run out of cards.

Goddamn phone piece of shit
Anyone someone plz tell

Alright guys, I pre-loaded the game last night and was able to download it in full.

Dumping it now, should be up on loadline in a few hours.

post proof

i'll expect it within 5

Basically yeah, there's at least a semi-exp meter though. You get Hammer Scraps after fights which level up your paint meter.

Here's a webm of that.

>Deleted

for what purpose?

You are now imagining an idol group consisting entirely of male toads whose only distinct features are having different colored spots and maybe some outfit accessory.

I really hate how they're pushing the whole "paper" theme in the more recent Paper Mario games.
Yes, it's called Paper Mario. It doesn't mean everything is literally fucking made of paper. The original game was called "Mario Story", because that's what it was. It was a Mario RPG with a story. The whole "DUDE PAPER LMAO" thing is fucking obnoxious. I also really hate how there's those ugly as fuck white borders around all the characters.

Paper was originally the aesthetic of the series, but they made it into the theme. That's bad. The original theme, of it being like a "pages in a book", as in a storybook, was wonderful. But fuck that right? DUDE, THEY'RE MADE OF PAPER LMAO. ISN'T THAT FUNNY? WE SHOULD BASE ALL THE FUCKING JOKES ON THE GAME ON THAT.

Soundtrack when?

Thanks.

I'd rather imagine a group of female Toads

Too bad, no female toads for you. Only the same fucking male toad copied 1000 times allowed

but then it wouldnt be as generic

But what of Toadette.

>Female Toads
They're dead dude. At least they wear clothes now I guess?

Even she was canonically made into genderless like rest of the toads.

>genderless
user...
mariowiki.com/List_of_rumors_and_urban_legends_about_Mario#Toads.27_genders

Toadette will never see Mario in the Paper Mario series ever again dude, it's confirmed.

Wasn't it just the guy in charge of Captain Toad that said that?

Plus she's regarded as female in all media.

>eagerly awaiting the color splash dump
>know I'm going to drop it after just a couple hours anyway

>Mario Kart 64 Rainbow Road is in the game

Fuck this game, make these composer make endless music for me.

That .gif genuinely makes me sad.

WHY DID THEY PUT THIS IN THE GAME

love you

I know that fucking feel. It looks so disappointing but yet I wanna try it. At least I don't need to spend money on this fucking game.

OP GIB FREE GAME

I WANT TO PLAY REAL BAD BUT I DONT WANT SPEND MONEy

>All the music is turning out great
>it's gonna be stuck in this garbage

>Lying
Paper Mario looks like skidded dogshit, splash looks GOAT in it's HD glory

>I want to see how shit the game really is before I drop it completely, without wasting 60 dollars on trash and giving the devs money they don't deserve.

It was the logical conclusion.
Yet we still won't have a final color duel with Black Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario.

Great

Literally us.

she knew

we all thought she was just saying "see you next time"

but she knew

>World Map Medley
youtube.com/watch?v=ncHbeq64Tz8

>pic
This can't be real.

Intelligent Systems hasn't made a good game in 17 years.
Why are retards still buying their shit

waifus

TTYD came out in 2004 though

But Sticker Star and Color Splash won't have waifus

Which waifus, faggot. They even took that out.

>Color Splash is so creatively bankrupt that it even has to steal its ost from other better games

At least this builds up to be a pretty great song as it goes on.

?

I don't like the game as much as anyone, but you are fucking stupid.
Any other game would at least have people pointing out the absolutely insane comments.

only retards pay for games on 3ds, kys google

I was talking about fire emblem

nobody is buying color splash

and their last good game in 1999

Color Splash is a Wii U game, user.

Nevermind then, you're right.

is there piracy on wiiu?

If you're interested enough to try/play it you don't deserve to play it without paying it. If you don't want to pay for Color Splash then go play some game you are willing to pay for.

Yes

node

then my point still stands, why would you pay for a game on a dead console anyway

Yes, it's very easy. You pretty much just put something on your SD card & then go on a website via the Internet Browser and launch the Homebrew Channel.

Yup, WiiU is pretty much fully open.
I only buy games on Vita and PS4 anymore to be honest, and that's just because of trophies.

Iunno. I just answered your question

>Roy's Battle Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=unOcXLO4eQk

Sounds like a slower Mario Kart 8 song.

>that wub wub

I didn't know ducks were an instrument.

>All this music
Fuck yes this is exactly what I want
Call me when Iggy's battle theme is posted, I loved that in the gameplay videos

I audibly laughed, christ.

It does fit him well, it's the right mix of tough-guy and silly.

DUMP IT WITH DDD AND Put ON WII U ISO PLEASE? OR DARKUMBRA OR HERE

I love it.

I hope he uploads the rest soon.

Upload the fucking game. I just to suffer and get over it already

No fuck darkumbra and it's "post to unlock links" bullshit

>mfw this can be fully playable with cemu

So are the bosses actual bosses this time around or are they just retarded "puzzles" like in Sticker Stars again?
That was one of my biggest issues with SS, you never actually fought them, you just searched for the one sticker that destroyed them and that was that.

thanks user! would you mind posting one bit of proof so we dont go ape shit over you like dq7 user?

Puzzles, moreso than SS.

Based on Morton & Iggy it seems like it'll be like a "puzzle" again.

>Normal Battle (Reverse)

Sounds like an interesting mix of the Battle Theme for sure. This one sure has me curious.

Fucking why
I haven't seen a single person say he likes that shit

GamexPlain guy said you can beat them by combat alone, but it takes a skill level that most won't be able to do. The bosses just get too powerful when they activate their gimmicks and you might not survive too long.

Where the fuck is this game going??

i bet the story gets DARK

>story
lol

>color splash leaks 2 weeks early
>I still won't be able to play it until a week after its officially released because my game pad broke and I have to send away to fix it

we should all be so lucky

I'm kind of envious of all the people who died waiting for Paper Mario 3 to come out.

It hasn't "leaked" because no one capable of dumping actually paid the $60 to digitally download the game in the short timeframe it was accidentally made available.

kek, it's going to be a fucking Boo ghost house and nothing else.

you dumbass that's a joke

get. fucking. mad. bro.

I just want to pirate it, hate it, get it out of my system and move on.

I'm sure someone who has it made a Reddit thread or something about it, and will be instructed on how to dump it within the next day or so

There are periods where you have to legitimately fight them. Otherwise:

Just download the soundtrack when you get the chance. Surely that'll be more enjoyable.

So you can beat them by combat alone?
I may just do that and upload some recordings of it.

>even if the game doesn't leak widespread, we will likely know everything there is to know about it within a week

Are you ready? The soundtrack is just the tip of the iceberg.

I wonder if you get berated for doing that like Kersti did.

What actually happened is that a SJW at Gamespot took the quote out of context in order to push an agenda.

What he actually said was that they didn't really care about the male/female dynamic between Toad and Toadette.

>Big Boss
youtube.com/watch?v=iNtrWz78bog

Shit I actualy want to dance to this. It's kinda mariacchi

It sounds like it. From what I've seen:

Morton: He only lights up his hammer after 3/4th his damage. You can also have two battle slots at that point, so worst case, you might need a couple mushrooms. Not sure if the players blocked it either.

Iggy: You fight him on foot for a bit before he hops on the chariot. Not sure if all attacks miss or there's some the can go through. Then again, the game all but, forces you to get the bone Thing so it's not like you're going in blind.

Anyone else here really have a distaste for the soundtrack so far? It sounds like a complete mess to me.

Did he get in? It's a game about paint-- I'm gonna be pissed if he didn't get in

I just want 100% confirmation if Bowser is the final boss or not at this point, the rest I don't mind be surprised about.

We still don't know. So far the Koopalings are in it, Bowser is covered in black paint, Petey is in it & Kamek is in it but they haven't showed 1 bit of Bowser Jr. yet oddly.

Of course everyone is gonna hate this and shitpost about it. I like it, though. I even like the wuahs and shit.

Jr. died in Paper Jam.

I'm digging Roy's Battle theme & the Rainbow Road 64 track, the Super Mario Land Ending one disappoints me greatly though. The rest are meh.

They were too stupid to put Wart in Dream Team, so don't put too much faith in these guys.

So did the koopalings, but they still made it in.

Beat it already. Can confirm he's not in it. Kamek is but oddly doesn't talk and isn't part of the plot he just fucks with your cards.

Paper Koopalings weren't in Paper Jam though.

The Final Boss music all but confirms it's Bowser in some form.

Second phase of the final boss track is pretty kick ass:

The Paper Koopalings weren't in Paper Jam.

It's 10 times better than the Sticker Star and TTYD one, but I don't like it as much as PM1 or SPM.

I think in Paper Jam, Roy asks if there's paper versions of them and Wendy responds by saying they're just causing trouble in the book.

who tf these nikkas
youtube.com/watch?v=qVjUHSCpD04

Ahhhhhhhahahahhaha
Look at this no-taste pleb
TTYD has one of the best soundtracks in mario

>The only one aside from Bowser who doesn't blow up onscreen.

>Paper Bowser was planning on destroying the book, regardless of who was left there.

Juggling Hammer Bros?

Better not be messing with me user. If you aren't, damn. How the fuck does the guy with the magic paintbrush and the Clown Car not make it into Color Splash and Mario Kart?

They are shyguys.
Can't you tell from the SMB2 music?

They're shy guys from the Circus level.

Yeah, it does happen.

That's possibly related to the Circus. Sounds comfy.

Let's remember when PM was good
youtube.com/watch?v=dBKpIWSwp_A

I enjoy the sheer amount of vitriol in these threads, they're just as bad as metroid threads. I'm waiting for the inevitable Mario RPG fans blame Paper fans for their series dying off and vice-versa.

It's very nice that you're so confident in your opinion but not so promising that you have to get baby-tastically sardonic about someone disagreeing. Perhaps it's not that great eh?

>The Thousand-Year Backtrack
>good
holy kek I hope you're not serious and this is just some ebin b8 post. If so, congrats, here's your (You).

>It's 10 times better than the Sticker Star and TTYD one, but I don't like it as much as PM1 or SPM.
I didn't know taste so shitty was this possible
youtu.be/nbbsw5lLsoo
youtu.be/GAwUaiWHgL8
youtu.be/iTYnay4WYTI
youtu.be/jYwcHDAcxVM
I'm not putting forth more effort than that to prove your shit opinion wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=1LrHDlcsUDw

Looks like GameXplain coincidentally got their copy in

i could fucking masturbate to this music

I love Mario RPG and Paper Mario was pretty good but Sticker Star and Color Splash just ruined everything.

People were starting to gett their review copies in about a week ago so it's not shocking they got it.

Thank god for that. My erection at being right can only get so hard without you proving me right 4 times in a row. What a load of boring dreck, and those are the better ones too.

>Doorfags get this triggered over someone's opinion on the music
kek

>Rainbow Curse
I'll never understand the criticism for this. I'll say the level design is way better compare to Canvas Curse, plus it also has that god tier soundtrack. But I'll say that the final boss is very underwhelming.

This looks like one of those bad Nintendo in Unreal Engine videos.

>they mailed a dead toad

Man, I love the TTYD soundtrack but you could have chosen better tracks to represent it.

Oh that's rich those songs aren't better...you know TTYD can still be a better game while being worse than Color Splash in some aspects?

No one game has to be universally better than another in every regard. A game you don't like can be better at something than the one you like. These discussions would be far more civil if people understood this.

Okay, but Paper kamek died and he's apparently in this. Same with paper Petey

So who mailed it to Mario? Bowser? I doubt it. Seems too smart/absolute madman for him, and why would he even attract Mario there to begin with?

Peach was the one who received it, so it was probably to lure her there.

spam Crunchiitastic on twitter for a dump since he rips the files for the song uploads

He's confirmed a cuck, he doesn't want to dump it or spoil it.

>doesn't want to spoil it
>posts final boss theme

Music is a different story, that's just what he does. He even called it "Final Boss Phase 2" instead of "le black paint bowser phase 2"

>Theif Shy Guy
youtube.com/watch?v=cMZynOvgQ9M

I was gonna put the Cortez battle music and doopliss battle theme on there too, but I'm not gonna exert effort to validate shitposting. I just wanted to post some actually decent music in the sea of shit that is this thread, so I did

don't expect fair judgment from Cred Forums
for fucks sake, they're even hating the paper jokes in this game, no one can be this biased and hypocrite

So no Nabbit, then?

He did? Link?

Hopefully it runs on cemu when it gets dumped

The final boss music has Bowser's theme in it, that all but confirms it already.
Going with the paint theme he probably uses a magical brush to paint himself in a special way for the second form or some shit like that

How do you feel about this?

Sounds like sex to the ears for me. I always love that track when it's covered/remixed.

These feels