MALWARE WARNING

>MALWARE WARNING
>MALWARE WARNING
>MALWARE WARNING

THIS IS NOT A DRILL. THE NEW PATCH FOR SFV INSTALLS A ROOTKIT ON YOUR COMPUTER, ALLOWING IT TO SEE ANYTHING YOU DO OR WHAT YOU'VE INSTALLED.

THE V NOW STANDS FOR VIRUS

UNINSTALL AND DELETE CAPCOM.SYS FROM SYSTEM32

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/544tg5/warning_to_all_sfv_pc_players/
imgur.com/a/AsDy2
reddit.com/r/technology/comments/4m7ay6/teamviewer_has_been_hacked_they_are_denying/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_BMG_copy_protection_rootkit_scandal
youtube.com/watch?v=z5CscridX_g
youtube.com/watch?v=oeQzR5Y3hJA
youtube.com/watch?v=_BG58tywljI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZMPKYFkkXqs
youtube.com/watch?v=_5LFwW_R9UA
youtube.com/watch?v=3ig-E8sBK18
shoryuken.com/2016/09/23/pc-version-of-street-fighter-v-experiencing-issues-after-the-latest-patch/
youtube.com/watch?v=Yt-OHZUhHGM
ssbwiki.com/hitstun
crl.thawte.com/ThawteTimestampingCA.cr
youtube.com/watch?v=KixtoapKDVI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nice. Didn't Blizzard get into some shit over something similar?

Why should i be worried though? You're just posting a bunch of buzzwords in caps.

Not op but not many games need to put shit into your system32 folder, worry if you want to or don't.

I have more than 15 years of PC gaming and I have never heard of a game that requires kernel access to run, this is dangerous as fuck, even if Capcom don't have malicious intents with their rootkit other people who do could easily hack that shit and have access to your PC, I recommend everybody to uninstall the game until Capcom does something about it.

it's not even meming. it's literally LITERALLY a rootkit.

>malware
>rootkit
>buzzwords

>0 evidence

:DDD

imgur.com/a/AsDy2

>If you are unaware the new update of SFV (Street Fighter V) is wanting to access Kernel level just to play a game it is to be not trusted with these types of privileges no other game on steam does this and I own 80 steam games myself.

>ALLOWING IT TO SEE ANYTHING YOU DO OR WHAT YOU'VE INSTALLED
I am not a pedophile so I dont care.

A game having kernel access to your PC is dangerous.

That aside, it is also causing random BSOD issues. I doubt it's malware but it's certainly not doing any good for your PC.

MASTER RACE.

If you aren't cheating you have nothing to be afraid of.

It creates a backdoor for anybody who can hack into their rootkit to have access to your PC, if you don't think that's a bad thing then you shouldn't have a PC in the first place.

>implying 80 games on steam are a lot

Master Race discovers these dirty tricks. Console plebs have no choice in the matter, the software does whatever it wants.

>there are people who actually believe this

But you guys are trolling right

>PCucks will defend this
>SFV bobby's will defend this

>Literally a redditor

Any people wonder why this site turned into normie shithole

kys

>capcom.sys
can I delete it if I'm going to stop playing completely?

> playing on PC
> playing fighting games on PC
> playing shit fighter

lmfao

No, it's embedded into your system startup. Unless Capcom releases a patch that safely removes it for you, deleting it will stop windows from starting.

>PCucks will defend this
Except they aren't, you child.

>try and delete capcom.sys
>another program is running it

Too late for me lads.

Yeah.

If you haven't updated yet, the files won't be there.

>SFV has been updated with anti-tamper software that serves as a rootkit causing bluescreens
>WOAH MAN ALL THOSE BUZZWORDS, WHY SHOULD I CARE?
God fucking dammit, I wish the ratio of absolute utter idiots to decent posters was far lower than it is currently.

make no mistake people are working on something this obvious as we speak. i dont play but if you value your shit get rid of it immediately.

Remove it in safe mode otherwise it will tell you that its in use.
If you're not playing the game anymore, you'll be fine after that. Otherwise, it will put the file back every time you start the game

Sucks for you then since consolefags already know what they're getting into and actually buy their vidya. If you want to play you got to PAY

Really now got some sources for this or you just talking out your ass?.

No, it's not too late user, start your PC in safe mode and delete it from there.

A source for what? Games not needing kernel level access to your PC? I don't think you need a source for that.

Are you fucking retarded?

So why don't I have this capcom.sys file?

Can't tell if its capcom defense force or genuine retards.

How did Capcom even think this was a good idea in the first place? It's like you think there's no way they could make SF5 worse than it already is and then they pull this shit

Could SFV get any worse at this point?

You can't refute that argument.

this is what you fightingKEKS deserve

Sorry I'm a fucking idiot, just woke up and misread that.

>Last played august 19th
Run the game bud

>people who do could easily hack that shit and have access to your PC
Shit man, I didn't even think of that, that's an excellent point. Remember the Teamspeak hack, where passwords were divulged and thousands of users had their computer taken control of and used to purchase hundreds of dollars in gift cards? Did you know that Paypal did not reimburse anyone because "the purchases came from your account/isp"? It was absolutely insane and made everyone realize they should never install remote control software ever.

Granted, the odds are lower that it could happen with SFV, but based on the permissions there might be a chance.

reddit.com/r/technology/comments/4m7ay6/teamviewer_has_been_hacked_they_are_denying/

Thanks for the (you), lad. That came in pretty fast.
Also and

DO NOT RUN THE GAME

Is this all because of fucking custom skins?

Seriously?

>fighting games on PC

top kek

Trainers

I'm the second one, I'm not defending it. I uninstalled the game.

i didn't buy street fighter V but jesus this kind of shit is turning me off from videogames multiplayer ones more specifically
>have to hope the game isn't shit when it launches
>still have to hope that an eventual post launch update doesn't fuck everything up

Probably not, if anything this is Capcom trying to prevent people from hacking Fight Money, but in their inconpetence they created a rootkit without realzing they would be putting thousands of PC at risk.

PC master race, r-right?

I updated and played yesterday but I don't see it in my folder
Am I already fucked

Yeah man, by me calling out Capcom on its horrible anti-tamper update that has bluescreened computers from multiple reports, I'm definitely part of the "Capcom Defense Force."

Makes perfect logical sense, excellent deduction. Real Ace Attorney we got here.

Works on PS4 lmao

This was never a problem on PC though, SFV is the first game I seen that requires Kernel level access.

>Capcom.sys
I don't have that. Does that mean you're lying, or is that why I can't get SFV to launch?

this is their response. what this addresses is the fact that the rootkit is rightfully flagged by some antiviruses and they're explaining how to let the game bypass your protection so they can do god knows what to your system

for the record this is not paranoid conjecture, this is computers

You're fucked. It takes about 24 hours to dig into your system files then it deletes itself.

Lol, I don't know what you are talking about. I just played the game on my PS4 and everything is fine

It's only on the US/EU versions of the game.

The JP version of the game doesn't install it, feels glorious.

is this the same for the reloaded version?

The file only appears when it's loaded into the kernel, if you don't try to run the game again you're probably safe.

You wrote that like it wasn't something to worry about, tho.

You're fucking braindead, he was agreeing with you and calling the first retard CDF

Holy shit consider uninstalling your life you faggot

If he doesn't worry about it that is his own risk to take, I'm not about to tell someone to uninstall a game they possibly like.

Yeah if you can't launch the game that's probably why you don't have the file, the file is created by the game.

Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up.

I hope they fix it and stop being retarded.

Man, this is some bullshit. I genuinely enjoy SFV, in spite of the flaws(Seriously, who whines about a story mode in a fucking fighting game? Why don't people whine that CS or whatever, doesn't have a story mode?), and they've been doing a good job at improving it, but this is just fucking unacceptable.

They'd better do something fucking serious, to make amends.

I can confirm

i updated but havent played the game for a couple of weeks

i just uninstalled the game am i allright?

cannot blame other players for your 7th loss in a row.

couldn't find capcom.sys in my system32 folder despite booting up sfv yesterday for a few minutes to try out urien

If you didn't launch the game, yeah, you're safe. The file is created by the game itself when you first launch it, it asks for admin rights to modify the device, that's when it creates the capcom.sys and put it into system32.

>it is also causing random BSOD
>I doubt it's malware but it's certainly not doing any good for your PC.

what the fuck am i reading.

You're right, my mistake. I deleted the post almost immediately after submitting but I guess you were too quick and noticed it.

Is capcom.sys the next lostboy.exe?

Its been less than 12 since I updated, but its still gone. I did reboot the PC though
Fuck this, I'll just uninstall and pray it works itself out soon

you haven't patched you fucking mongloid

nothing to hide nothing to fear.

this capcom are fucking incompetent

>tfw pc is so underpowered to even play sfV, haven't booted steam in about 4 months.

but still playing sf3s is also quite fun on fightcade

Steam automatically patches, but the capcom.sys file gets put there when you run the game.

Thanks mate weight of my mind

I'm not cheating but I also can't use OBS to record ragequits anymore. That was one of the only things that made me have fun with the game.

I would uninstall the game just to be sure though.

>but the capcom.sys file gets put there when you run the game

You know why that happens? Because not even Steam has kernel access so it can't put files on the system 32 folder.

There gonna be sum fun if the shit that went down when Sony did something similar happens again.

So if I uninstall then I'm good? The system 32 file gets removed?

Look in System32, there's your proof

As far as I'm aware you can't use any kind of overlay with the game now even shit like an fps display.

>PCucks are insecure about getting caught cheating by Capcom
>proceeds to shitpost furiously
Top kek

Not him, but there's no file in my folder.

No, if the file is there it won't go away if you uninstall the game, you have to remove the file manually.

PC MASTER RACE

OH GOD SFV IS IN MY KERNEL

this is literally a nonissue, I don't see any reason to freak out

>PC keks mad they can't pirate the game now
loving every laugh!

Not now nigger, this is serious buisness.

That's not what this is about you fuck spoon. Read the fucking thread.

The fucks a trainer

>OMG DENUVO KILLS YOUR SSD
>HOLY SHIT SFV IS MALWARE
Piratefags will never cease to amuse.

>netcode done by one korean man until launch
>no DINPUT support or way to set keybinds which Skullgirls does
>awful matchmaking
>now this shit happens
>tfw can't get a refund
WAKE ME UP.

>average Cred Forums ownder of a pc
surprised there are this many people worried itt. most of Cred Forums mustard racers are computer illiterate to an alarming degree.

yeah i did

requested a refund too this is shocking i know i wont get it but worth a shot

so this...is
the....masterrace...

looool

underagefriend, put your smartphone away and pay attention in class.

>spend thousands on a PC that can run high-end vidya
>get malware from a game download
PCfags, not even once.
I do miss playing online without paying, but hey, at least I got Ape Escape & Nights of Azure.

>not even Steam has kernel access so it can't put files on the system 32 folder
Steam is not the one putting files in your system32 folder.
The game is.

have you run the game after the update?

When did you last play

>I don't know what Malware is or what the word 'malicious' means

when you get to 7th grade you'll be taught vocabulary like this. it's not intentionally doing anything bad, nor is that the purpose of the file, but that doesn't mean it isn't wreaking havoc.

Yep.

Two hours ago.

Joe warned you Capcom was scummy numerous times yet you all ignored him

piratefags have literally nothing to do with this thread, please go

That's exactly what he fucking said.

Sorry I'm not so beta as to cheat in a video game.

it's almost... it's almost like... that was the point of his post.

You might be fucked m8, check that shit

So, while this is happening, a PS4 is now worth for SFV?

>reddit as a source
that's like citing the OP of this thread as a source you gigantic faggot. go back to the thread you linked and stay there.

Fucked by what? Check for what?

I already told you there is no file.

Post proof

Just get KOF14 instead.

Seems like I should stop browsing Cred Forums and go to sleep.

>installing a backdoor to your computer
>giving you bsods
>it's not intentionally doing anything bad

yeah just like adware isn't intentionally doing anything to wreak havoc. they're just ads right?

I'm kinda bummed for Street Fighter on PC.

High level matches on PC are the same 4-5 guys every day. I haven't installed the new update on Steam. A lot of PS4 owners at the high skill level block PC players.

USFIV on Steam is pretty much dead with 200 average players per day. It's also the same small playerbase. I get bored fighting the same guys over and over.

3S and ST is on FightCade but again, the same people over and over.

I think I'll wait for Tekken 7. I'm a Tekken virgin so it'll be fun to learn a new type of game.

>t. underage

I mean, there's explicit proof that SFV acts similar to malware, antiviruses even detect it as malware. Granted it's obviously not an actual virus but the potential for abuse is high (plus there are multiple reports of bluescreened computers.)

Also, from what I've seen only people who've purchased the game are upset about this. Why the hell would a pirate be upset? Pirates have the older, untarnished version that has no issues.

I believe your argument is invalid in multiple ways as I've outlined above.

thank reddit for that.

>piratefags got btfo
You mean, piratefags can play without using that patch while buyerfags got btfo. I do hope you can fucking read properly on first place

what's your alias on fightcade ??

and aware isn't malware. they don't make any money from ads if it's actively breaking your computer, just like how Capcom doesn't make any money from dlc if it breaks their customer's computers.

so you seriously don't know what Malware is, or what malicious means?

But a POTENTIALLY UNWANTED SOFTWARE ALERT doesn't sound as fun

>pirating an online multiplayer game
Piratefags confirmed for retards.

And no, you don't have any friends.

>Capcom is intentionally giving you BSODS
For what purpose do you think that is in this delusion of yours, or are you just retarded?

>DELETE CAPCOM.SYS FROM SYSTEM32
Do not ever fucking go right into your System32 and delete something, holy fucking shit

>tfw your parents were right

>kof

lul

>'Malware' is an umbrella term used to refer to a variety of forms of hostile or intrusive software, including computer viruses, worms, trojan horses, ransomware, spyware, adware, scareware, and other malicious programs. It can take the form of executable code, scripts, active content, and other software.

wew wew wew. learn computers you Cred Forumsermin

nigga im gonna spam that shit forever, maybe they'll change their minds and give me a refund

Capcom.sys can be deleted without problems though, since it's a file created by SFV only SFV uses it. Though if you run the game again the file will be created again.

so blatantly lie and make you look like some kind of tinfoil hat wearing idiot.

>Capcom fucked up and is fucking up people's machines
vs
>CAPCOM IS INSTALLING MALWARE THEY'RE GOING TO STEAL YOUR DOG'S IDENTITY THEY HAVE CAMERAS IN YOUR TOILET UNINSTALL YOUR LIFE TO ESCAPE

Doesn't matter if its intentional or unintentional. They don't have the right to do this and you could probably file a class action against them if they don't fix it very soon.

So why don't you idiots just download dolphin for F R E E and play a real fighting game like Melee

people like that really don't have any right say anything about this matter, i am not defending Capcom but look hes using win10 and complaining about back doors, bot nets and bitcoin miners thats fucking faggy

I want a fucking refund

Oh yeah I'm sure CAPCOM.SYS is a crucial windows file

>meme meme meme. meme you meme

Not even who you're replying to but is it possible to not be a faggot?

shouldnt a hacker only be able to access your computer if there is a running process associated with this driver?

what process is running or needs to be running that i have to turn off to avoid any problem? i dont feel like uninstalling this game because i play it pretty often.

works fine for me

The Capcom defense force is here to argue semantics without looking up the definition of malware.

We salute you. Fight the tard fight.

>for some reason mal = malicious
>not latin root for bad which is why malicious shares the root word but not exact definiton of another fucking word

are you retarded?

I have over 100 hours so I don't think I could get a refund, I hope this thing gets widespread by the press so Valve starts offering refunds as a special case, like they did with Arkham Knight.

not the point I'm making, and I whole heartedly agree with you on that part.

man for a while i thought you were going to say tatsunoko but you turned out to be a fag afterall

Stay mad buyerfags while im unlocking all outfits easily

>providing a definition proving someone else wrong is a meme

WEW i bet you wish we all lived in you're fucking crazy land where this was true.

Anyone tried creating a dummy file? Just make an empty notepad file and rename it capcom.sys?

>Capcom fucked up
>LOL DEFENSE FORCE
What is wrong with you? Calling them criminally incompetent instead of evil and out to get you is defending them how?

Name a fighting game with an active playerbase on steam.

You can't.

>I just can't stop meming someone help, please.
your*

Should SFV be moved lower?

>you are

i dun goofd

guilty gear?

That tier list seems arbitrary.

Alpha 3 is broken as fuck and not suitable for competitive play.

>Capcom.Sys
>Not in my System32

Well, OP's full of bullshit again.

>that goal post move
Are you arms tired? No one called them evil.

They objectively installed malware on to people's computers with the update. You can argue their fucking morals if you want dumb dumb. This is just a post informing people about what has happened and what to do to avoid it.

look at the mad kid

I still don't see a single shred of proof that the game has kernel access.

>potential backdoor access is fine
Thanks rabbi

>source: le reddit

>reading comprehension

wanna point out in the post where I said Capcom didn't fuck up?

t. 09er

Hey Cred Forums, typing this from my phone.

As a security measure to this malware issue and breach of security of my mainframe I actually burnt down my house, to be on the safe side.

it's for people that don't actually play fighting games

please tell me more about how software that is intrusive and fucks up your computer isn't malware user. i need to learn the Cred Forums approved definition of malware for my memeing. so far i understand that if the developer made the software with good intentions it's not malware. also spyware and adware aren't malware. keep going.

hay retard lots of stuff comes from reddit you know all those mods come from reddit

Did you even read the post? You do know what the word 'incompetent' means, right?

It's quite simple, you can do it yourself, try to open cheat engine while SFV is open, the SFV process don't even show in the list.

Well this stuff tends to fuck with yer systems, god forbid it isnt installed perfectly and it starts affwcting shit it shouldent

Also it prevents any overlays from working, including window specific streaming and the like

Been playing fighting games before you were born, kiddo.

Also, Garou isn't suitable for competitive play as well. Another broken game, it's still a very good and fun game.

I'd leave ST, 3S, USFIV, KOF98, VS, MVC2 in the top tier.

Also Alpha 2 is superior to Alpha 3 for competitive play.

You neet to turn off youre antivirus. Ie thing that keeps malware out

This nigger

Reminds me of that Steam key generator that requires you to turn off your firewall in order to work.

>have over 300 games
>have never seen this

what games, user? or is this something that used to happen and doesn't anymore?

Do people actually fell for that kind of stuff?

>Been playing fighting games before you were born
Unlikley, since no actual fighting games existed before i was born.

The Capcom.sys file causes BSoDS accidentally, not intentionally, and is a testament to Capcom's inability to do anything right. Not knowing how computers work and fucking up all over the place isn't malicious, it's retarded and inexcusable, but not purposely killing the OS.

Does anyone even know or have evidence of what it's SUPPOSED to do? Everyone says 'backdoor into your pc' but to what gain would that be? it seems like it's the most poorly executed anti-cheat/hack protocol ever, considering how pissy they got that people were playing Juri and Urien early.

Please tell me what Capcom's intentions are in installing malware?

>PC gaming
Top kek "master race"

No it's not a game, it's an app (most likely a virus or worse), you can look it on youtube. It generates keys for any Steam game you want, for free, though it requires you to disable your firewall while it runs.

>get hyped as fuck because Urien, a character that i used to love playing as in turd strike
>get rootkit installed on computer

haven't even launched the game and don't intend to until this is patched.

Little does OP know, Combofiend is watching him post RIGHT NOW.

>Also Alpha 2 is superior to Alpha 3 for competitive play.

>PC'S only game is SFV
How's No Man's Sky treating you, console peasant? Still no refund?

Reminder that Sony got sued for doing something like this years ago.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_BMG_copy_protection_rootkit_scandal

>Now the rootkit hides itself after 24 hours after its "infected your system" to explain why its not there

My God

You're all fucking idiots, never go into computer science

Honestly, if you give this as your reason and provide proof, you'll likely get it no matter how many hours you have in it.

youtube.com/watch?v=z5CscridX_g
youtube.com/watch?v=oeQzR5Y3hJA
youtube.com/watch?v=_BG58tywljI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZMPKYFkkXqs
youtube.com/watch?v=_5LFwW_R9UA
youtube.com/watch?v=3ig-E8sBK18

ESEA also did this not too long ago.

He's right though.

>"finally the urien update is coming, I hope people won't shitpost the game anymore until season 2"
>backdoor happens
I've been defending the game until now, I'm not defending a fucking backdoor what the fuck
I uninstalled the game I don't want them to fucking kill my PC

I remember hearing something about PS4 getting refunds for that game too. Am I incorrect?

>Alpha 2 is superior to Alpha 3 for competitive play.
Topkek

i play sf3s almost daily on fightcade and its quite broken too you know not talking about air parries and shit, char balance is also bad when i started playing sf3s i just used to spam yun even though i didn't know that game i was able to win, and whenever someone gets frustrated they just pick yun hes fucking super but doesn't mean that game is not suitable for competitive play you should just suck it up push your limits and you also will achieve enlightenment.

Chances Capcom reverts this anti-cheat?

>DURR UR UNEDUCATED
>DON'T LEARN ABOUT COMPUDERS YOU UNEDUCATED FUKS

holy run-on, batman

Well nobody knows, but with bad press they might do it soon, shoryuken (a wesbite notoriously known for sucking Capcom's cock 24/7) seems to have reported on the issue.

shoryuken.com/2016/09/23/pc-version-of-street-fighter-v-experiencing-issues-after-the-latest-patch/
>Editor’s note: we’re receiving tips related to this matter from concerned PC users, regarding a file that arrived in the new update, “Capcom.sys”: it appears in the system32 folder, and is being likened to a “rootkit” due to its full system permissions–presumably to allow the new Street Fighter V anti-crack system to function. We’ll let readers know if we hear more on this aspect of the PC update.

Let's pray.

When you're that fucking stupid, yeah.

3S balance is shit but it isn't outright broken like A3.

you should have told me that i am ryu. that's what i was going for

I tried, didn't give me a refund. I'm trying again. If it doesn't work this time either I'm going to try to contact steam support.

>all these butt hurt cheaters and pirates

I tweeted this to the memiest members of the FGC.

I think I did my job of stirring up fake panic for today

i'm in this boat too, the fuck? I wanna get rid of it if it's there

Holy shit that's absurd.

>this thread

there is a time and place for this, but not now, this is the fucking dumbest thing capcom have ever done and you should be allied with your pc enemies

If I haven't run it since it came out am I going to die too?

I remember Yoshida making a statement about the requests, but basically saying that Sean gets a free pass for the lies because he doesn't have a PR guy.

First article I found is on polygon, for an interview between Yoshida and Eurogamer. I'm not going to link to polygon from here but that should be enough info to google.

There were very limited refunds apparently, but for the most part you're stuck with it. Either way the point of it is don't let a shitty and retarded third party dev dictate the quality of the platform, especially with as drawn out of a trainwreck as SFV

>Alpha 2 is superior to Alpha 3 for competitive play

>MASTER RACE AMIRITE

Fuck off. This isnt a problem with PC. Literally no game out of the multiple thousands on steam have to have access to your PC's kernal. Just capcom. This is Capcom. They are incompetent

Is that Sirlin playing?

Samefag. Alpha 3 has many infinite combos.

kek

Yes.

underrated post

>Also Alpha 2 is superior to Alpha 3 for competitive play

I thought tourneyfags were always happy about things that reduce the player base.

What happened?

Yeah, now Capcom is definitely removing this shit from the game.

>Literally no game out of the multiple thousands on steam have to have access to your PC's kernal.

>PC MASTER RACE EVERYBODY

Someone should test this

>tfw can't play at work

The people blaming pc are too young to remember that Capcom can't even spell their own name right.

But he's right
I can't even name the last time Steam let that shit fly on a semi-popular game

Can you move that goal post further user?

>putting in a rootkit the same week they published a picture of Poison with a bulge

capcom is full of fucking madmen

see

>mfw I can sue capcom and finally bring back dino crisis

now if only I had some jewish friends

reddit is where you can go to get actual information on this subject right now, with people discussing it and what it does.

This right here is retard central. No stops, you aren't getting off, there are no brakes on this retard train.

>Also Alpha 2 is superior to Alpha 3 for competitive play

Capcom made a rootkit? I thought they only made games.

You forgot the Melee tier at the top, man.

MASTER RACE ALWAYS WINS BABYYYY

>People willingly allow GameGuard for years
>Now its suddenly a problem when it involves fightan gaem fags
SHOULDA NIPPED THAT BUD SOONER, DUDERS, BEFORE IT BECAME "ACCEPTED".

SFV mid tier is okay.
USFIV isn't even the best version of SFIV.

Melee isn't a fighting game.

> Sony sued for root kit fiasco
> Sony releases ps4 pro and declares war on pc
> Sony gives capcom their tech because they have monkey programmers
illuminati is real

>starts offering special case refunds

they do it all the time, and especially over things like scams or security/incompetence etc. I mean it's not frequent, but if something hits the press enough, they will offer refunds.

Besides, nothing says you *can't* get a refund past their stated restrictions anyway. It's just unlikely - if you don't often refund games and you have a large library you're more likely to get a refund anyway.

I bet if you put in for a refund as you read this, and for reasons you cite, "Security risk introduced by patch" or "Patch includes malware", then you'll get it.

>USFIV
>top tier

This list belongs in the trash can.

Nice meme

They won't.

if you didnt open the game since the update nothing will happen retards, wait for capcom to release another update

This rootkit is merely anti-tamper software (NOT drm!)

Fuck off, Low Tier Cuck

>being mad enough to post that giant wall of text as if anyone will read it every time someone claims your favorite party game isnt a real fighting game

I like alpha 2's music better though.

How am I supposed to play SFV then answer me that

go back there if you think it's any worth while. you won't be missed and you don't ever have to come back.

The game executable probably looks for some kind of flag set by capcom.sys in order to run. In a hilarious turn of events, it's likely possible to spoof the driver's existence via a third party program and carry on hacking, leaving the legit players with a massive security risk that blocks even innocuous game recording software.

>son, stop downloading games, they have virus on them, i saw it on tv
My mom was right.

You don't, or you do and put your PC at risk, since you know, the game now requires the rootkit to be installed in order to run.

>Biting the bait

>it seems like it's the most poorly executed anti-cheat/hack protocol ever
It's literally this.
Capcom is so incompetent they managed to fuck up Kike Z's legacy drivers, create one sided rollback netcode and somehow made LESS sticks work on PC than PS4.

A2 gold had some damn fine music
youtube.com/watch?v=Yt-OHZUhHGM

How many have you seen here today?

it started affecting them as well.

>h-heh look at this image!!! It says Melee is a fighting game!!!!!!

Fuck off with your casual party game, tourneyfag

This is the shit that made me uninstall PSO2 ages ago because it kept crashing my computer. Is it in SF5 now?

I would assume pretty high, or at least replaced with something less retarded, considering the amount of users that can no longer play the game at all.

I don't want this news to reach her.

that makes the most sense, thanks. still not Malware if that's the case.

Say what you will about Mike Z but those legacy drivers are a fucking godsend. No fucking way am I rebuying sticks for whatever shitty ps4 fighter that comes out.

When will they fix it? I wanted to play Urien...

not that user, but I've been trying this like 3 times today to no avail, I hope they won't ban me for spamming this refund shit because I won't give up until at least a fucking human reviews my claim

>Smash fans don't generally boo games they don't like
Looks like something needs an update.

>Oh no PC users are exploiting our free currency system and sneak peek at new dlc characters
>I didn't see this coming
>Better break the game and install malware

I love the Alpha 3 shilling. I bet half of you shills haven't played the game or dropped it because it was too hard. Alpha 2 is balanced and actually a street fighter game instead of a shitty marvel clone.

WE SPENT MONEY IMPLEMENT THE ANTI-CRACK SOLUTION GAIJIN, WE'RE NOT REMOVING IT FROM THE GAME, YOU'LL PLAY IT AND YOU'LL LIKE IT

0 actually, closest is that people were discussing whether alpha 3 was better or worse than alpha 2, and where USFIV should be tiered at. No one is defending this.

>shit, that image makes valid arguments that I can't refute
>I know, I'll call him a casual xD

Great job guys your case is very strong.

Meanwhile the whole rest of the world acknowledges Smash is a fighting game and belongs at Evo, and it will never go away. You will be mad forever.

Somehow nobody manages to implement them correctly.
The best 3rd party implementation is hilariously, USFIV and that still requires 2 controllers to be on when they shouldn't need that.

>doesn't know what a trainer is
>that deflection
>f-fucking betas

Catherine was at Evo as well. Stop trying to pick a fight for no reason. You know the only reason you said that is to trigger autists, which, why? They already have to deal with autism, leave them alone.

Good thing I'm a sensible person and playing it on PS4?

>STILL no native DInput support
>the rootkit probably disallows the use of the mod that adds DInput support

Isn't there a nintendrone thread you should be in right now, smash babby?

See

isn't KoF14 plug and play?

saved

People should be contacting Capcom with high concerns about this, but I think it would be a good idea to go to big sites like SRK and Eventhubs requesting that an article be made about this issue. The word may be out, but there are most likely a lot of people who aren't aware of how serious this issue can be.

Nope, still requires authentication and 2 controllers.

Damn pain in the ass too, usually requires a lot of finagling. Luckily the game is good enough to put up with that.

It hash checks the file and apparently not everyone's file is the correct hash causing the game not to run for them.

why the hell would such a thing need access to your system32 folder though

Ok so basically, if I let Steam do the update but didn't touch the game, I'm fine ? Uninstalled already since I didn't touch the game since the story mode rolled out if that makes any difference.

Saved!

Oh Capcom know, you can be sure of it, they're usually quiet about complaints though.

Have to make this story big so Gabe will pick up on it and Steam will offer refunds like with Nu-Male's Sky.

>Doesn't even work for me. Running as admin does nothing, disabling antivirus does nothing, running from Steam does nothing.

Fucking christ, what is wrong with these normal fags?

I want to Nightmare Booster dat ass.

>installing games from asian devs
I remember PSO2 from sega deleting windows files after an update. Good thing I didn't play that piece of crap.

There's also countless chinese mmo that come bundled with malware. And korean mmo with their rootkit "to disable hacks" which clearly doesn't do it's job.

>Isn't there a nintendrone thread you should be in right now, smash babby?
No, I'm in this thread because I'm into all kinds of fighting games, including Melee.

Calling me a babby still doesn't refute any of the points made in the image. Even the image you're referencing doesn't cancel out all the times Sakurai called it a fighting game or everything else it says. That is not nearly enough to make your case.

>Ok so basically, if I let Steam do the update but didn't touch the game, I'm fine ?

Yes, you're fine, the rootkit is only installed when the game is launched.

Yep.
Steam doesn't have the permissions to install this kind of stuff.
If you're unsure check your system32 folder for capcom.sys

KoF has weird implementation. You need to use a DS4 to go into the options menu and click a button to get it to register legacy sticks.

Revelator and CF are both plug and play. Revelator works fine, but it's registered as a second controller in CF so you need to either turn the DS4 off or assign it to a different profile to get the stick to be P1.

Why is it asian devs that do this?

Why is there a link between chinks and scummy shit like this always

Okay thanks, have this picture summing my reaction to this mess.

See

>tfw I genuinely liked SFV and defended it for quite a while
>tfw I can't defend Capcom after this

That's why I think going to a megaphone website would be a good idea. Especially with how clickbaitey Eventhubs can be sometimes.

Free capcom game for everyone! More Rootkits yippie hurray!

I hit her with that
The input it for Midnight Pleasure in Darkstalkers 3

Good fucking god Capcom.

Eventhubs will not report on this because they're Capcom shills, Shoryuken has reported on the issue though.

Uninstalled it before the update got downloaded. Bought this game a couple weeks ago to try to get into fighting games but looks like I just wasted money.

You can try to get a refund, Steam allows refunds on special cases (I'm sure this qualifies as a special case), no matter how much time you have played.

Welp, I'm fucked on that regard, I bought a cheaper physical disc.

Rog for the most part keeps shit real hopefully other top players talk about this bullshit.

same, what the fuck

this is the nail in the coffin, I tried my hardest to defend the game despite it flaws because I find it fun to play and I got good at it

all those hours spent is now completely worthless. Fuck capcom, never again.

>Catherine was at Evo as well.
As a side game. Melee grand finals was second to last main stage game on Sunday this year. Non fighting games do not get put on the main stage.

The general consensus tends to be that Alpha 2 Gold is the best iteration for competitive play.

I grudgingly tend to agree, though I have a soft spot for the "Hyper Street Alpha 3" PS2 version. Mixing Z-ism with street fighter 3-like paeey and the Alpha 3 roster? Perfectly broken, but pure gold.

>The general consensus tends to be that Alpha 2 Gold is the best iteration for competitive play.
Said no one ever

doubtful, the other EG boys will literally never say an unkind word about Capcom or SFV

Shoryuken added it to a story about people having issues with playing after updating. It's an aside at the bottom of the article. Hardly reporting.

Any major gaymen sites cover the story though?

Is it not too late join in the bandwagon for KOFXIV, BBCF, Revelator and Tekken 7, is it not too late?

Which new fightan game I should play the most fun

>PC Master race

Capcom must regret releasing the game on PC at this point hahahaha

Good thing I play fighting games on Consoles like any sensible person would, and filter PC users from MM.

Since this driver is so small, it's also extremely easy to tell what it does. After taking a look, I would never let this product run on my machine.

The driver first registers itself using a pseudo-randomly generated name. That's kind of suspicious. It also doesn't specify any security, so any user at any privilege level can attempt to open and control the device. That's bad.

It sets up custom handlers for opening the device object, closing the device object, and performing ioctls on the device object. This is pretty normal, although a driver that didn't set up basic security when creating its device should perform security checks when opening the device. This driver does not.

The ioctl handler is where everything "interesting" happens. It checks for control codes 0xAA012044 and 0xAA013044, does some buffer size checks, disables data execution protection and then runs the arbitrary code passed in through the ioctl buffer with kernel permissions.

In short, this driver creates a back door which can allow a non-privileged user to run code with permissions of the kernel.

I thought teamviewer and teamspeak were two different things or is it owned by the same company?

>so computer illiterate that calls rootkit a "buzzword"

I love all the blatant bait of people in this thread making this a PC vs console argument about how PCs are shit.

It's somehow working too. Something like this actually happening plus people not taking it seriously upsets me.

This is in the same vein as Sony having plain text passwords on their servers and then that huge data breach on top of it. This is a catastrophe waiting to happen. This isn't PC vs consoles, this is very bad practice and it can cause awful things to happen on any piece of hardware.

Jesus fucking Christ Capcom this is literally the last time I will ever give you money. I got it for 30 bucks and I still feel extremely fucked in the ass for that and it's not like I can get a refund either.
I honestly thought for some reason season 2 would improve just about everything in the game.

>Play an hour ago
>No capcom.sys

So another bullshit fake story from assmad pirates.

Denuvo SSD damage all over again

>Teamspeak = Teamviewer
stop

>Not playing all of them

How does being a filthy casual feels like?

>Any major gaymen sites cover the story though?

Not yet, but I imagine PCGamer will.

We get it, you know no one. That's doesn't exactly make you a reference.

>consoles are basically hardware botnets

Wow this is some poor bait

Also not many games require you to DISABLE your ANTIVIRUS, COINCIDENCE?

Didn't Sony use a rootkit to fight piracy too? And didn't they get sued for that?

>How does being a filthy casual feels like?
feels fucking great my friend

>100 Fight Money has been deposited into your account

Kbrad does
but he ain't eg anymore is he?

I purchased three full price copies at launch for me and friends, the season pass for myself, and one costume for Gief. How did it all go so wrong. Where's my 210 something dollars Capcom?

Considering this shit installs through the game client and isn't part of the steam update, I am shocked Valve hasn't picked this up since it's basically using their service to distribute malware. This has to be against their rules.

I uninstalled the game but don't see the .sys file anywhere. Did it vanish when I uninstalled it?

where the fuck did you hear that? hes still with EG

Yes and yes, I'd laugh if capcoms inspiration for this came from sony.

this, i tried going in safe mode to look for the file and its not there

Note: NOT drm

Wait, what? I just played and there is not a capcom.sys or anything close to it in my system32

could this be only on win10? i still have 7

>but he ain't eg anymore is he?

He is, and currently he's also one of their most valuable players, he has better results in SFV than Momochi and PR_Balrog.

Also
>If the game is installed on an HDD your OS isn't on it won't work
Bravo Capcom

K-brad is still on EG as far as I'm aware and hasn't tweeted anything to say otherwise.

>smash fans aren't autistic dipshits at tournaments

But they are. Even their top players act like entitled fuckwits.
Not to mention the fucking BO

Literally NO ONE is defending this. Not even the most harcore fan than used to defend the game despise its flaws like me

Jesus hmmm

I'd say send tips to places, even if you hate the sites. Most shitholes like Kotaku or Polygon are only mentioning the "WACKY STAGE OUT ANIMATIONS WOOHOO" because they're no fucking different than toddlers and rattles.

Do you seriously have nothing better to do with your life?

I thought intel picked him up

Any idea why Capcom would do this? Can't think of how this could work with the game, unless it was some sort of auto-updater that allows Capcom to make Kernel level updates without asking for permission

I urge everyone to go to the Steam store page and flag the game as harmful, stating that it installs a rootkit. There is a flag category for malicious software and modifications of your computer. It is clearly not condoned by Steam.

>tfw shit get serious

>CAPCOM
>Giving you viruses
It's like you guys DONT like resident evil

thanks for the (you)s man

Probably because of fight money. Early on release, things, trainers were prevalent and mods existed that would forego survival and make it one round, adding ridiculous amounts of FM to peoples accounts. This was logged locally and never server side, so the only thing capcom would ever see was an indication that survival was complete and then deposit the FM.

Liekwise, Juri and Urien have been playable for months with CheatEngine, and people were even dumb enough to throw that into rank. I'm assuming this is all some half assed attempt to control tampering with the game.

>ALLOWING A NIGGER TO PUT HIS BBC INTO YOUR ASS TO WILLING GIVE YOU AIDS
I am not a gay so I don't care.

The conditions of it appearing are unclear.

Some people don't have it, some people have it a couple hours after, some people have it. But it exists.

just don't get hit :')

consoles win again!

thinking that sakurai saying smash games arent fighting games means they're not is astupid as fuck. If i make a shooter and say it's a sport's game, who's right, me or the fucking definition of the genre?
you do know a game can be in multiple genre right?
as in a game's that's both a fighting game and a party game

have you ever been so mad you spend 2 hours posting the same thing over and over again

Are you triggered, user?

>tfw you think you have a choice when it comes to being raped

This reminds me of the good old Sony Music rootkit, though the effects on users aren't nearly as bad this time around.

How are you enjoying those data breaches and lack of control over the security of your OS?

yes neofag reader

the obvious allegory can go over your head pretty easy

inb4 smashbaby thinks counter hits and counter attacks are the same thing.

>Have new update
>No capcom.sys
>No errors starting game up
>No blue screen of death
>No problems whatsoever

I'm wondering if this another one of these "I pirated/bought a cheap key for this game off a weird website and now it's not working for me!" kind of deals. PC gamers are the scummiest little shits on the planet anyway.

What if Sony is paying Capcom to sabotage PC gaming? They did say not too long ago they wanted to get the PC audience.

You just know some hacker group is fucking shaking right now knowing that one of the most widespread rootkit, all connected to a server, just got released by a major company.

I haven't seen anything about that got any kind of source?

>9/11 didnt happen im too lazy to look it up lol

CAPCOM WHY MUST YOU TURN MY OFFICE INTO A HOUSE OF LIE.

>all the console peasants defending getting raped by corporate kikes
Feels good being master race.

Already uninstalled. Thanks OP.

I tried playing last night when the servers came back up and this morning and I have the file but still cannot get the game to run.
I've tried every fix posted too even the dumb sounding shit like disabling DEP.

>smash doesn't have high, mids or lows

What is up tilt, forward tilt, and down tilt?
What is up smash, forward smash, down smash?

>Smash doesn't have any hitstun

LOL are you fucking kidding me? Higher percent = more knockback and hitstun

Fucking tards don't understand Smash then claim this shit

Yes I'm annoyed

console SFV players are the ones without the problem here, though

It's all social engineering by skiddies, they're trying to scare retards who don't know anything about computers into bitching enough about it, so it gets removed and they can get back to hacking.

>Urien came out and looks cool
>maybe I'll finally have someone I'll enjoy playing in SF V
>Pc gets a rootkit
>GG is 20-24 bucks on sale on PSN

Well, looks like I'm gonna learn GG.

I really hope you're getting paid to be this retarded.

Sure ;3

1080p sub60fps seems like a problem to me

>What is up tilt, forward tilt, and down tilt?
>What is up smash, forward smash, down smash?
All the same attack level, literally NONE of them are flagged as high, mid or low

>LOL are you fucking kidding me? Higher percent = more knockback a
Knockback is not stun, trash bros has ZERO hitstun.

I mean, i get it you dont know shit about fighting games, but you should atleast know the mechanics of your own baby party game.

t. skiddie

enjoy your backdoor my man

I just don't understand why put this thing on the game so many months after release, it doesn't make any sense from a piracy standpoint since pirates can still play the copy they pirated prior to this thing. Capcom is being extremely sketchy about this whole thing.

>15 years
bitch i been pc since the early 80's and youre a paranoid faggot if you think anyone wants to "hack" your gay asd gaming laptop through a shitty rootkit installed by a video game.

>lostboy.exe

>Potential to connect unknowingly to a compromised system via crossplay
>LOL NOT MY PROBLEM

Could someone upload Capcom.sys?
Wanna have a try at dissecting it.

>mfw the SFV shitstorm train never ends

Good lord I honestly feel this is karma for the fanbase shitting on other fighters so much.

My sides

Most PS4 players filter out PC players anyway lmao

>found no capcom.sys

whew thank fucking god.

Some people are saying it doesn't get installed on Windows 7.

If you go to this thread you'll find a link someone uploaded

>want to play other fighters
>don't own any modern consoles
>don't want to install W10

ssbwiki.com/hitstun

ITT angry poorfag cheaters mad because they can't keep stealing Capcom's money

>wait all day for SF5 thread to talk about the update, urien etc
>only thread ive come across turns out to be PC shitters whining

Capcuck fucked PC with a shitty engine anyway. Somehow worse and unoptimized than USF4. Now they mad people exploited their shitty engine and got free fight moneys kek

>he thinks anyone even still plays Shit Fighter V

I was certain the game would get a season 2, now after this Capcom will definitely get sued, so season 2 never ever.

Thanks, just from a quick look it seems to check for and delete a symbolic link and then create a new one to ntoskrnl.exe

Also seems to collect data and upload stuff to crl.thawte.com/ThawteTimestampingCA.cr

You have to be baiting me.

I think the Smash hate is just because of the community, not the actual game.

Sad

>japs devs can't computer

wow, what a shock

when will you faggots learn?

>ssbwiki.com/hitstun
>a period of time after being hit by an attack that a character is unable to act outside of directional influence or teching.
>unable to act outside of directional influence or teching.
>outside of directional influence or teching.
>directional influence or teching.
LITERALLY THE FIRST LINE, BTFO TRASH BABYS DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT HITSTUN IS, TRASH BROS LITERALLY HAS NO HITSTUN CONFIRMED

BTFO
T
F
O

suck Capcom dick more

windows7 x64 here, there is no capcom,sys in my folder. Game doesnt start.

t. underage cheatcuck

Did you even read the thread?

Last time he was on CPT he was talking about re-signing with EG so unless he ripped up his contract and got a new sponser in the last month hes still with EG

Not him but seriously, we call you capdrones for a reason.

I dont even own nor have pirated SFV so dont even try

If the game doesn't start then it's obvious capcom.sys won't be there since it's created when the game is launched.

But seriously though

>Playing fighting games on PC

>update only adds urien/colors
>7 fucking GB

so there's more to be dug out, right?

>tfw deleted capcom.sys without safe mode without any problem

ALSO CAPCOM I WANT MY FUCKING MONEY BACK, INSTALLING ROOTKIT WASN'T PART OF OUR DEAL

>here's my bad opinion about a game I don't even own

This is Cred Forums alright.

Did you even read the update? It adds a ton of other shit, like vsCPU, and special stage finishes, on a lot of stages.

>waiting for someone to make a thread

it's because of the file structure which requires you to replace a massive pak file each time you want to tweak a texture or similar

surely that doesn't add up to 7GB though

How come I didn't get Capcom.sys

Someone please explain this to me?

So when will the lawsuits start? A couple weeks?

Do you think it will be a huge lawsuit or a few small ones?

It's gonna be comfy.

I don't get it.

Did you launch the game since the update?

ok yeah i guess if you define hitstun in that one specific way with no exceptions that smash doesn't have it?

Every time the game updates, you re-download the entire game.

why is medium tackle -3 on hit

yes
Challenges are up and I can buy urien if I wanted too

It's probably already buried itself inside your computer's kernel and hidden its tracks. You'll probably need to launch a root probe.

WEW

>go on break at work
>friend ask me to stay because he wants to eat alone today because he broke up with his GF
>open Cred Forums
>this shit
>still got an hour of lunch left
Alright, this is some tinfoil hattery shit. why this friday of all fridays?

Could Capcom really be this incompetent? I refuse to believe a company that operates on making computer programs could be this fucking bad at what they do.

Who says it's a competency issue? They probably just don't give a fuck.

fake and gay

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure should be higher desu

yeah sure buddy
i think its just bullshit and I just dont have the file at all

I can't delete the file.

Do I have to boot up in safe-mode? Or do I have to uninstall SFV and go back to Fightcade

What would happen if i just forced that programe to close?

Pretty bad there Capcom, pretty fucking bad

Its real, we got multiple people coming to the same conclusion.

Uninstall, then boot up in safe to delete the file. If you just delete and start up the game again the file will be created once more.

Reboot normally and delete it straight away.

Safe mode, but also delete SFV if you can.

Safemode kill, also if you boot up sfv it reinstalls it

It would be extremely beneficial.

>you lived long enough to see street fighter die

Street Fighter lived through the fighting game crash, it'll live through this.

youtube.com/watch?v=KixtoapKDVI
Does anyone remember the time when all capcom games started like this?
Remember the feeling you got booting up a game that started like this?

I feel Capcom sucking is old news by now, but I still can't get over it.
What the fuck happened? And why is there no replacement for this?

It can't live through this if Capcom goes bankrupt.

>yfw Capcom is trying to kill street fighter so they can invest more money into making Dragon's Dogma 2

Noted. Jesus fucking Christ Capcom, seriously? I know Capcom had "good" intentions but we know for a fact that we have players who have been hacking SFV since the beginning. Didn't a hacker literally go into Xian's CFN account and give him points?

I mean how far can a hacker go regarding Capcom's protection? Man I'm out, fuck this.

Do you realize how much pull, SF has as a name? If capcom goes bankrupt, it'll get picked up by someone else. Might be shit, but it will continue.

Remember when the firstand second bioshock did the same thing? No ones going to give a shit in a week and nothing is going to be done about it.

>fighting game crash

can't believe this meme is still alive to this day. fuck capcom players seriously.

nothing ever crashed. ever. there were still games coming out and people still going to tournaments. there just wasn't a fresh new capcom game for nearly a decade. that's it.

>nobody on Cred Forums of all places, home of the 1337357 of the 1337 haxxorz, is competent enough to use Delete Doctor or Data Shredder
well, at least you know now.

sony had to give them money to make this game

>yfw Riot buys SF

>average intelligence of console players

delete system32

>Make a calculator program
>Fuck up the code and all multiply functions end up as divide functions instead
>This means it's malware because it's doing something it's not supposed to

as much as I hate Riot for their game balancing philosophies and their over all philosophies with "no toxic behaviour" at least their game are technically good quality (few bugs, and fucking playable online)

Both Capcom, and SNK basically stopped making fighters, ACS just kept releasing a billion rebalances of GG, and those were the big series. Sure, there was games here and there, and tournaments still continued, but things died down bigtime. Hell, I'm not even really a big Capcom fan, I'm a much bigger SNK fan.

NO FUCK YOU!

Maybe if they didn't make shit like survivor such a chore, or tell me characters aren't done but their complete files and move sets existed in an update 3 months ago, people wouldn't be so eager to hack shit.

It was pretty funny seeing the Juri and Urien trailers as if I haven't already been playing them for months.

when the "something it's not supposed to do" is open a backdoor to your computer while using a global peer-to-peer network, yeah it's fucking malware.

>AAA game companies are now putting malware on their already released games

Guess I'll stick to emulators or something.

I dont give a shit about MOBAs (and dont know anything about Riot), but how much more can they fuck up?
Capcom is jewish as hell with DLC, wouldnt Riot at least provide a somewhat working game and not install Malware on our PCs?

>Make a calculator program
>Fuck up the code and all multiply functions open a back door allowing unauthorized access to your machine and info
>This means it's malware because it's doing something it's not supposed to
Fixed that for you

seriously m8

serious, fucking, lee

this is the metaphor you came up with

and you think it's a good metaphor ?

Holy shit. I wish hitler had won so beyond retarded idiot like you wouldn't be allowed to breath the same air as me.

literally and figuratively kill yourself.

>have 54 minutes played in sfv
>ask for a refund and explain to them how this update is malware and its a security problem
>NAH SORRY ITS BEEN OVER 2 WEEKS XD

Is this refund shit just automated? Should I try to contact support? This is really bullshit, I could understand not refunding 500 hours of game play but I have 54 minutes and exceptions need to be made for instances like this where updates are basically viruses.

they would ban you for rushing down with guile instead of turtling

Remember Vanilla Sagat and Akuma in SFIV? Imagine years and years of that not being fixed, because "It's good for competitive play", while they nerf mid-tier characters into the ground, because people aren't playing them the way that Riot wants them to be played.

>don't have capcom.sys
So am I safe or what?

I also tried 2 times, now I contacted support. I hope i get a refund

Malware is software that's intentionally malicious, like a calculator program that steals your banking info when you multiply something. Incompetent garbage coding doesn't make it malware, it just makes it an incredibly poorly designed piece of shit full of security holes.

If you have System Mechanic on your computer, it has an unnecessary second layer of defence which has recently been showing false-positives for malicious software attacks. This is causing random files to be targeted, quarantined and possibly deleted, including files that may be important.

the process is called AVSDK5 and you should end those processes in your task manager if you have them until further notice from iolo tech.

Other Anti-Virus software is bringing up similar false-positives.

World of Warcraft and Steam are commonly targeted by these false-positives.

>tfw my friend has me in their family sharing
>I'm the only one that even plays his games anyway
Do I tell my friend to get a refund? he only has a mere 30 minutes logged on steam.

people that doesn't have it visible has it hidden

so not only you're not safe, but you can't delete it unless you reformat or use special software in safe mode to remove it.