Anybody else kinda miss when everyone just called video games murder training sims and simply wanted them banned?

Anybody else kinda miss when everyone just called video games murder training sims and simply wanted them banned?

Other urls found in this thread:

americasarmy.com/
escapistmagazine.com/news/view/132358-Fox-News-Links-Dark-Souls-to-Craigslist-Killer
arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/09/new-chat-logs-show-how-Cred
youtube.com/watch?v=xGOueq31ZkY
youtube.com/watch?v=RcrUj8DKiBY
thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/09/23/anita-sarkeesian-on-life-after-gamergate-i-want-to-be-a-human-again.html
thisisvideogames.com/gamergatewiki/index.php?title=Gamers_Are_Dead
archive.is/eBVCb#selection-645.1-645.134
youtube.com/watch?v=Lje1viM_djY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh yeah i member that

member hot coffee?

yea

quick Cred Forums, give me a shooty game that's so realistic it could qualify as a gunfight training simulator

From a court order [floridasupremecourt.org]:

"Thompson may petition the Court, but may do so only through the assistance of counsel, whenever such counsel determines that the filing has merit and can be filed in good faith. However, Thompsons frivolous and abusive filings must immediately come to an end. Further, if Thompson submits a filing in violation of this order, he may be subjected to contempt proceedings or other appropriate sanctions. All other pending petitions, motions, and requests for relief filed by Thompson are hereby denied without prejudice."

Its a bit long but hey it's legalese for SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU RETARDED CUNT!

I wish they banned video games. video games was a mistake. They've gone too far

I wonder if old Jacko was preaching about sexism rather than violence. Would he still have been laughed out of court every time?

Not in the slightest. That shit got really fucking old.

You could say it's better than the shit we're dealing with now but I mean, garbage being better than shit doesn't mean it isn't garbage. That was still a witch hunt at the end of the day and like with rock music or comic books or movies or any other new medium it was really goddamn infuriating putting up with those people when I just wanted to enjoy some mindless entertainment.

americasarmy.com/

Yes. I also miss the times when you could talk about political video game shit like OP's pic in Cred Forums without everyone squealing about it and mods banning it.

Yeah. Now it's all this gender rubbish. ITS A VIDEOGAME NOT A FUCKING SOAP BOX.

escapistmagazine.com/news/view/132358-Fox-News-Links-Dark-Souls-to-Craigslist-Killer

> "We do know that she has an affinity for the fantasy game called Dark Souls, which is a very dark, death-laden video game that's on PlayStation and other kinds of video-type things where there's a lot of killing involved."

No.

thats kind of like saying i miss the days when i had violent shits all the time when today i vomit all the time

I like how Gamer Gate briefly partnered up with this guy. Lol, ethics indeed.

The difference is that now the censors work inside the industry and are applauded by the gaming press instead of ridiculed.

Except not, the days Jack Thompson reigned had no direct impact on developers actually trying to please periferical crowds.

It caused media uproar behind media uproar, yet all they did was bitch about and deem video games as muderer enablers.

The foundation of the ESRB is the biggest thing to come out, that's it.

I'll take that over the gamergate oppression and pushing social justice issues into video games as of currently.

Basically, I just wish Gearbox didn't exist.

>and are applauded by the gaming press instead of ridiculed.
It ain't even the same press from the nineties.

It's not that the media converted into politically correct watchdogs, is that new people started infecting the medium.

If they actually brought sexism to court they would still be laughed out of it. That's why they take it to social media and act like everyone who is attracted to women is a perverted monster.

Classic

What is he even doing these days?

Kinda hard to even think Jack Thompson actually wanted to ban violent video games, considering he had a funny appearance in Pen & Teller's Bullshit tv show, the episode about questioning if violent video games create little muderers.

I think Thompson was just trying to appear on the news to promote himself, even if he passed as an idiot on Fox News, bad publicity still is publicity.

I cringed when I read that all those years ago
and I double cringed now. Why has he always been so fucking insufferable

Well, like I said, he was briefly involved with gamer gate for a while, wich I find pretty hilarious.

It's been a long ass time so I might be wrong but I don't think his thing was really "ban violent games" so much as "make it borderline impossible for minors to get their hands on them with government regulation" or something.

>2005
>Buckley is 24
>2016
>Buckley is 35 now

Cringe is even harder now

Oldfags, question:
Was Jack Thompson as annoying back then as Shmuhnita Blarkeesian was?

yeah. also it was better when erotism was banned because of puritanism instead of feminism

They were annoying but ultimately pretty powerless

Anti-video games shit has really evolved, before they just wanted to ban it which was never going to go anywhere, but now they just bully any developers who don't conform to their beliefs into being more diverse

No because didn't really have vocal support, all he sparked was continous Fox News documentaries on video games being the reason Columbine happened.

He was quite literally laughed out in any major press, hell, video game magazines had parodies on him all the time.

>Sodomizes Giraffes

>considering he had a funny appearance in Pen & Teller's Bullshit tv show, the episode about questioning if violent video games create little muderers.

I remember that episode

>show a kid that's a self-admitted huge fan of "violent" games
>jokingly say "well he likes violent games, clearly he's being trained for murder, let's take him to a gun range"
>he shoots a gun
>freaks the fuck out and is crying like the little kid he is
>episode just ends on him going home not wanting to ever do that again

never thought it'd give me feels

Naw
Garbage is better than garbage covered in dog shit but it's till garbage and I don't want it.

No because Jack had a legitimate point, a 8 year old shouldn't be playing call of duty because it does turn them into angry little shits. Then again it wasn't the game companies fault it was just shity parent's out there. I didn't agree with Jack but he had a valid reason at least.

Puritanism was dying out and not taken seriously by the time they started taking an interest in video games.

Jack would have been better off going after the parents rather than the companies.

So, an old white guy wants to censor video games, but hey it's no biggie.

A feminists says that "Hey, there is a lot of sexism and bigotry in the gaming communities, and in video games proper. You guys might want to adress that". Suddenly there is an outraged, and threats of rape and death are played of as harmless jokes, while proper and legitimate criticism is compared to an Orwellian dystopia.

I will never underatand gamers.

This. For all the dumb shit he did and say, Jack really seemed to have the best intentions in mind.

>implying this attitude has gone away

Submitted for your approval.

>all those words

It's not fair, why did D&D get the cool shit. I wish people thought I was an evil warlock that could control the weather and summon plagues because I played GTA.

The dude preaching about violent video games being bad, then just saying he loves real guns was really funny.

>Anti-video games shit has really evolved

>"Hey, there is a lot of sexism and bigotry in the gaming communities, and in video games proper. You guys might want to adress that"
It's the fact that she equates such things to how it affects us in our everyday lives and how it "harms" and "reinforces harmful stereotypes against women", but presents little to zero evidence of that ACTUALLY happening in the real world makes her annoying.
Jack wasn't without criticism either.

>"I'm not violent."
>"Don't fuck with us, OR ELSE!"

This is actually not bad.

Shhh! You're ruining the narrative.

>2016
>WoW

>Please buy my maze book.

>Yfw liberal SJWs in 2016 are where bible-thumping conservative nutjobs were in the 90s

Also that she played the victim narrative to garner even more attention.
>HELP! HELP! WOMAN in danger!
>Look at all these MEAN TWEETS I'm getting because a WOMEN DARES speak up against the INJUSTICES done to FICTIONAL VIDEO GAME WOMAN!!

>Why do these shitlords have a problem with us implying that they're evil awful people for enjoying things and that it's a moral imperative for them to change the things they like into something that's more acceptable to me? UGH!

On one hand, many out of touch people did end up believing that video games caused violence, and if you talked to old folks they'd often be convinced that it was the truth. These days the general public pushes against the sexism bullshit because they know it's ridiculous.
On the other hand, back in the day developers and the gaming press laughed at the accusations and just did what they wanted. These days the SJWs are involved in development and the press and are actively poisoning the well with their stupid shit.

I still think I liked the old days better.

Lol. This is the perfect ending to his ambulance chasing. Didn't know they made this ruling but it's a nice bit of closure from all those magazine articles I read about him in as a kid.

Which only makes it more ironic when many of her critics made sex jokes and jew jokes about her, because women are often sex objects in media and jews are portrayed as greedy and she made a lot of money from her Kick Starter. But oh well.

>Jack Thompson never got death threats
Whatever you say, Anita.

They are not implying that all gamers are shitlords, they are simply stating the fact that there is a huge shitlord-problem in gaming, and most other nerd hobbies. The fact that so many of you get so defensive is only confirming said accusations.

>They are not implying that all gamers are shitlords
Gamers are dead

Oh he got plenty of shit alright. He was the Sarkeesian of his day. But now all of a sudden people act like he's not a giant idiot because everyone is up in arms about feminists. Like the time gamergate, fucking gamergate, started sucking his cock because he said something about Anita. It is pretty transparent and ridiculous what is going on, and you guys aren't fooling anyone. Not that you care, just thought I'd tell you.

>they are simply stating the fact that there is a huge shitlord-problem in gaming, and most other nerd hobbies
I'll bite.
Like what, user?

>UGH! I didn't say ALL gamers were shitlords you stupid shitlord. I'm just saying you have a moral obligation to oppose all shitlordy in gaming as prescribed by me, your moral superior. By the way disagreeing with me proves you are a shitlord. Stop criticizing my criticism.

You never actually read the article, did you?

I read around six of them, actually.

Yeah, it meant video games were that one last little step away from old people and women spending money on them and turning them completely normie. Not that I want vidya to be a secret club or anything, but once companies who market to normies find out something is profitable they go out of their way to homogenize and ruin it.

fuck off, you nigger cunt

People act like he's not a giant idiot now because after he got disbarred he mellowed the fuck out and has simply campaigned to restrict minors' access to adult games.

How bout the fact that a single woman criticizing video games turned into a months long campaign of death - rape - and bomb threats?

Or that the Zoe Quinn thing that started the whole gamer gate debacle was complete bull from the get go?

>a months long campaign of death - rape - and bomb threats?
[citation needed]
The "victim" in question is not a valid source.
>the whole gamer gate debacle was complete bull from the get go?
I see that facts hold no meaning to you.

>months long campaign of death - rape - and bomb threats
Do you believe in allah as well?

>Zoe Quinn thing that started the whole gamer gate debacle was complete bull
Nah.

Fact is, a bunch of alt-right neo-nazi anti feminists used some guys drunken tweets in order to recruit teenaged gamers to their embarassing cause. Check it out.

arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/09/new-chat-logs-show-how-Cred Forums-users-pushed-gamergate-into-the-national-spotlight/

How does it feel getting cucked?

>How bout the fact that a single woman criticizing video games turned into a months long campaign of death - rape - and bomb threats?
See No one, and I mean NO ONE, would have CARED if she hadn't brought it to the public's attention that she was receiving such flamboyant comments made towards her.
Fun Fact: No one cared when it was John McIntoch doing that.

Oldfag here that will actually tell you the truth and not nostalgia-goggle my way through it.

Jack Thompson was a joke but we kept being angry at him all the time and treating him like he was a real threat.

In other words, he was exactly like Anita Sarkeesian

>Or that the Zoe Quinn thing that started the whole gamer gate debacle was complete bull from the get go?

And people say historical revisionism isn't a thing

Have you declared war on a cartoon frog today?

>The foundation of the ESRB is the biggest thing to come out, that's it.

wat

Look it up. If not for me, then for your own sake. You're being played, son.

Sure, as much a threat as every other time someone was yelling at a governmental body to ban video games, just like every other times since the point mortal kombat originally came out and rap about COP KILLAN was new and novel.
By the time he showed up most of the fangs of that movement and way of thought had been sanded down to nubs and didn't carry anywhere near the threat they once did, and it didn't influence shit except rockstar having to put out new revisions of a GTA to remove an exploitable thing.

The shit is with the new breed of THESE VIDEO GAMES ARE BAD, DO THIS THING is that this current movement has shown it can actually influence what's going on in the industry to some degree, which makes it far fucking worse.

Oh yes, I am sure it was a mere coincidence that once people started discussing Quinn's questionable activities every single media outlet was pumping out articles about the "death of gamers" at the same time

But as always, history is told by the victors

Answer my question. How does it feeligetting cucked by a bunch of Cred Forumstards? Do you enjoy doing their bidding?

kek

it's that fucking patriarchy again, conspiring to oppress virtual women or whatever.

>this current movement has shown it can actually influence what's going on in the industry to some degree
To a completely meaningless degree, you mean.

They changed cover art from one woman to show less tits

There are SJW's making their own games

Shit that would never be considered "SJW propaganda" is now considered as such because we need a boogeyman to be afraid of. Deus Ex and Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines would both be endlessly shat on for being too SJW if they released today

What "questionable activities" are you refering to?

I'm straight from Cred Forums you minging cunt.

How does it feel that opinions you don't agree with aren't, after all, going to be made illegal in the US (at least not for 4 years)?

HOW DOES IT FEEL

I think he's talking about the shitstorm back then with violence in vidya lead to the creating of the ESRB rating to make it more restricted for people IE: kids, from getting a hold of anything that was deemed harmful or graphic.

All the media scandals and shit

Once people started digging that shit up everyone was trying to bury it, and a combination of falseflaggers and news articles have completely rewritten history to a disgusting level.

Shagging people in the games media, presumably.

Kotaku staff are questionable for exploiting the poor womyn too.

oh wow people remember this guy
remember the other guy leland yee? arrested for weapons trafficking
and why do none of these ultra-liberal video game faggots not remember hillary clinton throwing in with these guys

Openly admitting to using Cred Forums is basicslly just playing into my argument, so I'll allow it.

He personifies the indie-hipster-trash whothinks he's above the violence peasants pretty well.

>Cred Forums can't go a single thread without mentioning Cred Forums

Is Cred Forums the new boogeyman of this board?

Oh, you mean that time her free to play flash game was mentioned in an article, with about 50 other games? Months before she started datong the guy who wrote the article?

I wonder what it's like to know that everything you've poured your life into for a decade was for nothing and doesn't matter. Social justice in video games is the most pointless fucking crusade I've ever heard of. How people could give a woman hundreds of thousands of dollars to make vague grunting noises about the patriarchy and how vidya is only good if it caters to the most vocal subset of an audience is beyond me.

It's not much a bogeyman if they force their presence

Try several articles, with numerous pieces of evidence, further evidenced by the swarm of anti-video game player articles that immediately followed this from every news outlet try to move the goalposts.

I'm really tired of uninformed newfags parroting what they're spoonfed to think.

>Admitting you come from Cred Forums
Holy shit, and here I thought I was being baited with the things you've been saying.

So what was Cred Forums's nefarious plan with regard to Quinn and subsequent events then, you sweaty fanny crease? Bearing in mind of course that the Five Guys controversy originated on Cred Forums.

It was seen as an improper relationship for devs and the media to have. Nevertheless, there was very little discussion about it until mods went nuclear on Cred Forums and leddit deleting any mention of it. "Gamergate" was a demonstration of the Streisand effect.

memes are the real mistake banned memes

LMAO I BET HE'S NO EVEN #WITHHER

Half of the time people start accusing people of being Cred Forums before any evidence is formed

I can only wonder how cucked Cred Forums is by the Sarkeesians

This.

It's hard to believe, but everyone was pretty much on the same side back then.

>1990s / 2000s
>conservatives blame video games for violence
>gaming media defends us

>2010
>regressive leftists accuse video games of being sexist
>gaming media throws us under the bus

What the fuck happened?

That's because no one listened to Jack while a lot of people listen to Anita Sarkeesian. She is the person who gave birth to the modern video game feminazi, but since Cred Forums supported her Kickstarter they like to pretend she does no harm.

Not even close.

>tfw Jack resurfaced when GTA V came out and had a full blown meltdown

>"They should be insulted, just as Jesus insulted the Pharisees. The problem with gamers is that their addiction has made them retarded," he told us. "Have a nice and stupid day."
>"Enjoy killing people," he wrote back. "And you aren't killing virtual people. You are killing real people. You are an apologist for an industry that knowingly trains people how to kill and to want to kill. Blood is on your hands. Losing a law license is a very small price to pay in order to stand against this evil. I would be delighted to lose it again, because assholes like you, who don't care about anything other than their own fun, spit in the face not just of innocent people but in the face of God. You are presently spiritually dead. If you awaken, great. Until then, I have work to do so stop bothering me, you idiot."

Yeah, there where like 3 articles where he mentioned her free to play games. All months before they started dating. Meanwhile Bethesda flew tonnes of pre-reviewed "journalists" to a press conference to showcase their latest game, to thunderous applauds. Remember all the rape threats those journalist got?

It was a simpler time

Now we just have landwhales crying about shit

Anita is irrelevant as fuck, man
In fact, most of the internet warriors that Cred Forums shit their pants about a few years ago are irrelevant as fuck

>Cred Forums actually thinks that triggered landwhales crying on their tumblrs affects anything
They may be dumb but they're not important

US GAMERS would never have know Anita existed if it weren't for the media.

It causes one to ponder.

>Remember all the rape threats those journalist got?

All of which didn't really happen or were false flaggers. There has been proof in the past that Zoe Quinn made up a lot of the threats.

Man, that pic of Jack Thompson sure brought me back to the 90's when democrats were trying to censor everything they didn't like out of existence. It's a shame we've come so far from this simple times to today, when democrats want to censor everything they don't like out of existence.

Video games have been changed in the past because of them and because of them there are a lot more games that pander to them. Again, you're pretending she's irrelevant because Cred Forums is responsible for her success.

Anita hasn't done any harm. She's a fraud who bilked gullible idealists out of their money, and everybody who doesn't have a hand fully jammed up their ass flapping their lips can see that.

This kids black parents have really changed in 5 years

>you're pretending she's irrelevant because Cred Forums is responsible for her success.
Explain.

When she first popped up there were threads supporting her and telling people to donate to her Kickstarter. And they did.

>Anita hasn't done any harm.

Did you spend 2014 and 2015 living under a rock?

So basically, gamers are usually terrible people that should be avoided at all costs?

You cheeky cunt I see what you did there

The media would never heard of Anitia if you guys never harrassed her like you did. You cucked your selves, and now you'll pay the price.

Anita was never harassed. The media made up this bullshit because they know most people are gullible fucks who eat up anything they are told.

The irony of this image which faGGots use over and over is that the solution back then was to ignore the retards. It's still the solution today, but no, apparently we have to obsess over what all these retards say and do, follow their blogs and twitters and let everyone on Cred Forums, reddit and 8gag know every single day what the SJWs are having for breakfast lunch and dinner.

>just ignore them lol

Tell that to all the developers who give in to all their bitching every day, then

>when democrats were trying to censor everything they didn't like out of existence

You think Republicans weren't and aren't still doing the same shit?

WHERE'S THE JOKE KEKLEY?

>there were threads supporting her and telling people to donate to her Kickstarter. And they did.
Ok THIS is new to me. Not sure if I believe you on this one, but the main argument I keep hearing is Cred Forums MADE her famous by "harassing" her, to which there's no proof of that.

A tripfag from Cred Forums made the Beat Up Anita flashgame which is literally what got Anita on TV in the first place

You're a fucking moron. It wasn't some plane campaign like the clueless media claimed, because they don't understand the nature of hatemail. And neither do you, apparently. Let me clue you in: If you're on the internet you are going to get hate. No matter what you say, no matter who you are, no matter what you look like. Someone is always going to want you dead. The more controversial your opinion the greater the amount of hatemail. Hatemail is something so irrelevant and inconsequential that no one right in their mind would ever take it seriously. Then again, feminists are known for being quite nuts.

And then there are people like this who add fuel to the fire for the sake of watching it all burn.

>one tripfag = all of Cred Forums

Funfact: most of Cred Forums despises tripfags

She hasn't done any harm. The only harm Anita has ever done is it caused you faGGots to form a cringe-worthy movement for no reason other than to embarrass yourselves and me in the process.

I was never part of GG, cunt.

This is a fucking nightmare. No wonder noone wants to "debate" you guys. Here's the deal: If you get offended when someone tell you that a lot of gamers are bigots, then you are probanly a bigot. Got it? Good.

Most of us just wanna make our games in peace. But nope, the management and PR folks come in and say "you can't do this because people will get offended". I've had that happen on a project before.

Exactly. So the people who say they do no harm and can just be ignored are retarded.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, dude.

That's one less of a goalpost move.
>Cred Forums never harassed Anita
>oh wait, the very thing that got her on TV was made by a z-tier Cred Forumslebrity
>well not all of Cred Forums harassed her

I'm not even claiming Cred Forums led some crusade of hate. Most people didn't give a shit. But claiming absolutely everyone on Cred Forums are sweet innocent victims who dinnu do nuffin is just being disingenuous as fuck. Why even lie about it when we all know how many faGGots are here? I hate how everyone acts like a journalist is about to pop through their screens and interview them live on air. Why pretend nobody sent her shit?

Historical revisionism has really worked wonders on people like you

So if someone says most men are rapists, then I'm probably a rapist?

If your only comeback is trolling, then your argument is shit.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I'm kinda sick of those republicans who own Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Google trying to censor and suppress everything they don't like. I'm sure most people are also sick and tired of all those republican actors and comedians constantly shitting down everyone's throats about how they have to vote for Trump. That also goes for all those repuclican lawmakers who are constantly telling us we need to get in line behind republican agendas or we're racists, bigots, homophobes, islamophobes, xenophobes, etc.

Oh yeah, and I honestly never want to read another article about how all these republican colleges and universities keep shoving their safe spaces, and diversity quotas, and political correctness down everyone's throats.

And at the risk of sounding racist (I'm totally not!) I'm over republicans constantly ginning white people up into a frenzy to riot in cities around the country doing millions of dollars of damage to properties and people, every time a black cop shoots a white criminal waving a gun around at people

Nobody bitches about gamers more than Cred Forums, but if someone else criticizes gamers suddenly everyone here is expected to link arms and start an autistic holy war over it.

>muh gamer heritage
>we are many
>behead those who insult gamers

>If you get offended when someone tell you that a lot of gamers are bigots, then you are probanly a bigot.

Him and Jack were right.

Casuals ARE the monsters.

You are so far up your alt-right ass that not even King Arthur could pull you out.

No, it's just clear you don't know how shit actually went and just follow whatever Twitter and media articles say about it.

I'm not even a registered voter.

I serioisly struggle to understand how this statement is offensive. Please explain.

This is why I don't even watch tv anymore. I'm not going to waste another second of my day listening to republican shills on every channel telling me that I'm a racist if I don't vote for whatever GOP person they want elected this year or that if I don't buy into republican theories, I belong in jail.

US Army uses ARMA II mods as training sims.

I like how for the past 12 months the ghost of GG has become nothing more than a bunch of sad faggots saying "educate yourself" when faced with any level of criticism or debate whatsoever.
Anyone who thinks antiSJWs and SJWs aren't just groups of people with the same mental problem are kidding themselves.

If you read that sentence, you're a bigot.

This doesn't make any sense. Is it a meme? Am I being memed right now? You are legally obligated to tell me if you are a memer.

Not him but I was here on the very moment we started spamming Zoe is a whore threads with her nude pics and the moment we started shifting into GamerGate and suddenly everyone who mocked Zoe was a "shill trying to make GamerGate look bad"

I was here to see the start of cancerous GamerGate generals and I was here to see moot rightfully telling you fags to fuck off. I was here to see you promising your big exodus to 4x2, and then it happened and you fags still stuck around here.

I've also been here for when we gave a shit about journalism without it having to do with MUH SJW's, when Jeff Gerstmann got fired for giving Kane & Lynch a 7 out of 10.

And I've been here to see every form of retarded "MUH SJW's are ruining vidya" disguised as every possible incarnation of "censorship talk" or "ethics in video games journalism" threads.

You may fool newfags or people who just happened to not be browsing frequently back then, but you won't fool me with your revisionism. I've seen your faggot movement all the way through and I know that it's nothing more than Project Chanology 2.0

and yet people get called indecisive fence sitters for disliking two flavors of autism

Yet you neglect to mention how literally every news website posted articles saying "gamers are dead" at the same fucking time before any of the Cred Forums shit started.

There isn't a single GGer old enough to remember Chanology. That's why GG is full of kids while everyone old enough to remember is burying their heads in their hands.

Have you ever actually browsed the GG hashtag on twitter? It's literally underage shitposters. For a bigger laugh, search gamergate on deviantart and see just how many literal 12 year olds are part of this cringe crusade to save videogames from the liberal menace.

Christ, have we already forgotten Schwarzenegger's attempts to limit access to video games in California? It wasn't that long ago.

Republicans and democrats both do the same moralizing and attempts at censorship bullshit, they just do it for different reasons.

I understand that democrats are mostly running the show now but when the republicans were running things frankly it was a lot worse, e.g. The Hays Code, The Comics Code Authority, etc.

I wonder who's behind this post...

Crash Override Network.

>I was here!

Why?

NeoGAF seems more your style.

You sound extremley triggered right now. Is someone being a meanie on the internet? Do you have enough tampons for your sensitive vagina?

>oh no he said something I didn't mention
>time to meme

The massive wave of articles proved GG was right in their initial accusations.

>someone writes an article called gamers are dead
>it gets huge traffic and stirs massive controversy (mostly among people who are furious at what they think it says instead of what it says)
>every other site instantly hops on the bandwagon, copypasting segments of the article and essentially reposting it in order to cash in on the click rush

Actually look at those other articles. This is what happened. This is what happens every single day in clickbait blog journalism world. This is how it works. LOOK at those articles and see how many are just redirects to the original article.

It blows my fucking mind that over 2 years later GG is STILL using this total non-point as the very fucking foundation of all their illuminati-tier conspiracy theories.

Back to Cred Forums, reddit or cripple-chan, faggot. We have never tolerated you and you have always been out-voted. Don't fool yourself into thinking there was even a single moment where that wasn't the case.

Oh yeah, I'd much rather see games banned outright than see them occasionally made for a demographic that doesn't include me, I sure miss those days.

By the by here's a little bit of insight via chatlogs being read by a friendly neighborhood Dolphin Man that'll show you what Zoe and pals were up to during the start of this shitshow. Leaked by Arthur Chu, a former member of their little clique. I highly suggest whoever is interested investigate more, you'll find the logs easily enough.

Hint: They're everything that they claimed GGers were.

youtube.com/watch?v=xGOueq31ZkY

>she

fake and gay

>MUH SJW's are ruining vidya
"Ruining" may be a step too far, but the people who bitch about every single thing as being racist or sexist or whatever are a pain in the ass for us devfags.

Holy shit I'm not alone

>Hint: They're everything that they claimed GGers were.
It's long been known that alt-left SJW's and alt-right Cred Forumstards are basically indistinguishable from each other

I only remember reading the chatlogs in wich a bunch of alt righter conspired to recruit video gamers to their cause.

But hey, it's your life. Get cucked by whomever you like to cuck you.

>Broteam still cares about this shit enough to upload a 3 hour long video whining about ally-zone nerds trying to get rid of racist nerds

lmfao, what a gay

Of course you're not alone. We've always been in the silent majority.

>LMAO THE CHRISTIAN RIGHT

>Wow video games really do make us all racist and sexist

>he actually thought faGGots were ever anything other than an unbearably loud minority
GG and feminists deserve each other

Yeah, I've seen that article by Chu, and it's basically massively overblown nothing. There's also no way to verify the logs.

GG was in like August 2014 forward. Been a little longer than that. It really doesn't feel like that long ago. Something was bound to happen, I suppose. It wasn't all that bad for a little while. Entertaining. Bad press for a few smaller sites and a little bit of Gawker, even though the Hulkster was the final blow there.

It was quite a time to witness it, then. The wikipedia articles blatantly written by people with agendas, the stream of articles and false death threats in order to counter movements. All good things need come to an end, though. A little after Vivian was made and when the generals started spurring into the same sort of bullshit (which you can see over on Cred Forums in the form of KEK WILLS IT) in every thread without actually doing anything. And there wasn't really much left to do. Movements like that should never last long.

A lot of revisionists like to pretend GG didn't do anything, though. It was far back enough and not as interesting to me then that I can't really say if it was them doing something, or just a bunch of idiots yelling at each other until one or two of them managed to break the crack of talking to some advertisement website with a request to stop doing it.

Heck, the most memorable thing was waiting at Gamestop for a midnight release of Pokemon OR and AS and Sm4sh, I kid you not, there was some fedora wearing fatty sperging about Gamergate in the line while we all sat around playing the 3DS version of Smash. By then the movement was, as I said, just repeating the same trite over and over, taking to twitter with #NotYourShield and other such nonsense. Not really doing anything.

Basically every poll about GG that was started had the majority of us telling them to fuck off. You have never been alone, brother, it's just they never give up and never shut up either.

>12 times

kek

That's the main logic SJW's and Cred Forumstards use

>You're not 100% with us? THAT MUST MEAN YOU'RE THE STRAWMAN WE HATE

In this world, there are two kinds of people: Cred Forumstards and SJW's. Absolutely no one else can possibly exist.

Broteam is an insufferable dramafag.
If he wants to obsess over zoe and GG shit this much, fine, but at least just admit you give a shit rather than trying to constantly act like you're above it all.
He seriously claims to be aloof and that GG members are sad losers and then does streams for hours crying about this shit. Just like some arrogant 14 year old.
>I'm so woke but not in a DUMB way like all you other idiots
>and yeah I said WOKE but I was being ironic so you don't get to judge me for it lol you fell for it ugh I'm surrounded by idiots damn I'm too smart for this world

I just rarely see anyone else calling them on their blatant bullshit, though.

There is still so much bullshit.

So why does Cred Forums support SJWs?

Cred Forumstard is pretty well defined, though. Alt-right, racist, anti-semite, anti feminism.

Now, please. Define SJW.

Are you the guy that keeps spamming his tumblr?

Because they're on the right side of history.

Irrational retards who want to censor everything that doesn't align with their beliefs. Wait, that's Cred Forums

Anti-fun.

Always call GG out on their bullshit.

arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/09/new-chat-logs-show-how-Cred Forums-users-pushed-gamergate-into-the-national-spotlight/

They want to censor anything that offends their sensibilities and cry about the white male.

Basically, when a Cred Forumstard shows you an example of some faggot that said all white men must die or some stupid shit like that. That's an SJW.

>California

Every legitimate question you hit GG with can be dodged with some vague "educate yourself" bullshit, or more often just shitposting memes. The second any of these idiots have ANY pressure applied on them they fall apart and meme like hell because they're lost without their circlejerking echochambers where they're never questioned.

Sounds familiar, huh?

For better or worse, I only browse Cred Forums.

If anyone doesn't belong here, it's you.

NRA loves to use video games as a scapegoat for mass shootings

What was Jack Thompson's motive? I highly doubt he is just a good guy who seriously believe video games are bad

It's hard to still bother when it's the bilionth time you have to deal with their faggotry. Reporting and moving on tends to be easier.

I think Thompson was de-barred or whatever the term was for using some explicit images as evidence in a trial. Dunno if he ever got his certification back to practice law. Glad to see him silenced, I remember he was on CNN after the VA Tech shooting talking out of his ass

Heh heh heeeh heheheh heeh. Srsl, fuck Cred Forums.

>someone in the thread is making GG sound dumb by pointing out how fucking stupid it is
>better claim Cred Forums is a SJW wasteland now

Every
Single
Time

Nobody in the thread has even pushed a single SJW idea or opinion. But this happens EVERY TIME people start blowing GG the fuck out.
>waah Cred Forums is full of SJWs now
Argue your cases with logic or just shut the fuck up. Accept that you dedicated your time to a retarded cause.

Fuck off

So, define "fun" then.

If a game can be censor or banned for being a pedo/rape training sim, why the same can't be said for the murder training sim game?

>12 (twelve) times [citation needed]

Anything that's toxic, problematic, gross, and/or creepy.

So, the SJW menace is basically 16 year old gender queers on tumblr?

You guys are all up in arms about teenaged bloggers?

This is my board.

Gore and Murder are fine you dumb cunt

You have to keep in mind they are 16 year old Nazi fetishists on twitter themselves.

So, the only way you can have fun is by shitting on people less fortunate than your self?

Not really painting a sympathetic picture here.

I think you misunderstand. No one with any sense in their mind actually gives a shit about either SJW's or Cred Forumstards beyond the fact that they are annoying as fuck.

Considering theyre probably underage B& themselves, they think the older girl with blue hair is opressing them.

>i've been here a whole year.

nice blog faggot.

No, because now with the current state of massive SJW support everywhere, games would probably actually be getting banned left and right if the same demands for bans were being made today.

So does imaginary rape.

This entire "battle" is being waged between 16 year old SJWs and 16 year old antiSJWs

Everyone else is an opportunist trying to get clicks, cash and notoriety from these retard kids.
No functional adult with things to do gives a shit or even knows about it.

The best part is these retards are so fucking dumb to a point where they don't see a problem of labeling themselves as anti-feminist and making fun of "social justice warrior"

Yeah but despite the "massive SJW support," the demands for bans aren't actually being made

rely makes u tink

fucks sake Cred Forums is so full of fags, i swear. it's not worth explaining for the 100th time that most people were in it purely "for the lulz" as they used to say. anyone who didn't pay attention to gg shit and got to have hysterical laughs everyday for like 6 months straight missed a goldmine of comedy. the dev tears, the normies taking the shit seriously, the articles. good times.

No it translates to misogyny in real life and turn people into rapist.

What's changed is that attitude has become hip. Back then Thompson was seen as angry old man trying to stop kids from having fun.

How is old Jack doing these days? Did he switch to politics after he was such a shitbag they wouldn't let him be a lawyer anymore?

>probably actually
>probably
>if
Then I guess it's a good thing the real world and your imagination are two different things, right user?
Try remember that fact.

Devfag here. It's on a MUCH smaller scale. I've had a project manager come in and say "you can't do this because X group (game journalists, tumblr feminists, or whatever) will get offended". So no bans, but it's still annoying as fuck.

I guess we need to banned guro and murder video games too then.

If you were in it for the "lulz" you are a sociopath tbqhwy f@m

Is it because the project managers feel uncomfortable with being associated with the material they're handling or what?

I'm a dev working for a major company and this has literally never happened. So I guess both our anecdotal evidence stories cancel each other out.

lol no, GG awoke all these beta cucks into faggots who bitch and moan about male right.

People used to talk about being "manly", not anymore, now it is about bitching and moaning about woman and feminism. All the male values are now mocked by these dumb cunts and the typical alpha male are accused to be a slave to women.

If nu-male is a thing then these people are the nu-male

i mean, personally i wasn't vested enough to create a fucking twitter account. but searching the hashtag daily for the latest posts where people are treating video games like a life and death matter was fun. it was like a circus. it had trannies and actual celebreties and e celebrities. it got a fucking law and order episode. gg gave me speed weed and dick wolf after a full episode of pure comedy to really seal the deal. i can't be mad at gg. i'll take having a couple sjw threads that i can easily ignore for the rest of my life for the gifts they gave me.

True, but SJWs did celebrate when DOAX3's localization was canned.

Getting games banned may be out of their reach, but I'm sure they'd all love to see it happen one day.

>Jack Thompson
>stands up to game devs on his own, goes to the media to push his narrative, never takes the focus off his goals and what his mission is
>also funds his entire thing himself

>10 years later
>Anita Sarkeesian
>goes on the internet to whine, goes to gaming journalists to push her narrative, constantly deflects any criticism by citing misogyny, fakes death threats and hires security to dress as cops
>gets crowdfunded and never delivers on her promises

I really do miss the days of jack thompson.

@352718098
@352719965
@352725413
>>>/tumblr/

>GG awoke all these beta cucks into faggots who bitch and moan about male right.

and it was hilarious to watch. i don't even know what you're mad about Cred Forumsfriend, you started the shit. it's people like you who made it all fun though. you really care about what people say about "male values" on twitter don't you. thanks for giving me gg user.

Yeah, and how many times does Cred Forums celebrate a game selling like shit or a dev leaving the industry?

Get a fucking grip

>there are millions of gamers just like me(who aren't violent at all or have killed anyone)
>but we outnumber you, so don't fuck with us(or else)
christ, this fucking argument is so stupid.

So... SJWs celebrated? Please, define SJW, and show examples of them celebrating. Or don't, I'm not your boss.

>member hot coffee?

DO I?!

A group of keyboard warriors with nothing better to do launched a holy war on games journalism and all worked hard to uncover absolutely fucking nothing

In all honesty I thought games journalism was corrupt as fuck before GG happened. But their failure to dig up anything juicy made me realise it really is nothing more than a bunch of shitty bloggers looking for clicks. They are retards and sometimes assholes but there was so little dirt to be found that people had to spin insane shit just to justify how mad they were about it. The people attacking the journalists ended up looking obsessive and insane as it became more and more clear that there wasn't really anything there to be mad about other than "waaah this person is a liberal!"
You can hate liberals all you want, I certainly do, but they're entitled to their own opinion and it's unethical to try shut them down just because you disagree with them.

That is erronouus, she delivered on her promise and then some. I see what you are getting at, just try not to lie, OK?

>she delivered on her promise and then some
her original promise was something like 12 hour-long videos, a teaching curriculum, and a whole bunch of other shit.

she delivered I believe 6 videos about 20 minutes each.

What was wrong with that kid, shooting with my dad when i was kid was fun as fuck. Why did he start crying?

>all we want is politics OUT of games journalism!
>sweet this unashamedly right-wing paper guy supports us, haha he complains about feminists all day long, he is so BASED!!!
>but the important thing is no agendas are being pushed VOTE TRUMP
>haha milo is so right about trannies being insane VOTE TRUMP
>the only reason I hate all these SJWs talking about games is that they don't even play videogames!!!
>haha milo wrote a game review for a game he never played and made fun of SJWs haha BASED
>milo also wrote an article after a shooting where he blamed videogames
>haha it's fine though there's no way milo is just an opportunist looking for clicks because he's not like the SJWs
>haha milo so based, he even knows the memes!! xD

Well that's good, I guess. Thinking about it, I might have lost a little perspective and applied my problems to the industry as a whole. I certainly hope most of us don't have stories like mine where they had to change something because of stuff like this.

oh yeah, and she also promised high production quality and delivered a simple green screen and single camera.

Same as Cred Forums then

Fun fact: gaming journalism is still corrupted. So is most , if not all of special interest journalism. It's the name of the game, really. Thank god we have a bunch of feminists to yell at to relieave us from this horrible reality.

SJWs are people who can't stand seeing others having harmless fun.

>goes to gaming journalists to push her narrative
They came to her, actually
> constantly deflects any criticism by citing misogyny
Try not to be so misogynistic then
>fakes death threats
[citation desperately needed]
>hires security to dress as cops
What kind of petty non-issue is this even, some sort of gamergate meme?

No, I miss when they didn't have fucking age ratings though.

CANT PLAY A VIDEO GAME BUT YOU CAN SIGN UP TO KILL OTHER PEOPLE IRL

Bonus!

>citation desperately needed

okay.

So, SJWs are republican representaives pushing legislations against gays. Got it!

The alt-right can't stand other people having a discussion without their political identity being shoved into everything.

What the fuck is going on here
Are we being invaded by tumblr or something?

Two sides of the same coin, homeslice.

Every time

Oh boy, a twitter screencap with lots of >implications scribbled over it in red and arrows all over the place, I sure look like a fool now!

Why would she even have to fake this when she could've gone into any Cred Forums thread at the time and found the same thing? But it happening on twitter is somehow so inconceivable to you that you have to find reasons to disbelieve it so desperately?

>Scrutiny is not a sin, we should all ask questions when confronted with suspicious evidence

Getting some real holocaust denier vibes here.

maybe you should do some research yourself before being super contrarian just to seem educated.

Milo and retards like Thunderf00t are just as bad, but anita, zoe, and brianna were absolute pieces of shit, and this is documented.

And we are so South Park, because we chicken out and don't take any sides. Wow, such cowardice. Much chicken shit.

Anita herself made a bunch of threads when she made her kickstarter specifically to stir the pot, and do you forget how often she and Zoe did exactly that to show off how people are threatening her? I mean shit, look at the Wizardchan 'raid' for evidence of that.

>Getting so pissed you finally drop your gloves admit you're the shitter runoff from a containment board.

Maybe just one more for the road.

Despite claiming to respect women, SJWs sure seem to despise female anatomy.

>But their failure to dig up anything juicy
there was actually quite a few things. not surprised that you're retarded though, saying shit like, "i thought games journalism was corrupt before gg" like your some kind of genius.

while they did dig things up the funny part is no one gives a fuck. it's fucking video games "journalism"

Isn't there a screenshot of Zoe with some guy in a bar on Cred Forums on her laptop? Before the inevitable "y-you're just paranoid no they didn't" reply comes in.

likely. I know there's screenshots of brianna posting from home while claiming she had to 'flee for her life'

No they didn't. They laughed about how when Thompson attacked the hobby, the press fought back, and when feminists and socjus attacked it, they agreed and attacked it alongside them.

None of that was ever proven either. I like how accepting one lie made it so much easier for you to accept the next, to the point where they're all supporting evidence for each other now.

So what did they dig up?
>in b4 a link to a vast network of chatlogs and gossip and archives that amount to absolutely fucking nothing

I'm asking you straight, what did GG actually uncover to prove videogame journalism was corrupt?
I'll remind you in advance that "Zoe Quinn sucked a dick and said meanie things" isn't actually what I'm asking for.

occam's razor, my friend.

anita is a proven, open liar who is adept at twisting a narrative to suit her goals, so is it really out of the question that she capitalized on the Streisand effect to get publicity for her controversial video series?

She returned to her home because she felt safe enough with the camera crew and felt it was more dignified than the hotel room she called home at the time. This has been explained to you at length but you refuse to accept or even consider any explanation except that which casts your opponent in the worst light imaginable. You are dishonest and obsessive.

Occam's razor suggests that the threats originated with the very real and obvious misogynists who have been making countless similar posts on Cred Forums and elsewhere.

SJWs still say that
yet they love muslims, even though they're killing people left and right
basically people just dont want loser nerds to have any fun

>You are dishonest and obsessive.

Considering all the supporting evidence, Occam's razor actually suggests that considering Anita's history, she is quite comfortable with lying and deceit to spin her narrative, since it would be more of a convoluted answer to claim that every single piece of evidence has an explanation to explain it away.

One day you're going to become useless to them. You're going to be thrown under the bus, and abandoned as soon as you become a liability. Keep on fighting, boss.

It's the homophobic tweeting vampire, I haven't seen him is so long.

>Considering all the supporting evidence
I have. I obviously do not include your fabrications in there.

Every single piece of evidence does have an explanation. Some fucker who was mad at Anita shat out some insults onto twitter. That's it. It's that simple. Surely you can't deny that there's enough fuckers mad at Anita? Surely you've seen it happen with your own eyes? The idea that she would even have to make something up is ridiculous.

i know you like being spoonfed friend and i know that it's super surprising that there were no articles from game journalists about corrupt game journalism so citing what you would consider "reliable" sources is pretty impossible. i also don't really care what you believe but if you don't think they "uncovered" any conflicts of interest that were basically out in the open anyways you're retarded.

the whole thing just doesn't matter. it's games journalism. it's corrupt. nothing we didn't already know, nothing that matters. they're a pr machine for game companies while also having 10th grade level blogs articles about pointless shit in between. isn't gameinformer owned by gamestop for fucks sake.

Oh definitely, but the very fact that the posts and 'threats' they choose to show off are so questionable is dubious at best.

I'll not deny that there's a LOT of faggots who'd like to violently beat/rape/murder anita/brianna/zoe, but I'll also not pretend that those three are at all intimidated by them or think they can't be used to further their own agendas. For all that can be said about them, zoe, brianna, and anita made fucking BANK spinning the 'evil men are out to get me!' narrative. Really, the fact they were able to fake death threats to keep the money rolling in was a stroke of brilliance.

So yes, I wholeheartedly believe that anita is an open liar who used the stupidity of the common person to further her own ends, but goddamn if she didn't pull it off masterfully.

Still the case in Germany

>i know that it's super surprising that there were no articles from game journalists about corrupt game journalism
It is, actually. It would be a massive story if any of it were true and if not the games journalists, then surely the disinterested "real" media would have found something. But none of them did.

But you have your stories ready, of course. They didn't investigate it enough. They all just listened to each other. They're all in on it. Etc. Anything but admitting it was simply a non-issue that didn't deserve so much of anyone's time and effort.

IKR? At least back then I could get mad at the establishment for wanting to regulate games and not get called a sexist or misogenist.

It's like it's gone full fucking circle.

As far as conspiracy theories go this is "the moonlanding was filmed on a soundstage in a warehouse that was built ON THE MOON" tier.

>Anything but admitting it was simply a non-issue that didn't deserve so much of anyone's time and effort

it's time to go see the optometrist, friend

>the whole thing just doesn't matter. it's games journalism. it's corrupt. nothing we didn't already know, nothing that matters.

Cred Forums once again does not know how to make an analogy

With Thomson, you can just call him wrong and ill informed, but with SJWs, you can't do that without being labelled something. At least you could argue against Thompson and the like. SJWs have a force-field around them in regards to this stuff.

As far as conspiracies go this is "mcdonalds secret sauce is just thousand islands mixed with ketchup"

That's the most mealy-mouthed response ever.
And it's nothing more than a tl;dr version of "lol who cares anyway???"

This is why GG is such a fucking joke.

>hey GG what did you uncover?
>woah dude like so much shit like damn woah it'll blow your fucking mind how much stuff we uncovered damn bro like shit we got a whole archive of shit damn I'd show it to you but I can't right now ugh like who even cares anyway lol damn are you a nerd anyway totally yeah man you're dumb as fuck if you don't think GG uncovered so much shit damn son

They're just gonna reiterate that nothing is real and everyone is just lying on Gamergates side because that's what the defense has been reduced to after all this time. Shouting proof then saying the proof isn't good enough proof, over and over.

>that analogy
fucking what? What I'm saying is that anita knew about the hate, and manipulated people to keep the hate going to make her case stronger.
>gamers are icky boys that hate change
>so I'm going to go to one of the most famously hateful spots on the internet, and tell everyone to support me!
>wow, look at this massive hate campaign that sparked because of my actions! See? GAMERS ARE ICKY BOYS THAT HATE CHANGE!

if we want to go full explanation with rational explanations, one could say she faked the comments so she didn't give the REAL soggy knees attention.

No, THIS is classic.

It's amazing how faGGots cannot just answer simply to "what did you uncover?"
They'll throw memes at you or say "I'm not spoonfeeding you" or some other worthless shit.
And none of them take a moment to consider maybe they've wasted their fucking time and uncovered jack shit despite screaming IT'S HAPPENING and THE FIRE RISES non stop for months.

Didn't he call out the 'feminists' who cry about sexism in vidya?

more like
>hey gg what did you uncover
>well it looks like theres a lot of unethical behaviour and conflicts of interest, for instance, look at this indie game contest here. the winner who was picked had a long time friendship with some of the judges and a lot of people who paid for entry into the competition are saying that judges literally didn't even play their game. there's even judges actually making excuses like how they didn't have enough time because there were so many entries.
>whoa dude but where's the article that you're citing all this info from?
>well there's no article likely because the judges for the competition are actually game journalists and...
>NO PROOOF

to reiterate, gg was a joke. and it was a funny joke. they came up with stuff but no one cares. it's video games. ethics aren't expected from the people who brought you reviews from playstation magazine and nintendo power. because i bet those were totally unbiased.

and any time someone does, the anti-GGers just repeat "OH THATS TOTALLY FAKE!"

it doesn't matter how much evidence you have one way or another, someone is always going to insist on 'debunking' it. There's a reason GG is/was such a clusterfuck.

this thread has answered this question repeatedly and has been met with "fake and gay" without an ounce of consideration, meanwhile there's a lot of favor for the word of the other side of this. weird!

>ethics aren't expected from these people

All too true.

Are you seriously claiming two screenshots of twitter and "I bet these accounts were fake" are the sum total of 2 years of GG investigating corruption in videogame journalism?

Any a you 'member this? youtube.com/watch?v=RcrUj8DKiBY

What you were saying is that Anita faked threats. Which she absolutely wouldn't have to. But did anyway in such a way that you think you can tell that they are fake.

Exactly like a moonlanding conspiracy theorist admitting that they flew to the moon but still maintaining that there are tell-tale signs of it being filmed in a warehouse.

There's an entire chatlog going over multiple months about the Crash Override Network that's being dismissed as one mans (and one of the former bigger members of said group) apparently masterfully crafted fanfiction but alright.

>well there's no article likely because
it's all bullshit made up by the salty losers of the game contest who can't actually substantiate their claims.

This is exactly what the fuck I'm talking about. Read again: I'm not going to read a multiple-month long chatlog or watch a 3 hour stream about it. Just fucking TELL ME what GG uncovered.

The reason you won't is because you know it's nothing more than gossip and more shit about Zoe nobody fucking cares about instead of actually being anything substantial about VIDEOGAME JOURNALISM BEING CORRUPT

But I guess I just need to "educate myself" and "listen and believe"

>it's all bullshit made up by the salty losers of the game contest who can't actually substantiate their claims.
but where's your source user :^)

There's a lot to fucking go over and you've been told what was uncovered but keep saying it's not good enough. They organized harassment against other people and fabricated a deal of their own harassment for cash, you can find this evidence in the chat logs, it's there, but you refuse to look for yourself in favor of repeating PROOF??? PROOF? PROOOOOF???? whenever someone tells you what they've done.

>I'm not going to read a multiple-month long chatlog or watch a 3 hour stream about it. Just fucking TELL ME what GG uncovered.

>The explanation is long and boring, spoonfeed me plz

>"listen and believe"

Anita plz go

I'm just telling you what's LIKELY

My favourite part is that GG will think you're an SJW for simply asking what GG has achieved or uncovered. When that question easily might be asked by a supporter.
They're just sad paranoid faggots now who spend their days telling themselves it was all important and worthwhile even though it amounted to nothing but a lot of cringeworthy legion art.

>you can find this evidence in the chat logs
Where? Exact quote.

hmmm you seem to have left that keyword out of your post and seem to have posted something as a statement instead of an opinion. silly me for not understanding.

>lol you're all paranoid haha
>have some personal insults
>#i'm with her

kek, top tier trolling

>I'm just telling you what's LIKELY
>I'm just like, telling you my opinion man

And several people have told you theirs.

Do you think you're going to change any minds here?

Who's THEY user?
Right, Anita and Zoe.
Nobody is asking about Anita or Zoe. I KNOW they're cunts. Everyone does.

I'm asking, again, what did GG uncover that showed gaming journalism was corrupt?
Why can you not get it through your thick skull that I don't CARE about Anita or Zoe?
Besides, wasn't GG totally NOT about Anita or Zoe? Talk to me about videogame journalism.

I'm finishing the quote if that's not clear to you.

When will you realize that nobody gives a shit about Zoe other than you? You've already been told that the question is about corrupt journalism, not about Zoe. Are you braindead?

Well I'm obviously correct and they aren't so if they are capable of thinking rationally they should see the error of their ways, yes.

>Well I'm obviously correct

Just let it go bruh

They will be forgotten within a few years. No point talking about these insignificant losers

Well naturally he is, in his own little mind.

Just wait for the "I'm objectively correct" shitposting.

>Just wait for the "I'm objectively correct" shitposting.
This is it. You're not very smart, are you?

Hence why I'm obviously right.

>They will be forgotten within a few years
see thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/09/23/anita-sarkeesian-on-life-after-gamergate-i-want-to-be-a-human-again.html

posted 19 hours ago. gg will be the gift to keep on giving. something the "journalists" can use to drive up clicks if they ever get desperate. no one on the game blogging side of things wants gamergate to die, it was probably the best year kotaku ever had.

There we go, see? Right on time.

>I'm obviously right! Beleeeveee meee!

And so yet another GG thread proves they uncovered absolutely nothing because they were more interested in Zoe gossip than corrupt journalism.

>parents, who you are stuck living with hearing from every day
>random faggots online that you don't have to pay attention to

why do you care?

>Believe meeeee!

Fresh out of hecks ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>1990's
>democrats want to censor and control everything
>today
>democrats want to censor and control everything

I don't get how this is hard to follow. Also, one in the middle holding her ponytail up. 100%.

The problem with autists who have no jobs or social lives is that this sort of shit is all they have. Being annoyed at someone disagreeing with them online, even though they'll never know them, is... "important"

You're making America a safer place for women everywhere!

Kinda like you're doing right, eh? =D

>Japan
>the last 1st world nation left unconquered by SJWs

Long live Nipponland.

NIPPON WA ITSUMADEMO SUBARASHII YO

Who are you talking about?

SJWs or Cred Forumsirgins?

horseshoe theory.

>still providing nothing, resorting to shitposting
Every time. Maybe someday, GG. Maybe someday.

Arma is made by a military tech company

The amazing thing is they don't realize that literally everyone on Cred Forums WANTS them to find shit on game journalism. We all hate it. But GG just didn't find shit. Nothing.
>b-but Zoe said...
GG is a parody of itself.

TWO FUCKING YEARS AND THEY FOUND NOTHING

GG was never really about corrupt journalism, it was just an extention of the post-sarkeesian backlash against feminism, SJWs, etc. that achieved fuckall

>GG was never really about corrupt journalism
Then why did they say it was?
Why did they lie?
If you're the good guys, why would you feel the need to pretend your movement was one thing while denying it was what everyone said it was? When do the good guys ever have to do that?

Keep complaining about it, anita.

Stellar counterargument, changed my worldview. How could I have been so blind.

>Bohemia interactive are a "military tech company"

So this is how GG licks it's wounds, huh? Pretty sad.
>s-shut up anita... heh... I win...

>le gamers are dead

Whatcha doing around these parts, anita? I thought we were dead...

were dead...

were dead...

you're both attacking each other ad hominem, don't feign superiority.

This. You're both gigantic faggots with no arguments.

Name one thing GG uncovered to prove videogame journalism is corrupt.

Keep memeing if you want, it'll only prove you know you lost and your cringe crusade was pointless.

You're the idiot for thinking there's only two sides.

thisisvideogames.com/gamergatewiki/index.php?title=Gamers_Are_Dead

I thought we were dead Anita...

dead...

we were dead...

I thought you proved that with your collusion, anita...

that we

were dead....

>This article mentions and provides links to Leigh Alexander's and Dan Golding's Gamers Are Dead articles.
>This article mentions and provides links to Leigh Alexander's and Dan Golding's Gamers Are Dead articles.

See I can't believe this is the best you've got.

>I can't believe this is the best you've got.

But Anita, I'm dead, I don't exist

don't exit....

don't exist....

I'm dead.......

By then, it'll be too late.

I don't remember Jon Stewart calling them that.

But I'm dead...

You can't respond to me...

I'm dead....dead.....

I like how your very own GG wiki even backs up what says

>My wiki

I can't own a wiki, anita, because I'm dead...

you've killed me...

dead....

I'm dead....

Ever notice how all blog journalism clickbait sites talk about the same things at the same time? Maybe it's because they're all trying to get clicks by chasing what's hot.

Maybe...

Much more likely that they all work together, even though they work at rival sites, and secretly agree to brainwash the entire world into becoming liberals.

I'm technically on your side but god damn this is cringeworthy

I came here and saw GG mentioned, so I had one and only one purpose:

Those sweet, sweet (you)'s

>2 years later and all GG has to show for it is this
Jesus christ how sad
You DO know that all those articles written after the original were nothing more than glorified links to the first one, right? It's how buzzfeed journalism works. It's like writing an "article" which is nothing more than someone else's youtube video.
Is this honest to god all GG has? Fuck me I thought you people were actually doing something all these years.

This is disgusting, you Anthony Weiner degenerate. Fuck off back to /s/ with this kind of crap.

No. Fucking BUMP I want this thread GONE
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS

>Gamers aren't violent
>btw here's a threat DON'T FUCK WITH US

This.
No dev in their right mind would ever pander to Thompson. Anita on the other hand...
I guess a lot of it to is Violence is easy to identify. """"misogyny"""" is not.
Killing someone in vidya is violent. Stacking blocks is not. No matter how you spin it GTA is violent. Tetris is not.
And act's of violent in society are obvious. So when we all play videogames and crime rates don't change, we don't murder etc it's an easy to refute statement. And Dev's can't just spin things or change a few narratives around to make their games not violent so they have to soldier on. But with misogyny it's a "subconscious" thing. It's internalized. I know for a fact im not violent I've never even punched someone. But am I a misogynist?how do i know? It's internalized. Videogames subconsciously made me this way, etc. Hard to disprove. And devs can just make gay marriage and strong independent womyn the narrative of their games and then slip anita $5 and they are doing their part to combat misogynist gamers. They can still keep the core of their games.

Also i could go on about how esrb tried to censor many games as well... But that's a whole nother post...

So the way to blow GG the fuck out is to ask them what they uncovered other than irrelevant Zoeshit?

Noted.

Remember when the only people that tried to ruin vidya were people that didn't pretend they actually play them? They didn't try to enforce easy modes, didn't try to put in shallow minority characters, didn't try to make straight people the devil for expressing their sexuality? Remember how when people tried to change video games for the worse, developers just ignored them? Man those were the days. We really didn't know what we had.

I do, and I actually miss Jack Thompson. He was like our lovable angry ass neighbor who could never win.

You can have sex in video games though.
Hasn't this guy ever played meet and fuck kingdom?

>didn't try to make straight people the devil for expressing their sexuality
I'm glad I don't live in your universe, user. I like living here, outside your paranoid imagination.

I can tell pretty easily that a lot of gamers' misogyny is far from subconscious.

in 10 years time people will be talking about anita the same way people ITT are talking about jack

see
Welcome to reality.

>at least 12 times
>at least, a suggestion that he doesn't have solid number and is just spitballing
>12, an oddly specific number. That would only come about if he had a solid number
In conclusion he is a virgin.

He's right you know. They've been selling them a product called "Virtual Battle Simulator" since Operation Flashpoint first came out.
bisimulations.com/virtual-battlespace-3

>paranoid imagination.

No, they won't. Well, maybe you will. Most people will remember her as the brave woman who stood up to sexist gamers.

I do wonder how all the kids who fought for over 2 years in the faGGot wars will feel about it when they're in their 30s

user. I can tell you that a of gamers have violent tendencies as well.
Misogynists brush their teeth as well.
That has nothing to do with the fact that they play videogames.
That being said "a lot" is bullshit. In my entire life i have never met a real life misogynist. Unless you count Cred Forums which is mostly shitposting and not a real indicator of society as a whole. Real misogyny exists, but in the west it is not common in the slightest and it's an issue really undeserving of the attention it gets.

>look I'm not saying misogyny doesn't exist I'm just saying nobody should ever mention it because it's not a real issue
I wonder if you're a man or a woman

It amazes me how people can actually come to Cred Forums, a board for crying about the most minor autistic nitpicks over the most inconsequential things out there - videogames - and claim feminists complain about "nothing"

>Most people will remember her as the brave woman who stood up to sexist gamers.
Good point, what I meant was that the people who bitch about how anita and other like-minded critics are coming to censor & ruin vidya now, will look back on this shit years later and say she wasn't that bad in retrospect.

Why are you here?

I dunno m8, the shitposting is not just limited to Cred Forums. People take that shit outside. When you always pretend to be retarded, do you not actually become retarded? I think people are more sincere than you give them credit for. Now, I'll admit that Cred Forums isn't indicative of society as a whole. It's indicative of some of the worst of society.

I'm here to autistically nitpick videogames, but I still have a shred of self-awareness

what's with the random deleted posts?

Fair enough.

>if you want to change the game industry then make a videogame
>2 years later
>OP

a bit late to the festivities my friend but here you go, just one example of many. use F3 and copy paste "A Week Later, Crash Override Network Cheers on Randi Harper As She Doxes People on Facebook. They Plan on Destroying Victims' Careers"

archive.is/eBVCb#selection-645.1-645.134

BONUS LEVEL: Here's other journalists that aren't Zoe or Anita supporting doxxing for you
youtube.com/watch?v=Lje1viM_djY

That's not a quote. That's an editorial comment. Where is it supported by the logs?

>i wonder if you are a man or a women.
Why does that matter? Why does who the idea comes from matter? Why bring sex into it?

Anyway, i never said don't talk about it you strawmanning faggot.
Polio exists. And much like misogyny there are legitimately places it's still a problem.
I by no means think you shouldn't talk about polio.
But if you go around saying polio is a problem in the west, or dedicate your life to polio awareness or curing it. You are wasting your fucking time. Misogyny is an "issue" in the west gets way more airtime than it deserves. Because we move the goalposts of what it is frequently and damaging society by reaching for examples. Social justice has a supply problem and ruins lives desperately searching for people to pin as bigots.

>Adam Sessler

I completely forgot about that fag.

oh for fucks sake user really? you can't even read that much text afterwards?
"[04/01/2015, 10:58:01 AM] Athena Hollow: Man, I almost wish Randi would have been able to hold on to that stuff, that way we could have made it known in the right circles & they could have been denied jobs for open association with gg.
[04/01/2015, 10:58:15 AM] Randi Harper: i mayyyyy have archives."
there you go, the single quote you wanted where they're endorsing having information leaked to prevent future jobs. you can read the rest now because there is more.

Your logic is that there is literally no misogyny in western civilization simply because there is WORSE misogyny in other regions.
This is retarded. You might as well say homelessness isn't an issue in the West and nobody should bother talking or caring about it just because there are MORE homeless people in India.

So yhey planned to "destroy victims' careers" by pointing out that the "victims" openly and proudly associated with a hate movement. How cruel. Just like gamergate.

You really need that editorial comment there to tell you what to think, don't you, because you wouldn't get it from reading the logs alone.

Neither of those people are game journalists.
I wonder what GG could have achieved if it actually gave a shit about game journalism and not just irrelevant SJWs.

now I'm certain you're probably one of them or fucking with me. they specifically mention that they don't want them to have jobs you fuck, and not only that but they complain about how horrible doxxing is above that section then fucking encourage just that.
Adam Sessler was a games journalist you mong, Jim is too technically

>do you miss when shit was way worse and vidya was actually close to being censored on the federal level
No. I understand the ebin anything left is da debil shit with you kids these days, but as someone that actually grew up and was old enough to remember the 90's, it was far worse back then. Especially because the people whining were parents, which often bought the games for the kids. So no, I prefer a handful of liberals whining on twitter and acomplishing next to nothing, to government sponsored censorship to protect "da chilld'en"

>acomplishing next to nothing
>several games from Japan are censored in the West
>many Western developers aim to appease these kind of people
>any game that refuses to pander to them gets ripped by these people
They were never close to actually censoring games back then. It was never more than a handful of senators that wanted to exploit vidya for their political gain.

Sessler and Jim definitely should never have encouraged doxxing.

But two things:
All your info comes from doxxing and leaked private chats. Can you really claim to be on the moral highground?
>the results of my doxxing show that these people approved of doxxing, those scumbags!

And neither Randi or Athena are game journalists (I just googled Athena Hollow and only found a LITERAL who)

I find it interesting that GG launched an investigation into videogame journalism corruption and found literally nothing other than a handful of journalists... being critical of GG. Which is hardly fucking stellar investigating, is it?

>they specifically mention that they don't want them to have jobs you fuck
Yes, not to spite them, but because gamergaters are literally horrible people and people have the right to know if they're working with one. All they were doing was listing people stupid enough to tie their real names with public support for a misogynistic hate group. Which is completely different from finding home addresses and telephone numbers and harassing employers into firing people.

Not really. It's still better than the mess we're in right now though. It's easier to fight a law than public opinion.

In the 90s, both guys and girls liked confident female characters and other "SJW shit"
During the 00s, after 9/11, all media got more conservative. I'm sure you all noticed that media in the 00s really wasn't nearly as FUN as it was in the 90s or 80s. Muh realism. Muh brown and bloom srs gritty. But now people are ready for less conservative media again.
Problem is nowadays there's a whole lot of young people who grew up in the conservative years and never experienced those fun decades, and to them, this rise of "the liberal menace" is a threat, something scary and new, something that will ruin all "their" games, TV shows, and movies. The majority of active anti-SJWs are actually under 20.

Don't forget, there are people on Cred Forums who genuinely seem to think that there was no media ever made that appealed to liberals before tumblr showed up. How they'd react to older Star Trek episodes, I'd love to know.

Yeah, nah. Games were censored literally all the time then. You just didn't know about it because you didn't have the internet and you were a stupid kid who didn't care anyway.

>Can you really claim to be on the moral highground?

Nope, but it's hilarious that these people have become the thing they claimed to hate.

I can see why gamergate would love that but it just looks like the same old spin.

At least journalists made fun of Jack.

No such luck with Anita.

Oh stop. There were plenty of people who associated with GG because they considered it to be about corruption. Say one of those people fell victim to a doxxing for being more vocal. Did they deserve it for 'not knowing any better' about the alt right scum trying to influence what was a shittily put together movement? Is that fine?

So you admit antiSJWs and SJWs are the same? Very wise

You are acting as if a bunch of genuinely lovely innocent people had their lives ruined by evil SJWs who got them fired and arrested. Which didn't happen. The logs just showed, WOW, there are cunts on both sides.
Who would have thought that the real world isn't black and white with good guys versus bad guys. Someone should research this.

Also, truth be told, if you supported GG and couldn't see the alt-right poison infecting the whole thing with cancer, you're probably a massive fucking retard. Especially after Milo hijacked the whole thing. There's really no excuse for thinking it's another other than an anti-liberal circlejerk at that point.

Pointing out that someone is in a public facebook group is hardly doxing. It's just not morally equivalent to the shit gamergate pulled, neither in its intention or its execution.

>Also, truth be told, if you supported GG and couldn't see the alt-right poison infecting the whole thing with cancer, you're probably a massive fucking retard.
This. Don't get me wrong, I'm still for the idea as a whole, but I knew from the beginning that it was doomed to failure. It was pretty easy to see the events unfold and know that the movement was being hijacked.

It doesn't matter if nothing major ended up happening. I'm not on GGs either side because I think it was a schizophrenic nightmare of a movement but if you're really suggested that anyone associated with it deserves to have their careers ruined then you're about as fucked up as either side.

>it doesn't matter if things happened or not
You should be a news reporter

The reps had this guy and the dems have sjws, both don't like video games.

We've been talking about their intentions rather than the results this entire time son, come on now

When did i say none?
It has and will always exist. Because idiots will always exist. But it's not a problem. There are legitimately people who hate me for my race or gender or whatever. But they are a small minority with no power. It does not effect my life. It's not an issue i can just ignore them, and if they were to kill me or someshit the law is on my side.
Likewise with homeless people in the west. It exists but it's not a major problem. Just don't do hard drugs and you won't end up homeless unless you REALLLY try at it.
Also there are probably way more homeless people on the west coast than misogynist by a long shot.
I mean there are people who hate men that technically exist. Do i campaign about it? Do i with hunt or call people man haters for frivolous things? Should it dictate policy? Should we have affirmative action? No ofc not, im sure you agree MRAs are fucking cancer.

Nowhere in my post did I say that I thought GG members should lose their jobs. You have brain damage.

And sure, you may not be GG, but why are you fuming about SJWs theoretically losing GG members their jobs (which didn't even happen) instead of fuming about GG actively trying to run people out of the industry simply for having opinions they didn't like? Even now people are scanning dev teams of upcoming games trying to sniff out liberals.

Because this thread has been revolving around why exactly SJWs are also considered horrible? Since most of the thread has been asking for elaboration about what was uncovered about them.

And you're right I attributed that thought about GGers jobs to you mistakenly, sorry about that.

Also that's a terrible strawman.
Only reason i specified "west" because obviously if you brought up the islamic world it would not be the case. I never actually once compared the two or stated anything about misogyny in other places or how its worse, or made an at all comperative arguement

Her expression says derp, but her body says old enough to breed.

yet it seems like whenever someone points that out they're called a fence sitter or some shit. Can't I dislike types of people when it comes to this shit. I disagree w/ Jack Thompson as much as I disagree w/ Anita Sarkesian. Simple.

Republicans got better up until about 2013-14, then they regressed again.
And dems like Gore LOVED Thompson types