yup

Last controller broke recently tho ;-;

>Is it working?

hahahahhaha

good one

Yes, I've bought it in 2011.
Yes.
No, I pirate games.

No wonder your games are scratched, you don't even use cases.

>Conflict Vietnam

Not the best one, but still fun to play with a bro

at least its not Denied Ops

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
>tfw 85% of the CDs are scratched and unplayable
If you always treated them like in the photo it's not really surprising.
All my CDs are close to scratch free and playable.

Yes, it's about 15 years old now. It works, and I have most of my games, still. I'd mod it if i had a goddamn IDE adapter.

I play mine daily. I still have tons of games I haven't played yet.

>inb4 stacking games like some kind of retard with limited shelf space

>mfw .hack games are collectively worth over $300

Wish I would have bought them years ago

holy christ look at all of that shovelware

I got all 4 for $25 total at the flea market two years ago. Guy selling a bunch of power tools and shit just had a box of games under the table. Haven't had a good find since. Quarantine is sealed and I'm gonna rip that plastic right off when I get to it.

Sealed Quarantine goes for ~$250 user

>friend's ps2 takes 15-40 seconds to load areas and makes time based minigames unbeatable
>my disc reader has trouble with the initial read but otherwise works alright

Is the emulation of ps2 audio perfected? I couldn't care less about graphics, but sound stuttering and warping kills a game for me.

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
I recently bought sealed copies of Z.O.E. 1 & 2 and KH2 to replace the ones I lost.
Sonic Riders is the fucking shit. Play it at least once a week.

Can't stop, won't stop.

>tfw external HDD hooked up to my slim
Feels good having any ps2 game i want under 4gb

Yea. I also have pirated Silent Hill 3, Gran Turismo 3 and Resident Evil 4. I seldom play it as the noise it makes scares me.

But if you like throwing away money why not buy a used copy and keep the sealed copy?

Yeah.

1/3

2/3

3/3

>lays cds face-up all over the floor and eachother
>>tfw 85% of the CDs are scratched and unplayable

Stop treating your discs like shit. Literally none of my games are scratched.

Yes, i have a ps2. My first ps2, a fat model, stopped working around 2010, i got a slim model, and it still works

Both were hardmodded to run burned copies. I can make my own fucking games.

And i still play it. I usually stick to my PC, but it is at home and i spend most of my time in my university campus frat. I dont have newer consoles, so i still play my ps2 time to time.

>keep the sealed copy?
I think you mean sell it, then used the money to buy an opened copy and other games.

You have a lot of shit games.

Sell it, use the money to mod your ps2 and get the game for free.

Unless your into phisical collections, then it is up to you.

No, he was talking about throwing away money, selling the pristine copy would be the opposite of being dumb with money.

>throwing away money
Because god forbid you actually buy a game with the intent of playing it.

Well the case was that he wanted to open it

Opening it will drop the value of the game by $110, so instead just spend $130 on a used copy and keep the sealed one until its value goes up.

>No
>No
>Yes and still buying more
I have a launch ps3. I don't need a stinking ps2 to play that shit.
>inb4 anons tell me about the ylod
I reflowed and put on new thermal paste years ago when it was still new.

How much do you want for SWB and SWB2? They are completely unplayable for me on PCSX2 and on Steam.

I do, but I haven't taken it out in forever.

Got FFXII, SO3, and SC3.

>Do you still have a PS2 Cred Forums?
Yes, and a backup slim in storage.
>Is it working?
Yes
>Do you still have your games?
Only Killzone, Forbidden Siren, SOCOM 3 & a fucked up disc of GTA3, I have no idea what happened to my FFX, Kingdom Hearts, Virtua Fighter 4, Celebrity Deathmatch, Manhunt 2, Vice City & San Andreas copies, they just disappeared like my PS1 and when I remembered about them years later I couldn't find them anywhere.

Softmod your PS2 OP.

Yes
Yes
It's modded, I only bought a few games for it because I like collecting games.

how to softmod? if you softmod can you play hardcopies? holy shit I want to play KH2FM on a ps2 instead of this shitty PC.

Install FMCB on one of your memory cards, or if you're lazy just buy one preinstalled for like ten bucks on Ebay. After that point you can burn games on blank discs and play them and yes legitimate discs still work. If you want to go the extra mile get an IDE HDD and the Ethernet PS2 addon so you can keep your games on the hard drive for easy access and use software memory cards (haven't figured this out on my own yet)

Yeah I've considered it. I'll decide when it comes up next on the backlog list. Who knows what it will be up to in a few years. Still, nothing quite like that 5 second, $110 rush of opening a new, valuable game.

Star wars episode 3 is the shit. I even played through it last week.

Yeah, got a PS2 slim

>Is it working?
Disc tray isn't spinning anymore

Most of em, yeah. Some I had to pick up again because I foolishly got rid of em.

Best part is a buddy gave me his old PS2 fat with 16 games.

Shit's pretty cash yo

My fat PS2 survived for 10 years, I've been afraid to turn it on ever since it started having trouble running PS1 games.

Yes
>Is it working?
Yeah, they don't break too easily.
No, brother stole my first two PS2's, never returned them, along with their games. I gave up on letting him borrow a single thing from me again.
I did get back a majority of games I lost from it, though.

I regret selling mine, and this thread isn't helping.

I still have my fat PS2
it works and is hooked up to a 32" trinitron via component cables
I still have all my games and still buy games for it
I love the PS2

I give my PS2 a hug every morning

gave it to my little sister, I can emulate any PS2 game I want.

I feel bad for you OP, not a single good fucking game there in your collection. This has gamestop bargin bin written all over it.

If your CD's are fucked try taking them to your local library
When I volenteered there I found out libraries that let you rent DVD's and CD's have disk clearing machines
The one my libraey had was actually really new and could buff out any scratch that didnt go through to the cover

battlefront
battle for bikini bottom
scarface

Yes
Yes
Yes
I also scored a cheap lucky Agent Under Fire from a flea market 2 years ago so I have a self-made FMCB memory card and an ESR USB stick so I can, uh. You know. Play backups of my games in case they get scratched. Yeah, backups.

Aww shit, I also have a Trinitron, got no clue about the size but the thing weighs a ton. Moving out would've been hell without an elevator

I'm not taking it with me when I move, its nice and all but it ways a metric fuckton and is just too huge

32" sounds bulky. I like little tiny BVMs. Might pick up a bigger one, though. My workplace throws these in the trash all the time. This one had never even been removed from its original box when I saved it from the dumpster.

I still have my old fat ps2. During the last year gamestop had the Ps2 slims I went out and bought a brand new one. So that still works.

All of my games are in working condition. But these days I usually just emulate them, putting the disc in my PC where needed.

yea I should get a nice little one like that

what's that old sony television monitor thing that people want for retro games?
I'll get one of those should be able to find one in nyc

You could check the /vr/ CRT general, there's all kinds of little Sony PVMs. JVC and other brands are just as good. Call the facilities department of any local universities or hospitals and you should be able to find one for cheap or free.

Thanks for reminding me about the soul crushing day my PS2 will finally die on me OP.

>that kid that threw away all the cases and manuals and treats the discs like crap
>all of those shit games
Shit thread

2 original models, some games, and a single controller (which is beyond ass.

I never really understood why it is so difficult for people to keep their games in decent shape, I mean it. You put the game back in the case when you want to play something else, how lazy can someone be, at the expense of ruining a game?

Yes
>Is it working?
Not sure
Some, most of them were either sold or lost and I kept my favorites.