Dawn of War Thread!!! ELDAR ARE HERE

How do you like the new Eldar, faggots?

Faction:
dawnofwar.com/eldar
Lore (+scale pic):
dawnofwar.com/article/faction-focus-eldar

Also, new planet! Building teleportation is back! Space Marines will be getting melee knight as well. Macha is back.
That posed BFG shot by the Wraithknight is my favorite, but all of those gameplay shots look great to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t6mv5wUfGFw
dawnofwar.com/eldar
youtube.com/watch?v=IEGo41443iI
twitter.com/SpaceHulkFPS/status/778959098280804352?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
youtube.com/watch?v=SvbVNuBoBhg
youtube.com/watch?v=vsfKGe0ZtH8
youtube.com/watch?v=LE1wSSZ-iFs
ca.linkedin.com/in/philippeboulle
youtube.com/watch?v=KWIpkrDmpx4
youtube.com/watch?v=8KWuoT2HgFc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Man, FUCK Eldar.

Also, are those synchronised kills in? It's a staple of the DoW series but I don't think I saw any of it in the E3 videos. Also, Gabriel's animations are way too ridiculous. Get on that quickly devs.

>are those synchronised kills in

No. People complained about them in the previous games so they got rid of them... turns out the half that didn't complain liked them.
I liked them, but at the same time they're adding fancy animations for normal stuff (that sliding robot... fuck) so I don't care.

So they're space elves, and are major dicks to humanity.

Fuck them.

Wait, can you?

Are there half edar/humans?

Used to be in old fluff.

Yeah but the fancy animations are things straight out of DMC or Vanquish though. I liked the sync kills because they deliver that meaty impact and satisfaction of a kill. I love seeing Eldars get burned or stomped to death.

dead thread

>Units so far
Farseer Macha
Howling Banshee leader unit. Possibly Jain Zar.
Bonesinger
Rangers
Dire Avengers
Howling Banshees
Shadow Spectres (First vidya appearance)
Wraithguard
Wraithblades
WraithLords
WraithKnights
Fire Prisms
Vipers

>Why DoWIII makes me sad
They show one large battle and it is impossible to tell what the fuck is happening. Every attack glows, and even movement triggers a rainbow of particle effects. It's visual vomit.
Melee units seem to have one attack animation. Some units, like assault marines, have a longer animation of three attacks, but it's still just a the equivalent of a looping .gif.
Speaking of animations, look at the Heavy Bolter marines firing at the WraithKnight while its Firan itz lazor. That shit is like 4 frames of animation.
Hero units are retardedly strong. They are shaping up to be worth 5 squads of regular dudes.
No grit in a 40K game!
NO FUCKING SYNCH KILLS HOLY WHAT GODAMN!
Cover systems from both prior games are removed, replaced with sections of the map that just boost your unit's HP.
Three factions. Just announce a season pass, already so we can know how much you're cutting.

I honestly would not believe that Relic made this game if I didn't see them defending these design choices so they could get the MOBA crowd.
It's the most disappointed I've ever been in a game or company.

True, but the way RTS games work, it used to be 2 minutes of them flailing weapons at the air instead of their opponent followed by a 5 second animation.
The animations are pretty impersonal for much of the same reason and the impact is partially lost, BUT at least they happen consistently, not only after the fight is over and don't tie the units down.

Obviously, I long for the day when someone puts in the effort to design tech that allows for actual melee combat outside of pre-determined animations in RTS games.

>Dire Avengers
Also the first vidya appearance... and where did you get that list from?

Also, if you think melee animations are bad, just find some sync kill video from previous DoW games and don't skip to the sync kill part for all the "amazing" animations.
It's why most RTS games are set in sci-fi now... melee has been stuck in the same place it has been since Warcraft Orcs and Humans.

>the first vidya appearance
Supposedly you can play as one in Eternal Crusade.

Who gives a shit about that Chinese-level Brazillian Space Marine knock-off?
Please tell me you didn't pay for that scam.

I said "supposedly" because I've seen a webm on Cred Forums. It didn't look THAT bad. Very colorful, though.

>2.2m

Fuck, I didn't know Eldars were HUGE.

>Cover systems from both prior games are removed, replaced with sections of the map that just boost your unit's HP.

Just like in DOW1 then

>Macha
>Not Taldeer

youtube.com/watch?v=t6mv5wUfGFw

>Taldeer

She's been killed, user.
Retribution Eldar campaign has you playing with her brother? (the ranger) to recover the soulstone.

what the fuck is this shit

>no avatar
im worried

nigga what the fuck did i just watch is this cringe

Nobody cares about joke Avatar. Everybody cares about Rapeknight.

>>dawnofwar.com/eldar
I'm just at the part with Macha this fucking looks and reads like an ASSFAGGOTS character page

>Still uses the old ugly mini.
>Useless on the table.
>The only use in the game was to park him at home because he had an uber buff.

I'll take a giant robot thank you very much.

It looks great. I mean the snippets of gameplay from the website.

>Goddamnit. I just want the Striking Scorpions/Swooping hawks in. Why wouldn't you include them. They look amazing.
>Re-read list.
>Shadow spectres.
Holy shit.

Especially that bit where they're building a base!
Or that bit where there are armies clashing.
Or maybe when talking about how buildings can teleport.
Or how you can build wraithgates to add fleet of foot.

Oh yeah, you're just a fucking faggot.

>>The only use in the game was to park him at home because he had an uber buff.
He's fairly decent in meleeing single targets, provided you can path him to these. Some armies don't have amazing anti-demon options and he can be hard to kill for them. Using him to soak damage in the final assault is not unheard of.

Who the fuck are these guys and why do they look so damn cool?

Avatar was fucking awesome in DoW1, mate. It wasn't until DoW2 when Avatar became recognized as the walking empty flaming pinata who was too useless to do much of anything.

ORKS WHEN?

>Avatar was fucking awesome in DoW1, mate.

In what mod? I remember it being raped by a lot of the epic units and the MP standard was to just keep it from dying for the buff.
DoW2 solely removed the buff.

Remove Eldar.

>MP standard was to just keep it from dying for the buff
I've watch quite a bit of high-level MP and the Avatar was used in combat.

yeah there are totally armies clashing, base building and teleports shown in that page
It's just Macha and her skillset

Shadow Spectres are a weird lost Aspect Path who incorporate a bunch of factors from the others and smash em into one unit. They're floaty, long ranged, stealthy, anti armor guys

Personally I dislike them but I get the appeal

Just end yourself, mate.

I'd post a guide but you'd say there's only a pic saying, "Buy the fucking rope".

>Macha
>No Ghosthelm
Really?

>A new hero has been detailed. Wraithknight Taldeer is a large Eldar mech made of magic bone that houses twins—one living, one dead—in spiritual union.

Well, Taldeer is in. I take it the pilot is the guy from Retibution.

can't wait for this new 40k assfaggot

Haha wtf. That's cool though, Taldeer was pretty based.

>Taldeer is not to be confused with the enormous wraithknight super unit with huge cannons attached to its arms. Instead Taldeer is a medium-sized wraith lord warrior with a big sword.
Or not...

Don't forget that most eldar units now have fucking force shields making them fucking protoss.
>Possibly Jain Zar.
I hope its generic exarch.

>That fucking Wraithlord power slide

I see now just how much they're going for over the top this time around. I can dig it.

When Starcraft 2 looks grittier than a wh40k game you know they really fucked up somewhere down the line.

>Starcraft 2 looks grittier
It doesn't, it looks like shit.

Cred Forums is 18+, kiddo.

Go watch Bleach and read Naruto fanfics somewhere else.
Or actually install Starcraft 2 because you've obviously never touched that game if you consider this more colorful.

Gabe looks like Arthas with the hammer and cape

He's wrong about SC2, but this game's artstyle did take a turn for the worse compared to the previous two games.

So does DoW3

>being this mad

Cool down m8, ad hominems doesn't make you right. DoW3 looks like it was made with LoL engine.

The thing I miss is the mix of hilarious and cool characters. And I want Gorgutz back, or Gorgutz and Bluddflagg to team up. And removing kill sync is cancer.

>They show one large battle and it is impossible to tell what the fuck is happening. Every attack glows, and even movement triggers a rainbow of particle effects. It's visual vomit.
That's hilarious because their excuse for the ASSFAGGOTS style graphics was to make it
>more easy to understand at a glance

Why can't we get supreme commander warhammer or wargame warhammer or red orchestra warhammer?

>NO FUCKING SYNCH KILLS HOLY WHAT GODAMN!
absolutely abominable

Is this game being made by some noname studio with no budget? Because this sure as hell doesn't look like fitting the standards of Relic/SEGA/CA

>DoW3
>Hype

Pick neither

Relic is going to fuck it up.

I can only bet on Tindalos and Streum right now, and Tindalos has SERIOUS fuck ups in stability, even if BFGA is amazing

Or planetside warhammer, or homeworld warhammer, or sins of a solar empire warhammer.

>Wraithknight Taldeer is a large Eldar mech made of magic bone that houses twins—one living, one dead—in spiritual union.
Twincest fanart/writefaggotry incoming.

>That THICC lower body on Macha
>She's 2.2 metres tall

Delicious big amazons

>Relic standards

After they lost their original devs and their workforce in 2009, Relic isn't anyone no more.

The good old Relic went to Blackbird Interactive and made Deserts of Kharak, which is GOOD, but low on budget even if has high production values

The CoH designer and director is dead. Killed in a crash.

DoW2 was mediocre to bad, so nothing more to be said. CoH2 isn't that compelling either

They lost their edge long time ago. Also they're kinda pussies in using W40k as grim as it was on DoW1.

Do thiccfags really need to insert their gross fetish in every single thing? Eldar are canonically tall and slim lanklets.

Truth.

Look at the curves in her skirt, she has a thin waist and a big ass sticking out

FYI I consider pic related as thicc, I hate those fags that like actual overweight/fat girls

>Farseer Macha
>Howling Banshee leader unit. Possibly Jain Zar.
>Bonesinger
>Rangers
>Dire Avengers
>Howling Banshees
>Shadow Spectres (First vidya appearance)
>Wraithguard
>Wraithblades
>WraithLords
>WraithKnights
>Fire Prisms
>Vipers

>No Harlequins
Guess I'll wait for the expansion.

That's some delusion you have going on there. Eldar actually have next to no ass and have horrifying, lanky proportions. Also that is not thicc in the slightest, what the fuck.

Can't they just pop the stone out and put it in a smaller unit for convenience anyway?

>there are actually space elf fuckers lurking in this very thread RIGHT NOW
One exterminatus was not enough.

>Removing Sync kills

I looked past everything and I get this shit.

I cant believe im saying this but the fucking DARK ANGELS are the last hope for 40k video games.

>mfw the entire situation of DoW 3

I want to like it and I have looked past somethings but all this recent shit is just FUCK

anything thicker starts to get nigger/fat tier shit.

>this is fat

but their cousins are pretty lewd

>This thread
youtube.com/watch?v=IEGo41443iI

>DoW3 looks like it was made with LoL engine.

Engine provides technology and has nothing to do with artstyle underb8 friend.

I want to lick her soles while she whips me with her hair.

I actually wouldn't be surprised at all if Deldar bioengineered themselves to have bigger tits and asses than typical Eldar.

>After they lost their original devs and their workforce in 2009, Relic isn't anyone no more.
>The good old Relic went to Blackbird Interactive and made Deserts of Kharak

Homeworld devs left Relic because of Homeworld 2 being remade into what it is today, user.
Old Relic and Relic that made Dawn of War are two different companies.
The guy leading this game is the one who made Dark Crusade.

Realtalk, why do they always focus on adding eldar?

They're Tau tier for the least interesting faction. Plot wise, they cancel out conflicts instead of creating them, and their standard action is evasion and fleeing.

Is it because they field females?

>IG not even in the base game

WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT

>2.2 meters

fucking finally, I always knew eldar were fucking string beans its about time a game acknowledged that

>Can't they just pop the stone out and put it in a smaller unit for convenience anyway?

Not really.
Wraithknights are Evangelions... you need both a pilot and his/her mother (in 40k's case, dead twin).
SO she can become Wraithlord or Wraithguard but not a Wraithknight.

Pretty sure Gorgutz is confirmed.

Because people actually like Eldar?

Banshees are both male and female but we only see females since well they are called banshees almost every faction fields female units aswell. I wouldn't be surprised if they add Shadow Sun when the Tau come

>implying they wont be the first race they add in the next xpac
>after chaos

2 Warbosses is a bad idea.

They both call themselves the biggest baddest and the only thing that will result is both of them fighting over WHO IS the biggest and baddest

>Chaos before IG

Why the fuck would you create an abomination like that

No thanks, we get IG and Chaos all the time. Would rather have Necrons/Tau/DEldar before those two.

>Because people actually like Eldar?
Unconfirmed rumor

>I wouldn't be surprised if they add Shadow Sun when the Tau come

>Shadow Sun
>Not Farsight

>Necrons
>Tau
>Deldar

I actually always thought Tau were an interesting race in the context of how small and insignificant they actually are, yet still capable of fending off Tyranids and Imperials. Their battlesuits are pretty neat too. They also sharply contrast with every other faction for a variety of reasons.

Never liked Eldar, though. They're pretty much the self-important dickhead race.

>They add IG
>yfw the OG Commissar comes back

Exactly. They have a sort of competition going over whose boyz are the meanest and greenest through slaughtering everything else. The whole story is a turn where the real protagonists are the orks and everyone else is caught inbetween the two rampaging sides.

Who fucking cares the game looks like shit

Have they made the graphics not shit?

>we will never get a Company of Heroes 2 type game modeled after Only War

just end my life famalam

New Necrons in the first vidya, potentially a greatly amusing Dawn of War campaign.
New Tau in a game that allows giant robots in and gives them cool moves.
New Dark Eldar simply because of their great new designs.

The lore-innacurate Imperial Guard (Katachans are not units, they're a fucking regiment... the whole point of these are that every guardsman in the army is one of those Rambo fucks) or Space Marine reskins are absolutely shit in comparison.

Chaos army:

>tier 1
chaos renegades and heretics, mass amounts of cheap melee swarming units and ranged blobs wielding conventional guns.

>tier 2
chaos space marines and their variants. lesser deamons and light vehicles available

>tier 3
full on deamon build, able to morph marine units into possessed and sacrifice heretics to heal deamons.

super units include greater deamon of your choice or chaos champion such as chaos lord/sorcerer/plague champion/slaanesh champion

Tau are a terrible addition to 40k and are only there to cater to the weebs. Their awful aesthetic and plotarmor never fail to anger me.

Well Tau also opened gate to own city to, guess who... Necrons... want to know why? Because they though they are friendly. Dunno how about you, but I wouldnt play band of THAT retards.

Retribution shafted the IG hard.

We were gonna get Tallaran,Elysian, and actual death korps units

>Because they though they are friendly.

And that's weird, how?
They killed the invaders on the world and could have easily, you know, lied to Tau for shits and giggles.

Just look at Kroot... these guys don't really give a fuck about your looks as long as you agree with them and help fight baddies.

Farsight is the only good Tau hands down end of question

user the catachans can mix in with other regiments. Often while they operate on deathworlds. Just about any regiment can requistion a guardsman variant to fight by their side as long as they have a good enough reason, and a high standing in the Guard. That's one of the guard's strengths they are suited for just about anything when working together.

TEAMWORK RULES

Opinions, man. They were designed to cater to the Japanese tabletop market, but they failed to catch on after many a storefront display in GW's Japanese stores. Funnily enough, despite this, Tau had caught on in the west and the rest is history.

Japanese players prefer Space Marines, like almost everyone else.

I like how that chaos lord gives no fucks about the necron trying to kill him to his left.

It's not like Tau aren't the best faction in tabletop or anything.

Though that's really GW's fault because they can't make new anything for shit.

Being an Ork player is suffering.

Also Newcrons now are like Giants in Fantasy. You can literally play a neutral trader Necron faction.

Awwwwwwww yeahhhhhh.

>and plotarmor
Well kinda, it's pretty established they only get to exist because they haven't met the real shit yet, or the factions are simply dealing with bigger stuff

They definitely have someone at GM that furiously masturbates over the thought of an asian mecha race showing those filthy gaijin how space communism is the best

>They were designed to cater to the Japanese tabletop market
A little ironic since the Imperium is literally Imperial Japan.

Yep. Only Marines are a slightly taller than them.

>catachans and commissars
There's usually a better chance for the commissar to suffer a convenient "accident" before ever getting to fire at an enemy.

More Mary Sue than even fucking Sicarius. Take your pleb opinions elsewhere.

>Make the Eldar faction be from the Biel Tan craftworld
>Unit list has more Wraith units that Aspect Warriors

I'll take anything that is slightly less relentlessly grimdark than the usual tripe.

Now that Fantasy is dead there's no neutral setting for Warhammer anymore.

Most Japanese people actually hate their imperial past, iirc. There's a small movement going on that is trying to revive those militaristic feelings, though.

>FoF only near webway gates
Neat

If the commissar is a big enough badass then they can live.

One example is Colonel Greies

Do the elder get Jain Zar too? In that last bit of the video compilation, that hero character that dives into the marine pile has what looks exactly like her giant shuriken blade.

How the Space Marines march feels so wrong in this, lumbering about like that

>Implying that catachans aren't loyal.

Catachans are on the same level of commisar priprity as Kriegsman. They're just there to monitor them and inspire moral.

Catatchans are loyal alright, but they disdain people who they perceive to be too weak to stand on their own. It takes a real brass-balled commissar to impress them enough to really fit in nicely. There have been cases of commissars assigned to Catachans just mysteriously "disappearing" shortly after attachment.

>The guy leading this game is the one who made Dark Crusade.
No... It means Macha is next. First he killed Taldeer.

or they have a ogryn body guard

>holding a gun the size of a person

He's about to hit it with a bolt of change or some other form of sorcery.

>tfw ogryns are too dumb to use their gun most of the time and it's really just a giant club

>Taldeer is also back

Fucking Relic if you dont bring back Bluddflagg too Im going to be mad as fuck

Well Taldeer is a wraithknight

She goes from fapbait to CLANG now

Heh. Jonah's back. So he did survive Retribution.

And he has both Termie Armour and a beard and mustache.

Or I might've been mistaken here with the armour.

Bluddflagg is not in the game. Gorgutz however...yes.

Didn't older total war games have matched combat animations?

Slightly off topic, but I figure you guys are likely Warhammer fags.

Just got notice that Eternal Crusade is out of early access.

Is it still shit?

can I marry an Eldar?

From what i`ve seen its a bit less shit, but not enough to make me want to buy it.

Yes, they released too early.

Only if you're a heretic.

It looks better

but not nearly enough and needs more improvements

Well I guess his brother is alo back since wraithknights use pilots

>Bluddflagg is not in the game. Gorgutz however...yes.

I know, I want Bluddflagg back too, I want to see more shenanigans between the two trying to outgun the other

Well, that's disappointing

LITTLE

Fuck this looks bad.

If you can take a bolter round the the face, yeah.

>I know, I want Bluddflagg back too
We'll need to wait for info on the Orkz, but I do wonder who'll they put in as other heroes for them apart of Gorgutz.

Maybe Bluddflagg as an ally for him? Who knows?

Man, and the first doujin isn't translated at all. I'm sad.

Do they fuck?

>Reminder that TTS!Emperor blessed a human/eldar union because it would led to the death of half of Ulthwe's population for human's STD.

FUCKING HERETICS

Imagine Bluddflag in an enormous orkified space hulk providing orbital fire support. And just to take the piss out of Gorgutz, he tends to miss on purpose.

I'm a massive warhammer fag and I have zero interest in an arena MMO like that

Is their market people that don't like warhammer?

Maybe when the two would fight alongside each other.

When there is a mission and Gorgutz ain't around, then he'll get shit done in the most Orkiest way imaginable.

>Is their market people that don't like warhammer?

Their market is desperate people with lots of mony and out of touch with reality.

So Gorgutz, probably some Mechboy working a Gargrant or whatever, A Weirdboy/Warphead, and maybe BluddFlag freebootin as orbital support

Space marine had better multiplayer

And it was already shallow, at least it had better orks and dreadnoughts.

IG when

I bought the captains pack back when it was promised to be like planetside 2 but with 40K skins

Now i just want nothing to do with the game. I wish I could get my money back.

>Bluddflagg is not in the game
Yet.
We know each faction has several heroes and Kaptin Bluddflagg could very well be one of them.

I wish Humans and Eldar stopped being so Tsundere for each other and just commit to being full on allies

and lovers

pretty sure Spess mehreens don't have dicks
or i might be misremembering

But that's fucking heresy.

they aren't string beans though, the aspect warriors are usually bulked in the codexes.

i wonder if there could be a game about the cryptus campaign somehow

of course they are major dicks to humanity
humanity is major dicks to them.

>muh moba

DoW2 did that almost 10 years ago

DoW 2 is old now so we can like it. DoW 3 is new though.

Nobody here even knows what moba means outside of "I don't like it"

>i want the same thing over and over and over again.

Why are space marine fighting side by side with necrons?

What would happen if large portions of the imperium started separating and joined the eldar and the tau joined in for the greater good? Would they actually get shit done?

Would love me a Weirdboy...

Yeah. Hoping he'll also have some pillaging ability that gives him a requisition point with each hit/kill and other Freebooter-related abilities.

hot opinions.

all the factions are there to cater to someone.

space marines are for the deus vult muh crusades autists.

>Pagan Shits who worship a corpse
>"Deus Vult"
There's more to crusading than shouting and fighting. You have to have your soul lit on fire, you need to be transfigured.

two necron overlords managed to get in the crossfire of hive fleet leviathan and the blood angels (and a shitload of imperial forces)

they allied with the blood angels out of convenience so they could secure their local superweapon and exterminatus the whole system
they also brought a transcendant c'tan that oneshotted a biotitan and turned nids into mist with its presence

after playing apocalypse mod i realize monstrous amount of units on screen is not actually fun

Would hardly change much, you just get a bunch of more factors involved but the nids would still be nomming shit and failbaddon would still be throwing pretty much the entire CSM forces at Cadia and y'know, fail
and the necrons would still awake

You know Chaos would find a way to fuck it up, as they always do.

twitter.com/SpaceHulkFPS/status/778959098280804352?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

I hope asscannon is as fun and cool as Sulfatum was

But that would be heresy!

correction

Thats the Black Templars each marine chapter caters to other kinds of autists

oh sweet emperor

I hope Chaos gets a mechanic to make enemy units friendly but do less damage

Of course necron and tau fags would just cry "m-muh warp presence" when they get out fucking played

You've clearly never had that friend who walks about twice as fast as everyone else at all times and seen him get stuck behind some slow moving pissant on the street because it actually looks a bit like that.

How is eternal crusade nowadays? I was thinking either that or EDF

This commissar approaches you, what do?

get EDF

Better 40k game than the actual 40k game

I put on my Krieger face.

Though your pic ain't bad at all. The miniskirt makes her vulnerable however.

Apparently, the Emperor made them sterile to make sure they did not replace humanity.

DAngels wear capes for their enemies to grab onto
No one in this setting is wearing rational battlefield clothing, don't get autistic on hers

There was like mention 20 years ago.
That was it.

'Holy FUCK I hate this web 2.0 stuff

That being said this looks great, hope the sound effects/voices are up to snuff too.

>Farseer Macha is back
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Titan's lance recoil him when he crouches
holy shit thats neat

what's EDF?

Imagine marrying a monkey that lives 1/10 of your lifespan at best.
That's what getting into a relationship with a human would be for an eldar.

Earth Defense Force. Specifically the 4.1 game.

>Sliding Titan

Fuck yeah

damn the imperium got fucked in this fight

It's not a Titan, those are even more huge.

oh fug sorry I thought they finally introduced them this game
Wraith Knight it is

Maugan Ra when & where

Mostly because the necrons were really late to the fight, in fact, they escalated it and ended it, the nids had already nommed the shit out of the imperial soldiers beforehand and they were only saved because Anrakyr the Traveler was waking up Zarathusa's tomb world, which then got attacked by tyranids, but those nids were absolutely destroyed.
Neither of the necrons brought out their full army, since there were only 3 named necrons in the book anyway, they just secured the relays for the Starflame superweapon. None of them really died either, they only got sent to their crypts, the cryptek that was arrogant as fuck was.

Honestly I don't see where the obsession with Titans.
They only work at epic scale and you just lose all normal units at that point.

Unless you pulled some Starcraft/Warcraft scale where every unit is the same size but then... what's the point?

youtube.com/watch?v=SvbVNuBoBhg
You can also sing with your squadmate: youtube.com/watch?v=vsfKGe0ZtH8

But what if it's a monkey that looks exactly like you

So do the new necrons have personalities and objectives? I thought they only wanted to fumigate the galaxy because other beings were pesky.

>So do the new necrons have personalities and objectives?
the leaders do, but there are still plenty of necron warriors that are terminator machines without a conscious

Hey man I liked Epic

Old necrons wanted to turn the galaxy into a giant farm for their C'tan overlords though.

But yes the new ones have personalities, well, most leaders do, the grunts and some entire factions are just mindless robots, some are crazy, etc.

Because lets see how far they can make things cool and ridiculous

Eldar look like humans only in the general outline. Their facial features and motions are supposed to be completely alien.

Yeah.

Basically, the lowliest Necron warriors are the only terminators left now.
Everything else is on a scale of intelligence and these guys have a good sense of humor.

Basically, imagine the Reign of Chaos Undead campaign for personality.

It's very mixed, some necrons are insane terminator robots, even the lords and overlords, some are not and can act smart and etc.
Zarathusa wasn't keen on allying with organic shits at all, only reason he did was because Anrakyr pressured him and there were 'nids in the system, which meant he didn't want to have literally everything as an enemy.

>those tiny ass titans
Outta my way, xeno fucking shits

That all went out the window when numerous different licensed work portrays them as Elves.

Hey, Juvenat exists.

>Basically, imagine the Reign of Chaos Undead campaign for personality.
That's actually a really good comparison

I refuse to acknowledge this.
Eldar are not supposed to be Space Elves, they should be """"Space Elves"""" at best.

>more BLAT RAEVENS (which I like but)
Why not blood angels?

Same with the Chinese

I do too, but it doesn't work at anything resembling DoW-scale. They dwarf and instakill all those units.

fair enough

Why not Black Templars?

There is Regicide. The Blood Angels are the protagonists there.

>she actually has the face stripes that /tg/ added in drawfaggotry back in 2007
Holy fuck.
Wait, this means someone from relic has to both go here and be on the project for this to have happened. THIS MEANS ONE OF YOU FAGGOTS FUCKING WORKS THERE, AND YET ALLOWED THE GAME TO GO TO SHIT! YOU MOTHERFUCKER, YOU BETTER BE TRYING TO FIX THIS.

Originally to have an out if people didn't like the B Ravens/DoW games. It meant the hate wouldn't transfer to established chapters

shh

The stripes were described in a novel.

It is a well known fact that some of Relic staff lurked on /tg/.

There was a quote by "Vindicare Assassin LIIVI" in some 40k book.

Alot of /tg/ memes got into cannon

>something comes from Cred Forums and can't be seen through any other means
Literally type "farseer macha" in the search engine, fuck

Ahh thats understandable

DRIVE ME CLOSER was a relatively popular 40k meme. Hell, it even is a commissar response in DoW 2 if you send him to a transport.

>Ecclesiarch. You are guilty of the following crimes:
-Amassing huge wealth from taxes that are way too high for civilians to the point of having them live normally to serve the Emperor.
-Denying them safety from Slaaneshi Daemons or at least denying them Lasguns and Chainswords to fight back in The Emperor's name.
-And finally indulging yourself in decadent acts that resulted in accidentally summoning said daemons.
>How do you plea? Swift answer, for my blade may or may not spill your wretched blood.

>The fucking flamer pushes the genestealer back

Deathwing is gonna save 40k

To be precise in one of the 1st ED Dark Heresy books. There was even a picture of a Vindicare stalking a female Eldar Farseer.

Will the blood angels actually have to fight the (very splintered and necron'd) leviathan tendril at Baal anytime soon?
GW needs to advance the plot already jesus fuck

>/tg/ memes
>suitable for anything other than a 6 feet deep pit
Although, that's Warhammer 40k we're talking about here. It can't really get worse than it already is.

I remember one of the Relic devs saying they spent a long time trying to convince the GW people to let them put that quote in the game.

Really? That's hilarious.
>b-but you see, it's a reference to an internet demotivator... demotivators are those funny black-framed images...

Are Cred Forums memes any better?

>TFW too poor for the tabletop game
I guess vidya will do...

If your lazy go to Ebay they sell squads for cheap sometimes

For example I got this for $40

A box of regular tactical marines are unpainted and assembled for $35

THEY'RE PRICEY AS FUCK

FUCK

Cause I like building stuff too.
Thank christ 3D printing will kill GW soon.

That's /k/, user.

Why on Earth would you want to get into Wh40k?
It's a terrible, horribly overpriced game.
Unless you do it to make really cool minis, you're in for a massive disappointment.

For a time, the best way to piss off the Blood Angels fans was to confuse them with the Blood Ravens. Also a piece of loot from DoW II said that for a incident involving the magpies becoming berserk for a while, they thought that Sanguilus was their Unknown Primarch, until some Apothecaries shoot down that theory.

Taldeer is canon dead.

Suck it, LIIVI

In about 10 years

i have the paint skill and tools
but 0 interest in them

This picture is now my twitter header.
Love it.

Yes, they actually are. I guess that's because autism of Cred Forums is restricted by video games themselves, who are only flexible to some extent. /tg/'s autism is unbound, because in traditional games the only limit is your imagination, which generally leads to rather poor scenarios.

WHO /WAAAGH GORGUTZ/ 'ERE?! ZOG DAT STINKIN GROT LICKIN FREE BOOTA!

commisar, aren't you supposed to be wearing some carapace leggings or something? Or are you so used to the guardsmen groveling at your feet taking the bullets that you don't wear it anymore?

>Taldeer is canon dead.
You mean CANON WRAITHKNIGHT

THAT JUST MAKES THEIR LOVE EVEN MORE TRAGIC AND GRIMDARK

(he's an assassin so he probably doesn't have that much sex drive anyway, and he can always hump her wraithbone leg when the brother isn't looking)

>That's /k/, user.
To be fair, /tg/ and /k/ have massive overlap

NOBODY ZOGGIN' CARES YA GROT

SHOW US DA ORKZ

Because the models are cool to build and paint

The new Death Watch shit is great

mad smurf mad because he ain't getting any cold wraithbone action

SHUT DA ZOG UP YA GIT! WE IZ BEING SNEAKY IN 'ERE!

They both think they are experts on everything, but are wrong to some degree 9/10 times?

People like you who scream autism at anything at /tg/ are the reason why /tg/ is full negative fucks all the time

Alright maybe some writefags and drawfags made cringy shit and it was a different time but fuck you

So yesterday an user posted about what an ork lawyer would be like. What about an ork cop or an ork psychiatrist/counselor.

>In Retribution, she comes in the form of a soulstone. It is revealed in the Eldar campaign that she was taken prisoner by the Blood Ravens, most likely following the events of Dawn of War: Dark Crusade where she was "interrogated" by the Blood Ravens under the supervision of Azariah Kyras. According to Kyras, she was tortured and finally executed on Kyras' order. The exact details as to why her soulstone was present/on her person at time of execution are unknown, but it is later revealed Kyras kept it as a trophy on his personage which the Eldar recover in their campaign. It appeared that she's the sister of Ronahn and he brought her to her people.

imo the whole THIN YOUR PAINTS meme is actually really useful

>there will never be a 40k death race game

Why live?

...!

Cred Forums is full of normies who only like 40k, and being a 40k only fag is normie as fuck.

I

CATO

You have shit taste in ultramarines bub

SICARIUS

There are good Ultramarines?

SHALL

>I only listen to shitty /tg/ memes of how Ultramarines are dicks

They are DICKS

but they have a few in their ranks who are good

Ventris is pretty chill

edgy 40k seinen animoo when?

>Those tau in close combat.
>With orks.

So those are the killdiest guys in all of 40k, right?

Well, except fo that one time he freed the motherfucking Nightbringer.

...?

Nah Farsight enclave

They actually into CQC

He also has an anime as fuck warband

...~

.......!!!

Egyptian skeletons need to leave my board

this is a chaos only zone

>these guys no longer exist
Tomb Kings in space ahoy

reminder that Firaeveus Carron, a chaos commander, could be beaten in hand-to-hand combat by a Tau Shas'o.

(...)

... ... ... ... ...

This just looks retarded

>chaos only zone
>mfw

NECRONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNS

What? Even unupgraded he deals a truckload of damage, with the fucking axe he just rapes Or'es'Ka.

>All these xenos and heretics

we must construct additional pylons

Do necrons actually have pylons aside from that ominous structure on cadia?

>I'm going to stroke my green lightning dick to this

Those don't exist.

Ork society is made to be chaotic and functional so cops aren't necessary.

Orks don't feel existential angst or dread so counsellors/psychiatrists aren't necessary.

Pretty sure the C'tan still had a couple of them around, the necrons can still build them though but the C'tan can't just fucking will them into existence now.
But they have Transcendant C'tans and shards to make it easier, I would bet.

and then in the cutscene when the Tau beat chaos, carron dies in hand-to-hand combat with O'Res'Ka.

>chaos shitters in this thread

not in combat, he just stands there moping because he's the worst fucking chaos lord ever

and it's not a melee attack animation, if you want to get really anal. remember that in DoW troops can fire at each other from a very close range unless you specifically order them to melee

>Impliying the Vindicare did not end as Kyras' personal servitor.
Twisted Metal 40K sounds awesome.
It was only a isty bitsy little shard.
There is a Ethereal that is welcome in the Enclaves because he also fight in melee, he even krumped a ork assault on his own.

>serving an edgy chaos faggot instead of being with an Eldar qt
there's heresy and there's just plain stupid

>There is a Ethereal that is welcome in the Enclaves because he also fight in melee, he even krumped a ork assault on his own.
I love 40k lore, it's just so all over the place, Orks are retard strong and super deadly but one Taulet with a stick kills a couple of thousands of them in melee, one Lictor kills an entire Craftworld, Maugan-Ra alone stops a 'Nid invasion, the power levels are all just "whatever"

What is the most metal faction?
What band would fit them the most?

the eldar work a lot better with this artstyle. the marines pretty much rely on grit, which the style doesnt have, but the eldar dont give a fuck about that. the orks will probably look out of place with the style they're going for, like the space marines. it looks great, however.

>warhammer 40k threads

The faction that has a literal metal album dedicated to it

youtube.com/watch?v=LE1wSSZ-iFs

>What is the most metal faction?
chaos, easily.

necrons have a very black sabbath vibe desu, or 90s era Dio/Late Dio era black sabbath

>Impliying servitors have free will.

>tfw the main director of dow 3 worked on dark crusade as well as dow 2, space marine, and company of heroes 2
looks like the game is actually in good hands regardless of how it might look at times
relic has never disappointed
ca.linkedin.com/in/philippeboulle

People whining about sync kills always annoyed me, and I played DoW2 fairly competitively.

Same as retards in CoH2 when 9/10 mortars miss but 1/10 hits you so you go on the forums and say MORTARS SHOULD NEVER HIT ME. Every once in awhile a sync kill would fuck you over a little bit and that made it some super terrible feature or whatever. Nevermind all those times sync kill invincibility saved you from dying or anything. Those don't count!

>all those games
>dark crusade is the only good one
>space marine is mediocre
>coh2 in space
>coh 2 ever
please stop

I get a Warlock -vibe out of these

If that was really the case Taldeer wouldn't be a wraithknight/wraithlord/whatever.

The regular dudes are meant to be fodder.

The hero units are like DoW2 units.

My guess is the real game is using hero units effectively and fodder is just there to satiate DoW1-tards.

The campaign did. Not multiplayer.

CATO SICARIUS
AM THE KNIGHT CHAMPION OF MCRAGGE, AND AS SUCH, NO FOUL XENO COULD EVER HOPE TO MATCH MY LEGENDARY SWORDSMAN SKILL!

The failed League of 40k mod brings back memories

rts games in general are split into two crowds, one that actually plays the game, and one that just makes armies and watches them fight. and it looks like they're actually listening to the people that play the game. though some of their decisions are pretty eye rolly, like the gabe jumping shit, and the lascannons (which will hopefully be changed...again) its good that they arent listening to the dow 2 fags who just want everything to be dow 2 again but with more units and more this and more that, even though it doesnt work with what kind of game dow 2 is.
multiplayer is a mini moba. every map has 3 lanes, the game was balanced for 3v3, you have a small unit count with commanders that eventually have lots of abilities that you control a lot more than any other unit. it was a moba before mobas where cool.

Assassins aren't servitors.

>all those times sync kill invincibility saved you from dying
those are the times where they fucked up another person's game

I understand why somebody would think a random think like that isn't very good even when it benefits you

how did he manage to beat a transcendant c'tan by the way and how didn't it just erase the fucking grenade it threw the moment he tried it

Tau and maybe necrons will look fine in this game as well but I can't imagine how chaos would look, as nothing about them (or orks) are clean in art style

>Every once in awhile a sync kill would fuck you over a little bit and that made it some super terrible feature or whatever. Nevermind all those times sync kill invincibility saved you from dying or anything. Those don't count!
They do count. As fucking over the other person, who also complained about them. Overall sync kills are a terrible feature for a competitive game. They allow for chump blocking with crappy units, and make bigger, more powerful melee units less effective. Ever brought out an Avatar, only for it to stab at an ork boy, pick it up with its sword, and slam it down, for a total of 5 seconds of lost dps? Yea, that is gonna happen at least twice per game. With smaller units like assault marines and cultists, it doesn't matter nearly as much because of the amount of models, but with a dread, or a great unclean one, or a bloodthirster in dow 1, it most certainly matters, and sync kills are almost always a detriment. They look cool, thats it.

orks look good in anything

Well, people get turned into servitors for gross heresy, so it was either that or being Tarkus personal puching bag.

Well, your example isn't very good as avatar would be invulnerable during the animation, soaking the damage, and you shouldn't really be using it to kill boys anyway.

doesnt stop a good player from just switching their units to the rest of your army while the avatar is focused on skewering that one unit.

It's still there. I mean yeah, tarpitting is a thing but honestly if you're fielding an avatar on your frontlines it's probably not for its dps vs infantry, it's because it's a 15k HP unit with daemon armour, also it can raise a base pretty well. Maybe smash a tank.

and just think of how it would be in dow 3 if your fucking melee knight goes and does a 3-5 second sync kill on an ork shitter. you cant control it, cant back it out, cant do anything, major loss in dps there.

>raise
*raze

well the obvious solution is getting the shooty knight!

why is synch kills not just a toggle option in the menu

Removing something because the Esports crowd ask for it never ends up well

no one would use it if it was a toggle option. how would that even work? you only get matched with people who have it on? sounds like a huge waste of resources for shit most of the actual dedicated playerbase will end up switching off. it isnt like a color, its a shitload of animations that probably take months and months to create.

Is this supposed to be the max unit cap?
Jesus, I thought they changed the artstyle to allow "larger battles"

Sync kills weren't totally shit. Sometimes they helped you, sometimes they screwed you, and they were about as RNG as special attacks.

Special attacks were even more bullshit to be honest. If a shitty unit that had no business being able to beat a better melee unit shat out special attacks at just the right time, it'd win the engagement.

I think specials would be fine if they were more predictable, like in 1 Necron warriors always do an attack that knocks enemies down when they engage the quad for the first time in melee.

How powerful are necron basic troops against the different factions anyway? Weren't they extremely fucking dangerous because they just come back and their weapons ignore conventional durability?

Halo 5 has a fuckload of Assasinations (Special kill animations when you melee someone in the back) that work the same way and they have a toggle because competitive players are too retarded to press rather than hold

I don't know where you are getting the idea nobody would use it, if that were true we wouldn't be having this discussion

And I mean in fluff.

>tfw no redeemer vidya

>most of the actual dedicated playerbase will end up switching off
im not talking about the casual gamers who will play the game for a few hours and thats it. im talking about people who will play the game for a shitload of time. very few, from what ive seen, who are complaining about sync kills being removed, put any real time into the dow games and just want a 40k game, not a good strategy game.

The average Necron warrior is probably superior to every single other "average troop", they're though, they regenerate, and their weapons are the strongest there are.

Their only downfall is that the average necron warrior is about as a smart as you'd expect a killing machine to be, which is not particularly smart, and they're not particularly fast(they're not actually slow in the fluff though).

So if you put a generic necron warrior vs a generic anything else in an arena chances are that the necron warrior would win.

That said, things like Space Marines and Eldar are supposed to be pretty much heroes, even their generic tactical marines and aspect warriors are supposed to be the best of the best, so it would be acceptable for one of them to be able to take out a necron warrior.

But things like Tyranid gaunts, Ork boys, Tau firewarriors and the like are just no match in a 1v1 scenario.

>Chaos is always the traitor legions
>we'll never get playable Blood Pact

>caring about korn anything
>especially when 90% of the art is drawn by some neo-nazi freak

>Guardsmen on arts are always scared, yelling or dying
>Blood Pact guys having a time of their lives
rly makes u think

If you think synch kills is the only thing stopping DoW3 from being a great strategy game then you are in for a treat

>mfw its black legion AGAIN

>Space Marine looks in your general direction
>half a second later you're all red mist
>Wasn't even a loyalist just a really bored member of the Black Legion
Being a foot soldier in almost any sci fi setting is absolute shit. At any moment some salty commander might just say "Fuck it" and nuke the entire continent you're on and you can't do shit.

However
>You and your buddies collective soul gets forged into a Bloodletter.
>Get to take skulls and march in lockstep and maybe chat it up with some Blood Valkyries.
Bitchin

its sync kills, not synch kills. and no, thats not what im talking about. what im talking about is that every little bit helps. from what ive seen of dow 3, it has its fair share of problems. but every little bit helps. and a big way to draw in a sustainable playerbase is to not have the game rely so heavily on rng. its why starcraft 2 is still so successful while dow 1 and 2 can barely draw in a few thousand players on a good day.

>tfw I just want to be screamed at for hours on end

I'm fine with it, we had Alpha and Word Bearers (?) before and Alpha Legion leader was probably the biggest moron to appear in DoW games.

There are actually Traitor Guard regiments where soldiers are treated better than average IG conscripts.

we only get the black legion because youtube.com/watch?v=KWIpkrDmpx4

Eliphas was Word Bearers, basically the only smart chaos lord in existence, Carron was Alpha Legion (?) and he hated metul bawkses so it speaks for itself

It's never going to be the big "esports" rts like Starcraft, starcraft has been going for 10+ years now and is seen as the definition of rts
They should've kept DoW3 just as a fun rts that caters to the people that actually like 40k, the rule of cool should always apply to anything 40k related because all we want to see is shit like this

CHAOS HERETICS EATING ZOMBIES

DoW1s bad population was due to only the shittiest expac getting proper steam Integration

DoW2 is because it's multiplayer is a fucking merry-go-round simulator with the scale and intensity shrunk because some autist complained about Eldar themeparks

Yeah, Carron was Alpha and he is the moron. I can never not lose my shit when I see that cutscene. What was the fucking writer thinking?

>There are actually Traitor Guard regiments where soldiers are treated better than average IG conscripts.

Given the state of the IG regiments that really isn't saying anything.

Don't forget Lord Bale and Sindri from the Alpha Legion (SINDRIIIIIII) and Crull of the World Eaters (who got killed by Gorgutz)

He was thinking of metal boxes, of course.
The real question is what the fuck was up with Boreale

"If we die we die heroes' deaths but we will not die no it's the enemy who will taste death and defeat" always gets me, too. Such an inspirational speech.

The voice acting made it sound stupid as fuck though.
"BATTLE BRUVAS
"SPEESS MEHREENS"
"NO"
"Steel rehn"

What about Diomedes and his BAAAAANEBLAAAAAAAADEEEEEEs

The weird thing is that he's voiced by Paul Dobson - the same guy that voices Gabriel Angelos and loads of other units across DoW 1 and 2. I guess he had a bad day.

they did that with dow 2 and look where it got them. its pretty fucking dead. im not talking about getting the esports scene, im talking about getting anything in general. a game where you can queue for multiplayer a few years after release and it still has people playing it. you literally cant do that with dow 2, you have to use the server browser. the last stand and the elite mod are the only things keeping it alive. going for a game that hooks casual players in with fun gameplay, and more competitive players with sound strategy and balance, is the best way to go about things.

>The voice acting made it sound stupid as fuck though.
I was being sarcastic. It's written stupid as fuck as well, the whole passage is. And then he explains something that he himself states to be a textbook stuff to his troops. "As you know..."

He could actually talk like a normal person some of the time, though. Mostly in the mid-level cutscenes.

and he talked just fine in chaos rising. its just that he has some crazy lines when doing things like spotting enemies.
>it is the STORM TROOPERS
>I've faced more fearsome TANKSSS

BRUVA I AM PINNED HERE

test

AT LAST I'M FREE!
Fuck you Cred Forums mods for making me wait for month for the crime i did not commited!
Fuck you hiro!
Fuck everything!

static ip sucks

you could, ironically, use an actual proxy to circumvent the ban

Wrong, ya git! Boreale and Carron were voiced by Scott McNeil.

Diomedes is the best MARINE

>Dow 2 is 5 years old
I know 515 players in game now isn't amazing but it ain't bad, gotta keep adding shit to keep players coming back.
The issue with aiming it at a wider audience is they have to change things that seem ridiculous to the average person because let's face it 40k is the most over the top setting
Eg the art style of the game is fucking wank but it's like it because it "helps make things clearer in the chaos" how about nah fuck that shit give me grimdark

Would necrons be too overpowered if they got DLC in Battlefleet Gothic?

>Farseer, let us DO IT!
And many people the wrong idea that day.

Keith admitted that Diomedes was among his favorite characters to voice

hope he's back in 3

and starcraft 2 is 6 years old. time doesnt matter if you have a supportive company that knows how to grab both playerbases, and blizzard does know how to do that. they have amazing bot ai, allowing for casuals to enjoy bot matches without stress. they also have the coop missions. I feel like they could have both of these in dow 3 as well. dow 2's ai is practically non-existent, so mp matches with bots is literally the worst. and no coop exists outside of the campaign (which you cant really do with a random) and the last stand, which is fun as fuck, and I hope it comes back in dow 3, but it isnt really the same as actual base building with a pal while going after enemies.

with this, they could 'secure' a casual base, while also having a more hardcore ladder scene for people that want those big multiplayer matches.

desu I wish that DoW1 style multiplayer allowed you both to control units and buildings of each other, that way one can be a commander and the other one can manage resources.

Considering in Tabletop they were the most Killy of them all, no not at all

DELET

>they could 'secure' a casual base, while also having a more hardcore ladder scene
Well they're trying it with DoW 3 let's see how it all plays out
it will crash and burn because the hardcore players will keep to they're 40k knockoff and the casual players always move on to the next random shit, meanwhile the actual 40k fans that would be playing are pissed because you took away all the cool shit in order of a "better playing experience"

Its already unrealistic to see so many Space Marines and Eldar dying in mere minutes. Maybe orks but thats because they're orks.The departure from the more tactical nature of DoW2 looks like that. Its closer to what DoW1 fans consider what Dawn of War should be like.

What happens here?

I'm too lazy for this shit.

Good for you, I guess.

looks like the Ultima Segmentum, home of the Ultramarines, Tau, and the first Tyranid Swarms

lots of necrons there, how do the ultrasmurfs and tau even survive?

Imperial Guardsman fucking when?

only fuckboy fans will complain so much about things like sync kills to the point where they wont buy the game. most fans will still get the game.

Most of them are asleep.

>most of them are asleep
>Sautekh is a fucking active dynasty with 80 tomb worlds and tons of overlords and they aren't very passive either

you gotta remember that the Imperium is made up of a million worlds, so each quadrant probably has 250,000 or so planets for just humans. Then there's the Orks who actually outnumber the humans but are not unified. Orks have huge empires too. There's a lot of planets that are habitable in the galaxy, and although there's giant empires there's always pockets of enemies in their borders.

>You will never be a super human space taliban marine

fugggg

How many necron tomb worlds are there anyway? thousands? millions?

At one point the Necrons ruled the galaxy, not only that they don't require habitable planets since they are machines. So millions minimum.

That's a lot of necrons then, I mean, they were in the war in heaven and all that so it's to be expected, but how many are there usually per lord/overlord?

Nobody's sure. That said, most of them are still busy bickering among each other and the majority of tomb worlds are inactive. Some are so badly damaged their residents can't wake up at all, really.

google they're space elves

>competitive game
kys

Is this game going to be bad?

Dawn of War ended on Soulstorm.

Just wait until is released. Remember that hope is the first step to disappointment.

Which Chaos faction do you guys want?

One of the original traitor legions?

A modern traitor chapter (like the corsairs) we already know?

A new traitor chapter?

Personally I want Night Lords because they get the best novels.

I get thr feeling Geedubs will either insert in the Black Legion again or the Crimson Slaughter because they seem to be stuck in everywhere. I for one would prefer they give a Tzeentch or Slaanesh-themed warband the spotlight, they've done enough with Khorne and Nurgle already.

PENETRATE!

I want a fucking game with the Black Legion, they're basically CSM posterboys but we still don't see enough of them

Necron FTL is weird as fuck, even though apparently shit got retconned into basically being hijacked Old One warp gates, Anrakyr's fleet uses oldcron Inertialess drives (realspace FTL) somehow to outrun the destruction of a gas giant

Did someone say THICC?

I'm a colossal faggot so personally I'd like to see more Alpha Legion, but Night Lords are also cool

As long as Khorne isn't involved i'm happy.

If i remember right, in the old fluff before the newcrons, the necrons traveled by moving the universe under their ships.

It's fucking science i don't have to explain shit.

Basically necron FTL is convoluted as fuck, only reason the necrons ever went into the dolmen gates is because the C'tan known as the burning one wanted to spread his fire masturbation into the webway or some shit
still, they use inertialess drives so they probably don't sit around for years in space, if people like anrakyr did (and the silent king) then they wouldn't be able to wake up the portion of necrons centered around Hive Fleet Leviathan, which is what they are doing right now.

it depends on your system of coordinates, really

youtube.com/watch?v=8KWuoT2HgFc

Didn't the silent king have a sanguinius deathmask or some shit
he said he knew sanguinius or had met him iirc