Sakura Wars

Sakura Wars: So Long My Love
Should I play on a real Wii or on an emulated PS2?
Am I going to want state saves and fast forwards?
Are there any extras on the Wii that I'd be missing out on?

Tell me why you love this game because I want to know that it's even worth playing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tnQaJq0vdpc
youtube.com/watch?v=7naMteuoOB8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Should I play on a real Wii or on an emulated PS2
Pretty sure PS2 and Wii are identical. Play on PS2 if you want undub (it was released with an undub disc)
>Am I going to want state saves and fast forwards?
It played fine to me without either. Saves are typically 30 minutes away from each other

It's the weakest in the series, but still a great game. I'd recommend playing it.

I was going to play this one because it seems that it's the only one that got localised. I'd love to play the others too if you know of any translation patches.

>no mechs
shit

you should play the other 4 first

no, no patches but there are scripts

There aren't translation patches, but there are guides on Gamefaqs for all 4. I played through all of them earlier this year on Dreamcast that way and had a great time.

>Tell me why you love this game because I want to know that it's even worth playing.
Laura Bailey doing a southern accent.
youtube.com/watch?v=tnQaJq0vdpc

Huh, maybe I'll do that then. Would it hurt to start with this one and then go back and play the others? That way I can see if I like the style of game before committing to trawling through lines of text on GameFAQs while playing.

It couldn't hurt. There's a bit of V that's made more enjoyable by experiencing the Ogami Arc (I-IV) first. I guess in a way it's comparable to Apollo Justice, if you've played that.

I think i get what you mean.

Wii emulated, no question.

Can I switch between the undub and dub on the same save file?

That's the game that killed the Sakura Wars franchise

4 did a pretty good job of that anyway with its handful of levels.

Besides, it was never going to be the same post-Sumire departure. What I'm surprised is that with the rise of idol games like Idolmaster and Love Live, they don't bring the series back as a half idol-sim/half strategy mech game.

I think so. I only played the undub. Honestly can't imagine playing a ST title dubbed since the actors basically play themselves in stage shows.

Maybe someone can ask someone on gbatemp to translate the PSP port of Sakura Wars 1 and 2. They seem to have a good team of people for translating PSP VN style games.

The girls were so fucking bad it reminded me of vampire bride.

In stage shows? Intersting. Tell me more.

I liked this one.

A big part of the ST series is that it was a whole multimedia project. Since the voice cast was made up of performers and the games themselves had a focus on stage performances, they made them real. And they were really, really popular back in the 90s. youtube.com/watch?v=7naMteuoOB8

I don't even remember, who that is. Is she the beaner?
I only liked the commander, and that's only because she was ng+ onry/extra content.

It's the MC (male).
I'm not good at jokes, sorry.

What? My memory is a joke.
I guess I'll replay it after I'm done with galaxy angel.

I'm play both Galaxy Angel and Sakura Taisen right now too.
I really don't care for much of the story or backstory in Galaxy Angel though... it's kinda just annoying.

That's super cool.