Are you going to upgrade to a PS4 pro if you already own one, Cred Forums...

Are you going to upgrade to a PS4 pro if you already own one, Cred Forums? I'm having trouble seeing the point since I don't own a 4k TV.

I've never seen a 4K TV in someones home

I'm gonna get a dreamcast

i'll get the slim version because it's cheaper

I'm not going to get one personally, and I think it's a bit too soon to push the 4k meme.

I mean, I see that it's in Sony's best interest as TV manufacturers to push the next big thing, but it didn't work with 3D TV and the PSPro's entire thing being the 4k upscaling at a time when 4k isn't particularly over as a TV medium screams of poor decision making and maybe over-confidence. Kinda reminds me of post-Wii Nintendo, where they just assumed everyone would upgrade to the WiiU.

60fps or no buy. I have no interest in the 4k gimmick.

>Kinda reminds me of post-Wii Nintendo, where they just assumed everyone would upgrade to the WiiU
Oh shit it kinda is the same thing

>he actually thinks the ps4 pro can run games at 4k

hahahahahahaha

Gonna need some more compelling Pro gameplay vids and a nice trade-in promo to make me consider it.

Doesn't look like 1080p/60fps will be standard so that kills most of my desire to get it.

>trade-in promo

The GAME one in the UK is fucking terrible. Trade in your PS4 and 5 games to get £150 off the price. Is the PS4 THAT unsaleable already?

Not all games will take advantage of the Pro's upgrade. It's the console equivalent of the New 3DS.

>Not all games will take advantage of the Pro's upgrade
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that all games have to take advantage of the 4k upscaling past a certain date

The slim is kinda sexy I honestly want one of those more >_>

Pretty much. Honestly I'm not crossing my fingers for a good promo deal here in Canada either. I mean they're charging $100 on top of trading in a PS4 for just the PS4 slim or something. It's literally the same console with a different look..

I haven't seen anything on it that is an upgrade. It doesn't run everything native 4k. It has no UHD Player. Computers from 5 years ago can do 4k streaming for free.

All games released after the Pro's release have to make some use of it. I'm not sure how they can bully devs in to doing that, but there you go. They're sounding very early 90s Nintendo in that regard.

Apparently it doesn't take that much effort to release an upscaling patch. Guerilla said they only have 1 or 2 people working on the Pro version of Horizon Zero Dawn. I don't know about performance and fps boosts though..

nah. dont even have a ps4 yet and im still gonna get the slim when its time to buy one.

pro is a meme. a 4k upscaled meme.

I dunno about that, but I imagine there has to be separate Q&A for it which screams of wasted money due to what could, potentially, be a very small part of the install base

It's a fucking scam that milks gamers of their money. Don't fall for this shit. Graphic whores need to fuck right off, just play the damn game

I'm gonna get a Dreamcast

Does anyone know if the slim is quieter than the regular PS4? I might get one if it's quiet than my jet engine launch PS4

>The GAME one in the UK is fucking terrible. Trade in your PS4 and 5 games to get £150 off the price. Is the PS4 THAT unsaleable already?

aren't you better off selling it online then?
150 seems fairly low

If there's any improvement in frame rate then yes. I really hate slowdown.

inb4 >muh patched version works fine

Honestly, I can only more see benefits if I use 1080p with it.
So yeah, I'm selling my PS4 and buying this one.
The way FFXV looks on it was a huge factor.

i did a bit of research and almost all the people that did tests post-release say there's hardly a difference

i was disappointed

it consumes less power though, as if someone gives a shit about that