How'd I do vee, am I ready to join the master race?

how'd I do vee, am I ready to join the master race?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/8vBb2R
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>he can afford a 1070

FUCK YOU

>paying $200 more for getting 2~3 fps more
>not investing in an SSD to reduce boot time by over 2 fucking minutes.

pcpartpicker.com/list/8vBb2R
Get this instead
>being poor/underage

That's what happens when you have a job.

>core i5
>GTX 1060

You're doing this on purpose aren't you?

Why cheap out with only 8GB RAM? 16 is cozy.

I'm showing him how retarded he is.

In all honesty you fucked up with that hard drive.

Next thing to do is to buy an SSD and have 2 drives. Use SSD for OS and programs and use HDD to store media and the like.

>gtx 1080
>1080p60hz

I can't decide if I want to invest in a 1440p screen now or wait for 4k.
The 1080 is still not quite fast enough for a 4k setup, but I'm pretty sure that if I go for a 1440p now I'll regret spending the money next year.
It's hell.

What's the problem? an i5 can power a 1060 no problem. my i5 4690 and my gtx 970 have done me well for two years so far.

Get 1440p@144hz

wait until 4k 60fps is a thing

unless 120fps gives you a boner

pretty ok OP.

I'd recommend getting just one stick of 8GB Ram for now and adding another stick down the line of your short on money. Ram is cheap and adding another stick is the cheapest and easiest upgrade you can do.

I could afford this, but I really, really, don't want to upgrade to something this nice until we get a new gen of cpus. I mean, is a 6600k such a huge improvement over my OCed 2500k that I should bite the bullet and do it anyway? I really, really want better RAM too, but my current motherboard doesn't support DDR4, so I would need to replace that too, even if it was compatible with a 6600k, which I don't know if it is either.

>no ssd

into the trash

>locked processor
>aftermarket cooler
ishygddt

>$12 thermal paste

1440p, especially at 144hz or at least with a good sync monitor is a huge upgrade over a standard 1080p. I wouldn't bother with 4k anytime soon. No hardware setup can do it at a good refresh rate, and won't for a while, and the upgrade, visually, from 1440 to 4k is actually not as significant as you would think. A smoother picture is way more valuable.

Oh, and this is my rig. I was thinking about waiting until the TIs come out for the 1000 series and then buying whatever new CPU was out, 16GBs of nice DDR4 RAM, and a new MOBO to support it all. Maybe a nice Gsync monitor too. But I don't know if I can resist waiting 6 months.

The 1060 is obsolete. Can't even go 60fps at 1080p on all games even though its almost $300

Who /sleeperbuild/ here?

>is a 6600k such a huge improvement over my OCed 2500k that I should bite the bullet and do it anyway?
no

>I really, really want better RAM too
ddr4 is a meme. go look at benches

there has been next to no progress as far as video games are concerned in 10 years in any other hardware other then the video cards themselves. if you want to take advantage of new technologies in processors like quicksync or some shit then, by all means, upgrade. i can't think of a single reason to upgrade any other harware from the last 10 years besides maybe going from pcie 2.0 to 3.0. not even sure how long ago that change was made.

turn down the settings, kid.

also, you can't get 1080/60 without paying the price, kid. that's what you get for going PC. you aren't poor, are you?

>A8 5500
>with a 980Ti

lmfao retard. either go all in or fuck off. AMD CPUs are shit, their APUs are even worse.

>gtx 980 ti

SO POOR IT HURTS

Getting a 6770k soon
I bought it last year when it came out. It's just as good as a 1070.

>I don't need an ssd

>asus case
>asus mobo

that shit better not be stock from a prebuilt user. upgrading your prebuilt with a psu and graphics card doesn't make it a sleeper. it makes a it a shitbox of a car with 24 inch chrome rims.

Never get a non-K CPU if you want longevity. Also, seeing how you're paying so much you don't have to on parts like your overpriced mobo and case, I assume you have more money to spend, so I'd get an i7 K-card. Reinvest some of the money you'd put into your overpriced mobo and case into it.

Also, if you don't mind buying second hand, just get your case off of Craigslist or something for 1/3 of what you're looking to spend here.

Your thermal paste is probably not worth paying double the price of Arctic Silver 5.

Get 2x8 GB of your RAM if you want to future-proof. Games are starting to demand more.

You can get a Noctua D15 if you are willing to spend more on the premium CPU cooler of the air cooling market.

Get an SSD for your OS.

Go to Cred Forums

he's right you know

>heh poorfags...
>he says as he collects his minimum wage paycheck and wastes it all on video games, failing to save a single cent because he doesn't think about the future

hope it was worth it

>having a minimum wage job
Nice to know you're autistic.
>he doesn't think about the future
What future?

Ditch the cooler and thermal paste, non-k cpus can't be overclocked so the stock one is fine.
Upgrade to 16gb, 8 may be fine for the toasters most of the casuals around here are running, but you are building a decent rig that can handle modern games.

>What future?

*tips*

Ow the edge

This post feels like the same shit I heard when asking if an SSD was worth getting. Then I got one and it was night and fucking day. I feel like Cred Forums is full of poorfags that try to convince everyone else to stay toaster tier so they feel justified in their poorness.

>I feel like Cred Forums is full of poorfags
It's mostly neets and underages, but there are quite a few normalfags.

Seriously. If I see one more post about some guy that is "playing games at good dps on good settings" on their toaster they got for 500 bucks back in 2010, I'm going to strangle somebody.

please point out where i was wrong. i didn't mean to include ssds in that post and i was this poster i assume you're the actual typical pc gayman fag from Cred Forums who doesn't actually know anything about computers since you had to ask if an ssd was worth getting, on Cred Forums of all places, and didn't just look at benches.