Dual Strike was the best. Prove me wrong

Dual Strike was the best. Prove me wrong.

Advance Wars thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N-T8KwCCNh8
youtube.com/watch?v=Om0KmN0o0O0
youtube.com/watch?v=aK3A0T8W_vU
youtube.com/watch?v=cC_7mmTOqdo
youtube.com/watch?v=YRR8XfofkpY
youtube.com/watch?v=vH5-H3_5ISY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Was Battalion Wars officially part of the Advance Wars series and if so why did they redesign everything to make it look worse instead of using the good designs that they already had?

It wasn't.

Because real time meaning spin off meaning different designs

Until the main like title of dawns of shit decide to go dark and fucked the franchise up

Advance Wars 2 my nigga

DS > 2
I'm not even OP but you're wrong

The tilted camera angle was pretty ugly. I prefer AW2.

>working hard to make your AD + GUP tabletop, semi realistic tank battle game

wish me luck anons

>tag power
>win

Details? That sounds super sick.

Tag mechanic in DS just lead to drawn out, boring fights IMO. Also Sturm > Von Bolt any day of the week.

Did you ever play the GUP tabletop game or maybe Finest Hour on iOS?

It's that sort of turn based, top down game focused on tanks that all have semi realistic values like firepower, range, armor thickness etc...

Those games were fun but on their own it that can feel a bit dry so I'm planning to have at least two vehicles per player (probably something like a heavy tank and an armored car) crewed by CO-like commanders that can use their super moves every once in a while; kind of like how COs worked in Days of Ruin.

I'm still figuring out the game's scale. Not sure how many vehicles per player I want to have or if I want just a light one, a heavy one and a handful of infantry squads that act as tools to setup the important tank maneuvers.

Who has the best theme in the game? I vote Jess.

youtube.com/watch?v=N-T8KwCCNh8

Right here.
youtube.com/watch?v=Om0KmN0o0O0

GBA>DS

But that's wrong.

Max is my husbando.

I agree 100%. Had the most content and wasn't edgy like DoR

they really stopped trying to make the games look nice after the first one

LET'S PLAY SOME ADVANCE WARS

>How do I play?

1.- Download and extract www.mediafire.com/download/35cct9gh28jc9qa/
2.- Double click mednafen.bat
or just drag and drop "aw2.gba" into "mednafen.exe"
3.- Press Alt + Shift + 1 to setup your controls. (At every unique button prompt, press the key you want to assign it to TWICE so it moves on towards the next button).
4.- To connect to an active server, press T to type /server IP PORT or /connect IP PORT
5.- So we can tell you apart, press T to type /nick YOURNICKNAME
6.- Play the fucking game.

If you join a session with people on it, ask if there's any available open spots. If so, type:

/dupe 1

to share the control. I know this is Cred Forums, but don't be a dick and take control or move other people's units when it's not your turn.

>Mednafen Server (USA):
Address: mednafen-us.emuparadise.org
Port: 4046

>Mednafen Server (Netherlands):
Address: mednafen-nl.emuparadise.org
Port: 4046

>Some user's dedicated server (Paris, France):
Address: omachi.moe

Port: 8092

fuck off

Literally just use AWBW.

>No Advance Wars on an Advance Wars thread

You fuck off.

>play BW1
>like it even if the last few missions were dull

>play BW2 which is supposedly better
>no way to command units to move to your cursor, can only command them to stay and follow

you're backing it right? RIGHT?
kikustarturo is just to make more features
game is already done

Only if you're a pleb, which you apparently are.

>backing

>Backing anything on kikestarter

WHEN WILL YOU LEARN

>wanting a game to take weeks instead of hours

>700% funding required for multiplayer

No one wants to play with you, you desperate lonely fuck.

Kill yourself subhuman

I can't prove you wrong, but I'm an edgelord who likes what Days of Ruin brought to the table.

Dunno what it is but that artstyle screams "LAZY"

I think it looks nice but I would never kickstart anything

Wait a couple hours. Burgers aren't home yet.

it was fine, i just really didnt want it
i want my cute little army guys

What the fuck is this song

Why is it in this game

youtube.com/watch?v=aK3A0T8W_vU

It's just the credits music. No relevance to anything.

The balance was fukt

The setting and tone is hit or miss, but the gameplay is top notch. Only downside is a lack of content.

I agree 100% I fucking hated DoR because balance isn't everything.

The first one had the best campaign.

How would you fix Dual Strike?

>Dual Strike
>best

It's been years since I played it, but I felt like tag powers were a bit much for me. Crazy units like the stealth planes and piperunners and shit were great, though.

Also Lash best waifu.

Thinking about backing it. Played the demo and it's reasonably solid, just interface issues mostly (amount of information presented to the users is too low at the moment). Also massive balance issues but they are tweaking it constantly and plan on overhauling the damage calculations entirely after kickstarter is over.

I like the artstyle, though it is more realistic than the cartoon funland of AW.

2 best. DS had a wonderful amount of content, but also heaps of problems that really shouldn't have been. Balance is completely fucked, campaign sucks, story sucks, looks like ass, every character is flanderized to ruin, every single battle with two COs is wait for your tag power to charge and win and/or don't get overrun by the enemy tag power and win.
2, on the other hand, was just about perfect.

Make Tag powers just be the effects of both CO's Superpowers at the same time. No 2 turn shit.

Make them do that and have both CO effects take place at once for the turn. Having two COs at once should mean you've got two people influencing your army, not that your tanks and planes are suddenly twice as fast.

It definitely was but I really enjoyed the original as the same. Shame the series never really had a truly balanced game. Every single game had a least one horseshit guy.

Shame it never released in Japan. The series might have still existed otherwise. Lin a GOAT

>Lin a GOAT

A reminder.
youtube.com/watch?v=cC_7mmTOqdo

Hot damn this is bad.

>BRO what if we made advance wars but much less readable?
>and with way worse controls?
>and with shitty fog of war mechanics?
>and no return fire nor skippable animations so you waste tons of time killing every single low hp anything
>and the HQ produces units so you have to surround it and kill something in one turn otherwise you can't cap
>and absurd features like combined attacks, unit facing that barely does anything, searchable buildings, no repairs and wack attack ranges
>also only the first couple missions are fully translated, the rest are a mix of jap and eng

>and sometimes almost dead infantry in heavy cover can survive 2 full squads attacking, for some reason

youtube.com/watch?v=YRR8XfofkpY

youtube.com/watch?v=vH5-H3_5ISY
I really need to get around to days of ruin