Why aren't you playing Battlefield 2142 right now? Project Revive just released it today...

Why aren't you playing Battlefield 2142 right now? Project Revive just released it today, and there's already 2 full servers. Create an account and download the launcher for both 2142, BF2, and BF2 Special forces. All games are currently active and have players, fun times to be had.

battlelog.co/downloads.php#client

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lnlA2rCHJHY
ign.com/faqs/2006/battlefield-2142-in-game-tips-740081
twitter.com/AnonBabble

do I have to pay?

downloading it right now

no
just download their launcher and load the game files

It's completely free.

Just noticed that the LMG class in 2142 also was a nigger.
Sweden yes since the dawn of time.

nice, will do next sunday when I have time

To be fair it is the year 2142, they went pretty light on the diversity. Europe won't be European by that time anyway.

a nigger in 2142 combat makes sense, unlike one in ww1 combat(in europe)

>one character is black
>game must be leftist propaganda

Stop. You are just as bad as the SJW scum.

Thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=lnlA2rCHJHY

I'll download it if you go easy on me. My first online Battlefield was BC2.

Don't slide my fucking thread

we are witnessing the genocide of whole nations and people
what a time to be alive!

You don't actually know what sliding is do you?

What? If anything we're giving your thread free bumps.

>recon
>cloak and stick RDX to vehicles
>sneak into enemy base and RDX their instruments

This game was so fucking GOAT

I fully intend to be registering later. Are people likely to be on 5 hours from now?

Not me guys

Yes. There are always people on. However, it was just released today, so people might be a little late to the party.

>3/4 of the classes are black characters
Fuck this shit

No worries. Thank you for reminding me that I could be playing battlefield 2142.

Just ignore it. You don't even see their faces most of the time.

If it'll get you to shut the fuck up or talk about the game instead, just think of it as an opportunity to shoot digital minorities.

Goddammit user, can you stop being easily triggered and pointing race ? Just play the fucking game.

Is there a fucking way to up the download speed?

Nah, it's just you. I downloaded it in 2 minutes. Of course that was with fiber optics.

I get 30mb/s + on steam and any other platform.

I'm downloading this shit at 1.5mb/s.

That thinking just causes another problem.
How can he masturbate and play at the same time?

>Waiting for the recon fag to blurr across the field.
>Headshot him.
>Get mad kiddo in chat.

This game is fucking GOTYAY

Welp I was getting 200 mbps an hour ago so idk bud

I downloaded the launcher, remind me how big the gamefiles are.

Are you sitting in the google HQ or something

>spawn in
>some faggot hops in a transport and takes off by himself while everyone else shoots at him to try to get his attention

It's kind of comforting to know that some things will never change.

Like 4gb for 2142
Nope. Just sitting in my house in a neighborhood where fiber was recently installed.

I lived a in suburb in south east asia country and I got 100MB speed fiber, where the hell are you live? Africa?

It took me 4 minutes at 75mpbs

installed the folders are
bf2142 2,63GB and
bf2 2,85GB

did they fix up 64 player servers, remember that being unsable as fuck with titan mode you basically had to join 48 player and under servers to play it

Thanks anons. I've got 20 minute eta here.

What about widescreen support? I remember, a while back, 2142 didn't like my 16:9 monitor, even with the +szx and +szy parameters. Am I mistaken?

I feel ya dawg; I'm at 15 minutes to go then I get to play my favorite fucking game mode in an online fps

Fucking Titan mode is the tits man.
> flying fully controllable mobile fortress with airdock capability.

Oh my god I am literally creaming myself.

There is a widescreen support option in the launcher settings for each game

Damn. I can't get home fast enough, then.

To be more precise they're in the Battlelog.co launcher

Nice shill lads.

>EU
WE

>shill
Really? I just want people to see that a free fun game is available. What's wrong with that? Eat shit.

It's plenty justified in this case. Only underage wouldn't want to play 2142. The last good battlefield game before everything became triple AAA horseshit.

>3 Bumps in a row within 1 minute

Do you know how Cred Forums works?

Thanks for the bump friend

Nice trips.

Also my friday roleplay group just cancelled, I've got some dank weed, and i'm currently downloading one of the best multiplayer games i've ever played. Feels fucking great.

>all 3 of them within less than 30 seconds between each other
Clearly one guy bumped and two others joined in for the ride

There is nothing in the rules/faq that states bumps can are only applicable between one minute integers

I'll probably give it a try in a few days, never did actually play this game outside of the demo

Been waiting for this since Project Revive BF2 launched

Imagine BF2 but much tighter gameplay while adding impressive new features like EMP strikes and bipedal mechs.

There's no fucking reason to bump spam as well.

At least wait until you hit page 5 to bump the thread.

Literally just spamming at this stage, no worse than shit posting.

Point taken

Salty user is salty.

Not even that guy.

This game is worth the bump tho

LOL who fucking cares

idk looked up a video of the gameplay on youtube. didnt seem very good or fun. ill stick with bf4.

Half assed bait

Future trash is trash, I'll stick to Forgotten Hope 2

Thanks senpai, will probably have some fun for a few hours reliving my childhood.

your loss

really nigger

>Forgotten Hope 2

is that code for Planetside 2?

Bump for a good cause

i love this game

Are all BF2142 maps in rotation? Or is it Camp Gibraltar 24/7?

WHY I CANT CONNECT TO BAD COMPANY 2 ??????????????

There's a few servers. Take a look yourself.

Nigga I'm still downloading.

Battlefield 2 WW2 mod, complete overhaul

There is server info on the website, battlelog.co

just fucking tell the god damn man

He wants people to get interested in it themselves and find out their own way. S' very traditional.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

I've been waiting for this. I loved 2142 but I did not play it nearly enough due to bad PC at the time. Time to correct this.

>register
>confirm
>"your login was not correct"
neato

Why do they provide a PunkBuster setup? Surely no servers actually use PunkBuster right? These games don't even get anticheat updates anymore so all it can do is bother legit users.

>punkbuster
dropped
I don't want that malware shit on my PC

Dead game, forgotten hope 2 should just pull a project reality and go standalone. But they are too much of a pussy to do it worried about being sued. When in reality they would just get a cease and desist and based on the popularity of project reality they would get one before forgotten hope would.

Goddamn developers can be so stupid sometimes.

Can I use this on my Origin version? Otherwise it would be pirating, and that's illegal you know...

if you already own the game it isn't pirating

If anyone is having trouble with the Battleog.co launcher, use the Revival Launcher instead
The game is abandonware

Are official servers even down?

What's the point in this release?

>BF has been shit since Bad Company 2
>DICE announces a new BF
>not modern
>hype ensues
>BACK TO WW2 MOTHERFUCKER

I'm done with this company. 2142 was amazing and we'll never see anything like it again because it takes too much imagination.

Fucking Battlefront 3 wasn't even fun and it was Star Wars.

I don't know what do you mean under unstabe? did it crash alot?
just finished flying and strafing, and circling around with transport ship and letting my gunners mow down anything on the ground, while dropping out a constant stream of spawning teammates - all of it in full 64 players server on titan map
felt pretty awesome

will be fun shooting you down, buddy

>join server
>get spawncamped for the rest of the round by a nolife pilot going 80-0 at the expense of everyone elses fun
sure felt awesome
absolutely nothing has changed in all these years

Not him, but the problem I remember with Titan servers is that moving the actual Titans would fuck the server.

>Jupiter, Saturn and Neptune
Is this real or is it a clever shop because the persons and the planets have roughly the same mass?

what???

oh shit I didn't even read the photo, nevermind.

Yeah it sure feels shit being on the receiving end
but it's a legit strategy
how the fuck else would you be able to cap a point if you don't kill all the spawning enemies while you're capping it?

As feminists complain about men and your kind complain about negroes. You are both the same, filth.

>theres one black guy in my sci-fi future fps so i wont play it

Fuck. I loved this game but i'm overseas right now. I just want to play Suez or be part of a walker column on Highway Tampa.

THUMP THUMP THUMP SWOOOSSSHH TRATTRATRATRATRAT

heads up for anyone having problems with alt tabbing
make sure that in the revive launcher settings tab you have marked the show intro movies option
fixed my game from going into unresponsive black screen after alt tab

Are they working on BF1942?

This shit was dead last time I played but will give it another go.

Ive done this so many times. They nerfed cloaked so badly.

1942 already has new servers through Origin.

The game is abandoned. But last time I tried Steam AND Origin downloads would work, but you had to launch it out of the game folder, not the application/client software.

Of course, this is before they updated the client so YMMV.

>Playing a round
>Fuck yes this is just what I remember it being like
>Shitty toaster laptop overheats and dies
I'm about to rip the thing apart and clean it the fuck out, because there's no fucking way I'm not enjoying the opportunity for some 2142 after all these years.

So how do I get this game running on Win7?

Crashes on booting up the game and says Battlefield 2142 stopped working.

Can someone that plays the BF2 or 2142 revive please reply? Do servers use PB?

downloading it atm see you soon niggah

Get yourself a nice desktop user

What's wrong with pb? Someone earlier said it was malware, but does it actually do something or is it just the "any software I don't want is malware" meme?"

I'd imagine it might be a security risk due to not being updated anymore

Just me or is the download stuck atm?

I know it lurks in the background as soon as you start your computer and watches your shit.

>tfw I had to leave the server to get something to eat
We need more servers ASAP. The EU one is full all day.

Kek

I don't think so. I didn't see any pb notifications during the installation and there was no punkbuster running while playing, according to the Task Manager.

It scans your memory and files for known hacks like an AV would. To do this it installs 2 services on your computer that are always running. This is a decent anticheat solution but it's completely useless now because BF2 and 2142 have lost support years ago. It's like running a 10 year old AV and expecting it to find anything. All it can possibly do now is kick legit users for various buggy reasons while doing literally nothing against hackers.

It just drops my faith in the competency of the community running this.

Spend a few minutes refreshing it. 1 out of 64 people have to do shit sometime.

>stale 2016 memes in a 2007 game
Feels weird.

At least it's accurate
:^)

are the download servers dead?
can't download for shit

I imagine they are being slammed right now.

It would be even more weird if it was BF1942 or BF Vietnam. Man I feel old.

setup.exe 50 megs at 50kb per sec fml

I still play Jedi Academy which is from 2003 and full of memers. It's weird as hell.

Plus the support for it is dropping. Only like EA is still using this shit.

yea thats what I thought, my download started now, but still 2 hours to go ;_;

The servers are being pounded by eager players. Earlier this morning it took me 20 minutes to get it.

Man, if Revive put up 1942 (not sure if the Origin edition fixed) and Vietnam in addition to merging with the Revive or whatever it's called for BF3/4 (and they were able to remove the Origin calls there): Oh baby... private servers without EA's bullshit.

do i have to install Server Files sections in their website or just download and play ???

>No SEA server
Feels batman

>2hours 20mins
sure is 2006 internet speeds

>have 15mbp/s download
>can only download with 2

the suffering is real

Shiiiiiieee. Might have to try that out.

I think it's better if they stay clear of games that EA still has servers for. Then it would be outright piracy without any justification.

You don't need the server files.

can someone tell me how the BF Revival team is legal?
I mean yea the servers are down, but can't EA fuck them somehow? It just seems really weird

EA can fuck them at any time.

fug

yea i was thinking that exactly, better play while it stays up, it will not last more than 2 weeks

BUT MUH ABANDONWARE

talk to EA lawyers, all 300 of them

Their BF2 revive has been going for 2 years. Unless this somehow gets really popular and mainstream media attention there's no reason to panic.

>works for me
seriously

anyone reply about punkbusters? do we have to install it or can we skip that shit

ok tank, fellow battlefielder

Hasn't stopped the BF3/4 teams from doing that and making modded maps/servers off EA's stuff.

You basically install those and outside of the EA CD-key (which is what gives me pause about the entire project), it basically runs on it's own without Origin/Battlelog.

is the bf2 revival downloader p2p?
or is it just downloading from one server?
would explain the shitty as hell download speed

now you are imagining harambepussy

you CAN play 1942 again for a long time now
just need to redirect the old mainserver ip in hosts file to a new one
there's always at least one full server too

2 fucking hours left. Fucks sake

reminder there is no legal basis for taking them down

It's their IP, that's all the basis they need to shut this down.

But I doubt they will since they aren't selling the game anymore and have washed their hands of retrofitting Gamespy netcode to a custom netcode for them to resell it.

Hosting BF2 servers? Fine.
Hosting BF2 game files? Fine.
Hosting a BF2 master server? Probably fine.

But their launcher lets people play Battlefield 2 and 2142 without a legit key. I don't think that's okay, it's effectively a crack.

lol, kid. Stay out of conversations you dont understand

> Revive is offering the game for free
> EA wants to sell it again
> EA sues the shit out of them for offering the game for free (piracy)

Okay, "dad" at least understand what you're trying to say before you tell me to shut up.

oh god, just stop while you're behind

never played vanilla bf2 even tho i have played PR and FH2 for hundreds of hours

>500 Internal Server Error

>jaggies

Turn that AA dial up to 8x it's an ancient game.

Well Speck attracts homos.

dude my dad is a cop, I could fuck you up

wat

Lmao, I didn't notice that. They had to mess with the game files to create the current client so apparently the messed with the game tips as well.

nah i remember that being in the original

>INVALID CD-KEY
>"Oh, just use the CD key option in the launcher, that'll fix it"
>INVALID CD-KEY

welp

bumpgian

>BF2142 Server Files
>Coming Soon

It's like they don't want me to host.

Wait, let me google th-
>it actually was in the original
ign.com/faqs/2006/battlefield-2142-in-game-tips-740081

Camp Gibraltar, Suez Canal, Verdun, Fall of Berlin, Cerbere Landing pls pls pls

Down...loading...

I am going to play when I'm home in 8 hours.

bump

That faction is Europe and America. America has always had niggers. Settle down kids.

Pac always been asians and muslims.