Looking to fill up my R4

quick gimme your favorite DS games
I don't care what your taste is just post

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=24nMjEWuFho
youtube.com/watch?v=y3eMjYAOjNo
youtube.com/watch?v=kKqXpfMdNVc
gbatemp.net/threads/r4-stage2-twl-flashcart-launcher-and-perhaps-other-cards-soon™.416434/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>pokemon
>mario
>zelda
>layton
>fire emblem

Trust me.

Kirby Super Star Ultra
If you want a Pokémon game look for hacks that improve the game

Ghost Trick

anything with ace attorney in the title
ghost trick
hotel dusk
last window
advance wars (any)
fire emblem (any)
pokemon (any)
aliens infestation

resident evil deadly silence

Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier

>Pokemon Platinum
>Pokemon Soul Silver/Heart Gold
>Pokemon White/Black and White/Black 2
>Dragon Quest IX
>Dragon Quest Monsters Joker
>Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded
>Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
>Super Mario 64
>Phantasy Star 0
>Chibi Robo Park Patrol

>Dragon Quest 6
>999
>Hotel Dusk
>Ghost Trick
>Final Fantasy Tatctics Advance 2
>Chrono Trigger
>Ace Attorney series
>The World Ends With You
>Castlevania games
>Radiant Historia
>Megami Tensei games, Strange Journey particularly
>Etrian Odyssey games
>FF4 (best version to me)
>Trauma Center games
>some of the english patched games (Tales of Innocence, Soma Bringer, Blood of Bahamut)
>so many many more games I can't remember right now, this is just off the top of my head

The DS has such a good library it'll keep you occupied for years. Also, I sincerely hope you bought a DSTWO instead of an R4 for that sweet sweet GBA emulation

Mario kart
Chrono trigger
Pokemone mystery dungeon
Mario 64 ds
New super mario bros
Mario and luigi partners in time (and other mario rpg games)

This is a really good list. Might actually put some of the missing games on my R4, specially now that I got CFW for 3DS shit and a bigger SD card for the R4.

i started plaing smt: strange journey, it's pretty interesting so far

youtube.com/watch?v=24nMjEWuFho

i don't know what they were thinking with the battle theme though, it's way too grand for a normal fight

nigga I know you did not just disparage SJ's soundtrack in front of me

And then

the soundtrack is pretty baller, but the battle theme is really out of place

>pixie bitch slaps you
>knocker uses bufu
>all while youtube.com/watch?v=y3eMjYAOjNo blares

>try to think of some
>realize I never used my ds to its fullest extent

All I can think of is
>layton
>spirit tracks
>pokemon mystery dungeon
>solatorobo

are you a gril?

All battles feel like a boss battle with that, I kind of liked that.

why would you say that?

The world ends with you
Dragon quest 4-6 and 9
Ghost trick
Devil survivor 1/2 (3ds verion is better though

Mah nigga

TWEWY, Knights in the Nightmare, Megaman ZX (1 is better but Advent is also good), All the Castlevanias specially Order of Eclessia (Portrait of Ruin is really fun as you can control two characters at will), Devil Survivor (2 improves a lot on story and characters and has extremely solid and satisfying combat), Ghost Trick if you want to have a blast son.

threads like this remind me how beastly this console is/was...

Elite Beat Agents and TWEWY, op

>no cory in the house
Cred Forums is full of babbies

Custom robo arena is one of the best games i played, after that comes advanced wars, both are great

It's the best game exclusive to the DS (the IOS port that removed all gameplay doesn't count).

i just prefer normal battles to be a bit lower key, if boss battles had used that song instead i would've been fine with it

then again, i'm the same guy who made it through persona psp and didn't mind youtube.com/watch?v=kKqXpfMdNVc , so what do i know

>solatorobo

Nice.

Play Inazuma Eleven for some SUPERDIMENSIONAL SOCCER.

Chinatown Wars

Where do you even buy a good r4 these days?
Or hell, an EZ Flash IV?

It grows on you, especially since even normal encounters can wipe out your party pretty frequently when you first arrive at new sectors or floors. It makes each encounter feel like an ordeal, especially when you're encountering unknown enemies or rushing to a heal spot and absolutely cannot get into any more fights. Except all the other times when you're decked out with awesome shit and can just auto-battle through everything, then it gets kind of grating

Henry Hatsworth
Chrono Trigger
Pokemon
New Golden Sun but only if you played the old ones
Prof. Layton
Ace Attorney

Rocket Slime babyyy

Henry Hatsworth in the puzzling adventure
Mario and Luigi - Bowser's inside story

Is the R4-Infinity-2015-DUAL-CORE any good? What card should I be getting? I have 2 shitty old DS, a 3DS (I don't want to chance this one breaking), and a 2DS.

spoony?

thank you for your input
any and all suggestions are highly appreciated

I bought a R4i Gold for like $15 on nds-card and I have no problems running anything on my 3DS.

Nothing comes close to this

np fampai, have fun

oh wait, this is that one indian basket weaving BBS board

Okaeri! Chibi-Robo! Happy Richie Ōsōji!
This is my DS goty.

Apparently they had to cut a lot of content and lower the detail of empire ships because the cartridge size was too small.
I think the hiveminds were supposed to have a bigger dedicated story arc or something.

Looks good. Loved the gamecube chibi robo. What did you think about Park Patrol?

With that one I can just put DS and 3DS roms onto my current 32GB sd card and then the cart with my sd card will just work? Do I need to turn off my 2DS wifi or make sure it's an older version of the 3DS update, or jailbreak my 2DS? I just don't want to buy one and find out I can't use it with my system for some reason.

That one is for DS roms only, and you just put the roms on your SD card, put it on the cart and just put it on your console like a normal game and run it. For 3DS it's easier to install a custom firmware and just pirate everything easily, that is if you're still in a version that allows the execution of exploits to downgrade and install the CFW. A 3DS flashcart is way too expensive and has some problems.

Phantasy Star 0, especially if you got friends to play with

What do I get if I want to play DS AND gb/gba ROMs on my DS? does it have save states?

Alright, I'm fine with a DS only one mainly because it seems like it'd be cheaper than buying some games legally (like 999). Could I just dump 100s of games on my SD card and it'll give me a list, or is it one of the limited kinds?

Also, this seems kind of obvious but the R4i gold can be used on DSlites and DSis, not just 2DS and 3DS, right?

Can I update a card to make it run on 3ds?
I only have the original model

Haven't palyed any chibirobo games. This was my first one. But the gameplay was addicting as hell and exploration was fun.

Big bang mini
Hotel Dusk
Contact

Yup, it should work with everything. I'm running the latest update with CFW on my N3DS and I can use it with no issues, so older things like DSL should be completely fine.

To run it you literally just put the SD card on your computer, dump a shitton of roms inside it, put it back into the flashcart, put the cart on the console, and when you boot it you'll get a list of all of the roms you have on the SD, and then you just play anything you want.

Sure it's just a button masher but it's one of the most unique and just plain fun games I've played

I wonder why grand prix didn't have download play

Thanks, for $16 it's cheap enough that I'll just order one. Do you not need to update the cart at all since it just runs older games? I use the internet on my own little laptop at the library so I can get my sd card full of roms in advance and then just put that card in the cart when it arrives, yeah? Having to update the cart before using it isn't a dealbreaker, I just want to make sure I don't fuck it up or not know what I'm doing when I get it.

It is now possible to use some of the older DS cards if you have a hacked 3ds.
See gbatemp.net/threads/r4-stage2-twl-flashcart-launcher-and-perhaps-other-cards-soon™.416434/

Hey all the worldbuilding they did was a very nice touch.

Nah, the only thing you may need to do is download the latest firmware from their website which they have a link for, but it should already be on the SD card if you choose to buy it with one. The latest version is from like 2 years ago anyway, so it's not like you need to keep updating it. Just download once, throw everything into the SD and then throw all of the roms there too.

oh yes, transitioning into act 2 and having the boundaries of your understanding of it blown apart was fantastic as well

They really put their hearts and souls into it
Strelka stories never...

I didn't expect the insert disc 2. Was kind of amusing.

Really? Nobody's said Rune Factory 3?

OP I have shit taste sorry

But if you have shit taste too you'll enjoy these

In this order:
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney Justice for All
Ace Attorney Trials & Tribulations
Ace Attorney Investigations
Ace Attorney Investigations 2
Ace Attorney Apollo Justice

In any order:
Ghost Trick
Rhythm Heaven
Professor Layton and the Curious Village (all others are shit)
Hotel Dusk
The World Ens With You

I don't think there's anything else worth playing in the DS

>pokemon
>twewy
>ghost trick
>phantom hourglass
>Tales of Innocence
I like these, not in this particular order

>Professor Layton and the Curious Village (all others are shit)
Now that's just wrong

This series was so fucking crazy it gave me a seizure

Curious Village has the most actual logical puzzles. Other games are spammed with shitty puzzles with sliding pieces and the like.

Solatorobo
Megaman Star Force 1 and 3
Megaman ZX and ZX Advent
Megaman Battle Network 5 Double Team DS
Mario Kart DS
Metroid Prime Hunters

>Tomodachi Collection
>Retro Games Challenge 2
>Taiko no Tatsujin Dororon Yokai Daikessen
basically weeb shit

Dementium: The Ward
Dementium 2, but you'll need venom's crack, otherwise it won't work.