CAPCOM ROLLING BACK SFV DRM

CAPCOM ROLLING BACK SFV DRM

twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/779415147873914880

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3GXttJzxWVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=fC4CY4n-_Uc
blog.us.playstation.com/2016/09/19/capcom-cup-2016-prize-pool-increased-new-sfv-content-detailed/
steamspy.com/app/310950
youtube.com/watch?v=Q-LO00yq91A
youtube.com/watch?v=t2dD1D2Kpl0
youtube.com/watch?v=sd8rWl9fQWY
youtube.com/watch?v=eaMlTjouRtc
youtube.com/watch?v=Jqd7xrHpfYw
youtube.com/watch?v=Re7ehvCTT4E
youtube.com/watch?v=fHhy_UXJaks
youtube.com/watch?v=tCyi-88wUYY
youtube.com/watch?v=BmHx-K15yZI
youtube.com/watch?v=EfRNQu9o1Bk
youtube.com/watch?v=c5UVIxcuvpA
youtube.com/watch?v=CwZSrXv5LW0
youtube.com/watch?v=MnUfDTVmQr4
youtube.com/watch?v=oBuidfTqPUs
youtube.com/watch?v=LGDDl5SzQfk
youtube.com/watch?v=pBU6ANq5pV8&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/Bill307_ca/status/779506121740517378
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The last thing this game needed was more rollback.

Okay but in the meantime is Urien fun?

Yes.

>he thinks im opening street fighter on my PC

Not good, but fun.

Very much so. One of the better DLC characters along with Guile. His neutral is absolutely fucking devastating with pokes and counterpokes and his high-low game with reflector is actually scary unlike most characters in this game. If they didn't nerf him from pre-release he'd be lower top 8 though.

word to the wise: you can safe jab his EX Headbutt, nobody seems to know this yet

Love the game. But holy fuck has it been a disaster since day 1.

>tfw they took away 1.6 million FM from me
almost dont feel like going back

Yeah capcom is actually FUCKED

This was expected/10 so truly we just have this good September patch. Ps4 player here though.

tfw sfv will die and injustass will sell 5 million copies ez

>took away fight money
Haven't logged in since early August. Was this recent? I abused One round survival before they fixed it but I was under the impression that nothing was ever stored server side.

Did you keep your characters?

I got the message telling me they're taking all my FM and whatever I bought with them a while back. They never did take anything from me. Guess I got lucky.

BLUNDER CONFIRMED

>Did you keep your characters?
yes, luckily. also stages and colors

It really is an injustice™.

Yeah you get to keep everything you bought

when a racing game is the only game that was fully complete this whole year. I think Gears 4 is going to be complete as well

yay

faith in capcom restored

best fighting game ever now

gonna wait a couple days for those Urien tutorials

WHERE CAN I GET THE SURVIVAL MODE TRAINER?

>patch installs an unsigned driver that allows arbitrary remote code execution on your computer

Just fuck my brand up.

>yfw no one is defending this
C'est la Cred Forums.

Post YFW piracy is now just as safe as buying a game

No one was even defending it you fag.

Post more rare mikes

Been like this for a while.

fug I should probably restart my computer but it takes forever

does the driver get removed when SFV closes?

Does the fact that they installed kernel level drivers mean that they really could've logged anything on your PC?

HOW DO I REMOVE THE MALWARE GUYS?

>capcom is getting revenge on FM cheaters

No.

no one was defending it in the last thread you posted this in either, you unfunny faggor

Why the fuck did they think this was a good idea

B-b-but it's C-c-apcom guys! You trust Capcom, r-r-right?

>Capcom pussying out now that they got caught
I love it when companies do this

you have t manually delete and reinstall the driver.

literally something a google play fart button app would do

said no one since like 2005

This is a big one, they installed a fucking rootkit on a lot of PCs, they won't get away with a simple "sorry".

>Capcom is getting revenge on SFV players

Because they can't be bothered to fix survival mode, which is the root cause of all this to begin with.
>hurrr you can buy the colors now!
Using your FM or real funbux isn't a solution, it's a way of jewing you further because they didn't make their fiscal goal with SFV.

>yfw chinks infiltrated a jap dev team

remind me of this

try not to overdose, doc

Wow. it's almost like the game was intended for PS4 and the PC players were blatantly cheating and bragging about it for months.

SFVI when?

>Wow. it's almost like the game was intended for PS4
Then why'd they port it to PC?

>blatantly cheating

You mean bypassing dlc cost.

2 ways, wait for capcom to rollback, or delete your system 32 folder to get rid of the malware.

I can not fucking believe how much of a disaster this game is. Literally every aspect of it is fucked in one way or another. LITERALLY EVERYTHING. Its not even like "yeah they fucked a bunch of stuff up but the gameplay is phenomenal." THE GAMEPLAY IS FUCKING ASS TOO. Like holy shit how bad can one company be?

I'd assume PC players are a pretty big part of their market considering the only things to play on PC in terms of fighting games are SFIV, SFV, or an outdated version of Guilty Gear.

Is this 2006 Cred Forums?

But the gameplay is fucking great. One of the best active fighters out right now, and a hell of a lot better than IV

>I can not fucking believe how much of a disaster this game is. Literally every aspect of it is fucked in one way or another. LITERALLY EVERYTHING.
Then why are so many people buying their DLC? Isn't this game proof you can pretty much do whatever and people will still buy it if the name is big enough?

Same, but at least I already bought everything I wanted beforehand.

So can you not unlock colours through survival anymore?

Yep consumer don't give a fuck and either do devs anymore.

When's the last time you played a game where you can tell they loved the game themselves?

It's got probably the most tame Top Tier of any first release SF.
Compare Chun to fucking Vanilla Sagat.

Thats really the only thing keeping this shit alive. I feel like if everyone, especially the competitive scene, just sat down and said "so no one likes this game right?" it'd just be dead. But instead everyone is like "well its Street Fighter/well its Capcom" so what can you do?

Okay, as someone who hasn't played Street Fighter in close to a decade, explain what this was all about.

Nigga what, if anything Capcom has outsourced the whole programming team to chineses, believe it or not but there are very few japaneses working on the game.

my rarest mike

doa5, shitty MKs?

You say that like they can't just all choose to stop themselves, but haven't. Can't even say it is cause the game is just so big cause it only sold average

Latest SFV update on PC came with a rootkit that installed on the System32 folder and was exectuing arbritary codes without security checks, which creates a backdoor to anybody since it's very easy to exploit, not to mention SFV uses P2P connections, making it even easier.

>Isn't this game proof you can pretty much do whatever and people will still buy it if the name is big enough?

That's literally exactly what it is. They've fucked up the game on almost every level but you have no choice but to play it. Doesn't matter that Top 8 at Evo was a snoozefest, the pros are going to play it up, everyone else is going to play it because it's "SFV" and "But -I- can't feel the 8 frames of input lag" and the old FGC adage: "You play where the competition is."

Even if you fucking hate that competition.

SFV really could at least be better than IV in the way that characters move but the game is such a braindead rushdown bonanza that things that are hard for rushdown players like footsies might as well not exist.

>not knowing what the CPT is

Even Daigo himself says he's not sure if he's going to continue playing this once the Pro Tour is over, if you even know who that is.

>. Doesn't matter that Top 8 at Evo was a snoozefest
I don't think it was at all, except for the Mika matches. God I fucking hate Mika. The 8 frames is a real issue though, and I honestly don't see why the can't just fix it.

And there are about 40 people in the world that stand a chance of winning capcom cup, so for most that wouldn't be a real drive as they have zero chance of getting in

And no daigo said he wasn't sure if the game would have cpt next year, as it was 4 which built it up and then V inherited it. Despite that in the same interview he talks about that he said he likes the game youtube.com/watch?v=3GXttJzxWVQ

>"But -I- can't feel the 8 frames of input lag"

it's 7 now and yeah compared to like 5 in the previous game there's no difference especially playing online

stupid meme desu

only problem is the dashes are too fast or hard to see coming

evo wasn't a snoozefest but it was definitely less exciting than 4's
hopefully the balance is better next year so we get less goddamn mirror matches

Too late
already uninstalled

Because they are way to busy keeping people away from buying stuff without spending money.

I'd say it was more exciting than early 4, but nowhere near Ultra.

>3s babby in top tier
>ultra option select 4
post disregarded

Well it is an early game, it makes sense.

Fucking this, holy shit my dick

>but you have no choice but to play it
Why? Cause of money? if you cared about money why would you play the most poverty genre? You can earn more by being some faggy overwatch streamer

Anyone who actually know what they're talking about explain how this works?
I've heard a lot of people saying this isn't actually a rootkit, and that it does some shady stuff, but it's nowhere near as dangerous or unsafe as a lot of people are making it out to be.

The 8 frames is intentional because Capcom in their infinite wisdom decided that it was necessary so that "online players didn't feel like they were at an inherent disadvantage." (Reminder, their Japanese GGPO was advertised as "BETTER THAN GGPO"). So it's not going away.

Just because they're rounding the fraction down instead of up now doesn't mean that it should exist at all. It is worse than their old game and significantly worse than Guilty Gear, which has around 3 frames.

Dead Rising 1 rerelease last week?

Accurate

Because literally every other scene is dead unless you enjoy playing with the same 8 people over and over like it's fucking Melee.

yes if it's only half a rootkit it's fine

97% of the user base isn't even at a level where they'll even notice those frames. It's a non-issue.

>Not the UM versions of 98 and 2002
>MK1 better than MK2
>Nu Instinct and MKX that high

I asked for someone who knows what they're talling about

The grandfinals were a bit whack, and I say that as someone who was there, but that had more to do with the Nash-fest more than anything and the taming it down because WE ESPORTS ESPN NOW.

You say that like the sf scene is super active. Plus there is nothing stopping everyone picking up another game if that is what they actually like and just play that or even both.

The amount of Nash in the finals was definitely kinda annoying, but I think it's telling that he hasn't been used so heavily in a lot of top 8s since then.

When SF dies, the scene dies. It happened before and it will happen again.

>SFV keepls blundering when it has no reason to
>KI is dead from lack of exposure
>KoF is dead from bad netcode
>Marvel has been dead for years and everything is just glorified exhibition matches
>GG is dead outside Japan
>MKX is dead because every tournament is basically a check for Sonic Fox

Holy fuck, are fighting games a dead genre once again? How do we get out of this mess, bros? If Tekken 7 fails to deliver I think its time to sell those sticks

>MK1 better than MK2
Are you stupid?

Because people jump into the newest shit game and it dies out because it's the only one people play anymore.

>support sf or your favourite game will stop existing!

should be in the bingo

I love this meme. Playing as Zangief, it really affects me. I feel like I'm throwing out normals preemptively out of range instead of reacting to whiff punish

It isn't like some magical beast that makes the fgc come alive, if everyone who was playing it now switched to ki the fgc wouldn't be dead again. And in general the fgc is at a size that people could choose a few different games instead and it still wouldn't be in a bad shape

yet they don't

>selling my stick
No way I will just find a way to emulate some bemani games and play with it.

Is it actually possible ? I fucking love rhythm games and I would love to play them on my PC with my stick

>was planning on playing later today
>open this thread
Glad I haven't updated sfv in a week

Well, I regret not doing that, then.

Yeah its possible. Good for shmups, too.

Did they outsource this game's development to Koreans or something?

>Game has been "simplified for a wider audience" aka casuals who just want to mash buttons
>Slow as shit movement and walk speed
>Huge floaty jumps with next to no horizontal range
>Tiny ranged normal's
>Tiny hitboxes on everything
>Normal's have a shitty priority system
>Throws are slow as shit with no range
>Links are gone and combos are now mashable
>Huge buffer window
>No close standing attacks
>No neutral jump attacks
>Dizzy making people fall out of combos
>Game is full of comeback mechanics desinged to "lower the effectivness of player skill"
>Only super can chip kill
>V-Trigger a huge universal buff you get as a rewarded for losing
>V-Reverasl a get out of jail free you are rewarded with for losing
>Receve less damage the less health you have
>Worst roster in a street fighter game to date fan favorites replaced with characters no one wanted like birdie and rmika
>Risk/Reward is skewed due to high damage from jump ins yet pitifully low damage on anti airs and how you can no longer get large damage punishes from a jab
>Huge amounts input lag
>Constant fps loss on ps4 and high end PC's
>Random input drops
>Dumbed down mechanics
>Top players already saying the game is casual garbage
>P2W
>Game literally released in an unfinished state
>Online doesn't work correctly
>No punishment for rage quitters
>lobbies that dont even work most of the time with no flags or ping
>8 frames of input lag
>Installs malicious software onto your computer

I feel bad for asking but I really want to play them so if you ever know where to start I would be thankful

I wonder why he excluded what he did

Is Daigo even relevant anymore

Great they are rolling it back. I'm still keeping it uninstalled.

I will never fucking trust them again. Read that capcom, i have no trust in your company at ALL.

I'm sure they'll miss you.

Tekken is LIMB BASED COMBAT. It has already lost.

What happened to Capcom, bros? Where did everything go so wrong?

You just need the stick to be read as a controller dont you? So if its a 360 or xbone supported stick it should work with the official drivers from MS, if not you need a third party driver like you would get a DS3 or 4 to work on your PC

Why are you laughing? Capcom fucked up, people complained, Capcom listened within 24 hours. I don't see how that's worth laughing at.

>KoF is dead from bad netcode

Played your hand too early, kid

>Daigo
>Something he said MONTHS before release

Just shut the fuck up, scrub.

BRAVO CAPCOM

youtube.com/watch?v=fC4CY4n-_Uc

He's right though. They made it okay later but by that time most had already left

>PC cucks

There's rumors that Capcom did the $20 cosmetic DLC drive because Sony's not going to fund or sponsor next years Pro Tour as well. Every player knows after this year the pot is going to be way down on what it was this year. Especially when the casual pot monsters have fucked off. So the game is doomed without that huge pot in the first place. Especially since Sony threw Capcom under the bus as hard as they did Hello Games.

>editions are gone, so Capcom needs to make money elsewhere
>put on a price tag on stuff like stages and costumes, but keep them available through in-game money to make things fair
>mustards datamine upcoming reveals and cheat their way to absurd in-game currency
>brag about having the DLC for free now
>mock Capcom
>Capcom in return feels challenged now and implements over-the-top security measures
All of this would have never happened if PCfags weren't dickholes. One way or another, the next Street Fighter won't be on PC.

>tfw love SF
>tfw SFV was announced
>holy fuck new sf game
>on PS4 and PC
>have neither a ps4 or a good enough pc to run sfv
>build a new pc primarily to play sfv
>game comes out
>online play is a mess
>single player is practically non-existent
>the game on paper is great, but whiff punishing and AA's are for some reason harder than i remember. 8f
>have hopes it'll get better
>capcom only interested in releasing dlcs and punishing players that use mods or methods to gain fm
>rage quitting issue is still not fully addressed
>still can't filter online lobby by region why
>Capcops install rootkit to my computer

All you do is hurt me, Capcom.

>what is melty

Not defending the dlc practice, alt colors? Really Capcom? but have they releases numbers of how many people bought the dlc content with fight money and how many people paid for it with real currency? That'd be interesting to see I think.

yeah they will considering i will be 1 of about 500 people that actually play this game.

>There's rumors
You making shit up on the spot isn't a rumour

>online was patched within DAYS
>hurrdurr everyone left

Whatever you say, my man

Yeah, it will

You'll keep buying their games with a flickering bit of hope that they'll change for the better. This is how Capcom makes their money now.

>SFV
>on pc
just switch over to objectively superior MKX with better online coming out soon fags

holy shit justin actually having an opinion on something

See

>the next Street Fighter won't be on PC

Stop pretending being an uneducated cavedweller, it is money that matters. If PC version makes money, it will be on PC, and it has made money so far and continues to do so.

They showed how much the cpt stuff raises, which is quite a lot so far. if 30% is around 90k
blog.us.playstation.com/2016/09/19/capcom-cup-2016-prize-pool-increased-new-sfv-content-detailed/

Jesus SFV has so much potential but Capcom is fucking it up so hard.

CAPCOM GET SOME COMPETENT PEOPLE IN YOUR TEAM YOU FUCKHEADS

This fucking year man.

>Capcom Pajeet damage control

No wait, that's where the money is going.

>it has made money
Not really. PCfags killed hype reveals that could have garnered more attention. The few sales aren't worth it.

why did they made batman the bad guy?

>makes unsourced claim
>user calls him out
>hurr shill
Not even the guy you were responding to.

arcade mode killed it because it didn't have something casuals could play once and then not care about.

SFV was dead to me when everything was revealed to be rushdown, but I cried when they butchered Juri.

Waiting with no payoff, that's all SFV is. Can't wait for them to announce DLC pack 2 at this years PSX.

Because the other nations in the world don't use consoles as much. Same reason they split Capcom cop in so many different regions despite the fact that the same players were just gonna be traveling more

Eh, marvel was always his game anyways.

>SFV was dead to me when everything was revealed to be rushdown
you not being able to play footsies doesn't mean they're all rushdown

>If PC version makes money
Does it? It didn't sell well at all on pc, they had to deal with the cheating (which lead to this blunder), only about 1,200 regularly play on pc and they leak stuff

steamspy.com/app/310950

It killed itself when it launched with half of the stuff on the main menu saying "Releasing at a later date"

Defense is not really a option since you are at disavantage at all timea, ao rushing down is the only way to be safe

>SFV is footsie oriented

biggest meme ever. Try playing footsies with those manlet-range normals and shitty anti-airs.

they should've stuck to editions

bigger, better, secure, + more exciting updates

Ok, this is a good thing, right? So why are people laughing about it?

>PCfags killed hype
>The few sales aren't worth it

Now aren't you a true expert. Even in case of SFV, you'd lose 200 000 copies sold if you ignored PC, which would decrease your total sale number by approx. 15%. That is millions of dollars.

You shouldn't get into marketing.

>cry endlessly about Super Mega Hyper Turbo editions
>now they want them back
I hate you faggots so fucking much.

Are you stupid? It shouldn't have happened in the first place. This is a fucking dick move by them, and anyone that accepts their apology on this shit are idiots and deserve every bad thing to happen to them.

>play birdie
What was that user?

inb4 "but it costs money to port" even though it's fucking x86

How do they keep fucking up? I'm just sticking to DoA 5 and Tekken 7 fuck this shit.

Because it was a ridiculously stupid decision in the first place, and the schadenfreude from them getting BTFO over it is great.

Without a PC version, there would be no need to develop, optimize and port to PC, you genius. That's manpower and money saved.

Stick to being a NEET.

I need to expand my collection

>Cred Forums is one person
I'd rather have an upgraded edition than having to install constant updates that just clog my PS4.

Why isn't Crapcum bankrupted yet? They literally have no idea what they are doing with their IPs nor their programming software. They give no shits about Megaman, destroyed Resident Evil, and produce jack shit in the last 4 years. I just want these fucks to fucking die.

That's deadpool you dummy

They really should've just followed KI's model.
>F2P version along with base version
>updates are free
>characters and stages released with updates arent

They really should have, but now if they do it too soon it looks really bad when they really can't afford to look bad

Damn I saw a thread about the update being some virus tier shit earlier and just thought it was shitposting so I scrolled on by. Sorry for doubting you Cred Forums

marve 2 was his game.
hes always hated marvel 3. he just stuck with it because his friends played it.

People mostly used the one round mod, which was not cheating. Who was cheated? AI? Certainly not Crapcom, as people simply unlocked rewards you were supposed to get without paying anyway. Most people unlocked them for the colors, as Crapcom didn't put any other way in their half-assed game to unlock them.

Just face the reality and stop putting the blame on the players and customers, it is company that is faulty and they should have made a better game. The actual cheaters on PC are a minority.

>Why isn't Crapcum bankrupted yet?
Because people still by Resident Evil games by the millions.

Why are they so hellbent on ruining this games reputation?

There's one problem with this chart. New Killer Instinct.

It's better than games in Mid Tier. But at the same time it's worse than games in High Tier.

Stating the obvious, I see. Of course it costs money, but the sales definitely cover it. Why do you think they released SFV on PC after SFIV if it wasn't worth it? I think you are the dumbass here.

Stop posting this shit, faggot. Literally no one agrees with it

Its like those awful RE movies they keep shitting out. The idiot masses eat that shit up.

>as people simply unlocked rewards
And FM, most got about 1 million from it.

even if they didn't, still cheating cause that is breaking the rules

>MvC2
>High Tier

WEW LAD

youtube.com/watch?v=Q-LO00yq91A
>V-skill is nerfed to complete uselessness
Well fuck and I was looking forward to Urine

>Why do you think they released SFV on PC after SFIV if it wasn't worth it?
To attempt maximizing profits by getting the game out to as many platforms as possible. Due to the Sony deal, the Bone was out of the question, so PC it was.

What you think has no relevancy since you have clearly proven to be a moron.

There was literally nothing wrong with Soulcalibur 3

So rare I only posted it once

Those people would have earned those characters and FM legit if survival wasn't so fucking stupid to begin with. Nothing more frustrating then starting 50 rounds over because some bs shit the AI read at round 40.

Most those same people cleared the trials easily because they're still actually pretty good at the game when it's not actively cheating against you itself.

Again, that FM was supposed to be gained for free. It wasn't FM to be bought, it was FM to be unlocked.

Cheating in the Crapcom's books, probably, as they very much hate when people actually unlock their content for free rather than give up and give them their money.

The PS2 version was incredibly unbalanced. Arcade version was great, however.

>complete uselessness

Calm down man, it's probably got frame 3 armor like every other armored attack in the game.

Right, and they will continue maximixing profits in the future as well, simple as that, thank you. We'll see if SF6 will be released on PC or not in ten years, if ever.

>Now KOFXIV leads the fightan game community

How does it feel KOF is now number one

And guess what, all of them are bad and just combo filler/corner carry
This is Meaty Fighter V we're talking about

>mfw

BUT IT IS BAD doesn't change they cheated

>that FM was supposed to be gained for free
When you actually earn it, they didn't. It isn't meant to be just handed out for free even if the mode was good. In fact if it was good it should still be a challenge like old fighting games modes

So no, still cheated and got fm they didn't earn

Why does KoF look like Kingdom Hearts?

>4/5 of a health bar gone with a single super

what a shite game

>Capcom fucked up most of their series
>only major ones left are SF, MonHun and Resident Evil
>now fucking up SFV
I want to see the look of Capcom's executives now. Who the fuck thought it was good idea to put in malicious code in a SFV patch?

youtube.com/watch?v=t2dD1D2Kpl0
Wait wait wait

I don't have the game on me, but does player 2 Urien go banana hammock?

could they patch in footsies next january or something?

So does the driver install itself if I had automatic Steam updates on, or does it only install if I launch the game?

Could not find the driver in my device manager, at the very least.

>cheated
Cheated what exactly though. All the character can be unlocked for free by grinding that shot out anyways. You're only awarded fight money or experience on completion only. The mode needed an overhaul. Drastically.

I thought that was Mike Stoklasa for a second.

>single

>mirror the Wesker fight in one of the movies
Oh neat, I wonder how they'll end it.
>they shoot him a bunch
I'm so glad I stopped watching after the first one.

I think you might take video games a little too seriously, m80.

mind you it's an improvement

One, five meters worth, what's the difference?

No, you hold LP+MK+HP before the match and he gets a different intro where his clothes burn off.

I'm not sure what you mean by "fucked up" if you think SFV IS but Resident Evil ISN'T.

The difference is that you're a fucking scrub that should stick to SFV

Why would you want them to go bankrupt? Aside from the way they've been handling SFV, they've really turned things around the last few years.

>Cheated
Did they complete the mode in the intended way? No? they cheated

>All the character can be unlocked for free by grinding
Yes, they actually have to do what was intended not change the mode so it is one round. This is not a point in your favour.

It's like saying you finished a marathon cause you crossed the finish line, even though you only ran a few steps and then drove to the finish line

I am so fucking tired of urien, I played like 20 games earlier and only fought someone besides urien like twice

for what purpose?

>v shape
>just like the thong
>in street fighter V
the lore deepens

Nice passive aggressiveness, cuck.

Excellent

It was the code to get his secret color in 3S.

You can do a lot with five meters

You can't cheat at single-player, user.

Don't get hit by supers. Problem solved.

Speak for yourself

>It isn't meant to be just handed out

I can see that and agree. But if the accusation is that some FM was "stolen" from Capcom, like some say, then I wholly disagree. But I suppose you simply call it cheating, which is alright, though even then it is cheating simply in Capcom's books. No real harm is done because de facto for most players it's "either I buy this thing with FM or I won't buy it at all."

They manage to get neat shit like this in the game but we completely missed it because of the backdoor fiasco.
Only capcom can do 1 good thing and wrap it with diarrhea

Christ I wish I had the patience to learn Ramon.

The fuck? I just bought SFV a month ago and was having a fuckton of fun playing as Laura. Should I just abandon it and wait for Tekken or something?

I mean there's not much of a choice on PC and all the other fighting games are complex as fuck.

I bet this was an event of ;
>Higherups wont listen to codemonkeys
>codemonkeys take the blame

This is what happens when Ono is sick at home, fucking christ.

Assuming Capcom doesn't replace it with something just as bad you could just wait till they finish rolling back the """""security""""".

>There was literally nothing wrong with Soulcalibur 3
youtube.com/watch?v=sd8rWl9fQWY
youtube.com/watch?v=eaMlTjouRtc
youtube.com/watch?v=Jqd7xrHpfYw
youtube.com/watch?v=Re7ehvCTT4E
youtube.com/watch?v=fHhy_UXJaks
youtube.com/watch?v=tCyi-88wUYY
youtube.com/watch?v=BmHx-K15yZI
youtube.com/watch?v=EfRNQu9o1Bk
youtube.com/watch?v=c5UVIxcuvpA
youtube.com/watch?v=CwZSrXv5LW0
youtube.com/watch?v=MnUfDTVmQr4
youtube.com/watch?v=oBuidfTqPUs
youtube.com/watch?v=LGDDl5SzQfk

Anyone here who can't even launch the game anymore? I tried disabling my anti virus, verifying the integrity cache and reinstalling the game but it won't start, only the typical case where the player icon goes green for 2 seconds, then it goes back to blue.

If they actually do this and not fuck something new up, I will be pleasantly surprised. I love playing SFV, but it often seems like Capcom really wants me to hate it.

If I've dled the update but have yet to start up SFV should I still have the file? I cant find shit.

It's a good thing I'm lazy installing patches. Just saw it on my list of games needing to be updated. Just uninstalled. Fuck that game.

>one day after my fresh install steam install malware on my computer

Why do black guys look 20 well into their 40's?

>lose at level 49
>rewarded nothing

Yeah fuck that.

Same problem here.
I'm just going to wait for patch rollback and play something else in weekend.

Monster Hunter

I hope someone sues them

>It's been over a month since the last CPT

Good. I played a few FT10 sets with a Plat Urien and he was unstoppable. Invincible reversals are supposed to be unsafe and cc punishable. Im glad he got the nerf bat.

where is the driver? How do I remove it?

getting tired of Ken, suggest a similar character

This, me too

When you launch the game. Steam doesn't have permission but the game needs admin privileges to run now.

Alright, good to know.

Ryu

> Dont take away any character, color or stage I bought
> revenge
All they took was 2k fm

anyone with a 3 frame normal and invuln reversal

casual here

im getting shit stomped

any good guides on rashid or urien?

This one was just posted a little while ago.

youtube.com/watch?v=pBU6ANq5pV8&feature=youtu.be

#RootUp

r.mika

knew i shouldve fucking just used all my points

they didnt take all of my cheated money, but they took maybe half of it

no

god no

thanks, I have just a few hours in this game but after getting stomped by some opportunists (I'm a rookie) I've been grinding for hours against level 5-6 CPU enemies. Chun li and Ken.

I can't even get Dhalsim down to half health.

If I beat level 8 CPU do you think I could get to ultra bronze in ranked?

?

Capcom Fighters
Before:
>JoJo's Bizzare Adventure: Heritage For The Future
>Street Fighter 2
>Street Fighter 3rd Strike
>Street Fighter Alpha
>FUCKING POWER STONE
>MvC1 and 2
>Darkstalkers
After
>SFV
>Street Fighter x Tekken

what went wrong?
only one I thought was really good was MvC3 and UMvC3

CPUs are a poor metric because you can abuse their behavior.

Fighting AI isn't going to help against human opponents, you should really be practicing combos and such in training.

If your playing on the pc the newest update installs a rootkit on your computer.

where's smash :^)

>links are gone

Literally just making shit up

i-i-it's actually f-fixed now, i'm really h-happy i spent 60 eurobuckaroos on it.

Yea, that makes a lot more sense. My combos are scrub trash tier, obviously.

SFV is my first fighting game so I guess I'll have to really dedicate effort to this to be good.

Oh yea, I do play on PC. I almost couldn't play the game.

>people using my gif

resident evil happened

>If I beat level 8 CPU do you think I could get to ultra bronze in ranked?

I can trash the CPUs and I'm stuck in ultra bronze

You can trashtalk (and I won't argue that) the game as long as you want, you can't deny the fact that it brought us dank memes
>8frames
>2 minutes
>rashid revealed on 9/11
>ken face
>and now rootkit

That's pretty funny

People like you need to be brought out back and shot

You don't actually know what passive-agressive means, do you?

sorry if i hit a nerve friend :^)

Do you?

Capcom doesn't actually make fighters anymore, all the staff went away after CFJ. The actual development of the new games was just farmed out to Dimps because some of the old Street Fighter and SNK staff are there.

What makes things worse is that because Capcom still completely owns the game things like CFN and all of SFV's unlocks and shit are the responsibility of a separate, nearly non-existent team. I think they made Ultra completely on their own too which is why it's such a jankfest.

Money. Capcom has said it before: "if it doesn't hit 2 million sales, it doesn't get a sequel." Game production on the technical side (coding, networking, etc.) has only gone up alongside all the creative aspects like music, visuals, and designing. The higher your cost, the higher the risk. If they don't think it'll make money, they're not going to do it.

Would any of this explain why when I just beat Hard Survival with Ken it said that I only had 48 wins despite going all the way through, and didn't give me any rewards? I'm pretty pissed. It was online too, it wouldn't let me hit the "log-in" tab in the main menu and I could still go to the shop.

This game is a total fucking mess and will likely end in capcoms closing. Even sony couldn't fight off the lawsuit for mass installing rootkits on peoples PC's

Why is SFV so badly made? Shit like input lag on a 2D plane game, it makes no sense at all, shouldn't that shit be obvious how it is important to be responsive in a 2D fightan game?

So wait
can I fucking play the game now? This is getting a bit ridiculous.

Hey you salty fuck, when you gonna stop being a salty fuck and come back to CPT?

>That one capcuck desperately trying to claim 8 frames of input delay is only a meme as a last ditch attempt at damage control

WHY DO YOU WANT PLAY SFV WHEN YOU HAVE KOF XIV AND GUILTY ?!?

Whats with all those hire me replies

Everything else this update brought was amazing, yet I can't enjoy any of it until the rollback patch is put out because I don't want rootkits on my PC.

Why does everything with current Capcom have to be one step forward, two steps back? When is KoFXIV coming to PC so I can escape this abusive relationship?[/spoiler

>will CPT ever return?

Sure man, just leave that backdoor wide open! No boogeyman hackers will tear your PC a new one! :^)

He's a man of integrity, discipline... honesty... chivalry...? Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure to welcome here today... JUSTIN

>revenged for being utterly incompetent and unable to handle a simple thing like microtransactions

Rashid

Kind of need to. The fuck they gonna do, tell everyone to deal with it? They are wide open for lawsuits now and no amount of "muh rich company lawyers" is going to protect them.

lol

It's true suffering, isn't it.

Japan will always buy Monster Hunter.
The FGC will always buy Street Fighter.
Everyone buys Resident Evil no matter how bad the last entry was.
Dragon's Dogma Online and Monster Hunter Frontier bring in money by doing nothing but reskinning existing content.

Fucking cowards shouldn't have added it in the first place.

Pretty sure he sticks with it due to contractual obligation with EG

>He still play SFV

Fucking kek.

Don't forget they killed Dead Rising by giving it to the canadian fucks

This way of thinking pretty much signals you are underage

>b-b-but MOOOOM he did it fiiiirst so me throwing a rock at his head is justified!

DO NOT USE THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just ran into an issue after running the game and having been so stupid to switch off my antivirus and firewall. My ram jumped to 5.2 GB usage when idle. I switch off and on and still the same problem.

Then I found the capcom.sys file in the system32 folder and deleted it.

But still the same. Windows indexing was high, Coratana was being used by something, edge was sending info to the network card. Network was at 9% ram use and 57% usage at all times at idle.

DO NOT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD USE THIS GAME.

FIX: locate capcom.sys and delete it form system32 folder. Uninstall SFV. Disable the network adapter and switch off the computer from the power. Reset your router. Then switch back on and enable your network adapter.

This game is only fucking trouble. Good luck guys.

9/10 actually pretty funny

did we play the same game? DDO was almost all entirely new content
hell they have entire class concepts that are nothing like the classes found in DD like monk

How are all those Nako/Athena shitters treating ya?

lolno

DONT DO THIS IT MAKES MUSTARD GAS

holy shit, thanks m8, been fucking with this all day

hey, can you find a picture of kof14 on twitch for me

Weren't they absent from the latest tournament (I think it was thunderstruck) grandfinals? I think they were absent in the PSArena grand finals too.

i saw a two bar super followed by a three bar one

Cpt was all mike's work, he got nothing out of it in terms of profit. He told me he did it because he enjoyed it so much even if capcom didnt care. He is tired now, unless capcom give some help dont think he is coming back. Spoke to him when he came to my country, he's a pretty cool guy. he almost got scammed by a taxi driver, fuck my country.

He wanted to make it Pro talk too, instead of just capcom. So stuff like perfect 13lend could happen more often or news of other games

I tried looking in my system 32 folder and device manager but I still don't see it. Did I somehow not get it?

holy shit just admit you were fucking wrong you absolute dick massaging scrub haha
why can't niggers on Cred Forums ever admit they were wrong
shoulda apologised and backed out now you look like a faggot

>who cares it brought us memes lol
please leave this board and never come back, go to reddit, go to gamefaqs, go anywhere, you are nothing but a memeposting shitposter who thinks he's funny when he is nothing but garbage

leave

that post is two hours old, faggot.

Players avoid using them because they don't want to kill the scene any faster.

Good, then fuck him. floe is far more entertaining than Ross. Just find someone to replace Mike if he's going to be a baby and let people down.

>new update out, new character
>nobody talking about it on Cred Forums
>but two threads about the miniscule PC userbase getting spooked by DRM because they hacked the shit out of the game and leaked absolutely everything they could for the past 6 months

I bet most of y'all don't even own the game. and those that do, you fucking bought a fighting game for PC, what were you thinking?

>Get the warning that I cheated and that the stuff I got has been removed
>Didn't lose any FM
>Bought Urien and the default costume colors
>Still sitting on 500k FM

>You can't reply to posts unless they were made a minute ago

>you fucking bought a fighting game for PC, what were you thinking?
But it has crossplay so there's no reason to have it on anything else.

>le no fighting on pc meme
Just end your life. It's as stale as your meme.

>get knocked down

inb4
>lul i never git knocked down git gud

>with meter
Enjoy the ex bullhorn on wake up.

>Rising Thunder

Fuck you Riot.

It was a shit game anyways.

I enjoyed it a lot more than any of the games in "top tier"

>SFV

I mean, really? Why aren't you playing the fightin game of the year?

Let people down? Are you retarded? He has been doing it for almost two years, and he even had to put money out of his pocket for the show. The rage quits and salt are part of the show. Its not 100% real

Give me another PC fighter

>anytime a DLC character comes out the servers have to be down for 10 hours of maintenance beforehand.

Literally fucking WHY???
All that time for a single fucking character or some other such bullshit??

Nigga people want it back and are upset it's gone and the only reason it's gone is due to Mike. Yes, he let people down by fucking off

>b-but his money
He's not poor

Keep sucking that unskilled player dick

Because no threads or lobbies ever get made. I want to learn how to deal with shitters but I keep getting blown up before I can counter their shit. It also probably doesn't help that none of my team members use a projectile.

So, the rollback update seems to be up, but I'm too scared to test it myself, can someone tell me if it really removes the rootkit?

>doing Revelator Challenges
>for some reason they decided to teach anti-airing with one of the most awkward anti-air scenarios possible that only works because of upper body invincibility

can confirm it does

So how long before Nintendo buys up Capcom?

thanks m8

The new update now releases mustard gas

I was making it all up I hope it's too late for you now.

Gameplay wise it really is. Even the atmosphere is better since it's like a 70s kungfu movie.

When's PC version

Does the update actually remove it or does one have to check to make sure?

Over half those things sound great. Making the game nails hard just to be nails hard does not make it more fun.

I'm reading a lot of people saying you still have to remove capcom.sys manually.

Them angel's angels

glad I'm not interested in this garbage.

sauce?

Can they still get sued for even making the mistake in the first place?

No one would actually prosecute it.

Threads on the steam community.

You should still check even if you don't believe me, better safe than sorry on this shit.

Yes, they can, not sure if someone is going to follow with a lawsuit though, I didn't see any reports of people being affected by the security flaw.

Rumor has it that SFV's engine was coded by one employee. ONE.

Now it's likely a team is working on the game but the engine is so awful they did this rootkit thing to keep people from hacking the exe, when people have been doing it for months. As it's been said SFV needed longer dev time before going out to the public.

I hope people who gave it a bad review because of the rootkit don't change the fucking review to positive, Capcom deserves to get fucked in any way possible.

Uh why would they? Game has been a shitshow since launch. Anyone who likes it are scrubs.

>FunctionPointerFromIoclInputBuffer - 8
> - 8

guys I think I found the 8 frames lag

MY RAREST MIKE

A SPECIAL ALTERNATE VERSION OF NEVER BEFORE POSTED

THIS POST WILL BE DELETED IN 5 SECONDS

Doesn't it already have a ton of bad reviews on Steam?

I changed my review to negative due to malware from being negative due to a lot of other reasons

Ramon is pretty much top tier when you know how to use him.

>playing 3D fighters competitively in the first place
Also, they fixed the glitches in the arcade version.

>havent opened up steam in a few days

bullet dodged

twitter.com/Bill307_ca/status/779506121740517378

What did he mean by this?

Please PLEASE let this spread this around. Capcom needs to be taken down a few notches

Then spread it if that's what you want.

You do it

Marvel always sucked balls as competitive game too. It's literally smash - casual edition.
Capcom just managed to shrink themself and ruin their fame over and over again. Now Bandai namco is doing all the anime fighting games.

When he says device, does he mean as in, a remote user accessing your PC?

so theyre literally delivering payloads, circumventing kernel data control and not encrypting the access parameters? Or does device just mean the data payload to be uploaded into memory?

>smash - casual edition.
>implying smash is not casual already

The engine is UE4. The one man coding was for the netcode.

Post 30 seconds of you playing any smash game at the highest possible level.

>All these faggots who thought Tekken was bad but praise this piece of shit

Feels good to not be a 2D fighter cuck.

>this irradiated anal busting because somebody says his favourite game is casual

Street Fighter is the most casual game in the genre, always. It's always babys first fighting game and you never play the genre if you never branch out.

You're right but Smash is the most casual baby shit around and its not even a fighter now fuck off to you're own thread.

>i-its not een a fightan
Nice stale meme from 15 years ago.

guise,does Urien still yell KILL or CRUSH?

Just because a million autist scream its a fighter doesn't make it a fighter.

Its a platforming game where you need to hit people off of.

>Sony made it clear that installing a rootkit on one machine is illegal and got raked over the coals for it in court
>Capcom does the same thing 10 years later

Did everyone just forgot that this was illegal?

This is good. You deserve a (You). I'm sorry you did not get one before.

>If it wasn't for RE and Monster Hunter, Capcom would be fucking bankrupt.

What's their plan for when people don't give a shit about Resident Evil anymore, and when they get fed up with PS2 graphics and the exact same gameplay over and over?

>Japan
>ever getting tired of MonHun

There's a reason Monster Hunter Frontier gets ported to any and every platform that comes out.

yes

That's what you faggots get for being PC Cucks

>VF 5
>Mid tier
>Not High Tier
This is how I know the list is bullshit.

Alpha 3 being in top tier is correct, though.

>Garou
>that high
Game is pretty broken desu.

First Konami
Then Nintendo
Now Capcom

Capcom went full retard way before those 2

monster hunter is a money machine and the only reason people played the 3ds in Japan

was it Denuvo?

Bitcoin Miner V

>buying games
ok, ok, I forgive you because you paid for online.

They basically installed a rootkit in people's computers. Also

The game dev industry has a history of pushing to see how far it can take DRM without causing a shitstorm. Sometimes it wins, sometimes it fails by going too far.

Some bold yet unlucky middle manager is probably going to seek new employment soon.

>Patch doesn't delete capcom.sys
>thousands of unaware players will leave this shit on their pc
>eventually someone takes advantage of this

Wew, thanks capcom

EIGHT FRAMES OF INPUT DELAY

>confirming v trigger off cr.mk
Damn

>MK Deception
>trash
I am willing to bet my entire life's savings that whoever made this list never even played half the games on it.

ENOUGH TO KILL ANYTHING THAT MOVES

fuck I just got a virus

what is Cred Forums's preferred law firm?

Mike & Ike

What does it do? I removed it but apparently had it for over a day now

It installs a virus that asks you what is Poison's gender. If you get it wrong, it deletes system 32

class action lawsuit when?
Let's bomb these devs and Capcom

Are we doing a urine lobby or are we just playing with our dicks here?

Why can't we do both?

>Not playing GGXrdR instead

that butt

because

Too busy playing KoF14.
Just got my 100th ranked win, so I can drop that shitty mode now.

I don't have urien but post a fucking lobby

only installed the update yesterday because of that urien hype thread on Cred Forums. there were a couple of people pointing out there was a virus as well

I'd rather play with Urien's dick.

It basically creates a backdoor to your pc that people can exploit and use to access any file on your pc.

To be fair that sounds dope as fuck on your resume, he can just say Capcom is cheap as fuck and didn't want to hire a team. Its not really his fault

Post CFN and I'll invite you, otherwise I'll ask you to find the lobby in FT1 with password 5555 When I make it in 5 minutes

Lobby is up, get in here
R3/99/FT1
CS:On, Pass: 5555

ay yo where the lobby at

don't see it

post cfn

>One way or another, the next Street Fighter won't be on PC.
with how much of a disaster SFV is, the next street fighter probably won't even exist at all

Losion

my steam got hacked

Time to lawyer up user.

what happened??

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Raincoats doesn't know what happened either

good rashid

gief use EXs more often don't rely so much on CA

cant play XIV on pc yet and my friend refuses to play XIII with me

It's not a rootkit, it's just a kernel-mode driver that will happily run any code any user throws at it.
In other words, it allows for any process on the system to gain root.

When the fuck is KoF14 coming to PC anyways? Fuck SFV.

Has mike stream CPT since his break down live on stream with kbrad?

I miss him so much...

Not for a long while.

Why is this nigger spammed in every SFV thread? He's neither good or funny.

HOLD THAT "L" TO YOUR CHEST

I want them to kiss

>MvC3
>High Tier

WEWer LAD

Thanks for playing