What was the fucking reasoning behind this abomination?

What was the fucking reasoning behind this abomination?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/R_NAoNd4YyY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There was very little.

>There are Biodrones who still defend this

The explanation was in a DLC. I'm not joking, the ghost kid and the origin of the reapers were in a DLC

They tried to explain the unexplainable.

Wrote themselves into a plot hole not to mention firing there lead writer for a more SJW pandering shithead from 2 to 3.

The reasoning was that giant space squid ruled the galaxy and saw their lesser races make machines that revolt and kill them.

It kept happening over and over again so the stupid squid go "lets make our own machine that will solve this problem for us" then the machines only answer to "How do you stop organics from making machines that kill organics" and it's logic was kill the organics right before they make the machines.

Thus the reapers were born.

The real reason is because the original plot of dark matter was scrapped.

The original dark matter plot was more interesting. I loved how in 2 the writer was already starting to implement the first clues of shit was going down. Like the star that was basically young that was coming close to dying and supernova.

I seem to recall they had a "free DLC" to patch the ending to be less fucking stupid.

And it turns out the mystery of the Reapers was just that in the past some aliens thought it would be impossible for artificial life and organic life to get along. So they came up with this incredibly convoluted holocaust system.

Even though like 5 minutes before you helped the Quarians and Geth to achieve peace.

But whatever, it's too hard, let's exterminate all life to ensure that all life won't be exterminated.

What was the dark matter plot?

At what point did it just plummet into complete dogshit in 3? Its been years since I played it but I remember I enjoyed it for a few hours before finally realising it was shit.

Personally I think the new "andromeda" game will recycle what was left of this plot.

The only plot should've been the Reapers make the hugher species in the galaxy go extinct. The dark energy plot would have been just as shitty.

Basically it was Dark Matter grows with organic waste and using FTL. So the Reapers would come in and wipe those space faring people off the map so as to slow the process down of dark matter.

What is dark matter? in ME2 they explained that stars were going unstable and shortining their lives a great amount because of the build up of dark matter.

After Tuchanka it all just fucking collapses.
>Legion wants to be a real boy in contrast to ME2
>Tali picture
>Kai Leng
>All of Priority Earth

Indoctrination theory

inb4 BioWare smart enough to have it in mind. It's heavily pointed to, especially in the canon books

The lead writer that got fired for a tumblr pandering asshat only revealed a few things of the plot he outlined since they cut him before he could implement his vision for it. Basically it had something to do with inflation of advanced organic civilizations causing dark matter to accelerate the "end of the Galaxy/universe".

>I loved how in 2 the writer was already starting to implement the first clues of shit was going down.

ME2 and ME3 were written 100% by the same guy, Mac Walters, and they were both absolute dogshit. He is actually writing some fucking novels to bridge the gap between ME3 and MEA, they are going to be atrocious.

The original ME plot was a bit cliche but it was well done, I have no idea why they took that writer off of ME2 and put him in a junior role in ME3.

No he isn't. The lead writer was fired so the one that your mentioning became the lead. He panders to tumblrinas so it's not surprise Bioware made him there bitch.

Bioware knew they couldn't make the deadline EA set so they just pulled this kid out of their ass and winged everything.

Explain fucking ME:A then?
Biodrones love to complain that it's only the ending that's bad. But the beginning is shit, the middle is shit except for Tuchanka which is phenomenal, and the ending just destroyed the franchise so fucking bad they have to go to an entire new galaxy.

I was big into Mass Effect with many insiders and i can tell you that pre Mass Effect 3 Release Leviathan was a Rouge Reaper and not the shit we got.

They changed it because they retroactively needed to push in the origin story of the Reapers.

Of course the idiots made things worse since the Leviathans have the ability to one shot/disable reapers and the question rises why the fuck they dont weaponize the ability or clone themselves during one of the 50k cycles

The worst part was not just the retarded logic but the fact that it's being delivered by a fucking child VA.

Fuck Bioware.

>I was big into Mass Effect with many insiders and i can tell you that pre Mass Effect 3 Release Leviathan was a Rouge Reaper and not the shit we got.
Ok Mr. Insider explain how the fuck this works?

Not only that but after the reaper war than what? the leviathans enslave everyone?

Tell us more if your so great.

Easy it was based on Mass Effect 1 Reaper Lore and not the shit they eventually ended up pushing in 3. Just listen to Sovereign describe himself in 1 and it all makes sense

Except Sovereign was cryptic as fuck. Explain more. Don't claim your some insider that knows everything and do that.

Here's your reasoning.

>Tell us more if your so great.

Omega originally was planned to become a hub world again and there would have been a Mission with Javik going back through the Omega 4 Relay

Citadel DLC was actually a scrapped Mass Effect 2 Mission

Leviathans are the enemy in Mass Effect Andromeda

>not defending this
oh you best berieve dats a ding dong bannu

>OH FUCK! How are we gonna finish this bloated mess in half the required time?!
>Fuck it, just make up some shit with the kid because emotions and symbolism.
At least that's what I imagine happened.

Can we not talk about this

I bet they thought they were being so clever and deep.

I just started playing this for the first time yesterday and this game feels so weird to me. How does it somehow look worse than ME2? Why do most of the characters look like greasy monsters? How the fuck are the animations WORSE than ME2? Aria's big speech isn't all that great if she does the same "my finger points" animation and then waits until the animation cycles and cuts off and THEN starts talking again? Who the fuck is not-Raiden I just got done with the attack on the citadel? Why are the controls so fucking floaty?

Why does this not feel like a mass effect game?

I do like that vanguards are op as fuck again I still miss carnage tho

>Reapers are anti-spirals.
Wooooooooooooow

>Leviathans are the enemy in Mass Effect Andromeda

This is so horrible I believe it. After the disgusting horror that was DA:I I'm convinced they can't do anything story wise good again.

Theres nothing to explain one reaper was supposed to be a special snowflake who disagreed with the shit they were doing.

Its no secret that the original plot was about the dark matter problem Mass Effect 2 hinted at with Talis Mission. Shit got scrapped because dev time was cut short

A final boss would've been too "video gamey", remember?

I've heard this and it's very clever, but it is really just a lot of manipulation after the fact.

It does not explain any of ME2, which was awfully written from start to finish, and there is no way that Bioware wouldn't make it clear by the end of the final game.

I don't particularly like this plot either.

I honestly prefer the simplest plot that they could have gone with after ME1: the Reapers exterminate organic life at an early stage so that it can never pose a significant threat to them. They are the civilisation at the top of the pile, capable of prolonging their own existence until the end of the universe itself. Why should they ever take the risk of being challenged and beaten?

Also why can't I holster my gun anymore? And why did they take out every way to have a conversation except "be a bleeding heart pussy" and "be hitler" when there were perfectly level-headed neutral responses before? Why did they take out a ton of dialogue in favor of "well just do it like the ME2 DLC characters who gives a fuck"

Sorry for the blog but I didn't play it back when everyone did

I would not be surprised if they tie in Dragon Age in there to make a united clusterfuck universe

We need to. The Bioware marketing force will be here soon. Shiling ME:A and defending NuBioware

>This is so horrible I believe it

I can spoil some shit for you.

Bascially Liara set up a side project between 2 and 3 with her Shadowbroker resources and the help of rouge military factions of all the council races to create an "arc" where some of the top specimens of each race are stored Illos style and send out to andromeda in case the Reapers win.

Humans take the lead and you start setting up settlements for each race and explore the galaxy and eventually you stumble upon Leviathan Artifacts. Cant tell you what shit they pull from then on out because thats all i know from my insider

>Javik was the catalyst
>He was cut to be resold for more money
>They had to cobble together something else
>The key to beating the reapers became their own leader who was on the citadel all along and couldn't activate the citadel relay himself because who knows

That's EA 4U

the game was done in half the necessary time because EA was leaking money badly and they needed the cash quick. Same thing happened to extremly rushed Dragon Age 2(which was a gloryfied alpha)

END OF RINE

RINE END HERE

>>The key to beating the reapers became their own leader who was on the citadel all along and couldn't activate the citadel relay himself because who knows

Even worse if the lives on the Citadel then how come he couldnt open the Relay in Mass Effect 1? How come he didnt spot the Protheans on the Citadel making adjustments to the Keepers?

The worst part is I'm meeting a friend tonight who fucking loves this shit and I'm gonna have to argue with him on this shit because he's been pushing me to start the 3rd game already and I can just fucking tell he's expecting me to gush my pants about it

Same reason this little shit exists

>Leviathans are the enemy in Mass Effect Andromeda
I'll fucking pirate 50 copies if this is true. Doubly so if that clusterfuck Cerberus shows up

It's clearly a rush job when they tried to ship the game too early.

I believe the Indoctrination theory, which would have been awesome.

I bet this will be the excuse for some of your partners in Andromina or at least a reason to bring Liara back.

It's heavily implied if you're an idiotic biodrone who makes excuses for bioware's fuck ups and wanted to grab at straws to somehow "prove" the ending was actually good

I read that in Wimp Lo's voice

Fuck why does he even fucking need the Keepers?

The Reapers origins should never have been explained. It should have been left at, "they want to fucking kill you."

youtu.be/R_NAoNd4YyY

It's already better than I expected, I expected Cerberus to become the main villians like in Mass Effect 3

A slave race that maintained the main hub to the relay network so that races would be baited into using it as their meeting point

>We got to finish ME by Q2 2012!

> Copy + Paste "Geth + Quarian" sub-plot"

> Finished!

>?????

> Massive Profit!

Almost the same level of that.

You misunderstand. The last time Bioware used a DLC villain as the main villain in the next villain we got fucking Cory. It will be fucking shit for sure if this is true.

>Bioware will now resort to making dlc villains main line game villains
>this is how creative they are now

Christ I wish it would just end.

Some early drafts were actually about exploring that the reapers did not just stay in darkspace but actually spread out running experiments in other galaxies but shit got canned because they want to distance themselves from the Reapers and leave it will the old Trilogy

However EA wants to make money so they want to bring back the Reapers but not have it be the Reapers so Levitathans it is however they wont be called Leviathans (since the label was should have been only been applied to the one in ME3) and will get redesigned a bit

You misunderstand, as bad as I expect ME:A to be not having human terrorists as the main villians is already a step up. I already wasn't going to touch this franchise ever again so it doesn't bother me.

Besides I like the Leviathans because they trigger Indoctrination Theoryfags

>Tfw you fuck up your own game universe so bad you have to pull a deus ex machina and start all over again.

My insider told me that quite frankly no one ever thought that there would be a Mass Effect 2 (due to EA buying Bioware) so the story was never really planned out as a Series.

EA didnt have any expectations of Mass Effect either when they bought Bioware and Microsoft Studios only put in the bare minimum towards the end.

If i remember right Mass Effect was released one month after EA officially took over

>so the story was never really planned out as a Series.
That part is true. they had like a paragraph for ME2 and a couple sentences for ME3 while working on ME1

the official explanation is the Leviathans were an ancient race of immortal squid monsters that indoctrinated every other less advanced race into serving them, but then saw the slave races make AIs that ended up killing everyone on the planet. to stop the threat of AI they made an AI (op pic) programmed to "preserve life at all costs". the AI ended up creating a race of AIs to kill everything in the galaxy to stop anyone from making a race of AIs to kill everything in the galaxy.

Why the fuck does an AI made by space squids look like a 10 year old boy?

They thought this might make things easier for him.

>EA didnt have any expectations of Mass Effect either when they bought Bioware and Microsoft Studios only put in the bare minimum towards the end.
So why buy them then? That makes no sense.

Contact reference, nice.

Because was fucking stupid enough to believe that Shepard, and by proxy the audience, would give a single shit about an offensively stupid child that died because the plot demanded it, and actively spat in our face if we bothered to try and prevent it.

They thought we would care about that death more than Kaidan/Ashley, Navigator Pressly, or any of the other characters we had lost thus far.

And they thought they could capitalize on this supposedly-existent care by giving that child's face to the single most unintelligent villain in video game history. The only thing regarding that child I felt sorry for was its voice actor, because being tied to this monstrosity of a video game is going to be a black spot on their record for the rest of their life, like that baby that was the sun on Teletubbies.

>Because BioWare was*
I got so mad I forgot to write who I was talking about

You where the fuck do I get ken and gabby?

"Lots of speculation from everyone!"

One of those Spectre requisition things on the Citadel.

>So why buy them then?
TORtanic

not even kidding

You're forgetting the part about how the reason Reapers reap is because they're sitting out in dark space trying to find a way to fix the problem permanently and they keep failing, so they hope a new Reaper made from a new species will give a new perspective that will lead to a solution.

It does the same bullshit of justifying the Reapers' actions and trying to make them sympathetic. It was really no better than the ending they actually made.

>tfw this is where the entire shitstorm that would come to be known as GG was born

I think this was really the first time it became clear just how deep into the pockets of the industry so-called "journalists" had become.

You're mistaken. You're right in that it's flawed for revealing just a little too much of what made the Reapers tick but the key feature in this version of the story is that the Reapers are not actively causing, and are not the biggest perpetrators of, the problem they are trying to fix

So Liara can get on the new protagonist's dick/vagina after Shepard's?

>like that baby that was the sun on Teletubbies.
Is there an actual story, there?

>synthetics will murder everyone in the galaxy eventually
>so to stop this we have created a system of synthetics to murder everyone in the galaxy before synthetics can murder everyone in the galaxy

It still tries to make the Reapers into good guys of a sort, which is ludicrous when you look at the atrocities they commit.

"Good" is a strong word, I'd say it fits a lot better with Sovereign's characterization.

>Fuck you puny mortals, we are trying to save all life, forever, from permanent heat death. We will kill as many of you as it takes.