What are some good Lovecraft type games, Cred Forums?

What are some good Lovecraft type games, Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SHbuE7rbDzs
youtube.com/watch?v=U54G6obOSQI
youtu.be/0uZy_9I-_uQ?t=30s
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=518818226
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Batman-The-Doom-That-Came-to-Gotham
youtube.com/watch?v=UTcn8DqGEgk
youtube.com/watch?v=aaKDuCgPTws
youtube.com/watch?v=4VI1sSx0iOY
youtube.com/watch?v=w-aoACLcBP4
youtube.com/watch?v=XAdMUk-Prt0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

DCoE

and Darkness Within

and The Last Door

Didn't we have this thread like two days ago?

>two days ago
and get fucking fema threads 15 times a day? fuck you user
>pic related

bloodborne

what the fuck does that mean

Oh, naturally. Played the fuck out of that game. My own personal pick:

>The Darkest Dungeon

The Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

Neptunia.
Those fucking moe anime girls make my brain fuzz up every time my brain tries to ackowlege those games. If that isn't lovecraftian...

thanks

I'm not here all that often, what's fema?

I want a new Lovecraft game, DCotE is getting old

Darkest Dungeon.

bloodborne

What's a "Lovecraft type" game for you?

SOMA. Lovecraftian fiction doesn't always have to be lol Cthulhu

Wouldn't call it Lovecraftian, desu.

Cryostasis has the right sense of madness.

Eternal Darkness is ok Lovecraft-lite. You'll only get the effect of going insane if you're shit at the game and the last few chapters are just a shitty grind, but other than that, it's ok. Kinda misses the point by characterizing the Old Gods but it seemed like they at least tried.

More like Amnesia.

Fits right in with stuff like The Tomb

Quake is top-tier.

whats a good book to read

Dune

How would you make a good Lovecraft game?

Both

Bloodborne.
Eternal Darkness.

The Secret World

SOMA is more existential horror than anything else.

From the the spooks point of view

Feelings of insignificance. General werid and spooky shit happening. Sanity mechanics are a meme that need to die

>dune

the lynch film was a mess, loved sting being the villain though

ill give it a go then

Eternal Darkness on Dolphin 4.0+ is lag free and probably the best Lovecraft game ever made

The book series is far better, and once you've read them it actually makes the directors cut of Dune fairly enjoyable.

Is that not the underlying theme of some of Lovecrafts stories?

Building madness, unseen horror, doubt in the protagonist, cosmic type horrors and deities all of which are deformed but somehow come to be due to many generations of horrendous human acts upon an innocent involving black magic. Namely, the Necronomicon.

Just need shitty writing and try hard imagery and that should do it.

This is going to sound weird, but I don't think The Tomb is actually very much what I'd consider a "traditional" Lovecraftian horror.

Lunch movie had some cool character designs, actors etc., but overall it's not a good representation of the book. Can't really put Dune into a two hours movie.

How is dune lovecraftian?

not him but I think a lot of people mistake "Lovecraft type" with just tentacle infested grotesque monsters.

The most unique elements of Lovecraft isn't visual so much as it's atmospheric. Part of what makes Lovecraftian monsters so scary is their indifference or outright disdain for humans as a creature. It's jarring to read about or experience in media an entire civilization who would assign so little importance to humanity when we're so used to seeing humanity as the center of importance. Moreover, it's also odd to think about a species so far above ours that they would regard us with the same attitude that we have toward flies or spiders or ants.

Some, but the difference is SOMA deals more with a concept of one's own sapience, and a topic called "the philosophical zombie", while Lovecraft is more into the nihilist's perspective of our own smallness and insignificance in the grand scheme of the universe.

the worms are actually a type of other world creature and the planet was civilized before until they opened a portal to the planet and the worm beasts made the planet barren

Not a book, but Lovecraft's most underrated short is The Rats in the Walls.

Although the original browser game is even more so.

It's not. Just a good book.

Fuck huge worms that live in the sand and horde that last remaining rations of a super drug called Spice or some shit

>The Tomb is actually very much what I'd consider a "traditional" Lovecraftian horror.

What would you consider "traditional" Lovecraftian horror? Cthulhu Going ooga booga and the mc going nuts? Because that only happens on a handful of stories

I can't find the quote right now, but the man himself said that it's mostly about humanity being completely and utterly insignificant in a vast and uncaring universe.

I wouldn't really call it good, but I had fun with Magrunner. It's a Portal like fpp puzzle game, but with Cthulhu and shit.

That's not how makers work!

See my post here:

That's not lovecraftian, user

this would've been better if it had more serious tone without those "witty" puns and whatnot

Infra Arcana

i think it's the opening of the Call of Cthulhu you're thinking of.

>The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age

This thread isn't very Lovecraftian

I'm that faggot that likes Eldritch.

That's nice too, but I was thinking of his quote that doesn't belong to a book, where he literally describes his most prevalent themes.

Doesn't mean all his books follow them. Dream-Quest, which I really like, has more of a fantasy feel with cute sentient cats battling frog-people. Sure, there's Nyarlathothep in the end but it ends well anyway.

user, you're small time.

y doe?

Whoa, that's hurtful man.

It's not.

Personally I'd make it like L.A. Noire, the key focus being on investigating crime scenes both through normal means and paranormal means, the main character would be a PI dealing with cases that clients give him, but there would be a main story arc that hints at tying everything up It's up to the player to solve the mystery, not the characters and reveal the true nature of events. It wouldn't be as open world as L.A. Noire, but it would have a far more detailed area of a smaller scale. The player would need to work quite hard to solve cases, certain cases would involve working alongside the law, and others against it.

The picture in the house if you're a complete newb

Disregard. I meant Pickman's model. I suck dicks

Deus Ex.

Rats in the Walls and Shadow over Innsmouth is your starter kit.

The Outsider, Picture in the House and some other of his shorter stories are good to go after that.

Then you work your way up to Herbert West and Call of Cthulhu.

Eventually, man up and read At the Mountains of Madness

Thanks anons, will try and read some this weekend

>hurr luv-e-craft is just tentacle monster and spooky fish ppl

Leave.

A fellow negro as ever before.

As if The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack was written by Joseph Conrad.

The buildup is slow, the atmosphere tense. And just like the gradual accumulation of knowledge drives men mad in Lovecraft's work, so too in Sunless Sea where secrets are a currency.

Still get shivers when docking at the Iron Republic.

Though it's based off of the lore from the Fallen London f2p browser game. Anyone have any experience with that? Worth its salt?

love craft has excellent imagrey and can write intense scenes of horror, but outside of that its all verbose nonsense, pages upon pages of boring dialogue, dry history of a fictitious area, newspaper dates, etc

he's overrated as fuck

however his best work will always be On the Creation of Niggers

Yeah, don't like those either. British-style humour and horror don't really match well. The browser game is less ebin maymay.

As much of faggot that you are, this game is amazing.

Not him but that's what YOU'RE saying. Your saying Dune is Lovecraftian because it has sandworms and drugs. You're an idiot.

Octodad

Sell me on this game, user.

I played it like around 2008 if memory serves right. It's good, but eventually becomes too grindy.

>pages upon pages of boring dialogue
All his works are really short, though?

>implying I ever said that
I've read most of HP's shit. Frank Herbert's dune isn't lovecraftian. feg

this shit is tough, man, or maybe I'm just an idiot

It's a rouge-lite game where you explain spooky temples that are filled with fish people and stuff.

game's spookier than the trailer let's on

guys, I'm sorry, I just mentioned Dune because of the way the question was worded, because I'm re-reading it right now and because it's very good

never wanted to imply Dune has anything to do with Lovecraft

The Dunwich Horror is one of his best stories that I've read.

Robert D Anderson & the Legacy of Cthulhu

it's not really that fun because of its setting but it is fun from a gameplay standpoint and it's pretty fun to speedrun. Also rocks do so much fucking damage.

His essays are far more interesting than his fiction, and they show how much of a scholar he was in literature. How he managed to write such terrible prose it's still a mystery to me

I've always wondered why they try to fit action into games related to it. I think that if they tried to make it an investigation game it would work better. It would start with some normal mystery but with hints on it being of supernatural event and ending with the thing being tied to Elder Gods.
To make it more interesting than interactive story it would include some puzzles and some order you have to intuitively follow or you go mad. Dialogue options where you have to hide what you know or you get locked up in asylum.

It's well written and with a neat concept, but at the end of the day it's just a browser game, and I felt it would be better served in almost any other faction. Hell, I'd fund the isometric CRPG adaption of it on Kickstarter right now if it was announced.

Because we live in a period of fps and mobas

exactly, they're short and most of the works are boring dialogue or historical information about a ficticious place. for example in the shadow over innsmouth the drunks rant about captain marsh and the order of dagon is so fucking drawn out and dry, which is a shame because alot of the atmosphere and imagrey is fantastic in innsmouth but there's that nassive middle section of the drunk going on and on and on about the local religion, dates, and the most minor of details

i get the world building importance of it but it honestly drags

Mass Effect 1

>edge detected

>the drunks rant about captain marsh and the order of dagon is so fucking drawn out and dry
that was always my favorite moment, just learning about the horrible shit that went on there

Xcom: Terror from the deep

softy detected

the poem by lovecraft is a hilarious roast directed at black people, dont be such an offended faggot

Bloodborne

he actually regretted his racist views late in his life

really sucks that he died so young, well, by modern standards

True. I tend to forget that they don't make games for fun nowadays.

>offended
don't worry. there's always this one edgelord who has to mention on the creation of niggers because "muh trivia"

>he actually regretted his racist views late in his life
Not against blacks though

dont get me wrong, i like learning about the history of innsmouth and all the fucked up shit that lead to the orders creation, but lovecraft often gets hung up on minutia and confuses world building for having characters sound like encyclopedias

Would you guys count Penumbra: Black Plague as a "Lovecraft game" it has the whole ancient abominations thing going on

ネクロノミコン. For you, weebs

None

What are your expectations for this?

thats what makes it even more okay to laugh at
what does edgy even mean anymore. it used to mean guys who wore trenchcoats and like katanas too much, now its directed at people who find the comedy in shock humor?

I would maybe agree if he wrote novels, but all his stories are short enough that it doesn't bother me. I'm more bothered by protagonists not realizing something fishy is going on until the end of the book.

Give source, then.

Minecraft without its audience and without crafting.

huh, wouldn't expect PC98 recommendation here

From a picture, none.

what the fuck do I do?

you are the new definition, user. you should be proud

When, long ago, the gods created Earth
In Jove's fair image Man was shaped at birth.
The beasts for lesser parts were next designed;
Yet were they too remote from humankind.
To fill the gap, and join the rest to Man,
Th'Olympian host conceiv'd a clever plan.
A beast they wrought, in semi-human figure,
Filled it with vice, and called the thing a Nigger.

-HP lovecraft

if it keeps riling up goobahs like you, you best your ass im proud

>riling up
nah, not really though

youtube.com/watch?v=SHbuE7rbDzs
Here's the trailer from E3.

Post moar Lovecraftian vidyas, non-believers!

The Colour Out of Space is also worth checking out. It's another fine example of Lovecraft's take on horror.

It's not
Dunefags are sad that 40k is more popular

My first thought was:
>how are they gonna fuck this up?

anyone like this?

>No gameplay
Nothing to judge.

It's his best story, IMO.

>40k is more popular
More popular than the best selling science fiction novel of all time? I kind of doubt that.

I was so fucking spooked when went in expecting a fun game, but got a horror dungeon crawler.

Ye, I'd play that

No love for muds

I hate trailers like this. It shows pretty much nothing about the game.

Anyway, it already looks like streamer bait unfortunately.

>Focus home interactive

They seem to be a good company

That list is bullshit, it put fucking Majora at the #1 spot.

Elder sign

Sovereign in Mass Effect 1 was Lovecraftian as fuck. Too bad they tried to explain the Reapers' reasons later on.

Darkest dungeon
Sunless sea (but this game has issues)

I think it's fine for a very first trailer where no one even knew the game existed, i would expect to see something more substantial in the next one though

Bloodborne

This is a great fucking thread; I'm glad we can have a good chat once in a while, thanks you fuckers.

I didn't watch it, just found it funny for some reason.

Legacy of Kain.

>crtl+f
>no consuming shadow
are you guys even trying?

Tomb Raider is a bit lovecraftian I guess.

The door's over there

>game has lovecraftian themes
>dude le tentacles and human lives have no meaning BLUEEEEERGH IM GOING LE INSANE

Go back to eating fries without mayonnaise or whatever the fuck it is Americans do, Yahtzee.

This is an imageboard, you fucking autist.

Basically this

Where user?

oh shit, I did it, I can leave this house now

Need a visual cue?

nice tentacles, breh

Not the same guy but a symptom of autism is taking everything literally.

Yes please, i was not aware about doors in the internet.

Sad to see that cosmic horror has been reduced to this by hack writers.

here's an audio one as well, just for you
youtube.com/watch?v=U54G6obOSQI

I wish some writers and artists focused on some of the more interesting monsters in Lovecrafts works, he wrote about a hell of a lot more than just tentacles

>the more interesting monsters in Lovecrafts works
You mean the flying crab mushrooms from Pluto? Or the walking cacti with tentacles on top? Or the one that was so horrifying that no mortal word can describe it oh god give me my pills I have to kill myself now

>pic related?

>people ITT will insist bloodborne is not lovecraftian but will also say CoC:DCotE is worth playing

DUDE ANCIENT TENTACLES LMAO

TfTD

>that user that goes "uh Bloodborne isn't actually Lovecraftian, so much as it's inspired by it, because in order to be lovecraftian, you can't fight back or win" and then goes on to claim Lovecragt was anything more than a pulp writer
I know you're in here, you fucker.

movie?

Movie is shit. Short story is much better.

then which story asshole

>right-click
>search image through google
there you go, fucktard

>in order to be lovecraftian, you can't fight back or win
Cthulhu was knocked the fuck out by getting hit by a boat.

I think Sunless Sea is the most Lovecraftian game I've ever played.

Spiriting bottles of souls across black seas, fending off augmented sharks the size of your boat and swarms of predatory bats.

Transporting corpses to their final resting place, and sending them off with a smile as they tip their hats and trundle off into the Tomb Colonies.

Accepting a new shipmate on board, who has joined with the vested interest of finding a nice hatching place for the parasitic wasp eggs that have replaced her eyes. She's entirely okay with this.

Stopping at a curious island to observe the warring cultures of intelligent pygmy creatures, getting mixed up in their politics and hoping they dont murder you.

>THE SUN. THE SUN. THE SUN. THE SUN. THE SUN.

Pretty pumped for the submarine expansion next month.

The Thing on the Doorstep

>But Johansen had not given out yet. Knowing that the Thing could surely overtake the Alert until steam was fully up, he resolved on a desperate chance; and, setting the engine for full speed, ran lightning-like on deck and reversed the wheel. There was a mighty eddying and foaming in the noisome brine, and as the steam mounted higher and higher the brave Norwegian drove his vessel head on against the pursuing jelly which rose above the unclean froth like the stern of a daemon galleon. The awful squid-head with writhing feelers came nearly up to the bowsprit of the sturdy yacht, but johansen drove on relentlessly. There was a bursting as of an exploding bladder, a slushy nastiness as of a cloven sunfish, a stench as of a thousand opened graves, and a sound that the chronicler could not put on paper. For an instant the ship was befouled by an acrid and blinding green cloud, and then there was only a venomous seething astern; where - God in heaven! - the scattered plasticity of that nameless sky-spawn was nebulously recombining in its hateful original form, whilst its distance widened every second as the Alert gained impetus from its mounting steam.
Delete that from thine mind

The Shadow Out of Time by Lovecraft is a really good one

Because of all the Lovecraft fuss I got a Necronomicon and read all of it; I thought most of the stories were crap, there I said it.

He's concepts were pretty good and maybe for their time the short stories were good as well but the whole thing is overall severely overrated.

reminder that cthulhu got his head exploded by a boat

wow totes LMAOOO!!!!

is there such a thing as lovecraftian comedy? lovecraftian drama?

improve your search history, feg

AHH YEAH PICKMANS MODEL IS MY SHIT

youtu.be/0uZy_9I-_uQ?t=30s

This reading of it is fantastic. One time I turned off all the lights, lit up a gas lantern, sat down at the table with three pints of beer and just got immersed, pretending he was rambling to me.

google "did i just have tea with cthulhu"

that sounds fucking stupid user, you're sad

You're stupid. You don't know true entertainment.

I bet you use silverware even when you're completely alone.

reminded me of herbert west reanimator

Yeah, what a faggot, I bet he doesn't even shit on the floor and use his excrement to fingerpaint figures of old women getting gangabanged by velociraptors

explain

Reanimator is probably the pulpiest Lovecraft, just scary gross stuff happening. Still like it.

oddly specific

If it weren't for the smell, that'd be pretty brutal actually.

Both of you stop being faggots. Immersing yourself into something you enjoy is perfectly fine and it can be fun as hell. Not using silverware because you're alone is fucking dumb.

I'd play an X Files style game with Cthulhu based cases.

>delta green
not vidya, but resembles what you mentioned

Google new cthuhlu game and yo might get a surprise

Yeah, I just want to solve mysteries but never really solve them, an ever present feeling that whatever I've uncovered is barely scratching the surface.

Or its just cosmic horror.

Well forgive me if I like to put some effort into having fun. I also appreciate unique and memorable experiences. They reassure me that I haven't lived for nothing even though I'm alone and my life is pointless.

I might skip the shitting on the floor part, but drawing old women getting gangbanged by velociraptors might be interesting. I'll set up the room to have only red colored lights, and I'll put The Thing on to set the mood.

I'll remember that night for the rest of my life. The more moments I remember the more alive I've really been. I'm not gonna let entire years slip by entirely unmemorably anymore.

I was so hyped for Eldritch. And then I finally got it and hated it. Had no appeal for me.

TRANSITION OF JUAN GAME WHEN

>Not using silverware because you're alone is fucking dumb

Yet another poor soul who will never know the liberty of enjoying a finely crafted pasta dish or juicy steak without utensils or bothersome clothes.

and skyrim DLC Dragonborne

You, I like you

I'm going to read that Batman vs. Lovecraft again.

[They ____/spoiler]

Oh shit. Where can I read this?

Apart from the most popular ones(call of cthulu, mountain of madness...), what are some of Lovecraft's best short stories?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=518818226

Go and read mignolaverse, shit is so good and full of lovecraft stuff.
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Batman-The-Doom-That-Came-to-Gotham

why don'y you use the right file next time instead of a photo for ants

>mignolaverse
top tier comics for me

The Nameless City is one of my favorites.

youtube.com/watch?v=UTcn8DqGEgk

As is Pickmans Model I also really love Nathicana, but that's a poem, not a story.

youtube.com/watch?v=aaKDuCgPTws

Dagon

The Time Cthulhu Ate Conan or Suck It Robert E. Howard, That'll Teach You to Call Me a Mommy's Boy

Cthulhu Nation

btw Bloodborne is not lovecraftian, enemies look kinda eldritch that's true, and they come from "space", but carrying giant weapons and killing hundreds of monsters without fear is just the opposite of "lovecraftian"

Anyone else played this?Thought it was decent

Thanks. This thread has inspired me to finally open my copy of his Necronomicon that I was given over a year ago.

there are literally only two good ones

>Lovecraftian fiction doesn't always have to be lol Cthulhu

while i agree, i don't think the whole existential robot thing qualifies as lovecraftian. like at all.

The old "Alone in the dark" games but they aged terribly

I wish they could have kept with those single narrative style games. Nemesis was basically just a gimmick game.

No opinion on it but there aren't any other alternatives really as Frogwares is the only studio actively making Sherlock Holmes games. They're good for the most part.

shut the fuck up

>What are some good Lord Dunsany type games, Cred Forums?

stfu, user. we're discussing hololulu

Lovecraft isn't just tentacles and vague madness, it's also the idea that humans can't fight back, that mankind is worthless. A hunter gaining power levels and fighting giant monsters isn't lovecraftian, it's your average anime shit. It's because of faggots like you we now get shit like Cthulhutech or kawaii Cthulhu comics and plushes.

>bonus point for being an unoriginal pleb
We've already had this shitpost about 5 times already.

0/10 bait

I can't believe people still fall for this

alien isolation, perhaps?

nigga what

DCotE is a great example of why you keep source code backed up.

uhh obviously alien isolation is lovecraftian because you are faced against unimaginable horrors that you cant fight back against

duh

>low-tier shitbait

I've always liked the setting, I played an absurd amount of the browser game ages ago. I really liked the Bazaar guys, I think they went under the title "Mister" didn't they? Like Mister Glass and shit? I like how they and pretty much everyone else could be both complete monsterous fuckers and overly polite at the same time. Nearly everyone was a dapper prick.

And god willing you were the most dapper prick of all.

sorry

i've been baiting and shitposting for this entire thread. I've run out of steam, but I'll try harder next time

>230 posts
>75 posters

at least 30 are me. maybe more

Has anyone played this? I was thinking of giving it shot

If I could see a list of the terrible things my character has done to collect resources or train a stat I'm certain nobody would dispute the dapper prickness of it.

Spoken like someone who only understands the basics of the horrible mess that is Lovercrafts-not-actually-that-great-but-not-really-terrible writing. Dude, people fought back a lot. It's just that it was impossible for you to fight back against what were essentially things so powerful that they wouldn't attack humans to begin with because we are THAT unthreatening to them. Less than ants, because ants can still bite you and be annoying and you'll squash them. More like particles or some shit.

Those guys were merely one part of the setting. They do not represent all of fucking Lovecrafts works.

Bloodborne is the 'how do you do, fellow kids' of lovecraft

it's so by the numbers it's sad.

I mean some of the shit you do to people is pretty fucked up. I vaguely recall basically throwing someone in a never ending nightmare for essentially nothing.

holy shit wat? how do i into fallen london?

It's just a browser game with cool settings and interactions. I recall a significant grind in places, but if you just click around when you've got time to kill and do other things you can enjoy it pretty fully.

Lots of neat stories, characters and what not. Lots of confusing shit too. Plus your character is basically a massive pimp and asshole reguardless of what you choose to do, and to me that's hilarious.

What is your favorite Lovecraft story?

In The Mountains of Madness will always be the best.

thick as a brick

COOS is better.

It's only Minecraft in the sense that the levels are made up of voxels. Other than that there are 0 similarities.

These are both top tier

The Dunwich Horror, and Rats in the Walls

>I never read Lovecraft but let me tell you what Lovecraft is about
wew

This

but I like Shadow for actually having a sense of tension.

Color out of Space or the Rats in the Wall

The Music of Erich Zann

I liked Consuming Shadow well enough, but wish there were more maps and scenarios to work with.

I rather enjoyed The Music of Eric Zann, it had great build up to make me tense despite it being so short.

Darkest Dungeon

The Electric Executioner

>Lovecraft
>souls

That said, Sunless Sea is a pretty neat game that draws some definite inspiration from the World of Lovecraft.

Shadow out of Time

I prefer his more down-to-earth horror stories desu

Souls series.

>a womb will be blessed with child

dunsany is shit

The Secret World
Fuck that morse code mission, took me half an hour to get the coordinates right

>it feels rather... rapturous
>[insane giggling]

The Music of Erich Zann is my favorite. The Outsider is a close second.
Nice to see so many anons who love this story. It's very underrated.

youtube.com/watch?v=4VI1sSx0iOY

Fallen London is great.

>Going from a nobody in shitty lodgings to mouthing off to people who play with mortals for entertainment and actually making them hesitant to stand up to you
>Any time you get to do a truly good deed
>Bitch slapping a satanic figure

Good times.

Then both Tolkien and Lovecraft were dung beetles, and you're a tapeworm at most

>Your name and title will never be as rad as Edward John Moreton Drax Plunkett, 18th Baron of Dunsany

Why even breathe

>nightmare_newborn.mp4

It's pretty interesting as far as browser games go. It's basically a huge branching CYOA with an inventory system and several hubs you can travel between with different storyletts to pursue.

Does it not get repetitive? I liked Sunless Sea, but always wished there was more to see.

who?

I think people said it above me, but there is a bit of a grind in FL. So basically to see everything takes time, but there is a shit ton of content. It's been going for years, after all.

Edward John Moreton Drax Plunkett, 18th Baron of Dunsany, man...

literally who

Hard to say. The Jorkins stories are very different from the early Gods stories.
I think Journey captures some elements, and Okami capatures other elements.

(My favorite Lovecraft was Dreamquest of Unknown Kadath, which is much more like Dunsany than most the rest of Lovecraft is.)

Dream-Quest is really really good.

I've only read one collection of his stories but my favourite two are The Colour Out of Space and The Outsider.

youtube.com/watch?v=w-aoACLcBP4

Edward John Moreton Drax Plunkett, 18th Baron of Dunsany motherfucker, do you speak it?

makes me think of alone in the dark

Edward John Moreton Drax Plunkett, 18th Baron of Dunsany?

Certainty not Peter Jackson presents: Edward John Moreton Drax Plunkett, 18th Baron of Dunsany - The Official Game of the Movie

>condemned
youtube.com/watch?v=XAdMUk-Prt0

Among other things, a writer, who wrote stories like "The Fortress Unvanquishable, Save for Sacnoth", and "The Distressing Tale of Thangobrind the Jeweller, and of the Doom that Befell Him"