Name one flaw, Lost izalith and Demon ruins don't count

Name one flaw, Lost izalith and Demon ruins don't count.

Whole second half. DS goes from SotN to every shitty Megaman game after the first.

the whole process of getting to the painted world of ariamis is pretty stupid. content that great has no right being locked behind convoluted puzzles.

Teleporting at bonfires. Yes, it makes things less tedious and easier to get around considering it's a pretty big world, but it sacrifices the atmosphere and the constant feeling of going on an adventure and needing to be prepared.

The first half of Dark Souls even when I play it today it keeps me on my toes because if I fuck up then I have to go all the way back through difficult areas to fix whatever I fucked up.

They made this worse in the sequels with a million fucking bonfires and being able to teleport from all of them at the get-go.

>name one flaw
>these two flaws don't count
Pyromancy doesn't eat stamina and doesn't require stat investment for being kickass.
Battle of Stoicism arenas were ass.
Healing system was shit because of humanity, mushrooms and divine blessings (less shit then DeS but still shit).

You only get the ability to teleport about half way through the game, or even 3 quarters in. I agree though.On another note it's crazy to think anons went apeshit over this in 2012, yet no one discusses Bloodborne or Even DS3. DS2 really left that much of a bad mark on the series.

>name ONE flaw
>except for these two

>no one discusses Bloodborne
Are you new or something?

demon ruins isnt the problem, lost izalith is.

Often looks like a hot mess.

>playing it on console (30fps)
>seath compulsory death is shitty if you saved up after O+S
>online is shitty
>dark bead is instant death to anything

I'm really trying, it's my favourite game. You can poke holes in anything. One thing i would say is god damn how much better the animations and shit are with 60fps. It was meant to have 60.

>process is pretty stupid?
What process? You get the doll. That's it.

It might be me but I remember people talked about DS for a year atleast, and people were demanding a new board for it. I only saw about 3 months of BB and it wasn't that big of a deal. So many anons were disappointed in DS2 me included

Together they firm one flaw of the lazy second half of the game when compared to the first, which is the only real flaw people bring up each time.

Unoptimized as fuck, some areas struggle to pass 15 fps

A lot of retarded design decisions like having to walk on air to climb back up the great hollow

>Secret to return to asylum
>Secret to go to the painting with the doll

hurr

Good job outing yourself. DaS came out before /vg/ was a thing. Of course the numbers of threads would be drastically different. There's far more Souls discussion going on about 2 and 3 on /vg/ than there ever was about 1 on Cred Forums.

Come to /bbg/ friend and indulge in either PvE babby shit or PvP real manly shit.

Read the fucking OP before asking questions

>DS2 haters are this fucking stupid

>struggling to get 15fps

buy a toaster and get 60fps constant, this isn't a blight on the game

Whatever you say BBlover

Blighttown.

Now you have 3

Framerate in Blighttown. Even with dsfix to uncap the framerate (which also somehow increases minimum framerate substantially), that place is painful.

Pretty sure you can buy the doll from a vendor.. If not, use a guide.

>use a guide.
kill yourself

>She clutched this doll tightly, and eventually was drawn into a cold and lonely painted world.

The doll literally tells you where to go. And returning to your starting point isn't much of a "secret" in gaming. If that's too much for you then I don't know what to say. This was a really dumb "criticism" though.

you're a fucking retard

uncap it properly

set it to 60, i have a toaster. Google shit for help before you shit on the game because of how much of a retard you are.

I was wrong, you do have to go back to the undead asylum. But other than that, you're stupid.

>name one flaw
>but not these two flaws that actually matter

Second half sucks ass even without those two areas

>the entirety of Izalith
>Falling Into Holes Simulator is a shit boss
>Tomb is only okay if you brought a light source, it's unbearable otherwise
>forced damage entering Nito's boss room
>Duke's Archives is a bunch of copy-pasted hallways, the same hollows you've been fighting all game, and is stuffed to the brim with faggot-ass teleporting channelers
>mandatory death to Seth
>Crystal Caves is shit because even the fucking geometry of the floor is trying to kill you and everything is a slip 'n slide of death
>New Londo is cocks because no_clip ghosts are just lazy enemies

The first half is spectacular, and then you get the Lordvessel and its teleport feature which is clearly when the devs stopped giving a shit of making the world cohesive or interconnected.

It was virtually impossible to discuss the game even before it came out due to console war bullshit so actual discussion was very quickly moved to /Bbg/. Even then there were and still are threads that go under the PCucks radars and are actually very good. BB is a much loved game, but you can't say that on Cred Forums because you're automatically deemed a console apologist and a shill.

Figuring out how to get to the undead asylum is not an easy task unless you used a guide. The only clue the game gives you is some dialogue with the crestfallen warrior after a very specific instance, and even then it's unclear where to go.

>use a guide
Try using your head. Crestfallen warrior hints that someone got carried away by the crow. You don't need a guide to realize that you can roll off the elevator on its way up to Parish, and it's pretty easy to find your way from there.

Stray Demon is trial and error bullshit though. There's no reason to stick to the sides of the room, the floor shows no sign of weakness compared to how it looked before you left, and you'll almost certainly get slaughtered on your first try fighting it because you won't have the Crest Shield, your health gets cut in half by the fall, and there's no way to know about its magic explosion that it loves to spam in advance besides guides. Fuck everything about that fight.

The only real hurdle is realizing you have to sit in the nest for more than a few seconds

>buy a toaster and get 60fps constant,
Then get drops in Blightown anyway because it's no a graphics issue and slide though world after ladder use and get stuck at bonefires because it's still not bug free at 60FPS.

Dragon slayer ornstein

The only real hurdle is that leap of faith you make to get to the top of firelink shrine, which is impossible to do if your FPS is uncapped and even then might take a few tries because of the awful jumping controls. The waiting part is a given if you talked to the crestfallen warrior.

Four Kings.

>hey a double feature boss fight, I know what's going to happen here, when I kill one of them, the other is gonna get pissed off and fuck me up
>so I'll whittle them both down pretty low before killing either of them, then finish the fight before any real damage is done
>second phase fully restores the remaining boss's health
I just about fucking exploded.

This.
I'm sorry. I suck at this game.. but this boss is complete and utter bull shit. If it were a back-to-back boss, I could do it.. But the fact that you have two bosses literally rekt my ass. I had to put the game down. I still haven't picked it up again.

You don't need to jump, you can just roll onto the pillar

>Falling Into Holes Simulator is a shit boss
Which boss was this? 4 kings?

>Tomb is only okay if you brought a light source, it's unbearable otherwise
They literally give you the lantern at the beginning of the tomb.

>forced damage entering Nito's boss room
Nito was an easy boss regardless if you had the extra bit of health you lose from fall damage

>Duke's Archives is a bunch of copy-pasted hallways, the same hollows you've been fighting all game, and is stuffed to the brim with faggot-ass teleporting channelers
Dukes archives was aesthetically pleasing imo, but the "copy and pasted" complaint can apply to any souls game

>Crystal Caves is shit because even the fucking geometry of the floor is trying to kill you and everything is a slip 'n slide of death
I liked the crystal caves. It was unique and fun. The "killing floor" is the only difficulty of the area, and isn't even bad when you memorize it. Other than that it's designed to kill you and hope you learn from your mistakes, like everything else in the game.

>New Londo is cocks because no_clip ghosts are just lazy enemies
What?

>The first half is spectacular, and then you get the Lordvessel and its teleport feature which is clearly when the devs stopped giving a shit of making the world cohesive or interconnected.
Isn't it possible to not use the teleport feature? I can't remember.

>find a flaw
>not these legitimate flaws though
>see perfect game :)

Cmon guy

>whole second half and half of the first half
>garbage hitboxes and collision detection in general
>one of the worst pc ports in the history of gaming
>only memorable soundtrack is Taurus Demon
>2 good bosses, Sif and Gwyn
>ugly as shit
>shit enemy AI
>easiest souls game but most tedious and boring one

wew, that was easy.

>Name one flaw
>Except for these two flaws that don't count because I say so.

Enemies can sometimes clip through walls when attacking while your weapons will collide and be useless
Netcode could be pretty bad and sometimes match you with enormous lag issues
It was pretty easy to manipulate your lag in the PvP to get backstabs, etc. if you knew what you were doing
The entire second half feels a bit rushed
Some of the sound effects and textures were kind of shitty e.g. Seath's crystal magic and the lava effects.
Console FPS drops in Blighttown
Some stuff was just a bit TOO well hidden from players. e.g. Needing the covenant or artorias ring to fight the 4 kings; I would have personally had Ingward say something like "The knight Artorias and his faithful companion Sif traversed the abyss". It would at least be a better indication that the clue to fighting the 4 kings lies with the Sif fight. I'm not saying that it was all bad, just a few occasions where the writing was a tiny bit too cryptic.
One of the best levels in the game is almost entirely missable requiring multiple leaps of logic (working out to return to undead burg, working out that the doll can be used to get into the portrait)

>Which boss was this? 4 kings?
No, that was Bed of chaos.

>Console FPS drops everywhere
ftfy

>name one flaw
>flaws don't count

Ah. Gotcha. Didn't really enjoy that boss fight personally

The enemies are too weak and simple. Like, in order for darkwraiths to live up to their notoriety, you have to aggro three of them in NG+++.

>Isn't it possible to not use the teleport feature?
Unless you feel like backtracking entire areas that have 0 interconnectivity between them (Anor Londo, Duke's Archive's/Crystal Cave, Lost Izalith/Demon Ruins) then you are forced to use the lordvessel. Alternatively, you could just use darksign and not really have to use the bonfires but that's beyond the point. The developers want you to use the lordvessel's teleport ability, and this is clearly seen when the game just spawns bonfires after you kill bosses.

>bbbbuuuutttt it doesnt count muh nostalgia lol ds3 is so shit amirite ;)

Places that are possible to get to vs places that aren't, in blighttown there's a wood part sticking out that you should be able to land on(because you can land on smaller things and things that are further away) but you can't, fall damage logic is all fucked up

also I don't like the first Seath encounter at all and skeleton dogs/wheels are stupid

it's my favorite game though so idk