Just finished Link Between Worlds, was pretty good. What are your guys' top 5?

Just finished Link Between Worlds, was pretty good. What are your guys' top 5?

For me:
Skyward Sword
OoT
WindWaker
Link Between Worlds
Four Swords Adventure

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hOo5yr76RJs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>ALBW
>LA
>Oracle of Seasons
>SS
>Ocarina of Time

OoT is probably my favorite, but the rest all wrestle for 2nd place, imo.
>OoT
>ALBW
>Seasons/Ages
>LoZ
>LoL (still need to beat it, though)

>>LoL (still need to beat it, though)
I'm drawing a blank, which is that?

>LoL
Did you mean: Adventure of Link?

I actually just finished it a few days ago.

7/10

ALttP, ALBW and OoT are my favorites. Zelda 2 and Tri Force Heroes are way too underrated.

Zelda 2 maybe. Tri Force Heroes is shit, it doesn't count really as a Zelda game as there is no real progress. You beat maps with your friends/strangers and get new items, that's literally the entire game.

1. Majoras Mask, I never have a bad time with this game.
2. Wind waker, this would be number 1 if it wasn't for the triforce charts.
3.Oracle of Seasons/ Ages linked quest,
I'm going to cheat and combine those two because they are like a full fledged console Zelda experience.
4.Alttp
5.links awakening

I know strange list but these are the Zelda games I'm almost constantly replaying every year.

A Link Between Worlds was shit.
>achieves non-linearity in the laziest way possible (by making ALL TOOLS/ITEMS purchasable from the start)
>dungeons are piss easy and aren't exciting to go through since they don't bear any new tools/items
>so easy, you can buy all the tools/items and not die like an idiot would to such a casual-tier game
>no noteworthy or likable characters
>rehashing of ALttP's overworld, sound effects, music, etc. (pretty much feels like a nostalgia cash-grab, in general)
Don't bother giving me that "BUT IT'S THE FIRST GOOD ZELDA IN A LONG TIME" shit.

Thought it was Legend of Link for some reason. My bad.

No particular order

>MM
>Link's Awakening
>Link to the Past
>Wind Waker
>Ocarina of Time

fucking loved Link's Awakening's music, plus the characters were pretty good.

youtube.com/watch?v=hOo5yr76RJs

In no particular order:

Majora's Mask
OoT
Seasons/Ages
Original Game
Adventure of Link

Never played Link's Awakening, never finished Wind Waker or Twilight Princess, but if I stopped being lazy those are possible contenders for me

now that I think about it, one of the main reasons these games are favorites is because of the music. Name me a soundtrack out of any of these games listed and I can and will hum to you the music. Ask me one of Skyward Sword's tracks and I wouldn't even remember the name of the track and what part of the game it was from.

Didn't realize people liked the original game that much

Twilight Princess
ALttP
Majora's Mask
ALBW
OoT

I'm ready to be criticized.

Not OP but I enjoyed ALBW more than ALttP

Why wouldn't they? It was simple, fun, and easily replayable with a lot less NES bullshit in it than most titles around that gen.

I agree with all your points but its still a good game. It just definitely has no business being on anyone's top list

>MM
>Skyward Sword
>ALTTP
>ALBW
>Oracle of Ages

I can't say I outright dislike anything from the series though

list is fine but I'm curious as to Twilight Princess being one of your favorites. I liked the game, but looking back the game was just terribly bland.

The world scale was huge and some areas looked great like Lake Hylia and parts of Hyrule Field, but damn, some areas are just boring as all hell. See: Death Mountain summit, Gerudo Desert, literally the part of hyrule field in which you fight Ganondorf. I had some serious gripes with the areas. Areas that you only go to once and there's nothing to interest you to go back except for the story.

Link's Awakening
Wind Waker
Hyrule Warriors
Oracle of Ages
Twilight princess

Probably because it panders to people who play mobile games.
The game can be easily picked up at any time, played in short bursts and requires no challenge or thought.

I admit the game itself had a lot of flaws, but I seem to have this unexplainable hard-on for the kind of dark premise and setting that Twilight Princess makes use of. The whole Twilight Zones/World of Twilight areas somehow stuck to my memory more than almost anything else on any Zelda game.

It's why Majora's Mask is also pretty high up.

>The game that brought back actual puzzles to the series and even incorporated them into a lot of the boss fights
>No thought

It objectively requires more thought than most of the titles out there. Just how wrong can one person be?

Wrong. I never play mobile games. My first Zelda game was actually Ocarina of time.

>Not remembering Fi's song or the ballad of the goddess

C'mon, user, you may not like SS, but it had some baller music too

This, very solid list

In no particular order:

ALttP
OoT
LA
Hyrule Warriors
TP/WW - I can't really choose between these two and I feel like they go together in a weird way because they accomplish things that the other failed to deliver on.

Did you play WWHD? Genuinely curious how the triforce chart quest plays out in HD since I haven't played it myself.

Also I hear the triforce chart is made more manageable if you also limit yourself from exploring the map at all until you have to do the triforce chart quest.

>brought back puzzles to the series
I don't like SS, but not all of its puzzles were brain-dead. Also,
>even incorporated them into a lot of the boss fights
This is what makes Zelda boss fights shit, though. The boss fights where they're just puzzles are garbage while shit like Goht or any other boss where you actually have to use skill instead of "le puzle selvig" are the tits.
Well, congratulations! You got a taste of what mobile games are like.

"all tools/items purchasable from the start"

That was never true. Why do people keep saying this? And besides, it's not like you can just purchase all the items at once, it's a considerable grind for some items, especially the fire/ice rods.

>This is what makes Zelda boss fights shit, though. The boss fights where they're just puzzles are garbage while shit like Goht or any other boss where you actually have to use skill instead of "le puzle selvig" are the tits.
Twinrova, King Dodongo, OoT Ganondorf are some of the best boss fights in the Zelda games.

It's tough for me to choose my top five, mainly because I haven't played all of them at any recent point. And from what I can remember, I enjoy a lot of the games quite equally.

For now, my list goes
>Majora's Mask
>Wind Waker
>Link to the Past
>Adventure of Link
>Minish Cap

I have no strong feeling about this list though. Majora's Mask and Windwaker might stay in their spots, but the rest of the list is pretty much interchangeable for the most part. Except for Skyward Sword, though it had its moments.

>Twinrova
>King fucking Dodongo

shiiiit taste broski

What are some of your favourite ALttP boss fights?

Replaying skyward sword, it really is only fi and the motion controls that ruin the game for me.

It changed like one or two things for the triforce quest, I still don't like that part of the game but its more bearable.

I'm and isn't me.
IIRC all of the boss fights are good. I can't remember any of them being a lame puzzle.

Ocarina of Time
Link's Awakening
Wind Waker
Majora's Mask
Oracle of Seasons (although if you consider it one with OoA, I'd say its better than Majora)

That said, I think every Zelda game is good with the exceptions of PH and ST and even both those games have redeeming qualities about them.

1. Oracle of Ages
2. Oracle of Seasons
3. Link's Awakening
4. Alundra
5. Ocarina of Time

1. Link's Awakening
2. Last 2/3rds of Twilight Princess
3. Oracle Of Seasons
4. First 2/3rds of Wind Waker
5. A Link Between Worlds

King Dodongo is boring and repetitive.

>For me:
>Skyward Sword

1. OoT
2. ALttP
3. LoZ
4. AoL
5. WW

I've only played 7 of the games total; MM wasn't one of them.

No particular order:
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Link's Awakening
Oracle of Seasons
Twilight Princess

Do yourself a favour and pick up the (New)3DS version, it's great and the fixed a few issues that niggled in the original.