Dad? Dad, I'm a- Ye- Not a "crazed gunman", dad, I'm an assassin!

Dad? Dad, I'm a- Ye- Not a "crazed gunman", dad, I'm an assassin!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=to8yh83jlXg
youtube.com/watch?v=C4cfo0f88Ug
youtube.com/watch?v=8kK2gAFWWsA
youtu.be/9NZDwZbyDus
youtu.be/GLlLQ3LmZWU?t=59s
youtube.com/watch?v=kqeGH9wHKMU
youtube.com/watch?v=UGjzzmHD9nk
youtube.com/watch?v=2ENmljQAYXI
youtu.be/Y7R5j8tLgE8?t=92
youtube.com/watch?v=vCnvHyNol_s
youtu.be/NY4DxgbkQBM
youtube.com/watch?v=UfqIUSYH-nI
youtube.com/watch?v=3D3Z8eqFIf0
youtube.com/watch?v=NSgfyJoVC1c
youtube.com/watch?v=kVrrt-nvDnQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4b8JAceqc78
youtube.com/watch?v=wpgdzTtgo-U
youtube.com/watch?v=EVi00_zWaZE
youtube.com/watch?v=X-XiGFlW9Jk
youtube.com/watch?v=bGvOfLsEFOA
youtube.com/watch?v=rWDBOQ0jPMo
youtube.com/watch?v=n1wwQNEzi_8
youtube.com/watch?v=OSjqF5tR894
youtube.com/watch?v=-OsF0O5vd1s
youtube.com/watch?v=GeSUvoY2oUk
e621.net/post/show/679485/anthro-bra-breasts-clothing-english_text-eyewear-f
youtu.be/kVrrt-nvDnQ
youtube.com/watch?v=xfKhDiUNOG0
youtube.com/watch?v=aJr68U7K-wA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I feel like snoipuh is the only tf2 character one can become actual friends with

BREAAAAAAAAAAD

Indeed, and now he's here to f*bleep* us.
So listen up boy.

engineer seems alright

>implying Demo isn't ultimate bro-tier
To be fair, I would like to hang out with every merc exept Pyro/Spy/Scout/Soldier
I'm Russian so becoming friends with Heavy would be pretty easy

>not Soldier

A comic relief is essential to every group

nothin' personal dad

He would probably break a few bones in his/my body while fucking around, I'd rather not have to re-attach my wrist after hanging around with friends

So we're all in agreement the real killer of this game was Valve slowly releasing less and less content until it barely gets a dribble of anything a year right?

I haven't played seriously since 2011 and haven't touched at all since like 2013 or 2014

DAD, DAD!

Put..put mum on the phone...

Overwatch had better movies

Except Overwatch came out almost a decade later than TF2, of course it has better movies

Were you seriously expecting Valve to keep up full support for a fucking decade?

Did I do good dropping Pyro for Demoman skillceiling-wise? Been having tons of fun with the game again. Actually top scoring consistently, too.

You did good, Pyro is a "no fun allowed" class

Underage as fuck if you two don't remember how good these were

Whenever a new 'meet the team' video came out the hype was unreal, OW cannot even compare

I mean the Sniper talking to his dad for 5 seconds injects more personality into his character than any line spoken in Overwatch

>I mean the Sniper talking to his dad for 5 seconds injects more personality into his character than any line spoken in Overwatch
CHEERS LUV
CALVARY'S HERE XD

But Expiration Date is better than anything Blizzard's put out.

Sorry sorry sorry

Watch this.
youtube.com/watch?v=to8yh83jlXg

it had its moments but watching this made me empathize with my former girlfriends at it climaxed to early

This is a bucket.

>When I was a child I was scared of spiders because mom told me they had no soul

Dear God.

seconded

There's more.

no

It's sad because it's true, despite Expiration Date being half trash half brilliant.

Every single Blizzard animation is about five minutes too long. Like, the Soldier: 76 one that has two minutes of him and six minutes of a little brown girl.

Every single Blizzard animation is fun to watch once, but you never need to watch them again because they try to focus on lore and plot, make the plot and lore boring, and give you nothing worthwhile to see.

Because despite being characatures, the TF2 cast are actually developed into personalities. And despite being set into the DEEPEST LORE with interconnecting relationships, the Overwatch cast have paper thin characterizations.

The slower than shit updating of the TF2 comic is the most tragic part of the game.

way too generic

youtube.com/watch?v=C4cfo0f88Ug
remember the hype when this shit came out?

youtube.com/watch?v=8kK2gAFWWsA

How is a robot with PTSD too generic?

I remember when meet the pyro came out, that shit was everywhere

incorrect

By far and away the best OW short
It doesn't mean that its not predictable and generic

Suuuupermaaaaan.

>it wasn't a mix of red and blue because valves playtesters were retarded
I'm still mad about that.

Around black, never relax.

Is it a requirement that playtesters have a sub 50 IQ?

>even in the sfm they use the meta

>seven years ago

youtu.be/9NZDwZbyDus

Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Pretty good words to live by.

the robot part in the only semi interesting part in that short
the ptsd part is extremely generic and predictable
good visuals tho

>valve is probably done making stuff like this
youtu.be/GLlLQ3LmZWU?t=59s
>comic wait is getting longer and longer
>tf2 golden days are forever gone

>PTSD
I really hope Blizzard doesn't try to push for that angle.

It's a goddamn combat robot, it is literally built for the purpose of waging war, unlike human beings to which the horrors of war go way beyond anything we've been built to deal with through our evolutionary history.

It's far better to explain it as just a case of dormant defense protocols that are activated whenever the unit perceives itself to be in danger and override the main personality, the kind of thing that can make a robot unique and not just a person made of metal like Zenyatta is so far.

lol

>PTSD
...It's a robot. It thought the woodpecker was gunshots because it is a robot designed for combat. It does not have PTSD.

>Marc Laidlaw is gone from Valve
That's the most tragic part for me, I hope he's writing big hollywood films or something, guy is too good to write for vidya

No. It's a robot with sentience. All the robots were infected by a virus called the Iris and then Bastion type robots were again infected by a mind controlling virus making them attack humans.

IRIS gave sentience to robots, so robots can have PTSD.

>that soundtrack
I love(d) Valve

>tfw you'll never be an assassin for a living

>design robot for war
>give it programming to protect itself from danger if being shot at
>put it in its hardware
>all robots are given a software virus
>it still has its core functions regardless

>sentience
>PTSD
They don't go hand in hand, bud

It does though. Like I said, IRIS gave sentience to robots. It does not want to kill stuff, and it's fighting his programming and goes back to the forest and "tries" to bury his past behind.

He get triggers that make him think that he's back at war. That's PTSD.

Yeah the music's great. Also I can't get over how good the animation is for certain parts, like that part where medic rotates the syringe gun cylinder

>tfw I still remember all the shitposting on Cred Forums about how Pyro's perception of the world was referencing MLP

and that is blizzards pathetic Idea of a 'tragic' character

>All the robots were infected by a virus called the Iris

Besides, I'm fairly sure that Bastion units were custom-built by the Omniums after they were reactivated by the God Programs.

Not like it matters so much though, Overwatch Lore is like trying to build a house of paper inside a pool and there's very little non-contradictory canon to go around, making trying to elaborate on it a futile affair.

And I do it anyway.

>like that part where medic rotates the syringe gun cylinder
>There are little fingerprints on the cylinder
>The focus switches to Demoman as he lifts up his sights
It's the little things.

I remember Mann vs Machine being broken as hell when it first launched.

youtube.com/watch?v=kqeGH9wHKMU

I didn't have any problems like the ones in this video, but just trying to get into a game was a complete pain in the ass back then.

I'll do it, on one condition.
Say that, again.

>Bastion
>PTSD
you serious?

lowest common denominator friend

say what again?
the apology he gave spy or something spy told him to say?

Nothing to add here

If Valve ever decides to try and fight the Class Shooter throne back from Overwatch with a TF3, for example, I really hope they bring back some if not all of TF2's cast. Hell, throw in the Classic crew and the one merc team that had Lincoln in it. I'd play the shit out of it for the characters only.

Wanted Scout to say that Spy is better than him into the mic.

God what an amazing time
The sheer amount of butt hurt was amazing

SEDUCE ME!

I am. He want peace but he's "trained" for war.

Soldier is fucking stellar in this.
>This is a bucket
>Dear god...
>There's more
>no...

>PTSD
>Dark mercenary past
>parents killed as a child
>responsibility burden to bear
>apathetic being learning how to live
I don't know about you but it's always to the trash with those for me.

The "Youre better than me" remark

ok thought so

Meet the Medic is the best video, prove me wrong

Dude, actual PTSD work like that. You have triggers that give you flashbacks from war and you dont know where you are anymore and reflexes can make you attack people.

>Question
>What's your question soldier?
>I teleported bread
>What?
>You told me to
>How. much?
>I have done nothing but teleport bread for three days

Meet the Medic is pretty damn baller

Hey look, it's Dr. Knownothing!

>YAAAAAAAAA
>AHAHAHAA
>I AM BULLET PROOF
>mfw that FUCKING music
>that MUSIC oh God

My favorite has always been Meet the Spy.

>computer hardware is the same thing as seeing your friend try to put his intestines back inside his stomach, crying out for his mother slowly dying in some distant lands, knowing that you'll have to tell his parents that instead of you but your son died. spending each and every day of your life trying to figure out why you didnt do this or that because if you did that, your best friend could have been alive, you could have been his best man at his wedding

No its not, its literally just its combat protocols. Do you even know how PTSD works?

Medic will always be my favorite.
>what happens now?
>now...
>lets go practice medicine
>mfw

It pretty much is for the robot who went to war, was presumed killed and then wake up decades later. He saw counteless of his brothers die and even had flashbacks due to him downloading the memories.

they'd have to make a new cast, half the voice actors either rtired or can't do the voice anymore, like Soldier's VA can't yell because of throat cancer

I can't prove you wrong. you're completely right.

No shit, it came out much later than the rest of the shorts, excluding Pyro, and had much higher production values. Everything about it is pure gold.

I had a hearty chuckle. Thanks for reminding me this video.

So does that mean my laptop has ptsd from the war games I play on it?

its a damn shame a TF2 cartoon never happened

expiration date had some real potential

Your laptop does not have sentience.

but it is software, just like that "sentience" virus

Meet the Spy is the best

>Entire BLU team is just soldiers
>This actually happens

The war games, not the laptop

Sentience mean that it's alive. Software and AI is not the same thing.

The music in that trailer was some hardcore fucking nightmare fuel. If only the unbearable suspence was also in the game itself. The closest experience you can get to this is when playing no-respawn arena with a pro spy in the enemy team

>implying
He's the extreme version of Dale Gribble.

Pic related is Demo trying to find him in his house.

They would've probaly turn it over to whatever writers and shove out episodes one after the other, but that's looking at it from a negative perspective, Sonic Boom proved that you can do it and still be entertaining, except the animation might not be as well made.

Spy's head blowing up legit traumatized me

Until I figured out that he probaly respawned elsewhere

>it ain't me starts playing

B I M O N T H L Y
I
M
O
N
T
H
L
Y

Yes, until they opened their mouths.

Remember when they joked about "the annual issue of Team Fortress comics coming out 6 months early!"?

Well now it's actually been a year since the last one.

honestly any of them except pyro, spy, and soldier are at least approachable

It's super cute, and pretty high quality, but have you read the message you're answering?
It's way flatter and 2-Dimensional, there isn't as much characterization going on here.
Beside meet the pyro that just shows you the whole team fears him and that she's a lunatic, though intentional since the character is supposed to be mysterious, every meet the video had a shitload of characterization on the character.

In this video about Bastion, we learn that he likes nature, that he has a programming that he has difficulty fighting, and that war has left him scarred.
That's literally it. Nothing else.

I'm not even sure that's the Bastion you use in-game, since OW's animated shorts aren't really made with the same intent as meet the team video, and you can have a full Bastion team.

it's a really a shame, the comics are pure gold.

Bastion is not an onmnic, according to Pharahs comic Skynet took over and made the bastions REMOVE HUMANITY

Its dormant combat procedures and conflicting orders, not PTSD

>him and that she's
I chuckled

youtube.com/watch?v=UGjzzmHD9nk

And yet, he gained humanity back. He's fighting the virus.

youtube.com/watch?v=2ENmljQAYXI

Sometimes I have this on loop the whole day.

>Over a year since last issue
>2 years since last actual update

Gameplay isn't canon.

I still go back to watch it just for that moment, jesus christ.

>mfw seeing that deleted/censored page where Demoman doesn't react to the first shot and he grabs Snipers syringe to inject more outback moonshine into his vein like a heroine addict

>Overwatch had better movies

No.

Meet the X had you immediately connect with the characters, while also keeping them short and sweet. Which is perfect for this game with no goddamn story.

Overwatch drones on and on. Sure it has production value, but it's wasted on this.

If you're a child who's never experienced any other pop culture before

I remember the wait for the Meet the Medic and Meet the Pyro videos feeling like absolutely ages. Can't believe those videos are around half a decade old now.

That was one of the things that made me drop this game.

Now i am getting nostalgia all over again
Thanks, OP

Is it a pre-requisite to be an obnoxious retard the moment you buy and play Overwatch? You Overturd blizzdrones are worse than dota 2's community.

even legends must die, user

>tfw the va of the scout is doing some fanservice of the scout and the va forthe medic is starting to do the same
Collab when?

Overwatch movies look like they are part from a Pixar Movie and you get to see parts of it at a time.

TF2 look like sketches made for the intend of being sketches.

Engie is just a good ol' boy from Texas.

Heavy is just a good son who doesn't speak english great.

Sober Demo is the most normal of the lot.

Scouts annoying, but you would get along if you were into sports.

Spy is a gentleman if you're a woman.

Sniper unfortunately cracked a bit after his foster parents were killed.

Soldier, Pyro, and Medic are all "do not interact with this man for your own safety" tier, and even then Pyro and Soldier are only unintentionally dangerous towards their friends

>Overwatch movies look like they are part from a Pixar Movie
>you get to see parts of it at a time

Yeah, exactly. Which is why it sucks.

Nobody wants to fucking watch just a part of a movie.

Except it's self contained. It's like a prologue part of a movie.

>Tonight we will be watching scene 6 of Finding Nemo

I like the Overwatch clips, but Expiration Date is better than all of them

>Soldier
To be fair, Merasmus managed to survive living with the guy.

Jesus, this picture gets more and more distorted with each iteration

>2 years since last actual update
TF2 got a matchmaking update like 2 months ago bro

>Overwatch movies look like they are part from a Pixar Movie

Yes because they're cynically designed by a focus group to look like that. Too bad when you take a closer look they contain nothing that makes pixar movies good and the dialogue is just tawdry cliche.

A long and mostly boring prologue.

>A magician survived living with Soldier.
Gee i wonder

>The quick fix wasn't like in Meet The Medic, only giving über to the target and possibly minicrit
Still mad

Barely. And Merasmus is a literal wizard.

>He puts on the rubber gloves AFTER having finished the surgery.

A relatively strong one at that.

Because it broke, you dingus.

I feel like Medic would make a great buddy to work with.
Like if you helped him with his surgeries or experiments on people or whatever then he would be a total bro

>Congratulations! You're a failure.

Until he strikes mad brilliance on the spot and needs a quick guinea pig and you are nearest to him at the moment.

how long until he finds you have more value as research material than research partner?

That's an opinion though.

>spy
how so? he is the most civilized of the bunch

You should quit your day job user, the FBI could use somebody with your attention skills.

He cant even speak french correclty.

And you are only POOR and IRISH.

@352701608
yeah no. Your b8 is so bad i'm not even going to quote you properly so you don't get a (You) from me

I JUST BEAT ON YOUR SNEAKY ASS LIKE A MULE, BOY

The entire thing was set up exactly like a PTSD episode. Even if you argue that a robot can't have PTSD, that's how it was ultimately portrayed

> Living their everyday life
> Suddenly, something rather mundane triggers them (As in an actual psychological trigger, and not just a buzzword Dumblr throws around for "thing I don't like")
> They become lost and confused
> If they aren't removed from the situation that triggers them, they may mentally lapse back into a violent moment, even hurting somebody/thing they love in the process
> Feeling shame over the episode, they will try and run away
And then later on, his friend the bird brings him a twig, which I forget the term for, but it basically is like an anti-trigger that is calmly introduced to help bring the person back down to a peaceful state

PTSD was exactly what they were portraying, with maybe a little bit of blind vengence thrown in during that final march

TF2 comics > Anything OW has ever done or will ever do

this holy shit
the shitposting arrived to the point that apparently MLP invented unicorns and rainbows

overmeme can't compete

>DOMINATED! and I've been shaggin' yer wife.
Medic is married?

and now he's off to visit your mother

>Robot develops feelings for life
it is the single most cliche shit when it comes to robots

>actually defending the fact they tried to give a robot ptsd
ishygddt

to heavy

Heavy is married?

What makes Demoman a good Demoman?

to sasha

Actually this.

Because it make sense in the Overwatch universe? There was an event that gave robots sentience. With sentience comes psychological problems.

well if he was a bad demoman, he wouldn't be sitting here discussing it with you, now would he?

Wait, he's here?

I'm a black, Scottish cyclops. They got more _______________________________ than they got the likes of me.

ya know, ME2, of all games, had a pretty neat take on it with their robots wanting to understand life, but only out of scientific curiosity. They had zero desire to actually become "alive"
course ME3 fucked that all up but hey, was a good idea

>To be fair, Merasmus managed to survive living with the guy.
No, he didn't.
Soldier killed Merasmus while he was astral projecting.

true sentience cannot be put into a computer program. Artificial intelligence is called artificial for a raisin.

>make sense
>in the Overwatch universe
Don't mutilate the English language like that.

If he's so fucking good, why did he lose the war?
Stop sucking Degroot's cock.

WE CANNOT TELEPORT BREAD ANYMORE

He wasn't saying profanity, he was speaking about their small stockpile of Australium.

because it's easier to point and click with soldier than actually hit something with demo if you barely play any of them. Casuals had easier time with soldier.

False. True AI is totally possible, and it would be a fully sentient being. Crows are sentient. Daulphins are sentients.

Just because it's a machine, does not mean it's not sentient.

prove it

Blizzard: "Overwatch isn't supposed to be taken seriously"
Literally has two characters
>super serious edge
>LOL so random XD

TF2 is about clones of 9 soldiers fighting each other until the end of time.

>Daulphins
It's Dolphins

They're mercenaries, get your facts straight.

he
is
fucking
programmed
for
war

sentience =/= ptsd

You are a retard.

and you're programmed for reproduction, how's that working out?

youtu.be/Y7R5j8tLgE8?t=92

Sentience can create scenarios where PTSD can occur.

i get my fix by jerking off. Humans have free will.

This video is the biggest problem with Overwatch. It concludes with Bastion walking back into the forest as if to say it's giving up its role as a war machine and becoming peaceful, but this has absolutely fucking nothing to do with the actual game where it's just a generic killbot. It's like Blizzard is trying to make a Pixar movie or some shit about heroes who are all amazing, but the game is just about them senselessly killing each other over control points.

Compare that with TF2. All the playable characters are unhinged mercenaries who love killing, so they fit in the theme of the game perfectly. The game and the videos/comics compliment each other really well whereas with Overwatch it's just a jumbled mess of fucking nothing.

Overwatch movies would be better if Overwatch would have a coherent lore instead of not being able to decide when shit happened and what age where the characters in said events.
Fuck.

They lack the spirit that the meet the videos have

what is demo saying in his drunk lines in game?

So do sentient beings. Bastions has free will.

That's actually true. No overwatch cinematic has been that efficient with its time.

VA for the medic doing the same?

Got any links? You got my attention

Something like "Your ass is grass and I'm the grass man."

It does have a coherent lore. Everything that happens in the movies is in the game. It's just not clear history wise.

yes but he turns into a war machine when he sees or hears a fight.

He's bought two tickets to the gunshow.
And he's not giving them to you..

>ADADADADADADADADADADADADAD
>scope and shoot on minimum charge

Am I a high level sniper yet?

you're probably foolin, but in case anyone hasn't seen it, valve did reveal what the censored line was.
youtube.com/watch?v=vCnvHyNol_s

find his facebook

No. He goes back to his programming or training. Just like a Soldier would do in a PTSD situation.

youtu.be/NY4DxgbkQBM

"kill me"
"later "

No, you need to get an easily detectable aimbot as a competetive player and then you are in the big leagues.

facebook com RobinAtkinDownesOfficial

Post Gmod.

youtube.com/watch?v=UfqIUSYH-nI

Oooh there's a new angel in heaven..
IN HELL!

I just watched a few and they're so boring jesus

Yes.
youtube.com/watch?v=3D3Z8eqFIf0

but would heavy be your friend if you were a tiny baby man?

kek'd at the melee arsenal

is...is he going with my tickets?

youtube.com/watch?v=NSgfyJoVC1c

I want some NMH fanservice

youtube.com/watch?v=kVrrt-nvDnQ

The best line is clearly evil_laugh5.wav
>tfw having it as a hitsound and playing heavy or pyro

The word you guys are looking for is actually "sapience" sentient means that it can sense, sapient means it has intelligence
Dogs are sentient, Men are sapient

Thank you !

I'm a tinfoil hat wearing user who has never neve4 used Facebook due the shit I involve into online but thank you

my dick's gonna be sapient when i shove it in your ass in a minute

iirc Its original intention was to only give uber to the target but they changed it last minute basically.

could not watch 20 seconds of one before closing tab cause of cringe.

Not even. If you program a robot to know it exists, it doesn't actually know it exists. It is a robot, running a computer program. A robot can just as easily be programmed to believe it does not exist. Does this mean it doesn't exist? No.

I like Overwatch but come on.

So is your brain. Your brain is just a complicated computer. Just because your programming is biological, does not mean it's better.

youtube.com/watch?v=4b8JAceqc78

yeet. Did you really just say this?

Warning: Made by a furry
youtube.com/watch?v=wpgdzTtgo-U

Computing student here, you're full of shit.

i always wondered why that was.

what did the playtesters say?

Yes I did. An AI has the same rights as a human AI. Both are programmed, except that one is via evolution and the other is man made.

>implying those aren't EXTREMELY different

Computing student here, I'm not. An AI that self develop and self learn, is as valid as a human intelligence.

Your brain is a cuck. From my brain to your cuck brain.

that having both colors was confusing because they "tot dey hadda shoot dem" because they were on the other team

>robots need to be built with MUH FEELINGS and MUH EMOTIONS

It's the most worn out, retarded cliche ever. Especially for a war machine. The Iron Giant pulled it off better.

Both are intelligent, know they exist. You are the reason the Matrix happened.

>jason "Noodle anatomy" afex

They keep shooting the other players instead of the robots because "they are not in my team". Valve instead of finish the code (which was in the game unused) for both team playing against the grey robots, they just made blue bots vs red players

Sure. Crazy Soldier and French Spy is totally not a cliche though.

>to know that even heros die
>and that survival isnt always a victory

AI DOESN'T FUCKING KNOW IT EXISTS YOU FUCKING RETARDED APE THAT THINKS HES HOOMAN.

THERE IS NO AI.

NO JUST FUCK
STFU

>tfw the Superman scene

HE DIDN'T DESERVE THIS

And we still don't have a sequel.

PTSD doesn't require sentience. It's a very simple mental development of a reaction to stimuli familiar to a scenario. For us it's complicated because modern society doesn't require you to have or display those instincts. It's extremely difficult for a solider to suppress them after such a long period of time where those fears were commonplace and those instincts may have been highly beneficial to survival.

>people are actually this retarded

It isn't though.

Choose 1 (ONE) to give you a prostate exam. The rest will watch

It does not think it's human. It's simply intelligent.

I don't think I understand your point, why does the fact that it was designed to think mean that it isn't thinking? If it has the Intellect enough to make connotations and opinions on things, wouldn't that make it a sapient being?

the medic you idiot

hes the only qualified one

Nothing will top this "Meet the" video.
Shame they'll never make a series or film with these characters

They don't need to be original if they're funny. Drama is something you should never inject into a game, because it's ALWAYS forced.

Engineer, easy.

He might be the most qualified but he's also batshit insane.

Generic.

Yeah, never seen Drama in a movie or music, or theaters. Drama has never been seen in a single piece of media or art .

FUCKING HERETIC

Scout, obviously. He'd try to get the job done as quick as possible and he'd never tell a soul.

If something is programmed to know it exists, it is not actually thinking or coming to a conclusion based on evidence or experience. It's programmed to know. Which isn't real knowledge.

>not knowing what else the medic will go while he's up inside you

Shit call mate.

Warhammer 40K lore is so stupid it's funny.

We're not talking about movies or music or theatre. We're talking about a video game. It's supposed to be videogamey first, dramatic cinematic garbage second.

Drama doesn't help the game or its atmosphere. IT's just for edgy tryhards who think games being fun is "immature".

Video games are a media. It's like saying that movies cant be deep and should always be Transformers and Micheal bay type of movies.

Saying that Drama is for tryhard in games is really really stupid.

Video games are supposed to be the ultimate way to tell a story.

this. It's the same reason tommy vercetti is one of the only sensibly designed violent player characters. Because the way the character is built and portrayed is consistent with the way people play him in the game. Every one else is all "muh feelings" "muh morality" "muh character depth" and all that nonsense in the cutscenes, and as soon as the player is in control again, the character starts murdering left and right, because the game's mechanics usually demand it. From an immersion and storytelling perspective, it makes exactly zero sense.

>tfw I got my brother in law interested in the entire game just by making him watching from the "I HAVE NO IDEA" part

Is it too late to enjoy TF2?

I somehow have a talent to miss great games on during their prime

MAKES MORE SENSE THAN RELIGION TRAITOR.

SEE

it's still pretty active, I played a few rounds last night and it's still quite enjoyable

>Video games are supposed to be the ultimate way to tell a story.
No, they're supposed to be games. Being a "story" should never even be a thought.

Not really, you'd just ne missing put on weapons that are either garbage or broken but default stuff works fine, you wouldn't have shitty hats or weapon skins.

Not necessarily but you did miss out on its heyday. Just avoid matchmaking and look for community servers.

the golden years are behind it, but it's still pretty fun.

The ytp of this was one of my favorite things to come out of the dead ytp community

Depends on the type of game.

No. Video games dont have to fun. Art does not have to be fun. Games dont have to be fun.

How young are you?

>No. Video games dont have to be fun.
>a product you purchase for the express intent of entertainment shouldn't be entertaining in the slightest

EL BAITO MAGNIFICO

Games can do much more than entertain user. They can teach, test, invoke feelings or thought, inspire, take you on an adventure good or bad, etc etc.

Yes I know it's corny but it's true. Games can do what movies, music and art do, but more.

Fun is just a buzzword.

>and look for community servers.

Aren't most of them dead? I reinstalled TF2 a few months ago myself, after not playing it since around 2012/2013, and most of the community servers had zero players when I checked the list.

>They can teach, test, invoke feelings or thought, inspire, take you on an adventure good or bad, etc etc.
And you know how they do that? THROUGH GAMEPLAY. If the gameplay cannot do that, then it doesn't deserve to exist.

No story ever deserves to exist if the gameplay isn't worth it.

Not all of them but quite a bit have died. They have been a tiny bit more popular since matchmaking was introduced.

Can the OW community do something that isn't porn?
youtube.com/watch?v=EVi00_zWaZE

>Videogames are supposed to be the ultimate way of storytelling

Are you 12?

It's an alright mediums for storytelling because it's the best for attention to detail, the big problem is telling a story because most video game writers are shits due to the field requiring the mentality of someone like
Chris Avellone rather than David Gaider

>"SEDUCE ME!" *Thwack*

They can complain.

>implying Bastion doesn't have to pull out his guns to stop the clearcutting and industrialization of that forest he woke up and save little birds home and nest and eggs

Entertainement =/= Fun
You can be entertained by sadness, anger, confusion.

Just because it's not fun, does not mean it's not entertaining.

>you can be entertained by sadness

I don't think so, Tim. I live in a perpetual state of numbness and intense grief, complete with crying like a bitch every day since someone close to me died, and I sure as fuck ain't entertained by it.

Games are typically fun, user. If it's not, it's a shit game.

Wrong, user. In video games, entertainment is only allowed when it's related to the gameplay. If you're getting enjoyment from a game's story and nothing else, then I'm sorry, but you're in the wrong medium for this brand of fun.

this?
youtube.com/watch?v=X-XiGFlW9Jk

youtube.com/watch?v=bGvOfLsEFOA

this video was advertised on one of the splash screens in overwatch. if you ask me there's something weird about blizzard showcasing a video made with SFM

woah you dropped that reddit tier comment like epic win style
upvoted

No. Just like movies dont have to have action.

False. Look at Papers Please, it's entertaining to do meaningless bureaucratic work but the game itself is dark and not pleasant.

Stop being so closed minded. Video games dont have to make you smile and be meaningless.

>Papers Please

It had an original gameplay mechanic, which could be accurately described as "spot the difference" all while managing your UI including the papers and documents, all while doing it in an orderly fashion, and working your way towards multiple different endings. The story would be nothing without all of that GAMEPLAY.

Does anyone else miss the Warpath map? I used to play on that all the time back in the early 2010's, but now it's completely dead.

>Papers Please
>Not fun

I bet you think Euro Truck and Elite Dangerous is boring too you ADHD ridden cuck

Except it's not fun. The gameplay would be nothing without the story.

Are you saying that Gameplay and Drama are totally incompatible? Because that's stupid.

It's like saying that because you sing, you cant dance.

youtube.com/watch?v=rWDBOQ0jPMo

I think you dont understand what Fun mean.
Fun is amusing, funny, pleasant.

Working in a communist country that threaten your life and your family, and having to work faster and faster due to terrorists and pressions from the bosses and your family.

It's not fun. It's entertaining, but it's not fun. If you were doing this in real life, you would not be happy.

>wanting to have your penis laughed at

>The stabbing synchronized with the music
As the other user said, It's the little things.

>mfw I know what its parodying

what was the name of that video?

youtube.com/watch?v=n1wwQNEzi_8

>Spy is a gentleman if you're a woman.

Yeah right. Spy seems like the sort of weird fuck that would be all over a woman until she put out, sabotage the condom and be gone the next day.

No, you should buy Blizzard'sâ„¢ lattest hit:
Overwatchâ„¢
:^)

I think you dont understand what Fun mean.
Fun is amusing, funny, pleasant.

Working against a giant fire-spewing turtle that threaten your life and your family, and having to jump faster and faster due to goombas and pressions from the Toads and your princess.

It's not fun. It's entertaining, but it's not fun. If you were doing this in real life, you would not be happy.

Actually, the Roadhog+Junkrat origin trailer was pretty good. Humourous and good characterisation.

Unfortunately the rest of them are pretty bland.

>it's not fun

Stopped reading there.

>the only vidya company who could actually do humour well no longer makes games

You think you are clever, but you are not.

Not him but there's a huge difference between "fun" and "engaging".

I think you mean engaging, which Papers' gameplay certainly is, but calling it fun is misusing the word.

And you are unable to differentiate between games and reality. Are kids playing indians and cowboys not having fun because living during that age, having to fight against rival bands would have been a terrible experience?

>Wanting to be anywhere NEAR "surgery happy", "rejected by the Nazis for crimes against nature" Medic

is it even legal to rip models from overwatch for use in SFM
weird that they'd promote this, yeah, maybe they don't even know what SFM is

You are taking it way too seriously, for whatever reason

Papers Please entertainment, or "fun" comes from its challenge. It gives you an objective, a set of rules that changes with each level, and a time limit that creates urgency.

You can ego stroke and cry "muh drama" all you want but that won't change what me or thousands others thought about the game

>it's
average frogposter's grasp on english

If you get immersed in Paper Please, you dont have fun. It's stressful, and you feel bad almost all the time.

You extrapolate way too much.

Games dont have to be funny and stupid. They can have a message. Entertainment does not have to be fun to watch.

>if you condition yourself to not have fun, you don't have fun

Who are you to dictate what's fun and what's isn't? At least I'm doing my best to adhere to the factual, dictionary definition of a video game, which is the interactive portions.

I think the word fun is overused. And I dont stroke any ego at all. I'm just against the idea that people really think that just because the game has a story that does not involve you being a badass dude with attitude saving the president, that it cant be entertaining and still be a video games.

Video games dont have to be light hearted or have no stories. Video games can make you feel emotions.

>If you get immersed in Paper Please, you dont have fun.

I wouldn't have finished Papers Please if it wasn't fun. Shut the fuck up.

>You will never be assistant to a qt doctor

Of course you would. You were entertained.

Also, are you a 16 yo? Because only 16 yo say Shut the fuck up on the internet as if it was of any value.

"un is the enjoyment of pleasure, particularly in leisure activities. Fun is an experience — short-term, often unexpected, informal, not cerebral and generally purposeless"

Fun is meaningless. Literally. When you have fun, you forget all the problems of the world and just live. While Papers Please and other games like that are a great distraction, they make you think and realize and live the life of people like that.

>watch the overwatch shorts
>mfw the dialogue

>people saying the tf2 shorts are better than the overwatch shorts

LE FORCE OF NATURE SANDVICH

Posting on Cred Forums is also meaningless, and yet, here you are

such a pity the manga is so short

(you)

You need to try harder than that.

>

Are you thirsty (You)s too?

>Fran
>Not as untrustyworthy as the Medic

I still would, that aside.

>tonight will never be the night ever again

post rare vipers

That's why it's fun. Thanks for proving my point.

Yes but most of them were gold

fuck

>White Cadillac

Its the little things that make it great.

>implying theres a single woman who doesnt want to be impregnated by Spy

Does anyone know the video of the Pyro lagging to the extreme and somehow manages to trip over a bullet?

Fuck, I've never laughed so hard at a video in my life. That part really caught me off guard.

YOU STOP RIGHT NOW

HOLY shit those )you(s

Kek

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Think it was Snowycoast in a nutshell or something.

Half those things, like the invocation of thought or feeling can come from gameplay, or the story told throughout the game, or the moral choices made in the game, or the questions/critical thinking the game forces you to consider, or the art style and scenery of the game.

This isn't the medium for you, we've seen what has happened when games take a more story-centric approach (DMC, Hitman, Thief, etc.)

Only until Naughty Dogs recent rebranding have these "movie games" done sucsessful, and you know what happens when any industry smells money

well i'm getting them, aren't i?

>yfw the deleted scene that I just found an animated version of
youtube.com/watch?v=OSjqF5tR894

The point is that the gameplay has to be there, and it has to be the center of attention.

I want the movies to go back to Cred Forums.

every fucking time why are overwatchfags so sensitive

the two games are nothing alike

Thank you so much, user. I couldn't remember the title of the video, but I didn't think that it would be in a video with that name.

you didn't specify which viper :^)

I did like this manga, but holy fuck did I hate Fran. I hate the whole "childlike innocence" shtick and some folks get it way worse than they deserve.

t. retard

What mango is this?

Boku no Frankenstein

youtube.com/watch?v=-OsF0O5vd1s

I still haven't played a single MvM because I was always the 7th guy in the TF2 friendgroup

Oh sorry, didnt realize in 26 years of gaming that I didnt actually like video games.

I didnt realize that video games have not been doing stories since the Atari 2600.

Stop being stupid. It's like saying that music should only be about sounds and never be about a story. You are the cancer of video games.
youtube.com/watch?v=GeSUvoY2oUk

find a different friendgroup.

Does anyone have that old time picture of a guy that looks identical to the Medic?

That's what the mysterious doctor gets for abandoning his assistant to run everything for him while not making sure she's sane

Not him, but gameplay should be the only thing that ever matters about a video game, EVER. Anything else is just fluff that should be making the game better.

If you take everything out of a game except the gameplay, and it's amazing, you have a great game. Take everthing out of a game except the story, and you have trash.

trying hard to imitate that kitty style I see

Sauce of this

wouldn't you think a snek of that size would require a larger burger? I'm sure she burns a lot of calories just getting that bulk mobile.

Use your head.

No. In a lot of games, stories are necessary. Stories are an integral part of a video game. Since the start.

Video games are built from Sound, Video, Text, Music.

They are the accumulation of every other type of art. So no. Video games cant be reduced to simply gameplay.

Some video games are only gameplay
Some video games are only stories
Most are both.

Maybe she just likes to get to the diner early so she can get a snack in before her human boyfriend wishfully me arrives so he wouldn't have to pay for a super large meal for her

>No. In a lot of games, stories are necessary. Stories are an integral part of a video game. Since the start.

I agree with you, but a healthy balance of all qualities is what can really make or break the game in general, otherwise games would be bland and boring and repetitive.

Not to say they can't be boring or repetitive WITH those things, but I would rather play a game like dark souls which does focus on gameplay, but has all those other things too, than say, tetris which purely focuses on gameplay

>play overwatch
>mfw the dialogue

>Tetris sucks because it doesn't have enough story

Isn't Cred Forums 18+ years and older? Could've sworn.

just be thankful for what we got, it's still a lot more than most developers

No one plays TF2 anymore

Dwarf Fortress is a story machine, yes. Every character has a backstory and a personality.

>but I would rather play a game like dark souls which does focus on gameplay, but has all those other things too, than say, tetris which purely focuses on gameplay
This is the state of Cred Forums as of 2016, I guess it was fun while it lasted

>play Overwatchâ„¢
>mfw the dialogue

dwarf fortress is 100% story my dude the most well known parts of the game are the stories people bring back

Jesus fucking christ source please my dick needs it

Do people bring back those stories because they were giving them insight on the psychological condition of Urist Bakazbul and his plight as a worshipper of Merdak the Undulant in a society that rejects its beliefs, or because it's fun to watch the crazy interactions between elements brought by the engine?

What are you talking about? The story is nonexistent until you actually start playing it. The story is nothing more than a log of your gameplay activity. There's nothing pre-destined that's consistent throughout every run.

e621.net/post/show/679485/anthro-bra-breasts-clothing-english_text-eyewear-f

so yeah overwatch porn parody with our memer boy danny
anyone seen it? is it even out?

The story is 100% generated, does not mean it does not have a story.

The story only exists because of the gameplay. That's the only way a story should be in terms of a video game. No movies allowed.

I think you drank too much of the Cred Forums koolaid. Story does not mean cinematic experience.

Mario saving a princess from Koopa while toads are transformed into bricks is a story. Does not mean it stops you from playing the game.

Dwarf Forteress story is self made but it's extremely present.

>tfw Overwatch will never have TF2-tier bantz
>tfw we will never get a crossover game where we get to hear the TF2 cast shit all over the Overwatch heroes with domination banter

>Story does not mean cinematic experience.
It is if the story is too separated from the gameplay.

got u senpai
youtu.be/kVrrt-nvDnQ

No.
Take a game like Might and Magic 7. The story is every step of the way and it's not separated from the gameplay at all.

Story does not mean cinematic. It never meant that. You had games like Zork where the gameplay was the story.

>text adventures
>games
Next you are going to tell me VN are videogames

Here at aperture science we shoot the whole bullet, that 60% more bullet.

Alright, then let's have an experiment to prove it: if i can remove every single bit of story from your game, and your game is still good, then it's a good game. Wouldnt you say? Likewise, if you try to argue that the story somehow is too "integral" to remove, then there's an issue with the gameplay.

They are. You would be delusional for not saying they are.

And dont insult Zork.
youtube.com/watch?v=xfKhDiUNOG0

I get the feeling it'd be like

>Oh.
>Oh dear.
>...You know, I have a spare horse penis just gathering dust if you vant an upgrade...

You can remove the music from a movie and still have a decent movie. Does not mean that the music is not an integral part of the experience.

>They are
Next you are going to tell me Powerpoint slideshows are videogames
>And dont insult Zork.
Text adventure is an insult?

Do powerpoint slide shows have gameplay and choices? No?

Movies aren't videogames, despite your hardest wishes for them to be the same, so you can't make that kind of equivalence

No, it isn't. There's a thing called Silent Movies for that exact reason.

>VN have gameplay
No
>Powerpoint presentations don't have choices
They can have them, if you feel so inclined
Silent movies had a musical score, dumbo

Not all of them did. The first tenets of animation couldn't even afford music.

This is the first I've heard of there being a video about those two.

Of course Visual novels have gameplay. Come on, how many of them have you played?

Choosing between three or so choices every half an hour is not what I'd consider gameplay

I remember Virginia and Firewatch.

>go down corridor
>game tells me what button to press
>absolutely no consequences if I do it wrong, I just don't progress
>can't die
>no challenge
>no skill
>ending is just cinematics

"""""High art"""""".

>Asking out that dial tone I see.
Fucking spy!

You would not, but it is.

Games dont have to have consequences. And both of them are not visual novels. Visual novels are pretty much "choose your own adventure" books with more diversity.

Firewatch is a walking simulator. And it's also a video game.

Never said tetris sucked, nor did I say i wanted it to have a story.

Puzzle games get boring and old as fucking shit after a while, and your elitist old fag attitude isn't going to make it any better.

In rpgs there's stories to take part in, places to discover, different enemies to fight, different people to be, etc. In tetris you try to fit as many tetrominos on the screen as possible...

I honestly can't understand the autistic shit that needs to be going on in your head in order for you two retards to argue against this. Congratulations, you fell for the "older games are better, and so am I for liking them" meme.

Debatable, although if there's one thing that most people can agree it's that the voice lines in-game for Overwatch are vastly inferior to those in TF2.
Also TEAM FUCKING COLORS BLIZZARD, SMASH 4 DIDN'T MAKE THE GLOWING OUTLINES WORK WHY WOULD IT WORK IN AN EVEN MORE HECTIC GAME

But then they can't make skins that sell for $$$ in loot boxes...

>but it is
By which definition?

>People don't remember about the endless right turn taken out of Half Life 2 Episode 2
Kids these days, they don't know

Engineer
Medic
Heavy
Scout (If you're cool)
Spy (If you're fancy)
Demoman
Sniper
Soldier (If you agree with his propaganda)
Pyro (If you're lighthearted)

Fuck you.

>Games dont have to have consequences.
Then what's the point? I can literally watch your game on youtube if my interaction is limited to progressing the narrative.

>games without story are boring, even if their gameplay lends them to infinite replayability

This I can't agree with. If the story is absolutely necesary in your gme, then it's not a good game to begin with.

>In rpgs there's stories to take part in,
I'm gonna stop you right there. RPGs are one of the weakest genres in the industry, and I wouldn't for a second recommend them over actual video games? Why? Because they all follow the same formula.

>either a spiky haired young anime teenager or grizzly gruff white guy
>OH NOES TEH WORLD IS IN DANGER
>grind in fetchquests
>fight recolored monster palettes for 30 dungeons
>10+ hours of unskippable cutscenes
>50+ hours of dialogue you can't skip past
>the same randomly generated batles over and over again, which become a chore to go through because you're just one shotting them after a certain point
>EVEN MORE CUTSCENES
>just throw the game out before the second half

I don't play video games to read a novel.

Can you finish the game without playing it? No? It's a game. If you have to input gameplay into media, then it's a video game and video games have gameplay.

Because you cant? Your choices and the order of your choice change the game itself. Me playing the game is differnet from you playing the game

holy fucking shit

I love and hate this movie so much

It broke my heart

Don't worry, TF2 will come back to life and glory as soon as they re-buff Axetinguisher.
In all seriousness though, I recently played some TF2 again for the first time in a while and what I'm seeing is that most community servers are dying except for orange, skial, and trade/cheevo servers because the current playerbase are using the casual/competitive matchmaking services instead to get full games up and running immediately. It's a shame really, because being able to jump into that one cp_dustbowl server where everybody knew your name and what your playstyle was is something that's been lacking in most online PC games these days as they move away from user-ran servers towards console style matchmaking for ease of use.
Nemu's Stomping Ground still exists with all its favorite guys though, you guys should look into it so you can suffer fighting Brutus

Then DVDs are videogames, since you have to select "Play Movie" to finish it, good to know

>Me playing the game is differnet from you playing the game
Elaborate if you would.

I think the thing that bothers me the most about TF2 is that the more it gets updated, the more bloated and unncessarily processor heavy it becomes

This is a game from 2007 and it's more demanding than some games that come out today, all because they're too lazy to port CS:GO and TF2 to Source 2

Would you kindly tell me more about it? I'm intrigued.

>game is infinitely repayable
Those two words are bullshit and you know it user. Tetris is "infinite" but are you actually going to sit there and put days, weeks or months into it? Only someone who is autistic would do that.

>if a game needs to rely on story(...)
I'm not talking uncharted or whatever the fuck else that absolutely need a story to be enjoyable or worth playing... I'm talking games that are good AND have a good story, idiot.

My example was Dark Souls because the game play itself Is fun, enjoyable, and in depth. That alone makes it good, BUT it also has a great setting, great level design, good sound track and art direction, and lore that make the experience much more enjoyable.

Archimedes would fuck Bastion's bird up.

I remember my friend called me over the summer to tell me about mann vs machine and for one good week we couldn't fucking join anything. The most we could do was run an offline game of it through console commands, but god the first time you actually saw the bots you couldn't help but feel excited for that shit. A shame it's now one of the extra game modes that Valve doesn't care about anymore, just like Territorial Control or Special Delivery.

>if you can enjoy a game for a long period of time, you're autistic

Yeah, alright. I'm sorry the game doesn't have enough character development and feelings like Steven Universe. But having good gameplay definitely helps.

>my example was Dark Souls
Dark Souls only works because it has good gameplay. Take that away, and the story means nothing. Take the story away, and the gameplay doesn't suffer at all.

Archimedes died inside The Scout after being zipped up.

He sometimes flies out of gibbed scouts

;_;7

I remember reading the behind the scenes blog post on it, and it was going to be a regular interview on how Medic discovered the medigun and ubercharge. It went through hella changes until they settled on making it all about the Medic doing the one thing everybody knows about and that it ubering a Heavy. Too bad his new weapons were all shit and that the game went F2P at the same time

no he isnt dead
He is fine and flies off to return back to medics lab like a good birb

I want to believe the burb is alright.

>enjoying fitting the same shapes into place for months and not wanting anything else isn't autistic

>take the story away and the game play doesn't suffer
Are you ducking retarded? I haven't even been arguing this. You're fucking chasing your own damn tail with this one.

Also
> Implying it isn't a better game when all those other components come together with gameplay

Fucking*

It's not a bad job though. First time seeing this video and it's probably got some of the best comedic timing I've seen in gmod videos so far.

I was too busy fucking around with targe/eyelander for derpkills to actually win games and score points. You wouldn't believe this but when Demoknight shit first started cropping up it was actually very hard to just rush into the enemy's face, kill them, and escape. Nowadays you guys have booties and tide turners and katanas that make you almost fucking invincible when you want to faceroll a group of enemies, before then your health and charge were very precious resources that you actually had to take care of.

fucking this
There is a huge disconnect in how the overwatch heroes behave in game and in movies. They act all friendly pre round like they are childhood buddies and then 30 seconds later they fucking murder eachother

>that moment when they kick open the door, seemingly about to kill the blu team
>then heavy throws demo a shotgun and he has the most evil fucking grin ever
thanks for bringing me back

>enjoying fitting the same shapes into place for months and not wanting anything else isn't autistic

When the alternative is a cinematic experience with a "skip gameplay" button, then it's a better option.

>muh forced feels

Delete your Cred Forums account

>30 seconds later they fucking murder eachother

They even keep their fucking friendly attitudes while killing each other as well. Mei and Tracer with let out a chipper giggle when they gun someone down and it feels so fucking jarring when they're meant to be heroes.

Hard to top the scout though.

youtube.com/watch?v=aJr68U7K-wA

How is it forced? Do I have a gun pointed at your head?

Overwatch doesn't even have gibs life TF2.

Blow up a team with D.Va's nuke and they turn into ragdolls.

>Propaganda

Riiiiight.

>how are two generic tropes put together generic?

*around googles

Because you make good food?

If you want a good example of a great story in a video game, I think Team Fortress 2 fits the bill. Every single story-esque element is there to directly help the gameplay.

>voice lines help your team out, whether you're calling for medic, or telling your engi to put a teleporter somewhere, or whether to tell your doctor to charge uber
>voices, along with silhouettes, allow people to see and hear characters coming a mile away, so you're able to discern what you're fighting regardless of distance
>each character correlates to their abilities. aka engi is a texan with PHDs, so he likes buildings. Scout is a loud mouth, fast-paced boston baby, so he runs fast. heavy is a wall of russian meat, so he's a tank and a DPS class
>medic is insane in medical science, which lets him heal and give wacky uber powers to his patients
>game is lighthearted and wacky so logic doesn't constantly interrupt the game (like why they're all clones of the other team)

And so on.

>LAST ONE ALIVE LOCK THE DOOR
>SOMETIMES YA JUST NEED A LIL' LESS GUN
>STUPID BLOODY SPIES
>TAKE THIS
>AND THAT
>AND THAT
>AND THIS
>BOOM
Meanwhile in Overwatch you have
>D'YOU EVER GET THAT FEELING OF DEJA VU
>RYU GA WAGA TEKI WO KURAU
>NERF THIS
>BUILDIN' A SENTRY
>JUSTICE RAINS FROM ABOVE
waitaminute

Maybe if you get enough (you) at once you will stop posting forever

>>voice lines help your team out, whether you're calling for medic, or telling your engi to put a teleporter somewhere, or whether to tell your doctor to charge uber
Well, there's still a ton missing. I still can't believe a "Sniper!" voice command isn't in the game. Neither is calling for a friendly Pyro, which would help a lot if you are on fire and need to get extinguished.

rip autobalance

That's because the TF2 voice clips are not only short, simple, and still able to fully get the characterization into them, but you can take nearly all of them out of context and build dialogue out of them. Why you think there's so many gmod/sfm/flash/etc videos doing just that with TF2 characters?
Overwatch voice clips are made for the moment, not for repetition, something that Blizzard has always had a hard time understanding. That's partly why many of them begin to grate on you after a good 12 dozen hours of playing.

Did it get removed?

Overwatch is just wwe

>Neither is calling for a friendly Pyro, which would help a lot if you are on fire and need to get extinguished
characters automatically announce loudly and repeatedly that they are on fire

>I still can't believe a "Sniper!" voice command isn't in the game
but this is true

>there are people who don't dress their Engineer as Captain Haddock

>characters automatically announce loudly and repeatedly that they are on fire
In the middle of a fight, those sounds tend to get lost. A way to immediately and quickly tell who needs extinguishing first or at all would be better. I think a marker much like the Medic gets when someone calls for him would work better. Obviously, it would need to have a way to distinguish teammates that are low on health, and should not produce a mark if they aren't on fire, so Pyro-call spamming doesn't become a thing.

>A way to immediately and quickly tell who needs extinguishing first or at all would be better
Well, they are usually surrounded by flames

I addressed that point by saying you need a way to tell who is on low health and who isn't.

when you look at a teammate you see their health

Do I seriously need to keep explaining obvious stuff? Do you think a Medic would be able to do their job well if he had to look at teammates one by one to see their health instead of getting a huge marker with a red color indicating the person is dying?

>LAST ONE ALIVE LOCK THE DOOR
Fuck that line is so good

Yeah, and then people started asking for it back after they experienced firsthand how hellish stacked pub matches can be.
Just like Valve to completely cull flawed mechanics rather thab fix them, making the situation even worse.

>Pills kept the spies away

Take that, you one-eyed, bomb-lobbin, cactus-eatin, pot-bellied, punk, bloody, fatjigglin, whoppin big, back-stabbin, lard-armed, creepy, spastic little bloody, blind-eyed, precious little twitchy, pickle-headed, rocket-hoppin, potato-poppin, phoney, two-faced, stealthy, mutant bastard

the description in the update when talking about the quick fix is that "it short circuited after it's first ubercharge and was no longer able to provide invincibility"

Okay I was slightly mistaken. Demo got affected by the moonshine and then this would have happened somewhere along the line.

reminder that Story of a Sentry is still the best SFM video

I just want to hear what the TF2 mercs would have to say while dominating the Overwatch heroes.

Imagine all of Soldier's lines.

This got deleted? I'm sure I remember seeing it when I was reading the comic.

Why did TF2 have such GOAT writing?

>tfw one page of the TF2 comic has more heart than almost all other games

>yfw "You are a professional, son. Now give em hell"

I honestly found Disruption to be way more clever than I expected for a video in the humor category. It's short and simple, and it managed to make me laugh.

but he was just hallucinating

>mfw
FUCK, thanks for reminding me

I really think the purpose of it was to leave it as ambiguous, and not really say one or the other was necessarily true. Medic's explanation just serves to make it ambiguous.

>Proceeds to bait
>Gets, count 'em, 28 (You)s (excluding the free one I gave), for God knows reasons.
Is Cred Forums full of children? What the fuck?

>IN MY DAY WE HAD TO SHOOT AT OUR FEET TO FLY LIKE THAT
>FLIGHT'S CANCELLED, AMELIA
>YOU CAN'T FREEZE ME I'M ALREADY COLD-BLOODED
>THIS IS A MAN'S WAR, GRANNY, GO BACK TO KNITTING SWEATERS

Excellent.

>FLIGHT'S CANCELLED, AMELIA
I don't think I'd ever get tired of hearing this

10/10 would dominate people again

Hey, you are pretty good!