In light of recent Paper Mario news, let's have a thread about spiritual successors to the TTYD formula

In light of recent Paper Mario news, let's have a thread about spiritual successors to the TTYD formula

BUG user I SUMMON YOU!

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/779383179845042176
pastebin.com/HvHDL1mD
youtube.com/watch?v=dgzChiVsgUw
twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/779405674325258241
youtube.com/watch?v=MKSixu2nwdg
paperbugdev.tumblr.com/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>let's have a thread about spiritual successors to the TTYD formula

>Stick of Truth
>

There's an user that posts here sometimes that's making a game similar to paper Mario, except it's based around bugs. Looks quite promising.

NEVER EVER

I want to stick my dick in Puni

Seriously nigger?

Think about it.

twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/779383179845042176

There's no real game in development of this right? That's what I heard, but I'd love it if I was wrong

This?

It's still a real stretch considering it's the spiritual successor to another series entirely and the sense of humour, aesthetics, etc. is far more in line with that.

I've never attempted Wii U homebrew and loaders and such, but this has me tempted. Mainly because I can't envision myself paying money for this unless it's secondhand and for collection purposes.

Wii U Homebrew is extremely simple at the moment. You put something on a SD card & just go on a site & load it up pretty much.

pastebin.com/HvHDL1mD

Ye

So does that means CS is already dumped and IOSU is coming?

Sweet, thanks user. Love that there's no real system modification.

I love it too. Enjoy having your Mii Maker be up to a shitload of hours by the way, it counts it as you playing that channel the whole time.

How to use this?

Be aware that Loadiine still doesn't support online games, so you have to either wait for IOSU or buy the online games right now, like Splatoon and MK8.

The green dude really reminds me of someone. I can't put my finger on who but either a vidya or anime character (possibly both).

Stick of Truth is trash

>Everyone crying about Paper Cirno not being real
>Paper Tenko exists yet no one cares about it since it doesn't look like it has multi-million dollar graphics that Paper Cirno would have if it was real

Henshin a go go baby

Meta Knight?

Metabee

Where is the loadiine dump?

There's another guy who posts on here occasionally working on a Paper Daisy game.

Give it time. To occupy yourself listen to the OST, here's Iggy's Battle theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=dgzChiVsgUw

Do we know the filesize? I only have a 8GB SD card.

twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/779405674325258241

>Summons bug user
Maybe one day people will remember I exist. I'm hyped to see what they're working on too. Demo soon

9gb

Does anyone have the OST rip? With proper tracknames? I mean, I know Youtube exists. But I prefer something more hifi.

I don't think so, all we have is Youtube currently & even those are still being uploaded so far.
youtube.com/watch?v=MKSixu2nwdg

yeah I just hate having to sit through 15 minutes of the same track. I get people like that but I just don't

I can wait I guess

What is it OP
I managed to fix badge stuff so I am moving to UI stuff in battle to show how many turns remain in status effects
Also waiting the loadiine dumb

I WANT TO KNOW MORE

is this unity or a custom engine? looks pretty nice stylistically.

but the autistic fanbase is what these two games have in common.That's what he's getting at

It's unity, but I am making everything myself and not using any premade asset or anything from the asset store
I don't like to mention it because people call it a meme but it all depends of how you use it

thats pretty awesome senpai godspeed on this project, do you have a blog or anything to follow it on?

Eh. That's still such a broad comparison when you consider how many fanbases are that way (see also: Sonic). If something has a decently sized fanbase, the wrong kind of people will eventually ogle it. If it's niche, it might be almost exclusively weird.

>White daisy
The original brown .qt design was perfect. Where's my spicy flower

Looks really good man. Keep it up!

I don't really agree with him i was just spelling out the "lol undertale" joke he was going for

Is there a blog or something where I can read up on this?

paperbugdev.tumblr.com/

Here is a webm of the poison and poison counter working in game. Mushroom attack is obviously incomplete. now I have a glitch that if someone dies of poison the game freezes

Damn, that looks pretty good. I'm definitely interested in following progress if you have a blog or whatever.

Bookmarked. This looks so much more awesome in motion.

You should call it something like Swarm Stories

I'm guessing that the bug stems from the battle ending "outside of a turn". Maybe have some placeholder enemy in the code that's used to calculate poison damage instead? That way it's considered enemy damage?

Need help with anything at all?

Glad you'll never get this.

(!)

I might look into getting some artists later but first I want to finish the mechanics, I can do it on my own
No it is because it keeps skipping the player's turn infinitely for some reason, I need to find what is causing it

If you ever wanted someone to help with writing, I'd be more than happy to help

Would you consider releasing the basic engine when you're done?

>Paper Tenko
Do you play as Cirno?

I was going to point out the allies bugs' animations in battle looks strange, out of place, and not happy enough in comparison of Paper Mario's animation in battle, but then I read in your tumblr that everything is a placeholder so far.

As far as I'm seeing the videos, everything looks good enough to be playable, and it's different enough for not be spotted by NOA's lawyers and take down it. I hope you can do it.

I'm trying to get the system done before I move to art, so everything has minimal animations.
I still might hire an artist to focus on that full time while I fix/add more stuff
But that's for another time