Atmospheric Games

What is your favorite atmospheric game? Mine is Oblivion, can't beat this ost for walking around. youtube.com/watch?v=NxSko6vvWGc
And don't say Journey or LIMBO or any of those games that were trying that hard to set up atmosphere. Just games where it all seems natural.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qH4XH-AEYzo
youtube.com/watch?v=tlmH-unczPY
youtube.com/watch?v=gOdgQpxFmnw
youtube.com/watch?v=b4U4vr_Ra3o
youtube.com/watch?v=qqpTq9_rf_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=tLUOmqFIlc4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>games about walking
You don't have legs in real life faggot?
Games are for fun, not some kind of artsy walking simulator bullshit

>calling Oblivion a walking simulator

Stalker.

>can't beat this ost for walking around
You obviously never played Morrowind.

That said, The Oblivion OST is also great.
Whatever happened to Skyrim?

Nothing? Skyrim has the best OST of the series with the dragonborn dlc.

b8/8 my m8

Are you retarded?

Considering Bethesda games are actually garbage and Oblivion is the one I played when I was younger, I have nostalgic attachment to it.

That's what I assumed.

The Morrowind OST is better - It's somewhat similar, but with a more "melancholic" and "longing" tinge to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=qH4XH-AEYzo

Rust while not being in a VoIP and with music disabled.

It's a meme to like w3 right now but skellige and toussant have god tier atmosphere.

Oh I am sorry, you can as well ride a horse there, and you can buy armor for that horse for shekels so kikes at bethesda will not die from starvation
I do not know, are you?

I don't even have the horse armor dlc

Sorry but skyrim has the best atmosphere and ost. You can bitch about everything else buy can't denied that.

Yes, I am aware that this is a bait thread.

It looks better, but Morrowind has the best OST AND atmosphere, Oblivion has a pretty decent OST and Skyrim's is fairly shit.

>Morrowind has the best OST AND atmosphere
no it doesn't

Stalker Call of Pripyat, Shadow of Chernobyl, Gothic, Half Life

no atmospheric game in existence will be able to fill the hole inside your heart

>meme to like w3
kek

Witcher 3 is god tier. I have never played such a great game.

Yes, it does.

all I'm going to see outside is pic related

Persona 3 has a god tier atmosphere.

Morrowind looks like shit even with mods the ost is pretty generic. Most people can pick out the skyrim theme few could do that for morrowind. The game hasent aged well.

You "hasent" aged well.
Also, the "Skyrim theme" is literally the same as the theme song for Morrowind (it's the TES theme), only with slight variations in pace and choice of instruments.

Most people are late adopter plebs that don't know about morrowind, so yeah, they couldnt pick out it's ost, but as someone who grew up on that game, i find it way more recognizable than skyrim.

Additionally, there is a big variation of types of environments in morrowind. skyrim just has a few. Also, skyrims cities are small, wildlife is lame, etc. Morrowind has regions that vary dramatically in rock formation, vegitation, and architecture based on the weather and factions.

he should have only 1 eye glowing

>Whatever happened to Skyrim?
Skyrim's ost is alright
but it's so bland it melts in the game, so you don't hear it at all

Are you OP and are you a shill?

>talk about atmosphere but not about THAT atmosphere
nice thread faggot, spread you gay on Cred Forums, this boards fucked enough without your shit

>Morrowind has regions that vary dramatically in rock formation, vegitation, and architecture based on the weather and factions.
It has swamps and barren mountains that's it. Skyrim had much more variety of landscapes. There are really only two types of towns in morrowind also dunmer shit mounds and imperial generic fantasy. The towns in morrowind are larger but filled with npcs that have generic dialogue and add nothing. Also wild life is better?! Fucking cliff racers are the most annoying animal in all video games.

feels bad, мyжик

The whole trilogy

I actually enjoyed walking around in New Vegas. The Mojave Wasteland looks pretty much how I imagined original FO1/2 wasteland to look, but in 3D. Nostalgic atmospheric OST helps, too.

upper cathedral ward in bloodborne

here is the music: youtube.com/watch?v=tlmH-unczPY

You haven't played Morrowind my friend.

Guild Wars 2

Lornar's pass is such a comfy map, its my favorite

youtube.com/watch?v=gOdgQpxFmnw

>Fucking cliff racers are the most annoying animal in all video games.

dragons are literally just overgrown ciffracers

also
>grassy plains
>frozen coasts
>rocky, desertic mountains

Definitely Oblivion

Old WoW.

youtube.com/watch?v=b4U4vr_Ra3o

STALKER SOC, to be fair I was using Complete 2008? mod which at the time I thought was just a graphics and sound upgrade even though it apparently made the game easier. Regardless everything from how lighting worked, to how raindrops hit and the world itself felt still blows every other game I've played out in terms of atmosphere.

Gone Home

>that sweet theme
youtube.com/watch?v=qqpTq9_rf_Q

Makes me want to re-install it purely to drive around listening to this

youtube.com/watch?v=tLUOmqFIlc4