Yay my 1070 came

Yay my 1070 came

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Er_Fuz54U0Y
wccftech.com/fallout-4-performance-heavily-influenced-by-ram-speed-according-to-report/
ylilauta.org/satunnainen/57108953
pcpartpicker.com/list/Jjmgnn
youtube.com/watch?v=YGv2euM8AEg
youtube.com/watch?v=4N3N1MlvVc4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

wait...

k

why would you open it in the post office.

>signing for damaged shit

This cant be real

Looks a tad dinged up, user.

F

why would someone possibly open a damaged package in the post office, hmmm?

:(

Prolly he works there and the card was turned in.

Send it back and have them send you a replacement. Sucks, but not that hard.

I love reddit

why would you open a damaged package?

>he opened it
Good job idiot now you can't threaten to sue the shipper.

its a new ergonomic design dumbass

u fags will find any reason to hate on nvidia

Works on my machine

Is this the true power of retardation?

Iha hyvältä näyttää. Posti ei korvaa.

how do you even bend it like that?
did they accidentaly dropped it in an industrial press?

that's how Gaben signs stuff

No problem

Get an iron, warm up the bent part of the card and slowly wiggle it
A ruler will help keep it straighter but you wont see it in a pc case.

that's just the new aerodynamic design, dude

pretty cool, huh?

Wow can you please fuck off?
When I ordered it it was just fine.
Sounds to me like it's your fault. Stop blaming the developer for your problems, god.

>reverse image search yeilds no results
Fuckin' LOL

that's a sick chair. Looks so fucking comfy.

He also documented himself opening it

no this is the true power of my dick in your mom.

enjoy your 3.5GB RAM FAGGOT
hahahahaha

Undercooked toast

What the fuck, what country do you live in? In the US there's zero penalty to opening a damaged package. you just send a photo, or in many cases just a verbal description, and there's no fuss. instant refund. I've received/shipped thousands of packages - I know.

That's the 970, you idiot

>1070
>3.5
???

>suing the shipper
People don't do that in Finland. You just inform the shipper about what's happened and they'll get you a new card.

>work at UPS
>mfw this kind of thing happens all the time

NVIDIA
V
I
D
I
A

No problem, put it in the oven at 200°C for 30min and it will be fine.

>sue the shipper

Wat? You just send it back and they send you a new one.

europoors. if you open it its now your problem since you broke the packing seals.

typical dumb sonnigger can't tell the difference between a 9 and 10

This.
Recently opened and tested a sound system I got in the mail. Didn't work so I shipped it back and got a refund.

How the hell would I have known it was damaged UNLESS I opened it?

Well that sucks.

JUST

>sue the shipper

oh amerilards

How? What is sturdiest thing you've ever seen fucked up.

FUCK

This is not correct at all.

The one thing that the US actually has over Europoors is consumer satisfaction. We can return anything.

Not true. If you have evidence of the product being broken on arrival you're elligble for a full refund. Not to mention you can return it after 2 weeks anyway even if you used it.

MY

WIFE

ASS

LIFE

You don't know shit. Anything ordered by phone or internet has a 14 day return period for no extra costs.
Everything has a guarantee that if the product doesn't work, they'll get you a new one. Or a refund if you so prefer.

WITH

I guess this is what buying directly inside an Incredible Universe is for; not having to deal with shipping damage.

>How?

All the packages come down chutes to be put into semi-trucks. The packages get backed up and fall off. Small package falls off then a bigger one falls on it. Or it could have been crushed between two larger packages.

And most sturdy stuff never gets fucked up cause it's super heavy in the first place and doesn't go onto the chutes. It gets pushed via it's own cart into the trucks

this is why I prefer to buy them in the store

kivat setit

OwO

Plug that fucker in, I'm sure it still works.

>jimms

>tfw worked in a delivery company for some time sorting packages
>tfw seeing how some people treat packages there, even though it says "fragile" on it

People also send bees through it, and one time some retard basically threw it around and someone got stung, he was also allergic

dat shoeprint tho

MEMES

>bees

For what possible reason?

So just turn it on?

How can a block of steel bent to the same shape as shitty fucking paper? I call bullshit

heres a F

F

Not like there's a beekeeping superstore you can just go to and buy bees at if you decide you wanna start harvesting your own honey.

>a block of steel

F

>60hz
yeah, rip

I've worked at UPS before, your package probably fell off a shelf then got smashed by some old ladies hundred pound rug. Reminder it's always the loaders fault and not the driver delivering the package if the box looks fucked up.

>video card is a block of steel

It looks like negro who got curbstomped by a Neo Nazi

Sure feels good being bottlenecked by your cpu hey dude

SAMI L GO OUTSIDE

The hardest metal known to Man.

F

Thank you affirmative action.

to send out to bee farms, i work at ups and we regularly get these or the plastic variety coming through, theyre sedated with like sugar or something inside the crate and theres usually clingers on the outside trying to get back in

such horseshit

SUOMISUOMISUOMI
U
O
M
I

Works on my system.

Novideo btfo

what a retarded rig lmao

Maybe you should have bought it instead of pirating it, mine works fine.

either you bought 2133mhz ram like a retard or you forgot to activate xmp like a retard.
retard.

>spend money on a 1yb SSD
>have a CPU at 3 GHz
>running SLI for a standard 1080 60
im no computer wizz but this is weird.

its a 4k monitor but still retarded

No point buying any higher RAM, you won't notice the difference. Enjoy wasting money for nothing.

>unironically beekeeping

literally the niggers of birds

We sharing specs?

>bees
>birds

youtube.com/watch?v=Er_Fuz54U0Y

wccftech.com/fallout-4-performance-heavily-influenced-by-ram-speed-according-to-report/

why is your ram single channel?

beats working at mcdonalds for a living

Ya dun goofed, kid. In that situation, you refuse to accept the delivery.

It's a single bar of ram, because I'm a lazy faggot.
>caring about memelout 4

Ouch what did I ever do to you?

taken too soon

How about you watch the video.

Nah fuck off.

fucking hell

>Fallout 4

Literally only Todd cares.

F

Buuuuuuuullshit. in Europe you have 2 weeks to return something. If a package is shipped damaged you are 100% entitled to a refund.

Lol your loss fuckhead.

>single channel

who cucked you on that prebuilt?

or you just retarded?

either way lmfao

It does the job family

I would have a single 144hz monitor but ah well

I'm so sorry OP

Caught in a freight door. I've seen this happen more than once.

>US
>consumer satisfaction

No?
Stop being retarded

Did you get any free games with it? promotions etc

>windows 10
>more than 8gb of ram

HELLOOOOOOO REDDIT!!

>only 3 ghz i7
>single channel ram
>dual 980tis

Should I get GTX 1070 if I'm only gonna play games at 1080p and have a 60hz monitor? Or should I get a GTX 1060 instead?

Would playing on a 60hz monitor cause screen tearing if I get a 1070?

This is NOT fine

1060 will be enough

Who thought this design was a good idea?

FUCKING RETARDED FINNS

YOU MONGOLS CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT GOD DAMN

>has enough money for a 1070
>can't afford a proper 144hz screen
What the fuck is your problem

R8 & H8

>16gb on a single channel
I WANT THE POWER! BUT I LIKE BOTTLENECKING!

Original post.

And yes in Finland you have to open up the package even if you have visible damage on the outside, there are reclamation papers for this kind of thing inside.

Yeah why the fuck does her butt open on Christmas

Forgot link.

ylilauta.org/satunnainen/57108953

poorfag/10

that's a 8 core cpu you fucking retards

it's not going to bottleneck anything, but games sure won't use those 8 cores for shit either.

I only have enough for a 1070 with a 60hz monitor. Or a weaker card with a better monitor. I don't have enough money I gotta eat

Do we actually know if the 1070 doesn't have a similar divided VRAM pool, though? Can you say with certainty that NVIDIA hasn't lied about something?

You want to have that 144hz

Your eyes will thank you

>four (4) HDDs
>not a one of them is an SSD

>Win10 Pro
>no optical disk drives detected

Unless proven otherwise, it is as it is marketed.

Plus NVIDIA wouldn't risk getting exposed twice in a row, that'll prove clear malicious intent and gonna hit their image hard.

Yes we know its a 8 core cpu but with rather not so good single core performance, which is important for video games.

>@59Hz

How did you not immediately tell the post office to fuck off and replace your item?

Don't get me wrong, I realize the person you talk to isn't the one who damaged the package, but there is no way in hell I would have touched that package without photo ID and an official hand written statement from the highest person in charge at the post office saying that shit was fucked from the word go.

But its only 3 ghz per core
Plus
>single channel ram
Explain

All he has to do is overclock it though.

Take a look at guru3d's gtx 1080 benchmark, they use the same CPU @ 4.4ghz for all 8 cores.

It turns into a fucking beast.

>using an nvidia card

LOL

Torilla tavataan

>amdcuck still mad about poos not making anything worth anyone's money

>optical disc drive
>in the year 2000+16

Just because the outside box was fucked doesn't mean the card inside would be fucked, however in this case it was, indeed, quite fucked.

>nvidia
>worth anyone's money

i wipe my ass with NIGGERvidia
fuck bitch

SHIT! FUCK! DICK IN YO MOUTH!

Put me in the screenshot too.

don't worry im here getting 120 fps on my 120hz monitor playing Witcher 3 and whatever the fuck I like

I know it's not really necessary but damn, whats the point of NOT having one? I've had many times where I was rummaging through the garage and found an old PC game disc that I wanted to install. Warcraft 3 and Deus Ex comes to mind.

Hence why you get a written statement from someone at the post office, and a picture of the box before you touch the damn thing.

The minute you open the box up without those things is the minute the any company that put their hands on your package can tell you to fuck off and blame you for the damage as oppose to compensating you.

Optical means light and light speed is the fastest thing there is.

Shut the fuck up you stupid google skype

Actually have one. I don't know why the program does not detect it.

literaly what is the difference between a 60hz monitor and a 120hz monitor?

How do you know OP didn't do exactly that though? He probably opened it up in front of the post peeps and had them return it.

That is a good point, but I believe NVIDIA has goofed before the 970.

placebo effect

GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE !!!

You get to see twice as much frames per second if your GPU is strong enough

user, it's one of the things in life you have to try to see what the difference is. The jump from 60hz to 144hz was as big of a difference as 30 to 60 fps for me.

>he was never taught about the birds and the bees

JESUS SHIT! YOU SON OF A BITCH!

literally twice the refresh-rate, which results in smoother motions in whatever you do.

Less screen tearing, I believe. Games run at 60fps, while a 60hz screen refreshes 60 times a second. If the game and screen are out of sink, you get tearing. This is less likely to happen with a faster screen.

>playing 120fps
>120hz
>240 fps
>human eye cant even see that many frames

so waste of money then?

Suck my dick because I'm Saint Nick.

i was trying to tell you that there's a difference, there's no need for you to reply with bait like that

>1080
>1080p @60hz monitor

Why.

Since we're on the subject of monitors?

TN or IPS?
Is Freesync/Gsync a meme?

Why do all these mmo mouse use laser instead of optical?

How much anime you got on those senpai?

Games still depends on single core performance. So try at least to get it close to 3.8, if not, then 3.4

>Less screen tearing
Since I got my 144hz LED I haven't seen a single game with screentearing, even when the fps dropped to sub-50.

If somebody wants to call something a useless gimmick they should take a close look at GSYNC, because THAT's a fucking waste of money.

IPS is great

FreeSync and Gsync only if you want adaptive vsync. You'd also have to have the corresponding gpu for those, for AMD for FS and nvidia obviously for Gsync

imo not worth it

>you can't see past 30fps maymay
But you can. You can tell the difference between 30, 60, and 120 frames. Or are you just a poorfag bitching because you can afford a nice monitor?

Reported.

Good eye.
The 500 one is for OS and games.
The others are already full.

>GSYNC
>useless gimmick

Fucking retard

whats wrong with that?

If you want sanic speed screen get TN if you want pretty colours go IPS.

And Freesync/Gsync is only really worth it if your system keeps jumping between high and low fps.

Enjoy your overpriced junk.

You got a rare one.
Luckyyyyyyy

1080p is fine, but 60hz is garbage

>cant prove him wrong

That's why it's called the gtx 1080 you goof.

Don't see the problem here, just got gimped ahead of time.

daddys present

So I shouldn't need to worry about freesync/gsync if I get a 1080?

Aren't there IPS that can go "sanic speed"?

You have a GPU that is capable of pumping out above 120 fps with 1080p yet your screen refresh rate is stuck at 60. Should've gotten a 1080p screen that can handle 144hz mate. Waste of money to have a 1080 GTX on a screen like that.

I worked for fedex and everything he said is true and also we had to fucking hustle those packages in. When you need 400 packages scanned and stacked in a truck per hour you don't give a fuck if it says fragile. Everything says fragile.

Even then the people aren't to blame for damage 95% of the time, it's the chutes and other packages crushing the shit out of it.

If you ever have to ship something, imagine it being crushed between two boxes of ammunition with more piling up behind it and if it can't handle that, package it better until it can because that is exactly what will happen to your package.

Daddies cummies in her tummies on Christmas.

Epic.

so? just lock your fps at 60 then

At least this won't happen to pvc figures.

They came in good boxes.

7950->1080
Should I? Rest of PC is an i5 3570k/8 gigs of ram/I think a 650w psu

IPS panels are notorious for having slower pixel reaction times compared to TN panels. your average TN panel will have a reaction time of 4ms whiles, good TN screens teach 1ms. In contract, the average IPS panel has 8ms reaction time and the best (and very expensive) IPS panels are stuck at 4ms. It's a limitation of the tech. So you have to make a choice user. Do I want a fast screen or a pretty screen?

He proved himself wrong by not knowing what FS and GSYNC is just like you stupid dip.

Then what's the point of buying a 1080GTX in the first place if you lock at 60? A 1060GTX wouldve suited you just fine and saved you over 300 bucks.

>sue the shipper

You're supposed to contact the seller and they either send you a new one or refund you. Don't be a fat mouth-breather, user.

t. nvidia marketer

lel

Yeah, nice rebuttal fanboy really showed him.

>good TN is 1ms
>good IPS is 4ms

Does it really make that big of a difference in gaming?

>G-SYNC's revolutionary smoothness is achieved by synchronizing display refresh rates to the GPU in your GeForce GTX-powered desktop or notebook, eliminating screen tearing and minimizing display stutter and input lag
None of which even fucking matters when you already have a 144hz monitor.

Are you this stupid on purpose?

curved monitors curved cards

what will they think of next

AP tunnistettu, kantsisko poistaa?

>really showed *him*
>pretending to be another person

same thing happen with my i7 but the cpu inside was fine.

OP here. I put it in and it's fucking up the ergonomics of my rig. I also had to take off the fan from my CPU to fit it in at that angle. Everything will be fine won't it?

Fire it up.

12 year old detected

>1070

ya dun goofed OP

NOOOOOOOOOOO

Well at least my mom isn't a whore.

F

just replace it you dumb idiot. it is not going to work.

I did. Now my house is on fire. Thanks Obama

Just blow on the CPU if it gets too hot and you'll be fine

not true
in my country you're supposed to open the package in the presence of the delivery dude in case something's wrong with it. if it is, you send it back

lmao nice asspain, fanboy, but OP has yet to blame anyone for this

Nope. A Dutch friend of mine order a cellphone that he received broken and while they took forever to ship him a new one they did accept it being opened.

HAPPENING

>When I ordered it it was just fine.
So let me get this right and please correct me if I'm wrong but you think just because you've received your package fine that means it's the OP's fault that his package was damaged?

I heard it was a flexible card for games, but this is ridicolus

are we?

I just swapped my r9 390 for a 1060 and it's running a bit faster and MUCH quieter and cooler
I play at 1080p and I can max pretty much anything at 60fps as long as I don't turn on hairworks

Not true. In Germany there is a 2 weeks time where you can return the goods if it is broken, regardless if you opened it or not

Not that guy but I've never had problem with Jimms.

Problems happen when Itella fucks things up with delivering the package which is all the time. Packages are late 96% of time.
It takes much less time to order pc parts from germany and use ups than ordering something within finland.

Might as well, I need a new monitor.

Jesus, that hurts.

>as long as I don't turn on hairworks
Will they ever fix this shit? Should it ever be fixed?

The description under Hairworks should be "Only turn ON if you want to rape your frames"

Are we?
getting a m.2 soon for muh games

no

>ATI card

only decent rigs in this whole thread, congratulations

This must be the work of an enemy stando

Not saying I believe that retard, but that is the dumbest policy ever.

Most packages are insured. Probably was easily replaced.

Not him but it's really not. Packages are bent sometimes but the item inside would sometimes be fine. They are just making sure that the item/items inside the package are actually nonfunctional or unusable.

The receiver probably also got a note from the shipper accepting what happened. It's like getting a letter notarized.

You can register Warcraft 3 on Blizzards website and download the installers from there retard.

Why would I need to download it when I can just put the disc in the drive and install it?

>Everything says fragile.

Other fedex handler here. I once saw a FUCKING STEEL TOOLBOX labeled fragile. There's zero regulation on what a fragile sticker gets slapped onto. Between that and how rushed we are to get shit put in their place, the only labels we give a shit about are weight notice or hazmat labels.

That said, at my station the chutes are pretty gentle. Stuff either comes out of the inbound trucks damaged, and only rarely does something on a belt get t-boned by an eighty-pound box coming down a chute. I try to be careful with that when I work the splits, but shit happens when the belts are loaded and there's no time to wait for a gap.

Delivery guys are suppose to record whether the packaging is in good condition anyways. Besides that, is everyone that orders a package always available to receive it?

Because it's a primitive stone age technology, grandpa. And it would proably take you about the same time to download and install it.

>mfw this has never happened to any of my consoles

lol pc master race

>out of sink
yeah just gonna go sinkronise my screen you fucking ape

Same here but I always order next day delivery on things like this.

I work at UPS and i dont care if it says fragile or shit, I have to move 200+ boxes an hour into 4 different trucks. The supervisors dont care, the managers dont care, and if you do care you'll be fired for being too slow since half of the boxes say fragile even if they aren't. They only really care about misloads (putting a package on the wrong truck)

He did take several pictures. They are in the thread if you didn't notice. He also opened it in the post office.

Rate. Thinking on upgrading my CPU.

In America, you can literally return a carton of milk to a grocery store you didn't even buy it from and get your money back after you drank it all.

You can buy a PS4, strip all the internals out, and take the shell back to where you got it and say it was like that when you bought it and they legally HAVE to take it and give your money back.

>not putting your games and monitor in the sink

Smaller private joint in straya here.
If it don't fit but we don't have the room to hold for the next truck, we make it fit.

I'd advise the brand switch for sole merit, maybe the 1070 though, what's your monitor's resolution and refresh rate? Those are your primary considerations when buying a GPU.

>i5 3570k
My nigga.
I'm so happy with mine. I'm selling my PC on to a family member so I'll have to build an entire new rig. Which includes a new CPU. I'll probably get an i7 because I may as well for a fresh rig but I'd be happy to just stay with my 3570k.

Transferring GPU to pcpartpicker.com/list/Jjmgnn soon.

Sounds like you live in a welfare state.

European. Not Dutch

I worked in a customer service call center for six months for a couple online stores and the most common calls were people who got their package from UPS and it was completely destroyed. I had one case when I looked up the UPS log where they had logged that the package of 3000 beads was completely destroyed and beads were all over the truck but they delivered the two beads that were still in the package anyways.

Returns policies are dictated by national rules put forth by the FTC.

ahh the shipping meme

i love it

op decided 2 get it shipped instead of walking 20 min to get it

fools like op never realize that the mail service was originally created for letters and not £400 parcels

Inb4 >why so much ram

Sometimes my work requires the use of a ramdisk.

Woops posted an old one.
Here's a newer specs.

>the package of 3000 beads was completely destroyed and beads were all over the truck but they delivered the two beads that were still in the package anyways
Not sure if I should be amazed by the dedication or the retardation

>they delivered the two beads that were still in the package anyways
Fucking hilarious. Gotta deliver the package, no matter what!

It works for me

UPS, I'm USPS.

Do you have a set schedule and benefits at your current stage? I didn't

So is a 1060 good with a 60hz monitor or should I really get a 120hz monitor?

I just play on one monitor, on 1080p.

That's just not true. They enforce refund policies to protect the consumer in things like false advertisement. But overall refund policies are decided by the company or state. There are a lot of merchants that don't accept refunds.

meh..

Probably just tired old veterans.
The first time Jimmy the new kid fucked up packing in the back, Tony the delivery driver was bending over backwards apologizing to the Jones family that their grandparent's priceless crystal set now resembles very transparent gravel.

But it kept happening.
He's seen so much shit. Delivered more.
Eventually it became easier to not even look at what was in his hands. Handing it over and accepting the customer's signature without displaying any emotion.

Tony killed himself eventually, put a cardboard box over his head; slapped some "FRAGILE" stickers on it and then laid down and had the roller door squash it like a melon.

Welcome to the gig Benny, of all the applicants we've selected you to be our newest delivery driver.

>walking 20 min
If I wanted to buy something from the same store OP ordered his stuff from I would have to drive 476 km.

Why is FedEx so much worse than UPS? Genuine question. I order shit all the time, 9.9/10 times UPS delivers it perfectly with no issues and no damage, but FedEx is like 3/10 "perfect" at best, and perfect is in quotations because their best still leaves scratches and shit on the box. Routinely it's smashed to fuck, and rarely the package gets lost completely.

I just don't get the drastic difference in quality.

In general it should be yeah. My 960 is 50-60fps on nearly everything almost maxed on a 1200p display.

>tfw have a microcenter 20 minutes away

That's what you get for using Posti instead of Matkahuolto you turbofag.

I don't understand why my CPU is always so hot. It's on the same radiator as GPU and yet GPU is all cozy and cool.

Fucken OP posting finnish content. Stop steling our culture

>tfw have a microcenter 10 minutes away

they are building fast food right next to it

smashburger?

That really depends on a case.
I once bought online a notebook bag, and picked it up at local shop centre. But it didn't fit me at all, the bag desing was retarded, so I went back and they refunded it.
The guy in shop tried to argue that I bought it there, and tried to fuck me over. I told him I bought it on-line, and only picked up at shop. Got my money back a bought booze.

Thats what you get for getting a laptop fagger

i'm playing a game right now

What game? Half Life 1?

It still shouldn't reach that familia.

dark souls 2

Depends on the station and what you're ordering. Every day mine goes through usually 8k-12k and I only see around five damages.

Repacks are another story, they largely depend on how well the sender packed it. Every day there's 5-10 boxes from the same place that contain these truck hitches similar to what you see here. They're just packed by themselves in a box that's too big for them. Just by sliding around the edges break through and it's off to repacks because whoever sends them is too cheap for packing peanuts or even fucking bubblewrap.

chick fil a and some other stuff ive never been to.

Hug me guys, my gfx card died.

My 750 ti doesnt get that hot playing DS2 on ultra wtf m80

I work as a dispatch planner at a Finnish corp and I can tell you with confidence that Posti (former Itella) is the butt of jokes among logibros throughout the country. Whether it's freight or package shipments, they're fucking shit tier, and this is why. They employ outsourced labor who work below living wage and consist of niggers, slavs and other garbage. Never use them if you have a choice.

I've worked for some time at a logistics terminal and I can already tell what happened to this thing. Abdi the part-time package sorter tossed it in a bunch from where it feel to the ground while Dmitry the forklift jockey lowered a pallet on it. They looked at each other in dull confusion for a fraction of a second and got back to their work, because if you seem like slacking you're out and the next one from the ten-mile long line of desperate worker takes your place. From there on everyone who saw that package knew better than to even touch it with a ten foot stick.

>Still haven't gotten my package from USPS

oh well

i've been wanting to get a new card anyway, so i don't really care what happens to this one

>Literally have to cross the country in-order to pick up a package from a store if I don't want them to ship it.
Most el-shops here don't carry computer parts or video games here anymore, unless you go to fucking gamestop or you live in the capital, and who the fuck would want to live in the peoples caliphate of Somali-Iraqistan?

>tfw just got a new mobo and CPU
>but still have a 6670HD
priorities, huh

My 750ti is way shittier than your 660 so thats cray cray bay bay
Also upgrading in a few months to a 1060 t b h waiting for that black Friday t b h f a m

F

>working at Amazon
>tons of lazy niggs working with me, some coworkerd are decent
>regularly see GPUs and other expensive things getting shipped without being packed
>literally just the box the card comes in with a shipping label slapped on it
>follow the card along the belt out of curiosity
>everything goes smoothly until it hits the spot where it needs to be put into a gaylord or pallet
>guy who is in charge of that tosses it hard into a gaylord
>pretty sure it broke
>this happened at least seven times an hour

And I never ordered from there again

They would have crushed it up against something while loading a freight cage onto a truck with a forklift. Happens multiple times a day, everyday at any sort of sizable freight depot.

>t. the guy who has to deal with these idiots.

Nova, mene jo nukkumaan.

>Buying MSI

do you not understand how money works? he probly has enough money for the 144hz screen and the 1060 or the 1070 and a 60 hz screen but not both.

Goddamn, I'm stronger than I thought. And here I thought covering my food in foil was so easy.

Is the 1070 overkill for 1080p/60fps? It's always described as a "1440p" card. But the 1060 can't even get 60fps on all games on ultra, so that's a problem.

Don't think you can sell it for parts user. Shouldn't try to steal it just because it's broken beyond repair.

>Is the 1070 overkill
I guess you could say OP's 1070 was overkill, yeah.

the human eye can interpret up to 150 frames per second, so while it's not the difference from unplayable to playable, there is a noticable difference.

Please answer the question, you god damn memer.

Even if it's overkill now it won't be in a year

More than likely he sent it back and will receive another one in a few days for no further cost to him.

Really? The 1070 will only last that long? Fuck.

If it's only on a 1920x1080 monitor yeah it's definitely overkill assuming OP isn't thinking about upgrading to a new monitor soon. I'm sure he is though.

If you believe that shit then you don't know anything about computers. 1070 will last you at least two to three years without even having to think about upgrading it.

This: Look at the GTX 1080 running Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Struggles to keep a locked 60 at 1080p max settings. It's a god damn joke. These fucking cunt developers take the latest GPU, and run it through the fucking mud just to justify people upgrading hardware.

Get a 1070, but be prepared to never play at 1080p/60fps for all future games at max settings. Because they will be dragging that card down to justify the new hot shit to buy.

The real patrician way of PC gaming is acknowledging that half those settings that constitute "max" settings are all bullshit and need to be toggled off. You can improve the visuals over console versions massively through the use of texture filtering, increased draw distance and LOD quality, and other things, but it's those bullshit settings that absolutely obliterate performance that you need to ignore. Don't be a cuck for the "MAXIMUM GRAPHICS SETTINGS" meme. Just be smart, see which settings impact the visuals and performance the most, and optimize. In that sense, a 1070 will last you 3-5 years if you're smart, making the next upgrade an incredible one when it comes. I'm still on a 970 and enjoying all games today with far better than console graphics and great performance. Just be smart Google.

>Look at the GTX 1080 running Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Struggles to keep a locked 60 at 1080p max settings

That's because Mankind Divided is horribly unoptimized and this has been stated many times on Cred Forums.

not bad
i'd move up to a nice 1440p IPS monitor but that's just me

Logical Increments say 1070 is the best bang for your buck, then again I don't know anything about PCs (this is my first build) and they could just be jewing

They promote reasonable thinking and most of their soft recommendations are good. They do pull wool over your eyes regarding how much better it might be to get the previous cycle's hardware though.

I'm probably going from 960 to 1070 soon. Finally say goodnight to this majestic Dell 1200p from before the time of HDMI and move to a 1440p.

>Logical Increments say 1070 is the best bang for your buck
It is. Now that the GTX 1080 is out the prices for the 1070 is, obviously, dropping into a decent price range.

What is "horribly unoptimized"? Durante made an excellent article about this subject and TLDR - "optimization" is a buzzword for people who can't cope with the fact that some games are built without the same performance expectations in mind. To the Arma developers, playing at 20-30 fps is acceptable. To you or me, it's "garbage optimization." ACTUAL optimization is when code is running awfully and needs to be rewritten to stop wasting cycles.

What you're seeing with games like Mankind Divided, is a difference of opinion on what the latest hardware should be able to do. Instead of taking advantage of that bonus horsepower to allow for say, 4k/60fps at "max" settings, no, these cunts instead opt to abuse and rape the GTX 1080 (or whatever the latest and greatest is at the time of release) and drag it down at 1080p/60 fps targets. This is their target. And it's a colossal waste of resources.

Like I said, the smart thing to do is go through the graphics settings and determine which ones are the "bullshit" ones. The ones that cost a shitload of performance and give back nothing in return. These are the settings that got shoehorned into the game just for the sake of bringing the latest hardware down, in turn to justify new hardware sales for the OEMs. See that "The way it's meant to be played" or "AMD Gaming Evolved" logo in the beginning of the game's boot? Yeah, that's a clear indication that one or both of the hardware OEMs have their hand in sabotaging the graphics settings of the game somewhere along the lines, in hopes of making you buy the newest GPU. Intel used to do the same thing years ago, but thanks to the console crash we haven't seen it in a long time. No way to spin needing a 6700k for a game that runs on a fucking low powered laptop AMD chip.

>"AMD Gaming Evolved"
>AMD tosses the publishers enough shekels to slap their logo on the cover
>NVIDIA purposefully chooses to delay driver support for a couple of months
>it still runs better on NVIDIA cards

1440p is too advanced and futuristic for me.

I think I'll stay do 1080p60fps with 1070. Btw does the 1070 cause screen tearing with a 60hz monitor?

You're spot on. And I wasn't doubting anything you stated when I replied to you I was just stating that Mankind Divided is terribly unoptimized, whether on purpose or otherwise is irrelevant because it still runs like shit when a 1070 should be able to easily run it on max and get 60 fps at a 1080p resolution.

Tearing is not related to the GPU.

>Btw does the 1070 cause screen tearing with a 60hz monitor?
Shouldn't.

Put in a bag of rice for 24 hours

Well okay, it IS related to the GPU but what I meant to say is, you can have tearing regardless of the GPU you use.

>1080p 60FPS
>1070

The 1070 is a 1080p 144hz card m8. It is an absolute waste of money to go 60hz with it.

He's not asking that though, he's asking if there will be screen tearing and the only answer you should give is: No.

I don't know senpai, I said I'd be getting it soon.
Screen tearing and ways around it are a topic independent of your card and monitor, they just supply the boundries for it.

If your software is trying to push framerate higher than your monitor's refresh rate then you will get some screen tearing. Some software has FPS limiters that help with this.
Vsync can be slapped on any software which changes how the card spits out frames, it locks you to a max framerate that fits your refresh rate.
The problem with Vsync is that if you dip under your refresh rate you will be hit far harder than otherwise. Triple-buffering helps but puts more work on your card.

Newer "gaymen" monitors are moving to freesync which manages to solve both problems.

The prices on those 144hz monitors tho

>all that AMD tech
I genuinely wish I could slap your face.

Who /poorfag/ here?

>i have $900s worth of plastic and paper coming from findland soon

Plug it in

>GT 630
Hey! I need a new toaster for my poptarts!

The cheapest one I'm seeing is 250€ which really isn't a lot for a high refresh rate monitor in my opinion.

Why didn't the OP post the graphics card out of the wrapping?

Fake.

Don't qualify, your CPU/mobo is respectably new despite the terrible display.

It was the cheapest stuff at the time and I'm still kicking myself for being such a jew.

I want to buy the 1070 but I won't have enough for a 144hz monitor. Fuck my poor life

I should have researched my mobo more, it only takes SATA for drives and I got 8 or so 500+ GB IDE drives.

Holy fuck, thats some crowbar to the skull worthy shit right there.

>has 500 for 1070, doesnt have extra 250 for 144Hz

How does that happen

literal jimms

no set schedule, my supervisor tell me when to go in at the end my shift, but i get benefits after a year of being there

Because I want a 30" 4k IPS monitor, but I can't afford it since I bought a PC for 2k

By only having 500 total to spare

I hope one of these anons working there sees your parcel and does to the deed just for the fuck of it.

JUST A PRANK BRO!

Fuckchrist really?
At least they should spit out four or so.
Mine is pretty old and mediocre but it has two 6Gb/s and four 3Gb/s SATA connections.
Is your board advertised for its tiny size at all?

It's Posti again - they dropped the dumb rebrand name

Wait a week

For what purpose? You can literally see the card through the wrap, its fucked. It looks like someone ran a car over it.

Because the CPU and the rest of the parts will add up too, and I don't have enough for that. I saved up a bunch of money over the years but still not enough for a high end PC I guess

I grabbed a H170, which is around 12x10 inches. It's got SATA and PCIE for storage, I think it only came out like a year ago.

Nvidia's getting pretty good at gimping cards from the very moment you buy them.

Include me in the screen bby

I work at a major courier company. And if you ship something that's 200$+ or of extreme value to you I recommend spending the extra 2$ for insurance.

We treat almost all packages like trash

>into a gaylord

Fucking what now

I just looked up what a gaylord is

Most people don't realize but most of the warehouse shit is done by hand. When you're working for hours and you see shit like this it takes time and additional work, you have to call a supervisor, meanwhile you're getting behind on other stuff. I've had supervisors look at something like this, sigh, then tell me to ship it.

If you make a report that it got to your station damaged, suddenly it's your fault, they pretend to investigate but it just gets logged in your incident rates, so you just learn to ignore it.

>MSI

enjoy trying to get a replacement, kiddo.

Should've bought EVGA.

rate or hate

M A M I
A
M
I

Well, at least you got your mail.

Some postal workers in the UK steal it.

I think its clearly obvious that the contents of the box would be damaged from these pics.

you're on r/Cred Forums, OP, congrats

Someone hates video games at ups.

>sue the shipper

why are so many amerifats paranoid & stupid?

Why are you so retarded?

replying to bait but oh well
>he gave me something broken I paid money for
>oh well guess i will take what life gives me and not complain and be happy

I don't know what backwards ass country you are from but god I hope it gets nuked how dumb you are

HOW DID THAT HAPPEN

>When I ordered it it was just fine.
That's like saying there is no world hunger because I have a sandwich

If that shit had happened to me, I would have taken a photo of the package, sent it to the place I ordered from, and get a new product.

You need more ram over anything.

>Get 2k monitor
>Actually gain fps since I don't need to use AA

Holy shit that is just fucked.

youtube.com/watch?v=YGv2euM8AEg

This. I bought my 1070 from my local microcenter

I always fear this

No faggot, you don't have that over "Europoors" because whoever you replied to is a fucking dumbass. We can return anything as well, even if we decide we don't really want it after all.

died the way he lived.

I can believe that. The shit I got at that call center I can only imagine what packing companies/delivery drivers have to go through.

>We can return anything.
anything except video games

Also worked for UPS and can say no one gives a single shit about your package. I would sort packages and we had a belt for smaller items which would then go to an area where the small items would be sorted into bags. The belt at times would have to stop running because small sort couldn't handle the load, well when it turned back on it would jam at certain areas and guess what the solution was? Stomping and kicking the shit out of all the small packages. So yeah your video games and small items would all get stomped on. As for bigger items when they were being unloaded from the truck people would just pull down walls of packages and let them smash on the floor. Fragile stickers or this end up gets completely ignored. And then you also have the occasional bad day where someone just throws a package out of anger. Not to say its any different anywhere else but I can confirm that they simply do not care about your package.

>died the way he lived.
How is that? Crushing fragile shit?

Another user working for a parcel service? Jesus Christ no fucking wonder why so many packages get fucked.

KEKED

Well just take a look at the box how else did you expect them to fit it inside?

A bit more seriously, this is what mailing insurance covers. Just contact the person who shipped it to you and tell them that it arrived damaged. I'm not sure which process they go through, but you can get a replacement/get your money back.

Belgium here.
You generally have a time limited guarantee.
For exemple phones here often have a one year guarantee, if the phone is damaged during this guarantee you can send it back and get a replacement.

As for OP's case, he could even ask for a fucking refund since its been obviously damaged before arrival.

Pic unrelated, a Messerschmitt 109 E4.

It's honestly more the rate they want you to work at. Before you even start they tell you to handle packages like you would your own and you watch videos of people calmly moving packages, but when work begins its the total opposite of what they just showed you, they want it done fast and don't really care about the packages. The supervisors are only concerned with getting the work done for the day as fast as possible.

Wake me up

might as well

You look pretty woke son.

Those are idle temps though, dad

Just bought the monitor. I was expecting to be really disappointed and not notice a difference with 144hz. What a happy accident

Lol where the fuck are you from?
THey aren't LEGALLY required to do shit, kid.

Stores have a return policy for customer satisfaction, not because "IT'S THE LAW!@#!@#!"

All that analysis and still couldn't figure out it was bait

I plan on getting a 1440p monitor soon. Which one would you guys recommend?

>mfw bought an extra 2x4gb ram sticks
>mfw there's no space under my cooler to slide them in
>will have to unseat literally everything and remove motherboard then the cooler just to install ram

fuck

>He doesn't want to play Jedi Knight Dark Forces II

1080 for 1080p gaming single channel ram seriously?

upgrade your 1440p monitor

same as above

get a ssd 770 is good for 1080p @ 60

1440p monitor

solid

1440p monitor

same as above

once done would be solid system

solid

Ram then cpu then monitor

solid

please put that 660ti out of its misery

>laptop

780ti or 980ti perfect for 1080p gaming

your system is solid but I would hold off on 4k, 1) like you said its expensive 2) your 1080 alone is not gonna run @ 60 for 4k. Just get yourself a nice 1440p/144hz monitor and be done with it.

solid

solid

solid

welcome to the world of 144hz

Benq makes good ones, asus if you have the dosh. TN is you want faster framerates, but Ips is catching up with TN and have better colors and viewing angles.

Yes it is faggot

Oikeissa näytönohjaimissa on kurveja

Eyy fellow Amazonian. I cannot wait to resign next week. I'm not doing Peak Season again.

>We sharing specs?

Get rekt kiddies.

youtube.com/watch?v=4N3N1MlvVc4

That's what you get for throwing a bunch of exta money at a gaming X which has 0 benefit since they aren't binned.

amerifat at an ameriburger:
-god dammit you sonovabitch you screwed up my order! I demand you replace my meal and get it right this time or I am suing this fucking place!!!!! You do this to ME every time I come here! Everyone is trying to fuck me because of how important I am!
-yes, well...we'll get your correct order right away sir
-damn right!!!!

visiting foreigner behind the amerifat:
-excuse me, they got my order wrong.
-oh I see. I'm sorry. I'll replace your meal on the double!
-thank you.

Toasting in epic bread

Comparing a $5 burger to $300+ tech that can't be fixed so easily. great counterpoint

Here's a non-retarded one

Tou can use rivatuner to limit frame rate in any directx game. That will help you avoid tearing from 300 fps.

the images were posted to a finnish image board called "ylilauta" like half an hour before they were here

No real reason to upgrade, my 7970 can still handle just about everything I throw at it.

Its the same working for FedEx

I don't think you know how RAM works
Like at all

Are you serious guys? If you expected this to run properly than maybe this isn't for you. This was never about running properly, idk where people got this from. Maybe you should lower your expectations, because for me this is exactly what I wanted.

>no i5 k
>1080p 60hz

no

Are the new monitors really better? Or is it just that there's no VGA on 1000 series?

Literally me but with 32b system and 4 gb ram
I know that feel comrade ;_;

What really sucks for op is the fact that today is Friday, so he has to request a refund or something. He has to send the package back, which will take a few extra days because weekend, once the item arrives he will get his refund and will have to re order and wait for his new card to arrive, which probably won't be any earlier than Monday or Tuesday of not next week, but the week after. I just went through something similar two weeks back.

I had a GTX465, but it died last weekend.

Time to finally upgrade to a 950.

>triple channel
respect for the man who knows what he wants

is 780 ti sill decent?

>import doujinshi

I would love to see the look on the mailman's face. or would you get arrested?

I've had a GSync monitor for a few months now and the greatest thing about it is that when you play something that's optimized like shit (a lot of fucking games) so that they go down below 60fps it's much smoother and less choppy than the same low framerate without GSync. I'm not technically savvy enough to explain how it works but I've turned it on and off and there is a very noticeable difference when you're running something at say 50fps between GSync on and GSync off.

JUST

i want a new cpu
which one should i get

UPS and other courier services are 10 times worse than regular mail though

>Order using UPS and pay a fucking lot for it because I want my shit fast
>After a few days they come when I'm not home
>I call them and they tell me it's impossible to schedule a delivery for a specific time, they will bring it when they feel like it, I have to be home all the time
>Manage to get next 2 days off work so I can wait
>Order food in because I don't want to miss them
>At the end of the second day they never came
>Call customer service
>"Where's my package"
>Bitch says they tried to deliver today as well but I would not answer the door
>This is absolute fucking bullshit claim considering I was within earshot at all times and I have the loudest fucking doorbell
>Say they'd better bring it tomorrow since it's my last day off before more work
>Evening of third day, like 18:00
>Have been watching the door like a hyena for them
>Call customer support
>"Where is my package?"
>"Uh I dunno here it says it is still in customs!"
>Hold my forehead and begin explaining why that is not possible
>She has no idea where my package is and says can't do anything and I must wait
>Get a call in like half an hour from delivery guy: "We have your package, are you home."
>Finally get my shit
>Ask the guy why the fuck they didn't call the other 2 times or something and why the customer support did not know he had my package
>Lol I dunno, I was not delivering the other 2 days and customer service people never know shit about anything :D

THANKS UPS. And that was not even my only time using a courier service. For reasons unknown I have paid them 3 times to fucking jerk me around. The other 2 cases weren't quite as bad but involved bullshit including me having to pick up the package from the middle of nowhere in one of the cases.

Meanwhile with regular mail it might take an extra day or two but they will just say "your shit is here in the post office, come get it whenever you feel like it."

>you need k series to overclock
>i5 3470 even needs to be overclocked

>didn't even post a picture outside of the wrapping

what's the fucking point?

>own both an IPS panel and TN panel
>use them beside each other
>the vibrance of the IPS panel makes the TN panel look like a monitor that's been in a closet with someone who smokes a pack of cigarettes a day for a few years
Not saying TN panels look like shit but I don't recommend using them side by side like I am. The TN panel looks like someone pissed all over the screen by comparison.

There's a reason UPS is the Finnish spelling for OOPS.

When I was building my first PC I ordered about $700 in parts through UPS and twice in a row they tried to deliver it to the house directly in front of mine, which no one had lived in for a year and is clearly abondoned and even has a different number next to the door. I had to call them and manage to talk to an actual person and tell them to tell the guy to go to 10 more feet down the road because apparently he can't read.

I really want to know if the bird survived.

I don't know if that's just its spine or if its throat is still intact. Crazy shit.

Who /easterneurope/ here?

I see t his shit all the time at FedEx. What ever the fuck they do and the mid spots just fucks so many packages. Its so bad I shake every box and if it sounds broke I throw it on the broke pile. At the end of the day the piles half as tall as me normally.

>computer was top of the line 5 years ago
>now it's just a piece of shit
feels bad man

hit me

I can relate. In my case it makes some sense that people can't find their way in here because there is a space between houses that takes up one number but it's a small park for children, not a vacant lot so people might think it belongs to one of the houses or something and get confused with numbering. Whenever I order even a fucking pizza I often see the guy wandering around the house one over from mine.

Now that would be all well and good if the numbers were not CLEARLY FUCKING VISIBLE ON EACH HOUSE AND THERE IS A FUCKING MAP AT THE FORK OF THE ROAD SHOWING EACH HOUSE AND ITS NUMBER AND IT EVEN SHOWS THE FUCKING PARK. THERE ARE ONLY 6 HOUSES DOWN THIS FORK IN THE ROAD. How the fuck are delivery guys so blind? It's their fucking job and they do it worse than an average person.

>using proprietary memeware

I bought a Gsync monitor just because all the 144hz monitors I was looking at had it and I had nvidia anyways
I can safely say now that I will never buy another monitor without Gsync unless something better than Gsync comes out. I've never used Freesync.

r8 me dawgs (it's mostly for emulation)

WORKS FOR ME actually hold on I think something might be up here.

even if you're joking your still retarded

pls don't h8

o i am laffin

8/10 bretty gud
-1 Skype and WMP visible
-1 not Gentoo

UPS Worker here.

Fucking hell you hit the nail on the head. Know whats worse though?

We have a smaller Chute for smaller packages (basically anything one handed) and it gets jammed. ALL THE FUCKING TIME. DVDs, Games, books, Amazon Kindles, Ipads, etc are easily snapped in half because we are expected to throw shit on that single belt (regardless of where it goes as long as its small). Is it jamming up? Who cares throw all that shit on there. Just keep piling it on and someone will eventually come over and kick the box out of the jam breaking another in the process.

Also Fragile is a funny word. I once saw a solid block of steel have the word Fragile on it.

>Raptr
>Explorer and WMP on the start
>Stock color
0/10

Finn here. OP is a finn aswell.
OP has a right to a refund based on national and EU consumer protection laws. I'm a law student so I can cite if necessary. The pictures posted in this thread (and the information OP most likely gave to the postal office) are more than enough proof for a rank-and-file case.

This is actually true. In england if you open anything you pretty much can't return it, even if it's faulty they usually say "take it to the manufacturer" and the manufacturer says "take it to the store" and you get an endless loop.

USA I've seen people fucking steal stuff and return it to the same store with no receipt. How the fuck wal mart or target make any money is beyond me.

UPS Guy here.

Let me tell you the dumb fucks that call about their package.

There are two types. The business guy ordered something and wanted it shipped. Package is damaged. What he ordered for his business was missing a lot of it and ok. We get it. Refund the package or we can replace it.

Second type of caller.
Retarded College Student or Angry Soccer Mom. Holy shit these ones. These ones are great. Want to move cross-country to their ivy league school. They throw everything into one massive box and expect it to be ok. Perfume? Same box as clothes, dvds, etc. Water bottles, beer cans, etc all in the same box. The moment that liquid touches that cardboard your shit is fucking lost.

The worst one was when I saw a 24 inch TV thrown in with a bunch of shitty bloody panties and an old NES system. The bottom of the box broke open and everything came out. That NES was crushed under the TV and a bunch of game carts were lost as well. Turns out throwing water bottles and "empty" perfume bottles is economic.

This was last week btw. Haven't got the call yet but expecting it.

Don't get a high refresh rate monitor, they are a meme.
After a couple months you won't even be able to tell the difference and you'll feel you lose nothing while going back to 60fps.

Invest in higher resolution instead at least it will be useful outside games too.

>Ship back a brand new PSU for coil whine problems
>Shop says they can't detect anything so they ship it back to me
>it's missing the 24 pin cable so I can't even power it on as well as allof 6pin PCI-E cables and SATA cable
>They sent back an extra 8pin cable

It's still pulling it's weight, I mean some newer games kinda chug but with some tuning even those run fine.

Ayyy

here's my stats! yesterday's masterrace reporting in.

>Up to date cpu and gpu
>Sub 1080p monitor

WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS??

simmer down, its just a kid who doesn't know all you have to do is email the seller and they fix the issue no probs

fucking rockauto takes my word on things not fitting or being broken

F

>mfw people pay damn good money for 144Hz monitors
>mfw they're paying profession IPS money for a TN panel

accidents happens, no need to get bent out of shape.

F