Flying Mounts in WoW

I have a couple questions for ex and current WoW players.

If flying mounts were not added in WoW during TBC do you think they would have been added in at all?

Do you think that there would have been an overwhelming demand for flying mounts as the game progressed?

How differant do you think the game would have been if they were never added?

Was there a demand for flying mounts during the inital release of the game after a couple patches?

>If flying mounts were not added in WoW during TBC do you think they would have been added in at all?

They were added in TBC, so im sure at some point they would have been added.

>Do you think that there would have been an overwhelming demand for flying mounts as the game progressed?

I'm sure some people would have gotten the idea for flying mounts in their head, and would start suggesting the idea to blizzard.

>How differant do you think the game would have been if they were never added?

It would have made the worlds more interesting to explore and play in. Being forced to be on the ground caused you to run into other players and interact with them. From that you could either have a group get started for a quest and make new friends, or it can make for some good world PVP between factions. Now everyone takes their private jets everywhere they go, and avoids confrontation at all costs.

I miss old WoW for that.

>Was there a demand for flying mounts during the inital release of the game after a couple patches?

I wouldn't be able to tell you. I started playing WoW towards the end of vanilla. I never heard of anyone saying they wanted flying mounts, but that's just my own experience.

>Being forced to be on the ground caused you to run into other players and interact with them.

>what are flypaths

>flypaths cover every single square inch of Azeroth, Outland and Draenor

Flight paths took you to fixed points on the map. If you wanted to get to certain locations within the area for a quest, you had to go there on foot yourself.

>It would have made the worlds more interesting to explore and play in. Being forced to be on the ground caused you to run into other players and interact with them. From that you could either have a group get started for a quest and make new friends, or it can make for some good world PVP between factions. Now everyone takes their private jets everywhere they go, and avoids confrontation at all costs.

This.... fucking this... like i remember ashenvale. Runing into a ne as horde and helping him do quests. Simply because.

I helped him and tried to communicate with him with gestures.

Being grounded really added to the interaction.

You mention private jets... but even worse is juat lfg lfr and not even talking to ppl when ure grouped. When i played cata i remember being in that naga dungeon and saying to ppl "none of u are talking... you wait this will kill wow"

Good thing that WoD didn't have them at launch and Legion probably won't have flying mounts for quite some time. I genuinely think gating flying is one of the best decisions they've made for the game in recent years.

>If flying mounts were not added in WoW during TBC do you think they would have been added in at all?
It have gone either way. I suspect Blizzard realized quickly that it was a mistake, but didn't have the balls to do anything until WoD when they were desperate, and even then they eventually caved in
>Do you think that there would have been an overwhelming demand for flying mounts as the game progressed?
No. It would be one of those dumb recurring suggestions on the forum but not something a lot of people wanted. If flying had caught on in the rest of the industry then yeah that would have fuelled demand in WoW
Very. Flying mounts lead to much quicker consumption of world content and entitled laziness. Look at the whine when they were removed in WoD
>Was there a demand for flying mounts during the inital release of the game after a couple patches?
No

But flying did catch on in the rest of the industry. Are you dumb? MOST MMOs have flying.

I miss my plagued proto drake, the colours on that thing were great.

On the whole I kinda hated flying mounts though, the world felt a lot bigger riding a shitty horse

This is a dumb question, "if flying mounts weren't added do you think they would have been added?" lolwut

Not really considering we had flight paths.

You'd run into more players to interact with, it objectively makes the game better not having them in.

Not really, most people were too busy playing the game to complain about shit back then. Most of the complaints were for horribly bugged stuff, but the community in general was a lot more positive back then because it was a time when Blizzard were still trusted to release objectively good games.

I hate that they caved and allowed flying in draenor. No flying was one of the only things I liked about WoD.

I don't hate flying, but I think it only should have ever been allowed in places specifically designed for it like Netherstorm and Deepholme. Places like Icecrown and the Dread Wastes completely lose any feeling of being dangerous when you can just fly over those big scary armies of mobs.

>Netherstorm
Nigga Netherstorm is the potser child for zones that are cool as fuck and feel like a challenging last level until you get flying

To be fair once you're done with the linear quest line and you're level capped there was literally no reason to ever leave garrison or raid finder anyways. It wouldn't have made any difference, the world was completely empty.

>Netherstorm
>Challenging

wat, I don't remember dying even once in netherstorm. Maybe SMV but netherstorm was just domes and kill X talbuk quests.

Good end zones were stuff like burning steppes and EPL where you're gonna get ganked by 60s and dragons every 10 mins.

You're kinda right. I'm just remembering all the little areas that were a pain in the ass or flat out impossible to get to and the fact that you needed to fly to reach TK.
Storm Peaks I think is a better example, with the enormous architecture and mountains that really would be impossible to navigate around just on foot. And any huge bunches of dangerous mobs were fighting each other any way so flying just let you continue to be an outside observer from a different view.

Flying mounts were total ass in TBC and until you had Artisan Flying were barely a novelty

>Regular flight speed was 60%
>60 fucking %

Zen Flight made me remember how fucking terrible it was

I played WoW for the world pvp

Flying killed it.

>I played WoW for uneven, skill-less fights where I'm not in danger

okay casual

I'm not even him but wow you sound mad that you got killed a lot, did you play a warlock or someshit?

whats happening in this screenshot?

I think its good that they barred it until the end of the expansion
my biggest concern with this MMO game is that you could stay in org/SW and level 15-100 exclusively through LFG
garrisons were a huge step back, I dont like class halls much more but at least they listened
what would be cool is guild halls
Something like a garrison but all your guildies can hang out in it together

Its from the Ahn Qiraj opening event

fucking lol, also I miss when the forums looked like that.

Paladins were actually designed to be a super easy to play class that kids could use but it ended up just making them boring buffbots