Tekken 7 won't have cross platform play due to cheaters on PC

avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2016/9/23/high-chance-cross-platform-play-may-not-be-in-tekken-7-at-co.html

>It's not a matter of the technology for getting the PS4/XB1/PC players to match up against each other being the issue, but rather first party company policies and potential security risks alongside the community perceived reputation of PC gamers being cheaters that is hindering the decision to allow cross platform play as explained by Tekken project leader Katsuhiro Harada on Twitter to a fan question.

Disappointing as fuck. The PC playerbase will die in a month without cross platform play.

>The PC playerbase

PC playerbase for fighting games is always shit or non-existent.

Why did Sony allowed SFV then? Why did MS allowed KI?

PC is just being the scapegoat but the truth is that they just dont want crossplaying between Xbox and Playstation.

Both xbox and playstation already approved, released and continue to work in new games with cross playing between them and PC.

>PC playerbase for fighting games is always shit or non-existent.
Ok, how many people play Darkstalkers weekly on consoles? Oh none? Well, I can always find matches on pc.

The real old school FGC is exclusive to pc.

Console just have bigger communities on the latest games. But older games just die.

I'll just play it offline with my roommate.

That sucks. Sonygger here, how COULD you cheat in Tekken? Is that even possible?

Good, fuck the PC playerbase.

infinite health
1 hit ko

shit like that

Duh. All the major competitive scene revolves around current games, this isnt rocket science.

Dark Stalkers is a dead game with a dead community, let it go.

Was gonna buy it on PS4 anyway

I was playing Vampire Resurrection yesterday and there were loads of people online on PS3, stop talking out of your ass.

>implying cheating on a console is impossible
can't wait for people to start using godmode/bot on console and blowing their argument out of the water

People still don't cheat on TTT2 yet. On PS3 at least, I play that game almost every day.

so PC version pretty much confirmed irrelevant for anyone who plans to play seriously.

that's stupid, those sort of things will get people banned.

I can't remember anyone, ever cheating in any tekken on any playstation yet

The PC community will die regardless. Just look at SFV numbers on Steam.

might be because it's an irrelevant game that nobody cares to cheat in and the only people playing are the people that want to play it legit

As a PC gamer I honestly don't mind this decision. A lot of people DO cheat on PC and I can't fault them for not allowing crossplay.

>as an x, I think

nobody cares, redditor

>Dark Stalkers is a dead game with a dead community, let it go.
On consoles, my friend, on consoles

>I was playing Vampire Resurrection
I completely believe you were playing a bad entry on your console. Luckily for pc users, we have all of them, including the good ones, and they all have people

epic

>s-s-shut up, i-it's an irrelevant game a-anyway...

fukkin pc peasants ruining everything

what was the point of that greentext?

>Resurrection is bad
When did this meme start? Also, I like most people have a rig too dickhead Vampire Resurrection just recently came out on PS+ in my region that's why I brought it up.
>pc only fags are this hostile
Join the idiort master race you poor fag

It's at around 2,000 right now

It didn't sell gangbusters due to word of mouth, reviews and Capcom incompetency, but neither did it sell very well overall.

What Takken cheaters on pc are they using as reference? Was Takken 6 on pc?

How's tag2 irrelevant? It's the latest Tekken for home use. Not mad, just curious user.

Why even bother releasing it on PC then

>The PC playerbase will die in a month

Nice. A good cancer is a dead cancer.

He's referring to Street Fighter, harada and ono are bffs. Harada won't be releasing any future Street Fighter games on PC because of all the cheating and piracy. He's a fucking slimy Jap cunt.

Can't remember facing a cheater in SFV, as soon as a round ends the game cuts out.

Jesus christ. Another rule breaker! Where the fuck are the mods?!

every other online game can deal with cheating yet nips flip their shit and blame a whole userbase for their failure as a company to support their product. Also >fighting game >piracy

?

>the real old school FGC
>DSP calls them out as being shills for capcom or shadows of their former selves
>says he's the only one that has the guts to say that fighting games (now) are shit
>calls himself the "Edward Snowden" of vidya

I have never seen anyone cheat in a fighting game.

So now that pirate boogeyman is non-existent for PC they're now complaining about hackers/cheaters?

He is right. And you can only experience the old school games on pc with more than alive communities.

Have fun with your nu-fgc on consoles

well it's a tekken game, a tekken tag game at that
released in 2012, and only on last gen consoles

that's about as irrelevant as it gets for fighting games

It's not for cheaters but for modders. They dont want people to get costumes for free

Fuck off google

where has any of that been posted in this thread

Oh sorry, I misunderstood irrelevant, sorry my English isn't the best. You are right! I enjoy the game still though because my friends have it and still prefer to play it even with the recent fighting games on PlayStation Plus

This kinda sucks

ps4 the only option now

Doesn't seem like it's his decision alone but maybe you could convince him by screaming loud enough on twitter.

This seems like the more likely case.

>We can´t be assed to hire good policemen to fix a problem older than the sun so we will let this city burn into the ground and destroy all the bridges so it will be out of control and don´t affect the rest of the country

Why bother releasing on PC?

This, anyone that believes this bullshit is a stupid nigger. The only possible explanation for it is but even that's easily dealt with by encrypting the files or using a custom file type.

What does clothing mods have to do with multiplayer? And if that were the case they would just cancel the PC port.

Ahahaha he thought his opinion cared

Is the best character gonna be in tekken 7?

Was planning to pick it up both on the pc and ps4 anyway, so it doesn't matter for me
Most of my buddies are mustards, but ps4 will have a larger playerbase in a long run, so it is what it is