Does Cred Forums approve this game?

Does Cred Forums approve this game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oRfpkcaOhwQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it was actually terrible but no one wants to admit it because everyone gotr memed with the "ultimate pc exclusive" bullshit

I loved it, mods are kinda hard to get working but it adds a shitton of replay value

it's okay for one time

I love the game, but I'm kind of a sucker for Firaxis in general. It was a mess on release, but it seems (mostly) fixed now. DLC is mostly not worth it, although I thought the alien rulers were interesting.

Its better than EU but still not on par with old xcom because they are sticking to the dice roll turns

most people couldnt run it because the game kills systems with excessive light/shadow effects

if you complain about the turn limits you are fucking retarded because they are much longer then the previous game

What turn limits?
Meld?

One of my favorite games.
Mod support is good.
DLC is less good.

What about Xenonauts, meme man?

Between the depressing falseflag shitposting on all sides stemmed from initially being PC exclusive; only stoked by the announcement of console ports we all knew were coming, and crying over time limits (coincidentally there's a lot of overlap with these two facets), you're NEVER going to get a consensus that isn't born out of memes.

I like the Alien Hunter weapons even if the rifle is massively OP

Ask again when 2 comes out.

I'm asking now.

Ruler aliens are utterly shit but i guess they were added to troll long war fags

Well you're getting nothing until 2 comes out.

Pfft, nothing personal kid.

SNEKS
ARE
FOR
VORE

I dunno. I'm contemplating getting it, but I think I'll wait for a sale. I've been fiending for a strategy/tactical game and I know this can scratch that itch. I just don't really wanna pay full price for what I've been reading is a game STILL rife with LOS bugs which is pretty much the crux of a game like this.

Still a lot of bugs and performance issues.
And they still have problems with lousy early game and mediocre late game experience.

yet the game is still good even with shit like 70% hit at point blank with a shotgun

By the numbers.

Fucking lame. It's too bad strategy games are getting so shitty, both with their production and with their shitty DLC practices of nickel and diming every little bit of the games.

First CoH2, then there's this, and fucking Total War Warhammer. Fuck me I guess for wanting to pay an average of $60 for a video game, but nooooooooo we get bare bones shit at $60 and maybe a full game after $150.

So shitty to see where this business has been going the past 20 years.

Xenonauts is boring crap though.
Aside from their incredibly bland artstyle (at least it's not pixelshit but still look crap), the gameplay and AI is terrible.
Gameplay is also not deep and quite simple. For an indie game, I can tolerate shit art and visual but you better compensate me with great and deep gameplay, not the same old shit with no improvement aside from visuals.

Not worth full price and not worth the time playing. Even the lore is crap. I didn't expect the devs to copy and paste and then just add some fan-fiction on top only. I expect new enemies in addition to old ones and some twists. I didn't get that.

Comes out for PS4 on the 27th.
Should I get it?

I liked Enemy Unknown on the PS3

It's not bad by any stretch of the imagination, but it falls short of UFO defense/xenonauts because of a crushing lack of tactical depth. 6 squad members really sucks, and a lot of techniques are beyond broken. Grenade spam means cover is near worthless, and lategame 3 snipers + ranger in cover scouting allows one to autowin almost any mission.

Also the controls and UI is incredibly shit.
The devs didn't bother to innovate or learn from the numerous X-COM clones over the years.
It seems as if the devs are not interested in making a good and fun game but farming nostalgia for profit.

Don't bother. Massive improvement on enemy unkown but after 30 hours about to finish you could get a bug which corrupts all your saves.
It happened to me

It's fun. Get it if it's on sale. But just don't expect overwatch trap from EU to work here though.

I went for 2 rangers 3 grenadiers and a medic dude. Ranger weapon damage is powerful as hell and the scouting is very useful as well. Grenadiers are op as fuck and can oneshot entire pods with a single incendiary. EMP grenades are also highly effective against gatekeepers, sectopods and codex'

never happened to me, the only bug I got was excessive darkness in the avenger... but doing a mission got rid of it so meh

Grenadiers aren't OP. They're incredibly useful but the real OP units are the psionics.

Never had this myself and I'm well over 200+ hours.

Psis get worse and worse as you increase in difficulty. Mostly because the training time becomes ridiculous. 30 days for the simpliest shit on legendary.

The dice roll turns literally do not matter unless you save-scum. We've had this thread a million fucking times now.

And yet they will wreck everyone and everything. It's a long term investment since they don't get XP from missions, but they are worth the wait even when they aren't fully maxed out.

Its p. fun and has crazy modding capability.

It's not bad and a worthy sequel.

youtube.com/watch?v=oRfpkcaOhwQ

Good game with good mod support, there's already top-notch mods that bring models and weapons from other games among other things

>expect another shitty normie review video
>suddenly goes full commander akbar

It's good, play on hardest or fuck off.

Best X-com games where the originals from 20+ years ago, everything past "terror from the deep" is an insult.

the hell are you on about, apocalypse was fine even though it had some flaws

Essential mods?

Gotcha
Evac all
Overwatch all/others
Stop wasting my time, though this one they sorta implemented in base game by zip mode
True retroactive AWC
Show health values

Was what I used 2 months ago.

better interface and more depth than EW
atmosphere is shit
more and easier mods
no MECs to mega punch through everything
old assault class switched out for some le epic ninja shit
stealth aka "avoid the red squares" is not fun
more character customization, except the face which always looks the same
SPARKs are garbage who miss half the shots
mission timers force you to rush, and if you trigger enemies they run closer to your guys so that they can flank you after your turn ends, essentially a triple move

all in all EW is much more enjoyable

>if you complain about the turn limits you are fucking retarded because they are much longer then the previous game

nah the problem is the forced rushing combined with all the special abilities of the new enemies

oh yeah and bugs. there was one time when half the enemies I killed were copies into a clone on death. another time one of my dead soldiers disappeared, so I could not pick him up for his gear. a different time an enemy disappeard from the map and I had to evac and lose, also losing the region from the resistance network.

I pity the iron man players.

is there a mod for xcom eu theme with xcom 2 random maps yet?

>slice my cock and call me caitlyn
Shieeeet nigga

i played it one difficulty level from the max, and i never had the timer be an issue. It's like people play the game and don't realize you can do stuff like remotely hack terminal points and stuff (just need line of sight).

Last two streamers i saw playing it where literally trying to walk up to everything to use them like you had to in the first game (bomb diffusal comes to mind).

It's kind of hard to say. The game was awfully buggy on launch, but is mostly fixed now.

However, between people crying over turn limits and "muh RNG," you're never going to get a truly genuine idea of what Cred Forums thinks about the games actually quality.

Too many people would rather say "The game is too hard!" Instead of "The game is too hard for me."

The production values of the levels is not as high as EU (textures and models weren't as nice). It doesn't have the same sense of "We are losing this war!" as EU, either.

PSI is fun and completely broken.

It doesn't have the sense of 'we're losing this war' because the war was already lost, dumbass

It's pretty good.

Not got much replayability though, you need mods or an expansion for that. The setting of building up and coming back isn't as interesting as having to manage a crumbling resistance though.

They could have improved that aspect by adding more variety, similar to how Longwar has some weapon variants in each tier. The weapon attachment drops also could have played a larger part by making them attachments that are situationally powerful but with a downside to them rather than straight upgrades where one or two are always going to be better for a specific role.

Playing it right now. Game's a dick and in certain situations heavily biased against first-time encounters.

> Walker shows up, walks through the objective and destroys it, throwing away 45 minutes of gameplay because mission is over
> Send experienced ranger to cut down muton in melee, whoops! cant do that! Now precious ranger is dead 'cause you didn't know and couldn't guess.
> World map events are atrociously unfair towards inexperienced players who don't yet know what to focus on, would wager 70% of players had to restart 10 missions in because the avatar project was already 7 points, they had no contacts to no resources and soldiers were dying too fast to be promoted

It's fun but in certain points I just wanna punch whoever decided THIS many high-level enemies in THIS type of map with only 7 turns to complete the objective isn't suicidal. My response (as always whenever a game is giving me cheap deaths) is to cheese it through quick saves and multiple restarting of levels.

It's what a remake of Xcom UFO Defense SHOULD have been, it updates the concept in a unique and interesting way
Still not as good as UFO Defense however, because its so damn restrictive

The only issue i had with it was the DLC fucked you over if you did it and didn't know what it entailed.

Enjoy having your team assrammed by a super elite long before you even meet that type of unit, because you did the mission way too early since it popped up, and Central can fucking solo the mission effortlessly.

I want UFO Defence 2017

The problem is the game doesn't understand probability.
It feels more "random" not because of the RNG, but because of the number of actions you can take each turn. Every action you take is a reflection of your skill. Do you move to a good cover spot or just run out in the open into a flanking position hoping for a crit? But you still have a dive-roll to determine things. That's fine, your skill influences and mitigates the randomness of the dice roll, but you roll a one and bam, 1/4 or your team is missing a shot no matter how skillfully you set them up beforehand. Compare this to the original with 1/14 of your team, and you realize that skill plays a much greater role in original Xcom, while luck plays a much greater one in Xcom EU and 2

Quite annoyed that it's unoptimised cause my PC is pretty shit, I really enjoyed EU/EW and it was difficult to find a PC that WOULDN'T run it.

I've played a little on a friends P, I hate what they have done with chrysallids, I don't like snake thin men but my only complaint with that is the design, if they were thin men who tried to strangle you instead of snakes I would not care. I also don't like the amount oof evac missions

UFO AI was a fun little free game that sort of felt like the original
Slightly buggy and sometimes had giant ass maps with a single UFO hiding in a closet though, so that's a strike against it.

I like the snektits, but I think it's a waste to say they're the Thin Men's TRUE form
The big pink dudes that morph into any human form, those should have been the Thin Men's TRUE form.
Sneks should have been "the aliens are trying to make their oppressive force look beautiful and divine so that people will obey," they used that same excuse with the Floaters anyway

because as we know, in the original it was entirely skill based and not "Rookie panics randomly and throws a grenade into the rest of your squad".

They traded off the more punishing RNG for less punishing stuff, and put a nasty little hidden cap for accuracy so any shot can miss.

Wake me up when there's LW2.

EW LW > XCOM 2 Modded > EW > XCOM 2 > EU

They're all pretty good though.

You also don't understand randomness
With 14 rookies you can afford to lose half to shitty luck and still have enough to overwhelm groups of aliens, as long as everyone sticks together
With 4 rookies losing half means you will now be outnumbered by every single pod you encounter

>They traded off the more punishing RNG for less punishing stuff
No they didn't. A rookie in the only Xcom game isn't going to kill 1/4 of your squad unless you bunched the up next to each other AND primed a grenade beforehand.
In Xcom2, a single panicked rookie can easily kill a single fellow soldier.

I enjoyed it but the timer and the whole dodge/graze thing was bullshit

I haven't played xcom in months, but didn't they always show health?

>Update
Not him but the mod in question is most likely the one that replaces the bars with a number

>I just don't get that feeling that I'm losing this war
>The game is after the war is lost and you're desperately trying to survive and create a resistance to fight back

Maybe you're just retarded?

I thought the story was incredibly lame and art style for the aliens and advent were not creepy or intimidating. I would have liked more unique customizations for guns/lootable things on the battlefield.