Finish Dead Space for the 10th time

>Finish Dead Space for the 10th time
>Cry because 3 fucking ruined the franchise for good.

Besides the obvious RE4 are there any games similar games to Dead Space?

Evil Within and Cold Fear.

dead space 3 is good, the shitstrom that surrounded it ruined the franchise, not the game itself

That corpse on the left has some big titties.

Super Metroid

Nah, it was pretty lame. It drags on for far too long.

Well, RE5+6 of course.

Shadows of the Damned

Name 1 thing that Dead Space 3 does better than its predecessors. One fucking thing besides graphics.

Was I the only one that had a hard time playing 2 over a voiced Isaac?
Because of that, never finished 2 or even touched 3.

Nah.
Recycled everything, boring as fuck human fights, even dummer script to a point where it can't even be enjoyed as a B-movie anymore, fucking universal ammo, resource system and the subsequent MT, lazy shoved in coop...
But really, it's the constant "been there, done that" that kills it.

Co-op.

Well that was easy.

>co-op
>in a dead space game
>good

We should all be happy the dead space franchise is dead, otherwise, we might have gotten a RE6 equivalent.

Well in the first game you felt more like you were Isaac. In the second and third it felt more or less you were just playing a character with its own personality. You dont really feel that linked to the character anymore.

Give me your top 3 reasons for why this game is so good, I got it for free with Xbox gold awhile back but haven't touched it yet, I just need the proper motivation.

>co-op
>not good

It's the best shit ever in videogames.

>horror

No user. Dead Space is awful for that.

>Play DS Extraction
>Actual group interactions
>When alone you can hear your character rambling and losing his sanity to a point where he's an incoherent mess
>"Oh man, a voiced Isaac 2 will be awesome!"

>Play Dead Space 2
>70% of the script is "FUCK - SHIT"
>Marker insanity just makes Isaac edgy and justifies his convenient amnesia
>"Fuck you and fuck your marker" ends up being the most memorable quote

>70% of the script is "FUCK - SHIT"

Well it's perfect.

Top tier atmosphere and sound, excellent mechanics like cutting limbs with weapons and basically a gravity gun on your arm and a stasis module that slows down enemies, zero g segments are fun as fuck. great pacing throughout the game and interesting story.

More than 3 I guess but whatever.

>zero g segments

I don't think there are any in the first one.

If you play it self aware like HoTD Overkill, then yeah, but in DS2's case it was just utter laziness and an attempt at attracting the bro crowd.

There are. you only have gravity boots but you can jump to the walls and ceilings and shit. No jetpack in the first game but there are zero g segments.

RE5 and 6 weren't good

I gave up on Evil Within during the boss fight in the parking lot. Solid game with only a few minor complaints otherwise.

>It's the best shit ever in videogames.
If it's forced in like in RE5, no. If it is an addition to the SP, sure.

>Dead Space is awful for horror.
So dead space is awful? Because horror is all it does.

The character isn't a powerful demon slayer. The same comparison doesn't work.

Well the attempt improved the game. Made stomping 100% more satisfying. Having to listen to him rambling on about shit would have made it annoying a la

>Shadows of the Damned

Don't overlook this one.

>forced in

Explain.

>Shadows of the Damned

This game was fucking garbage.

the gun building system was an improvement. if you liked the old system, it was still there anyway

Gun building would have been great if it didnt break the game completely. Also its the reason they dropped in universal ammo.

Oh when you explain it like that it totally justifies the script being annoying and filled with "FUCK - SHIT". You got it Dr. Video Games.

Evil Within is fantastic.

No worries, faggot. Glad to see somebody else actually enjoys playing videogames and not just watching movies.

System Shock 2 is like Dead Space in first person.

>walk into a room
>about 10 necromorphs crawl out of vents
>kill them
>two exits from the room
>one is locked
>go the other way
>next room has more necromorphs
>get a key from the room
>go back to the room with the locked door
>even more necromorphs

It's awful

More like Dead Space is System Shock 2 in third person considering the game started out as a sequel to that game.

It is but people will shit on it for not being RE4.

This is every dead space game though

I love both, I don't know why everything has to be a contest.

Not him but I'm guessing he means the locked out missions and content that you have to play with a partner and the fact that whenever a cutscene appears Carver shows up out of thin air like he was there the whole time with you everytime even though you are playing alone.

In SP though, Carver spends the entire game with Ellie and the other characters and only ever shows up in scenes with them. It's actually really strange since he's as generic as all the other red-shirt NPCs that appear throughout the game, but has this weird level of importance despite that. May as well have had him get killed off, since he's such a pointless character outside of co-op.

People shit on TEW for having an awful PC port with letterboxing at release. The funny thing is, RE4 on gamecube had letterboxing in widescreen mode as well while the PS2 version was the first to remove it and most RE4 fans will blindly defend the gamecube version.

what happened with this guys again? suicide?

Scientology fags that killed themselves to return to Xenu

If he means that then he's a retard, since he seems to be claiming that co-op is shit because his single player experience becomes ruined.

Are you implying this isn't the case for RE5?

> tfw I enjoyed playing with letterboxing more than without it

Dark Souls 2
even dark souls 3 being good, the lore part was kinda ruined just by dark souls 2 existing. It should had ignored that Dark Souls 2 happened and say that it was a dream or another dimension or whatever. Dark Souls 2 don't makes sense and Dark Souls 3 try to explain all the shit in DS2 but it's hard to make up shit to justify ds2 its not really cool would be better if they just had ignored it.

No. I'm saying I don't give a fuck about the quality of the single player in RE5 because the best mode to play on that game is co-op.

>f33l written over some breasts

What did they mean by that?

It's just a movie poster

>"Fuck you and fuck your marker" ends up being the most memorable quote

True and fucking sad.

>being upset that your game about killing endless zombies doesn't have a plot or quotes reminiscent of shakespeare