CONT. >>352710971

CONT. >MALWARE WARNING
>MALWARE WARNING
>MALWARE WARNING

THIS IS NOT A DRILL. THE NEW PATCH FOR SFV INSTALLS A ROOTKIT ON YOUR COMPUTER, ALLOWING IT TO SEE ANYTHING YOU DO OR WHAT YOU'VE INSTALLED.

THE V NOW STANDS FOR VIRUS

UNINSTALL AND DELETE CAPCOM.SYS FROM SYSTEM32

-Open up device manager
-At the top, click "View" and then click "Show hidden devices" in the dropdown menu
-You should now be able to scroll down to the "Non-Plug and Play Drivers" section
-In this section there is a driver called "Capcom". Right-click it and select "Uninstall"
-You will get a prompt to restart your computer. Upon doing so the driver will be gone.

I am using Win 7 x64 and have verified that by using this method any trace of the driver is removed from both the system files, as well as the registry. If this method works consistently for everyone else, I recommend that OP add this to the main post.

Other urls found in this thread:

theregister.co.uk/2016/09/23/capcom_street_fighter_v/?mt=1474661698184
gamespot.com/articles/street-fighter-5-pc-update-raises-security-concern/1100-6443881/
theregister.co.uk/2016/09/23/capcom_street_fighter_v/
twitter.com/Bill307_ca/status/779506121740517378
twitter.com/streetfighter
youtube.com/watch?v=Lq1ey4-ewyQ
steamcharts.com/app/45760
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

CAPCOM SAYS THEY'LL FIX IT.

>Capcom
>fixing things

Today Crapcom has learnt that spreading malwares is bad, perhaps tomorrow they will learn basic grammar so I don't have to see shit like this in the game.

>trusting a company that just installed a rootkit into your pc to "fix it"

nice one, next you are going to tell me to trust hitler when he says its shower time.

Working fine on ps4 nigga, got them new weekly missions an shit. Shit, nigga just got 5000fm just for watching karins epilogue. Shit, y'all know 5000fm ain't shit to the Chad though nigga. Playing console games on pc? Shit, are you gay nigga?

I'm giving them the benefit of a doubt.

Was there an outcry by the game players? What caused them to respond so quickly?

Devs of security programs and virus scanners are literally warning people to uninstall the game and remove all traces of it.

I saw some popular FGC people tweeting about it, including the guy who runs EVO.

Maybe that's why.

>Playing on PC when PS4 is tournament standard

the FGC might be cancer, but goddamn does news travel quick when we need it to

They need to fix it faster. I need my Urine.

Can't wait for the inevitable dick sucking after this shit is fixed. I can see the EventScrubs headline now:

>Cacpom fixes forced rootkit install so forgive them already!!!

I uninstalled the game, didn't even run it. It doesn't show up on device manager or installed drivers list. Am i safe?

If you didn't run you have nothing to fear, the rootkit only installs when the game is launched.

oh alright, thanks

Wait is this real? I thought you guys were joking

But it is shower time. Say what you want about him, he's impeccably clean.

How does something like this even happen?

See:

With the new patch, PC and PS4 with or without legacy controllers should now all operate with 7 frames of input lag, I think. There's no difference anymore.

>mfw the game not launching for me is what saved me from getting capcuck'd

Thanks for reminding me to go practice Guilty Gear, fuck SFV

>PC masterace

No rootkits on my ps4 keeeeek

Greed. Even with a fuck up like this the """pros""" will continue to play and berate those who know it's shit because Capcom puts the money in their pockets.

I trust this outrageous claim without qualm.
Thank you for exposing the evilness of The Capcom.

they don't want to be sued

*$0.03 has been deposited into your account. Thank you for your continued support!*

>the shill is back to defend Capcom's honor

theregister.co.uk/2016/09/23/capcom_street_fighter_v/?mt=1474661698184

the game wouldn't even start for me

gamespot.com/articles/street-fighter-5-pc-update-raises-security-concern/1100-6443881/

what version ID was this?
I ran it about a week or so ago before they added Urien
am I safe?

Yer safe, update was today, and it only creates the rootkit if you run sfv

You can sue a company for this. I hope some rich guy does it. He'd have a good case.

word cotton

Damn Chad that was savage, lay off the pc-fucktards my dude, they don't know any better.

Are we getting a class-action lawsuit for this? Maybe such a lawsuit would finally kill this corpse of a company.

Whats that supposed to even mean to non tournament players? Or to anyone at all..?

well for starters it means you won't have a rootkit installed on your PC

theregister.co.uk/2016/09/23/capcom_street_fighter_v/

Articles are being written about this.

Even with disabled v-sync on PC?

wasn't SFV deemed a mess by most people who like Street Fighter games?

You can't disable v-sync anymore

yeh

also pc players don't play fighting and it's an online game so i can't see the point in all this

still, funny seeing capcom backtrack so fast not gonna try this shit again if they ever put out a worthwhile game which they haven't in years

I downloaded the update and never played it.
I can't find "non plug in play drivers" in device manager.
Someone send help.

It's too late

Stop being vultures. This could happen to anyone.

> capcom installs root kit on pc
> hacker breaks it open
> jailbreaks ps4
>????
> profit

Not booting SFV was my best decision yet :)
No sign of capcom.sys

It's a video game company so people won't care enough about it for anything serious to happen.

Even through driver settings?

>listening to random nobodies on the internet

Have fun not playing Urine, guys :^)

It's false advertisement if they don't remove the rootkit now, actually. Meaning you can actually legally fuck their ass if they go back on their word.

>post yfw SFV dies and Melee becomes the new main game of the FGC

I see the update isn't all bad. I'm sorry user but I couldn't resist.

i miss this series is that guy still doing videos of it?

>they just posted on steam

REV UP THOSE LAWSUITS

Can we start a class-action lawsuit against them for installing FUCKING MALWARE?

we expect a quick bingo coming form you

I think Capcom fans are just like Blizzard's, they love to eat shit

>rich guy
Just start a class action. There's literally precedence for this. Sony installed rootkits on peoples PC's a decade ago and got sued hard core

>also pc players don't play fighting
You're pretty retarded, user.

>Playing fighting games on PC
I don't see what the problem is, Capcom was just doing this to show you guys how badly you fucked up by trying to play fighters on PC. They belong on consoles, everyone knows that.

>ALLOWING IT TO SEE ANYTHING YOU DO OR WHAT YOU'VE INSTALLED.
It allows anyone to execute kernel mode code. Even if you're in a locked down account.
There will be malware exploiting this by tomorrow.

No. No lawyer would think it's worth going after a video game company.

Yeah instead your fucking network gets hacked every week.

Good thing I lost all interest on SFV when I found out they made Karin a nigger lover.

Lmao, fucking Capcom man. They could have not done a worse job at handling this game. Guess that's what happens when you shit out an incomplete turd of a game for the sake of some tournament.

LMAO >PC MASTER RACE

I BET THE ONLINE IS DEAD ANYWAY AHAHAHA

Keep doing that forever user. I'm sure they'll treat you nicely.

I played it this morning. Should I just uninstall it for now?

Remove the capcom.sys file in your system32 folder (probably have to restart first to be able to do so).

Then don't start the game at all until they revert the patch.

Am I safe if I haven't started the game up since the patch?

Well, actually, I haven't started the game up since I got my hands on Juri and saw how much they took a bit fat shit all over her play style and character, but that's practically the same thing as not starting it up since the Urien patch, right?

BITCOIN MINER V

Yeah, you're fine. The rootkit only installs upon booting the game post-patch.

I can't find "Non-Plug and Play Drivers" am I fucked?

Woah hold the fucking phone
WHY would Capcom install rootkits through a update? What they were going to use it for??

>trusting subhuman gooks

To install a drive that makes you unable to mess with the exe

Ostensibly to make so you can't cheat fight money.

They really didn't think the consequences through.

>bikini and roller blades with high socks
Jesus H. Christ

I opened the game without admin, still got in but the game updated while I was in game.

I guess next time I open it it'll do this shit? I might just wait till they finish the rollback.

Certain memory exploits can be used to cheat in SFV.

Rather than fix SFV to make this not doable, they "fixed" every enduser's computer by fucking around at the kernel level to force-disable any software that does it.

The problem is, the rootkit they installed to do this is so fucking exploitable any malware could latch onto it and do its OWN fucking around at the kernel level; normally this is not doable without explicit end-user permission, but by installing this update the end-user is (unknowingly) GIVING permission to enable this backdoor to be installed.

Basically, imagine if the maintenance guys at your apartment, in the process of fixing your fridge, removed all the locks on your front door and didn't tell you. This way they could come and go freely for routine maintenance (and so could anyone else who knew about it). That's basically what this does to your OS.

christ, how are they gonna recover from this?

Everyone will forget about it in two days.

I've already forgotten about it.
I've been playing all day. SFV is fucking amazing.

>tfw cant delete it even after uninstalling the game
What the fuck is using it to not let me delete?

Okay Capcom, we get it.

Boot in safe mode and then kill it

Why were they even assuming they'd get away with this shit? They think people would just accept it?

>They think people would just accept it?

Of course.

They dont have to recover because capcucks love sucking capcom cock so itll be as if mothing happened. If any other fighter pulled this shit itd be game over.

Exactly how many fucking chances are people going to give capcom

>tournament standard
Who gives a flying fuck about tournaments? Go play football if you're that fucking egotistical.

Restart your computer, worked for me.

I can't find Capcom in my system 32 folder. Does that mean I didn't install it?

HOW did they think this is a good idea?

Don't get me wrong, I actually like the way SFV plays and I'm of the opinion Capcom is still able to make a perfectly competent fighter, it's just laughable how everything around the game itself has been blunder after blunder. The marketing, the zenny, the servers at launch, muh 8 frames, having to install the story mode separate, and now this. HOW do they keep messing up so bad on a technical level?

cross-posted from leddit but still, if you can't find it in the folder:

UPDATE 2 IF YOU CANT FIND THE CAPCOM.SYS FILE FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO CANNOT SEE THE CAPCOM.SYS FILE IN YOUR SYSTEM32 FOLDER:
You still most likely have the file installed on your system. Despite the fact that I have Windows set to show hidden files and also to allow me to see important system files, I was unable to see "Capcom.sys" in my System32 folder. Given that the file is operating as a driver I used NirSoft's InstalledDriversList to check, and sure enough it was installed and the directory was C:\Windows\System32.
NOW THAT YOU ARE AWARE THAT THE DRIVER CAN STILL BE INSTALLED ON YOUR PC DESPITE YOUR INABILITY TO SEE IT, HERE'S HOW TO GET RID OF IT:
Open up device manager
At the top, click "View" and then click "Show hidden devices" in the dropdown menu
You should now be able to scroll down to the "Non-Plug and Play Drivers" section
In this section there is a driver called "Capcom". Right-click it and select "Uninstall"
You will get a prompt to restart your computer. Upon doing so the driver will be gone.
I am using Win 7 x64 and have verified that by using this method any trace of the driver is removed from both the system files, as well as the registry. If this method works consistently for everyone else, I recommend that OP add this to the main post. - From Hugh G. Rekshun via steam forum
Update 3
Still having trouble finding Capcom.sys on your pc, try this method
Download and run NirSoft's Installed Drivers List
Look for the driver labelled "Capcom"
If it's NOT in the list you don't have it installed and have nothing to worry about (go about your day and don't boot SFV until they fix it)
If it IS in the list, right-click it and select "Open in regedit"
Once regedit opens, the driver will already be selected
Delete it and restart your PC
Open IDL to confirm that it's been removed

So I uninstalled the game and I checked my Device manager. Didn't see Non Plug and Play Drivers anywhere even after I showed hidden devices. So am I good?

what the fuck is a rootkit anyway?

Google it, retard.

well problem solved, everything is okay.

Fuck you, cuck.

no

hah, knowledgeless plebs

SO FUCKING WHAT
STEAM IS A FUCKING ROOTKIT AS WELL

Thanks, tried all of these and still didn't see it. Uninstalled the game and rebooted just to make sure and still nothing. I'm guessing I'm fine.

Not to mention they pay for that privilege.

>Sony

SFV was funded by Sony, right?

you literally don't know what a root kit is

i cant find anything called capcom in that list, then again I could never start the game properly after the patch. Does the rootkit only get added when you do the in-game install or does it come with the steam-patch?

same, the gods smile upon us

>hack the game
>get the in-game currency for free
>rip the models and costumes before they're meant to be released
>get those for free, too
>act surprised when a company attempts to prevent this from happening

PCfags, not even once.

This has be said several times, but yes, the rootkit is only added on system32 when the game is launched, that is why the game asks for admin rights, Steam itself don't have admin rights so it can put files on system32 folder. If you can't launch the game it's probably your system is being effective in trying to stop the file from being put there.

There are millions or better and safer way to prevent that kind of thing though, but for some reason they decided using a poorly coded rootkit was a good idea. If you don't know what a rootkit is google up, fyi no PC game has ever asked for kernel level access before SFV, Capcom could very well get sued for this.

> can't do it correctly
> smash together a root kit

Oh, well alright then, thanks. I did try all the steps that were recommended to try and launch it though like disabling all anti virus software, verifying the integrity cache and reinstalling the game but none worked. Might be a blessing in disguise this time, just hope they fix whatever they did that causes the game not to launch with it. I've had this problem before where none of the steam games will launch in the same manner but never only one specific one like in this case.

>implying a potfeeding mongrel like you even makes it out of pools

>fyi no PC game has ever asked for kernel level access before SFV

>This is one for the history books. The world's first official rootkit patch.

As many as it takes until the next street fighter comes out. Alot of people play SF exclusively whereas most players of other franchises actually play more than one game.

update is out that removes the malware

Update and check if the the rootkit really is gone.

Jesus Fucking Christ, who ever thought for a single second this would be a good idea? Fire that man.

no its still in my system how do you remove it from windows 10? it apparently removes it from the game but i guess i have to unistall the game to actually remove it?

>playing street fighter V
get out. throw away your computer on your way out.

Boot into safe mode and remove. msconfig

>people unironically play fighting games on PC

I instantly uninstalled it after i read they take Kernel access.

Not a single game in my 20 years of pc gaming ever needed those rights.

There shouldn't have been a rootkit at all.

Your game is in the toilet and your first instinct is to make shit worse?

>noo you're not being casual wrong the only way you're allowed to not be casual is acknowledging the existence of system shock

It has crossplay, mods, and I can use whatever controls I like. And I don't need to pay for online.

>he pays to use an internet connection that he's already paying for

>Someone stains the rug
>First instinct is to burn the house down

Seems legit, good thing nobody bought SFV :^)

thanks idiot. I checked the Reddit thread for actual information and removed it thanks

>Being happy about the same broken mechanics and dick riding the same 6 players who want special treatment and skipping pools while they shit in real pools

np

>Paying for internet twice
>Using a service that gets hacked every other week
>Trusting $ony with your credit card info

Top kek, you fanboys slay me.

>new patch
is it gone?
can I finally fucking play this shit game?

remember to remove capcom.sys from windows/system32

Read it in his voice, you got me.

>Being happy about a shitty game that was launched half-finished, forces you to grind more than a MOBA, has overpriced DLC, shitty online, and hacks your hardware like some korean MMO.

Say what you will about Melee's community but at least they realized that told Nintendo to fuck off and didn't fall for the brand loyalty meme.

Maybe one day Capkeks will do the same, but I doubt after seeing this thread.

>Trusting your backdoor to Capcom

Either way you lose.

I'm losing shit because I pirated that shitty game months ago.

Piracy wins again.

Here's your (You) capcuck.

>bragging about pirating a game that's garbage by yourself

really makes you think

Considering the online is garbage, it's being registered as malware, the DLC is expensive, and you're grinding for costumes and shit, I think I dodged a fucking bullet by not buying it.

Besides, fighting games were meant for couch co-op anyways.

He's shit anyways don't bother.
Mixups will only last you so long. After awhile everyone knows you inside-out and mash dp wins anyway. Why play somebody who once again can't win against the holy trinity of utterly broken chars: Ryu-Chun-Nash?

Find a better game lads. Shit taste in fightans quite literally.

>Capcom's "fix" includes formatting the drive your OS is installed on

You still need to remove capcom.sys manually too.

>fix delete System32

twitter.com/Bill307_ca/status/779506121740517378

Can someone please give me a link to download capcom.sys for analysis purposes? Thanks.

the fuck?

the intern who made this shit is crazy

there is a link to it in the previous thread archive

>Capcom puts out rollback update
>Delet Capcom.sys from my computer
>Boot game, file is still not in System32

S-seems legit.

Is Capcom going to fix Juri too?

I like the game and think it's legit fun, but jesus christ everything surrounding the game has been such a clusterfuck, what the fuck were they thinking??Where they even thinking?

>what the fuck were they thinking?
>These idiots buy anything we sell them. We fuck them up the asshole with a spiked bat and they beg for more.

Can't find it either. Any help?

have fun giving your credit card information to capcom so they can fund the next hd collection

>I like the game and think it's legit fun
Please fuck off to assfaggot whewre you belong. No one that likes what makes fighting games fun could like this pile of trash.

SFV is literally the worst game released in years and you faggots will still act superior to games like KI, MKX, GG, Tekken, KoF, etc.

Fuck off you lame ass SFV dick sucking faggots

You're a fucking idiot, how does a PC division doing their job terribly affects the merit of the entire game, stop blaming the quality of the food if your table has a short leg.

>food analogies

Because the game is shit you fucking apologist faggot who is ruining gaming

go die bitch

>b-b-b-but not before i give capcom 55.55 for more costumes and stages

kek first you need the game to work

GGPO is good though.

lel, cry more

>game doesn't work
>i-i-it sucks anyway

Ryu/Chun/Nash don't win every tournament though.

Nash is getting picked less and less for Karin

who the fuck plays Street fighter on PC in 2016?

just get a PS4 for christ's sake

>pc players don't play fighting
The Koreans and BRs on Fightcade say hello

It's a good thing I don't believe okay this pupu game
I thought if you wanted to play fighting games you'd get a kekstation, or a Wii u.

>you should stop playing it if you hate it
>you have less than 100 hours in it, your opinion is invalid
Well which one is it, mateys?

Granted, it took me like 300 hours to like SFIV

Chun doesn't even win tournaments

I see plenty of fellow PC players online, my dear shitposter.
You've never invited friends to your house to gather around the PC?

This is something that confuses me. Karin is very classist, so I have no idea why she'd want to hang out with some fat British criminal.

i'd love uncle adolf to soap me up

>I-IT'S OKAY BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE OR PLAY ON PC PERSONALLY
How petty can you get? If the Xbone version of Dead or Alive caused your console to have a hard drive failure or something, I'd still call that out as bad programming and business even if I don't have any interest in owning an Xbox at all.

Someone is getting fucking flayed alive for this debacle, I just know it.

Whoever put up this idea is gonna have his skin fucking ripped off.

>Implying I give a fuck about what happens to the screaming Autist known as 'the master race'

Yea nah fuck em.

That's literally a reddit meme and nothing more.

She's in top 8 in every tournament at least.

Buddy cop movie logic.

>Cred Forums PCuck autist don't have a superiority complex
Why are you lying?

I guess this is gonna get posted for another week to trick people into not play SFV but it was patched out a few hours ago

Just played for a hour or so and no Capcom driver or file

>niggers that don't even know how to turn on a computer and Japs that haven't caught up with their Korean and Chinese cousins in computer development not acknowledging this is a big deal
Surprise, surprise.

I hope capcom gets sued for this. Sony already put up a precedent.

Good thing my computer is total shit.

>pc gaming is superior they say

top fucking kek. enjoy that virus mustards

>Street Fighter is the only relevant fighting game
Fact.

This isn't PSO2

Tekken is fucking televised in Korea

And KoF has been in china. Infiltration has also said that KoF and Tekken are bigger than SF in Korea, but I guess that doesn't matter. I'm guessing what's popular in the US only counts as relevant.

I've been playing the game for over a day now fuck and just woke up to this. already removed the driver though so is there anything bad thats happened to my pc

I'd say people acknowledge what's popular in Japan as well, but that only applies when it is convenient to an argument or narrative about whatever game is being defended.
I miss Super Battle Opera so much

I know about Japan's Dueling the KoF, but when did China broadcast a tournament?

What's wrong with those kikes?

>CAPCOM SAYS THEY'LL FIX IT.
They mean they'll hide it better?

Why would capcom even do this? Did they really think people wouldn't find out/care?

They already "fixed" it, but you still have to remove capcom.sys manually. Also

I love when people use these simple analogies to explain something hard. For a dumb fuck like me it's a godsend.

What is this "buy" you speak of?

You kind of need to buy this game for the online to work. Or do you just have your own scene?

I play with my mom

>tfw mom has arthritis and can't play SF or VF with me anymore.

Easier to beat her tbf

Good thing this absolute abomination of a sequel never actually RAN on my computer. Like, I would run it, and it would instantly close. Yes, I did all the proposed solutions to this problem, with adding SFV to your exceptions on your antivirus software and windows defender, and none of that worked. Also, if you ever have to add a game to your antivirus's exceptions list (if its something actually reputable like MBAM), then you know that the game itself is fucked up.

MBAM isn't an antivirus and should not be used as one.

PC Master Race amirite?

Semantics.

>arthritis and blindness at old age run in my family
>tfw would probably off myself if I couldn't vidya anymore.

by that point videogames will play themselves

I uninstalled SFV as soon as I heard about this, I had not launched the game since the patch.
Checking device manager I didn't find a single driver for Capcom.

So I'm guessing if you don't ever launch the game it doesn't have the opportunity to install the driver?

I couldn't find it via device manager as well, but used NirSoft's Installed Drivers List and found it

Yeah, launching the game invoked the UAC prompt about installing shit on your PC. If you didn't launch it, you're safe.

one of the many reasons to only play fighting games on console

fighting games on console just doesn't FEEL right.
if you don't play on an arcade cabinet, what's even the point?

What would you recommend?

Windows Defender as far as free ones go. MBAM is great but it's just for malware removal once you're infected.

I'm 35 dude. Clock's a tickin'.

Wii u has no fighting games

>buying a console where you have to pay to play online

If the PS4 had free online services like the PS3 I would have already bought one.

They'll return with the rootkit in the next month update and say they fixed the security flaws, mark my words.

I'd rather pay to play online then deal with shitty/unplayable PC ports that have been coming out lately (Watch_Dogs, Arkham Knight, Bioshock remastered, etc) all of which run better on PS4 by actually, you know, working.

Not to mention this malware, which is icing on the cake.

>Bioshock remastered

weak bait

Hey, me too! I'm gonna die soon too! Wow!

twitter.com/streetfighter
So they apparently "fixed" it now
Anybody wanna boot up SFV to see if it's true?

Im not touching that shit before i know

Anyone confirmed Steam refund working after this?

Why does anybody even give a fuck about this game? All I've ever seen in any of these threads is bad things about the game. Just ignore the game that is bad that constantly generates threads that talk about how bad the game is.

They can and should get sued for this. This shit is downright malicious.

You first?

Rev up those class action lawsuits

Ran every virus scan known to man, and checked my windows folder and found no traces of fuckery

Maybe keep the pitchforks and torches in the shed for a week while we wait for a statement, yeah?

Too little too late Capcom.
You literally shot yourselves in the foot with this rootkit shit when people were all ready on the edge about giving up your sack of shit game.
Now they have pushed everyone over the edge and done so much damage people will not bother with it and go play something else.

I ran SFV and can't find any Capcom.sys in the device manager

Seems like they really did fix it.
But i didn't see any update to the game so how did they patched it out?

>company makes mistake
>realizes mistake
>fixes said mistake and apologizes
>HURR FUCK U THE DAMAGE IS DONE I HOPE YOU BURN
Look, I'm in no way defending this fiasco, but you're acting like fucking SJWs.

Why haven't you asked for free shit as a form of "compensation"?

Sometimes I just fucking hate PC gaming so fucking much.

The biggest FG tournament in history is a Chinese KoF97 tournament in terms of viewer numbers

Honestly Capcom should just make Urien free to PC players.
That's is the least they could fucking do

run installed drivers list (you have to download it) if you see scroll down and if you see capcom in there that means you still have it, you can delete it through the program. by right clicking it though and restarting the computer.

It's different when it's the 10th fucking mistake

GUYS HURRY AND START IT UP, CAPCOM ACTUALLY FIXED IT

And further make my season ticket worthless? Thanks

Remember to support Revelator and KoF14 instead. They come complete and are actually good fighting games.

Leave this website forever.

At least it's a good game right guys?

>apologizing on twitter for the inconvenience of the game needing to be patched is a sufficient apology for installing a fucking rootkit

games already dead...sorry

>go online

>man thongs everywhere

>Haha, they haven't groveled enough to satisfy me!

Only in terms of online which matters a lot less than you think

>man thongs

>buying season pass
You are the reason why Capcom thinks it can get away with shit like this

And it's crazy how good some of them already are. Either they practiced with Urien extensively thanks to mods or he's simply a good character.

What's particularly striking is that Urien can throw out his EX headbutt without any repercussions.

Worst choice of my life

They legitimately haven't. Actually at this point about the only thing that would satisfy me would be refunding the PC version so I can buy it on a platform they can't completely fuck up.

It's not dead online either.

No they're not. Both games have active player bases. Revelator is even on sale now so lots of new people will join. Their clever lobby systems ensure that the games can survive despite smaller player bases.

i dont think you grasp the seriousness of the situation. creating a backdoor like that can have catastrophic results once someone starts exploiting it.

>you have to download it
is it just called installed drivers list?

>What's particularly striking is that Urien can throw out his EX headbutt without any repercussions.

plenty of ex moves are safe like that
balrogs EX dash punch for example

dudes, steam updated sfv but i don't see the driver or the sys file. do i have to run the game for that update to take effect?

they already made another update. the latest version of the game doesnt contain it anymore. if you dont have it now, you're safe.

If you didn't run the game before they rolled back the update you have nothing to worry about.

Even if they do supposedly fix it I still don't trust booting the game up anymore. I wasn't even having that much fun with the game anyway, I got better games to play fuck you capcom.

sweet, thank god i never play it hahha

>Their clever lobby systems ensure that the games can survive despite smaller player bases.
How so? Only played the first version of Xrd, and all it had was 4 matches in a lobby at once. Is that enough to save the game, or did Revelator add something else?

I found this and i still can't find any Capcom related driver.

>playing SFV
>instead of any given FG from the last 25 years that's aeons better

you deserve to have you pony hentai hacked, virgin neckbeard

By this i mean the DriveView program not the driver that is marked in the pic.

Point is i still can't find any capcom shit and i don't know if i should be glad that i don't have it or worried that i can't find and delete it myself

Did you ever click "yes" to a pop up that asked for your permission for their .exe to make changes to your computer or not?

Why did they even think this was a good idea in the first place? When has installing a rootkit ever ended will for any company?

I did without thinking about it like a moron yes

Did you check system32 folder for capcom.sys? Did you check it with hidden files shown enabled?
Did you search your computer for capcom.sys?

Season ticket cuckold

Don't play SFV. Just here to ask a question.

How do you guys resist the urge to simply reformat your hard drive after this? Can you really know your PC is safe after this?

Idiots probably signed off on a cheating 'fix' designed by even bigger idiots without actually looking into what it is.

Can you ever really know your pc is safe?

Thank god I haven't launched SFV in 2 months.

Time to uninstall this garbage.

No, but I didn't click "yes" to a literal rootkit.

>CAPCOM SAYS THEY'LL FIX IT
too late

>DROPPED
>R
>O
>P
>P
>E
>D

Console Master Race!!!!!

dat nonexistent super attack hit-box...

that picture can literally be changed to pick chun li or yun for 3S

masters of the shit tier fighting game... here's your crown, your majesties

Nice virus fatboy

>muh OP chun li

and yet, that game - indeed, character - gave us "the moment"...
youtube.com/watch?v=Lq1ey4-ewyQ

...while 'V' gives us plodding, boring gameplay, shitting roster, malware and comatose-inducing "hype" moments

>dead game is dead

Yes.
Yes.
And Yes.

I can't think of a fighting game in recent memory that is as dry and barebones and frustrating to play as SFV. They made the game for casuals leaving nothing for high-level play.

>the amount of damage Ryu can shit in like 3-4 hits
Not a single character pisses me off in this game as much as he does.

3rd Strike was 5 years old by then and most people had ignored it for A3 and CvS2 for most of that time period.

As long as capcom.sys is not there, you are fine. Don't care about the drivers.

Is it an actual rootkit or is it a Libertarian """""rootkit""""".

This so fucking much
>get hit by a jumpin because Ryus hurtbox doesn't exist when he makes a jumpattack
>1,2 DP
>50% HP gone
Fuck Ryu

What bothers me the most is the top tier characters having great AA options on top of a great AA jab. Like whats the point of ryu having fucking DP or crouch hp when all they do is AA jab into left right mixup, fucking necalli is the worst offender though amazing DP for anti air and stopping crossups but no need to ever use it when his jab is even better.

My guess is clueless hand rubbing ceo wants the goyjin to stop getting free virtual money.

Desperate nipponese wage slave is told to do it and do it now or risk being replaced.

Wage slave too scared to tell computer illiterate boss that it might cause problem.

This happens.

Wageslave is fired.
Boss gets 10 billion yen bonus vacation.
Dumb goyjin purchase sf6 anyway.

Which law firm is the Daigo of class action lawsuits Cred Forums?

Thank god this "anti-cheat" was outright broken for so many people, otherwise I doubt it would have been removed so quickly or at all.

>the best we could do won't be the Marn of lawsuits if it's is amarican law we go by

So what does it mean if I have absolutely no problem playing the game so far?

I checked and capcom.sys isn't there, the game even had an update so maybe it got removed?

And can someone even simply explain to me what is the risk of having this on you computer?

Don't worry I'm sure it will be back in one form or another.

As much as you faggots that don't even play the game would love for it to die it wont.

They fixed it within a day calm down with your witch hunt

"Fixed it"

They got caught in crime and proceeded to damage control as their customers revolted. It's not some bug that got "fixed," but a blatant attack against people. A crime, hence I agree with the previous that guy that someone should sue them. Too bad people are not so willing to sue big companies, because money talks.

The game is great, the Cred Forumsocal minority is incredibly loud and stuck in bronze

It has been removed for now. To be safe open device manager, go View -> Show hidden devices. Then make sure Capcom.sys can't be found under Non-Plug and Play Drivers.

To simplify, the new update installed a driver to your PC that any application could pass code to which would then run with elevated permissions making your PC vulnerable.

>the Cred Forumsocal minority
it has an approval rating of 27% on Steam. That's lower than shovelware dog shit. It's not a vocal minority. It's common consensus that the game is shit.

>(not DRM)

NEVER FORGET

agreed. 3/4 the cast have aa jabs it seems. Birdie's aa thing is just full retard.

>moves forward
>still hits way behind him.

>it has an approval rating of 27% on Steam
Reviews were written by angry armchair acti/v/ists and you only cited recent ones. Steam reviews don't mean shit anymore.

In all fairness the pc release has many things that have been overlooked which weren't on console and steam rating does not reflect the entire playerbase most of which are on ps4.
t. pc player

Look at user fighting the good fight while his greasy sausage fingers piano around the keyboard.

Remember when your parents said the computer caught a virus because you had been playing games?

(You) mean (You)?

They were probably right, if I was playing a Crapcom game.

>t. pc player
What does this actually mean? I can never tell if people are claiming to be the thing following "t." or calling the person they're replying to that thing.

meant for

t. is life's biggest mystery to me

>there are smash babies so upset that there is a game consistently gets more viewers (to the point ESPN even picked it up) and is better treated at tournies that they take more time shitposting the game than playing their own

And I can tell it's smashfags because of how autistic the replies are here. You people are literally frothing at the mouth.

I wonder if they'll mention it on Capcom Pro Talk. Or was it canned because of Mike trashing the stick?

It's an Cred Forums meme

>this post
Crapcom shills are in full damage control mode already

Its pretty obvious when it is used as a response to a poster or meant indicate the poster's own identity

How does it taste?

I'm telling you, user, you need to calm down. It's not worth getting this frustrated over.

God bless you user for a good explanation.

Attacking people's computers is nost a "mistake," it is a crime. No one can be stupid enough to think otherwise.

Almost destroying their customers computers and having their information stolen by russians because they're greedy fucks trying to punish their own customers for the sake of not having fake game currency stolen by a handful of cheaters and wouldnt have buged and inch if there was no frustrated outcry

This. Look for context clues.

Just because you're too retarded to understand Capcom's audacity with this move doesn't mean everyone else is.

t. Tekken fan.

As I though some of the dicksucking restarted after they "fixed" it.

Oh shit, the esports lawyer guy just tweeted that he's going at Capcom. It's over for SFV.

Jesus, Guile's wife is such a stupid bitch.

"Oh right it won't bring my friend back? I'll just let my nemesis go commit some more murders then, adios! Bays con dios!"

>le updates meme
This is why I stopped at gen 6.

So how are memory exploits are used to cheat in SFV? Genuinely curious and have no intention of cheating (that would ruin the fun for me).

Link?

RYU BROS WW@
MIKADUDES ARE ALRIGHT TOO

GIEFKEK BRONZIES KILL YOURSELVES

"cheating" in this case only means cheating capcom out of fight money. You can't hack yourself infinite health or anything that breaks the multiplayer.

>Faggots on steam forums defending Capcom
JUST BURN IT ALL DOWN JIM

Oh, so its just the 1 round survival thing? You'd think there would be an easier way to address something like that.

I'm guessing this was the easiest/cheapest option, as opposed to rewriting game code.

>MFW all of this fiasco

Just need someone to sue Crapcom to make this all perfect

/tfw gold rank Giefs give me the most trouble.

You have your credit card information stored on your computer?

What chara you play?

If this is true, then fuck yes. Either way, Capcom can expect a number of lawsuits in the coming weeks.

I like SFV but i wanna see this too.
Capcome can not fuck up this badly with one of their mainline gamesand expect to get away with it.

Bipson.
Its just a bad matchup for me.

Well sony got sued for doing the same thing, but I supposed to some people in here it's ok be cause it's capcom, they apologized for the inconvenience and they "fixed" it. If you got capcom.sys even after the new update you have to still manually remove it.

I can see struggling with Gief with him, yeah.

they will get away with it because they "rolled back" the update. Besides no one will probably bother to do anything with it.

I don't even play Street Fighter V but I want to see a publisher or developer get into trouble over shit they pulled

i thankfully didnt open SFV after the update

is it safe to reinstall?

yeah

if you think the world is so big and evil then fuck off from it

Prove it with you taking a screenshot of your game and this thread both open.

Capcuck was planning on installing a bitcoin miner to recoup loses from SFB

To be fair killing him does little good as well.

>implying steam doesn't the same thing with vac
tip top kek

>implying it does

eti negro

Why is headbutt so satisfying ? Which one is plus on block ?

Wew, thank you for telling us Capcom representative and/or spokesperson.

I played when the invasive patch came out but i can't find any trace of capcom.sys or anything, even malwarebytes found nothing.

I live in Canada and the Canadian police knocked at my door saying Capcom contacted them because I had drawings of anime characters below the age of 18 on my PC. I'm now posting this from my phone, I'm on my way to jail. Fuck you Crapcom.

>try doing c.hp into fireball
>do c.hp into whiff headbutt

>SFV INSTALLS A ROOTKIT

That's not how a rootkit works, you cannot uninstall it so visibly user

People still play this game?

Here user, this is a computer with a rootkit, I format and it stays, no matter what I do, it fucking stays even on apparently completely new computers, it kidna seems to stay no matter what OS...

See how it says "console"? It means windows is operating in console mode, meaning somebody has a command prompt.

It has as many players now as USF4 did before SFV's launch. And that game was almost 8 years old.

So it's kinda dying.

But OP's solution did help me find some other nasty files hiding in my PC so thanks OP.

Actually pretty cool to see a helpful OP once in a while. I think he's asleep now but I appreciated the warning aswell. Even included a guide on how to delete it.

USFIV peaked at 800 players on weekends before SFV's release. SFV currently has 1,700 players on Steam.

You are now are that you are dying at any given moment.

Fucking Capdrone, the player number for SFV is unusually high for a few days as the patch was yesterday.

Normally it's around 1000.

So what are people's impressions of Calvin Klein?
I remember seeing some talk that he could be high tier when people had access to the leak/story build of him.

It has about 1000 players logged on in average.

USF4 was pulling similar numbers just the few months before SFV was released.

steamcharts.com/app/45760

And USF4 was a late port.

Strong, but not as strong as the best characters. I'd put him high mid above vega

>It has as many players now as USF4 did before SFV's launch
looking at the chart though, Ultra had those numbers for years. Around 1,000 give or take a few 100 isn't just the last years numbers, that was the numbers it was always getting. So going off that SFV has retained not died

Capcom.sys is still in my system32 but i cant delete it. What do I do?

reboot in safe mode then delete it

Restarted and now capcom.sys is gone. This is all that needs to be gone right?

Why would Capcom do this in the first place if they were going to backpedal so fast?

>sony told people to put rootkit in their shit again
You'd think those fuckers would have learned their lesson by now

Now that capcom.sys is gone, does it mean we can still use cheat engine for 1 hit kills ?

They thought nobody would notice.

Sony told them they need more money from casuals

Further proves this point.

I really like the missions, I hope they bring more of them and regularly. I don't want to wait 1 week for a ridiculous "play a ranked match" mission

What makes you think it was them and not just capcom's incompetence?