Just started playing this for the first time having completed DaS1&3 first, and holy shit why are the controls so bad?

Just started playing this for the first time having completed DaS1&3 first, and holy shit why are the controls so bad?
They're completely different from DaS1&3, what gives?
This shit is so awkward, it doesn't even feel like a Souls game.

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/darksouls2/mods/76/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

when you get used to them you'll like them.
imo they feel more realistic and the finishers are so cool.

Just get used to them. Once you get proficient with them you will never look back at DS1 or DS3.

Why the fuck are you playing them out of release order?

Anyway the answer is that it's all motion capped. They wanted to emphasize the realistic, weighty, methodical aspects of the combat and downplay the twitchy reflexive parts of the combat. DaS3 and Bloodborne took the opposite direction. It takes some getting used to.

same here. the rapier combat is terrible. but I cant seem to stop using it since getting richards rapier.

>They're completely different from DaS1&3, what gives?
That's odd.

When I started playing 2 after 1 I didn't even notice a difference.

Espada rapier OP

It's not the realistic part, the gamepad controls are just off. When I use the stick and I slightly turn either left or right there is a deadzone, and then at some point it just snaps into the direction I'm pointing it at. Both Dark Souls 1 and 3 had smooth 360 degrees turning, and this one feels like it's only using 8 directions. The camera also only goes two speeds, fast and slow. It doesn't have that gradual turning that both 1 and 3 had. Why are the controls so broken in this one compared to the other games?

>Just started playing this
is this a hidden meme?

>Implying 1 3 2 isn't the best order

probably because it was a shitty B team. I agree, playing dark souls 2 makes me physically ill. The game is also just flat out poorly designed compared to the others. I'd recommend you just skip this one, and this is coming from a hardcore souls fan.

What do you mean? In my experience compared to 1 every action had an extra fraction of a second before you could do another action, and for some reason they made it so you can't properly combo between heavy and light attacks by adding even more of a delay in that context. Combine that with the terrible sound effects and I honestly don't know how anyone can look at the gameplay and say "yea, this is totally even remotely acceptable". The game shines in other was don't get me wrong but the gameplay is worse that even demons souls, and there wasn't even kicking, jump, and plunge attacks in demons souls so that says a lot I think. Dark souls 1 was way more stiff than demons souls too but 2 takes it to a new level

Are there any mods for fixing the gamepad controls at least?

its the worst souls game, I wish I believed my friends when they said "just skip it"

Do you realize how much of a fucking infant you sound like right now? There's nothing to be "fixed", they're not broken, you just have to get used to them. Play the fucking videogame you silly cunt.

God, Fuck Leoflynn Robstone.
Biggest asshole I met in entire series of Dark Souls.

>There's nothing to be "fixed", they're not broken
Except they are, and I just found a mod for fixing it.
nexusmods.com/darksouls2/mods/76/?
Neither Dark Soul 1 nor 3 had this atrocious deadzone issue. There is no excuse for this.

You're just making shit up to stir up shit .
>muh controls
I noticed nothing different with the controls.

they arent bad, they are slightly different, you will probably prefer them in time, they are far superior to ds1 floaty controls

ds2 is a tight game, mechanically.

Even Mario 64 had 360 degree turning in 1996. How they thought this was acceptable is beyond me.

Sureley samefagging or bait

The movement controls were a big mistake and were wisely returned to normal for DS3.

it has nothing used to getting used to it and it's better OP, it was just a horribly bad decision. The game is still good, but a few horrible design choices really seperates it from how good DS1, 3, and even BB were

I played on M+KB because I'm a huge faggot
after setting up an autohotkey to fix the obnoxious mouse click delay and bind jump attack/kick to one button each the controls were actually flawless and really fun

I highly recommend it

let's have From make a Ninja Gaiden-like game and see how it is
Oh wait that happened and it sucked dick because From is a shit developer

I had fun with it. Worth 20$

That's just the tip of the iceberg on the shit glacier that is DaS2.

I can't believe I payed money for this game.

Because it's on a new engine.
Everything's slower, there's more delay, and everything's way floatier. I don't know how they managed to make the simple act of walking feel so floaty. It sucks. I didn't realize how bad it was until I went back to 1, holy shit.

No matter what I did I absolutely hated looking around in DaS2, I don't know how to describe it, and it sounds stupid, but simply looking around with the stick in this game was nausea inducing and felt like shit.