What are the steam controllers like? Does anyone here use them...

What are the steam controllers like? Does anyone here use them? I could get one for only $30 more if I choose to get the bundle while preordering Civ VI, been wondering if it was worth it.

Very fragile, they break extremely easily, even under normal use.
It's like those 3rd party controllers that costed like 10-15 bucks and broke after 2-6 months

yea, it's because it weighs very little weight.
The weight of the controller is low and it's made out of a plastic material. This means it is very weak and fragile. They should add weight to it and make it out of good ol fashioned copper like circuit boards are supposed to be made out of.

Remember when the Steam controller was supposed to kill regular controllers?

It's shit. Not worth the price. Actually not worth any price. If you want a controller get the 360.

They're cheap as shit, made out of low quality, fragile plastic. They didn't even do what most controllers do and put weights in the grips so it at least feels like it's more than a single small board in there.

They're really only good for couch Civ. M+K is still king for anything else, especially shooters.

>people actually play Halo on PC with a controller

>people actually play any shooter on PC with a controller

Why would you intentionally gimp yourself like that?

The steam controller might be as good as a mouse. The only thing that seems almost impossible to do is bunny hop.
Seriously, if you get used to using your TV computer with it it just feels like a weird mouse for your thumbs. The only real problem is your thumb starts to get tired after awhile.
actually, not really surprised people hate it. it seems like a new functional thing that's efficient and refuses to do anything flashy for the sake of convincing retards.

That's not true. I own 2 and am very clumsy, they're more durable than 360pads and Dualshock controllers, but they definitely feel and sound flimsy.

>The steam controller might be as good as a mouse

Whole wrist/and control is always better than thumb control

>and
Don't mind me being a retard, meant hand

It's great for specific things, and it's very customizable. It's not a good replacement for a xbox/ps controller but it has it's uses.

no? because it was supposed to kill wireless keyboards and mouse for living room pc players.

It has completely replaced my usual PC controller in addition to making certain KB+M games couch friendly.

I think the controller keyboard UIs need some tweaking, I can't get used to either one for the life of me.

Just got one yesterday. I like the touchpad mouse thing and I'm looking forward how to use it better. It is very light and feels cheap. But I'm not worried tb h f am

I think the problem is that it resets the position when you let go which is really stupid.

>wanting a right analog stick
disgusting

all I want is an xbone controller with a trackball. why is that so fucking impossible?

>not really surprised people hate it. it seems like a new functional thing that's efficient and refuses to do anything flashy for the sake of convincing retards.
this is how ive interpreted it. gonna get a controller+bundle link for when I move out and wanna game on the couch

I want to build something similar actually, when I finish moving and have time for some diy I'll try it and post results if it is decent.
Personally I'm sympathizing with steam controller creators since I'm trying to find a good way to make possible to use the ball and the face buttons at the same time and it's hard.

I really like my Steam Controller. Aiming with it takes a lot of getting used to. For shooters I only really use it for third person ones because they tend to be more forgiving than first person ones, and I would never use it for an online game.

It would probably be fine for a game like Civ. It will never replace a mouse and keyboard but it's fine for times when you just want to play on the couch or from bed.

The main reason I bought mine was for older games that have no real controller support like Bloodrayne or the first Asscreed. I love that you can just download user made setups for games like that on the spot without having to tinker with it yourself.

Been meaning to try MKX with it since I can't stand the Xbox D-Pad. Even the Xbone Elite controller's circle D-Pad disappointed me for fighting games.