Why are "reviews" like this allowed?

Why are "reviews" like this allowed?

What game?

Battlerite. More than 50% of the reviews are cancerous meme shit.

because the review section isn't for actual reviews, and before they weren't called reviews

because Gabe is a redditor

Why are humorless faggots allowed to exist?

How's that funny?

people trying to be famous le xd funny meme reviewers, like that one toolbox who pretended to be hodor.

steam is too consumed with memeshit and animu, it's impossible to get an accurate reading on a game based on feedback

>like that one toolbox who pretended to be hodor.

That sounds epic, may I request a link good sir?

Because there's still no law against stupidity.

In the same way that dog food is still technically food.

why do you care
who reads this shit except to find meme posts.
>trusting some random user on the internet on weather or not you should buy something

I completely ignore single sentence reviews. Maybe you should do the same op.

I wish you could filter out reviews marked as "funny" and reviews under a certain character count.

Kids love memes.

DUDE

FREE MARKET

LMAO

>make a well thought-out yet reasonably short review detailing the strengths and weaknesses of the game, and if it is worth purchasing or not
>0 likes

>make a 1-sentence meme and add "10/10" at the end
>1k upboats

Why is this allowed? Why even bother writing a review?

WE

>more than 50% of reviews are cancerous meme shit

I think you should have to do a X/10, just for like Gameplay, Audio, Visual, kinda like the comment section on TPB. Would take like 3 seconds to fill out and be mad handy.

Because a well-written review can actually help a potential buyer make an informed decision rather than give a useless upvote.

Upvote systems have seriously turned adults into children desperate for gold stars.

There should be a minimum letter requirment, so people will have to actually think of something other than "silly/unrelated thing happened 10/10 eksdedede"

Because it's not the text that matters, all that matters is if that person would recommend it or not.

Sounds like an interesting idea, although the scores would probably be inflated as hell

If that's was a horror game I'd consider it a good review.