I honestly never gave a fuck about Bloodborne or any of the other chinese ps4 exclusive but pic related being exclusive...

I honestly never gave a fuck about Bloodborne or any of the other chinese ps4 exclusive but pic related being exclusive actually rustles my jimmies as fuck.

It's unbelievable that it didn't get the same backlash as Tomb Raider did when it was announced as Xbone exclusive.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/746405244154744832
youtube.com/watch?v=xb8ZhKgieTw
youtube.com/watch?v=czTksCF6X8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=BNN2aAz_-E0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Spider-Man is officially a first party IP. Traded the movie rights for the game rights. There's no backlash because that's how capitalism works.

NEVER EVER

no spidy 2 swinging no buy

You're not missing much.

Can anyone even name one Marvel game let alone a Spider-Man game that was actually good?

>It's unbelievable that it didn't get the same backlash as Tomb Raider did when it was announced as Xbone exclusive.

That's because a lot of people believe "Hmph, it will get ported to other platforms eventually, anyway. I mean, come on. It's Spider-Man".

Insomniac has rarely made a bad game, dude. This could be it.

A few Spiderman 2 and the ultimate were great. And this one looks even better because it's made by Insomniac.

>That's because a lot of people believe "Hmph, it will get ported to other platforms eventually, anyway. I mean, come on. It's Spider-Man".
It won't though. TR had better chances of that.

And those people are all wrong kek

Tomb Raider was always going to be timed exclusive. Sony owns the movie rights to Spiderman so it makes sense that they'd acquire the game rights as well.

That's not how it works

When would Tomb Raider ever get a backlash about being exclusive when PS owners have Uncharted?

It's fucking Spiderman that's why

Nobody gives a shit about unfagged, while TR is a franchise that always had fans across all platforms.

Pretty sure Sony owns the Spider Man game rights. And also, while I don't think Insomniac is a first party developer for them, they do have the tendency to make Playstation exclusives.

It makes sense. I also don't know why I replied to a shitpost.

>what is sunset overdrive

>One xbone exclusive amidst multiple generations of playstation exclusives

Notice how I said they had the tendency to, not that they always do.

They don't own the vidya rights

That's how its working though.

A game everyone forgot about after a few weeks with "humor" so bad that it put Borderlands 2 to shame

But Spider-man was literally just in that Lego Marvel game, and that has no affiliation with Sony

Except the new TR is NOTHING like the previous ones you dumb fuck, fans of the older games don't give a shit about a reboot which copies Uncharted action oriented gameplay, but doest it worse

>not giving a fuck about Yakuza 6 or Yakuza 0 or Ishin

Go fuck yourself

It's the same situation as the latest Avengers movie. Sony owns the rights to spiderman films but they let Marvel use him in it.

Why do you think people were so mad about it then?

I'm surprised they didn't make avengers a playstation exclusive movie like uncharted or the last of us for example

Ultimate Alliance + X-Men Legends, Spider-Man 2 + Web of Shadows + Ultimate Spider-Man (Shattered Dimensions was alright, too), Marvel Super Heroes + MvC, Punisher, Wolverine Origins, Hulk: UD

They're bigger problem is that they're almost all the same genre, and when they deviate out of it, they don't produce a convincing super hero game.

It's sort of a mixed bag here. It's not about rights, but it's just part of the whole Sony/Marvel split on Spidey. Marvel's VP said Spidey is the first step to rebuilding a new vision of bringing back Marvel to video games and partnered with Sony to create the first one. Sony doesn't want multiplats, so it's their decision to keep it PS4 exclusive.

twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/746405244154744832

The VP of Games at Marvel has already said that this future of Marvel games isn't going to be a "Sony exclusive" line of games, and that there will likely be different partnerships as time goes on, especially after regarding Activision has been the partner for the last decade or so.

That's literally throwing money to trash on Marvel's part. The business wise decision would be to make a multiplat game, not a fucking exclusive one.

NX exclusive Captain America.

Spider Man 1 and 2 on PSX and DC
Spider Man 2 on PS2 and Xbox (GC too?)
Ultimate Spider Man
Web of Shadows

They were all pretty alright before the Amazing came out

More like ant-man lmao

>Whenever he goes small, you play on the smaller screen

Hey, it might work.

>What is Resistance

On the other note, if there is a game that can convince me to buy a PS4, it's this one. Fuck Bloodbore, fuck Final Fantasy, even fuck Nioh I need a Spider-man game that can surpass Web of Shadows.

No, it's not. Marvel didn't sell video game rights to specific characters when they went bankrupt like they did with movie rights

Shit, that doesn't even sound bad

No I won't, I'm not a gay. Also, Yakuza is gay af tbqh

When is the expected release date? I hate how they announce these games 4-5 years before release now.

When does Homecoming come out?

Marvel doesn't get video games, but that's the point. They're trying to rebrand them as interesting to capitalize on the birth of cape culture. Partnering with Sony is probably their best chance at putting out a AAA game that'll have the polish and marketing to get people aware of it's existence. And it's worked, it's up on the E3 stage, people are talking about it and it's one of Sony's bigger games shown off this year. And that's exactly why Activision failed as time went on because everything looked like it was low budget shovelware near the end of the contract as if to squeeze as much money out of it.

To say that it won't sell because "it's exclusive" is underestimating the console market share Sony has this gen along with just how insanely popular both Spider-man and Marvel media are.

>resistance saga
>fuse
>sunset overdrive
>post crack in time ratchet
that's like half theur games m8

>no spidy 2 swinging no buy
This desu.
Post golden face all you want, but if this is worse than Spiderman 2, no one will give a shit about this game, regadless of it's esclusivity.
youtube.com/watch?v=xb8ZhKgieTw
youtube.com/watch?v=czTksCF6X8Y

I don't know. Next year?

This is the only hope for the ps4. I like western games more than jap ones. Crucify me if you want but I just like west better. But yeah I don't think it should be an exclusive. Exclusives are lame. They divide us.

July 17.

have a happy negro youtube.com/watch?v=BNN2aAz_-E0

>17

I mean 7.

Well there you go

Probably fall 2017, maybe early 2018

They've owned the movie rights for forever it was only a matter of time before it bled into vidya senpai.

Dry your eyes and buy a ps4.

>phat ps3 literally had the spiderman font on it
>no exclusive ps3 spiderman game
Wew

Spiderman 2 swinging was great.
Everything else was meh to shit.

Yeah Bbbut spoder is in MCU now. So maybe he can be on Xbox if they can do a deal.

Easy. PSX Spiderman was great for 90s era spidey fans and was genuinely fun and well designed.
Ps2 Spiderman 2 had world-class tier swinging and made you gotta go fast.
Ultimate had a good storyline presentation and Venom gameplay.

Web of Shadows was probably the most creative and bravest attempt at a unique Spiderman experience. Darker storyline, branching choices, companion summoning, suit style switch, in-air-to-ground-to-wall-combat (literally the only Spidey game with wall combat), beautiful city, grest villain design.

Shattered Dimensions was short but fun too.

As far as capeshit games go, Spiderman actually received the most love and somewhat good games. The same cannot be said for other capes like Superman, Captain, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk etc..

Yes, they literally did. That's part of the deal for Homecoming, SONY gets boxoffice earnings and Videogame rights.

>Spider-man
>The most love/best games.

There's more "good game" in the Arkham series than there is in all the Spidey games combined.

And I hate Arkham Knight.

Exclusives at this day and age are a travesty.
It used to make sense with different consoles specialized for different things, with different audiences, but god damn they're all the same "please everybody" demographic now.
Even PC ports don't mean shit now, as they're clearly designed with a controller in mind, and only indie titles take advantage of the completely different necessities of a KB/M.
Gaming is a big, samey, streamlined mush now.
I'm not going out of my way to buy a console for 3 "unique" experiences that all boil down to shit I could play elsewhere but with a different flavor.

Spider-Man games got it right with the world traversing, but everything else is super mediocre.
I have yet to play a Spidey game written above a 6th grade level with a combat system that didn't feel like bootleg GoW.

What are some games where I can shit on the legacy of a world-famous character I claim to love that's been on this Earth for twice as long as I have and all its myriad stories that have been told so I can shill my OCs that everyone hates so strongly their comics only started selling after they were taken away from me and given to another writer?

Give me on5 examples of exclusives that were totally unique experiences that I could not get anywhere else except on the one platform.
And no RTS games because duh.

>Sunset Overdrive
>bad
Nigger I will fight you

I don't think Silk is really a big seller

Wonderful 101 is pretty much the only one I can think of.

>Ishin
but that's not coming to the west.

I hope you can also play as Venom

Scarlet Spider was really cool

Yes, but even her current mediocrity is a step up from how poorly received she was under Slott.

And then Slott fucking killed him

He only thinks its bad because its not on the ps4
It is pretty fun though, sad multiplayer died.

Killed them BOTH

>The final image in a Spider-Man thread is a dead Ben Reilly
I can't let it end this way.

Have a page of the better times, and remember they'll always be there no matter what lies ahead.

It'll come to pc, dont worry.

Spider-Man Blue is one of my all time favorite comics. God bless

Resistance was fucking great.

Fight me you fucking faggot.